What exactly has you so passionately supportive of trump? I’m really curious. What about him is actually worthy of your support? Of Republicans’ support? Conservatives’ support?
Excellent question. First, I don't consider myself passionate about Trump. I don't particularly like him. To put it simply, for me and all of the Trump supporters I know, he is simply sand in the gears of the deep state govt/media machine that would sell out our country for profit and/or power
(on both sides of the aisle). He is also the instrument that we would use to destroy the Republican party of George W Bush, John McCain, William Kristol, and their despicable ilk.1. Looks to me like its TRUMP who clearly would sell the county out for profit and/or power. He has shown time and time again how he will side with abhorrent dictators over the county's intelligence apparatus and officials. He will disregard the nation's military brass, members of his cabinet, leaders of our government agencies, all of whom have the expertise and training to understand these issues and the people/countries we're dealing with. None of the positions or attitudes he has taken on foreign policy issues have been in the best interest of the country. They have all been in his own vain self interest with respect to how he wants to be seen around the country and the world and to ensure his financial solvency after he leaves office. His whole presidency thing was a marketing effort for Trump Enterprises. He could give less than a damn about this country and our people.
As far as what I like about Trump, for me, it was initially about saving the country from Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, and Hillary Clinton. I don't like Ted Cruz at all, Jeb, meh, Hillary, I don't care or her much, but she would have made a reputable and distinguished president.
It was also about reducing regulations He is completely conflicted when it comes to what regulations should be modified and to what extent they should be. Once again, there are career policy makers who have developed regulations over the decades based on experts, data, research, and a host of other objective guidance that led to the regulations we have in place today that protect us from the horrors we had to deal with over the years that the country was developing and becoming more modern from the "dog eat dog" ways of the industrial era in American history where capitalist ideals were win at all costs to the detriment of public health and safety and employee rights.
, and his list of 25 judges that he would nominate Any republican could have nominated judges. trump didn't make the list. he took a sheet of paper filled out by other republicans and read the names off to the camera. Rather than electing a republican who could have just as easily furthered the republicans' causes, you all chose a bafoon totally devoid of any morals or character, let alone sense of intelligence or understanding of history or any other discipline one needs to know about in order to properly run the most sophisticated and powerful country on the face of the earth. The fact that so many people so recklessly elected him is more disappointing than anything because it says that there is such a large number of people in the country who don't feel the importance of who we need to put in that office.
. But I agreed with many of his positions during the election. Here is a brief list of positions/accomplishments of the Trump administration that I support:
• The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act The tax "cuts" is a farce. They were funds that were shifted from one budget line item to another. The money coming in from the largest segment of the population is used to pay for services we all, including the wealthy, need provided by the government, but the wealthy with more money, but who have the most tax deductions available to them pay less in taxes. All the tax bill did was increase the money the rich save at tax time which due to the percentage of taxes that come out of their gross income being adjusted due to their deductions and credits, but it did nothing to actually increase the net income or tax savings for the bulk of the nation's tax paying population
• Positions on better trade deals (with China, Canada, Mexico, Europe, etc...)He is talking into a microphone saying over-simplified platitudes about how these countries have been taking advantage of America and then blowing up agreements we've negotiated over decades like a bull in a China shop with absolutely not idea how these issues really work. He thinks he's the first person to ever evaluate and develop policy on these issues. Like he woke up one day and was the only person on earth who had ever thought about global trade and how to manage it
• Focus on apprenticeships for young paople Where has he ever come out with a policy on that?
• Reducing regulations in broad sectors of the economySee my comment above. His cronies have be put into leadership in federal agencies when their careers have been spent in industries antithetical to what the agencies were put in place to regulate.
• Focus on a more secure border - I want him to build the wall, but Congress won't let him...I agree there is a huge flaw in the immigration system in this county. But I think it has more to do with a fork in the road that the country is at as a result of our history and development since the founding being based on immigration (forced and voluntary) and the current modern issues associated with the causes of the influx of people from south and central America. Its not the numbers coming in thats the problem. Its been a steady in flow into the country since its inception. The problem is the element that is coming in. What pisses people off and causes them to think its racial is that there were just as many ruthless crime and gang ridden immigrants coming into the country from Russia, Ireland and Italy throughout the entire 19th and 20th centuries and there wasn't such an outcry. Why is there now such a moralistic outrage of these "criminals" coming in from the South and Central American regions?[i]
• Replacing Obamacare with something better (this will never happen thanks to John McCain)[i]Nothing better than the ACA ( I hate it when people call it obamacare) has been proposed and anything that has come close has been rejected by the people. trump has no clue what to do about health care. Once again, you all are looking for something this man is not equipped to give you
• Tariffs to protect US industries Tariffs will ruin US industries...which is why that hasn't been US policy before now. It seems like an easy fix but it isn't.
• Rolled back Obama’s deals with CubaI am not knowledgable enough about this policy issue as I need to be to give an opinion so I won't.
• Support for Israel, recognizing Jerusalem as its capitalthe US has long had a one sided position on the Israel/Palestinian conflict which it shouldn't have. The issue is not longer just a religious/moral/ geopolitical issue for the U.S. because Israel's interests and conduct throughout the world has changed. The U.S. should adopt a more neutral position because its blind loyalty to that country allows Israel to be a bad actor without the same consequences that we would impose on any other country
• Reducing tension with North Koreathe tension with N. Korea has not changed at all. Kim jung un has played trump like a fiddle because he knows how vain he is and that he can manipulate him simply by flattering him and making him feel good and he knows trump will ignore all of the country's intelligence and geopolitical experts just because kim wrote him a love letter
• Avoiding new foreign warsUmmmm, have you not been watching what's going on? We on the verge of nuclear war with Iran, in a trade war with China, now in a trade war with Mexico, f...ing around with Syria...all of which we had no reason to do. We better hope these countries do get together an gang up on us while our politics are in a flux because trump has pissed off our allies so we won't have anyone to turn to for help
• Defeat of ISISIsis was on the way out long before trump started his presidency fiasco
• Set terms for peace with the TalibanWut??? No he didn't.
• Pushing (successfully) to get NATO members to spend more on their national defenseNATO hasn't changed their policies yet. Also, its not as simple as these countries writing bigger checks...again, something may other people have tried to explain to him but he has no capability to comprehend complex information...unfortunately, neither does his supporters so here we are...the blind leading the blind and the ignorant following the ignorant. They bought into his over-simplified "build the wall", "lock her up" phrases and think that's all there is to the world
• Increased prosecutions of criminals for unlawful use of fire arms Where the hell are you getting this from?
• Support for US energy independence The only energy independence we have gotten is from the modern efficient energy efforts we were on the trajectory of achieving along with the rest of the world before trump weasled his way into the white house. Now with his crony Rick Perry leading the dept of energy, we are DEpendant on the oil and gas industry for our energy needs, which is taking us backwards
• Signed an Executive Order that placed a five-year ban on lobbying and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign countries for people working in his administration.I dont know where you got this from either
• SCOTUS nominationsYeah, I was somewhat ok with Gorsuch but Kavanaugh makes me ill
• Focus on STEM and school choiceI havent heard trump once articulate a policy on this. And considering who he put in charge of the Dept of Ed, no parent in this country should place any faith in his administration's ability to effectively run the education system or implement serious public education policy
I know that many of these things like tax cuts, energy independence, and fair trade would be reversed by any of the Dems that will run in 2020, and most of the RINO Repubs that might challenge Trump. So, I will continue to support him, unless a better choice comes along.I truly think any other person, other than donald trump, would be supported by dems and repubicans at this point. This is probably the best possible time for a good strong competitor to trump from the republican party to challenge him. I think they would get broad support from both parties. I am not really liking any of the dem candidates, except joe biden, so there is still room for a republican to get in there...but the more support your party puts behind trump, the less the rest of the country will have any respect for republicans because they seem like a bunch of hypocrits. All the values you all have touted for so long and moral conservatism, etc. etc. went out the window when you all supported trump as your leader. He stands for nothing republicans have been preaching for generations. Even though dems or liberals don't agree with republicans, at least we always knew where you all stood. Its really sad
I finally had the time and energy to respond to all of this. Sorry for the delay. I'm sure you're gonna give me an "eye" full so I will await your responses