SteelChair
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am

It not just the quality of the food, its how well the business is run. At least where I live, every time I go into a Chic fil A, the service is prompt and the order is correct. They blow McD and others out of the water on service imho.

I think it's ironic that people protest them. Civil liberties and all that. Freedom of expression is ok as long as you agree with me. What a bunch of hypocrites.
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:14 am

All this hysteria over a business that doesn’t actually discriminate. Life must be pretty good if this is what you get outraged about.
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4616
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:29 am

AtomicGarden wrote:
Cities have the right to give business to whoever they see fit according to their voter's belief, just like many here say that if you don't agree with CFA's or it's owner's policies you can go eat somewhere else.


Actually, no they don't. Just like they can't prevent someone from moving in if they don't like that person. Just as long as a business follows all appropriate laws (zoning, hygiene, etc.) they have no right in saying whether they can establish themselves or not.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm

Pyrex wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
Cities have the right to give business to whoever they see fit according to their voter's belief, just like many here say that if you don't agree with CFA's or it's owner's policies you can go eat somewhere else.


Actually, no they don't. Just like they can't prevent someone from moving in if they don't like that person. Just as long as a business follows all appropriate laws (zoning, hygiene, etc.) they have no right in saying whether they can establish themselves or not.

Yeah, I’d rather not return to 1930s Montgomery, Alabama. It’s odd to me that my fellow liberals are considering this. And to repeat, Chick-Fil-A serves everyone. They always have.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9262
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Magog wrote:
And to repeat, Chick-Fil-A serves everyone. They always have.

And to repeat: For an airport, no they don't. Being closed on Sunday's means they don't serve approximately 1/7th of the passengers, the customers of the airport.

If they make the business decision to be open on Sunday's in the airport and serve those customers then I fully support them being included.

It is not that complex.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Tugger wrote:
Magog wrote:
And to repeat, Chick-Fil-A serves everyone. They always have.

And to repeat: For an airport, no they don't. Being closed on Sunday's means they don't serve approximately 1/7th of the passengers, the customers of the airport.

If they make the business decision to be open on Sunday's in the airport and serve those customers then I fully support them being included.

It is not that complex.

Tugg

Don’t be so pedantic. They serve everyone when they are open. You are conflating issues. There is no evidence that they were denied a license because they were closed on Sundays. You are making things up.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9262
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Magog wrote:
Don’t be so pedantic. They serve everyone when they are open. You are conflating issues. There is no evidence that they were denied a license because they were closed on Sundays. You are making things up.

Making things up? Are they open on Sunday's? Will they be open on Sunday's in the airports? Is there not a business opportunity lost when the "chicken place" the airport bring on board is closed? If there is Popeye's or KFC bidding which will be open to serve all customers who desire a chicken sandwich versus one who won't serve 1/7 of those customers. Which do you choose?

And we are talking Delaware North denying them a location in an airport. Delaware North is making a business decision. And missing out on 1/7 of a potential income stream and not serving 1/7 of your customer base is not something they sign up.
https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/de ... s-decision

You are mixing your social justice desire with business.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17388
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:25 pm

Magog wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
AtomicGarden wrote:
Cities have the right to give business to whoever they see fit according to their voter's belief, just like many here say that if you don't agree with CFA's or it's owner's policies you can go eat somewhere else.


Actually, no they don't. Just like they can't prevent someone from moving in if they don't like that person. Just as long as a business follows all appropriate laws (zoning, hygiene, etc.) they have no right in saying whether they can establish themselves or not.

Yeah, I’d rather not return to 1930s Montgomery, Alabama. It’s odd to me that my fellow liberals are considering this. And to repeat, Chick-Fil-A serves everyone. They always have.

You're in for a surprise when you see how christianity and the bible was used to sustain 1930s Montgomery Alabama. Betcha never guess what argument they made. Go ahead, guess!
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:32 pm

greendot wrote:
Kindanew wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
There is no place for religious or political bullying, which is EXACTLY what is happening by the SJW's who can't stand who CFA donates to...but who love their chicken.


And anti gay religious organisations which lobby against gay rights are not using their religion to bully people?


Why are there gay rights and not just human rights?


Because evangelicals and Republicans have to be told gays are people too.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:58 pm

greendot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Telling a store they have to make more money is not Nazism..


Actually, the National Socialists (Nazis) marketed themselves as being pro-worker and against corporations.


Republicans market themselves as being pr-worker and against corporations, too. That makes them Nazis without a doubt!

greendot wrote:
The modern left is virtually indistinguishable from the Nazis with their book burning (shadow banning, de-platforming, Amazon Bezos censoring books he doesn't like, etc.), social justice warriors, 2nd ammendment movements, propaganda such as CNN, MSNBC, ANTIFA, and social programs that are funded through involuntary theft through taxation. Oh yes, and they were not fond of Judeo Christians either... in case you hadn't heard of those weekend resorts named Dachao and Auschwitcz. It's no wonder these left wing cities are fighting hard against CFA. Remember how hard NYC fought to keep CFA out? Their mayor used the same left wing talking points.


What books were burned by "the modern left"? What were the ACTUAL reasons Amazon "banned" books? I did a search and found highly partisan sites crying that Amazon banned books, like some anti-vaxxing books but nothing from any main stream source.

This is hilarious to me coming from supporters of "we shouldn't have to bake a cake".

"ANTIFA" means anti-facist. They are counter protesters made into a "hate group" who just happen to protest actual real living breathing Nazis.

We see actual real live video of children sleeping in dog cages, in the cold, being separated from their families. Some have even died and righties simply say "meh......" But "every life is sacred" as righties love to point out. They will not give any kind of help to women who are forced into raising children they don't want but they are forced to keep them.

CFA? Certified Financial Analyst? I did a search for that and all I could find was Certified Financial Analyst. Which, believe me, "the left" and NYC are NOT against!

I know I should not respond to posts like this but the level of misinformation is stunning......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
CALMSP
Posts: 2982
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:18 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:13 pm

Tugger wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
Last I checked, anyone can go to a CFA and partake in the consumption.

Actually that is not true. Trying going to a Chick-fil-A on Sunday and see if you can partake in consumption. And that day is selected for religious reasons alone. There are no business reasons for that. I would say "blue laws" fall into the same category.

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Who is stating "YOU'RE NOT WELCOME", the airport, or Chick Fil A?

The airports. To Chick-fil-A. And they have a sound business case for doing so.

Tugg


are you seriously saying CFA is discriminating against people b/c they choose to be open 6 days a week?
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Just to get away from the fact that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups, isn't Sunday one of the biggest travel days of the week? Imagine how much revenue the company and the airports would miss out on.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:20 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
PS. Chick Fil A proudly SERVES STRAWS. Better get busy on that front, snowflakes


I am not anti-straw; I must admit that I use them all the time. But to brag about it, as if it is something overly admiral, shows just how someone wants to create an issue to divide people and start an argument. This type of comment, and the name-calling included, is the resaon politics have become so vicious, toxic, and divisive.

Magog wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Magog wrote:
And to repeat, Chick-Fil-A serves everyone. They always have.

And to repeat: For an airport, no they don't. Being closed on Sunday's means they don't serve approximately 1/7th of the passengers, the customers of the airport. If they make the business decision to be open on Sunday's in the airport and serve those customers then I fully support them being included.
It is not that complex.
Tugg

Don’t be so pedantic. They serve everyone when they are open. You are conflating issues. There is no evidence that they were denied a license because they were closed on Sundays. You are making things up.


"Pedantic" = precise, scrupulous. He is stating a fact.. Not opening on one of the busiest days of travel is doing a disservice to the airport and its passengers.

It would help if more posters on this site were equally "pedantic".
.
.p.s. It really isn't that complex...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17388
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 pm

greendot wrote:
The modern left is virtually indistinguishable from the Nazis with their book burning (shadow banning, de-platforming, Amazon Bezos censoring books he doesn't like, etc.), social justice warriors, 2nd ammendment movements, propaganda such as CNN, MSNBC, ANTIFA, and social programs that are funded through involuntary theft through taxation. Oh yes, and they were not fond of Judeo Christians either... in case you hadn't heard of those weekend resorts named Dachao and Auschwitcz. It's no wonder these left wing cities are fighting hard against CFA. Remember how hard NYC fought to keep CFA out? Their mayor used the same left wing talking points.

We found the crazy person! And what militia are you joining us from?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9262
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm

CALMSP wrote:
Tugger wrote:
CALMSP wrote:
Last I checked, anyone can go to a CFA and partake in the consumption.

Actually that is not true. Trying going to a Chick-fil-A on Sunday and see if you can partake in consumption. And that day is selected for religious reasons alone. There are no business reasons for that. I would say "blue laws" fall into the same category.

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Who is stating "YOU'RE NOT WELCOME", the airport, or Chick Fil A?

The airports. To Chick-fil-A. And they have a sound business case for doing so.

Tugg


are you seriously saying CFA is discriminating against people b/c they choose to be open 6 days a week?

Basically no, I am not. But if some take it that way then go ahead. What I am saying is that they are not serving customers on Sunday, and this is in a place that has customers who want/need/require options 7 days a week. Doing that is their choice and that is fine, go ahead. But don't think the "no Sunday" must be accommodated by other businesses.

By the way, Seeing my comment about "blue laws" made me wonder: Do the airports in states that have blue laws have different alcohol service rules than other locations outside the airport?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4647
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:45 pm

Chick Fil A is incredibly overrated, just like a lot of foods/establishments that Southerners think are god's gift to humanity (e.g. Krispy Kreme, Blue Bell Ice Cream, etc.). It's a chicken sandwich, it's not the second coming.
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Some of the SJW posts on here about "being oppressed" by "bigots" who are "anti woman" (huh?) and discriminate/are nazis and hurt customers by not opening on Sundays:

I'll give you credit. Your hyperbolic posts are certainly entertaining LOL. Suggest you try your literary skills on a couple of threads that are always good for as many laughs as yours are getting. May I introduce you to the Detroit thread, and the AUS.thread.

PS. Chick Fil A proudly SERVES STRAWS. Better get busy on that front, snowflakes

Remember the time liberal, snowflake, SJWs destroyed their Keurigs, burned their Nikes, and boycotted Starbucks over the color of their holiday cups?
Magog wrote:
It’s odd to me that my fellow liberals are considering this. And to repeat, Chick-Fil-A serves everyone. They always have.

First, give it a rest. No one here believes you're a liberal. Second, Chick Fil A (and its predecessor) began in the Jim Crow South. Did they really always serve everyone?
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:03 pm

OA412 wrote:
Chick Fil A (and its predecessor) began in the Jim Crow South. Did they really always serve everyone?

As far as I know they’ve always served everyone. They certainly do now. Apparently my fellow liberals no longer believe in redemption too. My how we’ve changed.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9262
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Magog wrote:
OA412 wrote:
Chick Fil A (and its predecessor) began in the Jim Crow South. Did they really always serve everyone?

As far as I know they’ve always served everyone. They certainly do now. Apparently my fellow liberals no longer believe in redemption too. My how we’ve changed.

I'm sorry but :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

OK, OK.... I'm better. But thank you for that!

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
hashtagconfused
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 pm

so is everyone outraged at other businesses that are not open 7 days a week? or businesses that are not open 24 hours a day? if not being open on sunday is an excuse to ban them from an airport why are they not banned form the atlanta stadium? no one seems to be outraged about that. if they choose to be closed on one of the busiest travel days and forfeit the revenue that is their financial decision for them to deal with.
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3034
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Pyrex wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Yet their employees benefit.

According to whom?


According to the employees themselves - their employee turnover ratio is vastly below the fast food industry average.

Also, I find it amazing that they are classified as anti-gay for defending what was the law in most of the U.S. at the time. Calling them pro-rule of law would be just as accurate.


Now they’re defenders of the law.
At the time, of course :eyeroll:
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3034
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm

Magog wrote:
OA412 wrote:
Chick Fil A (and its predecessor) began in the Jim Crow South. Did they really always serve everyone?

My how we’ve changed.


Just your name dear. Every few months it seems.
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1064
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:04 pm

I wonder how many folks of African American descent that CFA has employed, indeed, how many have been managers at HQ or franchise owners, all of whom have become wealthy?

And the Jim Crow South, ah yes, all democrats, no?

Finally, it always seems ironic to me that the left, who claim to be for more freedom, more rights, "do what you wanna do," always seem to be the ones restricting the rights of other, CFA in this case.
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 705
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:11 pm

mham001 wrote:
Pretty sure the tax laws don't allow that. I recall other witch hunts of local small business owners after charitable contributions were discovered.


That is true, but then just don't donate to such organizations at all.

After all, if you want to believe what the right has to say about Gillette, Nike or musicians/sports players daring to weigh in on social issues, they're a fast food business and thus not qualified to have any political stances whatsoever.
Or, could it be *gasp*, that this is only the case when businesses or celebrities take liberal stances??? :duck:


iad51fl wrote:
lugie wrote:
And btw their business model of closing on Sundays doesn't really help them there, it gives airports a reason to put pressure on CFA without even having to expose themselves to the whole nasty cesspool of free-speech lawsuits.


Yes, those nasty 1st Amendment Constitutional lawsuits..... damn that Freedom. :roll:


What I mean by that is that it's way easier to use the business hours as justification because free speech disputes always go down the same rabbit hole - counterspeech and protest is also free speech
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW SJO PTY
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:37 pm

You know times are pretty good when the modern-day left is protesting a business for discrimination when that business doesn’t actually discriminate.
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Magog wrote:
You know times are pretty good when the modern-day left is protesting a business for discrimination when that business doesn’t actually discriminate.


I learned from another thread that Jeff Bezos burns books and bans books he does not agree with. So, every single time you buy literally anything on Amazon, you support and agree with book burning and Nazis, apparently. If you can see how that works but now how Chick-Fil-A supports anti LGBTQ groups, guess who has the problem?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Magog wrote:
You know times are pretty good when the modern-day left is protesting a business for discrimination when that business doesn’t actually discriminate.


But... but... just a few posts back you claimed you were a modern-day liberal. Did you forget which name you were using this week?

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:34 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:
You know times are pretty good when the modern-day left is protesting a business for discrimination when that business doesn’t actually discriminate.


But... but... just a few posts back you claimed you were a modern-day liberal. Did you forget which name you were using this week?

:roll:

I’m a classical liberal.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:36 pm

One of the most asked qustions about the B redo at MEM is if it will have a Chick Fil A. It is the most requested addition.
 
WaywardMemphian
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:05 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:38 pm

mcdu wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
WaywardMemphian wrote:
I imagine if CFA pays their rent and makes a profit who cares if closed on Sundays.
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.


It’s one day. That’s the argument against their being allowed in airports? What about places that close even though delayed flights haven’t departed? Is that unfair also?


The arguement is that CFA pays and makes more for the Airport minus a day vs others open 7 days the artucle about SAT even stat they can not find another that will make more for the airport.
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 1456
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:31 pm

WaywardMemphian wrote:
mcdu wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
Because if I am airside on a Sunday and want something to eat, and one of the few options is closed, that isn't exactly great for customers of the airport.


It’s one day. That’s the argument against their being allowed in airports? What about places that close even though delayed flights haven’t departed? Is that unfair also?


The arguement is that CFA pays and makes more for the Airport minus a day vs others open 7 days the artucle about SAT even stat they can not find another that will make more for the airport.

As a passenger, I don’t really care what makes more for the airport. I just want to be able to get a bite to eat before my flight. At a place like ATL, it hardly matters because there are so many choices. At a place like my closest airport, DAY, I wouldn’t want them there because the options are much more limited.

Edit: ironically enough, they are there. Take a look at the map and realize how limited your airside options are on a Sunday.
As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see, how much you'll pay for what you used to get for free.
 
greendot
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 am

seb146 wrote:
Just to get away from the fact that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups, isn't Sunday one of the biggest travel days of the week? Imagine how much revenue the company and the airports would miss out on.


What makes anyone who CFA funds a "hate group".

It sounds more like they are funding people who disagree with your worldview.
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 am

greendot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Just to get away from the fact that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups, isn't Sunday one of the biggest travel days of the week? Imagine how much revenue the company and the airports would miss out on.


What makes anyone who CFA funds a "hate group".

It sounds more like they are funding people who disagree with your worldview.


And I refuse to give them even one cent. So do others. What is wrong with that? Are we supposed to ignore they give money to anti LGBTQ groups and eat unhealthy diets? Those anti LGBTQ groups want to repeal equality laws for us. They want people to legally be able to discriminate and want to not allow us to marry who we want.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
greendot
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:12 am

seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Telling a store they have to make more money is not Nazism..


Actually, the National Socialists (Nazis) marketed themselves as being pro-worker and against corporations.


Republicans market themselves as being pr-worker and against corporations, too. That makes them Nazis without a doubt!

greendot wrote:
The modern left is virtually indistinguishable from the Nazis with their book burning (shadow banning, de-platforming, Amazon Bezos censoring books he doesn't like, etc.), social justice warriors, 2nd ammendment movements, propaganda such as CNN, MSNBC, ANTIFA, and social programs that are funded through involuntary theft through taxation. Oh yes, and they were not fond of Judeo Christians either... in case you hadn't heard of those weekend resorts named Dachao and Auschwitcz. It's no wonder these left wing cities are fighting hard against CFA. Remember how hard NYC fought to keep CFA out? Their mayor used the same left wing talking points.


What books were burned by "the modern left"? What were the ACTUAL reasons Amazon "banned" books? I did a search and found highly partisan sites crying that Amazon banned books, like some anti-vaxxing books but nothing from any main stream source.

This is hilarious to me coming from supporters of "we shouldn't have to bake a cake".

"ANTIFA" means anti-facist. They are counter protesters made into a "hate group" who just happen to protest actual real living breathing Nazis.

We see actual real live video of children sleeping in dog cages, in the cold, being separated from their families. Some have even died and righties simply say "meh......" But "every life is sacred" as righties love to point out. They will not give any kind of help to women who are forced into raising children they don't want but they are forced to keep them.

CFA? Certified Financial Analyst? I did a search for that and all I could find was Certified Financial Analyst. Which, believe me, "the left" and NYC are NOT against!

I know I should not respond to posts like this but the level of misinformation is stunning......


Actually, republicans or more specifically Conservatives, support your right to run a business as you see fit. It goes back to the liberties and limits on government placed by the Constitution. If you want to run it as an oppressive exploitive monoculture like Google, Facebook, or Amazon, you can. If you want to close on Sundays because it is your faith, you can. It's about having freedom.

So why do only "mainstream" sources only get to sell on Amazon? In case you haven't noticed, the mainstream anything is controlled by elites of various domains. Look at the mainstream media. Didn't they all think for you claiming Trump colluded with Russia? It's a good thing the non-mainstream media never got their talking points from their corporate overlords from the left. There was once an ex-KGB agent who came to the USA to work for the CIA. He was impressed with how well the USA controlled the minds of its population. He said that in Soviet Russia, they had the gulags. In the USA, we have the mainstream media.

ANTIFA has been involved in extensive terroristic action and violence in the USA. Perhaps you haven't heard of all the ANTIFA members being arrested and prosecuted for violent acts. Perhaps you missed all the violent riots. Oh yes... they are your team so the leftist media has an order not to cover this. Too much truth will stop you from agreeing with their worldview.

Why have countries if anyone can simply cross a border? If they were seeking asylum, by international convention, they had to apply for asylum in only a neighboring country. They "chose" to put their children in this situation. They "chose" to break our laws. Did you not see the mess that occurred in Europe from immigrant invasions engineered by the political class?

Those women can choose to raise those kids, seek help from others, or even put them up for adoption. Just like stupid wars, killing is killing and it's wrong.

CFA=Chik Fil A

Next you're going to tell me the Democrats are responsible for passing civil rights legislation in the USA. Hint: read the official party affiliations of who voted for what in the Library of Congress. Hint: the left always falls on the side of identity politics.
 
greendot
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:19 am

seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Just to get away from the fact that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups, isn't Sunday one of the biggest travel days of the week? Imagine how much revenue the company and the airports would miss out on.


What makes anyone who CFA funds a "hate group".

It sounds more like they are funding people who disagree with your worldview.


And I refuse to give them even one cent. So do others. What is wrong with that? Are we supposed to ignore they give money to anti LGBTQ groups and eat unhealthy diets? Those anti LGBTQ groups want to repeal equality laws for us. They want people to legally be able to discriminate and want to not allow us to marry who we want.


Don't give them money then.

And by marriage, are you referring to a religious wedding or a government one? If you are of a Judeo Christian belief, the Bible is very clear as to what sin is. If you are referring to some government document, you can have whatever you want. God isn't threatened by meaningless human law. I personally think government should get out of the marriage business altogether.
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4077
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:33 am

Rdh3e wrote:
Airports take a % of total sales at all of the restaurants. CFA is closed on one of the busiest days of the week. If they can replace them with someone who who will do anywhere near the same amount of sales then it is a revenue bonus for the airport.

The only reason CFA is allowed to operate at DFW is because they have higher-than-average weekly sales, even though they are closed one day of the week. If they didn't make more money in six days than many other food outlets do in 7, they'd be booted off. Same rationale for plenty of other airports, and for malls that typically expect their tenant to be open every day.
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:52 am

blueflyer wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
Airports take a % of total sales at all of the restaurants. CFA is closed on one of the busiest days of the week. If they can replace them with someone who who will do anywhere near the same amount of sales then it is a revenue bonus for the airport.

The only reason CFA is allowed to operate at DFW is because they have higher-than-average weekly sales, even though they are closed one day of the week. If they didn't make more money in six days than many other food outlets do in 7, they'd be booted off. Same rationale for plenty of other airports, and for malls that typically expect their tenant to be open every day.

Put another way, it’s because people want to eat there more than other places. They want to eat there so much that Chick-fil-A makes more money than the competition even when the clientele is forced to eat at the competition one day a week. I don’t eat there, and but I’m fine with a restaurant that gives their employees a guaranteed weekend day off. Liberals used to be for better working conditions for low-wage earners. Chick-fil-A delivers in that department. Nobody is going hungry at the airport on a Sunday. If I have to wait in line for a couple of extra minutes so someone can be with their children for the whole day, that is a sacrifice that I am perfectly happy to make. My fellow liberals don’t seem to understand that Chick-fil-A may have corporate ownership policies that we object to, but their actual working conditions do much more good than the harm that the owners are involved in. Somehow we have forgotten how to weigh pros and cons. It’s much easier to just hate and to punish low wage earners just to make a point.
 
Rdh3e
Posts: 3515
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:13 pm

blueflyer wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
Airports take a % of total sales at all of the restaurants. CFA is closed on one of the busiest days of the week. If they can replace them with someone who who will do anywhere near the same amount of sales then it is a revenue bonus for the airport.

The only reason CFA is allowed to operate at DFW is because they have higher-than-average weekly sales, even though they are closed one day of the week. If they didn't make more money in six days than many other food outlets do in 7, they'd be booted off. Same rationale for plenty of other airports, and for malls that typically expect their tenant to be open every day.

And you have proof of this? It's also not "vs the average" it would have to be above what a replacement in the same category and same real estate would produce." It could very well be that DFW just charges them higher rent to offset lower sales. It could also be that DFW doesn't mind as much because they have tons if food options at DFW so it doesn't inconvenience people as much when they are closed vs what that would be at smaller airports.
 
Togapower
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:47 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
It is funny how evangelicals are crying and whining because they can not discriminate based on their beliefs but when someone discriminates against evangelicals based on beliefs, there is hell to pay and how dare you discriminate against evangelicals.

Also, I don't understand the infatuation with Chick-Fil-A. You can get the same thing at McDonalds or Burger King or Wendy's seven days a week.

For the millionth time, Chick-Fil-A doesn’t discriminate. They hire gays, serve gays, etc. Again, don’t confuse the owners beliefs for actual company practices.


So the fact that the owner and board give bucket loads of money from people buying their over priced, mediocre food to anti LGBTQ groups and causes should be meaningless? whatever you say.....

You're just connecting dots here across too great a distance. In the end, chic fil a is a business that employs thousands regardless of orientation, and serves millions regardless of orientation. The vast majority of the revenue goes toward keeping the business afloat (ie paying all their workers), and of course a good chunk to the owner. The fact that this huge business has a chunk of its profits go toward the owner who then chooses to donate a chunk of that chunk to a Christian group who happens to have members with conventional biblical views that are anti-lgbt (people are phrasing these groups as if they exist solely to oppress the lgbt community when that's not the case)...do you see where I am getting at here? Your energy is better spent elsewhere if you're going to avoid an establishment with that many levels of removal from having an actual stance.
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:43 am

Togapower wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
For the millionth time, Chick-Fil-A doesn’t discriminate. They hire gays, serve gays, etc. Again, don’t confuse the owners beliefs for actual company practices.


So the fact that the owner and board give bucket loads of money from people buying their over priced, mediocre food to anti LGBTQ groups and causes should be meaningless? whatever you say.....

You're just connecting dots here across too great a distance. In the end, chic fil a is a business that employs thousands regardless of orientation, and serves millions regardless of orientation.


And those at the top still give bucket loads of money to hate groups and are forced to close on Sunday because of religion that not everyone believes in.

Remember the outrage and boycotts when any company shows two men holding hands? Same thing. It is perfectly fine to be outraged and boycott over that but how dare we be outraged and boycott this.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:34 am

I find it very simple, I do not like their policies and I do not contribute to them being able to continue them. Unfortunately many do while complaining about them, or are ignorant about what they stand for.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
apodino
Posts: 3543
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:00 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I find it very simple, I do not like their policies and I do not contribute to them being able to continue them. Unfortunately many do while complaining about them, or are ignorant about what they stand for.

I find it funny that you say that corporations treat their employees like crap in the pursuit of the almighty profit. Here is a company that that treats its employees very well, gives everyone Sundays off, treats everyone equally regardless of Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, etc, and is well known for customer service. These are all the things that liberals say they wish all companies did. Yet a company that does all these things is the subject of a boycott. I actually cannot think of too many companies that have done more for the LGBT community than Chick Fil A on top of that.

Bottom line. Chick Fil A is the type of company we need to support as they do everything right. Others include Starbucks, Costco and In N Out. Yet we choose to patronize other companies that treat their employees like dirt. And people wonder why income inequality is such a problem.
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:13 am

apodino wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I find it very simple, I do not like their policies and I do not contribute to them being able to continue them. Unfortunately many do while complaining about them, or are ignorant about what they stand for.

I find it funny that you say that corporations treat their employees like crap in the pursuit of the almighty profit. Here is a company that that treats its employees very well, gives everyone Sundays off, treats everyone equally regardless of Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, etc, and is well known for customer service. These are all the things that liberals say they wish all companies did. Yet a company that does all these things is the subject of a boycott. I actually cannot think of too many companies that have done more for the LGBT community than Chick Fil A on top of that.

Bottom line. Chick Fil A is the type of company we need to support as they do everything right. Others include Starbucks, Costco and In N Out. Yet we choose to patronize other companies that treat their employees like dirt. And people wonder why income inequality is such a problem.


Do they help pay for all their employee's health care regardless? Do they help pay for their employee's education regardless? An open gay man works for the Catholic church so the Catholic church supports all gays. That is your premise.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:45 am

seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I find it very simple, I do not like their policies and I do not contribute to them being able to continue them. Unfortunately many do while complaining about them, or are ignorant about what they stand for.

I find it funny that you say that corporations treat their employees like crap in the pursuit of the almighty profit. Here is a company that that treats its employees very well, gives everyone Sundays off, treats everyone equally regardless of Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, etc, and is well known for customer service. These are all the things that liberals say they wish all companies did. Yet a company that does all these things is the subject of a boycott. I actually cannot think of too many companies that have done more for the LGBT community than Chick Fil A on top of that.

Bottom line. Chick Fil A is the type of company we need to support as they do everything right. Others include Starbucks, Costco and In N Out. Yet we choose to patronize other companies that treat their employees like dirt. And people wonder why income inequality is such a problem.


Do they help pay for all their employee's health care regardless? Do they help pay for their employee's education regardless? An open gay man works for the Catholic church so the Catholic church supports all gays. That is your premise.

You are building straw men. It is an undeniable fact that within the sector that Chick-Fil-A lies, they treat their employees better than just about any other company.
 
KentB27
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:55 am

Ziyulu wrote:
I think Chick-Fil-A is overrated, but my opinion doesn't matter.


Their portion sizes are too small for how much money you spend.
 
greendot
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Tugger wrote:
greendot wrote:
The only way to accomplish it is by infringing on someone else's human rights.

You understand that is how ANY law works basically, right?

From laws against jaywalking to taxes to laws against beating someone to laws against excluding someone because of an identifiable trait that is normal for humans.

Tugg


So you agree?
 
seb146
Posts: 20202
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:
I find it funny that you say that corporations treat their employees like crap in the pursuit of the almighty profit. Here is a company that that treats its employees very well, gives everyone Sundays off, treats everyone equally regardless of Race, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, etc, and is well known for customer service. These are all the things that liberals say they wish all companies did. Yet a company that does all these things is the subject of a boycott. I actually cannot think of too many companies that have done more for the LGBT community than Chick Fil A on top of that.

Bottom line. Chick Fil A is the type of company we need to support as they do everything right. Others include Starbucks, Costco and In N Out. Yet we choose to patronize other companies that treat their employees like dirt. And people wonder why income inequality is such a problem.


Do they help pay for all their employee's health care regardless? Do they help pay for their employee's education regardless? An open gay man works for the Catholic church so the Catholic church supports all gays. That is your premise.

You are building straw men. It is an undeniable fact that within the sector that Chick-Fil-A lies, they treat their employees better than just about any other company.


And they still spend your money to stop equal rights. It is not that hard to understand. You think they have good tasting food and they will hire anyone so that is reason enough for you to give them your money so they can turn around and give to hate groups. So they hire gays. So what? According to your logic, Hobby Lobby is a progressive company because they hire gays, so we should shop there every chance we get.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
greendot
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:12 pm

SteelChair wrote:
I wonder how many folks of African American descent that CFA has employed, indeed, how many have been managers at HQ or franchise owners, all of whom have become wealthy?

And the Jim Crow South, ah yes, all democrats, no?

Finally, it always seems ironic to me that the left, who claim to be for more freedom, more rights, "do what you wanna do," always seem to be the ones restricting the rights of other, CFA in this case.


Also, Martin Luther King spoke heavily against race based politics, which the left stands for.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9262
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:18 pm

greendot wrote:
Tugger wrote:
greendot wrote:
The only way to accomplish it is by infringing on someone else's human rights.

You understand that is how ANY law works basically, right?

From laws against jaywalking to taxes to laws against beating someone to laws against excluding someone because of an identifiable trait that is normal for humans.

Tugg


So you agree?

Yes I agree that we live in and approve of living in a nation with laws and regulations.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17388
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:26 pm

greendot wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
I wonder how many folks of African American descent that CFA has employed, indeed, how many have been managers at HQ or franchise owners, all of whom have become wealthy?

And the Jim Crow South, ah yes, all democrats, no?

Finally, it always seems ironic to me that the left, who claim to be for more freedom, more rights, "do what you wanna do," always seem to be the ones restricting the rights of other, CFA in this case.


Also, Martin Luther King spoke heavily against race based politics, which the left stands for.

Two people who have never seen a map, and certainly never opened a history book after the 1960s
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
afcjets
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Just to get away from the fact that Chick-Fil-A funds hate groups, isn't Sunday one of the biggest travel days of the week? Imagine how much revenue the company and the airports would miss out on.


What makes anyone who CFA funds a "hate group".

It sounds more like they are funding people who disagree with your worldview.


And I refuse to give them even one cent. So do others. What is wrong with that? Are we supposed to ignore they give money to anti LGBTQ groups and eat unhealthy diets? Those anti LGBTQ groups want to repeal equality laws for us. They want people to legally be able to discriminate and want to not allow us to marry who we want.


Nothing is wrong with that, however search for Chick Fila and San Jose and you find tons of articles about gay activists putting up rainbow flags around a CFA there and saying they intend to make it the gayest restaurant in the country, which makes your boycott meaningless.

On a side note I heard CFA has the best chicken soup and I never even knew they served it. I thought I would try some after working out today since it’s near my gym and something different. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t served in a plastic or styrofoam container before I ordered it and it was so I left. They should learn from Wendy’s (chili) and the airline industry, no one wants to eat or drink something hot out of styrofoam or plastic and let the toxic chemicals creep into their food, especially people that don’t want to eat antibiotics with their chicken, which they cater to.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, ltbewr and 27 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos