Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:12 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23714663/

Wait! It should be worse after the conclusions of the report are digested about this Idiot and his minions, who are just as bad for defending this guy.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:01 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/19/trump-approval-drops-3-points-to-2019-low-after-release-of-mueller-report/23714663/

Wait! It should be worse after the conclusions of the report are digested about this Idiot and his minions, who are just as bad for defending this guy.


They'll defend him anyway as that's what the cult of personality demands. None of these folks have the stones to admit they are wrong about someone.

It is reported today in his written responses to Mueller's team, 45 used the phrase 'I have no recollection' 37 times. This, from the guy who claims to have 'one of the great memories of all time.' I guess nobody has read Tom Clancy or seen 'Clear And Present Danger' - the classic phrase used by government malcontents and wrongdoers when caught is 'I have no recollection of that'.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 am

Aaron747 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/19/trump-approval-drops-3-points-to-2019-low-after-release-of-mueller-report/23714663/

Wait! It should be worse after the conclusions of the report are digested about this Idiot and his minions, who are just as bad for defending this guy.


They'll defend him anyway as that's what the cult of personality demands. None of these folks have the stones to admit they are wrong about someone.

It is reported today in his written responses to Mueller's team, 45 used the phrase 'I have no recollection' 37 times. This, from the guy who claims to have 'one of the great memories of all time.' I guess nobody has read Tom Clancy or seen 'Clear And Present Danger' - the classic phrase used by government malcontents and wrongdoers when caught is 'I have no recollection of that'.


The group that I go to coffee and lunch with some of who used to be staunch defenders of trump, now do not even want to talk about this idiot, yet I do believe they would vote for him again. I find it maddening and sad because I have trouble maintaining my respect for some who I once considered having some intelligence. I have to hide it and that is tough at times. A sad state off affairs in this country thanks to this big phony.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:28 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23714893/

Tit for tat by the Reverend Huckabee. I guess when your daughter works for the man and with the man criticized there is not much else you can do even if what was said was the truth. It does seem strange to even mention the truth when it comes to the Maniac and his minions.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:30 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23714895/

Boo hoo, the poor man. I hope the people are reading and listening and watching this man who is a danger to our countries stability, because he has no stability and I hope it is well noted in 2020.
 
User avatar
Aloha717200
Posts: 3880
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:50 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:21 am

Apparently it's now dropped 5 points. His approval is now tied for the lowest point of his presidency.


Remember how our "minds are going to be blown" when he wins re-election? Yeah. I'll be remembering that quote on election night when he goes down in flames. And thank God for that.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/ ... rt-1286386
 
stratosphere
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:42 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/04/19/trump-approval-drops-3-points-to-2019-low-after-release-of-mueller-report/23714663/

Wait! It should be worse after the conclusions of the report are digested about this Idiot and his minions, who are just as bad for defending this guy.


They'll defend him anyway as that's what the cult of personality demands. None of these folks have the stones to admit they are wrong about someone.

It is reported today in his written responses to Mueller's team, 45 used the phrase 'I have no recollection' 37 times. This, from the guy who claims to have 'one of the great memories of all time.' I guess nobody has read Tom Clancy or seen 'Clear And Present Danger' - the classic phrase used by government malcontents and wrongdoers when caught is 'I have no recollection of that'.


The group that I go to coffee and lunch with some of who used to be staunch defenders of trump, now do not even want to talk about this idiot, yet I do believe they would vote for him again. I find it maddening and sad because I have trouble maintaining my respect for some who I once considered having some intelligence. I have to hide it and that is tough at times. A sad state off affairs in this country thanks to this big phony.



Yep and I am one of those people as well..I was a staunch supporter of Trump at first even tho I never cared for him as a person I grew up in NJ so Trump has always been well known. Now not so much but he may get my vote yet again because there is no one yet of the lunatic left candidates currently announcing that I would ever consider voting for. The pandering they are doing to the far left fringes is nauseating. I really wish a third party candidate could have a fighting chance I have become more libertarian in my views as I have got older but all a third party entrant does is split the vote. That is why all the hate for Howard Schultz the liberals know thats exactly what will happen if he throws his hat in the ring. Although I don't view Schultz as a libertarian.
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2963
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I really wish a third party candidate could have a fighting chance


"Third" parties generally fall somewhere waste of time and an outright terrible idea.

They're a virtual guarantee that everybody ends up with something intolerable. We've seen this with parliamentary systems all over the place; it's not as though Teresa May is actually a decent or even half competent leader.

And to an extent, even here. A huge part of the reason Americans generally have an incredibly negative view of Trump, is that most people didn't vote for him. With a larger number of "Third" parties, you have a far greater chance of that happening, and a far greater likelihood of electing an extremist, as it's virtually impossible to govern with an actual majority mandate in that situation.

And all that is the best thing you can say about them. The reality is that most alternative parties represent extremist whack-job points of view. Everything from Libertarians and green parties (and all other forms of mathematically illiterate types you can think of) would suddenly have a voice.

And while a few fools might have really good feels about being listened to, the vast majority, if not totality, of Americans would be effectively ignored.


If you want to shop for extremes, to put up a candidate that's a "better" alternative, that's what primaries are for. You already have all manner of ridiculous choices there. We're far over a year from the next election and there are already a number center-left and right wingnut extremists to look at if you're really into that.

The Jill Steins and Ross Perots of the world are little other than thinly veiled Ego Campaignes. They might get a tiny bit of traction (in the states they're actually balloted in), but generally they're just a bunch of malcontents who showed up too late to the game.



Third parties a fantasy, and everytime I hear someone lament the supposed lack of choice we have, I have to sit back and wonder what else they have not observed...
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8717
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:57 pm

I still say it: I think Trump's chances for reelection are pretty good. Not only does he have the power of incumbency, the Democrats are going through a Tea Party-style revolution and evaluating candidates based on party purity. In that aspect, anyone who is a moderate is *GASP* a corporate, establishment Democrat.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:08 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I still say it: I think Trump's chances for reelection are pretty good. Not only does he have the power of incumbency, the Democrats are going through a Tea Party-style revolution and evaluating candidates based on party purity. In that aspect, anyone who is a moderate is *GASP* a corporate, establishment Democrat.


Pretty much my thoughts as well. There are some good candidates (Note I say this from my own perspective so obviously I have a different opinion than you and others), but they're going to get drowned out early in the primary process with how many are jumping in.

What will be interesting to watch is how the votes split out in early states. But we are so far out.. I mean look at how Beto is kind of falling off and Mayor Pete is leading headlines. It won't last. Someone else is going to pop up.. and then drop... It's going to be a fun election season.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14155
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:26 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I still say it: I think Trump's chances for reelection are pretty good. Not only does he have the power of incumbency, the Democrats are going through a Tea Party-style revolution and evaluating candidates based on party purity. In that aspect, anyone who is a moderate is *GASP* a corporate, establishment Democrat.


The democrats need to go through this, and it is early in the cycle. The democrats avoided this in 2016 to their detriment. The mantra was always Hillary or bust. This year, their is no clear consensus yet, and that is good.

By December , i think we will have a good idea of the front runners, Hopefully the GOP has some candidates go against Trump.

I think at the end of the day , the Democrats are going to pound hard on Trump, Mueller, and the personality issues of Trump straight up until they have selected their candidate. Then they are going to point to the issues where Trump is failing.

Coal is not bringing back jobs, and it is leaving a legacy of coal ash ponds, black lung, cancer, and unclean air.
The world is more unstable because Trump has destroyed allies, and is propping up Fascists, Dictators, and abandoning conventional democratic allies
Trump has not brought any solutions to healthcare, just more promises to deal with it after he gets elected
Trump has raised prices on the working class through tariffs while giving massive tax breaks to the millionaires
Trump is spending billions on border protection, and only causing more and more people to illegally immigrate or request asylum. .
Trump's Trade deals have failed to save the good paying jobs in the midwest, as companies continue to offshore.
The US deficit is going to be a threat to future growth as the economic growth is not on a pace to overtake the record rise in debt.
The US farmers are going to lose sales as Trade battles linger with China.

