Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

NIKV69
Topic Author

Rep. Omar at it again.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:23 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 048379002/

Hmmm when you piss off Eliot Engel you need to assess the situation. I am actually surprised the party has not told to her to hold her tounge on this issue.
I am the Googlizer!!!

alfa164

Re: Rep. Omar at it again.

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Perhaps you should read the article first:

"On Friday, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., called on Omar to apologize for "a vile, anti-Semitic slur" she made at a town hall event in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday where she suggested Israel demands "allegiance" from American lawmakers.

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country," the congresswoman from Minnesota said in a video of the event shared on Facebook."

I don't see anything remotely anti-semitic - or wrong - about her statement. It is no secret that AIPAC - which broadly represents the interests of the current Israeli government - demands (or, perhaps more correctly, buys) the allegiance of our lawmakers, and spends huge sums to defeat anyone who doesn't toe their line.

We wouldn't accept this from any other foreign government. If it were Iran spending and getting that level of influence, we would be up at arms. Venezuela? Never! Even the Saudis don't exert this much control. How about our allies, like Great Britain or Germany? Despite their level of kinship to us, that much influence would raise red flags. I can't say I share Ms. Omar's political views, but to claim her comments were a "vile, anti-Semitic slur" is more of an attempt to shut down the discussion of a foreign government's influence than a true statement.

The $150,094 "Pro-Israel" money Congressman Engel received 2017-2018 was his largest single source of campaign funding (per his campaign finance report), and it seems to have been money well-spent.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

casinterest

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/03/ilhan-omar-accused-anti-semitic-remark-israel-criticism/3048379002/

Hmmm when you piss off Eliot Engel you need to assess the situation. I am actually surprised the party has not told to her to hold her tounge on this issue.

You really posting this ? This has been ongoing since January, and is not the first time that Engel has called out Omar for her concentration on Israel.

Omar should really evaluate, as a Junior congressional member, how best to serve her constituents. Omar needs to work on ignoring Israel for awhile, as her past comments will always put her into the anti-semetic basket for any idea she tries to advance while using Israel as an example.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 pm

For someone to say AIPAC is representing Israel is anti-Semitic? okay. I hope you are as outraged over this

https://theunitedstatesblues.com/jim-jo ... mlVxJU_yzI
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:56 pm

seb146 wrote:
For someone to say AIPAC is representing Israel is anti-Semitic? okay. I hope you are as outraged over this

https://theunitedstatesblues.com/jim-jo ... mlVxJU_yzI

[photoid][/photoid]

You don't actually he'd trash Jim Jordan, do you. That would be self-inflicting.

Look at the thread title - scary woman of color (and muslim) with power.....speaks volumes.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

bagoldex

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:45 pm

I'd have so much more respect for Israel and the Israel lobby if they weren't always making themselves the victim over the most benign criticism and imagined slights.

BN747

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:06 pm

bagoldex wrote:
I'd have so much more respect for Israel and the Israel lobby if they weren't always making themselves the victim over the most benign criticism and imagined slights.

Agreed.

Peace, Propaganda and the Promiseland...a great documentary showcasing the truth of what's happening there, a lot of Jewish/Palestinian associations that aren't broadcast to the masses.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

MaverickM11

Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:51 pm

I've read this article three times and still can't see where the "vile, anti Semitic slur" is. Can you imagine if every non lily white pure bred 'murrican threw this type of fit every time they were questioned about their allegiance to the USA? I guess when you've been the party that pushes the 'Jews funding violent immigrants pouring over the border' lie--convincing a Trump supporter to shoot up a synagogue murdering a dozen Jews--you need to deflect as much as possible. :roll:
I don't take responsibility at all

bgm

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:17 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/03/ilhan-omar-accused-anti-semitic-remark-israel-criticism/3048379002/

What did she say that was anti-semitic?

Meanwhile...

Sign Falsely Linking Muslim Congresswoman To Sept. 11 Sparks Outrage In West Virginia

A day after a sign at an event sponsored by the Republican Party of West Virginia linked one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the head of the state GOP is putting distance between the party and the poster.

The sign led to a spat, an injury, an official's resignation and potential disciplinary action against a lawmaker.

It sat on display outside the House of Delegates chamber on Friday during a series of events around the state capitol for West Virginia's GOP Day. The poster featured a photo of New York's World Trade Center, ablaze on Sep. 11, 2001 with a caption that read "'NEVER FORGET' - YOU SAID.." Just below that was a photo of Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., who wears a hijab. The caption attached to that image read, "I AM PROOF - YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN."

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/02/69969980 ... -west-virg
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:10 am

BN747 wrote:
You don't actually he'd trash Jim Jordan, do you. That would be self-inflicting.

Look at the thread title - scary woman of color (and muslim) with power.....speaks volumes.

BN747

Your usual baseless racism claim not withstandjng seems the only people she is scaring are Democrats in her own party. Keep her talking and tweeting please.
:bigthumbsup:
I am the Googlizer!!!

stl07

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:29 am

See that women who tweets what the state of Israel is doing wrong over there? She's racist!
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

BN747

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Your usual baseless racism claim not withstandjng ....

You and YOUR threads similar to this speak for themselves.
As pointed out above...where is your thread of outrage of Jim Jordan's anti-semite conduct?

Exactly, we know who...and what triggers you.

Women of color +.power...and easy recipe if there ever was one....and you act like no one notices what you are doing. Years dude...you've been at it for years.

BN747

flyguy89

Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:56 am

Yeah I read the article and I don't see where the "slur" is. I understand there's some bigoted history behind questioning the loyalty of Jews (and Catholics as well), but labeling her comments quoted in the article as anti-semitic seems like quite a stretch. I'm a big supporter of Israel, but policy arguments with regard to the state of Israel are completely fair game...and I don't think it's a secret that Israel has a pretty strong lobby in the US so I think you comfortably compartmentalize questions of policy from blanket anti-semitism.

seb146

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:16 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Your usual baseless racism claim not withstandjng seems the only people she is scaring are Democrats in her own party. Keep her talking and tweeting please.
:bigthumbsup:

It seems like the press is simply reporting before doing their job and due diligence and fact checking before publishing reports. Sounds like the current complaints about the reporting of the racist MAGA hat wearing boy and could 1000000% apply here.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:16 am

BN747 wrote:

Which threads?

Provide any of my posts that contain any racism. Not your partisan interpretation. It doesn't and hasn't washed. It's a dog whistle. Can't debate so just default to anyone who doesn't hate Trump is a member of the KKK. Most if not all are of intelligence here, this just insults it.

BN747 wrote:
As pointed out above...where is your thread of outrage of Jim Jordan's anti-semite conduct?

So because I didn't rush to be outraged of this I am a racist? :sarcastic: No. It is a total fabrication and just continues with the same old story of how to debate here.

BN747 wrote:

There we go with that scary word "trigger" again. I know it is the new buzz word on CNN and MSNBC but all it is is a smoke screen designed to try to scare people instead of discuss things rationally.

BN747 wrote:

Women of color +.power...and easy recipe if there ever was one....and you act like no one notices what you are doing. Years dude...you've been at it for years.

No sir it's been years and years of smoke screen bomb throwing whenever someone questions someone the media has coronated as the new "women of power and color" she has no power all she has done has alienated people in her own party with her overt and obvious disdain for a country she most certainly hates. It's right there if you want to see it. As for your second claim of my years and years of racism I ask you again to produce the posts in your next reply.

Oh BTW I found this interesting. Wonder if they are afraid of women of color and power too?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... el-n979106
I am the Googlizer!!!

sonicruiser

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:53 am

I must be missing something, don't know what the anti-semitic part was. Sounds like she's telling the truth about AIPAC.
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

BN747

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:39 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Which threads?

Provide any of my posts that contain any racism. Not your partisan interpretation. It doesn't and hasn't washed. It's a dog whistle. Can't debate so just default to anyone who doesn't hate Trump is a member of the KKK. Most if not all are of intelligence here, this just insults it.

BN747 wrote:

So because I didn't rush to be outraged of this I am a racist? :sarcastic: No. It is a total fabrication and just continues with the same old story of how to debate here.

BN747 wrote:

There we go with that scary word "trigger" again. I know it is the new buzz word on CNN and MSNBC but all it is is a smoke screen designed to try to scare people instead of discuss things rationally.

BN747 wrote:

No sir it's been years and years of smoke screen bomb throwing whenever someone questions someone the media has coronated as the new "women of power and color" she has no power all she has done has alienated people in her own party with her overt and obvious disdain for a country she most certainly hates. It's right there if you want to see it. As for your second claim of my years and years of racism I ask you again to produce the posts in your next reply.

Replace in the above the word 'someone' with 'I' and you got it or you can say 'we' (you aren't our only resident racist \ you know who your pals are...so do we)

I'm compiling a list, 3 topics so far in just 4 attempts....justifying your online persona is not on my list of anything to do however, it will be completed because just searching your user and racist situations (police, policy, rulings, etc requires 'search time' but in the meanwhile I already know you can't help who you are and with shit happening everyday and huge diverse campaign season under way....it's a matter of time before step in it again.

BN747

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 am

sonicruiser wrote:
I must be missing something, don't know what the anti-semitic part was. Sounds like she's telling the truth about AIPAC.

The anti-Semitic part was her criticism of AIPAC.

I've said it many, many times before - it's things like these that's fueling the antipathy towards America in the Muslim world. Unless she is advocating another Holocaust or saying that Jews are inferior, she's not being anti-Semitic just because she criticized Israeli foreign policies, and the American leaders who kowtow to said policies.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 am

BN747 wrote:

Replace in the above the word 'someone' with 'I' and you got it or you can say 'we' (you aren't our only resident racist \ you know who your pals are...so do we)

No, you continue to make the charge with nothing to back it up. Produce something instead of supposition and conjecture. Trying to frighten with the straw man is so old. :old:

BN747 wrote:

I'm compiling a list, 3 topics so far in just 4 attempts

Ok let's see them.

BN747 wrote:

....justifying your online persona is not on my list of anything to do however, it will be completed because just searching your user and racist situations (police, policy, rulings, etc requires 'search time' but in the meanwhile I already know you can't help who you are and with shit happening everyday and huge diverse campaign season under way....it's a matter of time before step in it again.

This was quite confusing but I think you mean you are not going to post anything of mine that is racist but because the Media wants Kamala Harris in the White house and she may with the help pf the DNC and media defeat Biden, Bernie and Booker and get the nomination if I take opposition to her on policy I will of course be afraid of women of color again?

Yep about right :zzz:
I am the Googlizer!!!

sonicruiser

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:16 am

Israel deserves the heat they're getting from the Netanyahu indictment and this AIPAC backlash. They've been the biggest obstacle to peace in the region for the far too long and it's time to unmask it once and for all. Just yesterday Israel got caught in a foiled missile attack against Pakistan. And people wonder why Israel gets so much hate in the region. People don't hate them for nothing, they've earned that hate through years of creating enemies across the Middle East. Whether people have the guts to challenge it is another thing. Glad to see people like Ilhan Omar leading that fight.

ORDfan101

Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:39 pm

alfa164 wrote:

"On Friday, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., called on Omar to apologize for "a vile, anti-Semitic slur" she made at a town hall event in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday where she suggested Israel demands "allegiance" from American lawmakers.

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country," the congresswoman from Minnesota said in a video of the event shared on Facebook."

I don't see anything remotely anti-semitic - or wrong - about her statement. It is no secret that AIPAC - which broadly represents the interests of the current Israeli government - demands (or, perhaps more correctly, buys) the allegiance of our lawmakers, and spends huge sums to defeat anyone who doesn't toe their line.

We wouldn't accept this from any other foreign government. If it were Iran spending and getting that level of influence, we would be up at arms. Venezuela? Never! Even the Saudis don't exert this much control. How about our allies, like Great Britain or Germany? Despite their level of kinship to us, that much influence would raise red flags. I can't say I share Ms. Omar's political views, but to claim her comments were a "vile, anti-Semitic slur" is more of an attempt to shut down the discussion of a foreign government's influence than a true statement.

The $150,094 "Pro-Israel" money Congressman Engel received 2017-2018 was his largest single source of campaign funding (per his campaign finance report), and it seems to have been money well-spent.

NOT TRUE, in fact AIPAC backed two state b4 Israel and is simply American jews lobbyi like me( I donated הבר מצווה כסף לאיפאק(

johnboy

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:34 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

The check from AIPAC is in the mail.

(Im editing this to state there are times that I believe you are unfairly being labeled racist/anti-Semitic in threads not related to Israel but it sure is hard to defend that at times).

seb146

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:43 pm

ORDfan101 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

NOT TRUE, in fact AIPAC backed two state b4 Israel and is simply American jews lobbyi like me( I donated הבר מצווה כסף לאיפאק(

That's all well and good but where are Rep. Omar's anti-Semitic remarks? What are they, word for word?

winginit

Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
ORDfan101 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

That's all well and good but where are Rep. Omar's anti-Semitic remarks? What are they, word for word?

Waiting for this answer as well with the hope that everyone here understands that criticism of the actions of the government of Israel (or it's allegedly very corrupt Prime Minister) are not inherently anti-Semitic.

910A

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:21 pm

In what is surely the most shameful decision of her current term as speaker, Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has decided that the time has come for the House to rebuke Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) for things she didn’t actually say, and ideas she didn’t actually express. In the process, Pelosi and other Democrats are helping propagate a series of misconceptions about anti-Semitism, Israel, and U.S. political debate.
Omar said during a town hall, regarding U.S. policy toward Israel, “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... d75fef51a4

Nothing in her statement reflect anti-Semitism...Because I believe the US Government shouldn't underwriting Israel does that make me anti-Semite?

winginit

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 pm

910A wrote:
In what is surely the most shameful decision of her current term as speaker, Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has decided that the time has come for the House to rebuke Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) for things she didn’t actually say, and ideas she didn’t actually express. In the process, Pelosi and other Democrats are helping propagate a series of misconceptions about anti-Semitism, Israel, and U.S. political debate.
Omar said during a town hall, regarding U.S. policy toward Israel, “I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... d75fef51a4

Nothing in her statement reflect anti-Semitism...Because I believe the US Government shouldn't underwriting Israel does that make me anti-Semite?

Bingo. Of course not. I think the government of Iran is tyrannical, oppressive, and that the world would be better without them. That makes me neither anti-Islam nor anti-Persian.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:03 am

seb146 wrote:

The house is taking it up tomorrow. Tune in.
I am the Googlizer!!!

bagoldex

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Just admit it, you can't even identify what was thought to be anti-Semitic.

bgm

Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:44 am

bagoldex wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Ding ding, we have a winner. Several posters (myself included) have asked our resident misogynist what it was she said that was anti-semitic, but have yet to get an answer.

At this point, it's pretty obvious he's just trolling.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:32 am

bagoldex wrote:

So Pelosi is doing what she is doing tomorrow for nothing? I ask you why is she doing it? Answer honestly and not some more smoke. Come on man if you can't see this woman hates Israel and the fact we treat them as friends willing to get their back when they need it and not for moneyI can't help you.

bgm wrote:
Ding ding, we have a winner. Several posters (myself included) have asked our resident misogynist what it was she said that was anti-semitic, but have yet to get an answer.

At this point, it's pretty obvious he's just trolling.

If anyone is trolling it's the people in this forum who are ignoring what is happening in the House at the moment when it comes to this woman's constant disdain for our ally, but I guess I am just making this up. :crazy:
I am the Googlizer!!!

bagoldex

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

So Pelosi is doing what she is doing tomorrow for nothing? I ask you why is she doing it? Answer honestly and not some more smoke. Come on man if you can't see this woman hates Israel and the fact we treat them as friends willing to get their back when they need it and not for moneyI can't help you.

Regardless of her feelings and tomorrow's vote, what precisely did she say that was anti-Semitic?

seb146

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:54 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So you don't know.

I thought Pelosi was a gun grabber and America hater, anyway.

Better DEMOCRATS make this rule now for ALL than wait or just shrug their shoulders and say "both sides do it so who cares".

While you are waiting for Pelosi to do with right thing for minorities in this country, please post where Omar made anti-Semitic remarks. Post them word for word. Please.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:46 am

seb146 wrote:
While you are waiting for Pelosi to do with right thing for minorities in this country, please post where Omar made anti-Semitic remarks. Post them word for word. Please.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/us/p ... itism.html
I am the Googlizer!!!

seb146

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:34 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So, she didn't say anything anti-Semitic. Thanks for finally admitting it.

winginit

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Yeesh. You really need to get your story straight here. Let's recap:

You start this thread with a link to a story that says Omar is responding to charges that she made anti-Semitic remarks. Per that article, these were her words:

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country,"

Then, upon being pressed to post word for word what Omar said that's anti-Semitic, you post an article from February?

So once again, you started this thread with a link implying that Omar had made anti-Semitic comments. Please post word for word what she said and why it is that you find it anti-Semitic if that's the case or clarify that you in fact do not think that's the case.

Or don't, and go back to hype tweeting about dog shows... to each their own I guess?

bagoldex

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:25 am

winginit wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Yeesh. You really need to get your story straight here. Let's recap:

You start this thread with a link to a story that says Omar is responding to charges that she made anti-Semitic remarks. Per that article, these were her words:

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country,"

Then, upon being pressed to post word for word what Omar said that's anti-Semitic, you post an article from February?

So once again, you started this thread with a link implying that Omar had made anti-Semitic comments. Please post word for word what she said and why it is that you find it anti-Semitic if that's the case or clarify that you in fact do not think that's the case.

Or don't, and go back to hype tweeting about dog shows... to each their own I guess?

For a guy who only has 504 followers, he sure does tweet a lot.

MSPNWA

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:14 am

We've risen to a whole new level of an alternative reality when Omar hasn't said anything anti-Semitic. There's no debating with people that simply ignore the truth.

sonicruiser

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 am

winginit wrote:
Bingo. Of course not. I think the government of Iran is tyrannical, oppressive, and that the world would be better without them. That makes me neither anti-Islam nor anti-Persian.

The Israeli government is hardly a bastion of freedom in the Middle East. Their actions in Palestine are condemnable and make them about as democratic as Russia's efforts to annex Ukraine.

ltbewr

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:29 am

The USA's political culture and its politicians are hypersensitive to any criticism of Israel and any about those of the Jewish faith. Such criticism from a person of the Islamic faith and from a person of dark skin like Rep. Omar makes compounds the sensitivity. Part of that is from our long and bad history of antisemitism as well as the historic repression and deaths of millions of Jews by governments. Then there are the pressures from AIPAC, campaign contribution monies of pro-Israel persons including Christian evangelicals as well as the history of terrorism attacks in Israel as well upon USA citizens by anti-Israel groups like the Palestinians.

College campuses in the USA are under pressure to repress the right of free speech as to critical opinions of Israel, encouraging the BDS movement, on their campuses by guest speakers, their students and faculty in parts from other students and faculty as well as fear of loss of financial contributions of rich alumni. On this site, we have seen discussions that were critical of Israel end up being shut down and removed as become too critical of Israel and some that turned to the ugly shades of antisemitism.

bgm

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:25 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
We've risen to a whole new level of an alternative reality when Omar hasn't said anything anti-Semitic. There's no debating with people that simply ignore the truth.

How about you enlighten us, oh wise one. Tell us what she said exactly that was anti-semitic?

It's like pulling teeth getting you and your partner in crime to do this simple task.

winginit

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:40 pm

Just a friendly reminder that Neo-Nazis marched through a US city chanting “Jews will not replace us”.

The President of the United States would then go on to say that some of those people or their associates were “very fine people”.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:49 pm

seb146 wrote:

I posted all the pertinent information with examples of more bigoted inflammatory comments made by her and others when it comes to Jewish people but surprise, it gets deleted. I can't help if the truth isn't popular but I am glad Pelosi has had enough and at least doing something when it comes to this person. In a way I wish they would just let her keep talking and outing herself.
I am the Googlizer!!!

seb146

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I posted all the pertinent information with examples of more bigoted inflammatory comments made by her and others when it comes to Jewish people but surprise, it gets deleted. I can't help if the truth isn't popular but I am glad Pelosi has had enough and at least doing something when it comes to this person. In a way I wish they would just let her keep talking and outing herself.

It probably was removed because what she said was not anti-Semitic. Being against the government of Israel is not anti-Semitic and saying that a pro-Israel lobbying group has money is not anti-Semitic. You say it is. It is not.

I hope Pelosi also condemns YOUR president as well for his inflammatory remarks. But, surprise, it is not hate speech when he does it.........

NIKV69
Topic Author

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
It probably was removed because what she said was not anti-Semitic. Being against the government of Israel is not anti-Semitic and saying that a pro-Israel lobbying group has money is not anti-Semitic. You say it is. It is not.

I hope Pelosi also condemns YOUR president as well for his inflammatory remarks. But, surprise, it is not hate speech when he does it.........

That was not the comment I cited. She inferred that the lobbying group was just in it for the money, referring to Jewish people in this way in an ugly stereotype and it's pejorative, inflammatory and anti-Semitic.

It's why members of her own party are taking action, If you want to not believe it and say she did nothing wrong fine but I think recent events and logic and history say otherwise. Rep Omar obviously has a very low opinion of the Jewish state and it's plain as day. As I stated I really hope she continues to fight her own party on this and keeps tweeting what she does. It's so telling.
I am the Googlizer!!!

sccutler

Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 pm

winginit wrote:
Just a friendly reminder that Neo-Nazis marched through a US city chanting “Jews will not replace us”.

The President of the United States would then go on to say that some of those people or their associates were “very fine people”.

Heavy sigh.

This, again?

Plenty of things to hold against the President, but this isn't one of them.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

winginit

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Rep Omar obviously has a very low opinion of the Jewish state and it's plain as day.

She has a very low opinion of the government and the lobbying efforts of the Jewish state and frankly so do I and many others given the swath of blatant corruption charges that were just brought against the Prime Minister. Does that make me anti-Semitic? Of course not. Hoping you understand the difference?

NIKV69 wrote:
I really hope she continues to fight her own party on this and keeps tweeting what she does. It's so telling.

We hope you keep tweeting as well. Telling and entertaining! Riveting retweet from you today!

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
That was not the comment I cited. She inferred that the lobbying group was just in it for the money, referring to Jewish people in this way in an ugly stereotype and it's pejorative, inflammatory and anti-Semitic.

She inferred no such thing. In fact, she was referring to the politicians who threatened punishment against her for speaking out against Israel, in response to a tweet by Glenn Greenwald bemoaning the fact that some people are willing to restrict free speech just to placate Israel. It is unfortunate that the Dems, rather than standing behind their fellow member, choose to force her to apologize and thus approving the fact that free speech is only applicable to anything BUT criticism of Israel.

This is why context matters.

https://imgur.com/a/eHK7ddX
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

seb146

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

So, she was talking about a lobbying group. Again:

How is that anti-Semitic?

You say "inferred" which is YOU twisting around her words. Maybe because she is openly Muslim? Why can't Muslims be pro Jew and anti Israeli government?

seb146

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:48 pm

sccutler wrote:
winginit wrote:

Heavy sigh.

This, again?

I don't want to go off on a tangent but one of those neo Nazi "very fine people" ran down and killed counter protesters. A man beat up a reporter while he watched. Still no condemnation for the foiled right wing Coast Guardsman who wanted to attack Democrats. But, yes, let's hold him to a completely different "oh, well" standard than a freshman Muslim woman in the House.....

winginit

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 am

seb146 wrote:
sccutler wrote:
winginit wrote:

Heavy sigh.

This, again?

I don't want to go off on a tangent but one of those neo Nazi "very fine people" ran down and killed counter protesters. A man beat up a reporter while he watched. Still no condemnation for the foiled right wing Coast Guardsman who wanted to attack Democrats. But, yes, let's hold him to a completely different "oh, well" standard than a freshman Muslim woman in the House.....

Telling how Republican politicians so used to their white male political bubbles obsess over a Democratic pool of elected officials who are finally becoming as diverse as the electorate they represent. Such fear.