BOSMEMFlyer
Topic Author
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:51 pm

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/re ... 4?rt=68538

Seems like Chick-fil-A is running into some problems at now three U.S. airports (I only knew of the problem it was getting in SAT), but it sounds like most of the other airports that already have it seem to be more than OK with the waffle fries :)

“DFW currently has three Chick-fil-A locations in three terminals,” Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport spokesperson Kori Stolar wrote in an email. “They remain busy and continue to serve our customers.”

:rotfl:
 
DALMD80
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
Thunderbolt500
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Chick fil a food better than mickeyd's or bk
 
Exeiowa
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Its probably wiser for buisnesses to stay out of morality because morality will then go into buisnesses.
 
questions
Posts: 1985
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:51 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:18 pm

DALMD80 wrote:
Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?


Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.
 
steveinbc
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:19 pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion in a free country. However if you use your position to make a stance and promote your opinion then expect pushback. My view is buy chicken for its taste not its politics.
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72
 
DALMD80
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 pm

questions wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?


Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.

True. Not the company, but the fries ;)
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
DALMD80
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:21 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion in a free country. However if you use your position to make a stance and promote your opinion then expect pushback. My view is buy chicken for its taste not its politics.

Yup. The little crusty bits. Not the politics. :spin]
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm

BOSMEMFlyer wrote:
https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/retail/pressure-mounts-to-make-some-us-airports-a-chick-fil-a-no-fly-zone-98524?rt=68538

Seems like Chick-fil-A is running into some problems at now three U.S. airports (I only knew of the problem it was getting in SAT), but it sounds like most of the other airports that already have it seem to be more than OK with the waffle fries :)

“DFW currently has three Chick-fil-A locations in three terminals,” Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport spokesperson Kori Stolar wrote in an email. “They remain busy and continue to serve our customers.”

:rotfl:


As a proud gay man I have a BIG problem with companies who go out of their way to let me know I am NOT welcome. I mean, what exactly does my sexuality have to do with your s*ittin' greasy fried chicken?!..
If you really have to take a political stance on something, then you'd better pick an argument that is conducive to better human relationships, not vice-versa. Inclusion vs exclusion. Kindness vs arrogance. Fairtrade vs commercial greediness.

I also personally have a big problem with how animals are treated at facilities that supply 'cheap' chicken to food chain outlets like these. Do some research for yourself, and then decide whether you want to have a part in this. To me KFC is no longer an option. Add into this the environmental impact of all the unnecessary packaging. And the fact that we are talking of sub-healthy junk food.

Time to think and ponder. Time we consumers start being smarter and actively decide with our wallets.
 
User avatar
Floridaguy74656
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:26 pm

Love Chik-fil-a their food is outstanding. Wish they had a location in every airport in the country. I always struggle to find decent food at an airport that isn't overly priced. But everyone who loves decent food seems to love Chik-fil-a. And by the way donating to pro-life and pro-faith causes is not anti-anything its pro what the donation is for. And we do have in the US Constitution a freedom of speech and religion. I proudly eat at Chik-fil-a as often as I please and would love to do so more often when I fly.
God Bless the United States of America
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Is it really a good idea to have a place that is closed on Sundays be a vendor at an airport? It is probably fine at larger airports where it is just one of many but at smaller airports losing one of your vendors on a busy travel day seems like a bad idea.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm

I don't go to Chick Fil A because they are always too damn busy

I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays. I bet most make more in 6 days than the other vendors do in 7.

All this virtue signaling is sicking. You have a choice eat there or don't. Their success tells you what the silent majority think
Last edited by WaywardMemphian on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Antarius
Posts: 1640
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:32 pm

Floridaguy74656 wrote:
And by the way donating to pro-life and pro-faith causes is not anti-anything its pro what the donation is for. And we do have in the US Constitution a freedom of speech and religion. I proudly eat at Chik-fil-a as often as I please and would love to do so more often when I fly.


You seem to be unclear on the concept of antonyms. Pro is by definition the opposite of anti.

And yes, we do have freedom of expression and religion. That applies to the government, not to private entities and people - so you can feel free to eat at CFA, people can also freely oppose it. People can similarly petition to ban them, while others can support them.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR MAA KTM
 
Kno
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 pm

I don’t support the morals behind CFA but I’ll go there on rare occasion when it’s the best option for food - frankly if we all give a true effort to avoid supporting morally questionable companies we’d all be making our own clothing eating from our own gardens and walking as a main form of transportation.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Floridaguy74656 wrote:
Love Chik-fil-a their food is outstanding.
No it's not. Its slightly above average fast food.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
Ziyulu
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:36 pm

I think Chick-Fil-A is overrated, but my opinion doesn't matter.
 
mcdu
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:23 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 pm

questions wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?


Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.


No one is forcing you to eat at Chick Fila. Take your business and your outrage elsewhere. What would your opinion be if people that wouldn’t eat at a restaurant because their views were deemed too liberal by their own account? Would you be up in arms at them no choosing to eat at some restaurant because it fits your own moral code?

It’s chicken and you don’t have to go there. Plenty of Starbucks out there for those don’t agree with the conservative views of chick. Just because your are the loudest view doesn’t mean you are the majority view.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:38 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays.
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
User avatar
aeromoe
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:34 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
I think Chick-Fil-A is overrated, but my opinion doesn't matter.


I've eaten there once and wasn't at all impressed. Way too expensive chicken fingers or whatever and they were as big as my...well, my pinkie.
AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR BY B6 CO CP(2) DG DL EA EI EN FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(1) OZ(2) PA PI PT QF QQ RM RO RV(1) RV(2) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(2) ZZ 9K
 
mcdu
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:23 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:40 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays.
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.


It’s one day. That’s the argument against their being allowed in airports? What about places that close even though delayed flights haven’t departed? Is that unfair also?
 
CALMSP
Posts: 2988
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:41 pm

quite pathetic that airports, which are generally part of city government are deliberately discriminating against a company/people. Hopefully CFA takes them to court on this, but guessing they'll take the high road and stay out of it.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:41 pm

mcdu wrote:
What would your opinion be if people that wouldn’t eat at a restaurant because their views were deemed too liberal by their own account?

I don't think anyone would care if a place decided to use just a plain red cup during the holiday season instead of a Christmas themed cup, do you?
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
Ziyulu
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:35 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:43 pm

I was at Austin's airport and a convenience store that advertised "Open 24/7" was closed. Is that worse than closing on a Sunday?
 
mham001
Posts: 5558
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:43 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays.
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.


Yet their employees benefit.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5431
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Married Gay man here with kids aka Proud Gay Family

I think it is un American and ridiculous to
try to ban a fast food restaurant

they are a Christian company and they are entitled to their opinions

If you don’t like them, don’t spend your money there

This is just more politically correct thought policing...and it is getting out of control in America


You have a right to your opinion and your wishes as long as they don’t affect me. me disagreeing with your opinion is not a “negative effect.” It just means we disagree
 
iad51fl
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:21 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:45 pm

questions wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?


Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.



In before this thread is closed or moved....

Show me one example where someone from the LGBT community was refused service or treated unfairly at a CFA location? In fact, there are at least 3 people I know personally who are openly gay who either work or worked for CFA and they have had zero issues.

What the owners do with the money is their own business, it is privately held and they are free to do what they want with their money. There are many businesses that give money to groups I do not agree with, but they provide a service I require and have never had any issues being treated unfairly at their businesses because of my personal views.

The only reason I could not see having CFA's in airport is the lost revenue with being closed at least 52 days a year.
Last edited by iad51fl on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoying the view of KIAH approach end of 27. 29.980548, -95.271201
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:46 pm

mham001 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays.
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.


Yet their employees benefit.

According to whom?
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Kno wrote:
I don’t support the morals behind CFA but I’ll go there on rare occasion when it’s the best option for food - frankly if we all give a true effort to avoid supporting morally questionable companies we’d all be making our own clothing eating from our own gardens and walking as a main form of transportation.


Exactly. Plus I think some of the outrage is misguided in today's "if it's on the internet it must be true" society.

There are many other large companies doing far worse things out there than CFA, even if one doesn't agree with CFA's conservative christian stance.
 
User avatar
SteveXC500
Posts: 507
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion in a free country. However if you use your position to make a stance and promote your opinion then expect pushback. My view is buy chicken for its taste not its politics.


And yet, even with being closed on Sundays, they continue to thrive.
I don't think this topic is even worth a thread.
Last edited by SteveXC500 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
LovePrunesAnet
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:49 pm

questions wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?


Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.


Sorry...the organizations that CFA has made donations to are Christian organizations who choose not to promote LGBT issues. The charities or religious institutions promote "traditional family" but do not discriminate or "oppress" anyone. The organizations offer assistance to LGBT people who can't reconcile their sexual feelings with their faith. That is hardly OPPRESSION, so no need to create incendiary drama with your choice of words. At the end of the day, CFA is free to donate to whichever political and religious organizations it chooses, just like Google, Microsoft, United Airlines, etc. But to deny them a license to have a store at the airport because of who they make charitable donations to is certainly discrimination. It is unconstitutional for government agencies or quasi-public organizations like airport authorities to exclude them for what is protected characteristic or fundamental right of religious expression.

I suppose based on your choice of exaggerated terms that you'd absolutely support an airport restaurant if it made donations to pro-Islam organizations? Or donated to Black Lives Matter? It's just that if CFA donates to a conservative organization you have a problem. There's no Oppression, get over it. We can't cherry pick favorite causes and exclude ones you may not agree with.

Expect this to end up in court. There is no place for religious or political bullying, which is EXACTLY what is happening by the SJW's who can't stand who CFA donates to...but who love their chicken.
Last edited by LovePrunesAnet on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
chicawgo
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Floridaguy74656 wrote:
Love Chik-fil-a their food is outstanding. Wish they had a location in every airport in the country. I always struggle to find decent food at an airport that isn't overly priced. But everyone who loves decent food seems to love Chik-fil-a. And by the way donating to pro-life and pro-faith causes is not anti-anything its pro what the donation is for. And we do have in the US Constitution a freedom of speech and religion. I proudly eat at Chik-fil-a as often as I please and would love to do so more often when I fly.


Yes, Chick-fil-a has the freedom to speak and donate to any causes they want. And consumers have the freedom to speak out against it and not eat there. No one is saying Chick-fil-a can't donate to organizations that oppress LGBTs.

Personally, I love Chick-fil-a and I don't think it's practical to avoid companies that may not agree with every one of your political views. Otherwise, you'd never be able to buy anything. There are thousands of LGBT people that work for Chick-fil-a and get their salary from them. Worrying about this is a waste of time when there are so many bigger inequities, inequalities and oppressive forces in our society.
 
airnorth
Posts: 364
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 pm

I vote with my dollar for a number of reasons, and have never purchased anything from CFA. I also go out of my way not to support anything made in china, that is a great way to save money! Try it one day, walk down any hardware store, or department store and only buy non chinese, I almost guarantee you will go home with all of your money intact. Plus you probably didn't need that stuff anyway!
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:53 pm

CALMSP wrote:
quite pathetic that airports, which are generally part of city government are deliberately discriminating against a company/people. Hopefully CFA takes them to court on this, but guessing they'll take the high road and stay out of it.

The high road, give me a break. Just look at all the conservative defenders CFA's virtue signaling has gotten them in this very thread. CFA knows exactly what it is doing. Their values are part of their brand and everyone knows it.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm

CALMSP wrote:
quite pathetic that airports, which are generally part of city government are deliberately discriminating against a company/people. Hopefully CFA takes them to court on this, but guessing they'll take the high road and stay out of it.


Hang on minute?Is not perhaps this company the one who is expressing a clearly discriminating opinion, and thus the local city government QUITE RIGHTLY acts in the hope of limiting the freedom of potentially discriminative businesses?
Sometimes changing perspective is all is needed to see things for what they are.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm

iad51fl wrote:
What the owners do with the money is their own business, it is privately held and they are free to do what they want with their money. There are many businesses that give money to groups I do not agree with, but they provide a service I require and have never had any issues being treated unfairly at their businesses because of my personal views.


In that case the owners should keep their stances to themselves though.
By making donations public they indubitably intend to let folks know about their anti-gay and anti-women attitudes. Whether that is because they are under the (mis)belief that their views are the morally right ones and should be spread or to ponder to right-wing conservatives as a customer base is up for discussion but also not relevant. In private they can believe whatever they want but as soon as they go public they will have to face the backlash - every action causes a reaction.

And btw their business model of closing on Sundays doesn't really help them there, it gives airports a reason to put pressure on CFA without even having to expose themselves to the whole nasty cesspool of free-speech lawsuits.
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW SJO PTY
 
airtran737
Posts: 3420
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:47 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:59 pm

The beauty of this all is that these airports have publicly discriminated an organization because of religious beliefs. That is illegal to do and they are now risking losing federal funding and being subject to litigation.

CFA has never come out and said “we hate gays” or anything else. In fact, they are usually one of the most caring members of the business community in their neighborhoods. It’s not hard to find stories of them delivering free meals to people stranded in snow storms, or opening a store on a Sunday to help first responders.

The hysteria against CFA is morning but those on the left throwing a hissy fit because some people don’t embrace their culture.
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever
 
rlwynn
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:35 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:00 pm

I think it has more to do with city or state owned airports. They can say and do what they want on thier own property. But Not on public property.
I can drive faster than you
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:01 pm

lugie wrote:
And btw their business model of closing on Sundays doesn't really help them there, it gives airports a reason to put pressure on CFA without even having to expose themselves to the whole nasty cesspool of free-speech lawsuits.
Yep. All the airport has to say is we require a place to be open 7 days a week.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
Worldair1
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:01 pm

You should google what liberal Jon Stewart had to say on this very matter several years ago. Very fair commentary.
 
Rdh3e
Posts: 3529
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 pm

I don't eat at CFA because their politics are appalling. However, from a purely business perspective having a CFA at your airport is poor business for the airport.

Airports take a % of total sales at all of the restaurants. CFA is closed on one of the busiest days of the week. If they can replace them with someone who who will do anywhere near the same amount of sales then it is a revenue bonus for the airport.

This is likely a reason they are having trouble at airports.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Floridaguy74656 wrote:
Love Chik-fil-a their food is outstanding. Wish they had a location in every airport in the country. I always struggle to find decent food at an airport that isn't overly priced. But everyone who loves decent food seems to love Chik-fil-a. And by the way donating to pro-life and pro-faith causes is not anti-anything its pro what the donation is for. And we do have in the US Constitution a freedom of speech and religion. I proudly eat at Chik-fil-a as often as I please and would love to do so more often when I fly.


You PROUDLY eat there. Wow. I'd love for you to elaborate on what makes you so proud of that.

People have freedom of speech, corporations are perhaps better off at keeping certain facts to themselves, especially when these can quickly escalate in PR disasters.

You may want to check your facts by the way: Being pro-life and pro-faith is actually akin to being strongly anti- a vast number of things in reality, including certain core egalitarian values, liberties and human rights for certain minorities.

Given how you are citing the fabled US constitution I'm wondering if you are also carrying a gun around at all times to defend your rights and your pride....
 
User avatar
Kindanew
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
I don't go to Chick Fil A because they are always too damn busy

I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays. I bet most make more in 6 days than the other vendors do in 7.

All this virtue signaling is sicking. You have a choice eat there or don't. Their success tells you what the silent majority think


Would you buy from a company that lobbies to take your rights away?
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4630
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
mham001 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.


Yet their employees benefit.

According to whom?


According to the employees themselves - their employee turnover ratio is vastly below the fast food industry average.

Also, I find it amazing that they are classified as anti-gay for defending what was the law in most of the U.S. at the time. Calling them pro-rule of law would be just as accurate.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1517
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:56 pm

Pyrex wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Yet their employees benefit.

According to whom?


According to the employees themselves - their employee turnover ratio is vastly below the fast food industry average.

Also, I find it amazing that they are classified as anti-gay for defending what was the law in most of the U.S. at the time. Calling them pro-rule of law would be just as accurate.
There was not racism in the south in the 50's and 60's. People we just pro-rule of law :roll:
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:57 pm

oldannyboy wrote:

As a proud gay man I have a BIG problem with companies who go out of their way to let me know I am NOT welcome.

Are you too proud to admit when you are wrong? Chick-Fil-A welcomes gay customers. Don’t confuse the owner’s beliefs with actual company policy.

It’s wrong for government to discriminate against a halal restaurant, so I’m struggling to see why government should discriminate against a Christian owned one.
 
User avatar
Kindanew
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:01 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
questions wrote:
DALMD80 wrote:
Who has an issue with the good ole CFA?


Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.

There is no place for religious or political bullying, which is EXACTLY what is happening by the SJW's who can't stand who CFA donates to...but who love their chicken.


And anti gay religious organisations which lobby against gay rights are not using their religion to bully people?
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9348
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays.
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.

To me it really is the Sunday issue. Most airports get a cut of the revenue stream, so any business that is closed one day, they technically lose that days cut for that restaurant. Airports typically limit competing franchises or types of food, so that one business is favored for that food (if the airport is big enough, it is for the section the business serves).

So if closed for day, people that want/prefer that food type may go outside the airport and the airport then loses the potential income.

While everyone seems to jump straight to the social issues, to me this is simply business.

Tugg
Last edited by Tugger on Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
DALMD80
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Kindanew wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
questions wrote:

Chick-Fil-A continues to give large sums of money to organizations that oppress the LGBT community.

The company’s corporate speak — We embrace all people, regardless of religion, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity. — is pure BS.

There is no place for religious or political bullying, which is EXACTLY what is happening by the SJW's who can't stand who CFA donates to...but who love their chicken.


And anti gay religious organisations which lobby against gay rights are not using their religion to bully people?


I never said I went for the politics- more the waffle fries and chicken.
You can take the boy away from aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the boy.
 
User avatar
spinkid
Posts: 1868
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2001 5:59 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:10 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
Is it really a good idea to have a place that is closed on Sundays be a vendor at an airport? It is probably fine at larger airports where it is just one of many but at smaller airports losing one of your vendors on a busy travel day seems like a bad idea.



THIS is exactly what I was thinking regarding our OUR SHARED interest in aviation. Even at the biggest airports I've walked, and walked to find a suitable food outlet, and to find one that is closed when I'm traveling on a Sunday would be extra frustrating.

the Chick Filet debate in America has been going on for a long time, and will continue to, as long as they continue to give money to the causes they support.


According to the article in 2017 they donated 1.6 Million U.S. $ to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Already, that is kind of excluding any other religion, and on top of that the athletes have to sign the below statement.

FCA’s Sexual Purity Statement
God desires His children to lead pure lives of holiness. The Bible is clear in teaching on sexual sin including sex outside of
marriage and homosexual acts. Neither heterosexual sex outside of marriage nor any homosexual act constitute an
alternative lifestyle acceptable to God.
While upholding God’s standard of holiness, FCA strongly affirms God’s love and redemptive power in the individual who
chooses to follow Him. FCA’s desire is to encourage individuals to trust in Jesus and turn away from any impure lifestyle.
1. Will you conform to the FCA’s Sexual Purity Policy? ____ Yes ____ No
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17494
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:15 pm

Everyone seems to remember that Chic Fil A hates gay people every six months...frankly I just don't understand why the food is any different from McDonalds.
Pyrex wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Yet their employees benefit.

According to whom?


According to the employees themselves - their employee turnover ratio is vastly below the fast food industry average.

Also, I find it amazing that they are classified as anti-gay for defending what was the law in most of the U.S. at the time. Calling them pro-rule of law would be just as accurate.

Just about everything Hitler did was rule of law
E pur si muove -Galileo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bennett123, Dutchy and 32 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos