klm617

Re: Ghost inside Aeromexico plane

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 pm

As the guy filming turns away and runs someone behind him laughs as if it was a practical joke.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

Dutchy

Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:13 pm

klm617 wrote:
As the guy filming turns away and runs someone behind him laughs as if it was a practical joke.

:checkmark: well done by the person(s) whom did it :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Venatt
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:38 pm

TSS wrote:
Venatt wrote:
Gr8Circle wrote:

I just watched the youtube video for fun....its quite obvious that the shadow circled in red is the shadow of the bulkhead at the back of the cabin and it moves because the flashlight itself is moving....looks like one hell of a timid or jittery security person......he needs to find a different profession :)

What about the noise from lavatory door opening at 0:52 ?

You mean just before the guard said "Verga!"? If the lavatory door wasn't all-the-way latched, just the weight shift from the guard walking forward down the aisle could have caused it to pop open… assuming the sound was the lav door opening to begin with (the guy filming didn't actually go all the way back to check, did he?). When they're not full of passengers and don't have the engines idling and the A/C running, planes tend to be very creaky environments anyway so almost anything could have made that noise.

I'm wondering what the security guard was doing inside the plane to begin with. Didn't the crew shut the door when they left?

Furthermore, what ancient phone was the guard using to record the encounter that has resolution that low? Or did the maker of the video have to keep lowering the resolution intentionally before submission until it couldn't clearly be seen what caused the shadow? And why, on what one assumes was a normal walk around, was the guard recording to begin with?

Listen, I have no problem admitting that there are things in this world that we can't yet explain and don't yet understand, and trying to describe a genuine "paranormal" (as in out-of-the-ordinary and not at present explainable) experience to someone who's never had one is like trying to explain color to someone who is colorblind: In a world where the vast majority of people are colorblind, if you can see color and try to describe it you'll be called either crazy or a liar. But BS videos like this one with numerous obvious flaws in both concept and execution serve only to muddy the water and to give the devout naysayers more ammunition.

According to the description of the video they first heard noises coming from inside the plane and that is why he went inside to check. I would highly doubt Aeromexico would do this on purpose as a prank as it would violate their security policies standards ethics etc. Even though I am not saying this is real, maybe it is a prank but it would constitute a very serious violation that could even hurt Aeromexico's reputation. Considier the possibility that maybe this is not an E170 or E190 but because of the 2x2 seat configuration a prank made by Interjet on one of their S100 to kind of hurt Aeromexico ever since they have been in serious financial problems for the past few years or so.

BlueberryWheats

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:48 pm

Venatt wrote:
Considier the possibility that maybe this is not an E170 or E190 but because of the 2x2 seat configuration a prank made by Interjet on one of their S100 to kind of hurt Aeromexico ever since they have been in serious financial problems for the past few years or so.

Eh?

I'm sure airlines have better things to do.

Venatt
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:48 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Venatt wrote:
Considier the possibility that maybe this is not an E170 or E190 but because of the 2x2 seat configuration a prank made by Interjet on one of their S100 to kind of hurt Aeromexico ever since they have been in serious financial problems for the past few years or so.

Eh?

Officially yes but under the table many things always happen.

anrec80

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:15 am

stl07 wrote:
I think my bank account is haunted. All the money I thought I had in it just seemed to disappear.

This is what usually happens with bank accounts. Sometimes such bank accounts are called “hacked”. But I’m truly haunted accounts - you have more $$$ than you thought.

Airstud

Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:35 am

Trololzilla wrote:
the resonant frequency of your eyeball

Gross.
Pancakes are delicious.

777Jet

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:13 am

Airlines0613 wrote:
I’ve only heard of Eastern Air Lines pilots from Flight 401 haunting aircraft that used parts from the crashed plane.

IIRC it was only Don Repo, the flight engineer, that appeared in ghost form.

Maybe something recycled from the 401 aircraft somehow made it's way into this bird... ;)
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

TSS

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:10 am

Venatt wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Venatt wrote:

Eh?

Officially yes but under the table many things always happen.

That part at least can be easily proven or disproven: Even as blurry as that video is you still get a pretty good look at the aft galley as well as a decent look at the seats and overhead bins and I'm sure there is someone here who can say conclusively which airline and/or type of plane that is.

As far as people doing things that could get them fired and filming it, I'm with you there. Do you remember the Australian miners who filmed themselves doing the Harlem Shake while underground in a mine and got fired for that?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Georgetown

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:49 am

How has this not been posted yet: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1147403&p=15982371#p15982371
Let's go Hoyas!

Karlsands

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:54 pm

Spacepope wrote:
Karlsands wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
This should have been the last post of this thread.

Only if you’re closed minded .

Or have higher than a third grade education.

Or don’t be such a closed minded fool , again.

Spacepope

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 pm

Karlsands wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
Karlsands wrote:
Only if you’re closed minded .

Scientist. Evidence-minded fool, thank you. Show me proof. Empirical data. I'll wait.
The last of the famous international playboys

MGC1191

Wed May 01, 2019 2:31 am

I think I speak on behalf of every Pilot, F/A, Ramp Agent, or Gate Agent who has ever walked into a completely dead (powered off) plane at night when I say they are eerie as f—k.

Karlsands

Wed May 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Spacepope wrote:
Karlsands wrote:
Spacepope wrote:

Scientist. Evidence-minded fool, thank you. Show me proof. Empirical data. I'll wait.

Hahahahaha. Sad fool

Spacepope

Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Karlsands wrote:
Spacepope wrote:
Karlsands wrote:

Hahahahaha. Sad fool

So you have none. Works for me!
The last of the famous international playboys

Cdydatzigs

Thu May 02, 2019 9:36 pm

Birdwatching wrote:
Seriously? We're on an aviation web site, in the year 2019, with (mostly) adults discussing, and about half of the posters in this thread seem to be ok with some sort of "ghost" going for a pee in the rear lavatory on Aeromexico?

Ghosts are what people name things they can't explain or comprehend (until they can), and what you see in this video is a red oval appearing in an airliner cabin at night, and let me break it to you, it was edited in.

Ever wonder why you "can see ghosts but can not film / photograph them"?
Ever wonder why you can't insure property against ghosts, or can't blame a crime / theft you committed on a ghost?

Exactly, because these things don't exist. And even if you are a child, you don't have to believe this crap.

I have raised my 3,5 year old son to not believe in ghosts, monsters, the boogie man and all that bs, and he is perfectly fine in the dark, and when there is a noise downstairs in the evening he knows perfectly well that it was the cat, or SOMETHING that makes sense.

So the only reasons to believe in things like ghosts or god is a bad education or upbringing by evil parents. To prove this, I'll gladly camp out in that Mexican E90 for a night with my son. We'll have a great time unless that security guard shows up.

There are plenty of instances of apparitions being caught on video or film, and instances where discernible laughing or voices were caught on a microphone. Just because this Aeromexico thing is a goof, doesn't mean that the hundred of thousands of reports in modern times are ALL explainable by some conventional means like wind, electromagnetic fields, etc. The reason why no serious scientific study has occurred to date, is because people like you have attached that stigma to it.

TSS

Thu May 02, 2019 10:17 pm

Cdydatzigs wrote:
Birdwatching wrote:
Seriously? We're on an aviation web site, in the year 2019, with (mostly) adults discussing, and about half of the posters in this thread seem to be ok with some sort of "ghost" going for a pee in the rear lavatory on Aeromexico?

Ghosts are what people name things they can't explain or comprehend (until they can), and what you see in this video is a red oval appearing in an airliner cabin at night, and let me break it to you, it was edited in.

Ever wonder why you "can see ghosts but can not film / photograph them"?
Ever wonder why you can't insure property against ghosts, or can't blame a crime / theft you committed on a ghost?

Exactly, because these things don't exist. And even if you are a child, you don't have to believe this crap.

I have raised my 3,5 year old son to not believe in ghosts, monsters, the boogie man and all that bs, and he is perfectly fine in the dark, and when there is a noise downstairs in the evening he knows perfectly well that it was the cat, or SOMETHING that makes sense.

So the only reasons to believe in things like ghosts or god is a bad education or upbringing by evil parents. To prove this, I'll gladly camp out in that Mexican E90 for a night with my son. We'll have a great time unless that security guard shows up.

There are plenty of instances of apparitions being caught on video or film, and instances where discernible laughing or voices were caught on a microphone. Just because this Aeromexico thing is a goof, doesn't mean that the hundred of thousands of reports in modern times are ALL explainable by some conventional means like wind, electromagnetic fields, etc. The reason why no serious scientific study has occurred to date, is because people like you have attached that stigma to it.

Very well put. There is definitely a lot of confirmation bias, occasionally mixed in with some outright arrogant dismissiveness, involved on both sides of the issue. The scientific community flatly refuses to do any serious investigation of any kind because they've already made up their mind that there is no such thing as "unexplained phenomena", and the paranormal community is so desperate for proof of what they already believe that they're more than happy to hang their hat on any nonsensical bit of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo that comes along, e.g. "spirit radio" (If you don't know what "spirit radio" is, Google it for a laugh. You're welcome). Then there are the YouTube pranksters making videos of "ghost sightings", which play right into the hands of the scientists if the video is bad and right into the hands of the paranormalists if they're good, but in either case the vast majority of those videos are deliberate fakes.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!