DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Senate Republicans Trigger ‘Nuclear Option’ to Speed up Approval of Trump Nominees

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:49 am

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/437 ... rump-picks

This bodes well for the Conservative Cause. So many activist judges to replace.

A similar resolution passed the Senate in 2013 that cut debate time for most executive nominations to eight hours and district judges to two hours. But that resolution, which passed with bipartisan support, only controlled the 113th Congress.
Last edited by DIRECTFLT on Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

1836Sam

Re: Senate Republicans Trigger ‘Nuclear Option’ to Speed up Approval of Trump Nominees

Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:51 am

Well we’ll all be looking back on our lives and what we’ve accomplished at some point, but maybe 2 of us would want to associate themselves with a glamorized Mitch McConnell in what appears to be a bathtub thinking about the “Conservative Cause,” or Sharia as I call it.

MaverickM11

Re: Senate Republicans Trigger ‘Nuclear Option’ to Speed up Approval of Trump Nominees

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:07 am

Will make packing the court so much more fun
E pur si muove -Galileo

WarRI1

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:46 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Will make packing the court so much more fun

We must remember, there are no Obama judges, or trump judges, all is well, all is fair, all are blind and impartial when making a decision. :roll: :eek:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

einsteinboricua

Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 pm

I can't wait until the Senate and White House swing to the Democrats, and see how McConnell complains by putting more op-eds about how the minority's interests must be respected. You know, because when the GOP was in the minority they NEVER obstructed a president's appointees and they ALWAYS voted to confirm without vetting.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:12 pm

So, McConnell created a problem (not allowing any judges to be seated under Obama) and he insists he is the victor for speeding up the seating process for Republicans. January 2021 will be hilarious. Watching the fake outrage from the right. Those MAGA fan boy tears will taste sweet.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

NIKV69

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you Harry Reid.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

910A

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:03 pm

After doing so much to destroy the US Senate as an institution since 2009, I would be shocked to see Sen. McConnell run for another term next year.

1836Sam

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Thank you Harry Reid.

Yep, you're right.

Mitch just had no choice in the matter whatsoever.

:sarcastic:

einsteinboricua

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm

910A wrote:
After doing so much to destroy the US Senate as an institution since 2009, I would be shocked to see Sen. McConnell run for another term next year.

You really think Kentuckians care? As long as he can own the "libtards", they'll vote him back to office. He's still running for his 6th term. I just hope a top tier Democrat emerges and calls him out. Amy McGrath can give him a run for his money. I'd gladly donate to her campaign.

casinterest

Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:49 pm

McConnell has destroyed the Senate. What an unpatriotic dishonerable coward. He Gives Trump a pass for lies and abuse, and then blames the democrats for trying to properly vet people nominated by an unstable madman.
Where ever you go, there you are.

stl07

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 pm

I can't wait until Democrats come in and declare a national emergency for a green deal and put whoever they want in the courts. The GOP only cares about precedent and the Constitution when it benefits them without thinking about the potential consequences. Stuff like this makes me very happy to no longer be an R and be an I instead. The fact that only 12 voted in the Senate to uphold democracy shows the direction of the party
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

Pyrex

Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:40 am

Seriously? Are they pissed because they only have 8 hours to discuss an appointment? 8 freaking hours? If you don't want the person in don't vote for them, don't pretend that hour 9 and onward of the debate could possibly have any impact on swinging the people who are going to vote for the nominee one way or another.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

c933103

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:25 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I can't wait until the Senate and White House swing to the Democrats, and see how McConnell complains by putting more op-eds about how the minority's interests must be respected. You know, because when the GOP was in the minority they NEVER obstructed a president's appointees and they ALWAYS voted to confirm without vetting.

What happened in the Senate in the previous presidential term?
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

1836Sam

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:51 pm

c933103 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Are you thinking about the majority (the Republicans, IIRC) refusing to carry out their constitutional duty of evaluating a Supreme Court justice?

ltbewr

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:09 pm

While many fear the greater number of 'conservative' judges to be mostly to reduce abortion rights, certain civil rights based on gender, race and ethnicity, my main fear about such judges is their overturning government regulations on the enviroment, on businesses, access to health care, education and so on.

I wish we had a better way to select our Federal Judiciary on all levels, I believe like in many states there should be a defined maximum age of to be allowed to serve (usually 70-75 years old in those states). Another recent issue is to ignore Senatorial Courtesy as to nominations to the Circuit and District Courts, but turning to Republican State Governors, and Republican officeholders (including House and Senate members) only to make nominations, not allowing as in past practice of sharing by Democrats and Republicans.

einsteinboricua

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:07 pm

1836Sam wrote:
Are you thinking about the majority (the Republicans, IIRC) refusing to carry out their constitutional duty of evaluating a Supreme Court justice?

He likely forgot McConnell's goal of making Obama "a single term president". Or McConnell's constant use of the filibuster to require 60 votes on anything (how funny that he now thinks a simple majority is good enough). Or McConnell filibustering his own bill because Democrats were united in support (and we can't have Democrats supporting anything a Republican proposes, can we?). Let's see if in 2020 another SCOTUS justice retires or dies. Let's see how McConnell's view will have evolved yet again.

c933103

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:19 am

1836Sam wrote:
c933103 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

yeah.
When no other countries around the world is going to militarily stop China and its subordinate fom abusing its citizens within its national boundary, it is unreasonable to expect those abuse can be countered with purely peaceful means.

bgm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:06 am

As much as people rail against Trump, in all honesty it's that vile piece of repugnant turtle filth Mitch McConnell that is the true evil bastard in all of this. He is the one doing actual long term damage.

I truly hope he rots in hell.
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]