Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Flighty
Topic Author

Alternative Universe... what's going on?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:59 pm

In a universe almost identical to our own, a few things are different... Tandy and Quasar are the leading tech companies. Congratulations if you bought stock in them.

What is going on in the airline industry? How about politics?

desertjets

Re: Alternative Universe... what's going on?

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:47 pm

Mirror Al Gore is enjoying his 5th term of President of the United States of America and Canada and all the guys have goaties. Radio Shack is alive and well and demands your mailing address so you can buy some AAA batteries.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

trpmb6

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:21 pm

Blockbuster is delivering movies to your doorstep.

Hughes Aircraft recently acquired Martin Lockheed and is now the leading defense contractor in the nation.

Midwest Aircraft - a joint venture formed by one time partners formed rivals now partners again, Clyde Cessna, Walter and Ann Beech and Lloyd Stearman - is now an industry leader in supersonic business travel with aircraft that can reach any city on Gaia from any other city on Gaia. (Under the Al Gore administration it was determined that the term Earth was too masculine and toxic, and thus Gaia became the new name for our planet after adoption by the IAU - incidentally adopted at the same time that Pluto was reinstated as a planet.)

MDB (Mcdonnell - Douglas - Boeing), headquartered in St. Louis, MO, is competing head to head with Airbus on a Triple Aisle, double decker configuration to compete in the OOM (Out of Market) class. Industry insiders believe this to just be a pissing match more than a sound market driven business decision.

alfa164

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Flighty wrote:
In a universe almost identical to our own, a few things are different... Tandy and Quasar are the leading tech companies. Congratulations if you bought stock in them. What is going on in the airline industry? How about politics?

Donald Trump and Nancy Pelosi are engaged to be married - after he stood up Kim Son Jong-un.

The found each other irresistible after he 1) he joined the Black Lives Matter; and 2) learned to tell the truth - always!
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

casinterest

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:15 pm

Sears and Kmart have taken over the market for online and brick and morter stores. Home -Depot, Lowes, and Wal-Mart are all in danger of declaring bankruptcy even though anti-trust lawsuits are pending against Kenmore, Craftsman, Sony , and other device makers for lack of licensing. Amazon is a second rate bargain bin online alternative that has never peaked .
Where ever you go, there you are.

NIKV69

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:03 pm

desertjets wrote:
Mirror Al Gore is enjoying his 5th term of President of the United States of America and Canada and all the guys have goaties. Radio Shack is alive and well and demands your mailing address so you can buy some AAA batteries.

Goatees, flip flops and Hawaiian shirts.No job and vaping canibus.
I am the Googlizer!!!

ER757

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:55 pm

MySpace is the most popular website on the internet.
Virgin Galactic has three flights per day to the Sea of Tranquility. SRB has a vacation resort there where tourists go to work on their tan without all that pesky atmosphere blocking the UV rays (which have been determined to be beneficial to health).

sccutler

Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 am

Braniff's the big winner.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

salttee

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:02 am

After the fall of Vietnam and the cascade of Asian countries going communist, Australia has finally given in to the Asian political wave and declared itself in solidarity with the world communist movement.

Reports are that recent capital flows out of New Zealand are huge with even children mailing their piggy banks to relatives in England.

Airstud

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:42 am

There are at least two post offices in every town and schools still teach penmanship.

(Also, men can wear shorts that aren't 18 miles long)
Pancakes are delicious.

SheikhDjibouti

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:09 am

Meanwhile, over in Europa, heroic freedom fighters in every larger country force devolution into ever smaller self-governing principalities. For instance; Yugoslavia and the UK both split into fifteen different Dukedoms, meanwhile Spain splits into just seven (Catalonia, Galicia, Basque, Occitania, Balearica, Islas Canarias, and Castilla-La Mancha).

However, immediately following independence they all realize their mistake, and all frantically give up their hard-won independence in favor of an all encompassing single political unit known as the European Onion.
Unfortunately due the insistence of every process being discussed in 84 different languages, nothing ever gets done.
There is however an awful lot of crying.

Following unprecedented volcanic activity, Iceland is relocated 1500 miles further south, and Reykjavik Airport becomes the ME3's new mega hub.

Finally, in a surprise move, Switzerland breaks with tradition, and declares war on every neighboring nation, launching volleys of cuckoo-clocks and smooth milk chocolate.
Nothing to see here; move along please.

T18

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:21 am

At CES Sega announced the new top of the line Console the Sega Sonic pre-order editions come in Blue to match the hedgehog of the same name. Former Console maker Nintendo announces they will develop for the Sonic as they did the last gen of Sega system.

At the Detroit Auto show, GM, Ford and Chrysler all debuted new Wagons and Hatchbacks with standard 6 speed manual transmission and Toyota debuted the 2019 Supra that isn't just a reskinned BMW

Oh and there is a big DCU movie coming this summer that people want to see.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

FatCat

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 am

in an alternate universe, the united federation of planets is in war with the klingon empire, allied with the romulans
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

Erebus

Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Dinosaurs are ruling politics. Oh wait...that's just our current universe.

In an alternative universe, perhaps one where the Library of Alexandria still exists, two aerospace giants are rolling out their next generation interstellar passenger transport.

CitizenJustin

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:42 pm

TWA purchased American and is now the largest airline in the world. STL is a mega-hub with more than 110 million pax and 1+ million aircraft movements per year. Southwest is a 5 star airline outpacing all carriers in luxury and passenger experience. Delta went under and ATL is nothing more than our version of STL or PIT. LGA is rated the best airport in the world. Ryanair bought out BA/AFR/KLM and is Europe’s premier airline serving all continents. The ME3 are third world airlines flying 727’s and first gen 737’s that routinely crash.

smallvoyageur

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:01 pm

GK is now in a fierce price war with DY, where GK’s LGW to LGA 787 service could be bought for one-way for as little as €199 against DY’s STN to SWF 737MAX for €149.
Happy flying!

Airstud

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
727’s and first gen 737’s that routinely crash.

Routinely?

I think if you are an airplane, crashing is kind of a one-time-only proposition...
Pancakes are delicious.

casinterest

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Airstud wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

Routinely?

I think if you are an airplane, crashing is kind of a one-time-only proposition...

Maybe Microsoft is building them?
Where ever you go, there you are.

CitizenJustin

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:34 pm

Airstud wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

Routinely?

Do I really need to explain this? I mean, c’mon.....

I didn’t say A 727 and A 737 that routinely crash. I said 727/737s) plural.

Airstud

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Airstud wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

Routinely?

Do I really need to explain this? I mean, c’mon.....

I didn’t say A 727 and A 737 that routinely crash. I said 727/737s) plural.

Do I really need to explain ribbing?
Pancakes are delicious.