Kiwirob

Re: Washington Measles Outbreak

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:17 am

LMP737 wrote:
They tend to be rich, white and religious. To be honest I'm not that surprised.

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-conta ... d=60674519

Fixed it for you.

They can't be well educated if they aren't vaccinating.

Harry765

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:28 am

Measles in Washington has spread and health officials urge immunization. The Washington State Department of Health reminds people to take precautions to help stop the spread of measles.

tommy1808

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:20 pm

flyingclrs727 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
There are anti-vaxxer parents who are on the internet asking how they can protect their children against measles. I want to reach through the internet and... well... that's illegal but what the heck is wrong with these idiots???

If they're really antivaxxers, they should seek out people with measles and hold a measles party for their kids. That way their kids can have lifetime immunity to measles. That's what lots of people did before there was a vaccine. Likewise people used to have chickenpox parties too.

Well, they probably decided, rightly so, that those parties are to dangerous. Back in the days there simply was nothing better you could do.

They are an especially bad way to find out your child is immune compromised ....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

LMP737
Topic Author

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

Just because you are educated does not mean you have the ability for logical/rational thought.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

tommy1808

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:09 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Just because you are educated does not mean you have the ability for logical/rational thought.

:checkmark:
Not all degrees include that, and no matter how well you are educated, you can still be a Dunning-Kruger victim as well as the whole other lot...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ive_biases

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

flyingclrs727

Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:06 am

tommy1808 wrote:
flyingclrs727 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
There are anti-vaxxer parents who are on the internet asking how they can protect their children against measles. I want to reach through the internet and... well... that's illegal but what the heck is wrong with these idiots???

If they're really antivaxxers, they should seek out people with measles and hold a measles party for their kids. That way their kids can have lifetime immunity to measles. That's what lots of people did before there was a vaccine. Likewise people used to have chickenpox parties too.

Well, they probably decided, rightly so, that those parties are to dangerous. Back in the days there simply was nothing better you could do.

They are an especially bad way to find out your child is immune compromised ....

Best regards
Thomas

They don't seem to have chosen rightly. If they had, they would have vaccinated their children against measles with the MMR. My mother was a speech therapist. She saw the effects of rubella on children whose mothers got rubella while pregnant. The MMR prevents measles, mumps and rubella. I was born before the mumps vaccination, so I had the mumps when I was 5. I was the most miserable from mumps than any childhood disease I had including chickenpox. My paternal uncle was not so lucky. He and my Dad got the mumps at the same time. My Dad was just 4, but his brother was 18. In adults the mumps often attacks the gonads. In my uncle's case they attacked his testes and rendered him sterile. He was never able to father children with his wife.