User avatar
johnboy
Topic Author
Posts: 3038
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Interesting story. Mom and Pop sporting goods store owner has hissy fit against people protesting racial injustice (ie bent knee for National Anthem/Colin Kaepernick, et al.), PLUS has very public anti-Nike sales/public commentary in the past year.

Now he has to close because of low sales!
*womp, womp*

“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” Martin said.


https://sports.yahoo.com/colorado-busin ... 25564.html

Funny, wonder why all the Blow hard racists didn’t come to his support? Keyboard warriors?

I remember several familiar faces in here wanting to burn their Nikes and never buying them again, so see what you’ve done? :cutie:


PS: kinda makes one wonder about all the Trump blowhards who just KNOW he’s gonna win. I’d like to see the Venn diagram on these two sets of folks.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:42 pm

TrumpPuppet cuts off nose, spites face. What a surprise!

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Brick
Posts: 1661
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 1999 11:08 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Even before the whole Kaepernick happened, he was probably heading to this conclusion anyway. His store is located in a dying mall which has had a lot of shops close recently, especially the businesses that are competing with the "big boys" (Dicks Sporting Goods, Big 5, Walmart, Amazon, and etc).

The owner probably just wanted to make a little noise on his way out. I doubt not selling Nike products directly lead to the end result....maybe it accelerated it a little bit, but that mall he's in right now just sucks for everyone in there trying to make a living.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Brick wrote:
... that mall he's in right now just sucks for everyone in there trying to make a living.


You mean it is a deplorable mall?

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Brick wrote:
... that mall he's in right now just sucks for everyone in there trying to make a living.


You mean it is a deplorable mall?

;)


Retail in general sucks right now, specifically when you can use Amazon to buy everything you need. I just bought a decent bed set and new mattress on Amazon this past December for half of what I would pay for it at a normal brick and mortar furniture store.
 
Pi7472000
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:59 pm

When I went to Colorado, Colorado Springs
was pretty(the natural part), but the people there were out of another world. Extremely religious and closed minded. I am not surprised to read the business was located there. Listening to right wing media is never good for business.
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 1114
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:22 am

On a related note, Kaepernick and Ed Reid settled their collusion lawsuits against the NFL for an undisclosed amount:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2600 ... e-case-nfl

Which likely means that Kaep and his lawyers had legitimate dirt that the NFL was scared shitless to let be known in a trial. I'm reading on Twitter from unconfirmed sources that the settlement was in the $60-$80 million range.

Who's kneeling now?
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7384
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:28 am

Sending him thoughts and prayers, since they solve many issues it seems.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 am

Brick wrote:
Even before the whole Kaepernick happened, he was probably heading to this conclusion anyway. His store is located in a dying mall which has had a lot of shops close recently, especially the businesses that are competing with the "big boys" (Dicks Sporting Goods, Big 5, Walmart, Amazon, and etc).

The owner probably just wanted to make a little noise on his way out. I doubt not selling Nike products directly lead to the end result....maybe it accelerated it a little bit, but that mall he's in right now just sucks for everyone in there trying to make a living.


Yeah ironic right? Kinda like Kaepernick himself a mediocre QB at best takes a knee to bring attention to himself to maybe save whats left of his career and BAM
 
cpd
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:06 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Brick wrote:
Even before the whole Kaepernick happened, he was probably heading to this conclusion anyway. His store is located in a dying mall which has had a lot of shops close recently, especially the businesses that are competing with the "big boys" (Dicks Sporting Goods, Big 5, Walmart, Amazon, and etc).

The owner probably just wanted to make a little noise on his way out. I doubt not selling Nike products directly lead to the end result....maybe it accelerated it a little bit, but that mall he's in right now just sucks for everyone in there trying to make a living.


Yeah ironic right? Kinda like Kaepernick himself a mediocre QB at best takes a knee to bring attention to himself to maybe save whats left of his career and BAM


Let’s see you be a better QB than he is, since you are judging. These armchair sporting experts nowadays. :roll:

As for the business owner, just silly. You really have do the most to attract customers, not drive them away. That means steering clear of controversies. Online retailers already make things tough for traditional businesses.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:14 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Sending him thoughts and prayers, since they solve many issues it seems.




thanks for the laugh
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1001
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:16 pm

i am sure a trump supporter will set him up with a go fund me page. since they have so much money, just as soon as they personally fund that wall.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:36 am

cpd wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
Brick wrote:
Even before the whole Kaepernick happened, he was probably heading to this conclusion anyway. His store is located in a dying mall which has had a lot of shops close recently, especially the businesses that are competing with the "big boys" (Dicks Sporting Goods, Big 5, Walmart, Amazon, and etc).

The owner probably just wanted to make a little noise on his way out. I doubt not selling Nike products directly lead to the end result....maybe it accelerated it a little bit, but that mall he's in right now just sucks for everyone in there trying to make a living.


Yeah ironic right? Kinda like Kaepernick himself a mediocre QB at best takes a knee to bring attention to himself to maybe save whats left of his career and BAM


Let’s see you be a better QB than he is, since you are judging. These armchair sporting experts nowadays. :roll:

As for the business owner, just silly. You really have do the most to attract customers, not drive them away. That means steering clear of controversies. Online retailers already make things tough for traditional businesses.


He was an average QB at best and his performance collapsed after 2014. He had the right coach who was able modify a system to play to his strengths, nevermind the best o-line in football at the time. When Jim Harbaugh left (after the 2014 season), Kaepernick showed he was incapable of learning a new system or expanding what he had already learned. His success rests with Harbaugh. If Alex Smith hadn’t been knocked out of a game, the only time you’d have heard his name was in the pre-season. Anyone who thinks he was a great QB because he showed up in a Super Bowl and lost doesn’t know the sport. Kaepernick is even delusional about his own capability. The simple fact is, he’s toxic, not unlike Terrell Owens, except Owens was actually a bad ass player. Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf. Don’t try and pull the “he was in the Heisman running” game either, a boat load of them have been the product of their system they were playing in that got to the NFL and choked, big time. Here is a pretty good list of them that actually won a Heisman:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gal ... ory-091415
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12645
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:52 am

DL717 wrote:
He was an average QB at best and his performance collapsed after 2014. He had the right coach who was able modify a system to play to his strengths, nevermind the best o-line in football at the time. When Jim Harbaugh left (after the 2014 season), Kaepernick showed he was incapable of learning a new system or expanding what he had already learned. His success rests with Harbaugh. If Alex Smith hadn’t been knocked out of a game, the only time you’d have heard his name was in the pre-season. Anyone who thinks he was a great QB because he showed up in a Super Bowl and lost doesn’t know the sport. Kaepernick is even delusional about his own capability. The simple fact is, he’s toxic, not unlike Terrell Owens, except Owens was actually a bad ass player. Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf. Don’t try and pull the “he was in the Heisman running” game either, a boat load of them have been the product of their system they were playing in that got to the NFL and choked, big time. Here is a pretty good list of them that actually won a Heisman:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gal ... ory-091415


His lawyer Mark Geragos thinks he will be signed to the Panthers in two weeks LOLOL
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
KICT
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:56 am

Are you getting tired of the winning, patriots?
People are saying. Believe me.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12645
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:11 am

KICT wrote:
Are you getting tired of the winning, patriots?


You kidding? No way. Though their prowess and mistake free football should impress all.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
jpetekyxmd80
Posts: 4301
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:16 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:49 am

DL717 wrote:
Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf.


Ryan Leaf career QB rating: 50.0. Just about the worst anyone could possibly have while playing a good number of games.
Colin Kaepernick career QB rating: 88.9- 18th all time
And that doesn't even account for rushing.


This just about sums up your knowledge on the topic
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12645
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf.


Ryan Leaf career QB rating: 50.0. Just about the worst anyone could possibly have while playing a good number of games.
Colin Kaepernick career QB rating: 88.9- 18th all time
And that doesn't even account for rushing.


