stratclub
Topic Author
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Dallas DA Takes Heat from Council Members Over New Theft Policy

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:45 pm

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dal ... s-11646752
"Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot defended his recent decision to stop prosecuting certain quality-of-life crimes over the objections of members of the Dallas City Council's Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee on Monday. The reforms, Creuzot said, are meant to make Dallas a safer, more equitable city, not to enable those who commit low-level offenses, as critics of the new policies have accused Creuzot of doing".

The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.
Last edited by atcsundevil on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Flamebait title
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7246
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:48 pm

You're not gonna win arguments with liberals with statements like "infesting", but I'll humor you: did you expect Texas to receive KY's and WV's rednecks? Have you been paying attention to projections that Texas may soon be a swing state?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17209
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:57 pm

stratclub wrote:
The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.

Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9125
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:07 pm

I believe what you are saying is that people are moving to the dynamic economy of Texas and bringing their thoughts and ideas with them. And many are moving to the big cities of Texas, not rural, so that will also affect things.

What exactly do you expect otherwise happen?

Now the Republican's currently there in office have done their best to gerrymander the state to slow the rate of change. But people are people and bring their ideas and desires with them.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 1344
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:09 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.

Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas.

Shhh, you are ruining the "liberals cause crime" rhetoric
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"
 
NIKV69
Posts: 12563
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:10 pm

I agree with the drug laws but refusing to prosecute robbery? Not a good idea.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:16 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.

Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.


That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere.

California leftists need to wake up and realize that the hell-hole they left was their own fault by being pawns of the left. The very ideas they believe in are what caused their hell-hole in the first place. This is generally true of every Democrat run institution (Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, California, Venezuela). The problem with these people is that they only do things that *feel* good, not things which are logical. For example, it *feels* good to let all immigrants into the USA without a legal process, but it sabotages everything we work for here. The question of who pays remains to be answered responsibly. Of course, this is merely the mechanism used by the big corporation Democrat elites to convince the average low-information voter to help get more Democrat voters. It creates a permanent underclass of highly dependent people who vote based on emotion, not knowledge. They want to get everything for free without ever answering who will pay for it. Should doctors work for free? We can try all those socialist / communist systems where supposedly the people dictate everything but we already know how every single one of those examples turned out. I feel sorry for Texas. It's now overrun by people who vote for criminals (https://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2018/aug/22/silvestre-reyes/beto-orourke-arrested-1990s-burglary-and-dwi/) like fake-Hispanic 'Beto' O'Roarke, whose only qualification is being able to ride a skateboard across a stage. But, as long as people vote with a level of sophistication no more advanced than an elementary school talent show, clowns like O'Roarke will continue to be the next JFK of the Democrat party. Where will all those locusts move to destroy next after Texas?

Image
Last edited by greendot on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
bennett123
Posts: 8717
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:49 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 pm

What is a ‘Quality of Life’ crime?.
 
seb146
Posts: 19880
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:20 pm

yes, completely lawless California. Where anyone can just waltz right into any store anywhere and take anything they want *epic eyeroll*

So the Dallas DA is not going to prosecute people who steal baby formula. In a state where birth control and abortion are almost illegal. Again, these women better carry those babies to term but it is their own damn fault if they can't feed them! And, with zero sense of irony or surprise, the right to lifers are angry babies are going to be fed.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 pm

seb146 wrote:
yes, completely lawless California. Where anyone can just waltz right into any store anywhere and take anything they want *epic eyeroll*

So the Dallas DA is not going to prosecute people who steal baby formula. In a state where birth control and abortion are almost illegal. Again, these women better carry those babies to term but it is their own damn fault if they can't feed them! And, with zero sense of irony or surprise, the right to lifers are angry babies are going to be fed.


The bigger issue is that all these people are blaming the system rather than taking personal responsibility. At what point are these women responsible for their own actions? It seems like the left simply believes that victims are born as victims.

I bet you that every person has, at one point or another, had the opportunity to accept personal responsibility and to change their own trajectory in life.

We can infinitely blame the system and destroy the notion of personal responsibility, but what kind of world will that make?
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3019
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 pm

seb146 wrote:
yes, completely lawless California. Where anyone can just waltz right into any store anywhere and take anything they want *epic eyeroll*

So the Dallas DA is not going to prosecute people who steal baby formula. In a state where birth control and abortion are almost illegal. Again, these women better carry those babies to term but it is their own damn fault if they can't feed them! And, with zero sense of irony or surprise, the right to lifers are angry babies are going to be fed.


Utter BS! Contraception is hardly “almost illegal”. Plenty of abortions, I’d bet.

The amazing thing is liberals move to states like Texas or NH seeking the good jobs, low taxes; then muck it up asking for “free stuff” from government.. NY is rapidly moving to Florida. Florida’s budget for 2 million more people is exactly half of New York’s budget. Guess what all those New Yorkers will be looking for in ten years? NY style waste, that what.

GF
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:30 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
yes, completely lawless California. Where anyone can just waltz right into any store anywhere and take anything they want *epic eyeroll*

So the Dallas DA is not going to prosecute people who steal baby formula. In a state where birth control and abortion are almost illegal. Again, these women better carry those babies to term but it is their own damn fault if they can't feed them! And, with zero sense of irony or surprise, the right to lifers are angry babies are going to be fed.


Utter BS! Contraception is hardly “almost illegal”. Plenty of abortions, I’d bet.

The amazing thing is liberals move to states like Texas or NH seeking the good jobs, low taxes; then muck it up asking for “free stuff” from government.. NY is rapidly moving to Florida. Florida’s budget for 2 million more people is exactly half of New York’s budget. Guess what all those New Yorkers will be looking for in ten years? NY style waste, that what.

GF


It's amazing how anti-intellectual the left is. They have no command of history, logic, or critical thought. They market themselves as the intellectual elite but they are the farthest thing from it. Your prediction is already becoming fulfilled. Pretty soon, Floridians (mostly leftist New Yorkers) will find feel-good reason to let criminals vote. It's a talking point of the Democrats and at least one Florida candidate.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:35 pm

Tugger wrote:
I believe what you are saying is that people are moving to the dynamic economy of Texas and bringing their thoughts and ideas with them. And many are moving to the big cities of Texas, not rural, so that will also affect things.

What exactly do you expect otherwise happen?

Now the Republican's currently there in office have done their best to gerrymander the state to slow the rate of change. But people are people and bring their ideas and desires with them.

Tugg



Exactly. They wanted the jobs from wherever they could get them, well guess what ? The law of unintended consequences comes into play. We may find Texas going Blue faster than anyone thought. The quicker the better I say.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:41 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I believe what you are saying is that people are moving to the dynamic economy of Texas and bringing their thoughts and ideas with them. And many are moving to the big cities of Texas, not rural, so that will also affect things.

What exactly do you expect otherwise happen?

Now the Republican's currently there in office have done their best to gerrymander the state to slow the rate of change. But people are people and bring their ideas and desires with them.

Tugg



Exactly. They wanted the jobs from wherever they could get them, well guess what ? The law of unintended consequences comes into play. We may find Texas going Blue faster than anyone thought. The quicker the better I say.


What do you think will happen, in terms of good things, if Texas goes left?

How will Texas end up any different than New York or California?
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 pm

Well for one thing it will help my political ideals being more in line with Texas than ever before in my time as a voter. Another that the possibility of another crooked, lieing, cheating greedy, woman molesting immoral and a danger to Democratic Ideals person as rump being elected ever again will become less likely. Should I go on ?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17209
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 pm

greendot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.

Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.


That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere.

You have any proof of that or are you off your lithium again?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:19 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
greendot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.


That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere.

You have any proof of that or are you off your lithium again?


https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cali ... ostitution
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3019
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:21 pm

possibility of another crooked, lieing, cheating greedy, woman molesting immoral and a danger to Democratic Ideals person


Speaking of cheating, immoral, lying politicians from the South, could you be referring to Slick Willie?

GF
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 pm

greendot wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Well for one thing it will help my political ideals being more in line with Texas than ever before in my time as a voter. Another that the possibility of another crooked, lieing, cheating greedy, woman molesting immoral and a danger to Democratic Ideals person as rump being elected ever again will become less likely. Should I go on ?


How can a Democrat possibly be on the side of morality? Did you ever study history and understand the extreme immorality of virtually everything espoused by the left?

Yes, please go on. You haven't convinced me of anything since you don't have any actual facts. You may feel something based on your programming, but that doesn't make it true.

Also, please check your spelling and grammar. I struggle to comprehend anything you said.


My, my, such weak reasoning and thinking trying to defend a moron. When one has a weak argument, resort to insults like the chief liar and thief who you seem to be a fan of.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11426
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I agree with the drug laws but refusing to prosecute robbery? Not a good idea.


Not robbery, theft. Words have meaning.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
possibility of another crooked, lieing, cheating greedy, woman molesting immoral and a danger to Democratic Ideals person


Speaking of cheating, immoral, lying politicians from the South, could you be referring to Slick Willie?

GF



But, but, but, but Clinton. Plesae get a new line.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17209
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:44 pm

greendot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
greendot wrote:

That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere.

You have any proof of that or are you off your lithium again?


https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cali ... ostitution

An opinion piece? So that's a no, you don't have any proof of anything. Try again!

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
The amazing thing is liberals move to states like Texas or NH seeking the good jobs, low taxes; then muck it up asking for “free stuff” from government.. NY is rapidly moving to Florida. Florida’s budget for 2 million more people is exactly half of New York’s budget. Guess what all those New Yorkers will be looking for in ten years? NY style waste, that what.

GF

Right which is why we all talk about the economic miracle that is the Bible Belt :rotfl:

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
possibility of another crooked, lieing, cheating greedy, woman molesting immoral and a danger to Democratic Ideals person


Speaking of cheating, immoral, lying politicians from the South, could you be referring to Slick Willie?

GF

Your rape-asaurus rex leader wants to pound his own daughter and has redefined lying to a level so off the charts, he's lied about being his own publicist, under multiple pseudonyms--so he could lie about lying some more--and that was known decades ago. Seriously what are you smoking?
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
seb146
Posts: 19880
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:56 pm

greendot wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I believe what you are saying is that people are moving to the dynamic economy of Texas and bringing their thoughts and ideas with them. And many are moving to the big cities of Texas, not rural, so that will also affect things.

What exactly do you expect otherwise happen?

Now the Republican's currently there in office have done their best to gerrymander the state to slow the rate of change. But people are people and bring their ideas and desires with them.

Tugg



Exactly. They wanted the jobs from wherever they could get them, well guess what ? The law of unintended consequences comes into play. We may find Texas going Blue faster than anyone thought. The quicker the better I say.


What do you think will happen, in terms of good things, if Texas goes left?

How will Texas end up any different than New York or California?


Low cost health care, low cost public education, public transit, housing assistance. All horrible, horrible things. If people wanted things like health care, education, transportation, housing, they shoudl have been born into money instead of working and demanding. So says the "moral" right.......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11426
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:56 pm

Giving fines or jail time to prostitutes in the name of protecting them is the height of hypocrisy.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6969
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:25 pm

seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:


Exactly. They wanted the jobs from wherever they could get them, well guess what ? The law of unintended consequences comes into play. We may find Texas going Blue faster than anyone thought. The quicker the better I say.


What do you think will happen, in terms of good things, if Texas goes left?

How will Texas end up any different than New York or California?


Low cost health care, low cost public education, public transit, housing assistance.


Funded how? The liberal money tree? LOL

Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.

Try smoking something different...
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9075
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:55 pm

greendot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.

Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.


That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere


Fake, false comment. CA has not stopped enforcing violent crime, as just one example, and has observed the same halving of violent crimes since 1980 that FBI data repeats in most other states. But what gives??? It even has one huge difference from other states - a population increase of 18 million since 1980. Wow, those zany liberal pols have definitely made it more dangerous, right? :scratchchin:

Image
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
stratclub
Topic Author
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 am

Obviously, California is not going to stop enforcing all crimes, but for those crimes they don't enforce, it does lower the overall crime rate. There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:
greendot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.


That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere


Fake, false comment. CA has not stopped enforcing violent crime, as just one example, and has observed the same halving of violent crimes since 1980 that FBI data repeats in most other states. But what gives??? It even has one huge difference from other states - a population increase of 18 million since 1980. Wow, those zany liberal pols have definitely made it more dangerous, right? :scratchchin:

Image



We cant't have this, actual proof? The right wing does not like proof against their arguments, but they sure like BS, and they sure can go but,but.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 19880
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 am

777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:

What do you think will happen, in terms of good things, if Texas goes left?

How will Texas end up any different than New York or California?


Low cost health care, low cost public education, public transit, housing assistance.


Funded how? The liberal money tree? LOL

Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.

Try smoking something different...


This may come as a shock to you but even states like Texas and Kansas need funding to come from somewhere. They ain't getting it from corporations because they do not tax them. So, guess who gets to pay for what we want? I know that is a horrible idea: people paying taxes but trust me when I say it works. It was working just fine before the big con artist himself Ronald Reagan took office and destroyed the economy and it will work again.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9075
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 am

stratclub wrote:
Obviously, California is not going to stop enforcing all crimes, but for those crimes they don't enforce, it does lower the overall crime rate. There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.


The places I grew up in were so nice, you would hardly believe it...and only 45 min from the soiled streets of SF.

Image
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 am

Aaron747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Obviously, California is not going to stop enforcing all crimes, but for those crimes they don't enforce, it does lower the overall crime rate. There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.


The places I grew up in were so nice, you would hardly believe it...and only 45 min from the soiled streets of SF.

Image



Where do these people come from who make these outlandish statements about our country ? Russia !!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:42 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
You're not gonna win arguments with liberals with statements like "infesting", but I'll humor you: did you expect Texas to receive KY's and WV's rednecks? Have you been paying attention to projections that Texas may soon be a swing state?


Firstly, I'll agree in general principle with what you're saying; he's not going to win anyone over. Ordinarily, I'm not wild about seeing people this obviously threatened. But in this case, I see no problem with it. We all knew guys like this won't take their inevitable marginalization well.

As for Texas, it came a lot closer in 2016 than anyone wants to admit. It might have even been in play then had the campaigning not been farmed out to the locals. For 2020, whether it stays GOP or does what it's certain to soon anyway is entirely a function of how much time is spent there after the generals. We're too far out to see how this will shake out just yet. But what happens there after the conventions will matter this time.

stratclub wrote:
There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.


Not sure who you're trying to fool there, 'Splode. I, for one, actually do live here, and unless you're a statistical anomaly, I have a lot more nice things than you do. And certainly more than I did when I lived in TX. If you can't make it in place like LA, you weren't going to anywhere.


777Jet wrote:
Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.


Polaroid is here to Stay! You can't beat the convenience! Seriously. That's exactly what that sounds like.


greendot wrote:
How can a Democrat possibly be on the side of morality?


Not blindly supporting your friends like Roy Moore, 45, Kavanaugh, Betsy DeVos or criminalizing woman's health and safety is a pretty good start.

greendot wrote:
I struggle to comprehend anything you said.


I would guess that anything that doesn't come with a picture from FaceBook probably presents you with similar difficulties.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
You're not gonna win arguments with liberals with statements like "infesting", but I'll humor you: did you expect Texas to receive KY's and WV's rednecks? Have you been paying attention to projections that Texas may soon be a swing state?


Firstly, I'll agree in general principle with what you're saying; he's not going to win anyone over. Ordinarily, I'm not wild about seeing people this obviously threatened. But in this case, I see no problem with it. We all knew guys like this won't take their inevitable marginalization well.

As for Texas, it came a lot closer in 2016 than anyone wants to admit. It might have even been in play then had the campaigning not been farmed out to the locals. For 2020, whether it stays GOP or does what it's certain to soon anyway is entirely a function of how much time is spent there after the generals. We're too far out to see how this will shake out just yet. But what happens there after the conventions will matter this time.

stratclub wrote:
There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.


Not sure who you're trying to fool there, 'Splode. I, for one, actually do live here, and unless you're a statistical anomaly, I have a lot more nice things than you do. And certainly more than I did when I lived in TX. If you can't make it in place like LA, you weren't going to anywhere.




777Jet wrote:
Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.


Polaroid is here to Stay! You can't beat the convenience! Seriously. That's exactly what that sounds like.


greendot wrote:
How can a Democrat possibly be on the side of morality?


Not blindly supporting your friends like Roy Moore, 45, Kavanaugh, Betsy DeVos or criminalizing woman's health and safety is a pretty good start.

greendot wrote:
I struggle to comprehend anything you said.


I would guess that anything that doesn't come with a picture from FaceBook probably presents you with similar difficulties.



Very well said, not that it matters to anyone on the right.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:56 am

seb146 wrote:
greendot wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:


Exactly. They wanted the jobs from wherever they could get them, well guess what ? The law of unintended consequences comes into play. We may find Texas going Blue faster than anyone thought. The quicker the better I say.


What do you think will happen, in terms of good things, if Texas goes left?

How will Texas end up any different than New York or California?


Low cost health care, low cost public education, public transit, housing assistance. All horrible, horrible things. If people wanted things like health care, education, transportation, housing, they shoudl have been born into money instead of working and demanding. So says the "moral" right.......


How do you get low cost health care? What specifically do you recommend? We tried Obamacare and that was a glorious failure.

Education is extremely high cost right now. We get very low performance standards and people are very uneducated (e.g. leftists). I have my own ideas but I'd like to hear how you would reduce education costs.

Public transit is great when you live in a compact metropolis. I'm not against that. But leftists always think in terms of cities and never in terms of the rest of the planet. How do the farmers that get your farm to market food get to work? What about the oil workers that fly out to rigs for two weeks at a time? Public transportation is an easy thing to say, and easy to implement in urban environments, but beyond that, what else do you mean?

Isn't the best housing assistance to get more people employed with record unemployment rates? You can thank Trump for that as Obama and all the other leftists have failed. Do you want to built Soviet style habitations? Should people live in Chinese style corporate dormitories? Should everyone live in a 250 sq. ft. tiny house?

You want all the same great things that conservatives do. The difference is that a leftist has no idea how to implement anything. That's why their only solution is strong central government control (e.g. Soviet Russia, Venezuela, NYC). Conservatives have always been far more successful, albeit imperfect, in getting the most amount of quality of life increase to everyone. The free market gives every person, every company, the *freedom* to implement their own plans rather than following the orders of a centrally planned governmental disaster (e.g. Chernobyl). What system do you have with a *proven* track record that is better than capitalism (different than corporatism)?
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:01 am

WarRI1 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
You're not gonna win arguments with liberals with statements like "infesting", but I'll humor you: did you expect Texas to receive KY's and WV's rednecks? Have you been paying attention to projections that Texas may soon be a swing state?


Firstly, I'll agree in general principle with what you're saying; he's not going to win anyone over. Ordinarily, I'm not wild about seeing people this obviously threatened. But in this case, I see no problem with it. We all knew guys like this won't take their inevitable marginalization well.

As for Texas, it came a lot closer in 2016 than anyone wants to admit. It might have even been in play then had the campaigning not been farmed out to the locals. For 2020, whether it stays GOP or does what it's certain to soon anyway is entirely a function of how much time is spent there after the generals. We're too far out to see how this will shake out just yet. But what happens there after the conventions will matter this time.

stratclub wrote:
There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.


Not sure who you're trying to fool there, 'Splode. I, for one, actually do live here, and unless you're a statistical anomaly, I have a lot more nice things than you do. And certainly more than I did when I lived in TX. If you can't make it in place like LA, you weren't going to anywhere.




777Jet wrote:
Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.


Polaroid is here to Stay! You can't beat the convenience! Seriously. That's exactly what that sounds like.


greendot wrote:
How can a Democrat possibly be on the side of morality?


Not blindly supporting your friends like Roy Moore, 45, Kavanaugh, Betsy DeVos or criminalizing woman's health and safety is a pretty good start.

greendot wrote:
I struggle to comprehend anything you said.


I would guess that anything that doesn't come with a picture from FaceBook probably presents you with similar difficulties.



Very well said, not that it matters to anyone on the right.


It does matter. Every society has always fallen. Leftism is the disease that causes it. Leftism has its place to generate ideas for change, but should never be trusted with implementation. Leftists are highly authoritarian and don't know how to accomplish anything without using the force of a gun and/or simply having a monoculture Orwellian police state. Historically this has always been true. The right is the political polarity that can be trusted to implement ideas while keeping a semblance of freedom, liberty, scalability, and equal treatment for all. That's how we ended up with the U.S. Constitution. It's very easy to be a leftist because you simply take the shortest possible path without consideration of human freedoms and liberties.
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:05 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
You're not gonna win arguments with liberals with statements like "infesting", but I'll humor you: did you expect Texas to receive KY's and WV's rednecks? Have you been paying attention to projections that Texas may soon be a swing state?


Firstly, I'll agree in general principle with what you're saying; he's not going to win anyone over. Ordinarily, I'm not wild about seeing people this obviously threatened. But in this case, I see no problem with it. We all knew guys like this won't take their inevitable marginalization well.

As for Texas, it came a lot closer in 2016 than anyone wants to admit. It might have even been in play then had the campaigning not been farmed out to the locals. For 2020, whether it stays GOP or does what it's certain to soon anyway is entirely a function of how much time is spent there after the generals. We're too far out to see how this will shake out just yet. But what happens there after the conventions will matter this time.

stratclub wrote:
There is a reason you can not have nice things in California.


Not sure who you're trying to fool there, 'Splode. I, for one, actually do live here, and unless you're a statistical anomaly, I have a lot more nice things than you do. And certainly more than I did when I lived in TX. If you can't make it in place like LA, you weren't going to anywhere.


777Jet wrote:
Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.


Polaroid is here to Stay! You can't beat the convenience! Seriously. That's exactly what that sounds like.


greendot wrote:
How can a Democrat possibly be on the side of morality?


Not blindly supporting your friends like Roy Moore, 45, Kavanaugh, Betsy DeVos or criminalizing woman's health and safety is a pretty good start.

greendot wrote:
I struggle to comprehend anything you said.


I would guess that anything that doesn't come with a picture from FaceBook probably presents you with similar difficulties.


Actually, I don't use GarbageBook because it participates in Orwellian style censorship (Ministry of Truth), Nazi style leftist book burning (the digital equivalent of), because it supports regimes that are oppressive to people (typical left), and because it supports a surveillance society (another axiom of the left). I struggle to understand you because you didn't use proper grammar and spelling.

How do you know whom I support? I actually support some leftists. Can you talk at a more granular level or must you resort to leftist-style grouping?
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 am

greendot wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Firstly, I'll agree in general principle with what you're saying; he's not going to win anyone over. Ordinarily, I'm not wild about seeing people this obviously threatened. But in this case, I see no problem with it. We all knew guys like this won't take their inevitable marginalization well.

As for Texas, it came a lot closer in 2016 than anyone wants to admit. It might have even been in play then had the campaigning not been farmed out to the locals. For 2020, whether it stays GOP or does what it's certain to soon anyway is entirely a function of how much time is spent there after the generals. We're too far out to see how this will shake out just yet. But what happens there after the conventions will matter this time.



Not sure who you're trying to fool there, 'Splode. I, for one, actually do live here, and unless you're a statistical anomaly, I have a lot more nice things than you do. And certainly more than I did when I lived in TX. If you can't make it in place like LA, you weren't going to anywhere.






Polaroid is here to Stay! You can't beat the convenience! Seriously. That's exactly what that sounds like.




Not blindly supporting your friends like Roy Moore, 45, Kavanaugh, Betsy DeVos or criminalizing woman's health and safety is a pretty good start.



I would guess that anything that doesn't come with a picture from FaceBook probably presents you with similar difficulties.



Very well said, not that it matters to anyone on the right.


It does matter. Every society has always fallen. Leftism is the disease that causes it. Leftism has its place to generate ideas for change, but should never be trusted with implementation. Leftists are highly authoritarian and don't know how to accomplish anything without using the force of a gun and/or simply having a monoculture Orwellian police state. Historically this has always been true. The right is the political polarity that can be trusted to implement ideas while keeping a semblance of freedom, liberty, scalability, and equal treatment for all. That's how we ended up with the U.S. Constitution. It's very easy to be a leftist because you simply take the shortest possible path without consideration of human freedoms and liberties.




I will not get into that gobbly gook, just tell me how many social programs after the US Constitution was enacted that the right wing has enacted or supported for the working class here.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:11 am

Aaron747 wrote:
greendot wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Pssssst. California has a lower crime rate than Texas. Or roughly the same depending on the metric.


That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere


Fake, false comment. CA has not stopped enforcing violent crime, as just one example, and has observed the same halving of violent crimes since 1980 that FBI data repeats in most other states. But what gives??? It even has one huge difference from other states - a population increase of 18 million since 1980. Wow, those zany liberal pols have definitely made it more dangerous, right? :scratchchin:

Image


I can pull out the same subset of FBI stats to show the overall national crime rate has tumbled. It's not a California only phenomena and certainly not a result of any California legislation. Can you prove your hypothesis mathematically? I'm very good at statistics. Are you? I'd love to see your equations that gives you the basis for hypothesis. If you are simply regurgitating talking points, I'd be ok if you just admitted it. Not everyone took enough advanced math to understand the uselessness of most statistical analysis.
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:14 am

WarRI1 wrote:
greendot wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:


Very well said, not that it matters to anyone on the right.


It does matter. Every society has always fallen. Leftism is the disease that causes it. Leftism has its place to generate ideas for change, but should never be trusted with implementation. Leftists are highly authoritarian and don't know how to accomplish anything without using the force of a gun and/or simply having a monoculture Orwellian police state. Historically this has always been true. The right is the political polarity that can be trusted to implement ideas while keeping a semblance of freedom, liberty, scalability, and equal treatment for all. That's how we ended up with the U.S. Constitution. It's very easy to be a leftist because you simply take the shortest possible path without consideration of human freedoms and liberties.




I will not get into that gobbly gook, just tell me how many social programs after the US Constitution was enacted that the right wing has enacted or supported for the working class here.


Gobbly gook? How intelligent.

You tell me. You already presume that social programs are a good thing. Your mindset is based on many preconceived notions. I'm not certain you are sufficiently informed to understand me without significant levels of education. You seem to talk only in left-wing talking points but certainly not as someone who has a mind of his own. You can't give a single actual solution to anything. You just hate Trump and conservatives.
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:20 am

seb146 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Low cost health care, low cost public education, public transit, housing assistance.


Funded how? The liberal money tree? LOL

Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.

Try smoking something different...


This may come as a shock to you but even states like Texas and Kansas need funding to come from somewhere. They ain't getting it from corporations because they do not tax them. So, guess who gets to pay for what we want? I know that is a horrible idea: people paying taxes but trust me when I say it works. It was working just fine before the big con artist himself Ronald Reagan took office and destroyed the economy and it will work again.


You really need to educate yourself on topics before you talk blindly and stupidly.

No income tax states like Texas DO tax corporations. They simply don't tax individuals on income tax. Taxes are done proportionately to consumption. Also, states like Texas have property taxes. That's why states like Texas don't need the federal government to operate, while the opposite is not true.

The problem with taxation is whenever it is used to fund every social program a leftist can dream of. What about people who don't believe in leftist ideologies? Are they robbed through taxation at the barrel of a gun? If big cities want to tax themselves to death, let them. Let them fail like they always do (L.A., Chicago, NYC). But, cities should not impose their failed ideologies onto everyone else. This is a free country, not a centrally planned Soviet style, Venezuelan style centrally managed leftist hell-hole.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:21 am

greendot wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
greendot wrote:

That's because California has stopped enforcing laws or decriminalized behaviors that are illegal elsewhere


Fake, false comment. CA has not stopped enforcing violent crime, as just one example, and has observed the same halving of violent crimes since 1980 that FBI data repeats in most other states. But what gives??? It even has one huge difference from other states - a population increase of 18 million since 1980. Wow, those zany liberal pols have definitely made it more dangerous, right? :scratchchin:

Image


I can pull out the same subset of FBI stats to show the overall national crime rate has tumbled. It's not a California only phenomena and certainly not a result of any California legislation. Can you prove your hypothesis mathematically? I'm very good at statistics. Are you? I'd love to see your equations that gives you the basis for hypothesis. If you are simply regurgitating talking points, I'd be ok if you just admitted it. Not everyone took enough advanced math to understand the uselessness of most statistical analysis.



I guess that means that California is as good as Texas then when it comes to living peacefully and well. It is not the arm pit of the country because leans to the Liberal side. Crime is down everywhere you say including California. That chart is good enough for me and I am not a math wiz, but I do not understand how you can condemn California just because it did not for for the rump. I give them credit for that alone.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
777Jet
Posts: 6969
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 am

seb146 wrote:
777Jet wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Low cost health care, low cost public education, public transit, housing assistance.


Funded how? The liberal money tree? LOL

Texas will remain red and be carried by President Trump in the 2020 election.

Try smoking something different...


This may come as a shock to you but even states like Texas and Kansas need funding to come from somewhere. They ain't getting it from corporations because they do not tax them. So, guess who gets to pay for what we want? I know that is a horrible idea: people paying taxes but trust me when I say it works. It was working just fine before the big con artist himself Ronald Reagan took office and destroyed the economy and it will work again.


The big con artist who was re-elected with 525 to 13 EC votes? Wow! What a con job... :roll:
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388
 
BN747
Posts: 6341
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:24 am

stratclub wrote:
https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-da-creuzot-under-fire-for-criminal-justice-reforms-11646752
"Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot defended his recent decision to stop prosecuting certain quality-of-life crimes over the objections of members of the Dallas City Council's Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee on Monday. The reforms, Creuzot said, are meant to make Dallas a safer, more equitable city, not to enable those who commit low-level offenses, as critics of the new policies have accused Creuzot of doing".

The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.


Criminal Justice Reform? That's only a problem for people who don't believe there's an horrific injustice (for centuries) in the American (especially Texas)...like YOU.

But some semblance of equal Justice is coming, finally...starting with the asswipes who killed James Byrd Jr by tying him to their pickup and dragging him a few miles until his body was rtipped apart and strewn all over the place.

https://meaww.com/death-row-inmate-bizarre-last-meal-request-resulted-tradition-banned-dragging-death-james-byrd-jr
A white supremacist, John William King, who was executed on April 24 in Texas for the 1998 dragging death of James Byrd Jr., was denied the option of choosing his final meal all thanks to fellow killer who got the tradition banned.

I don't there's more than 3 or 4 cases (if that many of white killers escape death for murdering blacks and Asians & Latinos).
The good ol' Texas are changing FOR THE BETTER.

Future Texas will, rid itself of lame sell out politicians like Cruz and elect more (and real Latinos) to power as they are doing with the Castro Bros.
It will see more equality in the enforcement of Justice for all citizens.
WEED will become legal.
They stop whitewashing History books and return them to covering 'a complete history of America instead of jesus and Dinosaurs BS.
Texas is headed this way ->BLUE.

Then the old Texans will relocate to Idaho & Wyoming...who should be reduced to 1 Senator each in the next decade or so.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:48 am

BN747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-da-creuzot-under-fire-for-criminal-justice-reforms-11646752
"Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot defended his recent decision to stop prosecuting certain quality-of-life crimes over the objections of members of the Dallas City Council's Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee on Monday. The reforms, Creuzot said, are meant to make Dallas a safer, more equitable city, not to enable those who commit low-level offenses, as critics of the new policies have accused Creuzot of doing".

The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.


Criminal Justice Reform? That's only a problem for people who don't believe there's an horrific injustice (for centuries) in the American (especially Texas)...like YOU.

But some semblance of equal Justice is coming, finally...starting with the asswipes who killed James Byrd Jr by tying him to their pickup and dragging him a few miles until his body was rtipped apart and strewn all over the place.

https://meaww.com/death-row-inmate-bizarre-last-meal-request-resulted-tradition-banned-dragging-death-james-byrd-jr
A white supremacist, John William King, who was executed on April 24 in Texas for the 1998 dragging death of James Byrd Jr., was denied the option of choosing his final meal all thanks to fellow killer who got the tradition banned.

I don't there's more than 3 or 4 cases (if that many of white killers escape death for murdering blacks and Asians & Latinos).
The good ol' Texas are changing FOR THE BETTER.

Future Texas will, rid itself of lame sell out politicians like Cruz and elect more (and real Latinos) to power as they are doing with the Castro Bros.
It will see more equality in the enforcement of Justice for all citizens.
WEED will become legal.
They stop whitewashing History books and return them to covering 'a complete history of America instead of jesus and Dinosaurs BS.
Texas is headed this way ->BLUE.

Then the old Texans will relocate to Idaho & Wyoming...who should be reduced to 1 Senator each in the next decade or so.

BN747


Didn't Trump just get some of the best legislation passed for Criminal Justice Reform? I never saw the left do anything comparable. What is their crowning achievement? Legalizing child prostitution and infecting others with HIV is no longer a felony?

Why are leftists so enamored with chemical addictions like weed? Are their lives so pathetic that they cannot see beauty in life that they need to be chemically altered just to survive?

What is wrong with Ted Cruz? He's a real Hispanic, unlike Beto 'Beta' O'Roarke. Real Hispanics (like me), are hard workers, value education, serve in our military, follow laws, and we think for ourselves rather than some collectivist leftist monoculture who have never actually accomplished anything except for masterpieces such as Venezuela, Soviet Russia, and even National Socialism. Cruz is a Constitutionalist. The left has no real principles - it changes depending on what they need to claim to believe at the time to get voters. Remember when Bill Clinton and even the Democrat party talked about the danger of illegal immigration. It's funny how they have gone 180 degrees the other way to get voters in their permanent underclass.

Humans have deep faults. Christians understand this because they pray allegiance and thanks to God, who is perfect and whom we cannot imitate because of our flawed natures. Is this why leftists hate Christians so much? Is it because leftists believe in the supremeness of the human above all else? In the short term, this arrogance always results in winning a few battles. How many left leaning people have won the war? None. Texas may go blue but it will swing back in the same way that the Democrats have had to resort to importing their voter base and selling igloos to Eskimos just to get votes. Leftists will always lose in the end. The only question is, how much harm will they do on the way?
Last edited by greendot on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
apodino
Posts: 3440
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:55 am

This is an interesting thread where people on both sides of the aisle are so sure in their beliefs that they will automatically dismiss what the other side has to say without even listening in an effort to prove them wrong. I am a right leaning voter myself, but when language like the title of this thread is used it makes me believe that the OP doesn't see liberals as good people but as diseases or rodents, and the sad thing is that is exactly what China and Russia want liberals and conservatives to think of each other.

As for the point of the original post. The thread starter referred to a trend which has been happening in a lot of urban areas, which is that the DA's who are being elected more and more often are taking a more reform approach to justice rather than a prosecutorial approach and in a lot of cases a lot of petty crime is going unprosecuted as a result. Much was written about the Jessie Smolett case and Kim Foxx's decision not to prosecute. The police union was livid and almost every agency in Cook County has given her a vote of no confidence. The Smolett case was the trigger, but prosecutorial decisions that she had been making for months prior have taken on this new approach, and the Police Departments have been fed up long before that case.

Addressing some other points that have been raised at various points.

1. No one is a greater advocate for public transportation than myself as I was raised on the Subway in Boston. Greendot is right in that it is very difficult to make public transit work outside of Urban areas. I would argue however that even most urban areas lack a good public transport system, which forces everyone into cars. The only cities in this country that I feel have a good public transit system are Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, and San Francisco. I live in the DFW area, and the area has grown so much that the roads are congested. They have a concept called express lanes there, where you can pay a toll to go in a separate lane with a higher speed limit. But the main lanes are still very congested. You can only widen highways so much, and I have seen no evidence it solves the problem. Other issues are the DART is focused on the Dallas side of the metroplex, and there is no commuter rail network. Many other cities have a small light rail system, but nothing that can handle what needs to be handled. The bottom line is we as americans are too addicted to our Automobiles. If we were a more public transit oriented society, we would actually get more exercise as we would be walking more, driving less. We wouldn't be using as much oil, and climate change would be slowed.

2. I actually feel that property taxes and sales taxes are more progressive than income taxes. People with money are more likely to both spend more money and own more pricey property. Very few poor people will pay property tax as most of them are likely renting.

3. I don't think anyone is in disagreement over the fact that Health Care costs are too high. The question is how do you address it? Single payer has been proposed by the left, and competition across state lines on the right. The problem with the rights thinking is inevitably some medical thing happens that requires a huge amount of money that may not be covered. The problem with the lefts thinking is that it gives more power to the government, and the more they acquire the more they want until we literally hand over all our freedoms.

4. Climate change is very real and the GOP is very foolish to admit otherwise. That being said, the people changing their habits is the best way to combat it, not government policy.

5. Labor Unions still have an important role, however they need to address the corruption and dictatorial nature that they operate in. For example, prior to the US/AA merger the US mechanics were represented by the IAM, and the AA mechanics by the TWU. Because of AFL-CIO rules in this situation, there was no representation election after the merger and an association of both unions was formed without any input from the membership. These groups have been bogged down in negotiations for 3 years because the IAM and the TWU have different interests at the bargaining table, and membership continues to seek accountability with no success. In another example, the UPS mechanics represented by the teamsters voted down a TA that was reached between the Teamsters and the company. Despite the membership rejecting the contract, the teamsters got with the company and signed it anyways making it effective. Sadly laws that would help hold unions accountable are dismissed by Democratic politicians addicted to their campaign spending. That being said, Unions can still do some good. The Stop and Shop strike proved that.

I think we in Texas are doing pretty well all things considered. And if we want to implement some things in Texas that will help our state, I am all for that. Just as long as we don't implement an income tax I will be happy.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 12912
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:07 am

greendot wrote:
BN747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-da-creuzot-under-fire-for-criminal-justice-reforms-11646752
"Dallas County District Attorney John Creuzot defended his recent decision to stop prosecuting certain quality-of-life crimes over the objections of members of the Dallas City Council's Public Safety and Criminal Justice Committee on Monday. The reforms, Creuzot said, are meant to make Dallas a safer, more equitable city, not to enable those who commit low-level offenses, as critics of the new policies have accused Creuzot of doing".

The best way to lower crime? Do like California does and don't enforce laws.


Criminal Justice Reform? That's only a problem for people who don't believe there's an horrific injustice (for centuries) in the American (especially Texas)...like YOU.

But some semblance of equal Justice is coming, finally...starting with the asswipes who killed James Byrd Jr by tying him to their pickup and dragging him a few miles until his body was rtipped apart and strewn all over the place.

https://meaww.com/death-row-inmate-bizarre-last-meal-request-resulted-tradition-banned-dragging-death-james-byrd-jr
A white supremacist, John William King, who was executed on April 24 in Texas for the 1998 dragging death of James Byrd Jr., was denied the option of choosing his final meal all thanks to fellow killer who got the tradition banned.

I don't there's more than 3 or 4 cases (if that many of white killers escape death for murdering blacks and Asians & Latinos).
The good ol' Texas are changing FOR THE BETTER.

Future Texas will, rid itself of lame sell out politicians like Cruz and elect more (and real Latinos) to power as they are doing with the Castro Bros.
It will see more equality in the enforcement of Justice for all citizens.
WEED will become legal.
They stop whitewashing History books and return them to covering 'a complete history of America instead of jesus and Dinosaurs BS.
Texas is headed this way ->BLUE.

Then the old Texans will relocate to Idaho & Wyoming...who should be reduced to 1 Senator each in the next decade or so.

BN747


Didn't Trump just get some of the best legislation passed for Criminal Justice Reform? I never saw the left do anything comparable. What is their crowning achievement? Legalizing child prostitution and infecting others with HIV is no longer a felony?

Why are leftists so enamored with chemical addictions like weed? Are their lives so pathetic that they cannot see beauty in life that they need to be chemically altered just to survive?

What is wrong with Ted Cruz? He's a real Hispanic, unlike Beto 'Beta' O'Roarke. Real Hispanics (like me), are hard workers, value education, serve in our military, follow laws, and we think for ourselves rather than some collectivist leftist monoculture who has never actually anything except for Venezuela, Soviet Russia, and even National Socialism. Cruz is a Constitutionalist. The left has no real principles - it changes depending on what they need to claim to believe at the time to get voters. Remember when Bill Clinton and even the Democrat party talked about the danger of illegal immigration. It's funny how they have gone 180 degrees the other way to get voters in their permanent underclass.

Humans have deep faults. Christians understand this because they pray allegiance and thanks to God, who is perfect and whom we cannot imitate because of our flawed natures. Is this why leftists hate Christians so much? Is it because leftists believe in the supremeness of the human above all else? In the short term, this arrogance always results in winning a few battles. How many left leaning people have won the war? None. Texas may go blue but it will swing back in the same way that the Democrats have had to resort to importing their voter base and selling igloos to Eskimos just to get votes. Leftists will always lose in the end. The only question is, how much harm will they do on the way?



I am sitting here trying to make sense of your views. We do not have Democrats anymore? We who do not agree with fringe elements of the old Republican Party are now Leftists, kind of sounds like the cold war days. We are now bringing the Almighty into the argument? That is usually not a good idea. Religious people cause a ton of problems in the world as we see everyday. Now its right and left, not Democrats and Republicans, this worries me, this sounds like fringe politics, this sounds like extremism, not rational politics. Certainly not debatable and that is dangerous, just as your leader is dangerous to our way of government and our institutions.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9075
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:20 am

apodino wrote:
This is an interesting thread where people on both sides of the aisle are so sure in their beliefs that they will automatically dismiss what the other side has to say without even listening in an effort to prove them wrong. I am a right leaning voter myself, but when language like the title of this thread is used it makes me believe that the OP doesn't see liberals as good people but as diseases or rodents, and the sad thing is that is exactly what China and Russia want liberals and conservatives to think of each other.

As for the point of the original post. The thread starter referred to a trend which has been happening in a lot of urban areas, which is that the DA's who are being elected more and more often are taking a more reform approach to justice rather than a prosecutorial approach and in a lot of cases a lot of petty crime is going unprosecuted as a result. Much was written about the Jessie Smolett case and Kim Foxx's decision not to prosecute. The police union was livid and almost every agency in Cook County has given her a vote of no confidence. The Smolett case was the trigger, but prosecutorial decisions that she had been making for months prior have taken on this new approach, and the Police Departments have been fed up long before that case.

Addressing some other points that have been raised at various points.

1. No one is a greater advocate for public transportation than myself as I was raised on the Subway in Boston. Greendot is right in that it is very difficult to make public transit work outside of Urban areas. I would argue however that even most urban areas lack a good public transport system, which forces everyone into cars. The only cities in this country that I feel have a good public transit system are Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, and San Francisco. I live in the DFW area, and the area has grown so much that the roads are congested. They have a concept called express lanes there, where you can pay a toll to go in a separate lane with a higher speed limit. But the main lanes are still very congested. You can only widen highways so much, and I have seen no evidence it solves the problem. Other issues are the DART is focused on the Dallas side of the metroplex, and there is no commuter rail network. Many other cities have a small light rail system, but nothing that can handle what needs to be handled. The bottom line is we as americans are too addicted to our Automobiles. If we were a more public transit oriented society, we would actually get more exercise as we would be walking more, driving less. We wouldn't be using as much oil, and climate change would be slowed.

2. I actually feel that property taxes and sales taxes are more progressive than income taxes. People with money are more likely to both spend more money and own more pricey property. Very few poor people will pay property tax as most of them are likely renting.

3. I don't think anyone is in disagreement over the fact that Health Care costs are too high. The question is how do you address it? Single payer has been proposed by the left, and competition across state lines on the right. The problem with the rights thinking is inevitably some medical thing happens that requires a huge amount of money that may not be covered. The problem with the lefts thinking is that it gives more power to the government, and the more they acquire the more they want until we literally hand over all our freedoms.

4. Climate change is very real and the GOP is very foolish to admit otherwise. That being said, the people changing their habits is the best way to combat it, not government policy.

5. Labor Unions still have an important role, however they need to address the corruption and dictatorial nature that they operate in. For example, prior to the US/AA merger the US mechanics were represented by the IAM, and the AA mechanics by the TWU. Because of AFL-CIO rules in this situation, there was no representation election after the merger and an association of both unions was formed without any input from the membership. These groups have been bogged down in negotiations for 3 years because the IAM and the TWU have different interests at the bargaining table, and membership continues to seek accountability with no success. In another example, the UPS mechanics represented by the teamsters voted down a TA that was reached between the Teamsters and the company. Despite the membership rejecting the contract, the teamsters got with the company and signed it anyways making it effective. Sadly laws that would help hold unions accountable are dismissed by Democratic politicians addicted to their campaign spending. That being said, Unions can still do some good. The Stop and Shop strike proved that.

I think we in Texas are doing pretty well all things considered. And if we want to implement some things in Texas that will help our state, I am all for that. Just as long as we don't implement an income tax I will be happy.


An excellent, nuanced post, as usual. Some comments:

1. There are two things working against effective solutions in the US: infill development and induced demand. As you say - widening roads doesn't work, and adding transit infrastructure in low density areas doesn't work. Many US cities, Dallas included, have had a downtown renaissance in the last 20 years, and infill/redevelopment are in vogue. But all this does is put strain on parking capacity and roads, and now everyone feels the results. Infill is great for property developers, but has negative lasting effects for years. As the suburbs go ever further out, we do need more roads, but bottlenecks inevitably see higher congestion from the induced demand. Unfortunately, with how things changed in American development from the 1950s on, there doesn't seem to be a good solution currently that can work across metropolitan areas in a cost-effective manner.

2. I agree - property taxes are the ultimate progressive tax.

3. Rescinding the 1973 HMO Act would be a good start to eliminate the profit motive from the service end of the healthcare industry. Having lived in three other countries, the economics of a large risk pool can't be argued with - medical professionals can still make a good living, and costs can be controlled with careful planning. Culturally though, the US may not be able to handle a system where the government exercises such planning and control - perhaps an independent third-party arbiter would be necessary as a bridge, but that would bring administrative costs of its own. Either way, the hospital CEOs making millions and pharma buying up every second of cable ad time would be a thing of the past, and I doubt anyone would miss it.

4. Agreed in principle, but we're running out of time. At the rate Brazil, Congo, and Indonesia are destroying rain forest for short-term livestock and palm oil gain, we need sweeping change that doesn't take 20 years to percolate.

5. Again this is where regulation might help. We can't wait a generation for union bosses to be voted out/replaced and corruption probes to be completed. Democrats and independents need to be *much* more aggressive with getting organized labor cleaned up and taken seriously as a counterweight to the natural downstream of how corporations are run today, with bean-counting MBAs squeezing every cent out of labor and wage suppression they can to meet 2Q's KPIs.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
greendot
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:27 am

apodino wrote:
This is an interesting thread where people on both sides of the aisle are so sure in their beliefs that they will automatically dismiss what the other side has to say without even listening in an effort to prove them wrong. I am a right leaning voter myself, but when language like the title of this thread is used it makes me believe that the OP doesn't see liberals as good people but as diseases or rodents, and the sad thing is that is exactly what China and Russia want liberals and conservatives to think of each other.

As for the point of the original post. The thread starter referred to a trend which has been happening in a lot of urban areas, which is that the DA's who are being elected more and more often are taking a more reform approach to justice rather than a prosecutorial approach and in a lot of cases a lot of petty crime is going unprosecuted as a result. Much was written about the Jessie Smolett case and Kim Foxx's decision not to prosecute. The police union was livid and almost every agency in Cook County has given her a vote of no confidence. The Smolett case was the trigger, but prosecutorial decisions that she had been making for months prior have taken on this new approach, and the Police Departments have been fed up long before that case.

Addressing some other points that have been raised at various points.

1. No one is a greater advocate for public transportation than myself as I was raised on the Subway in Boston. Greendot is right in that it is very difficult to make public transit work outside of Urban areas. I would argue however that even most urban areas lack a good public transport system, which forces everyone into cars. The only cities in this country that I feel have a good public transit system are Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, and San Francisco. I live in the DFW area, and the area has grown so much that the roads are congested. They have a concept called express lanes there, where you can pay a toll to go in a separate lane with a higher speed limit. But the main lanes are still very congested. You can only widen highways so much, and I have seen no evidence it solves the problem. Other issues are the DART is focused on the Dallas side of the metroplex, and there is no commuter rail network. Many other cities have a small light rail system, but nothing that can handle what needs to be handled. The bottom line is we as americans are too addicted to our Automobiles. If we were a more public transit oriented society, we would actually get more exercise as we would be walking more, driving less. We wouldn't be using as much oil, and climate change would be slowed.

2. I actually feel that property taxes and sales taxes are more progressive than income taxes. People with money are more likely to both spend more money and own more pricey property. Very few poor people will pay property tax as most of them are likely renting.

3. I don't think anyone is in disagreement over the fact that Health Care costs are too high. The question is how do you address it? Single payer has been proposed by the left, and competition across state lines on the right. The problem with the rights thinking is inevitably some medical thing happens that requires a huge amount of money that may not be covered. The problem with the lefts thinking is that it gives more power to the government, and the more they acquire the more they want until we literally hand over all our freedoms.

4. Climate change is very real and the GOP is very foolish to admit otherwise. That being said, the people changing their habits is the best way to combat it, not government policy.

5. Labor Unions still have an important role, however they need to address the corruption and dictatorial nature that they operate in. For example, prior to the US/AA merger the US mechanics were represented by the IAM, and the AA mechanics by the TWU. Because of AFL-CIO rules in this situation, there was no representation election after the merger and an association of both unions was formed without any input from the membership. These groups have been bogged down in negotiations for 3 years because the IAM and the TWU have different interests at the bargaining table, and membership continues to seek accountability with no success. In another example, the UPS mechanics represented by the teamsters voted down a TA that was reached between the Teamsters and the company. Despite the membership rejecting the contract, the teamsters got with the company and signed it anyways making it effective. Sadly laws that would help hold unions accountable are dismissed by Democratic politicians addicted to their campaign spending. That being said, Unions can still do some good. The Stop and Shop strike proved that.

I think we in Texas are doing pretty well all things considered. And if we want to implement some things in Texas that will help our state, I am all for that. Just as long as we don't implement an income tax I will be happy.


1. I would prefer having smaller cities or villages where newer transportation networks can be created that rely on automated robotic delivery networks to maximize usage of railroads, drones, electric vehicles and so on. This would also force each one of us to walk more, simultaneously tackling the obesity problem. Yes, the problem is cars and the whole infrastructure built on their existence. The problem now is that no one has stepped up to design the alternative. The left wants everyone to live in compact slums but this is not the solution. Until we dissolve the notions of big cities, not much will change.

2. Property taxes are more fair. The founding fathers spoke against taxation without representation for a reason. They spoke against unapportioned taxes for a reason. This is what the federal income tax is. The founding fathers were far smarter, and far more "progressive", than any leftist who simply takes a Soviet style approach to property.

3. The best way to lower health care costs is to get the government out of it. Treat the health care industry just like any other industry. No tax breaks, no special laws. Let's look at vaccines for example. The product insert of the Flu vaccine clearly states that it is no better than placebo. Yet, it's pushed by every corporation and by mainstream media because it's a big money maker. Government is used to force vaccination. To add insult to injury, when you get hurt from them, you can't even sue in a court of due process! There is a special law prohibiting you from suing the vaccine manufacturer. Instead, you get a terrible Vaccine Compensation Fund set up by big-pharma. Furthermore, we need to allow more freedom of speech so that non-profits like Consumer Reports can rate doctors and hospitals. Healthcare has a horrible record of success for treatment yet we pay them huge sums of money.

We will never get a healthcare system that works for everyone. I wouldn't mind funding co-ops of healthcare where you can pay lower fees to get a known quantity of services. However, it would have to be a completely voluntary model. Systems like Canada and Britain's NHS do not work well. Where I live, small ERs are popping up that have real doctors but cost significantly less.

4. I'm educated in science and while I *believe* that climate change is a big problem, we have to be careful claiming that is a scientific fact - it isn't. What I believe is a statement of faith. I'd love it if science could provide equations that accurately describe climate change. Sadly all climate models have failed to accurately model anything - this is factual. There are too many variables that are missing which is why the best we have are semi-mathematical models that require massive modification at each run. In the meantime, I do believe we could fix our species' contribution to global collapse in many ways. I would start by discouraging people, at a cultural level, from caring so much about things that don't matter like sports, actors, and politics. We need to idolize smart people and people who innovate. This has to be done at a cultural level because otherwise big corporations or mentally challenged politicians will find a way to force people back into living in the Matrix, rather than as humans. We will evolve as a species because of smart people (not authoritarian leftists). Have you seen the patent from a USN scientist where he has a means of reducing the effects of gravity on mass? Imagine the effect that could have on transportation! Imagine if we shift from using polymers for things like bottles and instead use organically derived products such as seaweed to make containers. I don't think polymers (plastics) will ever go away but we can at least contain the recycling of them and the wasteful disposal of them. Capitalism is the best system to provide the means by which individual entrepreneurs can revolutionize things. Have a centrally managed government requiring recycling will simply keep us dependent on polymers while discouraging innovation. This is why the Soviets or any other socialist state never really creates anything new. They are always stuck shuffling around what they had or by outsourcing their innovation to countries like the USA.

5. Unions have their place. Many of the laws (e.g. Railway Labor Act) are detrimental to union action and need to be repealed since they are pro-corporation.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17209
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 am

greendot wrote:
I had asked you about evidence of the successes of leftist policies but I've only gotten empty statements. Sorry but that business insider article is nowhere near enough data to make an informed decision. That's simply aggregate statistics with too many assumption behind it in order to use it for useful speculation. Show me some really large datasets, let me look at the assumptions, then I can analyze your viewpoint. I'm quite good at studying large datasets with Matlab (or most math packages). Give me real data and I might agree with your statements if they can be proven to be empirically true.

Got it--freely available federal funding and taxes by state is too complicated for you. Then where did you draw your conclusion that California is a net taker? $1 you can't support that with any evidence.

greendot wrote:
My evidence is history. Leftist ideologies have only resulted in Venezuela, Cuba, and the Soviet Union. This country was founded by entrepreneurs who used capitalism to create where nothing had been created before. California would be nothing had not a group of scientists and engineers not worked to create the transistor. Even the transistor needed a jumpstart from the vacuum tube, which was developed out of a need for telecomm companies of the time needing a way to amplify voice transmissions across great distances. The space program was a success largely because of the individuals in various corporations who designed different parts of the various technologies ranging from space suits to rocket engines. In more modern history, companies like Apple were started by 2 individuals with a great idea which they took to market. There are literally thousands of examples of the benefits of a capitalistic economy. Where is your great example? You seem quite unhinged when someone is critical of what you believe but you won't defend it with facts.

Again, zero evidence but a whole lotta meaningless mumbo jumbo. Homelessness is up over the last couple years in spite of the improved economy so now what? Where have conservatives successfully reduced homelessness? Give us a link, not your crazy train to Jade Helm
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
stratclub
Topic Author
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: Liberals Are Infesting Texas

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:04 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
greendot wrote:
I had asked you about evidence of the successes of leftist policies but I've only gotten empty statements. Sorry but that business insider article is nowhere near enough data to make an informed decision. That's simply aggregate statistics with too many assumption behind it in order to use it for useful speculation. Show me some really large datasets, let me look at the assumptions, then I can analyze your viewpoint. I'm quite good at studying large datasets with Matlab (or most math packages). Give me real data and I might agree with your statements if they can be proven to be empirically true.

Got it--freely available federal funding and taxes by state is too complicated for you. Then where did you draw your conclusion that California is a net taker? $1 you can't support that with any evidence.

greendot wrote:
My evidence is history. Leftist ideologies have only resulted in Venezuela, Cuba, and the Soviet Union. This country was founded by entrepreneurs who used capitalism to create where nothing had been created before. California would be nothing had not a group of scientists and engineers not worked to create the transistor. Even the transistor needed a jumpstart from the vacuum tube, which was developed out of a need for telecomm companies of the time needing a way to amplify voice transmissions across great distances. The space program was a success largely because of the individuals in various corporations who designed different parts of the various technologies ranging from space suits to rocket engines. In more modern history, companies like Apple were started by 2 individuals with a great idea which they took to market. There are literally thousands of examples of the benefits of a capitalistic economy. Where is your great example? You seem quite unhinged when someone is critical of what you believe but you won't defend it with facts.

Again, zero evidence but a whole lotta meaningless mumbo jumbo. Homelessness is up over the last couple years in spite of the improved economy so now what? Where have conservatives successfully reduced homelessness? Give us a link, not your crazy train to Jade Helm

Well actually the homeless situation in California is because of Democrats that have totally lost their minds lunatic legislation. No matter how much money California has, the liberal Democrats will just spend it all and make California's problems worse. Can you imagine a once great city like San Fransisco where the city has to hire workers to shovel human waste off of the streets because of the homelessness problem?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KentB27, Reinhardt, SCQ83, seat64k, Tugger and 28 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos