Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Aloha717200
Topic Author

Trump: Wind Turbines Cause Cancer

Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Just when you think the guy couldn't up the ante on blatant misinformation and outright lies any further, he comes out with this gem:

Apparently, the "sound" of wind turbines gives you cancer.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ses-cancer

I...can't even right now. A 5th grader is smarter than our president.

He's not getting a free pass on this one, Chuck Grassley called his statement "idiotic", outlets on the left and right are weighing in, hell, even "Men's Health" got on board on calling this one out.

We really need to stop enabling his lies, especially when he tries to turn those lies into policy.

Other Sources:

USA Today:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... RevKm6N_68

WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 3ab69f8908

Men's Health:
https://www.menshealth.com/trending-new ... jgwHQDHlhU

BN747

Re: Trump: Wind Turbines Cause Cancer

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:03 pm

This will be conducted after the research into wind causing flight to be more complicated...
..and Mexico's refusal to pay for 'the Wall'.

First things first...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Dutchy

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
Just when you think the guy couldn't up the ante on blatant misinformation and outright lies any further, he comes out with this gem:

Apparently, the "sound" of wind turbines gives you cancer.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ses-cancer

I...can't even right now. A 5th grader is smarter than our president.

He's not getting a free pass on this one, Chuck Grassley called his statement "idiotic", outlets on the left and right are weighing in, hell, even "Men's Health" got on board on calling this one out.

We really need to stop enabling his lies, especially when he tries to turn those lies into policy.

Other Sources:

USA Today:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... RevKm6N_68

WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 3ab69f8908

Men's Health:
https://www.menshealth.com/trending-new ... jgwHQDHlhU

He once said that he could shoot someone at Time Square and his people would still support him. You know he is right about that. It doesn't matter how stupid he is, doesn't matter what he says, his followers will still support him.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

einsteinboricua

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Let us pray for all those folks in the Netherlands and Denmark who have to deal with wind turbines and high levels of cancer.
Last edited by einsteinboricua on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

trpmb6

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Very idiotic statement.

I've been around wind turbines, one of the farms I go to regularly is surrounded by them. I will say this - they're extremely annoying and will drive you mad if you are just sitting there listening to the nature around you. It's this repetitive swooshing sound that is a lot like the The Tell Tale Heart.

Dutchy

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:04 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Let us pray for all those folks in the Netherlands and Denmark who have to deal with win turbines and high levels of cancer.

You want to pray for two of the most atheist countries on earth, in itself funny :lol:

But thanks I guess.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

PlymSpotter

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Jeeez, the guy is a certifiable moron. It's beyond idiotic.
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

Okie

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Interesting CBS pulled their story on cell towers in school yards causing cancer shortly after it aired today. Hmmm. :stirthepot:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_morn ... radiation/

Okie

ER757

I think he just says crazy stuff like this to get attention (Lord knows he wants as much as possible) and to make his opponents flip out - he's pretty successful at that.
As much disdain as I have for this guy, I find it hard to believe he really means half the nonsense he spews. Sound from wind turbines causes cancer? C'Mon, even he knows that is silly.
And if he was actually serious, then the guys in the white coats and butterfly nets should be coming to visit him soon.

1836Sam

Okie wrote:
Interesting CBS pulled their story on cell towers in school yards causing cancer shortly after it aired today. Hmmm. :stirthepot:

Okie

Yeah, truly fascinating, brother!

Aloha717200
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:32 am

[url][/url]
Okie wrote:

Okie

Firstly: Cell tower RF waves are very unlikely to cause cancer:
https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-ca ... owers.html

Secondly: Sound waves are far from the same thing as electromagnetic waves, and do not cause cancer at all. Trump has no idea what he's talking about.

Aloha717200
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:35 am

ER757 wrote:
I think he just says crazy stuff like this to get attention (Lord knows he wants as much as possible) and to make his opponents flip out - he's pretty successful at that.
As much disdain as I have for this guy, I find it hard to believe he really means half the nonsense he spews. Sound from wind turbines causes cancer? C'Mon, even he knows that is silly.
And if he was actually serious, then the guys in the white coats and butterfly nets should be coming to visit him soon.

I think you're giving him too much credit. He lies about stupid stuff and then tries to make policies about it. Either he actually believes it, or it's a con on people to get them to belo ve this wonky crap so that he can grind his axe against the renewable energy movement.

So if you're right, and he's not serious, then he's calculating as hell, and willing to deceive people in the most ridiculous of ways, which is scary in and of itself.

seb146

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:34 am

A few years ago, the brosband and I went to Hawaii. We spent a week in Honolulu. For a first timer to Hawaii, I would recommend it.

We had a car for a week, so we spent a day driving the North Shore. The Korean food trucks, Banzai Pipeline, we drove past BYU-Hawaii and the Polynesian Cultural Center and we hiked Waimea Falls. There are some wind turbines on the hills above the canyon. The sound from the blades was annoying but I still don't have cancer. There are hundreds of wind turbines up and down the Columbia River Gorge. I/we drive past hundreds of them every time I/we visit my family. Still don't have cancer.

I get that finite fossil fuel is like the greatest resource we have and should never ever be replaces ever, according to Republicans, but, c'mon..... seriously?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seahawk

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:13 am

What he said is not so crazy. Other countries actually research it. The Danish cancer research centre „Kraeftens Bekaempelse“ has been researching this and the German "Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)" is also researching if there is a correlation between Infrasound exposure from wind turbines and cancer.

It is already fact that the noise from wind turbines increase the use of sleeping pills and anti antidepressants. https://www.thelocal.dk/20190314/noise- ... tudy-finds

The conclusion Trump presented is however not verified by any means and it is likely that he only heard about the studies and then made up the results. Or maybe in his mind it is not possible that you can research something and find out that it is no relation.

KentB27

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:50 pm

Being alive causes cancer. If you don't get cancer from one thing, you will get it from something else. We will all eventually get cancer if we live long enough. Some of us will die before we get cancer, but many of us will get cancer at some point. It's a fact of being alive.

einsteinboricua

Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:53 pm

Trump should be more concerned about being near hydroxilic acid. Pretty much everyone that has ever developed cancer had been in contact with it. The worst thing about it? It's in the air, especially during thunderstorms.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

frmrCapCadet

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:08 pm

A California academic has discussed 'bull shitting', and may have written a book on it. It is a particular way of tribal communication - and obviously effective for the president. VOX has had a couple of interviews with him - lightly edited transcripts.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

marcelh

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:31 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Let us pray for all those folks in the Netherlands and Denmark who have to deal with wind turbines and high levels of cancer.

Don’t forget Germany

1836Sam

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:44 pm

seahawk wrote:
What he said is not so crazy. Other countries actually research it. The Danish cancer research centre „Kraeftens Bekaempelse“ has been researching this and the German "Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)" is also researching if there is a correlation between Infrasound exposure from wind turbines and cancer.

It is already fact that the noise from wind turbines increase the use of sleeping pills and anti antidepressants. https://www.thelocal.dk/20190314/noise- ... tudy-finds

The conclusion Trump presented is however not verified by any means and it is likely that he only heard about the studies and then made up the results. Or maybe in his mind it is not possible that you can research something and find out that it is no relation.

Huh, yes, that must be it. Trump subscribes to Danish and German medical journals. Who knew?

cranberrysaus

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:50 pm

A3801000

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Who would have known that this caricature of a president still has enough free time to keep himself busy in between sexually molesting underage girls, dreaming to date his own daughter, raping one of his immigrant wives or sexually molesting any other women close enough to him? Anyone talking in favour of him is in on this. There are no excuses, none!

Aloha717200
Topic Author

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:42 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Trump should be more concerned about being near hydroxilic acid. Pretty much everyone that has ever developed cancer had been in contact with it. The worst thing about it? It's in the air, especially during thunderstorms.

That stuff is just as dangerous as dihydrogen monoxide! That'll be the next thing Trump bans! Thank God for our president! #MAGA!

casinterest

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Aloha717200 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

That stuff is just as dangerous as dihydrogen monoxide! That'll be the next thing Trump bans! Thank God for our president! #MAGA!

Only Trump Water can save you.
Where ever you go, there you are.

BN747

Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
Aloha717200 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

I wouldn't let my dog drink a drop of that - even if Mexico paid for a pallet of it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

casinterest

Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:55 pm

BN747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Aloha717200 wrote:

I wouldn't let my dog drink a drop of that - even if Mexico paid for a pallet of it.

BN747

But Mexico won't pay for it. You will pay with your Clean Coal money.
Where ever you go, there you are.

BN747

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
BN747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

BN747

But Mexico won't pay for it. You will pay with your Clean Coal money.

Whoa, that's even a worse offer...who knows what they'll put in it. I'll take Mexico City water over that murky impure cancer cocktail.

BN747

seahawk

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:26 pm

1836Sam wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Huh, yes, that must be it. Trump subscribes to Danish and German medical journals. Who knew?

I´d guess the people in the government would know, so somebody probably briefed him on risks of renewable energy or was tasked to dig up possible risks and that is what he remembers

1836Sam

Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:37 pm

seahawk wrote:
1836Sam wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I´d guess the people in the government would know, so somebody probably briefed him on risks of renewable energy or was tasked to dig up possible risks and that is what he remembers

Yes if there’s one thing we’ve heard about the Prez, it’s that his advisors have his ear.