MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17507
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm

"The FBI arrested a Flora Vista, N.M., man Saturday on a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition as controversy continues over his group’s patrols along the U.S.-Mexico border near Sunland Park.

The patrols have included detaining undocumented immigrants crossing into the U.S."

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/ ... nppH9KRRLU
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12680
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm

How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
Airstud
Posts: 4654
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:03 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:


That's not what he was arrested for. He was arrested for illegal firearms possession.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:04 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:


Did you Read the Article?

He was a felon. He never should have had a gun.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:10 pm

These idiots also record themselves impersonating federal LEOs. They can’t cut it in real life, so they play cop instead. #IncelLife
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12680
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:


Did you Read the Article?

He was a felon. He never should have had a gun.


I did read it, the undertones are not that he is a felon.

This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum," the ACLU wrote.

I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:40 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:


Did you Read the Article?

He was a felon. He never should have had a gun.


I did read it, the undertones are not that he is a felon.

This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum," the ACLU wrote.

I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


You can't understand why we don;t want armed people detaining others? Seriously?

How about I come to your house and arrest you for trafficking drugs with a AR-15?
Would you accept that?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:31 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:


Did you Read the Article?

He was a felon. He never should have had a gun.


I did read it, the undertones are not that he is a felon.

This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum," the ACLU wrote.

I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


If he had already been convicted of a felony and owns firearms, he is, by definition, felon in possession of a firearm.

Unregulated vigilantes detaining people at gunpoint is kidnapping. Just because they call themselves a militia does not mean they are a legal and regulated militia per the Constitution.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12680
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:23 pm

casinterest wrote:


How about I come to your house and arrest you for trafficking drugs with a AR-15?
Would you accept that?


These men are not arresting people entering the country illegally, border patrol is. As for your false scenario if I am a drug dealer I don't like anyone trying to stop me from making money illegally and would probably shoot it out with you. Just as these people who feel they don't have to go though a port of entry and ask for asylum do.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
winginit
Posts: 2550
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Just as these people who feel they don't have to go though a port of entry and ask for asylum do.


The people who 'feel' they don't have to go through a port of entry to seek asylum? You don't have to enter a country through a port of entry to seek asylum. That's the law.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9016
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:30 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


How about I come to your house and arrest you for trafficking drugs with a AR-15?
Would you accept that?


These men are not arresting people entering the country illegally, border patrol is. As for your false scenario if I am a drug dealer I don't like anyone trying to stop me from making money illegally and would probably shoot it out with you. Just as these people who feel they don't have to go though a port of entry and ask for asylum do.


These men are not trained in detention and deescalation or processing. They also have no had background checks, and at the end of the day are taking federal law into their own hands. They are not legal, and what would happen if one of these immigrants walked away? Would these guys shoot? What if these Militia men are blatant racists and do kidnap people?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
910A
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:46 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


Well for starters: he has a 2006 felony conviction for impersonating an officer and felony firearm possession in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
1986 - “felony of false pretenses,” or fraud, in Midland County, Michigan

These militia types in Arizona have a long history of robbery, sexual charges against children, another was charged and convicted of murder...These people are not who you want as neighbors. Some examples:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... /86948200/
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... na-murders
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-mi ... smugglers/
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:09 pm

910A wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


Well for starters: he has a 2006 felony conviction for impersonating an officer and felony firearm possession in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
1986 - “felony of false pretenses,” or fraud, in Midland County, Michigan

These militia types in Arizona have a long history of robbery, sexual charges against children, another was charged and convicted of murder...These people are not who you want as neighbors. Some examples:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... /86948200/
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... na-murders
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-mi ... smugglers/


The same could be said about illegals and the coyotes that traffic them in illegally...so your advocating for a wall?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:25 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:


How about I come to your house and arrest you for trafficking drugs with a AR-15?
Would you accept that?


These men are not arresting people entering the country illegally, border patrol is. As for your false scenario if I am a drug dealer I don't like anyone trying to stop me from making money illegally and would probably shoot it out with you. Just as these people who feel they don't have to go though a port of entry and ask for asylum do.


They can not arrest people walking through the desert. Instead, these vigilantes are detaining people. Kidnapping. Holding people against their will. They have no legal right to do so. Border patrol, county sheriff, state patrol have the legal right to do so.

What you are saying, Nik, is that if I see someone walking down the street with a baggie of white powder, I have every right to point a gun at them and tie them up? Are you sure about that?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2651
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:28 pm

There isn't any way to spin what they were doing in a positive light. They were at best intimidating people and at worse kidnapping. Simple as that.
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 pm

This is a sad state of affairs that people resort to taking the law into their own hands because the congress can't do their job and close up the loopholes in the immigration laws that prevent our border from being secure. I'm not blaming either party so much, but with some of the Democrats, trying to railroad our POTUS is more important than doing the job they were elected to do.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17507
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:14 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:

Those famously not-racist armed right wingnut militias.... :rotfl:

LittleSprocket wrote:
910A wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


Well for starters: he has a 2006 felony conviction for impersonating an officer and felony firearm possession in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
1986 - “felony of false pretenses,” or fraud, in Midland County, Michigan

These militia types in Arizona have a long history of robbery, sexual charges against children, another was charged and convicted of murder...These people are not who you want as neighbors. Some examples:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... /86948200/
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... na-murders
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-mi ... smugglers/


The same could be said about illegals and the coyotes that traffic them in illegally...so your advocating for a wall?

*You're....as in you're not making any sense

stratclub wrote:
This is a sad state of affairs that people resort to taking the law into their own hands because the congress can't do their job and close up the loopholes in the immigration laws that prevent our border from being secure. I'm not blaming either party so much, but with some of the Democrats, trying to railroad our POTUS is more important than doing the job they were elected to do.

What do you think democrats were elected to do?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
johns624
Posts: 2171
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:

I did read it, the undertones are not that he is a felon.

This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum," the ACLU wrote.

I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?
What the ACLU said is irrelevant. The ACLU didn't arrest him, the state of New Mexico did.
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:49 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:

Those famously not-racist armed right wingnut militias.... :rotfl:

LittleSprocket wrote:
910A wrote:

Well for starters: he has a 2006 felony conviction for impersonating an officer and felony firearm possession in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
1986 - “felony of false pretenses,” or fraud, in Midland County, Michigan

These militia types in Arizona have a long history of robbery, sexual charges against children, another was charged and convicted of murder...These people are not who you want as neighbors. Some examples:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... /86948200/
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... na-murders
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/arizona-mi ... smugglers/


The same could be said about illegals and the coyotes that traffic them in illegally...so your advocating for a wall?

*You're....as in you're not making any sense

stratclub wrote:
This is a sad state of affairs that people resort to taking the law into their own hands because the congress can't do their job and close up the loopholes in the immigration laws that prevent our border from being secure. I'm not blaming either party so much, but with some of the Democrats, trying to railroad our POTUS is more important than doing the job they were elected to do.

What do you think democrats were elected to do?

1. - Legislate fairly and impartially for the good of their constituents and our country.
2. - Not continue with their viscous and despicable hate campaign to destroy the President.

If the Democrats could do those two things, I would be overjoyed.

The fact that the self proclaimed Militia ever got to a place that they felt it necessary to take up arms to prevent illegals from over running their borders and our borders in mass is so sad because our government for the most part is not doing what it is paid to do to keep our country, a sovereign nation, safe from people invading our country en mass.

It sure says volumes when what some might consider to be an unregulated mob secures part of our border because our government is failing to take the border problem seriously. What do the laws say about citizens arrest? Apparently no law was broken by the Militia for detaining illegals and turning them over to border patrol. The Militias leader was arrested because he is a felon and did posses firearms which is his crime, not a crime of the militia.

Of course the Lunatic Left media is going to put a spin on the event so that they can craft a false narrative about the incident and scream it at the top of their lungs.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:13 am

stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:

Those famously not-racist armed right wingnut militias.... :rotfl:

LittleSprocket wrote:

The same could be said about illegals and the coyotes that traffic them in illegally...so your advocating for a wall?

*You're....as in you're not making any sense

stratclub wrote:
This is a sad state of affairs that people resort to taking the law into their own hands because the congress can't do their job and close up the loopholes in the immigration laws that prevent our border from being secure. I'm not blaming either party so much, but with some of the Democrats, trying to railroad our POTUS is more important than doing the job they were elected to do.

What do you think democrats were elected to do?

1. - Legislate fairly and impartially for the good of their constituents and our country.
2. - Not continue with their viscous and despicable hate campaign to destroy the President.

If the Democrats could do those two things, I would be overjoyed.

The fact that the self proclaimed Militia ever got to a place that they felt it necessary to take up arms to prevent illegals from over running their borders and our borders in mass is so sad because our government for the most part is not doing what it is paid to do to keep our country, a sovereign nation, safe from people invading our country en mass.

It sure says volumes when what some might consider to be an unregulated mob secures part of our border because our government is failing to take the border problem seriously. What do the laws say about citizens arrest? Apparently no law was broken by the Militia for detaining illegals and turning them over to border patrol. The Militias leader was arrested because he is a felon and did posses firearms which is his crime, not a crime of the militia.

Of course the Lunatic Left media is going to put a spin on the event so that they can craft a false narrative about the incident and scream it at the top of their lungs.


No spin needed. Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs are okay in your book, and even better because they’d kiss Stephen Miller’s feet given the chance. That says it all.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17507
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:03 am

stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
How dare anyone try to stop anyone from entering illegally! They are racist! :duck:

Those famously not-racist armed right wingnut militias.... :rotfl:

LittleSprocket wrote:

The same could be said about illegals and the coyotes that traffic them in illegally...so your advocating for a wall?

*You're....as in you're not making any sense

stratclub wrote:
This is a sad state of affairs that people resort to taking the law into their own hands because the congress can't do their job and close up the loopholes in the immigration laws that prevent our border from being secure. I'm not blaming either party so much, but with some of the Democrats, trying to railroad our POTUS is more important than doing the job they were elected to do.

What do you think democrats were elected to do?

1. - Legislate fairly and impartially for the good of their constituents and our country.
2. - Not continue with their viscous and despicable hate campaign to destroy the President.

1. You first.
2. That's not what they were elected to do.

stratclub wrote:
The fact that the self proclaimed Militia ever got to a place that they felt it necessary to take up arms to prevent illegals from over running their borders and our borders in mass is so sad because our government for the most part is not doing what it is paid to do to keep our country, a sovereign nation, safe from people invading our country en mass.

Armed right wing militias are a tale as old as time, and have little to do with what is going on Congress right now, but glad you agree republicans will give a pass to any lawbreaker as long as they're one of their own.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 am

Aaron747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Those famously not-racist armed right wingnut militias.... :rotfl:


*You're....as in you're not making any sense


What do you think democrats were elected to do?

1. - Legislate fairly and impartially for the good of their constituents and our country.
2. - Not continue with their viscous and despicable hate campaign to destroy the President.

If the Democrats could do those two things, I would be overjoyed.

The fact that the self proclaimed Militia ever got to a place that they felt it necessary to take up arms to prevent illegals from over running their borders and our borders in mass is so sad because our government for the most part is not doing what it is paid to do to keep our country, a sovereign nation, safe from people invading our country en mass.

It sure says volumes when what some might consider to be an unregulated mob secures part of our border because our government is failing to take the border problem seriously. What do the laws say about citizens arrest? Apparently no law was broken by the Militia for detaining illegals and turning them over to border patrol. The Militias leader was arrested because he is a felon and did posses firearms which is his crime, not a crime of the militia.

Of course the Lunatic Left media is going to put a spin on the event so that they can craft a false narrative about the incident and scream it at the top of their lungs.


No spin needed. Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs are okay in your book, and even better because they’d kiss Stephen Miller’s feet given the chance. That says it all.

No, I'm not endorsing illegal acts by an informal Militia, just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals and our federal government could care less. I would much rather see our government do the job they were elected to do and keep our nations borders secure.

New Mexico does allow informal state Militias according to specific rules of conduct so if the Militia was acting within those rules detaining illegal trespassers to our country and holding them for the border patrol, then no crime was committed by them. It is unfortunate that some informal Militia members think breaking the law is O.K.

Your reference to "Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs" is the type of thing that the Lunatic left just love to put a spin on so they can advance their twisted narrative, truth be damned. If you want anything that resembles the truth, stop drinking the Kool-Aid of the Democrats and the Lunatic Lefts CNN and MSNBC.

Check out the actions of New Mexico's imbecile Democratic Governor. https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/69193734 ... eral-level
Last edited by stratclub on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 am

stratclub wrote:
No, I'm not endorsing illegal acts by an informal Militia, just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals and our federal government could care less. I would much rather see our government do the job they were elected to do and keep our nations borders secure.

New Mexico does allow informal state Militias according to specific rules of conduct so if the Militia was acting within those rules detaining illegal trespassers to our country, then no crime was committed by them. It is unfortunate that some informal Militia members think breaking the law is O.K.

Your reference to "Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs" is the type of thing that the Lunatic left just love to put a spin on so they can advance their twisted narrative, truth be damned. If you want anything that resembles the truth, stop drinking the Kool-Aid of the Democrats and the Lunatic Lefts CNN and MSNBC.


Were these "militia" members trained to confront those crossing the border? Or were they simply doing this on their own? They run around the desert with their own patches and badges pretending to be the law. Because, by your own admission, YOUR administration decided to abandon the border.

Think about what these people are leaving. What goes on in the villages of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras. Children seeing their parents being tortured, burned alive, seeing their family members raped but no compassion because why? They don't speak English and/or they are from the south? How very Christian.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:45 am

I am posting this link with a grain of salt. I know MAGA fan boys fly off the handle and insist their opinions are complete and total fact and demand no one but no one question them because Fox said. Being distrustful of the "media" INCLUDING FOX!!!! in this country, I have to announce this caveat

https://thinkprogress.org/militia-borde ... ei-ZdpspNM

"Sovereign citizens" and some of the other language sounds almost like they are in tinfoil hat territory. I can absolutely believe these people wanted to see Soros and Clinton dead. Some posters on this forum do not go that far in words, but they claim to not be the fringe. Like these guys. But that they were capable of doing it not so much. Still, this makes me question motives of anyone who thinks they are in a militia.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3831
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:58 pm

casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I did read it, the undertones are not that he is a felon.

This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum," the ACLU wrote.

I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


You can't understand why we don;t want armed people detaining others? Seriously?

How about I come to your house and arrest you for trafficking drugs with a AR-15?
Would you accept that?

Can you imagine how loud the crying would be if the Black Panthers, Black Lives Matter or any other similar liberally inclined group stared enforcing the law themselves with illegally possessed firearms! One would never hear the end of it.
First to fly the 787-9
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:47 pm

seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
No, I'm not endorsing illegal acts by an informal Militia, just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals and our federal government could care less. I would much rather see our government do the job they were elected to do and keep our nations borders secure.

New Mexico does allow informal state Militias according to specific rules of conduct so if the Militia was acting within those rules detaining illegal trespassers to our country, then no crime was committed by them. It is unfortunate that some informal Militia members think breaking the law is O.K.

Your reference to "Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs" is the type of thing that the Lunatic left just love to put a spin on so they can advance their twisted narrative, truth be damned. If you want anything that resembles the truth, stop drinking the Kool-Aid of the Democrats and the Lunatic Lefts CNN and MSNBC.


Were these "militia" members trained to confront those crossing the border? Or were they simply doing this on their own? They run around the desert with their own patches and badges pretending to be the law. Because, by your own admission, YOUR administration decided to abandon the border.

Think about what these people are leaving. What goes on in the villages of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras. Children seeing their parents being tortured, burned alive, seeing their family members raped but no compassion because why? They don't speak English and/or they are from the south? How very Christian.

Well, there is this teeny tiny point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen%27s_arrest

A very weak argument. Autrocities in other countries does not negate the fact that turning a blind eye to people ILLEGALLY crossing our borders is a crime committed against our border and allows drug smugglers, human traffickers and all sorts of violent criminals unlimited access to our country from all over the planet.

If you want to be compassionate to your fellow man, which I completely support, secure the border by having our congress do the job they were elected to do and fix the loopholes in the immigration laws so that we have a speedy, compassionate and fair immigration process and have control over the people we let into this country legally. I find it unconscionable that some powerful Democrats in congress feel going on a hateful witch hunt to railroad an incumbent President is more important than performing their legislative duties.

As it is now, it is common for traffickers to drop illegals off in the middle of nowhere and many of those folks die in the desert trying to walk sometimes 300 miles or more to civilization with little or no water. How compassionate is that? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/wha ... ona-desert

Please don't pass judgment on me by playing the "Christian Card". Over the centuries, people claiming to uphold the will of god have done some pretty horrific things to their fellow man.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:14 pm

stratclub wrote:
just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals

I am curious, do you live in or have you been recently to a "border town"? Which border town(s) in particular are you speaking of when you mention this?

I ask because I see a lot of main stream media (Fox, Hannity, Rush, Levin) pushing this narrative that towns are overrun but living in a large border city and having been to quite a few smaller towns on the border, this is not necessarily the case. Yes there are illegals but the vast majority of the population has greater concern with drugs and cartels that transport them then with illegals.

What is your experience with border towns?

Here is a helpful list of US-Mexico border towns (from Wiki):
San Diego, California and Tijuana, Baja California
Tecate, Baja California
Calexico, California and Mexicali, Baja California* Los Algodones, Baja California
San Luis, Arizona and San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora
Sonoyta, Sonora
Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora
Douglas, Arizona and Agua Prieta, Sonora
Columbus, New Mexico and Puerto Palomas, Chihuahua
El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
Edinburg, Texas
Socorro, Texas
San Elizario, Texas
Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros, Tamaulipas
Del Rio, Texas and Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila
Eagle Pass, Texas and Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Presidio, Texas and Ojinaga, Chihuahua
Hidalgo, Texas and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas
El Cenizo, Texas
Roma, Texas and Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas
Escobares, Texas
Rio Grande City, Texas
La Grulla, Texas
Hidalgo, Texas and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Progreso Lakes, Texas and Nuevo Progreso, Río Bravo, Tamaulipas
Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros, Tamaulipas

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:43 pm

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
No, I'm not endorsing illegal acts by an informal Militia, just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals and our federal government could care less. I would much rather see our government do the job they were elected to do and keep our nations borders secure.

New Mexico does allow informal state Militias according to specific rules of conduct so if the Militia was acting within those rules detaining illegal trespassers to our country, then no crime was committed by them. It is unfortunate that some informal Militia members think breaking the law is O.K.

Your reference to "Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs" is the type of thing that the Lunatic left just love to put a spin on so they can advance their twisted narrative, truth be damned. If you want anything that resembles the truth, stop drinking the Kool-Aid of the Democrats and the Lunatic Lefts CNN and MSNBC.


Were these "militia" members trained to confront those crossing the border? Or were they simply doing this on their own? They run around the desert with their own patches and badges pretending to be the law. Because, by your own admission, YOUR administration decided to abandon the border.

Think about what these people are leaving. What goes on in the villages of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras. Children seeing their parents being tortured, burned alive, seeing their family members raped but no compassion because why? They don't speak English and/or they are from the south? How very Christian.

Well, there is this teeny tiny point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen%27s_arrest

A very weak argument. Autrocities in other countries does not negate the fact that turning a blind eye to people ILLEGALLY crossing our borders is a crime committed against our border and allows drug smugglers, human traffickers and all sorts of violent criminals unlimited access to our country from all over the planet.

If you want to be compassionate to your fellow man, which I completely support, secure the border by having our congress do the job they were elected to do and fix the loopholes in the immigration laws so that we have a speedy, compassionate and fair immigration process and have control over the people we let into this country legally. I find it unconscionable that some powerful Democrats in congress feel going on a hateful witch hunt to railroad an incumbent President is more important than performing their legislative duties.

As it is now, it is common for traffickers to drop illegals off in the middle of nowhere and many of those folks die in the desert trying to walk sometimes 300 miles or more to civilization with little or no water. How compassionate is that? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/wha ... ona-desert

Please don't pass judgment on me by playing the "Christian Card". Over the centuries, people claiming to uphold the will of god have done some pretty horrific things to their fellow man.


Democrats have been trying for years to strengthen our immigration laws, so don't even try that. Bipartisan bills were passed in the Senate in both 2006 and 2013 but House Republicans refused to bring the bills to the floor for a vote. It was House Republicans, who were in the majority both times, who killed immigration reform.

A convicted felon who breaks the law should be arrested. He is and he was. Even though he claims the United States government has no jurisdiction over him. Maybe we should deport him to El Salvador or Guatemala or Somalia or someplace that has no functioning government?

The party of Christianity needs to be called out for who they really are. Republicans keep going on and on about how we need strong morals and Biblical law and principles. How we need to trash the Constitution and set our laws based on the Bible. Guess what? That includes what was said about immigrants.

https://sojo.net/22-bible-verses-welcoming-immigrants
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17507
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:15 pm

zkojq wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I did read it, the undertones are not that he is a felon.

This has no place in our state: we cannot allow racist and armed vigilantes to kidnap and detain people seeking asylum," the ACLU wrote.

I am also curious as to what he was convicted for?


You can't understand why we don;t want armed people detaining others? Seriously?

How about I come to your house and arrest you for trafficking drugs with a AR-15?
Would you accept that?

Can you imagine how loud the crying would be if the Black Panthers, Black Lives Matter or any other similar liberally inclined group stared enforcing the law themselves with illegally possessed firearms! One would never hear the end of it.

They simply showed up to polling places and Faux and the right were screaming bloody murder and 'voter intimidation'

stratclub wrote:
Your reference to "Miscreant criminals who pose as LEOs" is the type of thing that the Lunatic left just love to put a spin on so they can advance their twisted narrative, truth be damned. If you want anything that resembles the truth, stop drinking the Kool-Aid of the Democrats and the Lunatic Lefts CNN and MSNBC.

Uh no. Right wing armed nut job militias are as American as apple pie--there's no twisted narrative there whatsoever, nor has there been going back decades.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Tugger wrote:
stratclub wrote:
just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals

I am curious, do you live in or have you been recently to a "border town"? Which border town(s) in particular are you speaking of when you mention this?

I ask because I see a lot of main stream media (Fox, Hannity, Rush, Levin) pushing this narrative that towns are overrun but living in a large border city and having been to quite a few smaller towns on the border, this is not necessarily the case. Yes there are illegals but the vast majority of the population has greater concern with drugs and cartels that transport them then with illegals.

What is your experience with border towns?

Here is a helpful list of US-Mexico border towns (from Wiki):
San Diego, California and Tijuana, Baja California
Tecate, Baja California
Calexico, California and Mexicali, Baja California* Los Algodones, Baja California
San Luis, Arizona and San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora
Sonoyta, Sonora
Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora
Douglas, Arizona and Agua Prieta, Sonora
Columbus, New Mexico and Puerto Palomas, Chihuahua
El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
Edinburg, Texas
Socorro, Texas
San Elizario, Texas
Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros, Tamaulipas
Del Rio, Texas and Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila
Eagle Pass, Texas and Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Presidio, Texas and Ojinaga, Chihuahua
Hidalgo, Texas and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas
El Cenizo, Texas
Roma, Texas and Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas
Escobares, Texas
Rio Grande City, Texas
La Grulla, Texas
Hidalgo, Texas and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Progreso Lakes, Texas and Nuevo Progreso, Río Bravo, Tamaulipas
Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros, Tamaulipas

Tugg

I have no clue why you posted a list of border towns.

Guess how illegal drugs get int our country. Do you think it is all by people crossing the border at checkpoints? If I was smuggling a ton of illegal drugs, why would I bother to go through a checkpoint and risk getting caught when I can just go to a remote part of the border and drive across? Certainly, a fair percentage of drugs that reach the U.S. are smuggled by illegally crossing drug cartel mules.

Sure, drug smugglers do get caught at a border check point, but how many of the drug cartels mules aren't even bothering to go through checkpoints? If we had secure borders, drug trafficking into the U.S.would be considerably reduced.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 pm

stratclub wrote:
I have no clue why you posted a list of border towns.

Because you made up a "fact" stating: "just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals "

And based on your non-response, I will assume that in fact you have not been to a border town (like the one's I listed).

stratclub wrote:
Guess how illegal drugs get int our country. Do you think it is all by people crossing the border at checkpoints? If I was smuggling a ton of illegal drugs, why would I bother to go through a checkpoint and risk getting caught when I can just go to a remote part of the border and drive across? Certainly, a fair percentage of drugs that reach the U.S. are smuggled by illegally crossing drug cartel mules.

Sure, drug smugglers do get caught at a border check point, but how many of the drug cartels mules aren't even bothering to go through checkpoints? If we had secure borders, drug trafficking into the U.S.would be considerably reduced.

You do know that the vast majority of drugs are brought in by legal border crossings or by methods that a wall will not stop.... right? You understand this?
You do also understand that illegals, people crossing in the desert etc., are not the ones bringing the majority of the drugs across the border. Right? You understand this, yes?

Talk about an empty and non-fact based, non-researched reply...

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 pm

stratclub wrote:
Tugger wrote:
stratclub wrote:
just the fact that border towns are being over run by illegals

I am curious, do you live in or have you been recently to a "border town"? Which border town(s) in particular are you speaking of when you mention this?

I ask because I see a lot of main stream media (Fox, Hannity, Rush, Levin) pushing this narrative that towns are overrun but living in a large border city and having been to quite a few smaller towns on the border, this is not necessarily the case. Yes there are illegals but the vast majority of the population has greater concern with drugs and cartels that transport them then with illegals.

What is your experience with border towns?

Here is a helpful list of US-Mexico border towns (from Wiki):
San Diego, California and Tijuana, Baja California
Tecate, Baja California
Calexico, California and Mexicali, Baja California* Los Algodones, Baja California
San Luis, Arizona and San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora
Sonoyta, Sonora
Nogales, Arizona and Nogales, Sonora
Douglas, Arizona and Agua Prieta, Sonora
Columbus, New Mexico and Puerto Palomas, Chihuahua
El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
Edinburg, Texas
Socorro, Texas
San Elizario, Texas
Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros, Tamaulipas
Del Rio, Texas and Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila
Eagle Pass, Texas and Piedras Negras, Coahuila
Presidio, Texas and Ojinaga, Chihuahua
Hidalgo, Texas and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas
El Cenizo, Texas
Roma, Texas and Ciudad Miguel Alemán, Tamaulipas
Escobares, Texas
Rio Grande City, Texas
La Grulla, Texas
Hidalgo, Texas and Reynosa, Tamaulipas
Progreso Lakes, Texas and Nuevo Progreso, Río Bravo, Tamaulipas
Brownsville, Texas and Matamoros, Tamaulipas

Tugg

I have no clue why you posted a list of border towns.

Guess how illegal drugs get int our country. Do you think it is all by people crossing the border at checkpoints? If I was smuggling a ton of illegal drugs, why would I bother to go through a checkpoint and risk getting caught when I can just go to a remote part of the border and drive across? Certainly, a fair percentage of drugs that reach the U.S. are smuggled by illegally crossing drug cartel mules.

Sure, drug smugglers do get caught at a border check point, but how many of the drug cartels mules aren't even bothering to go through checkpoints? If we had secure borders, drug trafficking into the U.S.would be considerably reduced.


Tons of cocaine, ecstacy, and heroin never ever go through the port of Miami or the port of Long Beach or the port of Oakland? Never are drugs ever packed into Cessna 152s? They are only walked across the desert? Is that really what you are saying? On an airplane web site?

Go watch the movie "Maria Full Of Grace" if you insist on talking about mules and the desert being the only means for drugs to get into the United States.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Were these "militia" members trained to confront those crossing the border? Or were they simply doing this on their own? They run around the desert with their own patches and badges pretending to be the law. Because, by your own admission, YOUR administration decided to abandon the border.

Think about what these people are leaving. What goes on in the villages of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras. Children seeing their parents being tortured, burned alive, seeing their family members raped but no compassion because why? They don't speak English and/or they are from the south? How very Christian.

Well, there is this teeny tiny point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen%27s_arrest

A very weak argument. Autrocities in other countries does not negate the fact that turning a blind eye to people ILLEGALLY crossing our borders is a crime committed against our border and allows drug smugglers, human traffickers and all sorts of violent criminals unlimited access to our country from all over the planet.

If you want to be compassionate to your fellow man, which I completely support, secure the border by having our congress do the job they were elected to do and fix the loopholes in the immigration laws so that we have a speedy, compassionate and fair immigration process and have control over the people we let into this country legally. I find it unconscionable that some powerful Democrats in congress feel going on a hateful witch hunt to railroad an incumbent President is more important than performing their legislative duties.

As it is now, it is common for traffickers to drop illegals off in the middle of nowhere and many of those folks die in the desert trying to walk sometimes 300 miles or more to civilization with little or no water. How compassionate is that? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/wha ... ona-desert

Please don't pass judgment on me by playing the "Christian Card". Over the centuries, people claiming to uphold the will of god have done some pretty horrific things to their fellow man.


Democrats have been trying for years to strengthen our immigration laws, so don't even try that. Bipartisan bills were passed in the Senate in both 2006 and 2013 but House Republicans refused to bring the bills to the floor for a vote. It was House Republicans, who were in the majority both times, who killed immigration reform.

A convicted felon who breaks the law should be arrested. He is and he was. Even though he claims the United States government has no jurisdiction over him. Maybe we should deport him to El Salvador or Guatemala or Somalia or someplace that has no functioning government?

The party of Christianity needs to be called out for who they really are. Republicans keep going on and on about how we need strong morals and Biblical law and principles. How we need to trash the Constitution and set our laws based on the Bible. Guess what? That includes what was said about immigrants.

https://sojo.net/22-bible-verses-welcoming-immigrants

You need to read my post with some kind of comprehension. But I understand. "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." Some very wise words right there..............

What does cherry picking biblical verses have to do with reality? Go back to your bible and cherry pick for verses that reinforce the concept that you should protect yourself from people that will do serious harm to you and your loved ones without any kind of remorse. Also, look for verses that promote the virtues of lawful behavior and example. That's why I don't read the bible so much because it is so easy to cherry pick for ways to turn around the written words in it to do your will.

Do you actually believe that letting undesirable people unrestricted access our country is a good Idea? Some school kid dies from Fentanyl smuggled from South America, Central America or Mexico by murderous drug cartels that routinely cross the border illegally or someone is murdered by someone that came into this country illegally and is a member of a murderous gang you should just lay down and accept it as God's will and rejoice in God's wisdom?

So if Democrats have been trying to strengthen immigration laws (2006 and 2013), where are they right now in now 2019? I do admit that the GOP hasn't been doing much more than just trying to stay unnoticed. Neither side of the isle has been doing very much for the good of the American people lately and I'm pretty sure you could agree with that.
Anyway, peace...........
 
910A
Posts: 1773
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:08 pm

stratclub wrote:


I have no clue why you posted a list of border towns.

Guess how illegal drugs get int our country. Do you think it is all by people crossing the border at checkpoints? If I was smuggling a ton of illegal drugs, why would I bother to go through a checkpoint and risk getting caught when I can just go to a remote part of the border and drive across? Certainly, a fair percentage of drugs that reach the U.S. are smuggled by illegally crossing drug cartel mules.

Sure, drug smugglers do get caught at a border check point, but how many of the drug cartels mules aren't even bothering to go through checkpoints? If we had secure borders, drug trafficking into the U.S.would be considerably reduced.


You forgot one method..Border Patrol Agents are bringing drugs into the United States, picking them up on the Mexico side and bringing them over in an official Border Patrol vehicle. Another one was arrested last week here in Arizona.
WASHINGTON — More than 500 employees of the United States’ primary border security agency were charged with drug trafficking, accepting bribes and a range of other crimes over a two-year period, according to reports released on Friday.

The reports, released by Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Human Resource Management and its Office of Professional Responsibility, covered the years 2016 and 2017.


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/12/us/p ... ested.html
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:54 pm

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Well, there is this teeny tiny point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen%27s_arrest

A very weak argument. Autrocities in other countries does not negate the fact that turning a blind eye to people ILLEGALLY crossing our borders is a crime committed against our border and allows drug smugglers, human traffickers and all sorts of violent criminals unlimited access to our country from all over the planet.

If you want to be compassionate to your fellow man, which I completely support, secure the border by having our congress do the job they were elected to do and fix the loopholes in the immigration laws so that we have a speedy, compassionate and fair immigration process and have control over the people we let into this country legally. I find it unconscionable that some powerful Democrats in congress feel going on a hateful witch hunt to railroad an incumbent President is more important than performing their legislative duties.

As it is now, it is common for traffickers to drop illegals off in the middle of nowhere and many of those folks die in the desert trying to walk sometimes 300 miles or more to civilization with little or no water. How compassionate is that? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/wha ... ona-desert

Please don't pass judgment on me by playing the "Christian Card". Over the centuries, people claiming to uphold the will of god have done some pretty horrific things to their fellow man.


Democrats have been trying for years to strengthen our immigration laws, so don't even try that. Bipartisan bills were passed in the Senate in both 2006 and 2013 but House Republicans refused to bring the bills to the floor for a vote. It was House Republicans, who were in the majority both times, who killed immigration reform.

A convicted felon who breaks the law should be arrested. He is and he was. Even though he claims the United States government has no jurisdiction over him. Maybe we should deport him to El Salvador or Guatemala or Somalia or someplace that has no functioning government?

The party of Christianity needs to be called out for who they really are. Republicans keep going on and on about how we need strong morals and Biblical law and principles. How we need to trash the Constitution and set our laws based on the Bible. Guess what? That includes what was said about immigrants.

https://sojo.net/22-bible-verses-welcoming-immigrants

You need to read my post with some kind of comprehension. But I understand. "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." Some very wise words right there..............

What does cherry picking biblical verses have to do with reality? Go back to your bible and cherry pick for verses that reinforce the concept that you should protect yourself from people that will do serious harm to you and your loved ones without any kind of remorse. Also, look for verses that promote the virtues of lawful behavior and example. That's why I don't read the bible so much because it is so easy to cherry pick for ways to turn around the written words in it to do your will.

Do you actually believe that letting undesirable people unrestricted access our country is a good Idea? Some school kid dies from Fentanyl smuggled from South America, Central America or Mexico by murderous drug cartels that routinely cross the border illegally or someone is murdered by someone that came into this country illegally and is a member of a murderous gang you should just lay down and accept it as God's will and rejoice in God's wisdom?

So if Democrats have been trying to strengthen immigration laws (2006 and 2013), where are they right now in now 2019? I do admit that the GOP hasn't been doing much more than just trying to stay unnoticed. Neither side of the isle has been doing very much for the good of the American people lately and I'm pretty sure you could agree with that.
Anyway, peace...........


Obtuse thinking is a curse. As has been pointed out before, both parties are not seeking actual solutions because that’s not what American capitalism wants. This is not rocket science.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12680
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:56 pm

zkojq wrote:
Can you imagine how loud the crying would be if the Black Panthers, Black Lives Matter or any other similar liberally inclined group stared enforcing the law themselves with illegally possessed firearms! One would never hear the end of it.


This isn't a parallel kind of analogy. This is about entering our country illegally which is a thing we can't get a handle on and CBP are overwhelmed. If the Black Panthers want to stand on the border with or without firearms and help stop people from running in here I am all for it.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:26 am

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Well, there is this teeny tiny point. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen%27s_arrest

A very weak argument. Autrocities in other countries does not negate the fact that turning a blind eye to people ILLEGALLY crossing our borders is a crime committed against our border and allows drug smugglers, human traffickers and all sorts of violent criminals unlimited access to our country from all over the planet.

If you want to be compassionate to your fellow man, which I completely support, secure the border by having our congress do the job they were elected to do and fix the loopholes in the immigration laws so that we have a speedy, compassionate and fair immigration process and have control over the people we let into this country legally. I find it unconscionable that some powerful Democrats in congress feel going on a hateful witch hunt to railroad an incumbent President is more important than performing their legislative duties.

As it is now, it is common for traffickers to drop illegals off in the middle of nowhere and many of those folks die in the desert trying to walk sometimes 300 miles or more to civilization with little or no water. How compassionate is that? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/wha ... ona-desert

Please don't pass judgment on me by playing the "Christian Card". Over the centuries, people claiming to uphold the will of god have done some pretty horrific things to their fellow man.


Democrats have been trying for years to strengthen our immigration laws, so don't even try that. Bipartisan bills were passed in the Senate in both 2006 and 2013 but House Republicans refused to bring the bills to the floor for a vote. It was House Republicans, who were in the majority both times, who killed immigration reform.

A convicted felon who breaks the law should be arrested. He is and he was. Even though he claims the United States government has no jurisdiction over him. Maybe we should deport him to El Salvador or Guatemala or Somalia or someplace that has no functioning government?

The party of Christianity needs to be called out for who they really are. Republicans keep going on and on about how we need strong morals and Biblical law and principles. How we need to trash the Constitution and set our laws based on the Bible. Guess what? That includes what was said about immigrants.

https://sojo.net/22-bible-verses-welcoming-immigrants

You need to read my post with some kind of comprehension. But I understand. "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." Some very wise words right there..............

What does cherry picking biblical verses have to do with reality? Go back to your bible and cherry pick for verses that reinforce the concept that you should protect yourself from people that will do serious harm to you and your loved ones without any kind of remorse. Also, look for verses that promote the virtues of lawful behavior and example. That's why I don't read the bible so much because it is so easy to cherry pick for ways to turn around the written words in it to do your will.

Do you actually believe that letting undesirable people unrestricted access our country is a good Idea? Some school kid dies from Fentanyl smuggled from South America, Central America or Mexico by murderous drug cartels that routinely cross the border illegally or someone is murdered by someone that came into this country illegally and is a member of a murderous gang you should just lay down and accept it as God's will and rejoice in God's wisdom?

So if Democrats have been trying to strengthen immigration laws (2006 and 2013), where are they right now in now 2019? I do admit that the GOP hasn't been doing much more than just trying to stay unnoticed. Neither side of the isle has been doing very much for the good of the American people lately and I'm pretty sure you could agree with that.
Anyway, peace...........


Democrats are proposing two bills. Both of which are opposed by Republicans but they at least put something out there besides the stupid vanity wall

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/house-d ... amers.html

Helps DREAMers with a more clear path to citizenship. Let's not forget that, during the Republican shut down Democrats proposed $5 billion for border security

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/house-d ... nding-bill
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12680
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:56 am

seb146 wrote:

Democrats are proposing two bills. Both of which are opposed by Republicans but they at least put something out there besides the stupid vanity wall

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/house-d ... amers.html

Helps DREAMers with a more clear path to citizenship. Let's not forget that, during the Republican shut down Democrats proposed $5 billion for border security

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/house-d ... nding-bill


These bills just hand citizenship to dreamers without securing the border. It's amnesty. No penalties, no military service and actually cheaper tuition? Why don't you just hand them a key to the city?

Again for any meaningful progress on immigration we have to stop any more illegal entry because once word gets out a bill is close people from other countries will just flock here thinking they can benefit from any new law.

Dems don't want to secure the border because the people who sneak into this country vote Democrat. Once we stop this insane mindset of open borders and safe places in sanctuary cites we can go forward on passing laws on immigration but I don't see this happening.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:04 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Democrats are proposing two bills. Both of which are opposed by Republicans but they at least put something out there besides the stupid vanity wall

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/house-d ... amers.html

Helps DREAMers with a more clear path to citizenship. Let's not forget that, during the Republican shut down Democrats proposed $5 billion for border security

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/house-d ... nding-bill


These bills just hand citizenship to dreamers without securing the border. It's amnesty. No penalties, no military service and actually cheaper tuition? Why don't you just hand them a key to the city?

Again for any meaningful progress on immigration we have to stop any more illegal entry because once word gets out a bill is close people from other countries will just flock here thinking they can benefit from any new law.

Dems don't want to secure the border because the people who sneak into this country vote Democrat. Once we stop this insane mindset of open borders and safe places in sanctuary cites we can go forward on passing laws on immigration but I don't see this happening.


Those are emotional topics brought on by SJWs garnering attention. The real reason both parties don’t move on this is here - nobody is going to go after this many categories of businesses (or pay more for these things):

Image

And with Pew’s agenda and/or underreporting, the actual percentages for some categories are likely to be higher.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 20480
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Democrats are proposing two bills. Both of which are opposed by Republicans but they at least put something out there besides the stupid vanity wall

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/house-d ... amers.html

Helps DREAMers with a more clear path to citizenship. Let's not forget that, during the Republican shut down Democrats proposed $5 billion for border security

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/house-d ... nding-bill


These bills just hand citizenship to dreamers without securing the border. It's amnesty. No penalties, no military service and actually cheaper tuition? Why don't you just hand them a key to the city?

Again for any meaningful progress on immigration we have to stop any more illegal entry because once word gets out a bill is close people from other countries will just flock here thinking they can benefit from any new law.

Dems don't want to secure the border because the people who sneak into this country vote Democrat. Once we stop this insane mindset of open borders and safe places in sanctuary cites we can go forward on passing laws on immigration but I don't see this happening.


Illegals can not vote in this country, anyway, so there goes that.

Democrat's bill for DREAMers is a continuation for those already in the system.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3831
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Dems don't want to secure the border because the people who sneak into this country vote Democrat.


Just a friendly reminder that Paul Ryan, Trump and McConnell didn't do anything about building a border wall when the GOP controlled both houses of congress and that illegals cannot vote.
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9356
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:54 pm

zkojq wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Dems don't want to secure the border because the people who sneak into this country vote Democrat.


Just a friendly reminder that Paul Ryan, Trump and McConnell didn't do anything about building a border wall when the GOP controlled both houses of congress and that illegals cannot vote.

They can't and don't want to build a wall. The reasons are many, for one they wouldn't have a boogey-man to scare their base with, for another they would be exposed when the reality of any "wall" as they are pushing (versus the barriers that are needed in key locations and have always been used and proposed) did not actually halt the flow of people or drugs, third the ongoing cost would just grow and grow, and finally they know the court battles against "real American's" who refuse to just cede their land to this folly would look really bad to their base.
Who wants that?

And you do know you can't convince "the right who believe illegals vote en mass" that it really doesn't happen, yes? No matter how many studies you show or voting records you go through or investigations your perform, that demonstrate that there is no significant voter fraud and especially any that specifically benefits the Dems. This is about fear and reaction, not intelligence and thinking. And guess which drives "the base" we so often discuss of the Republican party?

Me, I like to think and review and make smart, reasoned decisions. I am not a triggered Republican (nor a MAGA which is not a Republican actually).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17507
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Democrats are proposing two bills. Both of which are opposed by Republicans but they at least put something out there besides the stupid vanity wall

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/12/house-d ... amers.html

Helps DREAMers with a more clear path to citizenship. Let's not forget that, during the Republican shut down Democrats proposed $5 billion for border security

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/house-d ... nding-bill


These bills just hand citizenship to dreamers without securing the border. It's amnesty. No penalties, no military service and actually cheaper tuition? Why don't you just hand them a key to the city?

Again for any meaningful progress on immigration we have to stop any more illegal entry because once word gets out a bill is close people from other countries will just flock here thinking they can benefit from any new law.

Dems don't want to secure the border because the people who sneak into this country vote Democrat. Once we stop this insane mindset of open borders and safe places in sanctuary cites we can go forward on passing laws on immigration but I don't see this happening.


Those are emotional topics brought on by SJWs garnering attention. The real reason both parties don’t move on this is here - nobody is going to go after this many categories of businesses (or pay more for these things):

Image

And with Pew’s agenda and/or underreporting, the actual percentages for some categories are likely to be higher.

Republicans like Trump and Nunes' family sure like hiring illegals. If republicans really cared about illegal immigration, they'd go after the people hiring them, but that would crater the economy.

Tugger wrote:
I am not a triggered Republican (nor a MAGA which is not a Republican actually).

Tugg

You say that like there's a difference
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9534
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:25 pm

^ No worries, we’re in the ‘best economy ever’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
DenimAndLeather
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:45 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Nicholas,
How exactly do these illegal aliens vote? When do they have the time? My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans.
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:19 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Nicholas,
How exactly do these illegal aliens vote? When do they have the time? My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans.

Probably by registering to vote and lying about their citizenship on the voter registration form. The ONLY ID you need to register in Washington State is a Washington State Drivers License. https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx

"My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans". What a bigoted racist thing to say. Most Mexicans are family orientated decent hard working folks and would come into our country legally if the immigration process wasn't broken.

Just think about it from a common sense point of view. If we had a secure border and fixed the immigration process, we could legally allow these people that would be an asset to our country in and keep the undesirably criminal element out.
 
DenimAndLeather
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:45 am

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:37 pm

stratclub wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Nicholas,
How exactly do these illegal aliens vote? When do they have the time? My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans.

Probably by registering to vote and lying about their citizenship on the voter registration form. The ONLY ID you need to register in Washington State is a Washington State Drivers License. https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx

"My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans". What a bigoted racist thing to say. Most Mexicans are family orientated decent hard working people and would come into our country legally if the immigration process wasn't broken.


Wait, your president said they were:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

He just assumes some might be good.

Oh and, Hillary Clinton!!!
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Democrats have been trying for years to strengthen our immigration laws, so don't even try that. Bipartisan bills were passed in the Senate in both 2006 and 2013 but House Republicans refused to bring the bills to the floor for a vote. It was House Republicans, who were in the majority both times, who killed immigration reform.

A convicted felon who breaks the law should be arrested. He is and he was. Even though he claims the United States government has no jurisdiction over him. Maybe we should deport him to El Salvador or Guatemala or Somalia or someplace that has no functioning government?

The party of Christianity needs to be called out for who they really are. Republicans keep going on and on about how we need strong morals and Biblical law and principles. How we need to trash the Constitution and set our laws based on the Bible. Guess what? That includes what was said about immigrants.

https://sojo.net/22-bible-verses-welcoming-immigrants

You need to read my post with some kind of comprehension. But I understand. "Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." Some very wise words right there..............

What does cherry picking biblical verses have to do with reality? Go back to your bible and cherry pick for verses that reinforce the concept that you should protect yourself from people that will do serious harm to you and your loved ones without any kind of remorse. Also, look for verses that promote the virtues of lawful behavior and example. That's why I don't read the bible so much because it is so easy to cherry pick for ways to turn around the written words in it to do your will.

Do you actually believe that letting undesirable people unrestricted access our country is a good Idea? Some school kid dies from Fentanyl smuggled from South America, Central America or Mexico by murderous drug cartels that routinely cross the border illegally or someone is murdered by someone that came into this country illegally and is a member of a murderous gang you should just lay down and accept it as God's will and rejoice in God's wisdom?

So if Democrats have been trying to strengthen immigration laws (2006 and 2013), where are they right now in now 2019? I do admit that the GOP hasn't been doing much more than just trying to stay unnoticed. Neither side of the isle has been doing very much for the good of the American people lately and I'm pretty sure you could agree with that.
Anyway, peace...........


Obtuse thinking is a curse. As has been pointed out before, both parties are not seeking actual solutions because that’s not what American capitalism wants. This is not rocket science.

Absolutely. The Democrats don't get all the blame here. The GOP certainly have been sitting on their hand trying to be invisible on most issues. The problem isn't so much Democrats VS Republicans, It's more so The Mighty Orange One against corrupt do nothing business as usual pork barrel politics.

Doing what is right for the American People is a concept that is pretty absurd to many politicians on both sides of the isle.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17507
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:59 pm

stratclub wrote:
"My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans". What a bigoted racist thing to say.

Finally we agree that Trump and his supporters and bigoted racists :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
stratclub
Posts: 1342
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Leader of right wing armed militia 'patrolling border' arrested

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:11 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
stratclub wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
Nicholas,
How exactly do these illegal aliens vote? When do they have the time? My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans.

Probably by registering to vote and lying about their citizenship on the voter registration form. The ONLY ID you need to register in Washington State is a Washington State Drivers License. https://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/register.aspx

"My understanding is they’re all raping, robbing and killing Muricans". What a bigoted racist thing to say. Most Mexicans are family orientated decent hard working people and would come into our country legally if the immigration process wasn't broken.


Wait, your president said they were:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

He just assumes some might be good.

Oh and, Hillary Clinton!!!

As usual, the Left media puts a spin on everything Trump says.
Listen to someone that has actually been to the border and has seen first hand the horrific problems there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMrzuIwJLcY Make sure you watch it from the beginning.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mad99, Redd, Scorpio, TTailedTiger and 18 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos