1836Sam

Re: Sharia Law in Brunei brings harsh punishments

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:40 pm

God has Sean Hannity sent out on APB to use “straw man” as much as possible?

Slider’s whole post is a straw man, give me a break. “Islam’s given us nothing but violence” blah blah blah.

MaverickM11

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:18 pm

slider wrote:
Again, asked and answered. Stop being fatuous.

You answered nothing. Because you can't.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Zeppi

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:59 am

1836Sam wrote:
“Islam’s given us nothing but violence”

Well, to be fair, it hasn't. And neither has any other religion. All they have done is try to keep the majority of people as dumb as possible in order to maintain absolute power over them and use their twisted world views to incite division, hatred and eventually war. If it weren't for religions we'd pretty much have skipped the dark middle ages and be a good 1000 years further ahead now. A lot of knowledge the ancient cultures already possessed was proactively destroyed by religions in an effort to dumb down the population (see above), and a similar trend is now happening again. Religions are on the rise, we see bovine manure like flath earthers, anti-vaxxers and superstition rising like mushrooms everywhere. It's scary...
When I see what's going on in the world I often wish that Toba, Yellowstone or Laki do their thing sooner rather than later again to severely decimate the human population to a more healthy level for the planet and the human species itself.

TheFlyingDisk

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:21 am

Zeppi wrote:
1836Sam wrote:

Well, to be fair, it hasn't. And neither has any other religion. All they have done is try to keep the majority of people as dumb as possible in order to maintain absolute power over them and use their twisted world views to incite division, hatred and eventually war. If it weren't for religions we'd pretty much have skipped the dark middle ages and be a good 1000 years further ahead now. A lot of knowledge the ancient cultures already possessed was proactively destroyed by religions in an effort to dumb down the population (see above), and a similar trend is now happening again. Religions are on the rise, we see bovine manure like flath earthers, anti-vaxxers and superstition rising like mushrooms everywhere. It's scary...
When I see what's going on in the world I often wish that Toba, Yellowstone or Laki do their thing sooner rather than later again to severely decimate the human population to a more healthy level for the planet and the human species itself.

A lot of the evils have been done by people with no religion.

Religion is not to blame. People are. And if you think living in a world with no religion is utopia, I'm afraid it's not.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Zeppi

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:25 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Religion is not to blame. People are.

Ah, same as with guns in the US, huh? :roll:

There's no such thing as a utopia, but we would be WAY better of without religions, there's just no denying that. List me just one thing a religion has ever done for the greater good of humanity.
And please don't give me things like charitable work in Africa, the sole reason they did and still do that is to spread their bullshit there.
Then look at the sheer endless list of atrocities commited by religious institutions and groups of people acting in the name of a religion. The bodycount surpasses everything else by a long shot, but the worst of all really has been the systematic inhibition of science and its education over centuries, plus the destruction of knowlege that had already been there. I don't know how such actions can be defended in any way.

DL717

Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:37 pm

Zeppi wrote:
1836Sam wrote:

So, how much life and progress will be lost with your wish for such cataclysmic disasters?
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Zeppi

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Judging by the previous events I'd say billions. Progress not so much if any at all, as only those with the most advanced technology/knowledge would be able to survive such an event and preserve it.
The human population is already not sustainable (with religions playing a major part in the population explosion by outlawing preservatives mind you), and with its projected growth the problems only intensify. Such an event will be nature's answer to halt it. Religious poeple would probably call it an "act of god", so there's that.

CitizenJustin

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Those who can make you believe absurdities can also make you commit atrocities. The horrors we’ve committed against our fellow man for some silly ancient fairytales is the our greatest embarasment.

1836Sam

Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
A lot of the evils have been done by people with no religion.

Please, share with us a list and an associated body count so we can compare.

It's not necessarily religion, per se, but rather what people do in the name of religion.

Several illustrious members of this forum purport to speak for God on the daily.

alfa164

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:56 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Religion is not to blame. People are. And if you think living in a world with no religion is utopia, I'm afraid it's not.

Religion is not to blame. People who follow the dogmas of religion are. Weak people believe religion will bring them to utopia; I am afraid it won't.

There; I fixed it for you...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

MaverickM11

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:38 pm

alfa164 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Religion is not to blame. People who follow the dogmas of religion are. Weak people believe religion will bring them to utopia; I am afraid it won't.

Hate the sin not the sinner!
E pur si muove -Galileo

DL717

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:25 am

Zeppi wrote:
Judging by the previous events I'd say billions. Progress not so much if any at all, as only those with the most advanced technology/knowledge would be able to survive such an event and preserve it.
The human population is already not sustainable (with religions playing a major part in the population explosion by outlawing preservatives mind you), and with its projected growth the problems only intensify. Such an event will be nature's answer to halt it. Religious poeple would probably call it an "act of god", so there's that.

The kind of disasters you are suggesting would completely wreck the planet. No technology is going to help, or be preserved.

DL717

Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:26 am

alfa164 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Secular humanists believe in the dogma of utopia. Talk about weak.

Kiwirob

Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:10 am

Religion has lots of problems, one of the more recent religious issues after the Christchurch shooting is the local Super Rugby franchise the Canterbury Crusaders are being coerced/forced into rebranding, the Crusades are now bad in NZ because mentioning them is potentially insulting to Muslims.

The Police at the urging of the minister have cancelled dozens of ANZAC Day dawn ceremonies across the country due to a perceived threat. Everyone appears to forget Tarrant was a lone wolf, he had no backing, so presumably the threat to ANZAC Day commemorations can only come from Muslim extremists seeking revenge?

Pyrex

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Religion has lots of problems, one of the more recent religious issues after the Christchurch shooting is the local Super Rugby franchise the Canterbury Crusaders are being coerced/forced into rebranding, the Crusades are now bad in NZ because mentioning them is potentially insulting to Muslims.

The Police at the urging of the minister have cancelled dozens of ANZAC Day dawn ceremonies across the country due to a perceived threat. Everyone appears to forget Tarrant was a lone wolf, he had no backing, so presumably the threat to ANZAC Day commemorations can only come from Muslim extremists seeking revenge?

What a crock of shit... The crusaders were a natural reaction to Muslim invasion of the Holy Land and beyond. What next, banning croissants because they are a reminder of the unsuccessful Ottoman siege of Vienna? New Zealand is well on its way to cucking itself
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

MaverickM11

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:55 pm

Would not have guessed that the Sultan's son is a 'mo.
Omar Sharif Jr. challenges Sultan of Brunei to execute his son if gays should be stoned to death
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/04/per ... ay-people/
E pur si muove -Galileo