User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:17 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s always nice to see when a hoax that has been perpetrated on the American people is uncovered. No collusion with Russia. That’s a huge finding and an absolutely wonderful thing for our country.


When you worship a lying racist. that is a very low bar to set. Do you encourage your partner to cheat on you and then applaud when they fail?

The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:19 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I encourage the Democrats commence impeachment proceedings. It will be fun to watch them fail yet again.


It will be fun to point out that it will be for allowing a Foreign Government to subvert American Elections. See how the GOP wants to vote on that one.


You can't impeach Obama, he's no longer President.
 
BN747
Topic Author
Posts: 6542
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s always nice to see when a hoax that has been perpetrated on the American people is uncovered. No collusion with Russia. That’s a huge finding and an absolutely wonderful thing for our country.


When you worship a lying racist. that is a very low bar to set. Do you encourage your partner to cheat on you and then applaud when they fail?


Imaginary partners don't count.


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s always nice to see when a hoax that has been perpetrated on the American people is uncovered. No collusion with Russia. That’s a huge finding and an absolutely wonderful thing for our country.


When you worship a lying racist. that is a very low bar to set. Do you encourage your partner to cheat on you and then applaud when they fail?

The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


From a President that actively Pursued Collusion, I would expect we would find it, if Mitch McConnell and other honorable Republicans would form a committee to investigate.
There is more evidence for active investigations here than there were for the GOP witch hunts of 2008-2016
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:25 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
I encourage the Democrats commence impeachment proceedings. It will be fun to watch them fail yet again.


It will be fun to point out that it will be for allowing a Foreign Government to subvert American Elections. See how the GOP wants to vote on that one.


You can't impeach Obama, he's no longer President.

Sorry, but this one falls on Trump. He is the one that didn't notify the FBI.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
jdstJD
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
It’s always nice to see when a hoax that has been perpetrated on the American people is uncovered. No collusion with Russia. That’s a huge finding and an absolutely wonderful thing for our country.


When you worship a lying racist. that is a very low bar to set. Do you encourage your partner to cheat on you and then applaud when they fail?

The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 pm

https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/11 ... gr%5Etweet

"Does your report state there is sufficient factual and legal basis for further investigation of potential obstruction of justice by the President?" -- Lee

"Yes." -- Mueller


Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

When you worship a lying racist. that is a very low bar to set. Do you encourage your partner to cheat on you and then applaud when they fail?

The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


From a President that actively Pursued Collusion, I would expect we would find it, if Mitch McConnell and other honorable Republicans would form a committee to investigate.

So you are saying that Mueller, with multiple years and unlimited resources, couldn’t find any collusion. The Democrats in the House can’t find any collusion. All because McConnel hasn’t formed a committee.

That’s an ambitious claim to say the least.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:37 pm

casinterest wrote:
https://twitter.com/TimOBrien/status/1154019785040125952?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

"Does your report state there is sufficient factual and legal basis for further investigation of potential obstruction of justice by the President?" -- Lee

"Yes." -- Mueller



If there is a God the Democrats will continue to pursue this.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:38 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


From a President that actively Pursued Collusion, I would expect we would find it, if Mitch McConnell and other honorable Republicans would form a committee to investigate.

So you are saying that Mueller, with multiple years and unlimited resources, couldn’t find any collusion. The Democrats in the House can’t find any collusion. All because McConnel hasn’t formed a committee.

That’s an ambitious claim to say the least.


Mueller couldn't investigate further. He asked Congress to do their job, and so far McConnell has failed.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

From a President that actively Pursued Collusion, I would expect we would find it, if Mitch McConnell and other honorable Republicans would form a committee to investigate.

So you are saying that Mueller, with multiple years and unlimited resources, couldn’t find any collusion. The Democrats in the House can’t find any collusion. All because McConnel hasn’t formed a committee.

That’s an ambitious claim to say the least.


Mueller couldn't investigate further. He asked Congress to do their job, and so far McConnell has failed.

Why couldn’t Mueller investigate further?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:57 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
So you are saying that Mueller, with multiple years and unlimited resources, couldn’t find any collusion. The Democrats in the House can’t find any collusion. All because McConnel hasn’t formed a committee.

That’s an ambitious claim to say the least.


Mueller couldn't investigate further. He asked Congress to do their job, and so far McConnell has failed.

Why couldn’t Mueller investigate further?


Because of the scope of his investigation.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:02 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Mueller couldn't investigate further. He asked Congress to do their job, and so far McConnell has failed.

Why couldn’t Mueller investigate further?


Because of the scope of his investigation.

Collusion was well within the scope of his investigation. So, no, blaming this on McConnel is not a credible argument.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:03 pm

jdstJD wrote:

Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


As you learned today and will learn more when the IG report is released is that Hillary colluded with Russians in an effort to steal an election. Since she is not a sitting President, she actually can be indicted. I don't think she will but I am assuming you want her to be since you have such high standards.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:05 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Why couldn’t Mueller investigate further?


Because of the scope of his investigation.

Collusion was well within the scope of his investigation. So, no, blaming this on McConnel is not a credible argument.


in case you missed the highlights. Trump and Staff Obstructed justice. We need Congress to go get the required information.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9376
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:34 pm

afcjets wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


As you learned today and will learn more when the IG report is released is that Hillary colluded with Russians in an effort to steal an election. Since she is not a sitting President, she actually can be indicted. I don't think she will but I am assuming you want her to be since you have such high standards.


Both campaigns were manipulated by and sought information from Russians. Neither deserved a single vote.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Because of the scope of his investigation.

Collusion was well within the scope of his investigation. So, no, blaming this on McConnel is not a credible argument.


in case you missed the highlights. Trump and Staff Obstructed justice. We need Congress to go get the required information.

Mueller said under oath that Trump did not hinder his investigation.

In any event, Mueller had every opportunity to look into obstruction. It was well within the scope of his investigation. He issued over 2,800 subpoenas over 650 days. No need to blame McConnel.

By all means, however, I encourage the Democrats to keep the hoax alive. I’m actually praying that they will.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 pm

jdstJD wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

When you worship a lying racist. that is a very low bar to set. Do you encourage your partner to cheat on you and then applaud when they fail?

The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


Your attempt to describe the last 3 years of insane behavior of lying and bullying by the Democrats and the left in this country as somehow noble and well intentioned is laughable on its face. The left has rushed from fake scandal to fake scandal with only pure hatred in their hearts. There is no noble purpose, just a desire for power, and anger at the denial of that power you so desperately want. Each time a scandal is debunked you quickly grasp onto the next fake scandal, and each time you forget how you got to that point and expect the sane people in this country to forget as well, and believe that this time you are really really serious and are telling the truth. You don’t care about the damage that you cause and are happy that you are hurting your enemies. Just ask Justice Kavanaugh and his family about what they went through when all of you leftists decided he was an alcoholic gang rapist who drugged his victims repeatedly.

Anyway, it’s time for you folks to accept that your behavior is unacceptable and start acting like patriotic adults.

Mike Drop
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9376
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:47 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Collusion was well within the scope of his investigation. So, no, blaming this on McConnel is not a credible argument.


in case you missed the highlights. Trump and Staff Obstructed justice. We need Congress to go get the required information.

Mueller said under oath that Trump did not hinder his investigation.

In any event, Mueller had every opportunity to look into obstruction. It was well within the scope of his investigation.


Indeed - that’s why there are eleven obstruction actions cited in Volume II, four of which most legal experts say POTUS can materially be indicted on after office.

Nothing has changed - Dems tried to get him to speak outside his scope, no. GOP tried to get him to speak to peripherals, no dice there either. Nobody successfully attacked the report or its content - so the facts within stand, as they should. Nothing is stopping you from reading Volume II.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:35 am

And the GOP continues to hold the door open for foreign interference in US elections.
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/ ... -testimony

Democrats tried to get consent to pass two bills that would require campaigns to alert the FBI and Federal Election Commission about foreign offers of assistance, as well as a bill to let the Senate Sergeant at Arms offer voluntary cyber assistance for personal devices and accounts of senators and staff.

But Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) blocked each of the bills. She didn't give reason for her objections, or say if she was objecting on behalf of herself or the Senate GOP caucus. A spokesman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9376
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:41 am

casinterest wrote:
And the GOP continues to hold the door open for foreign interference in US elections.
https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/ ... -testimony

Democrats tried to get consent to pass two bills that would require campaigns to alert the FBI and Federal Election Commission about foreign offers of assistance, as well as a bill to let the Senate Sergeant at Arms offer voluntary cyber assistance for personal devices and accounts of senators and staff.

But Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) blocked each of the bills. She didn't give reason for her objections, or say if she was objecting on behalf of herself or the Senate GOP caucus. A spokesman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.


MikeDrop was saying something about the need for
acting like patriotic adults...ironic.

“Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country.” - Teddy R
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:08 am

I’m pretty sure that patriotism means that you shouldn’t make up claims about collusion.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9376
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:44 am

VTKillarney wrote:
I’m pretty sure that patriotism means that you shouldn’t make up claims about collusion.


Missing the point entirely:

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/ ... -testimony
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:17 am

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Hmm... Which campaign paid foreign operatives for a dossier?


Nope. they paid Fusion GPS. A US Outfit for information on Trump. But nice try with the fake facts. Must hurt when all your right wing racist propaganda sites lie to you all the time..

Ah, right... The classic con mechanism of plausible deniability. But the point is that agents for Hillary colluded with foreign operatives. Scary stuff, for sure.


If that is your definition of collusion, then trump colluded based on his Hotel, Manaforte, Flynn, Ivanka, Don Jr, Eric, Meiania, and every time they stepped foot in another country. The stupidity of your argument is insane.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
jdstJD
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:21 am

afcjets wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


As you learned today and will learn more when the IG report is released is that Hillary colluded with Russians in an effort to steal an election. Since she is not a sitting President, she actually can be indicted. I don't think she will but I am assuming you want her to be since you have such high standards.


I don’t like Hillary Clinton. If she had been investigated (oh wait, republicans investigated her ad nauseum and didn’t come up with anything), and has been found to have committed crimes or impeachable offenses I would fully support her being held accountable. This is not a game and I am not being blindly one-sided when I say our highest officials should be held to the highest of standards. I stand by my position that trump is a horrible and embarrassing representative of the United States of America and Americans should have never taken the election of our President so lightly.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.
 
User avatar
jdstJD
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:31 am

MikeDrop wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


Your attempt to describe the last 3 years of insane behavior of lying and bullying by the Democrats and the left in this country as somehow noble and well intentioned is laughable on its face. The left has rushed from fake scandal to fake scandal with only pure hatred in their hearts. There is no noble purpose, just a desire for power, and anger at the denial of that power you so desperately want. Each time a scandal is debunked you quickly grasp onto the next fake scandal, and each time you forget how you got to that point and expect the sane people in this country to forget as well, and believe that this time you are really really serious and are telling the truth. You don’t care about the damage that you cause and are happy that you are hurting your enemies. Just ask Justice Kavanaugh and his family about what they went through when all of you leftists decided he was an alcoholic gang rapist who drugged his victims repeatedly.

Anyway, it’s time for you folks to accept that your behavior is unacceptable and start acting like patriotic adults.

Mike Drop


That statement is RICH given your party’s (or the republicans if you are not a registered republican) leader and the things he has blatantly done that contravenes our rule of law and his oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States. You all would have impeached a democrat who has acted like trump in a heartbeat. The way you have tried to malign Democrats for trying to fix the problems caused by the election of this man when we warned the country that this guy would behave this way and wasn’t fit to be president to begin with is sickening.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:32 am

jdstJD wrote:
afcjets wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


As you learned today and will learn more when the IG report is released is that Hillary colluded with Russians in an effort to steal an election. Since she is not a sitting President, she actually can be indicted. I don't think she will but I am assuming you want her to be since you have such high standards.


