continental004
Topic Author

Do we need Communism in US?

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:11 pm

I am so sick of our society that so blatantly favors the rich and corporations! Our society so passively lets the rich buy their way into the best universities, lets the rich buy their way out of justice, lets corporations have an iron grip on workers who suppress their rights and quality and life, and more! What we need to eliminate this problem is embrace COMMUNISM! A good start is to embrace people like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who fight for the PEOPLE, not for the rich and not for corporations!

The free market isn’t creating jobs (especially not quality, well-paid, full time jobs with benefits) nor is it giving much opportunity for people to lift themselves out of poverty.I have a college degree and years of consistent work experience and it is damn near impossible to find a good well-paying job. I worked at a major retailer and I missed Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (which was the last one when my grandpa was alive) all because of corporate greed. I regret not calling out. And if I chose to, there should be no repercussions for missing family holidays. **** corporate greed and **** corporate America.

I would rather live under communism than in our twisted capitalist society of the United States of AmeriKKKa.
Last edited by SQ22 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated

Blerg

Re: We need Communism.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Are you being sarcastic or are you actually serious?

If you are serious go and do some research on how people lived in Communist Eastern Europe and maybe you will get a glimpse of what you are advocating for. There is no perfect political system out there but Communism is just bad and is far more corrupt than Capitalism.

Aesma

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Nordic style social democracy is what you're looking for.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Dutchy

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:04 pm

Aesma wrote:

:checkmark:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

cjg225

Re: Do we need Communism in US?

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:09 pm

I see all the prior failures have yet to warn anyone off.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

910A

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:23 pm

Aesma wrote:

Agreed, why would anyone want to live in a communism society like the old soviet bloc, North Korea, or what China was?

NoTime

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Sure, what's a few million more dead in the name of the greater good...

fr8mech

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:28 pm

continental004 wrote:
I would rather live under communism than in our twisted capitalist society of the United States of AmeriKKKa.

Have you lived in a communist country? Or, are you just blathering about from ignorance? Please, read a history book.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

Magog

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 pm

continental004 wrote:
What we need to eliminate this problem is embrace COMMUNISM!

I have a college degree.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that your college degree is not in history. Unless you graduated from Evergreen State. Then it might be.

Pyrex

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Aesma wrote:

Yeah, good luck implementing that without a Nordic-style populace.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

noviorbis77

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:21 pm

continental004 wrote:
I am so sick of our society that so blatantly favors the rich and corporations! Our society so passively lets the rich buy their way into the best universities, lets the rich buy their way out of justice, lets corporations have an iron grip on workers who suppress their rights and quality and life, and more! What we need to eliminate this problem is embrace COMMUNISM! A good start is to embrace people like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who fight for the PEOPLE, not for the rich and not for corporations!

The free market isn’t creating jobs (especially not quality, well-paid, full time jobs with benefits) nor is it giving much opportunity for people to lift themselves out of poverty.I have a college degree and years of consistent work experience and it is damn near impossible to find a good well-paying job. I worked at a major retailer and I missed Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (which was the last one when my grandpa was alive) all because of corporate greed. I regret not calling out. And if I chose to, there should be no repercussions for missing family holidays. **** corporate greed and **** corporate America.

You could always change jobs.

Or look to better your prospects by studying.

Nothing is handed out for free, nor should it.

Redd

Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:51 pm

continental004 wrote:

Just leave the states. Move to Sweden, Norway, Denmark or Finland. A lot of Americans do, become an ex-pat and start over in a new place. America will never change, no point in getting frustrated over it.

KentB27

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Are you sure that you understand what Communism actually means? No elected politician that I am aware of is advocating for Communism in the US. If you think that Communism is what Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are pushing for then you are sorely mistaken. They are calling for the US to model itself after the Nordic countries which are free-market, Capitalist countries with large welfare states.

StarAC17

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:47 pm

continental004 wrote:

Trust me you don't want to live under communism where the government controls the means of production and has a say in basically everything a individual can do. Living in China probably wouldn't be desirable for most Americans.

I completely get your grievance and the one thing no one says is that the United States has actually forgotten how to do capitalism.

Capitalism thrives when there is competition and the US has not used the power of government to create a competitive society and have allowed mega mergers whom don't really compete with one another. Employees don't have the leverage to collectively bargain in the way that they used to and many employees don't have the leverage to demand higher wages from employers because they isn't the competition by the large multinationals for workers so they don't have to pay more because of market forces. There are some exceptions to this in industries like Tech and Finance and it also matters where you live in the country as well.

The rich and powerful have been allowed to buy politicians and write policy in the US for 40 years or so. The result of this is that the lawmakers act in their interest and not those of the voters which Bernie and AOC would like to change and we see many democrats running completely rejecting PAC money as it is a tarnish on their ability to get elected.

If you listen to Nick Hanauer who is a billionaire he actually presents some good solutions on how to balance capitalism with a social safety net.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

1836Sam

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Can’t we just kick all the deplorables out?

Tugger

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:55 pm

fr8mech wrote:
continental004 wrote:

Have you lived in a communist country? Or, are you just blathering about from ignorance? Please, read a history book.

:checkmark: "just blathering about from ignorance" :checkmark:

Not even a very good rant.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

seb146

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Hard pass, dawg.

I would love to see politicians being elected on their own merits and not how much money they can raise. I would love to see health care costs under control. I would love to see education costs under control. There are so many things that can make this great nation even greater.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seat64k

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:27 pm

1836Sam wrote:

Careful, they might make up the bulk of your tax base.

1836Sam

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:29 pm

seat64k wrote:
1836Sam wrote:

I view them more as a money suck—wasted money trying to educate the hapless and hopeless. Under communism we would be able to show them their rightful place. Plus who cares about taxes with communism? We can just print money.

seb146

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:34 pm

1836Sam wrote:
seat64k wrote:
1836Sam wrote:

I view them more as a money suck—wasted money trying to educate the hapless and hopeless. Under communism we would be able to show them their place. Plus who cares about taxes with communism? We can just print money.

The government simply prints money now so that would not change.

Republican controlled states like KY and WV and MS are already a drain on the federal government. Citizens of those states take more than they give in things like food stamps, Medicare, and disability.

1836Sam

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
1836Sam wrote:
seat64k wrote:

I view them more as a money suck—wasted money trying to educate the hapless and hopeless. Under communism we would be able to show them their place. Plus who cares about taxes with communism? We can just print money.

The government simply prints money now so that would not change.

Republican controlled states like KY and WV and MS are already a drain on the federal government. Citizens of those states take more than they give in things like food stamps, Medicare, and disability.

Under a communist US, I would definitely make KY, WV, and MS the new Puerto Ricos.

NIKV69

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:21 pm

Every person I have hired between the ages of 24 and 35 and even some older have been a disaster. Never take their eyes off their phone. Have to constantly watch them or they stop working, Always late. Never shave or groom and dress real bad. All with a huge sense of entitlement. Communism is not the answer. Work your butt off and stop playing video games. You would be surprised how things can change.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

1836Sam

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:31 pm

Who knew that Communism was associated with unseemly facial hair? I'd always associated it with other, more sinister things, but good to know.

DL717

Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:35 pm

continental004 wrote:

Not sure if serious.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

FreequentFlier

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 pm

DL717 wrote:
continental004 wrote:

Not sure if serious.

Yeah, it’s hard to tell the difference between parody and reality on the left side of a.net these days.

geologyrocks

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:01 pm

You work in retail but are surprised that you have to work during the busiest season that actually keeps them afloat?

There’s a lot of jobs that require holiday work - many of them who frequent this forum, all of whom chose their line of work.

What’s your major?

casinterest

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:03 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Every person I have hired between the ages of 24 and 35 and even some older have been a disaster. Never take their eyes off their phone. Have to constantly watch them or they stop working, Always late. Never shave or groom and dress real bad. All with a huge sense of entitlement. Communism is not the answer. Work your butt off and stop playing video games. You would be surprised how things can change.

This just seems like bad management to me. I still don't understand how you can hire that many bad employees under 35. Ours are driven and work hard.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Nice use of the broad brush. I deal with plenty of baby boomers who are entitled and refuse to do any work and can not get off their phone. Many people under 50 are frustrated and do not see much future. Crushing student debt, crushing health care costs, crusting housing costs and people like you wonder why they have an attitude and want to escape. Thanks St. Ronnie Reagan for this frustration.

casinterest

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:11 am

continental004 wrote:

Communism is not the answer. It provides no incentive for the lazy who become lazier, and no incentive for the motivated who lose motivation.

Socialism is not the answer except in places where everyone deserves the same treatment regardless of money. Namely Healthcare , Education, and Government services.

If your biggest gripe is that you have to work on a family holiday, then suck it up buttercup.

The US works on capitalism, and a bit of socialism worked in. It is a balance, and sometimes that balance goes left, and sometimes it goes right, but at then end of the day, it needs to stay that way. Communism is only for exploitation.

Super80Fan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:15 am

The only good communist is a dead one.

Maybe you're looking for a Nordic social democracy that others in this thread have posted?
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

casinterest

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:23 am

Super80Fan wrote:
The only good communist is a dead one.

Maybe you're looking for a Nordic social democracy that others in this thread have posted?

And we don't need fascism either.

NIKV69

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:09 am

seb146 wrote:

Nice use of the broad brush. .

Oh the Irony!!!!! :rotfl:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

TWA772LR

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:37 am

Communism is a fantastic idea!!! ...on paper.

I have my degree in economics and what really stuck out to me is how capitalism is very much inline with the main thought behind Darwinism, survival of the fittest. Capitalism is human nature, societies have been wanting to be better than the other societies around them since the dawn of man and you don't do that by everyone being the same and planning your economy.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

TTailedTiger

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:43 am

There's nothing stopping you from moving to a communist country. By all means, leave the US.

seahawk

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 am

You can always move to Cuba or North Korea.

DGVT

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:11 am

With general government spending standing at~38% of GDP, the US already is in the club of socialist countries. Obviously Americans don't like to admit that, as they are brainwashed to believe that they are some type of archetypal capitalist society.

Dutchy

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:25 am

DGVT wrote:
With general government spending standing at~38% of GDP, the US already is in the club of socialist countries. Obviously Americans don't like to admit that, as they are brainwashed to believe that they are some type of archetypal capitalist society.

38%? Does that include health care?

Anyhow, they must be spending it wrong looking at the state of the US public services and society.

Magog

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:16 am

Dutchy wrote:
DGVT wrote:

Anyhow, they must be spending it wrong looking at the state of the US public services and society.

Defending Europe isn’t cheap.

Dutchy

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 am

Magog wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
DGVT wrote:

Don't fall for these cheap one-liners from certain people in power. You are better than that.

Magog

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 am

Dutchy wrote:
Magog wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Don't fall for these cheap one-liners from certain people in power. You are better than that.

I’m being serious. We spend a massive amount on defense. Truly massive. Way more than any European country.

dik909

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:46 am

Pyrex wrote:
Aesma wrote:

...or Nordic style natural resources. ;)

787Driver

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm

dik909 wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
Aesma wrote:

...or Nordic style natural resources. ;)

Do you mean Norwegian style natural resources?

jcancel

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:11 pm

On one hand I concur that Stalinism is dumb.

On the other hand costs for studying have gotten ridiculously high...

noviorbis77 wrote:
continental004 wrote:

continental004
Topic Author

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:45 pm

Magog wrote:
continental004 wrote:
What we need to eliminate this problem is embrace COMMUNISM!

I have a college degree.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that your college degree is not in history. Unless you graduated from Evergreen State. Then it might be.

I actually was a history major in college (doubled with political science). History is taught with a bias in AmeriKKKa, always demonizing anything that isn't capitalist nor imperialist.

continental004
Topic Author

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:46 pm

noviorbis77 wrote:
continental004 wrote:

Changing jobs is not always easy for everyone, especially for those working low-wage jobs. They should be paid a living wage and the opportunity to have the same quality of life as salaried workers.

continental004
Topic Author

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:47 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

You sound like an overly judgmental and bitter old man boss.

continental004
Topic Author

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:48 pm

geologyrocks wrote:
You work in retail but are surprised that you have to work during the busiest season that actually keeps them afloat?

There’s a lot of jobs that require holiday work - many of them who frequent this forum, all of whom chose their line of work.

What’s your major?

Most airlines aren't an essential public service and thus can choose not to operate on holidays. El Al doesn't operate on the Jewish Sabbath. Even Ryanair doesn't fly on Christmas Day. Why shouldn' t retail employees enjoy holidays like the privileged can?

continental004
Topic Author

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:49 pm

casinterest wrote:
If your biggest gripe is that you have to work on a family holiday, then suck it up buttercup.

Check your privilege.

Magog

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:02 pm

continental004 wrote:
geologyrocks wrote:

What’s your major?

Most airlines aren't an essential public service and thus can choose not to operate on holidays. El Al doesn't operate on the Jewish Sabbath. Even Ryanair doesn't fly on Christmas Day. Why shouldn' t retail employees enjoy holidays like the privileged can?

Not trying to be a wise guy, but you can always work for Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A.

casinterest

Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:19 pm

continental004 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Check your privilege.

My privilege? Who said I don't work on family holiday's? It's the real world, and real people do real work that needs to be done.