The democrats will pivot to real issues , but not before assuring American's that Trump is fundamentally unfit for office. 66% already believe it.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 24076
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
I still say it: I think Trump's chances for reelection are pretty good. Not only does he have the power of incumbency, the Democrats are going through a Tea Party-style revolution and evaluating candidates based on party purity. In that aspect, anyone who is a moderate is *GASP* a corporate, establishment Democrat.


The democrats need to go through this, and it is early in the cycle. The democrats avoided this in 2016 to their detriment. The mantra was always Hillary or bust. This year, their is no clear consensus yet, and that is good.

By December , i think we will have a good idea of the front runners, Hopefully the GOP has some candidates go against Trump.

I think at the end of the day , the Democrats are going to pound hard on Trump, Mueller, and the personality issues of Trump straight up until they have selected their candidate. Then they are going to point to the issues where Trump is failing.

Coal is not bringing back jobs, and it is leaving a legacy of coal ash ponds, black lung, cancer, and unclean air.
The world is more unstable because Trump has destroyed allies, and is propping up Fascists, Dictators, and abandoning conventional democratic allies
Trump has not brought any solutions to healthcare, just more promises to deal with it after he gets elected
Trump has raised prices on the working class through tariffs while giving massive tax breaks to the millionaires
Trump is spending billions on border protection, and only causing more and more people to illegally immigrate or request asylum. .
Trump's Trade deals have failed to save the good paying jobs in the midwest, as companies continue to offshore.
The US deficit is going to be a threat to future growth as the economic growth is not on a pace to overtake the record rise in debt.
The US farmers are going to lose sales as Trade battles linger with China.

The democrats will pivot to real issues , but not before assuring American's that Trump is fundamentally unfit for office. 66% already believe it.


This will be a huge problem for Democrats. They will be hammering away at substance. Dry issues that only hard-core political junkies care about. Everyone else wants flash and zingers. The lowest common denominator. That will be a problem. Democrats are trying to play the long game, Republicans are just trying to keep power while not doing much of anything. But they do it with pizzazz!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14155
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
I still say it: I think Trump's chances for reelection are pretty good. Not only does he have the power of incumbency, the Democrats are going through a Tea Party-style revolution and evaluating candidates based on party purity. In that aspect, anyone who is a moderate is *GASP* a corporate, establishment Democrat.


The democrats need to go through this, and it is early in the cycle. The democrats avoided this in 2016 to their detriment. The mantra was always Hillary or bust. This year, their is no clear consensus yet, and that is good.

By December , i think we will have a good idea of the front runners, Hopefully the GOP has some candidates go against Trump.

I think at the end of the day , the Democrats are going to pound hard on Trump, Mueller, and the personality issues of Trump straight up until they have selected their candidate. Then they are going to point to the issues where Trump is failing.

Coal is not bringing back jobs, and it is leaving a legacy of coal ash ponds, black lung, cancer, and unclean air.
The world is more unstable because Trump has destroyed allies, and is propping up Fascists, Dictators, and abandoning conventional democratic allies
Trump has not brought any solutions to healthcare, just more promises to deal with it after he gets elected
Trump has raised prices on the working class through tariffs while giving massive tax breaks to the millionaires
Trump is spending billions on border protection, and only causing more and more people to illegally immigrate or request asylum. .
Trump's Trade deals have failed to save the good paying jobs in the midwest, as companies continue to offshore.
The US deficit is going to be a threat to future growth as the economic growth is not on a pace to overtake the record rise in debt.
The US farmers are going to lose sales as Trade battles linger with China.

The democrats will pivot to real issues , but not before assuring American's that Trump is fundamentally unfit for office. 66% already believe it.


This will be a huge problem for Democrats. They will be hammering away at substance. Dry issues that only hard-core political junkies care about. Everyone else wants flash and zingers. The lowest common denominator. That will be a problem. Democrats are trying to play the long game, Republicans are just trying to keep power while not doing much of anything. But they do it with pizzazz!


The democrats will need to needle Trump in the debates.

President Trump---How many lawyers does it take to pay off a mistress?
President Trump--Since you are so worried about election fraud, what have you and your Russian buddies got planned for us this year
President Trump--What new records will you break for the amount of kickbacks to your hotels from foreign dignitaries.
President Trump--Can we trust what you are saying? You always seem to change your mind or lie.
President Trump--Do all your wives think you can faithfully execute ?
President Trump--Have you Golfed less than Obama?
President Trump--You seem so powerful wanting to get people off drugs. This whole healthcare rollback has really helped.

The Candidates need to beat him down and humiliate him on the stage, and watch as he sets himself off on live TV.

The Jim Jones club will follow him anywhere, but many will see him for what he is . A lying racist dishonorable man.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8717
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:52 pm

casinterest wrote:
The democrats will need to needle Trump in the debates.

President Trump---How many lawyers does it take to pay off a mistress?
President Trump--Since you are so worried about election fraud, what have you and your Russian buddies got planned for us this year
President Trump--What new records will you break for the amount of kickbacks to your hotels from foreign dignitaries.
President Trump--Can we trust what you are saying? You always seem to change your mind or lie.
President Trump--Do all your wives think you can faithfully execute ?
President Trump--Have you Golfed less than Obama?
President Trump--You seem so powerful wanting to get people off drugs. This whole healthcare rollback has really helped.

The Candidates need to beat him down and humiliate him on the stage, and watch as he sets himself off on live TV.

The Jim Jones club will follow him anywhere, but many will see him for what he is . A lying racist dishonorable man.

That needs to be saved for when the actual nominee steps up to debate him (assuming he decides to even show up to debate; he might pull a fast one and hold rallies elsewhere...of course, such a shortsighted move would backfire because now you've turned the debate into a townhall debate).

I think it's the DNC who should also air ads poking fun at him. Imagine a black and white ad with Trump saying "I don't have time to play golf" and then showing the many instances he was golfing. Imagine poking him with "repeal and replace ACA on day 1" and showing McCain's "No" vote. Imagine poking him with an ad from when he said he wouldn't cut SS and Medicare, and then seeing the headlines about his proposed budget. If the DNC or any other Democrat-aligned PAC doesn't do this, then Democrats deserve to lose in 2020. The message of the ads is simple: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me more times, get voted out.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 14155
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:14 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
casinterest wrote:
The democrats will need to needle Trump in the debates.

President Trump---How many lawyers does it take to pay off a mistress?
President Trump--Since you are so worried about election fraud, what have you and your Russian buddies got planned for us this year
President Trump--What new records will you break for the amount of kickbacks to your hotels from foreign dignitaries.
President Trump--Can we trust what you are saying? You always seem to change your mind or lie.
President Trump--Do all your wives think you can faithfully execute ?
President Trump--Have you Golfed less than Obama?
President Trump--You seem so powerful wanting to get people off drugs. This whole healthcare rollback has really helped.

The Candidates need to beat him down and humiliate him on the stage, and watch as he sets himself off on live TV.

The Jim Jones club will follow him anywhere, but many will see him for what he is . A lying racist dishonorable man.

That needs to be saved for when the actual nominee steps up to debate him (assuming he decides to even show up to debate; he might pull a fast one and hold rallies elsewhere...of course, such a shortsighted move would backfire because now you've turned the debate into a townhall debate).

I think it's the DNC who should also air ads poking fun at him. Imagine a black and white ad with Trump saying "I don't have time to play golf" and then showing the many instances he was golfing. Imagine poking him with "repeal and replace ACA on day 1" and showing McCain's "No" vote. Imagine poking him with an ad from when he said he wouldn't cut SS and Medicare, and then seeing the headlines about his proposed budget. If the DNC or any other Democrat-aligned PAC doesn't do this, then Democrats deserve to lose in 2020. The message of the ads is simple: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me more times, get voted out.


No doubt it will be saved for the final debates, but this and your point about the ads needs to be needled in on him.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:28 pm

casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
casinterest wrote:
The democrats will need to needle Trump in the debates.

President Trump---How many lawyers does it take to pay off a mistress?
President Trump--Since you are so worried about election fraud, what have you and your Russian buddies got planned for us this year
President Trump--What new records will you break for the amount of kickbacks to your hotels from foreign dignitaries.
President Trump--Can we trust what you are saying? You always seem to change your mind or lie.
President Trump--Do all your wives think you can faithfully execute ?
President Trump--Have you Golfed less than Obama?
President Trump--You seem so powerful wanting to get people off drugs. This whole healthcare rollback has really helped.

The Candidates need to beat him down and humiliate him on the stage, and watch as he sets himself off on live TV.

The Jim Jones club will follow him anywhere, but many will see him for what he is . A lying racist dishonorable man.

That needs to be saved for when the actual nominee steps up to debate him (assuming he decides to even show up to debate; he might pull a fast one and hold rallies elsewhere...of course, such a shortsighted move would backfire because now you've turned the debate into a townhall debate).

I think it's the DNC who should also air ads poking fun at him. Imagine a black and white ad with Trump saying "I don't have time to play golf" and then showing the many instances he was golfing. Imagine poking him with "repeal and replace ACA on day 1" and showing McCain's "No" vote. Imagine poking him with an ad from when he said he wouldn't cut SS and Medicare, and then seeing the headlines about his proposed budget. If the DNC or any other Democrat-aligned PAC doesn't do this, then Democrats deserve to lose in 2020. The message of the ads is simple: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me more times, get voted out.


No doubt it will be saved for the final debates, but this and your point about the ads needs to be needled in on him.


Ann Coulter is basically already doing that, but ‘panzees be pretending she suddenly doesn’t exist.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 8717
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Ann Coulter is basically already doing that, but ‘panzees be pretending she suddenly doesn’t exist.

Probably because she was FOR him before she turned against him. And because she's seen as a loon outside conservative circles, even though she may have a point, no one's gonna take her seriously.

Heck, even when Bill Maher brought her on, she didn't make any sense.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:28 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Ann Coulter is basically already doing that, but ‘panzees be pretending she suddenly doesn’t exist.

Probably because she was FOR him before she turned against him. And because she's seen as a loon outside conservative circles, even though she may have a point, no one's gonna take her seriously.

Heck, even when Bill Maher brought her on, she didn't make any sense.


She's seen as a loon INSIDE conservative circles.

The only thing she can really hang her hat on is that she was literally one of the first pundits (can she even be called a pundit?) to say Trump would win very early in the primary cycle. I think she said it on the View actually. If i recall the quote was "of the nominees who have currently declared? Donald Trump" and then the entire crowd (including the cohosts) burst into laughter. She got the last laugh then.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 14195
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:16 am

In my years, I have seen much political discord, hatred, and dislike for our government. I can recall a time when one could be around groups and nobody dared mention politics so as to not alienate friends or get into a fight, that was the Vietnam Era. A terrible time. This trump era is close to that. Who or what can we blame this on? A couple of weeks ago, we had a verbal fight going on by two woman at breakfast in a local restaurant which ended up when the Manager threatened to call the police..As was said on the news, like a cold civil war. Let us hope it stays cold.
 
UAUA
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 am

Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:39 pm

Seems that he will. Your views?

He does have lots of fans but also people who hate him
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 3018
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:03 pm

My prediction is he adds New Hampshire (he was only short 8000 votes last time). Loses either Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. I think it depends on who is down the ticket in those states. Republican strategists think New Mexico is in play but I think that's fools gold just like Democrats thinking Texas is in play. But if you see someone like Warren in the general it might just happen.

More importantly. Look at what the republicans (specifically RNC) have in the money department (As of Mid September):
For 2019-2020 cycle they've brought in over 141 million so far. (DNC 58 million)
RNC has 53.8 million in the bank.
RNC has no debt on the books at this time. (DNC has 7.3 million in debt currently)
Based on filings, the RNC currently has more small donors than the DNC does.<1>

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_committee ... _2019-2020

Given the record smashing fundraising by Republicans you can only assume they are enthusiastic. They may not be very vocal on the national media spotlight, but they're giving away their hard earned cash (thanks to that strong economy we have disposable income!). Seems indicative of a strong base.

Couple this fundraising with the fact that nobody was donating for the 2016 election cycle and you've got a recipe for reelection.

<1> this is likely due to the fact that the dems are in a primary cycle where lots of small donors are giving to the individual candidates at this time.
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:15 pm

UAUA wrote:
Seems that he will. Your views?

He does have lots of fans but also people who hate him


Put your money where your mouth is. Might as well make some $$$ given your certainty, no? https://www.oddsshark.com/how-bet-us-politics
 
UAUA
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:27 pm

I am not certain so I said 'seems'.
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:32 pm

UAUA wrote:
I am not certain so I said 'seems'.


Why would you say “seems”? I’ve seen no polling that would suggest that. Trump has been underwater for 2 years anywhere from -5 points to -15 points. The 2018 midterms was a blue wave of 40 seat pick up in the House. What makes you say “seems”? What are you seeing that would suggest that?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html
 
Ken777
Posts: 10197
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 pm

After the anticipated announcement later today on a Select Impeachment Committee a lot of things are going to change.

Start with the redacted areas of the Mueller Report being unreacted. White House witnesses loosing their "privilege" and having to answer fully and honestly.

Add in the various subpoenas for financial reports and tax returns.

And all the problems with Emoluments

I can see Trump not only being humiliating, but also scaring the hell out of Trump for the legal attack heading his way .

Forget the 2020 Election. Trumo needs to find a way to avoid wearing an orange jumpsuit.
 
BN747
Posts: 7934
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:21 pm

https://www.axios.com/poll-trump-dislik ... ca386.html

With 69% of voters stating they are 'sick and tired' of this foolish child-like idiot and his means, ways of conducting himself and revealing himself the buffoon that he is.

31% of voters will not cut it for the Moron in Chief to return...but as Ken777 said...'he's got a much better chance at joining the other crook, Manafort in the clink.

Add all the RNC money you want, money did not elect him in 2016, TWO huge factors did...

1) Russian Interference (tech minds 'know' votes were certainly changed in his favor.
2) Comey ->Hillary Bombshell

The 2nd is missing for 2020 play.
The 1st may give a harder try because they NEED Putin's Bitch in control in Washington.

Lastly, only voters can change his fate... and apparently, that 69% is not with him and has only grown in number and after today that number will climb.

His mouth (and dead brain) and stubby fingers has sealed his fate.

BN747
 
sonicruiser
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:13 pm

Only way Trump can lose is if Bernie is the Dem nominee. Warren or Biden won't cut it.
 
mham001
Posts: 5745
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:54 pm

Trump's approval rating is nearly identical to Obama's at this stage of his presidency.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:04 am

mham001 wrote:
Trump's approval rating is nearly identical to Obama's at this stage of his presidency.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/


That’s pretty pathetic given the economy was only slowly clawing its way back out of the depression/recession, and supposedly we have the biggest, bestest, most explosive, economy ever, in the universe, now.

He’s still underwater. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

If Trump was so confident he could win, why commit crimes to try to drum up dirt on Biden?
 
User avatar
jdstJD
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:13 am

BN747 wrote:
https://www.axios.com/poll-trump-dislike-approval-rating-2020-election-f3db749a-717c-4a91-9543-027d9deca386.html

With 69% of voters stating they are 'sick and tired' of this foolish child-like idiot and his means, ways of conducting himself and revealing himself the buffoon that he is.

31% of voters will not cut it for the Moron in Chief to return...but as Ken777 said...'he's got a much better chance at joining the other crook, Manafort in the clink.

Add all the RNC money you want, money did not elect him in 2016, TWO huge factors did...

1) Russian Interference (tech minds 'know' votes were certainly changed in his favor.
2) Comey ->Hillary Bombshell

The 2nd is missing for 2020 play.
The 1st may give a harder try because they NEED Putin's Bitch in control in Washington.

Lastly, only voters can change his fate... and apparently, that 69% is not with him and has only grown in number and after today that number will climb.

His mouth (and dead brain) and stubby fingers has sealed his fate.

BN747


And don’t forget that in 2016 there were many democratic leaning voters that stayed home either out of dislike of Hillary Clinton or the assumption she was a shoe-in so they didn’t have to get out and vote. This time? They’re gonna have to open up additional polling places to accommodate everyone coming out.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:22 am

Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

YES
 
mham001
Posts: 5745
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:25 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
mham001 wrote:
Trump's approval rating is nearly identical to Obama's at this stage of his presidency.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/


That’s pretty pathetic given the economy was only slowly clawing its way back out of the depression/recession, and supposedly we have the biggest, bestest, most explosive, economy ever, in the universe, now.

He’s still underwater. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html

If Trump was so confident he could win, why commit crimes to try to drum up dirt on Biden?


I recommend you also look at Reagan and Clinton during the same period. All three went on to win second terms. Except for Bush Sr, it appears you have to get to Jimmy Carter levels to lose. There is no Bill Clinton in today's Democrat field.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 14556
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:00 am

Just watch the Democratic debates that will give you the answer.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 8584
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:02 am

I’m already seeing Trump signs and posters in deep-blue CT. I’d say, it depends, but I’d guess the left wing of Pelosi’s party thinks he can win, so this impeachment theater will be the only way out. It’d be better to let the voters decide; the Dems don’t trust actual voters apparently.

GF
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:40 am

The crazier 45 and this WH act, the more they lose suburban women and independents. It all comes down to that - if they can run a modestly professional operation and no major recession begins, they can claw back suburban support and shouldn’t lose with the current Democratic field. If Gabbard or Yang were leading candidates he’d be in serious trouble, but lobbyists won’t allow them to get anywhere.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:28 am

The Democrats are the equivalent of the airline that tells their passengers "yeah we're running eight hours late but we'll make up the time in the air". No one believes them. Especially after their circus with Mueller. Just sour grapes.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3150
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
The Democrats are the equivalent of the airline that tells their passengers "yeah we're running eight hours late but we'll make up the time in the air". No one believes them. Especially after their circus with Mueller. Just sour grapes.


The schadenfreude is *especially* delicious today.
 
cpd
Posts: 6824
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:51 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
The Democrats are the equivalent of the airline that tells their passengers "yeah we're running eight hours late but we'll make up the time in the air". No one believes them. Especially after their circus with Mueller. Just sour grapes.


So this transcript is a “nothing burger”?

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... eb51c47cd6

I’ll remind you that the above report comes from a right wing news outlet, and the source of the info was the White House itself.

It’s especially damning and in a normal political landscape would result in the leader resigning.
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:52 am

johnboy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
The Democrats are the equivalent of the airline that tells their passengers "yeah we're running eight hours late but we'll make up the time in the air". No one believes them. Especially after their circus with Mueller. Just sour grapes.


The schadenfreude is *especially* delicious today.


We'll see just how delicious November 4, 2020 is to wake up to. Y'all had your best chance with Mueller. That went up in flames and Mueller will retire as a national disgrace. Perception is reality. The public sees the Democrats leading a witch-hunt against Trump.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:26 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
johnboy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
The Democrats are the equivalent of the airline that tells their passengers "yeah we're running eight hours late but we'll make up the time in the air". No one believes them. Especially after their circus with Mueller. Just sour grapes.


The schadenfreude is *especially* delicious today.


We'll see just how delicious November 4, 2020 is to wake up to. Y'all had your best chance with Mueller. That went up in flames and Mueller will retire as a national disgrace. Perception is reality. The public sees the Democrats leading a witch-hunt against Trump.


What ‘public’ is that? Oh, right, the one outside the GDP-producing spikes on the map:

Image
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2953
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:39 am

Democrats are such hypocrites. I wonder how you all would react if Trump had pulled the stunts that FDR did. FDR threatened Congress, tried to pack the Supreme Court when he didn't get his way, put Japanese-Americans in interment camps, ordered the destruction of crops and livestock to keep prices high while people were starving, and was a complete racist (wouldn't allow Black Olympic athletes to visit White House). But yet you all still worship FDR.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:00 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Democrats are such hypocrites. I wonder how you all would react if Trump had pulled the stunts that FDR did. FDR threatened Congress, tried to pack the Supreme Court when he didn't get his way, put Japanese-Americans in interment camps, ordered the destruction of crops and livestock to keep prices high while people were starving, and was a complete racist (wouldn't allow Black Olympic athletes to visit White House). But yet you all still worship FDR.


So you’re raw because the blue metropolitan strongholds are capitalist reward systems for collectivized brainpower and ambition?

Don’t give a hoot about FDR - way before my time and I was only a registered Democrat from 1996-2002.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:05 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Democrats are such hypocrites. I wonder how you all would react if Trump had pulled the stunts that FDR did. FDR threatened Congress, tried to pack the Supreme Court when he didn't get his way, put Japanese-Americans in interment camps, ordered the destruction of crops and livestock to keep prices high while people were starving, and was a complete racist (wouldn't allow Black Olympic athletes to visit White House). But yet you all still worship FDR.


You can’t say that! You have it all wrong! That was before Reagan when Republicans were Democrats and Democrats were Republicans. :hissyfit:
 
sonicruiser
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:42 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
The Democrats are the equivalent of the airline that tells their passengers "yeah we're running eight hours late but we'll make up the time in the air". No one believes them. Especially after their circus with Mueller. Just sour grapes.


That is actually a great analogy haha
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2718
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:40 am

This is a 6 hour compilation of many many people, from both sides of the isle, telling us all how Donald Trump will not win the election.

We'll have to update it after Donald wins yet again, in 2020...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbWneaOdUk
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:03 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
This is a 6 hour compilation of many many people, from both sides of the isle, telling us all how Donald Trump will not win the election.

We'll have to update it after Donald wins yet again, in 2020...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbWneaOdUk


Yeah, nah. In statistics, whether using probabilistic or stochastic analysis, the predictive value of 1 instance of something is nil.

Not to mention if you compare 45 even lightly to clips from 2016, his vocabulary and diction have declined and he is clearly stressed/tired most of the time. Just the most recent example, from a conservative commentator:

Taken individually, any one of these pieces could easily be explained away as a slip of the tongue or a jumbling of memory. You could say that he was just speaking extemporaneously or that his style is different from that of past presidents.

But when you put all of it together—the half thoughts, the repeated words, the references to vague entities, the unfinished sentences, the misleading claims, and the outright factual mistakes—it is difficult to read this as anything other than a man who is not in full control of his faculties.

Just as a point of reference, compare any of those clips above to the brief remarks in the middle of the availability by Mike Pompeo


https://thebulwark.com/the-president-of ... is-unwell/

The difference between his remarks and Pompeo's was like having a primary schooler follow a high school student. Not promising whatsoever. And here's the takeaway: between poor sleep habits, poor diet, irregular exercise and more upon more stress, he AINT gonna be in better condition 12 months from now.
 
extender
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 am

The democrats keep going off the left cliff, they will keep alienating people. When they have to cry that the electoral college is outdated, so that the liberal bastions can elect a new president, that should make you worry. Most of you on here hate Trump, that it blinds you all to reason. So I will break out the popcorn and enjoy the show. When pencil-necked hacks like Schiff have to make things up and make it sound official, they know they have lost.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 16476
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Trump 2020 reelection chances

Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:55 am

extender wrote:
The democrats keep going off the left cliff, they will keep alienating people. When they have to cry that the electoral college is outdated, so that the liberal bastions can elect a new president, that should make you worry. Most of you on here hate Trump, that it blinds you all to reason. So I will break out the popcorn and enjoy the show. When pencil-necked hacks like Schiff have to make things up and make it sound official, they know they have lost.


It is irrelevant whether anyone hates him or not - the issue is he’s bad for the country and the office of POTUS as well - evidenced by the multiple concerns from within the WH - real patriots trying to help their country be taken seriously in the world. The problem is those who defend him regardless of how bad it’s getting...that is not good for the nation either.
 
A310
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:57 am

Re: Will Donald Trump get re-elected?

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:46 pm

mham001 wrote:
Trump's approval rating is nearly identical to Obama's at this stage of his presidency.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/



Yes, it is common for Presidents not to have great approval ratings around this point in their tenure. However, Obama´s approval ratings increased during 2012, and around the election, it stood at about 51 percent. There is little indication that this will happen to Trump since his ratings have been almost consistent throughout his term.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AllNippon767, cskok8, lightsaber, SESGDL, sierraxray1493 and 37 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos