Jouhou

Re: Looks like the Governor of Virginia has a lot of explaining to do

Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:28 am

So,
A.) It looks like the people of VA definitely aren't going to "forgive" this incident. The hard polling numbers might be what he needs to suck it up and resign.
B.) The outlet that released this news is doing a great job of destroying their own credibility, if Northam hadn't already admitted to it (and then denied it) I'd be thinking the image was shopped right now.

They got interviewed by another outlet and pretty much made it clear this was a partisan attack.

seahawk

Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:56 am

Dieuwer wrote:
If I remember correctly, a similar garb as the KKK is donned in Spain during certain religious festivals. But I don't think the Spanish mean to be racist.

Spain is culturally different to the US in that regard. Even blackface is still common during carnival. And to be honest in the context it is not racist. Google "La Negra Tomasa" and "Día de Los Indianos" for example.
In Europe during the celebrations of the biblical 3 wise men, blackface is also still common. Although larger event try to get actors of colour for the role of the Baltasar from Africa, blackface is still common. But th debate is much different to the USA, as even people of African heritage do not overly see this custom as racist, as it would equally be racist to exclude Baltasar from the celebrations or force people of colour to exclusively play Baltasar.

apodino

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:13 pm

So this story continues to get better.

Not only does Northam face the issues he does, the Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax is facing sexual harrasment allegations and the accuser has hired the same lawyers that represented Christine Blasey Ford in the Kavanaugh accusations. Some people seem to think these allegations are credible. If they are, there is no way he survives given the #metoo movement that has permeated the Democratic Party.

And if that wasnt enough, the States Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, now also admits to a blackface incident years ago. He would have been next in line for the Governor if Northam and Fairfax both fell. Now he faces this incident. There is a big mess at the top of the Virgina Commonwealth government and the Democratic party in VA has got to be beside themselves right now. Keep an eye on this. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jetero

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 pm

apodino wrote:

Not only does Northam face the issues he does, the Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax is facing sexual harrasment allegations and the accuser has hired the same lawyers that represented Christine Blasey Ford in the Kavanaugh accusations. Some people seem to think these allegations are credible. If they are, there is no way he survives given the #metoo movement that has permeated the Democratic Party.

And if that wasnt enough, the States Attorney General Mark Herring, a Democrat, now also admits to a blackface incident years ago. He would have been next in line for the Governor if Northam and Fairfax both fell. Now he faces this incident. There is a big mess at the top of the Virgina Commonwealth government and the Democratic party in VA has got to be beside themselves right now. Keep an eye on this. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Good thing the voters of Virginia can always go back to the Party of Corey Stewart if they're morally outraged by 35-year-old college blackface incidents. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

slider

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:18 pm

apodino wrote:

I'm curious if the VA state constitution's order of succession then would go to the speaker of the state legislature. They're gonna drop like flies.

You lefties wanted a politically correct culture, well, now you got it--live with the consequences.

Let the bodies hit the floor. Next one up...you're the Govnuh!

ltbewr

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:20 pm

There is a war going on against all Democrats in Virginia due to the recent attempts to clarify the law as to late-term abortion access. Too many Democrats have spoken in support of a very liberal clarification of the late term abortion laws that are seen by many as offensive and morally wrong. Opponents are using the weapon of allegations of racism, sexual abuses, sexual affairs to force their views. I am quite sure many top Republicans who are outing Democrats for having a record of appearing in 'Blackface', other racists behaviors or sexual abuse and similar sins in their past personal history have just as much history as well.

I don't have any real answers on how to deal with this growing 'outing' of long past questionable behaviors for political and personal purposes but it will just make it impossible to find competent people to run our governments, companies and organizations.

seb146

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:00 pm

We have one party who admits past racism, apologizes, points out strides in making equality real, wants an open and honest dialog about race.
We have the other part who is openly racist, does not apologize, points out the other side is racist, thinks racial dialog is a waste of time and space.

That is what I am seeing.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

LittleSprocket

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
We have one party who admits past racism, apologizes, points out strides in making equality real, wants an open and honest dialog about race.
We have the other part who is openly racist, does not apologize, points out the other side is racist, thinks racial dialog is a waste of time and space.

Cool story bro! You either hold ALL accountable for their actions 40 years ago or you excuse those actions acknowledging that what is acceptable in society has changed over those 40 years. I'm for the latter but as long as the leftists insist on holding Republicans accountable while saying it's okay for Democrats we can stick to the former.

The left is hypocrites and now are forced to eat their own alive or acknowledge that their SJW platform is flawed. Beautiful!

NIKV69

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Just get funnier

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1 ... 2196427777

I am sure this relationship was consensual but wow. It's ok Schumer got a pass when he called a flight attendant the same.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

jetero

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:49 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
The left is hypocrites and now are forced to eat their own alive or acknowledge that their SJW platform is flawed. Beautiful!

Only in Breitbartlandia.

seb146

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Cool story bro! You either hold ALL accountable for their actions 40 years ago or you excuse those actions acknowledging that what is acceptable in society has changed over those 40 years. I'm for the latter but as long as the leftists insist on holding Republicans accountable while saying it's okay for Democrats we can stick to the former.

Not "eating our own" but, rather, owning up to our past mistakes and asking forgiveness. Night and day.

FTMCPIUS

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:17 am

The genesis of all this was actually not the photo but when Northam was queried about his defense of Virginia’s proposed (since defeated) late-term abortion bill. I am paraphrasing here but I believe this is fairly close to what was reported as his supporting a situation that, under certain circumstances, could be considered infanticide.

At a news conference Northam was asked if “late term” meant the full third trimester, right up to the time of birth. He said it did. Another question was about accidental birth (i.e., botched abortion) or a baby born with ‘abnormalities.’ He said the baby would be kept comfortable and the doctor and mother would then have a 'discussion.' That’s it – a discussion! He did not or would not elaborate.

I find it remarkable that were it not for Morning Joe, BBC or Fox this appears to have not been reported elsewhere. Did I just miss it being reported on the rest of the media?

DIRECTFLT

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 am

I know the title/subject of the thread is the Gov., but since then, with the charges alleged against the Lt. Gov, and the AG's admission, I hope the Mods will allow discussion of any or all of that. In any news stories by the MSM online, all these aspects are now being discussed. I hope we can so that here, rather having to have separate threads for each...

That said, I wonder how it will sound... Virginia Governor Cox!!
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DIRECTFLT

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:45 am

The Gov., after his radio appearance last week about the Abortion Bill, had to have his office "clarify" what he meant the next day. For a topic as charged as abortion, you'd think the Dr. would be more exact in his explanations, not leaving a gray area, that then has to be clarified by his office later. This gets to why many him out of office. With his performance at the Sat. Press Conf., many wonder if he has the smarts to govern Va. with soundness.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

seb146

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:36 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
The genesis of all this was actually not the photo but when Northam was queried about his defense of Virginia’s proposed (since defeated) late-term abortion bill. I am paraphrasing here but I believe this is fairly close to what was reported as his supporting a situation that, under certain circumstances, could be considered infanticide.

At a news conference Northam was asked if “late term” meant the full third trimester, right up to the time of birth. He said it did. Another question was about accidental birth (i.e., botched abortion) or a baby born with ‘abnormalities.’ He said the baby would be kept comfortable and the doctor and mother would then have a 'discussion.' That’s it – a discussion! He did not or would not elaborate.

I find it remarkable that were it not for Morning Joe, BBC or Fox this appears to have not been reported elsewhere. Did I just miss it being reported on the rest of the media?

American main stream media knows where the abortion debate will go. It has been done before and will continue, even after Republicans declare abortion illegal. MSM needs something hot button to sell and get clicks. What better than a Democratic governor from the South allegedly in blackface?

What kind of doctor is Northam? I honestly do not know. Oregon had a cardiologist as a governor three times. I don't suspect he is an expert on OB/GYN but I get the need for a doctor to be thorough.

Here is an interesting poll

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/re ... HPJS1niY2s

Jouhou

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:24 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Just get funnier

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1 ... 2196427777

I am sure this relationship was consensual but wow. It's ok Schumer got a pass when he called a flight attendant the same.

Consensual? It sounds like one of those situations where the chick really didn't want it but most men legitimately don't realize they are forcing a woman to do something she doesn't want to do. It's a true grey area in assault. Most women don't realize how dense men are when they are horny and most men don't realize kissing doesn't mean she wants his D.

The guy actually walks away thinking she wanted it all along and then gets pissed and flings insults when she says she was assaulted.

I've been friends with people where this scenario has played out more times than I can count. I end up telling men they need to be more perceptive when it comes to a woman's typically timid attempts to signal she doesn't want it and explain to women that men are f*ing dense when they're horny and you have to straight up say "I have absolutely no desire to have sex with you" because horny men tend to assume that if we, let's say, return to their hotel room with them we absolutely crave their dick.

Leaving this here as a PSA for you all. I'm amazed at how many people IRL I've had to explain this phenomenon to.

DarkSnowyNight

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Jouhou wrote:
I'm amazed at how many people IRL I've had to explain this phenomenon to.

I'm not. Not something I would hold women at large accountable for, but there is indeed a very significant communication issue at play. If I'm being honest though, I'm not even sure how much solving that would prevent horny dumb guys from screwing this up. IMHO, what we really need is a whole cultural paradigm shift.

It's easy for me to say this since I hate almost everything about having sex anyway, but with harassment issues like this, population growth and the overall need for fewer people in the world anyway, perhaps it's time that we stop looking at sex as some type of entitlement. I know that's easier said than done, but this is hugely problematic now. And I think that a lot of even the accidental harassment comes from this.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

trpmb6

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:28 pm

Jouhou wrote:

Consensual? It sounds like one of those situations where the chick really didn't want it but most men legitimately don't realize they are forcing a woman to do something she doesn't want to do. It's a true grey area in assault. Most women don't realize how dense men are when they are horny and most men don't realize kissing doesn't mean she wants his D.

The guy actually walks away thinking she wanted it all along and then gets pissed and flings insults when she says she was assaulted.

I've been friends with people where this scenario has played out more times than I can count. I end up telling men they need to be more perceptive when it comes to a woman's typically timid attempts to signal she doesn't want it and explain to women that men are f*ing dense when they're horny and you have to straight up say "I have absolutely no desire to have sex with you" because horny men tend to assume that if we, let's say, return to their hotel room with them we absolutely crave their dick.

Leaving this here as a PSA for you all. I'm amazed at how many people IRL I've had to explain this phenomenon to.

100% true. Even more so if alcohol is involved as it impairs judgment. If I'm being completely honest, if you go to a hotel room with me, alone, that's already sending a message. Especially if it's after hours. My advice: if you have business to conduct after hours with someone, you meet in the hotel lobby. The hotel room is not a place to do business. I say this to both women and men.

And honestly, if you're looking for a quick fix, just use one of the various apps that facilitate that type of activity (I don't necessarily agree with such type of activity but you do you - have fun with the risk of catching something). If you're looking to start a relationship, the hotel room isn't the first place you should be visiting anyways. Try a restaurant and a movie.

jetero

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm

I can't wait for it to come out how many abortions Trumpy Bear has paid for in his lifetime. Maybe they're saying that for the 2020 election. Of course, I suspect he will be labeled a "changed man" by Frankie Graham.

jetero

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
If I'm being completely honest, if you go to a hotel room with me, alone, that's already sending a message. Especially if it's after hours.

TRP, I feel bad for the wife and two kids!!!!! :spit:

DIRECTFLT

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:18 pm

So this an interesting turn of events. We know that Dr. Tyson has hired the Law Firm that represented Dr. Ford.

And now, we learn that Lt. Gov. Fairfax, has hired the Law Firm that represented Judge Kavanaugh.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/virg ... lasey-ford

jetero

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Oh goody, now someone needs to hire Rachel Mitchell and we'll get another unforgettable SNL skit.

trpmb6

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:50 pm

jetero wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
If I'm being completely honest, if you go to a hotel room with me, alone, that's already sending a message. Especially if it's after hours.

TRP, I feel bad for the wife and two kids!!!!! :spit:

Lol. Fortunately, she's the only one that ever goes to a hotel room with me.

BN747

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:09 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
[q If I'm being honest though, I'm not even sure how much solving that would prevent horny dumb guys from screwing this up. IMHO, what we really need is a whole cultural paradigm shift.

That's exactly what #me too is ...and it's only getting started.

Then entire top 3 VA gov positions, need to go even if it means the 4th in line of succession, a republican, steps in.

Lt. Fairfax's accusers comes across quite credible before reaching Ford/Kavanaugh territory. Although Kavanaugh's charges was much worse (and he beat it by way of Mitch
McConnell) whereas Fairfax doesn't stand a chance facing a Dem led legislature. In short, Dems must walk the talk...of standby and say nothing. And we all know what happens when no one steps up - the BS continues.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

ltbewr

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:13 pm

With late term abortions, even though they are very rare and a small percentage of all abortions, do present very serious ethical and moral issues that the Governor botched big time in his comments. Either or jointly those opposed to abortion in general or Republicans seeking to keep control of the legislature and to win the next Governor's election put the photos of the Governor from his med school yearbook. Seeing that the Lt. Governor may become governor, either brought out the allegations of sexual assault and pushed the State AG to admit to wearing Blackface in 1980. Some right wingers probably like that these politicians are getting outs as revenge for calling for or causing the removal of symbols or important persons connected with the CSA.
No doubt many politicians of both parties in VA went to high schools or colleges including to current times named after CSA leaders, or Rebels, used as mascots or logos of their schools of CSA soldiers, had organizations like the Sons of Confederate Veterans as part of school organizations, used or have pictures of 'Rebel' flags and likely had few or no Black students or marginalized them (unless a top athlete). I suspect we may see a lot more politicians of both parties now under scrutiny for any hint of racism, sexism or any other negative '-ism' to take them from power.

jetero

Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:17 pm

BN747 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
[q If I'm being honest though, I'm not even sure how much solving that would prevent horny dumb guys from screwing this up. IMHO, what we really need is a whole cultural paradigm shift.

That's exactly what #me too is ...and it's only getting started.

Then entire top 3 VA gov positions, need to go even if it means the 4th in line of succession, a republican, steps in.

Lt. Fairfax's accusers comes across quite credible before reaching Ford/Kavanaugh territory. Although Kavanaugh's charges was much worse (and he beat it by way of Mitch
McConnell) whereas Fairfax doesn't stand a chance facing a Dem led legislature. In short, Dems must walk the talk...of standby and say nothing. And we all know what happens when no one steps up - the BS continues.

BN747

I disagree entirely.

Aside from pragmatic considerations, calling for the resignation of all 3 is a signal to voters in Virginia that the Democrats are really not worth voting for, as, unlike Republicans, they'll be very quick to step down when it's inevitably turned up (surprise!) that they did something wrong 30 years ago.

This situation could've all been averted if Northam managed it correctly to begin with.

seb146

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:11 pm

As bad as Northam was, it looks like, once again, the Republican party was behind this

https://thinkprogress.org/virginia-sena ... r-pheTq6ns

DIRECTFLT

Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 pm

On a radio program this afternoon, this possible scenario was submitted. It assumes that the Gov., Lt. Gov., and the AG would all be stepping down. But, before that happens, the Gov. would convince the AG to step down, in which case the Gov. would be allowed to appoint his replacement, a Democrat. Then, after the Gov. and the Lt. Gov step down, the replaced AG would then become Gov.
Last edited by DIRECTFLT on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:21 pm

And the president is relevant to discussion on the Governor of VA how?

Gf

jetero

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:58 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Gf

Virginia is a state in the United States. Until you recommend for them to secede so that they don't dilute your vote as you have with others, of course.

casinterest
Topic Author

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:23 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Gf

Trump is a Racist, just like the Va Dems being discussed . if they are going to go, then he should go to.Right?

Only fair.
Where ever you go, there you are.

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:42 pm

Prove he wore blackface or KKK costume. I’m not saying he didn’t but prove he’s s racist by means other than your interpretation of speeches. It’s the Democrats’ standard that they’re applying, the voters voted and found him acceptable.

GF

jetero

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Prove he wore blackface or KKK costume. I’m not saying he didn’t but prove he’s s racist by means other than your interpretation of speeches.

GF

Oh boy. There are other ways of being racist than putting shoe polish on your face or donning a bedsheet. Say, refusing to let them rent your apartments, or calling for the execution of crime suspects based on their race. Some people might even think that more severe.

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Prove he wore blackface or KKK costume. I’m not saying he didn’t but prove he’s s racist by means other than your interpretation of speeches. It’s the Democrats’ standard that they’re applying, the voters voted and found him acceptable.

GF

How do you "interpret" Trump being sued for housing discrimination?

jetero wrote:
I can't wait for it to come out how many abortions Trumpy Bear has paid for in his lifetime. Maybe they're saying that for the 2020 election. Of course, I suspect he will be labeled a "changed man" by Frankie Graham.

I don't think Graham even bothers making a distinction anymore. A Trump-like figure has been their messiah for generations going back to Graham's garbage father.

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Don't you worry--this will all come to the GOP like everything else 1-2 generations after everyone else has long been onboard. Odds are better than even that in a generation anyone pictured in a MAGA hat will be accorded the same courtesy as black face. In the mean time y'all can diddle underage girls, sing "Jesus loves me this I know" and run for Senate like nothing happened.
E pur si muove -Galileo

MaverickM11

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:54 pm

Top Va. Republican Senator Edited 1968 Yearbook With Blackface Photos, Racial Slurs

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07/69243642 ... u_rluqf2js

OK maybe we start with a list of Virginians that haven't done blackface or rapey stuff, and ctrl-alt-delete... :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

aviationaware

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
OK maybe we start with a list of Virginians that haven't done blackface or rapey stuff

Like Ed Gillespie?

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:05 am

aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
OK maybe we start with a list of Virginians that haven't done blackface or rapey stuff

Like Ed Gillespie?

Better call for a new election with all this new information coming out, eh? It's only fair . . .

aviationaware

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:25 am

jetero wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Like Ed Gillespie?

Better call for a new election with all this new information coming out, eh? It's only fair . . .

No. I'm not a Democrat. Elected is elected. They made a bad choice, but that's life.

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 am

aviationaware wrote:
jetero wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Like Ed Gillespie?

No. I'm not a Democrat. Elected is elected. They made a bad choice, but that's life.

Oh Lawd . . .

seb146

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 am

BN747 wrote:
jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:
As bad as Northam was, it looks like, once again, the Republican party was behind this

https://thinkprogress.org/virginia-sena ... r-pheTq6ns

I don't think the above says what you think it says.

Although I have no doubt the tripartite attack on the order of succession was orchestrated as a Republican hit job.

As long as the P*ssy Grabber/Liar/Racist-in-Chief is in power, however, and the typical Republican primary voter remains radical and racist (as is evidenced by the recent statewide candidates) it doesn't matter--anyone whose primary concern is race or gender issues will vote Democratic as none of these peoples' policy pursuits actively involve racist or sexist aims. You can't say that for a good chunk of Republicans, their state party apparatuses, or their candidates.

Just like I'm sure that whenever it inevitably comes out that Trumpy Bear has shelled out for an abortion, voters whose primary policy issue is abortion will continue to vote Republican.

It appears seb146's posted link points at more to the story, but as you stated above as 'had they handled it correctly...' well that would have been impossible given the VA Dems had no idea what was coming. So in such a case, what would then be the 'correct way' to handle this?

Now, if the link shedding some light on a possible GOP planned attack...then the Dems should pick up what the GOP started with former yearbook editor character...and dive head deep into it and expose every player involved. Because if this fella really held this position...he knows more.. MUCH more than what is currently being said.

BN747

I think this Republican attack pairs nicely with the "loser" in Georgia who complained about not all the votes being counted and being just a radical and mean and a bad person and such. Republicans can put out these social hits on Democrats but Democrats had better just shut up and not make any waves for Republicans. That sounds like what they want. Why give them what they want?

trpmb6

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 am

So should we throw in the joy Behar Halloween costume from when she was 29 in here?

I dont think she meant anything malicious from it of course.. but in the clip from the view it seems that Raven-Symoné was not comfortable with it but was joking it off somewhat.

Is this flattery, or inappropraite?

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:50 am

How bout we move on from hollow discussions of historical blackface and just all agree that, from this point forward, it's not appropriate in any circumstances?

BN747

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:25 am

seb146 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
jetero wrote:

I don't think the above says what you think it says.

Although I have no doubt the tripartite attack on the order of succession was orchestrated as a Republican hit job.

As long as the P*ssy Grabber/Liar/Racist-in-Chief is in power, however, and the typical Republican primary voter remains radical and racist (as is evidenced by the recent statewide candidates) it doesn't matter--anyone whose primary concern is race or gender issues will vote Democratic as none of these peoples' policy pursuits actively involve racist or sexist aims. You can't say that for a good chunk of Republicans, their state party apparatuses, or their candidates.

Just like I'm sure that whenever it inevitably comes out that Trumpy Bear has shelled out for an abortion, voters whose primary policy issue is abortion will continue to vote Republican.

It appears seb146's posted link points at more to the story, but as you stated above as 'had they handled it correctly...' well that would have been impossible given the VA Dems had no idea what was coming. So in such a case, what would then be the 'correct way' to handle this?

Now, if the link shedding some light on a possible GOP planned attack...then the Dems should pick up what the GOP started with former yearbook editor character...and dive head deep into it and expose every player involved. Because if this fella really held this position...he knows more.. MUCH more than what is currently being said.

BN747

I think this Republican attack pairs nicely with the "loser" in Georgia who complained about not all the votes being counted and being just a radical and mean and a bad person and such. Republicans can put out these social hits on Democrats but Democrats had better just shut up and not make any waves for Republicans. That sounds like what they want. Why give them what they want?

And that's the party of Morality for you...Family Values, good Christians. etc...public office.

Except they are walking around 'completely Morally Bankrupt'.. violating every tenet of Biblical teachings -except that hate thy enemy part when not endorsing Child Molesters and Racists for ...

...and given the thousands of times they asked Hillary, 'why do you defend your cheating husband?'....and not one, NOT a single one of them has asked Melania that same question...crickets.

And the weak attempts to attack Stacey Abrams, who has shown more morally than all of them put together makes me ask 'if she's a loser (of a stolen election) what do think have to say about Sarah Palin losing in a fair ellection? No answers yet....just dog whistles..

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 am

jetero wrote:
How bout we move on from hollow discussions of historical blackface and just all agree that, from this point forward, it's not appropriate in any circumstances?

We have known that for some time.

Next year, we will be back to #metoo or who pees where.

We will see people in black face for a while longer. And, as with now, one party will condemn their own, the other party will "meh...." and cry "WHATABOUT!!!!"

seb146

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:34 am

trpmb6 wrote:
So should we throw in the joy Behar Halloween costume from when she was 29 in here?

I dont think she meant anything malicious from it of course.. but in the clip from the view it seems that Raven-Symoné was not comfortable with it but was joking it off somewhat.

Is this flattery, or inappropraite?

Behar discussed this years ago. She said she used foundation that was darker than she normally uses. That is not black face. That is using bronzer.

seb146

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:35 am

I think the governor should appoint someone way far left to succeed him and then resign. That would be fun.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:38 pm

Uh oh.
Another woman has accused Fairfax.

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/1093984861675610112

DIRECTFLT

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:43 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Uh oh.
Another woman has accused Fairfax.

https://twitter.com/pzf/status/1093984861675610112

Wow... this getting into Blassey-Ford territory of multiple accusations! Victims of the AG are doing their civic duty and coming forward now.

jetero

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:44 pm

So many lives ruined!

NIKV69

Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:52 pm

jetero wrote:
So many lives ruined!

Wow Symone Sanders just said Fairfax should resign. Shit just got real!