I don’t like Hillary Clinton. If she had been investigated (oh wait, republicans investigated her ad nauseum and didn’t come up with anything), and has been found to have committed crimes or impeachable offenses I would fully support her being held accountable. This is not a game and I am not being blindly one-sided when I say our highest officials should be held to the highest of standards. I stand by my position that trump is a horrible and embarrassing representative of the United States of America and Americans should have never taken the election of our President so lightly.


Fair enough (although I disagree and think Trump is a great President), although there is a strong possibility Obama is behind this or at least had knowledge and approved of it. I think Barr is going to stop short of implicating Obama even if wrongdoing on his part is discovered for the good of our country. I even think Trump might too (although his rhetoric might say otherwise) so as not to entice anyone to come after him after he's gone, because the bar has been set a lot higher for him as we have witnessed the past three years.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:34 am

So why haven’t the Democrats impeached Trump if the evidence is overwhelming? It sounds as if the Democrats are entirely impotent. Ot perhaps there really isn’t sufficient evidence.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:36 am

VTKillarney wrote:
So why haven’t the Democrats impeached Trump if the evidence is overwhelming? It sounds as if the Democrats are entirely impotent. Ot perhaps there really isn’t sufficient evidence.


It's coming, and it will come quicker when Mitch McConnell continues to not do his job.

The evidence is all there. Just waiting to follow through with all the court and legal proceedings.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
jetmechanicdave
Moderator
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:34 am

Please stop the personal attacks. Please discuss the topic without trashing other users or the topic will be locked.
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13014
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:57 am

MikeDrop wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
The Democrats have always WANTED to see collusion. Think about just how low the party has sunk.


Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


Your attempt to describe the last 3 years of insane behavior of lying and bullying by the Democrats and the left in this country as somehow noble and well intentioned is laughable on its face. The left has rushed from fake scandal to fake scandal with only pure hatred in their hearts. There is no noble purpose, just a desire for power, and anger at the denial of that power you so desperately want. Each time a scandal is debunked you quickly grasp onto the next fake scandal, and each time you forget how you got to that point and expect the sane people in this country to forget as well, and believe that this time you are really really serious and are telling the truth. You don’t care about the damage that you cause and are happy that you are hurting your enemies. Just ask Justice Kavanaugh and his family about what they went through when all of you leftists decided he was an alcoholic gang rapist who drugged his victims repeatedly.

Anyway, it’s time for you folks to accept that your behavior is unacceptable and start acting like patriotic adults.



Moderator, explain to us how we are to answer this without being deleted????? I am an Independent voter, and certainly do not agree with this mans accusations against trumps enemies and accusers of which I am certainly one.
Last edited by WarRI1 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 20262
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:01 am

VTKillarney wrote:
So why haven’t the Democrats impeached Trump if the evidence is overwhelming? It sounds as if the Democrats are entirely impotent. Ot perhaps there really isn’t sufficient evidence.


There is a list of procedures. One does not "land a plane" but follow a check list and go through a routine. The procedures are laid out in the Constitution. The House must show there is reason to present impeachment proceedings to the Senate. Mitch McConnell will never ever bring impeachment to the floor of the Senate. He would rather kiss the orange one's behind instead of doing the work and will of the people.

We already know the occupant of the White House got a hummer, now if we can just get him to lie about it, there is precedent to impeach in the Senate....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:14 am

The general tenor in the German press today is that all of this will not help the Democrats in the next elections. They simply have to present a good candidate. Will not be easy to compete with Trump who is providing such a good „show“.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:34 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Moderator, explain to us how we are to answer this without being deleted????? I am an Independent voter, and certainly do not agree with this mans accusations against trumps enemies and accusers of which I am certainly one.


Perhaps your childish tactic of dropping the first letter of the President's name would increase your chances of not having your posts deleted.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 10644
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:34 am

N14AZ wrote:
Will not be easy to compete with Trump who is providing such a good „show“.


Especially with 90% of his voters or so really not caring if he actually did shoot someone on times square.... and a lower, hopefully much lower number, actually celebrate him unless it was a white heterosexual person......

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:46 am

N14AZ wrote:
The general tenor in the German press today is that all of this will not help the Democrats in the next elections.

That is definitely the consensus.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14184
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:57 am

Let's face it, Wednesday's hearings were disappointing to many of us. Nothing will happen to Pres. Trump, his family or many of his criminal administration. Trump was able to override the attention of what should have been the meaning of what Muller said. He can get away with terrible crimes. He won't face Impeachments due to practical realities and fears of Democrat leaders. For sure next years elections will be compromised by Russian and other foreign influence to benefit Trump.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13014
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:11 pm

s"]
WarRI1 wrote:
Moderator, explain to us how we are to answer this without being deleted????? I am an Independent voter, and certainly do not agree with this mans accusations against trumps enemies and accusers of which I am certainly one.


Perhaps your childish tactic of dropping the first letter of the President's name would increase your chances of not having your posts deleted.[/quote]


That is an interesting take on my using rump which fits him two ways, not just physically. I try not to insult members personally, not always possble of course. When the insults are flying from the right and one gets deleted for returning the favor, it makes one question the action. If we are going to be deleted for as you call it childish words, this site maybe in trouble. There are plenty of childish and churlish words from both sides when discussing this child like man. Now if my words about this are too tough to swallow for you gentle souls, ask for a deletion. :eek:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:58 pm

No doubt tensions are going to be high among Congressional Democrats after yesterday's complete failure.

The party really needs to reassess their strategy. In my opinion, we are due for a recession. The Democrats really need to focus on their economic message rather than their identity politics message. If they continue to play identity politics, and continue to beat the Mueller drum, Trump can rightly claim that they abandoned the economy and can attempt to place the blame on the Democrats for a downturn.

Many people like to think that Trump is stupid. He may not be book smart, but, politically speaking, he is very street smart. Much more so than the Democrats. That's why Hillary lost.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:14 pm

WarRI1 wrote:

That is an interesting take on my using rump which fits him two ways, not just physically. I try not to insult members personally, not always possble of course. When the insults are flying from the right and one gets deleted for returning the favor, it makes one question the action. If we are going to be deleted for as you call it childish words, this site maybe in trouble. There are plenty of childish and churlish words from both sides when discussing this child like man. Now if my words about this are too tough to swallow for you gentle souls, ask for a deletion. :eek:


I get deleted every time (all three) for calling an elderly Senator the name of a young beautiful Native American princess and hero which honors her heritage on record, yet it appears over 80 times here. Not to mention the President calls her that too and it is a nickname she largely brought upon herself.
Most of the personal attacks come for your side as do most of the moderators but that might finally be changing. I didn't ask for a deletion, you asked so I thought I would speculate as to why based on my experience.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:53 pm

So the real takeaways beyond the lying right wing press.

Trump did obstruct.
Trump did lie
Trump did invite Foreign interference in our elections and encouraged it
Trump's collusion still needs to be investigated by Congress.
Trump's staff did illegal things and got punished for it.

This is a very corrupt administration.

These points will be hammered home in the months to come.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9376
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:57 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
The general tenor in the German press today is that all of this will not help the Democrats in the next elections.

That is definitely the consensus.


So you won’t be replying to the previous conversation regarding obstruction...?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:08 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
The general tenor in the German press today is that all of this will not help the Democrats in the next elections.

That is definitely the consensus.


So you won’t be replying to the previous conversation regarding obstruction...?

I don't recall the question. What I can say is that Mueller was very clear that the OLC memo was NOT why he declined to recommend obstruction charges. This was a huge win for the Republicans and a complete embarrassment for the Democrats.

The Democrats didn't get anything new yesterday. This makes impeachment look less and less likely. Which means that Trump had a great day.

But, hey. If the Democrats think that the evidence is there, then by all means they should commence impeachment proceedings. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:12 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
That is definitely the consensus.


So you won’t be replying to the previous conversation regarding obstruction...?

I don't recall the question. What I can say is that Mueller was very clear that the OLC memo was NOT why he declined to recommend obstruction charges. This was a huge win for the Republicans and a complete embarrassment for the Democrats.

The Democrats didn't get anything new yesterday. This makes impeachment look less and less likely. Which means that Trump had a great day.

But, hey. If the Democrats think that the evidence is there, then by all means they should commence impeachment proceedings. The fact that they haven't speaks volumes.


That is not what Mueller said.
Mueller said that a determination was not reached either way as it was outside of their scope due to the OLC memo.
Barr said that the memo cleared Trump. Mueller contradicted that. Mueller just stated that no determination was made either way.

If that is what the GOP wants to take from it, then someone needs to investigate Barr.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
afcjets
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
So the real takeaways beyond the lying right wing press.

Trump did obstruct.
Trump did lie
Trump did invite Foreign interference in our elections and encouraged it
Trump's collusion still needs to be investigated by Congress.
Trump's staff did illegal things and got punished for it.

This is a very corrupt administration.

These points will be hammered home in the months to come.


When the IG report and Durham's investigation are complete, Trump will likely pardon almost every process crime during the illegal witch hunt (as he should) where the only person Mueller didn't indict for lying to the FBI was the guy who told the biggest lie in order for this illegal investigation to take place. He will likely do it before the 2020 election too because it will be great PR against the party and Media complicit in the greatest attack on our democracy in our nation's history.
Last edited by afcjets on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
That is not what Mueller said.
Mueller said that a determination was not reached either way as it was outside of their scope due to the OLC memo.
Barr said that the memo cleared Trump. Mueller contradicted that. Mueller just stated that no determination was made either way.


Perhaps this is a better way to say it. There was a belief that, but for the OLC memo, Trump would have been indicted. Mueller blew that narrative out of the water yesterday.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:20 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
That is not what Mueller said.
Mueller said that a determination was not reached either way as it was outside of their scope due to the OLC memo.
Barr said that the memo cleared Trump. Mueller contradicted that. Mueller just stated that no determination was made either way.


Perhaps this is a better way to say it. There was a belief that, but for the OLC memo, Trump would have been indicted. Mueller blew that narrative out of the water yesterday.

It was outside of their scope due to the memo either way. Barr is going to come under scrutiny though, as the democrats will push forward with why Barr gave a pass to Trump.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8871
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:22 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
So the real takeaways beyond the lying right wing press.

Trump did obstruct.
Trump did lie
Trump did invite Foreign interference in our elections and encouraged it
Trump's collusion still needs to be investigated by Congress.
Trump's staff did illegal things and got punished for it.

This is a very corrupt administration.

These points will be hammered home in the months to come.


When the IG report and Durham's investigation are complete, Trump will likely pardon almost every process crime during the illegal witch hunt (as he should) where the only person Mueller didn't indict for lying to the FBI was the guy who told the biggest lie in order for this illegal investigation to take place. He will likely do it before the 2020 election too because it will be great PR against the party and Media complicit in the greatest attack on our democracy in our nation's history.


It wasn't a witch hunt, and by pardoning these people that actively violated laws, it will only allow much more egregious acts in coming elections. There is no good motivation for Trump to pardon at all, unless he loses in 2020, and wants to blow it all up as he goes.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
jdstJD
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 am

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:29 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
No doubt tensions are going to be high among Congressional Democrats after yesterday's complete failure.

The party really needs to reassess their strategy. In my opinion, we are due for a recession. The Democrats really need to focus on their economic message rather than their identity politics message. If they continue to play identity politics, and continue to beat the Mueller drum, Trump can rightly claim that they abandoned the economy and can attempt to place the blame on the Democrats for a downturn.

Many people like to think that Trump is stupid. He may not be book smart, but, politically speaking, he is very street smart. Much more so than the Democrats. That's why Hillary lost.


Now THIS is a very good post that I wholeheartedly agree with. All of the previous hostile and provocative posts from both of us clouded what could be a really good political discussion. There are quite a few positions the current field of democratic presidential candidates have taken that scare me and quite frankly piss me off. I.e free healthcare covering illegal immigrants, decriminalizing illegally crossing the boarder, reparations (not the concept but the timing of making it an election issue given the importance of getting trump out of office), 75% tax rate increase on wealthy (I think fixing tax code loopholes is more palatable than a blanket extreme tax rate hike because it sounds too much like punishing wealth which Americans do not like regardless of class). I think there are some real problems democrats have with focusing on rust belt and the Midwest states and their strategy of really trying to address social ills is not smart at this time. This election will be all about the economy and I just haven’t heard any policy initiatives from any candidate that lights my fire. The few states that trump won through the weird electoral college system happened to be states that care more about economic stagnation than any of the social issues, regardless of their validity. I think that with the country having just worked together to take the symbolic step of electing Obama for 8 years sort of satisfied the country’s collective appetite for that type oh historic statement. So right or wrong many in the country feel like this time the focus should be less on racial problems and more about the economic problems. I just think the democrats are being very tone deaf. It puts people like me in a very difficult and frustrating position. I absolutely would never ever ever ever ever vote for Donald trump. But I am not pleased with the democratic platform this election cycle. So I don’t want to give my vote to the democrats because I don’t support much of the platform. So what is someone like me to do? If I don’t vote at all then that’s a vote for trump. If I vote for a democrat (with the exception of Biden. Love him) and he/she wins and they implement their policies I’ll be very upset. It’s not fair to put more independent and moderate voters like me in this position.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.
 
MikeDrop
Posts: 511
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Mueller Speaks: Barr Mislead the American People

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:40 pm

jdstJD wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Democrats have always wanted to see the Russians and trump and his click of delinquents be held accountable for their shananigans. It was an embarrassing and infuriating thing to watch happen and even more so to see them not have to answer for it. It’s not pathetic to want people to be held to a high standard of conduct at our highest levels of government. A second before the election results came out republicans would have been saying the same thing. Now? Crickets. Well except of course for those who insult democrats for trying to do something to correct this country’s course.


Your attempt to describe the last 3 years of insane behavior of lying and bullying by the Democrats and the left in this country as somehow noble and well intentioned is laughable on its face. The left has rushed from fake scandal to fake scandal with only pure hatred in their hearts. There is no noble purpose, just a desire for power, and anger at the denial of that power you so desperately want. Each time a scandal is debunked you quickly grasp onto the next fake scandal, and each time you forget how you got to that point and expect the sane people in this country to forget as well, and believe that this time you are really really serious and are telling the truth. You don’t care about the damage that you cause and are happy that you are hurting your enemies. Just ask Justice Kavanaugh and his family about what they went through when all of you leftists decided he was an alcoholic gang rapist who drugged his victims repeatedly.

Anyway, it’s time for you folks to accept that your behavior is unacceptable and start acting like patriotic adults.

Mike Drop


That statement is RICH given your party’s (or the republicans if you are not a registered republican) leader and the things he has blatantly done that contravenes our rule of law and his oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States. You all would have impeached a democrat who has acted like trump in a heartbeat. The way you have tried to malign Democrats for trying to fix the problems caused by the election of this man when we warned the country that this guy would behave this way and wasn’t fit to be president to begin with is sickening.

The thing is that your accusations are made up. Trump has followed the law. He’s been sued a lot. I dont know the actual statistic, but I’d bet he’s been sued more than any other president in the same time period. While he works to figure out ways to legally get around many rulings, he has never disregarded a court ruling. He has appealed many rulings, and won quite a few. Your broad accusation of contravention of the rule of law is baseless and at this point just a political talking point that will fall on deaf ears.

What the Democrats warned after the election was that Trump was a Russian spy - Adam Schiff claimed to have solid evidence that would prove this charge. This false narrative started before the inauguration and the left did everything they could to bring Trump down with it. The Mueller report leaves no doubt whatsoever that this narrative was wrong (false). And, in my opinion, and in the opinion of Republicans, many laws were broken by enemies of the president (and the country) in this attempt to remove a legally elected president with a fake scandal. In other words, the legal contravention has been entirely on the left.

So to me, when I hear your efforts to describe the last three years of this destructive behavior as “trying to fix the problems caused by the election” it simply means that you were very unhappy that Hillary lost and the Democrats will do ANYTHING, even break the law, to get Trump.

Mike Drop
Last edited by MikeDrop on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: akiss20, N1611B, stratclub, TheF15Ace and 23 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos