JJJ

Re: Brexit part 5:Bye England! See you soon Scotland ?

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:19 am

A101 wrote:
Before you get to the EUDF you will have to enter a more highly regulated political union, which means giving up your current independent sovereign rights to criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels. you cannot have one institution like a EUDF without conceding the other, if that is where your future is to lay, then I'm do not want to stop you that is your decision.

I do not think EUDF means what you think it means.

A101

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:26 am

JJJ wrote:

Ok enlighten me..............calls for a European Army calls for European aircraft carriers, what should one think?

SomebodyInTLS

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:23 am

Daily Mail political editor decides Brexit was a mistake(!):

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opende ... ink-again/
"As with most things related to aircraft design, it's all about the trade-offs and much more nuanced than A.net likes to make out."

JJJ

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:27 am

A101 wrote:
JJJ wrote:

Ok enlighten me..............calls for a European Army calls for European aircraft carriers, what should one think?

Were France and Britain planning on merging their respective MoDs when they were planning to jointly build and operate carriers? Are Germany and Netherlands united since they're operating the joing German-Dutch corps? Or France and Germany, because of the Franco-German brigade?

Joint building and purchasing of big military projects make sense because there's significant economies of scale. Same for stuff like high-readiness troops, etc.

Reinhardt

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:48 am

A101 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

It is not claiming authority, it has authority because the UK government agreed to this. The UK does influence EU regulations, that is the idea: have the same regulations so you can have one domestic market with the same regulations, trade without friction.

At the end of the day the EU is the supreme authority over the UK regulation and judicial process there's no arguing that, and 27 other nations have an input into UK regulations. If the UK does not like a set of regulations it has to form a big enough minority with other like minded nations to stop or veto such regulations.

Yes the other 27 nations have a say in creating EU law that then becomes UK law. BUT, and this is a very big but, we have a say in these laws, we have a veto. I can tell you from first hand experience, who do you think was the driving power behind CE marks, EMC standards? When I say driving, I mean had the majority of the expertise so when EU laws were created they were based on data, and imformation from...you guessed it the UK. So UK standards effectively became EU standards. So you see it works the other way as well, that's what a partnership is.

You state you want the UK to make it's own laws, well it does, but it also helps create EU laws. Laws that are created by the EU are generally world leaders in terms of requirements. Why should UK citizens have to expect lower qualities of produce, lower protections in order to have trade deals which already exist by being part of the EU?

What regulations do you hate so much, that you want out? Working Time directive? CE? Environmental? Hoovers (UK pushed this) ?

How about someone stopping the Conservative parties regulations like the bedroom tax, massive reduction in police / teachers / NHS funding and all the problems is has created - London centric spending, Russian money, Saudi money, massive cost of houses, lack of housing, windrush, massive income equality, homelessness? How about fixing the problems that actually affect everyone day to day, those that are directly the responsbility of Govenment? How with all of these problems can you trust them for one second to negotiate all the trade deals needed with a WTO no deal Brexit? I say this Govenment because JC is just as useless and isn't remotely close to winning an election.

The UK is broken, and massively devided. Leaving the EU will not fix this.

seahawk

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 am

Did facts really matter in the whole process? Even when re-thinking the Brexit, Brexiteers still call the EU undemocratic which is and always has been wrong. But maybe a federal system is hard for the UK to understand.

A101

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:49 am

JJJ wrote:
A101 wrote:
JJJ wrote:

Were France and Britain planning on merging their respective MoDs when they were planning to jointly build and operate carriers? Are Germany and Netherlands united since they're operating the joing German-Dutch corps? Or France and Germany, because of the Franco-German brigade?

Joint building and purchasing of big military projects make sense because there's significant economies of scale. Same for stuff like high-readiness troops, etc.

Interesting, I’ll have to give it more thought

FlapsOne

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:18 pm

I can’t quite understand why Sky have a brexit countdown saying we are leaving in four days. We all know that that simply isn’t the case. What gives?

scbriml

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:31 pm

FlapsOne wrote:
I can’t quite understand why Sky have a brexit countdown saying we are leaving in four days. We all know that that simply isn’t the case. What gives?

They must have reset it from 29th March :duck:

It would be the case if the EU doesn't agree to an extension of A50 and Parliament can't agree on anything.

Parliament has made it very clear it doesn't want a no-deal Brexit. However, if the EU doesn't grant an extension to A50 on Wednesday, then Parliament will be faced with a very stark choice on Thursday or Friday - no-deal Brexit or revoke A50. They'll be the only two options left on the table.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Dutchy

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:35 pm

A101 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
A101 wrote:

Well why don't you out them?

Why have you post almost exclusively on Brexit threads, why are you here?

Do I have to have a reason, will I get banned if I don’t?

Nope, but it is kind of remarkable.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

SQ22

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Please continue your discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1419951

Thread will be locked.