This just about sums up your knowledge on the topic


I do believe Kaepernick was a much more gifted QB than Ryan Leaf but he felt int the same trap Mark Sanchez did. Couple of nasty hits and a loss of confidence and he wasn't hitting receivers in the chest anymore I admit when he first came on the scene I though he was amazing but now he is damaged goods. I mean if he didn't have the baggage and I am sure the NY Giants would take him in a second. Eagles too if they can't secure Foles. Unfortunately we will probably never see him again and he will take his millions and go into obscurity.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
jpetekyxmd80
Posts: 4301
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:16 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:32 am

Oh i totally understand how good he was at first as the Packers fan, and how the bloom was off the rose a few years after, as often happens in the NFL where QB get figured out, but he had a major bounce back year in 2016 and it's hard to argue that he wouldn't be a middle of the road starter in the NFL right now on talent alone. Bottom line that was a terrible hot take from DL717.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009
 
User avatar
teme82
Posts: 1323
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:38 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
His lawyer Mark Geragos thinks he will be signed to the Panthers in two weeks LOLOL

What the heck. Cam Newton should be their starter for the next season. So he should be the backup.
Flying high and low
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12645
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 am

teme82 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
His lawyer Mark Geragos thinks he will be signed to the Panthers in two weeks LOLOL

What the heck. Cam Newton should be their starter for the next season. So he should be the backup.


I would think if he ever gets another shot he would want a situation where he can compete for starter in the preseason. Cam is a bum. So much talent but he is not a gamer and once he gets a hard sack he folds like a cheap suit. In the Superbowl against Denver Von Miller laid him out and he was useless after that. Denver just got up a score and ran the ball and punted it back because Cam couldn't get a first down.

Going to be interesting to see if anyone signs him.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
cpd
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 am

DL717 wrote:
cpd wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Yeah ironic right? Kinda like Kaepernick himself a mediocre QB at best takes a knee to bring attention to himself to maybe save whats left of his career and BAM


Let’s see you be a better QB than he is, since you are judging. These armchair sporting experts nowadays. :roll:

As for the business owner, just silly. You really have do the most to attract customers, not drive them away. That means steering clear of controversies. Online retailers already make things tough for traditional businesses.


He was an average QB at best and his performance collapsed after 2014. He had the right coach who was able modify a system to play to his strengths, nevermind the best o-line in football at the time. When Jim Harbaugh left (after the 2014 season), Kaepernick showed he was incapable of learning a new system or expanding what he had already learned. His success rests with Harbaugh. If Alex Smith hadn’t been knocked out of a game, the only time you’d have heard his name was in the pre-season. Anyone who thinks he was a great QB because he showed up in a Super Bowl and lost doesn’t know the sport. Kaepernick is even delusional about his own capability. The simple fact is, he’s toxic, not unlike Terrell Owens, except Owens was actually a bad ass player. Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf. Don’t try and pull the “he was in the Heisman running” game either, a boat load of them have been the product of their system they were playing in that got to the NFL and choked, big time. Here is a pretty good list of them that actually won a Heisman:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gal ... ory-091415



That's not the point - the point is that some armchair expert thinks he knows better than an elite athlete. Sure, if you know better - then go out on the field and prove it. Then you can start judging. If you don't, then you don't have the right to judge. Also, why aren't you out there on the field yourself in the place of Kaepernick? I'm guessing you are capable of it, by your judgements.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:46 pm

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf.


Ryan Leaf career QB rating: 50.0. Just about the worst anyone could possibly have while playing a good number of games.
Colin Kaepernick career QB rating: 88.9- 18th all time
And that doesn't even account for rushing.


This just about sums up your knowledge on the topic


You’re missing the point I was making about him being toxic. All the talent in the world, otherwise toxic. Just like Ryan Leaf. Also of note, Kaepernick was playing behind the best o-line in the league at the time with a legitimate coach. Helps tremendously with stats.

Don’t take something out of context next time. You’ll be better off.

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Oh i totally understand how good he was at first as the Packers fan, and how the bloom was off the rose a few years after, as often happens in the NFL where QB get figured out, but he had a major bounce back year in 2016 and it's hard to argue that he wouldn't be a middle of the road starter in the NFL right now on talent alone. Bottom line that was a terrible hot take from DL717.


As I noted, you took my comment out of context.
Last edited by DL717 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:52 pm

cpd wrote:
DL717 wrote:
cpd wrote:

Let’s see you be a better QB than he is, since you are judging. These armchair sporting experts nowadays. :roll:

As for the business owner, just silly. You really have do the most to attract customers, not drive them away. That means steering clear of controversies. Online retailers already make things tough for traditional businesses.


He was an average QB at best and his performance collapsed after 2014. He had the right coach who was able modify a system to play to his strengths, nevermind the best o-line in football at the time. When Jim Harbaugh left (after the 2014 season), Kaepernick showed he was incapable of learning a new system or expanding what he had already learned. His success rests with Harbaugh. If Alex Smith hadn’t been knocked out of a game, the only time you’d have heard his name was in the pre-season. Anyone who thinks he was a great QB because he showed up in a Super Bowl and lost doesn’t know the sport. Kaepernick is even delusional about his own capability. The simple fact is, he’s toxic, not unlike Terrell Owens, except Owens was actually a bad ass player. Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf. Don’t try and pull the “he was in the Heisman running” game either, a boat load of them have been the product of their system they were playing in that got to the NFL and choked, big time. Here is a pretty good list of them that actually won a Heisman:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gal ... ory-091415



That's not the point - the point is that some armchair expert thinks he knows better than an elite athlete. Sure, if you know better - then go out on the field and prove it. Then you can start judging. If you don't, then you don't have the right to judge. Also, why aren't you out there on the field yourself in the place of Kaepernick? I'm guessing you are capable of it, by your judgements.


I’m in my late fifties so I’ll let this “get out there and play BS” ride. I played ball from 5th grade through College, so I’m 100% certain I have more football knowledge in my pinky than most people have in their whole body, especially packer fans.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:18 pm

cpd wrote:
DL717 wrote:
cpd wrote:

Let’s see you be a better QB than he is, since you are judging. These armchair sporting experts nowadays. :roll:

As for the business owner, just silly. You really have do the most to attract customers, not drive them away. That means steering clear of controversies. Online retailers already make things tough for traditional businesses.


He was an average QB at best and his performance collapsed after 2014. He had the right coach who was able modify a system to play to his strengths, nevermind the best o-line in football at the time. When Jim Harbaugh left (after the 2014 season), Kaepernick showed he was incapable of learning a new system or expanding what he had already learned. His success rests with Harbaugh. If Alex Smith hadn’t been knocked out of a game, the only time you’d have heard his name was in the pre-season. Anyone who thinks he was a great QB because he showed up in a Super Bowl and lost doesn’t know the sport. Kaepernick is even delusional about his own capability. The simple fact is, he’s toxic, not unlike Terrell Owens, except Owens was actually a bad ass player. Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf. Don’t try and pull the “he was in the Heisman running” game either, a boat load of them have been the product of their system they were playing in that got to the NFL and choked, big time. Here is a pretty good list of them that actually won a Heisman:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gal ... ory-091415



That's not the point - the point is that some armchair expert thinks he knows better than an elite athlete. Sure, if you know better - then go out on the field and prove it. Then you can start judging. If you don't, then you don't have the right to judge. Also, why aren't you out there on the field yourself in the place of Kaepernick? I'm guessing you are capable of it, by your judgements.


By the way, I can see from your avatar you’re a cyclist. I am as well. I’m sure you never criticized a mediocre cyclist with a God complex that led the peloton for the better part of a decade because he was coached up by his dope right? Best get yourself up into that pro peloton. The tour is coming.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1514
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Business and politics do not mix
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:22 pm

johnboy wrote:
Interesting story. Mom and Pop sporting goods store owner has hissy fit against people protesting racial injustice (ie bent knee for National Anthem/Colin Kaepernick, et al.), PLUS has very public anti-Nike sales/public commentary in the past year.

Now he has to close because of low sales!
*womp, womp*

“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” Martin said.


https://sports.yahoo.com/colorado-busin ... 25564.html

Funny, wonder why all the Blow hard racists didn’t come to his support? Keyboard warriors?

I remember several familiar faces in here wanting to burn their Nikes and never buying them again, so see what you’ve done? :cutie:


PS: kinda makes one wonder about all the Trump blowhards who just KNOW he’s gonna win. I’d like to see the Venn diagram on these two sets of folks.



“Funny, wonder why all the Blow hard racists didn’t come to his support? Keyboard warriors?”

They don’t have any money. They live in their moms basement probably. The typical demographic of the average racist is, well, I won’t go there.......
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 496
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:51 pm

DL717 wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf.


Ryan Leaf career QB rating: 50.0. Just about the worst anyone could possibly have while playing a good number of games.
Colin Kaepernick career QB rating: 88.9- 18th all time
And that doesn't even account for rushing.


This just about sums up your knowledge on the topic


You’re missing the point I was making about him being toxic. All the talent in the world, otherwise toxic. Just like Ryan Leaf. Also of note, Kaepernick was playing behind the best o-line in the league at the time with a legitimate coach. Helps tremendously with stats.

Don’t take something out of context next time. You’ll be better off.

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Oh i totally understand how good he was at first as the Packers fan, and how the bloom was off the rose a few years after, as often happens in the NFL where QB get figured out, but he had a major bounce back year in 2016 and it's hard to argue that he wouldn't be a middle of the road starter in the NFL right now on talent alone. Bottom line that was a terrible hot take from DL717.


As I noted, you took my comment out of context.




Let’s be honest here. An NFL players personal protest shouldn’t be this controversial. The average citizen could care less because they’re busy working, caring for a family, and just getting by. I’m around hundreds of people every day, and not one of them talks about this “controversy”, and I live in football obsessed Kansas. If people aren’t talking about this in Kansas, they’re not talking about it anywhere else, other than maybe a few brief mentions.

Politicians purposely whip up these social controversies, so people aren’t focusing on the rot in Washington. They like creating division — an Us VS. Them environment. This allows them to galvanize their side, and say “See! I’m on your side - vote for me.” The real tragedy is that people are still falling for one of the oldest political tricks in the book.
 
BN747
Posts: 6540
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:02 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
DL717 wrote:
jpetekyxmd80 wrote:

Ryan Leaf career QB rating: 50.0. Just about the worst anyone could possibly have while playing a good number of games.
Colin Kaepernick career QB rating: 88.9- 18th all time
And that doesn't even account for rushing.


This just about sums up your knowledge on the topic


You’re missing the point I was making about him being toxic. All the talent in the world, otherwise toxic. Just like Ryan Leaf. Also of note, Kaepernick was playing behind the best o-line in the league at the time with a legitimate coach. Helps tremendously with stats.

Don’t take something out of context next time. You’ll be better off.

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Oh i totally understand how good he was at first as the Packers fan, and how the bloom was off the rose a few years after, as often happens in the NFL where QB get figured out, but he had a major bounce back year in 2016 and it's hard to argue that he wouldn't be a middle of the road starter in the NFL right now on talent alone. Bottom line that was a terrible hot take from DL717.


As I noted, you took my comment out of context.




Let’s be honest here. An NFL players personal protest shouldn’t be this controversial. The average citizen could care less because they’re busy working, caring for a family, and just getting by. I’m around hundreds of people every day, and not one of them talks about this “controversy”, and I live in football obsessed Kansas. If people aren’t talking about this in Kansas, they’re not talking about it anywhere else, other than maybe a few brief mentions.

Politicians purposely whip up these social controversies, so people aren’t focusing on the rot in Washington. They like creating division — an Us VS. Them environment. This allows them to galvanize their side, and say “See! I’m on your side - vote for me.” The real tragedy is that people are still falling for one of the oldest political tricks in the book.


Pretty broad stroke there, I'm pretty sure what we talk about here in SoCal doesn't quite match up to what's on the minds of Kansas. Personally ,don't see Kansas as an adequate sampling reflective of Diverse America. The entire Kaepernick episode was at the forefront of many mind, specifically minority sports fan who see the entire facade for what it is.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
cpd
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:02 am

DL717 wrote:
cpd wrote:
DL717 wrote:

He was an average QB at best and his performance collapsed after 2014. He had the right coach who was able modify a system to play to his strengths, nevermind the best o-line in football at the time. When Jim Harbaugh left (after the 2014 season), Kaepernick showed he was incapable of learning a new system or expanding what he had already learned. His success rests with Harbaugh. If Alex Smith hadn’t been knocked out of a game, the only time you’d have heard his name was in the pre-season. Anyone who thinks he was a great QB because he showed up in a Super Bowl and lost doesn’t know the sport. Kaepernick is even delusional about his own capability. The simple fact is, he’s toxic, not unlike Terrell Owens, except Owens was actually a bad ass player. Kaepernick is just a modern day version of Ryan Leaf. Don’t try and pull the “he was in the Heisman running” game either, a boat load of them have been the product of their system they were playing in that got to the NFL and choked, big time. Here is a pretty good list of them that actually won a Heisman:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gal ... ory-091415



That's not the point - the point is that some armchair expert thinks he knows better than an elite athlete. Sure, if you know better - then go out on the field and prove it. Then you can start judging. If you don't, then you don't have the right to judge. Also, why aren't you out there on the field yourself in the place of Kaepernick? I'm guessing you are capable of it, by your judgements.


By the way, I can see from your avatar you’re a cyclist. I am as well. I’m sure you never criticized a mediocre cyclist with a God complex that led the peloton for the better part of a decade because he was coached up by his dope right? Best get yourself up into that pro peloton. The tour is coming.


I don’t follow pro cycling.
 
KICT
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:54 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:53 am

stl07 wrote:
Business and politics do not mix

Obviously you aren't an oil company executive.
People are saying. Believe me.
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1542
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:21 pm

cpd wrote:

I don’t follow pro cycling.


Says the guy rolling with Dura-Ace.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1475
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:41 pm

The average person just doesn't care what the store selling them their sporting goods thinks about Colin Kaepernick. If that store doesn't carry the products they want (I have seen no evidence that Nike's products popularity has materially changed), they aren't going to shop there.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
seb146
Posts: 20234
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:46 am

I think this is partly about Kaepernick and more about online retail. I love Under Armor and K-Swiss shoes. I can not find them here. I have to order them online. I have nothing against the retailers who do carry those brands here.

I will say this does speak volumes about how the store owners think about Nike and Kaepernick. They probably don't think they can compete with online but blame Kaepernick and Nike.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12645
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:25 am

seb146 wrote:
I think this is partly about Kaepernick and more about online retail. I love Under Armor and K-Swiss shoes. I can not find them here. I have to order them online. I have nothing against the retailers who do carry those brands here.

I will say this does speak volumes about how the store owners think about Nike and Kaepernick. They probably don't think they can compete with online but blame Kaepernick and Nike.


More and more I think this is a non-story. Brick and Mortar is dying. The Under Armor store near me has nothing in it and I always order what I need online from them. They seem to be skewed heavily toward winter stuff for Medium sized people. Plus their online store is easy and it cuts their costs. In 20 years we are only to have Best Buy, Kohs's Target and Walmart.

As for Nike I added them to my boycott list but their stuff sucks anyway and they never anything I need. Kaepernick isn't going to play another down in the NFL. at 31 why risk CTE when a good money man can manage the money the NFL is going to give you for life?
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
cpd
Posts: 5956
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: Anti-Kaepernick Sporting Goods Store out of Business

Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 am

DL717 wrote:
cpd wrote:

I don’t follow pro cycling.


Says the guy rolling with Dura-Ace.


Sorry, I really, really don't follow pro cycling, I prefer to ride a bike myself and I climb the walls if I don't. You can choose to question it or you can accept it.

I'd invite you to come overseas and ride with me, but I don't think you are genuine about it. You can prove me wrong though.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, Ertro, prebennorholm, wingman and 21 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos