seb146
Posts: 19834
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:18 am

afcjets wrote:
Nothing is wrong with that, however search for Chick Fila and San Jose and you find tons of articles about gay activists putting up rainbow flags around a CFA there and saying they intend to make it the gayest restaurant in the country, which makes your boycott meaningless.


Some people protest more overtly than I do. More power to them.

afcjets wrote:
On a side note I heard CFA has the best chicken soup and I never even knew they served it. I thought I would try some after working out today since it’s near my gym and something different. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t served in a plastic or styrofoam container before I ordered it and it was so I left. They should learn from Wendy’s (chili) and the airline industry, no one wants to eat or drink something hot out of styrofoam or plastic and let the toxic chemicals creep into their food, especially people that don’t want to eat antibiotics with their chicken, which they cater to.


I like Wendy's taco salad. If I do a chicken sandwich, it has to be grilled. Deep fat fried just does not taste right to me. Family owned, local places have really great grilled chicken sandwiches. I really want to try Zaxby's.

I know it has nothing to do with anything.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Magog
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:57 am

afcjets wrote:

On a side note I heard CFA has the best chicken soup and I never even knew they served it. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t served in a plastic or styrofoam container before I ordered it and it was so I left.

Science says that you should have enjoyed that delicious soup.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... tudy-finds
 
luckyone
Posts: 2748
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:05 pm

I rarely eat Chik-fil-A nowadays, mostly because growing up in the suburbs of Atlanta the restaurant and its food were placed on a pedestal and was considered sacred by many people, and as such we ate it all the damn time for school functions, team dinners, etc etc and I just got sick of it, and haven't eaten it much since graduating high school.
Reading this forum, and this issue on the whole with specifically Chik-fil-A brings up a lot of mixed thoughts for me. So I feel compelled to tell my story, with a few pieces of historical context.
1. I'm relatively young, and as such didn't experience any significant legal ramifications because I'm gay. A lot of people cannot say that.
2. I can count on one hand the number of years that same-sex marriage has been legal in all 50 states. Plenty of people would like to see that reversed. Plenty of people live with the memory of trying to see that happen.
3. San Antonio is one of the cities mentioned in this discussion. Texas had an active, though very rarely and inconsistently enforced "sodomy law" until 2003. 2003. I was a junior in high school, ie, not that long ago.
Again, I'm fortunate that I did not have to suffer legally from these laws. But here's my story:

I grew up in the South, in a very superficially conservative family that valued appearances and pretexts. It took me a very long time to accept what I had long known to be true, and it wasn't pretty and it wasn't easy. Part of that messy process involved telling my parents separately in two very different ways. When my mother found out, she left my home, and didn't come back for six years. I only saw my mother if we were at joint functions, and a lot of hurtful things were said to me in the interim that certainly weren't Christian in nature. Fast forward two years after telling my mother, I get a phone call that my parents have been in a physical altercation with each other, and that my mother filed a complaint, and after showing it to my father he said to her and my brother "I hope you have a happy life, goodbye." Despite being avoided, I, of course, am the one whose phone is blowing up by my mother. I tell her, I don't know how you can tolerate this, and not come to my house. She went back to my father--that day. Fine. Her decision, her right. But it made me very angry, and I told her so, but it didn't change anything. My father hasn't spoken to me since that episode, and avoids me when I visit my family, to the point where family and friends who are welcoming and accepting are starting to notice, and as angry as I can be toward my parents, I still feel compelled to take the high road and be vague and avoid direct confrontation about the topic, which is emotionally taxing. Quite frankly it hurts having to talk about it, and it makes me not want to go visit. I see these stories and reports about Chik-fil-A's political activities and I'm reminded of a lot of things I'd just rather forget.

Now, why am I spewing all of this drivel? Because for better or worse, Chik-fil-A has become a symbol to people like me and those who've had to endure far worse because of ignorance. Their reported donations to certain groups strike deep to many people, and serve as validation to and of the people who've treated us badly. Is it entirely fair? Probably not. But they did some of it to themselves when their CEO publicly stated his opinion. Does he have the right to hold that opinion? Of course. As so many who endorse conservative ideologies are prone to saying, however, the constitution protects the right to say what you want--it does not protect you from the market consequences of saying what you want. The market has moved. What's irritating is that the loudest squawkers now are people saying "you have your rights, now go play nice," while apparently blithely unaware that they want their cake and eat it to, and not face any consequences for their actions. They sanctimoniously tell others to do what they did not; to turn the other cheek. They want me and others to forget all of the hurtful things they said and did. Effectively, they don't want to be treated the way that they treated me, and treated people older than me much worse. THAT is what they are afraid of--their own tactics turned against them. The rest is just argle bargle. Is that everyone? Absolutely not. Is that Chik-fil-A? Not entirely.

Human beings are emotional creatures, and it is naive and quite frankly condescending and insulting to just expect people who were effectively disenfranchised for many years to move on. Fair or not, people are also vengeful. Some of it's understandable, and some of it's not, but either way Chik-fil-A is a target of the alphabet soup community. The smartest thing they could do is go beyond their words of inclusion, and directly acknowledge that this is a newly-enfranchised community with deep wounds and long memories. I don't feel that they should directly apologize for everything that the community experienced, but acknowledging it would go a long way to avoiding this bad press, in my humble opinion.

We can hem-haw all we want about the legal ramifications, but we're doing ourselves as a society a significant disservice if we ignore the human element of this discussion. Are we at risk of doing to others what was done to us? Absolutely. Would that be right? No. But don't insult me by pretending that everything is now magically OK and I shouldn't be concerned about how I was treated. There are people who are looking to actively return to that, and people who are affiliated with them.
Last edited by luckyone on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Magog
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Very well said. So sorry to hear about your pain. You and I both agree that the consumer base should do the talking when it comes to Chick-Fil-A. (To my knowledge, no conservative here has said otherwise.) I’m proud that the Constitution and laws give individuals freedoms, even if some of those freedoms came along quite late and even if we have some progress still to make. Freedom can be messy because we won’t always agree with each other, but eroding freedom is not the answer to disagreement. Individual freedom is something that should be kept vibrantly alive.

I hope that your family situation improves, but if it doesn’t, I hope that you find the peace that you deserve.
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4030
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Rdh3e wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
Rdh3e wrote:
Airports take a % of total sales at all of the restaurants. CFA is closed on one of the busiest days of the week. If they can replace them with someone who who will do anywhere near the same amount of sales then it is a revenue bonus for the airport.

The only reason CFA is allowed to operate at DFW is because they have higher-than-average weekly sales, even though they are closed one day of the week. If they didn't make more money in six days than many other food outlets do in 7, they'd be booted off. Same rationale for plenty of other airports, and for malls that typically expect their tenant to be open every day.

And you have proof of this? It's also not "vs the average" it would have to be above what a replacement in the same category and same real estate would produce." It could very well be that DFW just charges them higher rent to offset lower sales. It could also be that DFW doesn't mind as much because they have tons if food options at DFW so it doesn't inconvenience people as much when they are closed vs what that would be at smaller airports.

Proof of what? That DFW grants them an exception from the required 7-day-a-week opening? I'd think having three outlets at the airport would be proof enough. To be fair, it's not an absolute exception, both had to make concessions. CFA must stay open as required by the airport when there is a significant number of passengers stranded overnight, even if that means operating from Saturday evening into Sunday...

Beyond the airport, there's the 2018 QSR Magazine ranking. CFA has the highest average sales per location at $4 mil. Whataburger, Panera, McD are next at 2.7 each. The second chicken restaurant on the list is Zaxby's, with $2.3.
https://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/2018-qsr-50
Inadequate healthcare killing more than illegal immigrants, that's a national emergency
Opioid crisis killing more than illegal immigrants, that's a national emergency
Would-be king who can't figure this out, that's a national emergency
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9087
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 pm

blueflyer wrote:
Beyond the airport, there's the 2018 QSR Magazine ranking. CFA has the highest average sales per location at $4 mil. Whataburger, Panera, McD are next at 2.7 each. The second chicken restaurant on the list is Zaxby's, with $2.3.
https://www.qsrmagazine.com/reports/2018-qsr-50

You cannot compare "beyond the airport" with "the airport". We all know and understand an airport is an island unto itself. People don't drop by while they are out or deiced to go there for a meal. Airports provide a needed service and that service that is the reason for anyone who is there to be there.

There is no normal competition between businesses and shops within the facility and even less so airside, beyond security. It is a curated selection based of the need to provide other needed services to an isolated population while they are there.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
afcjets
Posts: 2603
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:08 am

Magog wrote:
afcjets wrote:

On a side note I heard CFA has the best chicken soup and I never even knew they served it. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t served in a plastic or styrofoam container before I ordered it and it was so I left.

Science says that you should have enjoyed that delicious soup.
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... tudy-finds


It’s not BPA (most plastics are BPA free now) it’s phthalates, etc.

BTW, your same source also says this:

“We've long cautioned consumers to avoid extreme heat and cooling for plastics, to discard scratched and worn plastics and we feel like this [study] validates one of our many concerns.”

https://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/13419620 ... -chemicals
 
LovePrunesAnet
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Mon May 06, 2019 2:39 am

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
It is funny how evangelicals are crying and whining because they can not discriminate based on their beliefs but when someone discriminates against evangelicals based on beliefs, there is hell to pay and how dare you discriminate against evangelicals.

Also, I don't understand the infatuation with Chick-Fil-A. You can get the same thing at McDonalds or Burger King or Wendy's seven days a week.

For the millionth time, Chick-Fil-A doesn’t discriminate. They hire gays, serve gays, etc. Again, don’t confuse the owners beliefs for actual company practices.


So the fact that the owner and board give bucket loads of money from people buying their over priced, mediocre food to anti LGBTQ groups and causes should be meaningless? whatever you say.....


Stated before, but will say it again, CFA's donation recipients aren't "Anti-LGBT groups" simply because they disagree with LGBT groups. You're injecting the word "anti" as virtue signaling that one side (your side) is more virtuous than the other. What's next, your outrage at what CFA owners hear at church. What their pastors teach, etc.? (Here's an idea for you, since you're worried about religious "zealots" hating and "oppressing" LGBT folks: do you monitor what militant imams are preaching to their islamic worshipers? :idea: It would be far better a use of your outrage in the Muslim community rather than the Chick Fil A community since under Islamic law homosexuality is, you know, punishable by death. But hey, if the waffle fries are more offensive than people who want to KILL folks for same sex behavior, then have at it, show us how angry you are at Chick Fil A. Show us that Virtue, Bro)

seb146 wrote:
"ANTIFA" means anti-facist. They are counter protesters made into a "hate group" who just happen to protest actual real living breathing Nazis....
I know I should not respond to posts like this but the level of misinformation is stunning......


Agreed, the level of misinformation, YOUR misinformation, is stunning. Antifa is the very thing they claim to be against. Violent protests of speech they don't want to hear, even though the speech is protected by the first amendment. Hey seb, never a good look when the people you're defending have to wear a mask because they're afraid to show their face. No reason to wear a mask or hide your face if you have a noble cause. Duh.

Let's see, what other group do we know of that historically wears masks and attacks people? :scratchchin: Here's a hint: One of their members was a US Senator. A DEMOCRATIC us senator. Robert Byrd. Byrd also filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act that all the southern US Dem Senators opposed. And yes, famous Byrd was the democrat's famous KKK senator. You're on the wrong side of history and the facts, old seb.

Here are some links which I doubt you'll read, but they prove you're wrong.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnq3RrCYG54 undercover with Antifa (spraying people with materials, assaulting with blunt objects like fire extinguishers, instigating fights, blocking traffic, beating up drivers who don't "obey" antifa, burning flags, breaking windows of stores, preventing universities from hosting guest speakers. RIGHT ON BRO, you know how to choose the noble side. :roll:

By the way, the restaurant industry is impressed by the financials of Chick Fil A's strategy, including that of being closed on Sundays. Apparently they make 4 TIMES the amount of sales in 6 days that Kentucky Fried Chicken makes in 7.
https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.co ... -chick-fil
https://www.inc.com/john-eades/chick-fi ... iness.html


The more you know!
 
seb146
Posts: 19834
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Mon May 06, 2019 4:15 am

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
For the millionth time, Chick-Fil-A doesn’t discriminate. They hire gays, serve gays, etc. Again, don’t confuse the owners beliefs for actual company practices.


So the fact that the owner and board give bucket loads of money from people buying their over priced, mediocre food to anti LGBTQ groups and causes should be meaningless? whatever you say.....


Stated before, but will say it again, CFA's donation recipients aren't "Anti-LGBT groups" simply because they disagree with LGBT groups. You're injecting the word "anti" as virtue signaling that one side (your side) is more virtuous than the other. What's next, your outrage at what CFA owners hear at church. What their pastors teach, etc.? (Here's an idea for you, since you're worried about religious "zealots" hating and "oppressing" LGBT folks: do you monitor what militant imams are preaching to their islamic worshipers? :idea: It would be far better a use of your outrage in the Muslim community rather than the Chick Fil A community since under Islamic law homosexuality is, you know, punishable by death. But hey, if the waffle fries are more offensive than people who want to KILL folks for same sex behavior, then have at it, show us how angry you are at Chick Fil A. Show us that Virtue, Bro)

seb146 wrote:
"ANTIFA" means anti-facist. They are counter protesters made into a "hate group" who just happen to protest actual real living breathing Nazis....
I know I should not respond to posts like this but the level of misinformation is stunning......


Agreed, the level of misinformation, YOUR misinformation, is stunning. Antifa is the very thing they claim to be against. Violent protests of speech they don't want to hear, even though the speech is protected by the first amendment. Hey seb, never a good look when the people you're defending have to wear a mask because they're afraid to show their face. No reason to wear a mask or hide your face if you have a noble cause. Duh.

Let's see, what other group do we know of that historically wears masks and attacks people? :scratchchin: Here's a hint: One of their members was a US Senator. A DEMOCRATIC us senator. Robert Byrd. Byrd also filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act that all the southern US Dem Senators opposed. And yes, famous Byrd was the democrat's famous KKK senator. You're on the wrong side of history and the facts, old seb.

Here are some links which I doubt you'll read, but they prove you're wrong.
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnq3RrCYG54 undercover with Antifa (spraying people with materials, assaulting with blunt objects like fire extinguishers, instigating fights, blocking traffic, beating up drivers who don't "obey" antifa, burning flags, breaking windows of stores, preventing universities from hosting guest speakers. RIGHT ON BRO, you know how to choose the noble side. :roll:

By the way, the restaurant industry is impressed by the financials of Chick Fil A's strategy, including that of being closed on Sundays. Apparently they make 4 TIMES the amount of sales in 6 days that Kentucky Fried Chicken makes in 7.
https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.co ... -chick-fil
https://www.inc.com/john-eades/chick-fi ... iness.html


The more you know!


Fine, bro. CFA gives money to stop LGBTQ from having a voice and gaining equal rights. These hate groups... er... "Christian family groups" spread lies and misinformation about LGBTQ people like we are pedophiles and we just want to marry animals. Further, these hate... "family groups" back legislation time and again to make LGBTQ people second class citizens.

The more you know bro.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9087
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Mon May 06, 2019 4:23 am

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
By the way, the restaurant industry is impressed by the financials of Chick Fil A's strategy, including that of being closed on Sundays. Apparently they make 4 TIMES the amount of sales in 6 days that Kentucky Fried Chicken makes in 7.

And yet all the earnings still leave one full days worth of passengers, the airport's customers who can't just leave and go across the street, unserved!

The more you know!

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
LovePrunesAnet
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Mon May 06, 2019 5:07 am

seb146 wrote:

Fine, bro. CFA gives money to stop LGBTQ from having a voice and gaining equal rights. These hate groups... er... "Christian family groups" spread lies and misinformation about LGBTQ people like we are pedophiles and we just want to marry animals. Further, these hate... "family groups" back legislation time and again to make LGBTQ people second class citizens.

The more you know bro.

Virtue Signal alert!
Dude, give the strawman you're building a rest. NOBODY is "stopping LGBTQ from having a voice". :liar: Labeling Christian family groups as "hate groups" is so "SPLC". I'm sure you're familiar with them? Your words are dripping with disdain.

I don't know who did or said what to you in your past to you that make you so angry and have such a large chip on your shoulder, but you will have a much easier time in life if you just get along with folks rather than smear people you disagree with, Giving the name "hate group" to a Christian family organization waters down the effect of labeling a group who truly hates you as a hate group. Like the Sharia law folks, which you conveniently opted not to address. But whatever, bro. Churches are not the KKK or antifa, so save your ammo and don't cry wolf.

When you can't be honest about who the groups are and what they do, the ones that Chick Fil A donates to, then sure, go with smearing them as a "hate group" that somehow keeps you from "having a voice" or gaining equal rights. When you know being honest will make you look weak, sure, just use name calling. Way to go dude. Super brave, you're a killer debater. :roll: You do get a participation trophy though.

Marriage equality is a thing bro. Nobody is taking that away. Yet you're still PO'd. Give it a rest, virtue dude.


Tugger wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
By the way, the restaurant industry is impressed by the financials of Chick Fil A's strategy, including that of being closed on Sundays. Apparently they make 4 TIMES the amount of sales in 6 days that Kentucky Fried Chicken makes in 7.

And yet all the earnings still leave one full days worth of passengers, the airport's customers who can't just leave and go across the street, unserved!

The more you know!

Tugg




Hi Tugg
Sounds like you aren't familiar with current airports from your post. There's these great things called retail dining areas, food courts, where there are lots of choices. Next time you are at an airport on a Sunday and can't get your fix of Chick Fil A (because we know you want some), there will be about 3 or maybe even 30 other choices. You know the best part? You don't even need to go "across the street." They are usually about 10 feet away or just down the hall. The airports are ecstatic because even closed 1/7 of the time, the other 6 days they are operating at 4x normal rate (4x the money for the airport!) vs the competitors open 7 days. :idea:

Oh and since you're not a frequent flier, you'll want to be sure to not bring any explosives or dangerous items like lithium batteries or put any vaping devices in your check in luggage, and no weapons without a permit.
Welcome to 2019 and the wonderful world of travel. Enjoy the sweet tea the other 6 days.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9087
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Thu May 16, 2019 2:29 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Tugger wrote:
LovePrunesAnet wrote:
By the way, the restaurant industry is impressed by the financials of Chick Fil A's strategy, including that of being closed on Sundays. Apparently they make 4 TIMES the amount of sales in 6 days that Kentucky Fried Chicken makes in 7.

And yet all the earnings still leave one full days worth of passengers, the airport's customers who can't just leave and go across the street, unserved!

The more you know!

Tugg




Hi Tugg
Sounds like you aren't familiar with current airports from your post. There's these great things called retail dining areas, food courts, where there are lots of choices. Next time you are at an airport on a Sunday and can't get your fix of Chick Fil A (because we know you want some), there will be about 3 or maybe even 30 other choices. You know the best part? You don't even need to go "across the street." They are usually about 10 feet away or just down the hall. The airports are ecstatic because even closed 1/7 of the time, the other 6 days they are operating at 4x normal rate (4x the money for the airport!) vs the competitors open 7 days. :idea:

Oh Hi LovePrunes,
I see you are not familiar with how airports often contract with food services in manner that, in general, minimizes or controls competition. So if there is a burger joint, they won't put another one in the same food court area (or concourse or whatever). Go walk through DFW or DEN or SEA etc. and take a look at the restaurants in the different areas. You'll see Burger King in one place and not McD's, then go down to the next food court and there is a McD's but no other national burger joint. This is part of the deal, in the contract that is done with the food company, they don't want much direct competition.

I have noticed that chicken is a fairly particular one, where there is a Popeye's there won't be another chicken place (sure there may be a Wendy's or some such that also serves chicken options but they are not considered a direct competitor - and even then I am sure you have noticed that some restaurants will serve a limited menu and not their full menu options). The airports tend to go by food types, and I basically guarantee that Popeye's nor Chick-fil-a will contract to have their direct competitor right next to them (would you?).

Also your idea that having a Chick-fil-a will add to their food dollars total take ignores the whole point you are trying to make which is that airports are closed systems basically, a microcosm of market dynamics. Unlike the outside world, you don't have a regional pool of diners making a daily decision to go to their favorite restaurant, you have a subset of customers who are moving through the available food options making a quick decision of what they want to get. If one burger joint isn't available then passengers will choose another burger option so the money delta is reduced to near zero. The issue is "food types" and people who want chicken or burgers, will generally want go with that option, and if that option is available are they likely to be OK with it. But if the restaurant is closed.... well you just might lose those dollars.

Airport management companies do actually study this stuff.
:wave:

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
LovePrunesAnet
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:04 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

Hi Tugg
I'm actually quite familiar with how airports work, but thanks for checking
Happy to report the monkeying around with Chick Fil A and airports was just outlawed
Now in TX, where San Antonio booted CFA, it's now illegal to discriminate against businesses for religious contributions they made.
Mmm, tasty victory
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-l ... bt-members

And to make the victory even Tastier, the airport is now under federal investigation for religious discrimination
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/air ... il-airport
Last edited by LovePrunesAnet on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:43 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Hi Tugg
I'm actually quite familiar with how airports work, but thanks for checking Happy to report the monkeying around with Chick Fil A and airports was just outlawed Now in TX, where San Antonio booted CFA, it's now illegal to discriminate against businesses for religious contributions they made. Mmm, tasty victory
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-l ... bt-members


Well, you gotta admit... the Texas Legislature is the best that money can buy....

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17191
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Fine, bro. CFA gives money to stop LGBTQ from having a voice and gaining equal rights. These hate groups... er... "Christian family groups" spread lies and misinformation about LGBTQ people like we are pedophiles and we just want to marry animals. Further, these hate... "family groups" back legislation time and again to make LGBTQ people second class citizens.

The more you know bro.

Virtue Signal alert!
Dude, give the strawman you're building a rest. NOBODY is "stopping LGBTQ from having a voice". :liar: Labeling Christian family groups as "hate groups" is so "SPLC". I'm sure you're familiar with them? Your words are dripping with disdain.

You understand "christian" anything is the definition of virtue signaling? Nearly *everyone* in this administration is in part trying to stop the LGBTQ community from having a voice--evangelical christians #1 priority is to be able to discriminate against them and withhold healthcare and now prolong orphans' misery by not adopting to them (or Catholics or Jews or *whispers* blacks or whatever the good lordt strikes them as being evyl that day). Show me a secular group that does the same thing to christians around the world that these "christian family groups" do to LGBTQ people and I will donate $1000 to it right. now. I'll even do it in your name in all caps.

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Antifa is the very thing they claim to be against. Violent protests of speech they don't want to hear, even though the speech is protected by the first amendment. Hey seb, never a good look when the people you're defending have to wear a mask because they're afraid to show their face. No reason to wear a mask or hide your face if you have a noble cause. Duh.

Let's see, what other group do we know of that historically wears masks and attacks people? :scratchchin: Here's a hint: One of their members was a US Senator. A DEMOCRATIC us senator. Robert Byrd. Byrd also filibustered the 1964 Civil Rights Act that all the southern US Dem Senators opposed. And yes, famous Byrd was the democrat's famous KKK senator. You're on the wrong side of history and the facts, old seb.

Oh no not antifaaaaaaaaaaaa so scaryyyyyyyyyyyyyy. Hold on to your bibul and gunz they're coming for you! Of course all extremist murders in 2018 were right wing and antifa has committed *checks notes* zero murders, ever. But definitely let them occupy your brain rent free brah! Also thanks for the history lesson reminding everyone within earshot you have no idea what you're talking about. Guess every last Southern Democrat up 'n swapped places with those racist Northerners, but still remain members of #confederatestatueslivesmatter.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
janders
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Chick-fil-A Hits Turbulence At Three U.S. Airports

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:12 pm

FAA is investigating San Antonio and Buffalo over potential violations of Federal airport governance laws and discriminatory airport leasing practices.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/26/us/chick ... index.html
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos