seb146

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:33 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
1836Sam wrote:
Love to hear the Republicans going on and on and on about the travesty of “political correctness,” which basically means it’s good as a society to think twice about what you say because it might be offensive.

The toxic Trumpist response is “I can say whatever I want, screw you, and I should be able to feel good about it.” It’s another form of political “correctness,” so don’t fool yourself.

Say whatever you want. It’s a free country! Just don’t be surprised of the consequences of antisocial behavior.

This is what I say to people who say political correctness has gone off the edge. Also I think conservatives forget that the right to waive your fist ends a my face.

Many are just mad that you cannot get away with insulting people and get away with it anymore and the right have many snowflakes of their own. Literally there are countless conservatives today can't deal with being made fun of by comedians. The right has just as many snowflakes as the left.

The biggest one being Donald J. Trump who literally wants to take away NBC's broadcasting license when SNL makes fun of him and gets all mad when a re-run airs. They called on Samantha Bee to be fired for a remark she made which was also politically incorrect but really no worse than anything Trump or Judge Jeanie has said. Tucker Carlson loses his mind when a Dutch historian is critical of him. The gf

Also liberals should back off on attacking Chelsea Clinton for a shooting in New Zealand and should also let comedians be comedians but to say the PC police is one sided is a total lie. Protest controversial figures all you want but let them speak because letting idiots talk like Alex Jones, Milo, Anne Coulter makes its solid that they are idiots and fringe people.

There is a huge difference between "I don't agree with what Chelsea/Alex/Milo/Counter etc. say" and "NBC needs to be shut down!" Some of the rhetoric is very dangerous. That almost always comes from the right. Pirro, Jones, Carlson are the biggest and loudest and most dangerous. That the occupant of the White House simply parrots them and the MAGA fan boys follow his lead.

Bernie Sanders finally said what is on everyone's mind: Fox is the propaganda arm of the Republican party. He did NOT say to shut it down.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/08/sand ... ropaganda/
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bernie-s ... 0f6d418be3
https://www.salon.com/2019/04/08/bernie ... s-viewers/

Obama never demanded Fox be shut down, either. GWB never demanded NBC be shut down. Just this one snowflake is demanding free speech be silenced.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

alfa164

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:10 pm

winginit wrote:
Whether Donald Trump is racist or not isn't even up for debate. As is well documented, Donald Trump was sued by the Department of Justice in 1973 for discriminating against African American prospective renters.
Donald Trump is, or at the very least was, a racist. It is an objective fact with legal backing. Personal opinions on the matter are irrelevant.

If Trump isn't a racist, he has sure done a good job of convincing the racists he is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Are we even going to have an election? With all these "acting" secritaries in various unfilled cabinet positions and others either leaving or being purged, it seems that power is being consolidated at the top.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/politics ... index.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... f86b31dd6b
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... -positions

einsteinboricua

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Every day that passes, I'm convinced he'll likely squeak by yet again. Bill Maher had a really good New Rules segment faulting Democrats for finding flaws in every single candidate. But even if that doesn't affect the outcome, there are still the Bernie or Bust folks who will pout and whine about how the DNC is, "once again", stealing a primary (you know, despite the fact that primaries are now being opened to more folks, and that Bernie has agreed to the modified rules that his wing forced on the DNC).

I'm just glad WA switched to a primary. I was not about to caucus no matter who the candidate is; I have better things to do.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

trpmb6

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:07 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Every day that passes, I'm convinced he'll likely squeak by yet again. Bill Maher had a really good New Rules segment faulting Democrats for finding flaws in every single candidate. But even if that doesn't affect the outcome, there are still the Bernie or Bust folks who will pout and whine about how the DNC is, "once again", stealing a primary (you know, despite the fact that primaries are now being opened to more folks, and that Bernie has agreed to the modified rules that his wing forced on the DNC).

I'm just glad WA switched to a primary. I was not about to caucus no matter who the candidate is; I have better things to do.

Democrat party is pretty fractured right now. Personally I think the country as a whole is like right of center. At least when you compare some of the policy proposals and candidates currently being discussed. Bill Clinton wouldn't stand a chance in this primary (strictly speaking to the policy positions). Hell he'd probably have better luck running as a moderate republican. There's a whole lot of country between California and New York.

1836Sam

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:16 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Democrat party is pretty fractured right now. Personally I think the country as a whole is like right of center. At least when you compare some of the policy proposals and candidates currently being discussed. Bill Clinton wouldn't stand a chance in this primary (strictly speaking to the policy positions). Hell he'd probably have better luck running as a moderate republican. There's a whole lot of country between California and New York.

Um, what? Joe Biden is still clearly leading in the polls. Certainly not my choice, but spare us with the "concern trolling."

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Heads will explode on Jan 20th, 2021

With any luck, the only heads exploding will be those of the GOP leadership and maga fanbois crying into their beers.

Or, the exploding heads will be most of the posters here—reflexive Democrats whose only campaign platform is hate on Americans who disagree with them.

GF

1836Sam

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:15 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aloha717200 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Heads will explode on Jan 20th, 2021

With any luck, the only heads exploding will be those of the GOP leadership and maga fanbois crying into their beers.

Or, the exploding heads will be most of the posters here—reflexive Democrats whose only campaign platform is hate on Americans who disagree with them.

GF

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

KFLLCFII

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:51 pm

1836Sam wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aloha717200 wrote:

GF

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Montage Of Liberals Laughing At Trump's Chances Of Victory in 2016.

Today's Rasmussen Reports has Trump's approval rating at 53%. Obama's at the same time in office was 46%, per the graph contained in the link.
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

SteelChair

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:04 pm

Why won't the democrats focus upon the primary issue instead of the politics of personal destruction? Illegal immigration is by definition illegal. Democrats are more focused upon protecting law breaking non citizens than those they are sworn to represent and defend. Theirs is a losing proposition. Reagan 2 is about to happen in 2020. Landslide for DJT and the House goes R.

alfa164

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:09 pm

KFLLCFII wrote:
Today's Rasmussen Reports has Trump's approval rating at 53%. Obama's at the same time in office was 46%, per the graph contained in the link.

Rasmussen polls are known as an outlier; always have been and, apparently, always will be. When amalgamated with more reliable polls, the results are very different:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

winginit

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:43 pm

SteelChair wrote:
Reagan 2 is about to happen in 2020. Landslide for DJT and the House goes R.

You don't think the dementia will have claimed him by November of 2020? Seems it's getting worse what with him slurring his words and falsely claiming his father was born in Germany.

KFLLCFII

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:40 am

alfa164 wrote:
KFLLCFII wrote:

Rasmussen polls are known as an outlier; always have been and, apparently, always will be. When amalgamated with more reliable polls, the results are very different:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/

...One of the few "outliers" which even remotely came close to accurately giving Trump a "fighting chance" during the 2016 election polls:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... nal-polls/

On the other hand, your "more reliable polls" turned out to be garbage.

No reason to expect that either has since made a 180.

But go ahead and keep clutching your polls. :wink2:
"About the only way to look at it, just a pity you are not POTUS KFLLCFII, seems as if we would all be better off."

seb146

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 am

SteelChair wrote:
Why won't the democrats focus upon the primary issue instead of the politics of personal destruction? Illegal immigration is by definition illegal. Democrats are more focused upon protecting law breaking non citizens than those they are sworn to represent and defend. Theirs is a losing proposition. Reagan 2 is about to happen in 2020. Landslide for DJT and the House goes R.

Which Democrats are FOR illegal immigration?

DIRECTFLT

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:53 am

seb146 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:
1836Sam wrote:
Love to hear the Republicans going on and on and on about the travesty of “political correctness,” which basically means it’s good as a society to think twice about what you say because it might be offensive.

The toxic Trumpist response is “I can say whatever I want, screw you, and I should be able to feel good about it.” It’s another form of political “correctness,” so don’t fool yourself.

Say whatever you want. It’s a free country! Just don’t be surprised of the consequences of antisocial behavior.

This is what I say to people who say political correctness has gone off the edge. Also I think conservatives forget that the right to waive your fist ends a my face.

Many are just mad that you cannot get away with insulting people and get away with it anymore and the right have many snowflakes of their own. Literally there are countless conservatives today can't deal with being made fun of by comedians. The right has just as many snowflakes as the left.

The biggest one being Donald J. Trump who literally wants to take away NBC's broadcasting license when SNL makes fun of him and gets all mad when a re-run airs. They called on Samantha Bee to be fired for a remark she made which was also politically incorrect but really no worse than anything Trump or Judge Jeanie has said. Tucker Carlson loses his mind when a Dutch historian is critical of him. The gf

Also liberals should back off on attacking Chelsea Clinton for a shooting in New Zealand and should also let comedians be comedians but to say the PC police is one sided is a total lie. Protest controversial figures all you want but let them speak because letting idiots talk like Alex Jones, Milo, Anne Coulter makes its solid that they are idiots and fringe people.

There is a huge difference between "I don't agree with what Chelsea/Alex/Milo/Counter etc. say" and "NBC needs to be shut down!" Some of the rhetoric is very dangerous. That almost always comes from the right. Pirro, Jones, Carlson are the biggest and loudest and most dangerous. That the occupant of the White House simply parrots them and the MAGA fan boys follow his lead.

Bernie Sanders finally said what is on everyone's mind: Fox is the propaganda arm of the Republican party. He did NOT say to shut it down.

Obama never demanded Fox be shut down, either. GWB never demanded NBC be shut down. Just this one snowflake is demanding free speech be silenced.

When you're Obama, and you and your party have numerous network news departments that act as an arm of your party... There's no need to call for the one Network, Fox, to be shut down. If only the shoe was on the other foot.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

trpmb6

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:52 pm

1836Sam wrote:
Um, what? Joe Biden is still clearly leading in the polls. Certainly not my choice, but spare us with the "concern trolling."

He hasn't even announced if he is going to run. I think he's watching what's happening with Mayor Pete and either saying to himself "That could be me" or "He's going to suck a lot of my support away, I like him and he has a better shot than me" and bow out.

I don't think Biden will ultimately run to be honest. The possibility is there, but I just don't see it.

I'm far more afraid of Mayor Pete. Mostly because I find him likable, even as a conservative, he looks and behaves presidential and has charisma. That's powerful in the popularity contests that are elections. He could very well take hold in the rust belt because he is from Indiana whereas most of the other candidates come from the coasts. His one problem is that he has come out and said the Green New Deal is a "sound framework". That won't resonate well with a lot of people in the rust belt. But he only has to ink out a few thousand voters really.

casinterest

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Interesting Breakdown of Trump's approval rating. Trump is in trouble with Women, Youth and Minorites.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/04/this-n ... s-of-hope/

Some interesting charts from it.
Overall

Women

Youthful voters
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
seb146 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

When you're Obama, and you and your party have numerous network news departments that act as an arm of your party... There's no need to call for the one Network, Fox, to be shut down. If only the shoe was on the other foot.

I see.

The current occupant of the White House complains and carries on and even threatens law suits and threatens to revoke the licence of NBC over comedy skits but Obama never did any of that but Obama is worse.

Got it.

StarAC17

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:18 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

The Bernie or Bust folks worry me but the Establishment or bust camp equally worries me. However this is the time to fight it out (because it means nothing) and see what results next year when the primaries actually begin. I think the democrats will unite this time because I think many thought Trump wasn't going to win in 2016.

trpmb6 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Polls even in Red or Purple states disagree that the US is in fact centre right at least on the issues. They might identify differently but the US is more liberal than it lets on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/opin ... olicy.html
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/08/ ... -gops.html
https://prospect.org/article/most-ameri ... 9t-know-it

Here is why the democrats are divided.

- Democrats like Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Clinton etc. lost 1000 seats in the years that Obama was president, they are seen as weak and unwilling to fight and bought off by corporate interests. Many
democrats see these people as the problem that they aren't in power and it would be insanity to double down on this.
- They have a know better attitude and contempt for middle America well as least Clinton did. She said after losing I won the areas of the country that matter and are growing (a lot of truth to it, but people get
pissed of at a statement like this).
- Trump in 2016 campaigned on bringing the jobs back to the rust-belt states and continues to fight a lot of the trade agreements that the US is signed. Personally I think this is not going to benefit middle
America but he appears to be fighting for them. The Green New Deal or something like it can actually can swing a lot of these voters because Hillary said your jobs aren't coming back (again true) but she
was a terrible messenger on what her plan was.

If the democrats run on the issues they have a good chance of winning if they run on Trump sucks then they lose.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

einsteinboricua

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:38 pm

StarAC17 wrote:
The Bernie or Bust folks worry me but the Establishment or bust camp equally worries me. However this is the time to fight it out (because it means nothing) and see what results next year when the primaries actually begin. I think the democrats will unite this time because I think many thought Trump wasn't going to win in 2016.

Oddly enough I haven't seen people claiming "Establishment or bust". If Bernie becomes the nominee, I will (reluctantly) support him if it means we can deny Trump a second term. Besides, the progressive wing will soon find out how hard it is to actually govern when a Senate wall blocks everything (unless progressives get 60 seats to override a GOP filibuster, they won't get far) and when Blue Dog Democrats in the House balk.

StarAC17 wrote:
Here is why the democrats are divided.

- Democrats like Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Clinton etc. lost 1000 seats in the years that Obama was president, they are seen as weak and unwilling to fight and bought off by corporate interests. Many democrats see these people as the problem that they aren't in power and it would be insanity to double down on this.

This is an unfair observation. A lot of these seats were realignment. Many Democrat seats were lost in Republican states and were likely to be lost regardless. AR, WV, and KY finished realigning during the Obama years (and this had started long before he even entered the national stage).

StarAC17 wrote:
- They have a know better attitude and contempt for middle America well as least Clinton did. She said after losing I won the areas of the country that matter and are growing (a lot of truth to it, but people get pissed of at a statement like this).

Is it that Democrats have contempt for Middle America, or is it that Middle America already has contempt for Democrats and they don't even bother? Go to Middle American and try to convince folks there about why your policies are better; they'll dismiss you right away as soon as you mention that you're a Democrat (or that you're not a Republican).

StarAC17 wrote:
- Trump in 2016 campaigned on bringing the jobs back to the rust-belt states and continues to fight a lot of the trade agreements that the US is signed. Personally I think this is not going to benefit middle America but he appears to be fighting for them. The Green New Deal or something like it can actually can swing a lot of these voters because Hillary said your jobs aren't coming back (again true) but she was a terrible messenger on what her plan was.

And yet the Rust Belt continues to bleed jobs (due to automation) and with the trade wars, the Corn Belt is feeling the pinch. Some are all in on Trump, but some are already hedging their bets.

The other thing is that at some point people have to be told the truth. A lot of coalminers and factory workers were told that their jobs will be lost and they won't be brought back; people instead fell for the guy who promised to move heaven and earth for this, and still their jobs are being lost or not being recovered. Who's to blame here: the realist, the liar, or the gullible?

StarAC17 wrote:
If the democrats run on the issues they have a good chance of winning if they run on Trump sucks then they lose.

On that we both agree.

winginit

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:16 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
seb146 wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

It's a real hoot when people try and make the argument that the Fox News propaganda machine is somehow equivalent to CNN/MSNBC/etc. with Democrats. Remind us DIRECTFLT, if you could please, when anyone from any of those networksspoke at an Obama rally, left their networks to run Obama's administration communications or campaign, or suppressed negative stories about Obama in the lead up to the election? I didn't think so. Hush.

cledaybuck

Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:21 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
StarAC17 wrote:

On that we both agree.

Disagree. These elections are almost always a referendum on the president's first term.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.

trpmb6

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:39 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

StarAC17 wrote:
- They have a know better attitude and contempt for middle America well as least Clinton did. She said after losing I won the areas of the country that matter and are growing (a lot of truth to it, but people get pissed of at a statement like this).

Is it that Democrats have contempt for Middle America, or is it that Middle America already has contempt for Democrats and they don't even bother? Go to Middle American and try to convince folks there about why your policies are better; they'll dismiss you right away as soon as you mention that you're a Democrat (or that you're not a Republican).

This somewhat ignores reality. For instance, here in Kansas we elected a Democrat for governor (in fact historically Kansas flips back and forth - we produced Sebellius - for better or worse). Kelly won because she is very much in the center. It helped that she had Orman running as an independent who soaked up a nice percentage of votes from the middle. But still, we have a Democrat governor.

We're also top 5 in wind energy, just behind California which should say a lot if you ask me.

einsteinboricua

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:45 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
This somewhat ignores reality. For instance, here in Kansas we elected a Democrat for governor (in fact historically Kansas flips back and forth - we produced Sebellius - for better or worse). Kelly won because she is very much in the center. It helped that she had Orman running as an independent who soaked up a nice percentage of votes from the middle. But still, we have a Democrat governor.
If Jeff Colyer had been the GOP nominee, would Kelly be governor today? I think she was more a beneficiary of a flawed GOP nominee and anti-Brownback sentiment (and anyone strongly affiliated with him) than people actually embracing her message.

trpmb6

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:46 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
If Jeff Colyer had been the GOP nominee, would Kelly be governor today? I think she was more a beneficiary of a flawed GOP nominee and anti-Brownback sentiment (and anyone strongly affiliated with him) than people actually embracing her message.

Colyer would have lost. Honestly any GOP nominee would have lost. For the reasons you list and others.

Also, I forgot to add to my last post:

If California invested in wind energy at the same rate as Kansas, it’d have some 10 times more electrical capacity. To be fair, wind energy in Kansas just makes sense. Today the winds are coming out of the south at a sustained 20 mph. Oh, and we're about to increase our capability even more with a proposed wind farm in Reno county which may put us ahead of California for the #4 spot. Making the top 4 producers of wind energy Red (some of the reddest) states.

Bingo1

Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:26 pm

I don't live in the USA but have friends there, have traveled in most USA states, and do take in interest in their politics.

The liberals will need to change tactics if they want success in 2020.
1. They'll need to nominate as centrist a leader as possible.
2. They'll also need to quit calling or implying anyone who disagrees with them as racists, misogynists etc.
Planecrzy

seb146

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Bingo1 wrote:
I don't live in the USA but have friends there, have traveled in most USA states, and do take in interest in their politics.

2. They'll also need to quit calling or implying anyone who disagrees with them as racists, misogynists etc.

Republicans did the exact opposite of both of those things and insist it is what all Americans want. We need this country to get back to the left where it was when we were prosperous. Not center, not center-right but left. If that means being insane, going lower when they go low, name calling, etc. then I say do it. It worked well for them. And, when we do win, we can claim it is what ALL Americans want. That is all these righties understand. The whole "I know you are but what am I" and "both sides do it" and "but... but... but..."

aerorobnz

Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:37 am

I would say at this stage he may get back by at least the same margin as last time. I have seen nothing from the Democrats that lost the last election against the worst candidate in history to indicate that there have been any lessons learned or that they have any understanding of the common voter at all. (not that I am suggesting D.T does either - but he does at least pretend to care while campaigning). All the Dems are doing right now is pandering to the extreme Marxist left, and their divisive identitarian politics and alienating the 80% of the USA that doesn't fit at the ridiculous ends of the political spectrum. They will win no favours with their elitist browbeating or perpetuating their conspiracy theories about Russia.
Whoever is the first Dem candidate to separate from this brand of politics, call it out and say they will not stand for this nonsense any longer is the one that will beat Trump. If they don't reign it in soon, they are making their chances of election slimmer and slimmer not just for 2020, but also beyond.
People to the right of Antifa don't like to be called far right/alt-right when if you measure their actual position on the political spectrum they are left of centre and should, in theory, be easy democrat votes if you engage them without bullying, harassing or labelling them incorrectly. Funny really, given that when the boot is on the other foot it becomes an automatic hate crime.

Take it from a person in a country much further left of centre than even the Democrats. it isn't the paradise you think it is. The government takes your increased tax contributions and spends wantonly and frivolously on things that have little to no benefit for anyone who actually contributes to the tax (including healthcare and other essential infrastructure). It becomes a one-directional tax drain with huge and inefficient bureaucracy which only gets worse and worse over time as those who take develop a greater and greater sense of entitlement for doing nothing and contributing nothing to society. This is why we are currently seeing such traditionally socialist countries as Denmark swinging back to the centre and further right,
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

seb146

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Isn't it interesting to anyone that every Democrat running has released their tax returns? Republicans keep demanding an open and transparent government when Democrats are in charge. When Democrats deliver, Republicans still whine and cry that Democrats are hiding things.

I would much rather have affordable health care for all, affordable education for all, following the law on immigration rather than "we'll just pawn them off on political opponents and ignore the law" and have transparent officials.

jetwet1

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:54 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
1836Sam wrote:

He hasn't even announced if he is going to run. I think he's watching what's happening with Mayor Pete and either saying to himself "That could be me" or "He's going to suck a lot of my support away, I like him and he has a better shot than me" and bow out.

I don't think Biden will ultimately run to be honest. The possibility is there, but I just don't see it.

I'm far more afraid of Mayor Pete. Mostly because I find him likable, even as a conservative, he looks and behaves presidential and has charisma. That's powerful in the popularity contests that are elections. He could very well take hold in the rust belt because he is from Indiana whereas most of the other candidates come from the coasts. His one problem is that he has come out and said the Green New Deal is a "sound framework". That won't resonate well with a lot of people in the rust belt. But he only has to ink out a few thousand voters really.

Here is the thing, except those in Indiana who know the man (and wow they love the guy) there will be the redneck faction that have an issue with him being gay.

What I would like to see is a Biden/ Mayor Pete ticket.

Give the rest of the country a chance to get to know him. Plus you have Biden there to protect him.

Ultimately though, and I hate to say this, I would like to see Trump win....Only because, every economic model I have looked at shows the US economy stalling by the summer next year and going into a recession by early 2021, let Trump and the Republicans own the mess they create.

DIRECTFLT

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:48 pm

I feel even better about Trump today after Tiger Woods won the Masters. :checkeredflag:

I call it the "Trump Blessing." :angel:

(Different from the "Trump Curse," when people who go against him get into trouble.) :yes:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

WarRI1

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:00 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23711606/

I know this will enhance his standing for the next election, another flip flop for the biggest lying flip flopper in the history of the Presidency.. Of course maybe Ms. Sarah winged it without approval. :rotfl: :rotfl:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

winginit

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I feel even better about Trump today after Tiger Woods won the Masters. :checkeredflag:

(Different from the "Trump Curse," when people who go against him get into trouble.) :yes:

Kindred spirits I suppose eh? A President who cheated on his wife with an adult actress 'blessing' an athlete who cheated on his wife with an adult actress.

WarRI1

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:24 am

winginit wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Kindred spirits I suppose eh? A President who cheated on his wife with an adult actress 'blessing' an athlete who cheated on his wife with an adult actress.

I have always felt that you can judge a persons beliefs and character by his words and what he supports. I will say no more, but think about it. trumps words and actions say it all for me also. :liar: :liar:

ltbewr

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 am

First of all, we are assuming that Trump will run in 2020 or will even be in office considering his personal position, further disclosures of his finances and possible deals with Russia and Russians.

What I am most concerned with the 2020 Presidential election is a situation like 2000 - where a narrow difference in the number of votes (less than a few 1000) between either Trump and the Democrat in one critical state like Florida, or more likely Michigan, Wisconsin or Pennsylvania, makes the difference in the Electoral College numbers to win. If so, then I suspect a huge battle far more nasty than in 2000 by the 'loser'. Likely neither will concede and both will fight for recounts and in the courts even if costs $10's of millions of dollars. Some fear if Trump loses narrowly, his core supporters will not accept it and get violent. But Democrats will likely be far more involved in fighting against Trump than in 2000 as the stakes of a 2nd Trump term will be so unacceptable. It is also likely to make for a horrible time in the news media, likely brutal advertising, charges to the other of voter fraud, and so on.

NoTime

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Bingo1 wrote:

Spot on, completely accurate... and from a "foreigner" no less.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:08 pm

The way the Democrats are positioning themselves; they should be much more worried about a 535-3 Electoral College outcome than a remake of 2000.

GF

WarRI1

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23712211/

Thank goodness someone has the courage to challenge this manic man we have in office.

seb146

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:51 am

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... CW89fr3ew0

The occupant of the White House vetoed a bipartisan resolution to end American involvement in Yemen. Why was it vetoed? Quoting directy from the orange one himself:

“This resolution is an unnecessary, dangerous attempt to weaken my constitutional authorities, endangering the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future"

Like he is the only one allowed to say where and when troops go. This is why he MUST be voted out as soon as possible. Not only that, he does not even know nor care what the Constitution is!

stratclub

Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 am

winginit wrote:
SteelChair wrote:

You don't think the dementia will have claimed him by November of 2020? Seems it's getting worse what with him slurring his words and falsely claiming his father was born in Germany.

Ah, no. Butt it is claiming many of the older Partisan Democrats right now. If the Demo's want to have any chance, they need to get rid of the dead weight that have been hating, lying, doing nothing for their constituents and feeding at the public trough for years. Also, as a whole they need to quit hating and get the Lunatic Left out of the party.

Dutchy

Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

stratclub wrote:
winginit wrote:
SteelChair wrote:

Ah, no. Butt it is claiming many of the older Partisan Democrats right now. If the Demo's want to have any chance, they need to get rid of the dead weight that have been hating, lying, doing nothing for their constituents and feeding at the public trough for years. Also, as a whole they need to quit hating and get the Lunatic Left out of the party.

The democrats need to give hope to the hopeless, give a future to people in an endless situation, give a roadmap for America in the 21th century. That is the positive massages. In reality a negative campaign and putting fear in the people works best to get elected, as we have seen with Trump, Brexit and other "people" movements, or better the manipulation of the electorate by over simplified solution which have proven not to work.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

P1aneMad

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:56 am

The Democrats have a great vision for the 21st century!

apodino

Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:20 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/15/william-weld-to-challenge-unstable-trump-for-the-2020-republican-nomination/23712211/

Thank goodness someone has the courage to challenge this manic man we have in office.

I would vote for this man. I lived in MA when he was Governor and he was an excellent governor. Despite the Democrats having a veto proof majority in the Legislature when he was governor, he still managed to get things accomplished for the state. Sadly he ended up out of the public spotlight after Clinton tried to make him ambassador to Mexico, and his nomination was held up by a man from his own party, Jesse Helms, who wouldn't even grant him a hearing in the foreign relations committee.

apodino

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:00 pm

We have a lot of democrats in the race, and its hard to keep track of how its going to go. I think its hard to predict anything based on polls though. One is you don't know how the vote is going to turnout. Secondly, you don't know how many Trump supporters will cross over and vote in the democratic primaries. Stuff like that. Here is where we are at though.

Top Tier

Bernie Sanders - Still seems to be the favorite. He is raising the most money, has the support of the liberal base and universal name recognition.
Joe Biden - Despite the allegations, a lot of people view him as the most able to beat Trump. Has not declared, but will be a favorite if and when he does.
Pete Buttigeig - Has come out of nowhere and has such a positive message that people flock to him. Time will tell if this is just a flash (Bachmann, Cain), or if this is for real.
Elizabeth Warren - Put her here because of name recognition, but fundraising seems to be hurting a bit, and she has already had turnover on her campaign staff.
Kamala Harris - Probably would be the favorite among the black vote, but is now taking heat for actions as a prosecutor and ties to corporate donors others have shunned.

Second Tier

Beto O'Rouke - I downed him because it seems like Buttigeig is doing a better job courting his type of voters, plus his campaign seems to have fizzled a bit.
Cory Booker - Has name recognition and the ability to reach minorities, but Wall Street ties are going to kill him with the base.
Kirsten Gillibrand - Has similar issues to Booker, plus her stances on issues changing are going to hurt her
Julian Castro - Name Recognition is a problem for him, but has charisma and is popular among many democratic voters.
Jay Inslee - He is a governor but running on a Climate Change platform is not going to win anything
John Hickenlooper - He was a popular governor of a purple state. But that being said, name recognition is an issue

Third Tier

Tulsi Gabbard - I believe Tulsi would be one of the strongest general election candidates, but a lot of past issues will doom her in a caucus or primary
Amy Klobuchar - Huffington Post has ripped her for the way she treats her staff. Given the nature of Democratic primary voters, this will doom her.
Tim Ryan - Has zero name recognition and only claim to fame is challenging Pelosi.

All the rest are pretenders and have no chance.

casinterest

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:46 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-g ... ort-2019-4

Going to be a fun election season with the GOP going divisive over Trump's ability to lead.
Former Massachusetts Gov Bill Weld, who is challenging President Donald Trump in the 2020 Republican primary, sounded off after the public release of the final report from the special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election

""This man is a one-man crime wave," Weld said in a statement. "He instructed senior legal officials, senior national security, senior intelligence officials to lie, he actively sought out and suborned perjury. That is obstruction of justice and the President is fortunate that in substance Bob Mueller gave him a mulligan""

MikeDrop

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gop-primary-challenger-william-weld-one-man-crime-wave-mueller-report-2019-4

Going to be a fun election season with the GOP going divisive over Trump's ability to lead.
Former Massachusetts Gov Bill Weld, who is challenging President Donald Trump in the 2020 Republican primary, sounded off after the public release of the final report from the special counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election

""This man is a one-man crime wave," Weld said in a statement. "He instructed senior legal officials, senior national security, senior intelligence officials to lie, he actively sought out and suborned perjury. That is obstruction of justice and the President is fortunate that in substance Bob Mueller gave him a mulligan""

Yeah, Weld is a nobody from an ultra-liberal state. The only chance he has is to pull a Romney and move to a red state where he is popular and run for senate. Too bad for him that place doesn't exist.

Mike Drop

casinterest

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:14 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-gop-primary-challenger-william-weld-one-man-crime-wave-mueller-report-2019-4

Yeah, Weld is a nobody from an ultra-liberal state. The only chance he has is to pull a Romney and move to a red state where he is popular and run for senate. Too bad for him that place doesn't exist.

Mike Drop

Too bad for the GOP that even their moderate members see Trump for the lying coward he is.

Aloha717200

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 pm

P1aneMad wrote:
The Democrats have a great vision for the 21st century!

Yeah, actually, we do. It's called acknowledging science, pursuing opportunities for fairness, equality, and progress in our society, rejuvenating our infrastructure, recognizing medicine as a fundamental human need and a fundamental human right, and yanking that from the hands of the capitalists who would sooner profit off of your illness and death.

The Democrats want a future that is better for all of us.

Trump supporters just want to keep rolling things backwards so that they don't have to face the hard truth that what they support runs contrary to the progress of mankind except in one way: The profits of shareholders.

Everything else on that side marginalizes someone. And im tired of seeing people support this garbage. "Religious freedom" being used to oppress equal rights and equal treatment. Christianity being perverted into a message of god-endorsed hate. Corruption viewed as necessary to combat the "liberal media". Conspiracy theories being accepted as truth. Outright lies being shrugged off when you know damn well the GOP wouldn't be shrugging off a democratic president lying so often or so boldly. Caring about "Humanitarian crisis" only when it suits their underlying political agenda, but caring nothing if that humanitarian crisis affects people they don't "care" about...even people in our own country. (California? Puerto Rico? Who cares about them anyway, they're all full of Democrats!)

And you know what the worst part about all this is? They actually think they're the ones being rational. They actually think...that they're right. In the face of so much truth to the contrary. And they make policies based upon these non-truths that affect all of us. What a dangerous thing that is.

The GOP is a party of fear. Afraid of the other. Afraid of progress. Afraid of change. And that fear endangers the country, and the world along with it.

WarRI1

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:52 am

apodino wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/15/william-weld-to-challenge-unstable-trump-for-the-2020-republican-nomination/23712211/

I would vote for this man. I lived in MA when he was Governor and he was an excellent governor. Despite the Democrats having a veto proof majority in the Legislature when he was governor, he still managed to get things accomplished for the state. Sadly he ended up out of the public spotlight after Clinton tried to make him ambassador to Mexico, and his nomination was held up by a man from his own party, Jesse Helms, who wouldn't even grant him a hearing in the foreign relations committee.

I would also vote for this man, I remember him, I worked in Mass many times over the years. They stopped him because he was a man of honor. Can't reward that.

WarRI1

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:56 am

MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Mike Drop

A pretty well run Ultra liberal state who has another well liked Republican Governor who knows how to work with both sides of the aisle it seems. Can't have that. :banghead: