Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Barcelo Hotel Group in Spain

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:20 pm

I will greatly appreciate if anyone from airliners.net forum members could advise me the Name and Email Address of the President of Barcelo Hotel Group? I will even be grateful to have a physical address.

Strangely, this information of a public listed company is not available on their website. Can anyone assist?

bagoldex

Re: Barcelo Hotel Group in Spain

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm

Why do you need it?

JJJ

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:35 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
I will greatly appreciate if anyone from airliners.net forum members could advise me the Name and Email Address of the President of Barcelo Hotel Group? I will even be grateful to have a physical address.

Strangely, this information of a public listed company is not available on their website. Can anyone assist?

Barcelo is family-owned and not publicly listed.

I doubt you'll find direct contact info anywhere, those who have it won't share it.

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:49 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Why do you need it?

Can I just PM you on this?

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 pm

JJJ wrote:

Thanks! I checked and it is listed under Bloomberg as a Private Company.

JJJ wrote:
I doubt you'll find direct contact info anywhere, those who have it won't share it.

In our part of the world, you can be given access to the information of a Private Company by going through the regulatory body for a token 'Extraction Fee'. It should not behave like a mafia group. That's why I am surprised by the amount of secrecy.

bagoldex

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:09 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Why do you need it?

Can I just PM you on this?

No, you can't. I don't have the name but I wouldn't give it to you even if I did. Soliciting the name, contact information and physical address of a private individual and not disclosing your reasons publicly when asked begs the question of your motivations.

JJJ

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 am

PayaLebar wrote:
JJJ wrote:

Thanks! I checked and it is listed under Bloomberg as a Private Company.

JJJ wrote:

In our part of the world, you can be given access to the information of a Private Company by going through the regulatory body for a token 'Extraction Fee'. It should not behave like a mafia group. That's why I am surprised by the amount of secrecy.

In Spain it works exactly the same.

A simple Google search will give you the names of all family members sitting on the board and their share of the company (it was in the news some months ago after the failed acquisition of NH). Personal contact details? Not so much.

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:40 am

bagoldex wrote:
No, you can't. I don't have the name but I wouldn't give it to you even if I did. Soliciting the name, contact information and physical address of a private individual and not disclosing your reasons publicly when asked begs the question of your motivations.

So, according to you, trying to obtain the Name & Address of the President of a Registered Company is a crime? So, please proceed to report me!

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:44 am

JJJ wrote:
Personal contact details? Not so much.

It is Work contact details that I need - Name, Email/Office Address.

Thanks JJJ for your kind attention!

JJJ

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
JJJ wrote:
Personal contact details? Not so much.

It is Work contact details that I need - Name, Email/Office Address.

Thanks JJJ for your kind attention!

The whole board is on its Spanish wikipedia page.

A search for Barcelo Hotel Group on google maps gives their Palma de Mallorca central offices address.

I really, really, doubt anything you address directly to either of them will actually be read by them, though.

Good luck.

BestWestern

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Infoempresa will give the full details and directors of the company. It’s a pay service. M
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

bagoldex

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:49 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

So, according to you, trying to obtain the Name & Address of the President of a Registered Company is a crime? So, please proceed to report me!

Not necessarily but it seems strange when you won't say why you need it. Was your stay at one of their hotels so horrific that you feel the need to complain to him or is it something more sinister like blackmail or stalking?

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:39 pm

JJJ wrote:
The whole board is on its Spanish wikipedia page.

That's the problem - we, Singaporeans, do not have Spanish as one of our languages.

JJJ wrote:
A search for Barcelo Hotel Group on google maps gives their Palma de Mallorca central offices address.

I managed to access the information from Bloomberg.

JJJ wrote:
I really, really, doubt anything you address directly to either of them will actually be read by them, though.

That is completely understood. However, it will be redirected to the executive in charge. Once again, my utmost gratitude JJJ!

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm

BestWestern wrote:
Infoempresa will give the full details and directors of the company. It’s a pay service. M

I don't mind the payment part but what I fear is that it will be replied in Spanish. Even my attempt to communicate with Barcelo's general email address failed to secure even an acknowledgement!

PayaLebar
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:56 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Not necessarily but it seems strange when you won't say why you need it. Was your stay at one of their hotels so horrific that you feel the need to complain to him or is it something more sinister like blackmail or stalking?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines

From the above link on Singapore Airlines (available in public domain), you will obtain the names of the:Chairman of SQ, the CEO of SQ and the address of the Corporate HQ. No secrecy there.

Let's just agree that it all boils down to different work culture? 8-)

bagoldex

Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:01 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Airlines

From the above link on Singapore Airlines (available in public domain), you will obtain the names of the:Chairman of SQ, the CEO of SQ and the address of the Corporate HQ. No secrecy there.

Let's just agree that it all boils down to different work culture? 8-)

If you needed it for business reasons you'd have been able to obtain the information through conventional means like other professional contacts you might have.

JJJ

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 pm

PayaLebar wrote:
Even my attempt to communicate with Barcelo's general email address failed to secure even an acknowledgement!

Which e-mail address? Is it a customer service issue? Investor relations? Something to do with an individual hotel?

http://www.barcelogrupo.com/en/

That's the group website, if you scroll down a bit there's are tabs with the group structure and the entire management team (there's pictures, too). The group issues annual reports (as it would be expected of a 2B€+ company).

http://www.barcelogrupo.com/wp-content/ ... t-2017.pdf

I'm not sure if it's reasonable to expect the president (or co-president in this case) of a major company to reply to an e-mail out of the blue without having been introduced through a mutual contact. These people have tight schedules and people doing nothing but organising their day-to-day. Asking about a certain member of the management like that sounds extremely Nigerian Prince-ish.

1836Sam

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:53 am

bagoldex wrote:

WELL, bagoldex, the messages will inevitably be deleted for very good reason but all I have to say is that your judiciousness was proven correct. The guy is a total nutter.

bagoldex

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:49 pm

1836Sam wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

WELL, bagoldex, the messages will inevitably be deleted for very good reason but all I have to say is that your judiciousness was proven correct. The guy is a total nutter.

I noticed. Can't say that surprises me.