TWA772LR
Topic Author

Airliners.net dating

Sat May 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Tinder and Bumble suck so I figured I'll try to make a dating section on airliners.net where I'll at least have aviation in common with other people. It's open to anyone with an a.net account Plus I'm bored lol.

So lets try this!

I'm TWA772LR, a straight, male, Houston transplant in Denver who loves to ski, bike, and camp while thinking about the next country to visit for my world conquest. I work for a major US airline so marry me and fly for free!
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Dutchy

Re: Airliners.net dating

Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 pm

Not too many girls here, but good luck to you . :bigthumbsup:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Maloak33

Sat May 04, 2019 3:17 pm

This can be/get very interesting... :kiss2: :cloudnine:
Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

bgm

Sat May 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Looking for a gal on a website that’s 99% male? :rotfl:

Good luck, you’re going to need it! :duck:
Sweet Home Talibama. Home of Y’all Qaeda

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Sat May 04, 2019 3:50 pm

I didn't just do this just for me, its for anyone lol.
bgm wrote:

Never tell me the odds! May the Fourth be with you!

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

sccutler

Sat May 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Odds better favor a bro-mance, than a romance. :D

Actually made internet friendship with a once-prolific poster here years ago, and she cute a a bug (bet she still is). Of course, as a happily married man, I was not trolling for romance.

Did send some business her way, though.

—-

Have only (knowingly) met one A.net member, one of the most prominent ones, had a great dinner when we met, and we stay in touch. But he was, like, a dude.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

777Jet

Sat May 04, 2019 9:45 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Tinder and Bumble suck so I figured I'll try to make a dating section on airliners.net where I'll at least have aviation in common with other people.

Try other online dating sites.

Or hang out in places where those with similar interests to you would hang out.

Go to singles events.

This is not the place but good luck!

Just wondering if any couples have met on THIS website??? Any a.net success stories???
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

Jouhou

Sat May 04, 2019 10:00 pm

777Jet wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Tinder and Bumble suck so I figured I'll try to make a dating section on airliners.net where I'll at least have aviation in common with other people.

An airport?

TSS

Sat May 04, 2019 11:41 pm

777Jet wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

Go to singles events.

Indeed.

777Jet wrote:
Just wondering if any couples have met on THIS website??? Any a.net success stories???

Aside from the hilarious stalking/snowglobe incident involving a user named "Flairport", I think way way WAY back there actually was a straight couple that met on here, dated, and if I'm not much mistaken ended up getting married. That was a really long time ago, about the time I first joined so I was only aware of it peripherally at the time, but if memory serves correctly the female part of that couple had met, dated, and broken up with another male member here before going on to meet the "right" one. They posted a couple of pics and I can remember what she looked like but not him, and I can't remember either one's name at all. Blowing a little more dust off those old memory files, it seems like she was a flight attendant.
Last edited by TSS on Sat May 04, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Airstud

Sat May 04, 2019 11:42 pm

HorizonGirl (whom I've not seen around here for years), DLFREEBIRD, VapourTrails, and Jouhou... I can't immediately think of any other a.netteresses. :boggled:
Pancakes are delicious.

TheFlyingDisk

Sun May 05, 2019 12:05 am

Airstud wrote:
HorizonGirl (whom I've not seen around here for years), DLFREEBIRD, VapourTrails, and Jouhou... I can't immediately think of any other a.netteresses. :boggled:

I thought Slider is an a.netteress, or was I mistaken?

Edit: Yeah, I was mistaken...
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

einsteinboricua

Sun May 05, 2019 12:31 am

If there are any gays in the Seattle area, feel free to let me know.

777Jet wrote:

I don't think they met through this site, but DocLightning's husband is also a member of this site.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Sun May 05, 2019 1:14 am

Using this site as a dating site? no. Please Odin, no.

I am sure there are plenty of good people IRL on this site. If anything were to happen to the brosband and I wanted to find someone to "replace" him, I can think of like 20 other places to start.

For heteros, I hear going to supermarkets and libraries and book stores are good places to meet.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

TSS

Sun May 05, 2019 1:41 am

seb146 wrote:
For heteros, I hear going to supermarkets and libraries and book stores are good places to meet.

All those involve cold-starting a conversation with the object of one's interest without coming off as "creepy", though. It can be done, but that's one of those areas where having a natural talent for that sort of thing will help far more than any amount of study and instruction ever will.

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2019 2:13 am

einsteinboricua wrote:

Its catching on!

777Jet

Sun May 05, 2019 2:32 am

TSS wrote:
777Jet wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

Go to singles events.

Indeed.

777Jet wrote:

Aside from the hilarious stalking/snowglobe incident involving a user named "Flairport", I think way way WAY back there actually was a straight couple that met on here, dated, and if I'm not much mistaken ended up getting married. That was a really long time ago, about the time I first joined so I was only aware of it peripherally at the time, but if memory serves correctly the female part of that couple had met, dated, and broken up with another male member here before going on to meet the "right" one. They posted a couple of pics and I can remember what she looked like but not him, and I can't remember either one's name at all. Blowing a little more dust off those old memory files, it seems like she was a flight attendant.

That's actually great to hear!
DC10-10/30,MD82/88/90, 717,727,732/3/4/5/7/8/9ER,742/4,752/3,763/ER,772/E/L/3/W,788/9, 306,320,321,332/3,346,359,388

777Jet

Sun May 05, 2019 2:34 am

einsteinboricua wrote:

777Jet wrote:

I don't think they met through this site, but DocLightning's husband is also a member of this site.

That's cool. But actually meeting a stranger through this site (based on the common interest in aviation) and marrying them would be a nice story to read about.

Jouhou

Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Tinder and Bumble suck so I figured I'll try to make a dating section on airliners.net where I'll at least have aviation in common with other people. It's open to anyone with an a.net account Plus I'm bored lol.

So lets try this!

I'm TWA772LR, a straight, male, Houston transplant in Denver who loves to ski, bike, and camp while thinking about the next country to visit for my world conquest. I work for a major US airline so marry me and fly for free!

Btw you might want to clarify whether or not you are a Feline or not. I love my cat but not like *that*. Humans preferred.

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2019 3:14 am

Jouhou wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

So lets try this!

Btw you might want to clarify whether or not you are a Feline or not. I love my cat but not like *that*. Humans preferred.

Not sure what you got that from but I am 100% human lol.

Jouhou

Sun May 05, 2019 3:41 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

So lets try this!

Not sure what you got that from but I am 100% human lol.

(Your pic)

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2019 3:56 am

Jouhou wrote:
(Your pic)

My explanation:
https://youtu.be/KYx1y8SjGjU?t=102

TSS

Sun May 05, 2019 4:33 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
(Your pic)

My explanation:

:confused:
I don't get it. Are you telling us you're a fairly good-sized guy with an unexpectedly high voice, or am I missing something here?

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Sun May 05, 2019 4:39 am

TSS wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
(Your pic)

My explanation:

:confused:
I don't get it. Are you telling us you're a fairly good-sized guy with an unexpectedly high voice, or am I missing something here?

The lyrics.

flyingisthebest

Sun May 05, 2019 5:38 am

bgm wrote:

I have to put in my two cents but this will turn out to be a sausage fest....

anrec80

Sun May 05, 2019 6:44 am

TWA772LR wrote:

So lets try this!

Do you actually get international flight assignments? Have you thought of trying to get assignment to some Eastern European, Asian or even South American destinations, and date there? That will be easier than Tinder or whatever here. If we have enough people on this forum trying to have a dating life set up this way - we can have many interesting discussions.

Jouhou

Sun May 05, 2019 7:13 am

anrec80 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

So lets try this!

Do you actually get international flight assignments? Have you thought of trying to get assignment to some Eastern European, Asian or even South American destinations, and date there? That will be easier than Tinder or whatever here. If we have enough people on this forum trying to have a dating life set up this way - we can have many interesting discussions.

I know a guy who was a primary suspect for murdering his wife, but they had insufficient evidence to prove it, so to celebrate his freedom he got himself a Romanian wife. I feel bad for her :\ He likes to show her picture and talk about her basically being his house slave. Never talks about how she is a fascinating person or anything like that.
...not really a good model for modern romance.

Dutchy

Sun May 05, 2019 7:22 am

Jouhou wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

So lets try this!

I know a guy who was a primary suspect for murdering his wife, but they had insufficient evidence to prove it, so to celebrate his freedom he got himself a Romanian wife. I feel bad for her :\ He likes to show her picture and talk about her basically being his house slave. Never talks about how she is a fascinating person or anything like that.

Yikes and I agree, these trophy wife things are quite sad to watch. Although it must be said that woman from these countries get plenty in return.

stratclub

Sun May 05, 2019 7:51 am

I'm an older white hetro male that like travel on your money and long walks on the beach...................................................Oh wait. My wife of 45 years says I cannot participate. You would think she has me under contract or something. :banghead:

Jouhou

Sun May 05, 2019 8:33 am

Dutchy wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
anrec80 wrote:

Yikes and I agree, these trophy wife things are quite sad to watch. Although it must be said that woman from these countries get plenty in return.

You'd have to see here... And what he looks like. She's on Melania Trump's level of regrets...

Dutchy

Sun May 05, 2019 8:42 am

Jouhou wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

You'd have to see here... And what he looks like. She's on Melania Trump's level of regrets...

Judging by your reacting, I can imagine both of them :lol:

Moose135

Sun May 05, 2019 7:30 pm

If you really want to attract the ladies, you need to get yourself a snow globe.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

jdstJD

Mon May 06, 2019 12:38 am

I think this is a great idea. A way for people to meet who have common interests. I don’t think supermarkets and airports are realistic venues to meet people in real life, lol. And there are more women on this site than you’d think. We may not post much but we’re here :)
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

TSS

Mon May 06, 2019 1:23 am

jdstJD wrote:
I don’t think supermarkets and airports are realistic venues to meet people in real life, lol.

I'll agree with you about supermarkets because any time I've been to one I and everyone else I see are on a mission to get groceries and get on with our lives and that doesn't leave much time for chit-chat.

At airports I've done quite well meeting people, but it does depend on the airport: At DFW and PHX no problem, but at LAX you'd need to be wearing Oscars for earrings and a necklace made of Emmys just to get someone to glance in your direction, let alone engage in conversation.

stl07

Mon May 06, 2019 1:30 am

Moose135 wrote:
If you really want to attract the ladies, you need to get yourself a snow globe.

I've been trying to find a link to those threads but I can't. Can someone post it or provide a summary if you still remember them?
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

ER757

Mon May 06, 2019 1:53 am

777Jet wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

Go to singles events.

There was one couple that met through a.net and I believe did get married -was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away though (oops one day too late for that one).

jdstJD

Mon May 06, 2019 1:59 am

TSS wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
I don’t think supermarkets and airports are realistic venues to meet people in real life, lol.

I'll agree with you about supermarkets because any time I've been to one I and everyone else I see are on a mission to get groceries and get on with our lives and that doesn't leave much time for chit-chat.

At airports I've done quite well meeting people, but it does depend on the airport: At DFW and PHX no problem, but at LAX you'd need to be wearing Oscars for earrings and a necklace made of Emmys just to get someone to glance in your direction, let alone engage in conversation.

Whenever I go to the airport everyone seems miserable and frustrated and the pilots all look pissed off because they’re rushing to get to their gate.

speedbird52

Mon May 06, 2019 3:08 am

Jouhou wrote:
anrec80 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:

So lets try this!

Jesus

Moose135

Mon May 06, 2019 5:06 am

stl07 wrote:
Moose135 wrote:

I've been trying to find a link to those threads but I can't. Can someone post it or provide a summary if you still remember them?

It starts here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1113829

And continues here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1115675

But wait, there's more!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1116719
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

Max Q

Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 am

Have to say, the few women that would go on this site are not going to be interested in guys
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

VapourTrails

Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 am

Max Q wrote:
Have to say, the few women that would go on this site are not going to be interested in guys.

You mean that a heterosexual female cannot be interested in and have a passion for aviation? So not true. Or do you mean the guys on here? Probably not, this being an international site, for the most part it wouldn’t amount to much more than a private message or few. When I first joined the site, I seem to recall at the time, thinking it would be fun to meet people in the industry this way, but I now consider myself young and naive back then. Now I am not so young, and not so naive. I’ve met and made friends here, but dating I’ll leave for others, and speaking of which there was a couple who met and married through this site, and they had a child. I recall one of the couple posted in a thread topic, the last time this was a topic, about two years ago?

TSS

Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm

TSS wrote:
Aside from the hilarious stalking/snowglobe incident involving a user named "Flairport"

Moose135 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Moose135 wrote:

It starts here:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1113829

And continues here:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1115675

But wait, there's more!
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1116719

Thanks for posting those, Moose! I had forgotten just how rowdy this site used to be and in particular how funny UH60FtRucker was. I wonder how he's doing these days?

TSS wrote:
I think way way WAY back there actually was a straight couple that met on here, dated, and if I'm not much mistaken ended up getting married. That was a really long time ago, about the time I first joined so I was only aware of it peripherally at the time, but if memory serves correctly the female part of that couple had met, dated, and broken up with another male member here before going on to meet the "right" one. They posted a couple of pics and I can remember what she looked like but not him, and I can't remember either one's name at all. Blowing a little more dust off those old memory files, it seems like she was a flight attendant.

ER757 wrote:
There was one couple that met through a.net and I believe did get married -was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away though (oops one day too late for that one).

VapourTrails wrote:
I’ve met and made friends here, but dating I’ll leave for others, and speaking of which there was a couple who met and married through this site, and they had a child. I recall one of the couple posted in a thread topic, the last time this was a topic, about two years ago?

I've been thinking about the couple we've referenced since this subject came up and it's driving me nuts that I can't remember the female half of the couple's name, yet I can picture her clear as day. I don't think the male half of the couple was as prolific a poster as she was, and I only knew who he was through his relationship with her. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, she ran into Superfly somewhere and they posted pics from that meeting as well. Didn't the first guy she dated from this site get all stalker-y and weird after they broke up, to the point that he eventually got permanently banned from this site, before she met the guy she wound up marrying?

Maloak33

Mon May 06, 2019 4:29 pm

Moose135 wrote:

Man o man did I like reading that post. Wonder if the guy got the girl at the end or did he get punched in the end? :fight:

Mal
Of all the things I’ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

TSS

Mon May 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Maloak33 wrote:
Moose135 wrote:

Man o man did I like reading that post. Wonder if the guy got the girl at the end or did he get punched in the end? :fight:

I don't think he ever got punched, but he did continue to exhibit self-sabotaging creepy obsessive-compulsive behavior toward the objects of his desire. He also got teased mercilessly for the snow globe incident, got very sensitive about it and swore he'd learned his lesson and changed his ways, then proceeded to follow the exact same pattern with no change whatsoever although he may have abandoned the use of actual snow globes. I think he got banned after a long, colorful rant that was triggered by a mention of the snow globe incident.

jdstJD

Mon May 06, 2019 5:22 pm

VapourTrails wrote:
Max Q wrote:
Have to say, the few women that would go on this site are not going to be interested in guys.

[b]You mean that a heterosexual female cannot be interested in and have a passion for aviation? So not true. Or do you mean the guys on here? Probably not, this being an international site, for the most part it wouldn’t amount to much more than a private message or few. When I first joined the site, I seem to recall at the time, thinking it would be fun to meet people in the industry this way, but I now consider myself young and naive back then. Now I am not so young, and not so naive. I’ve met and made friends here, but dating I’ll leave for others, and speaking of which there was a couple who met and married through this site, and they had a child. I recall one of the couple posted in a thread topic, the last time this was a topic, about two years ago?

Exactly.

ER757

Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 pm

TSS wrote:
TSS wrote:
Aside from the hilarious stalking/snowglobe incident involving a user named "Flairport"

Moose135 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

It starts here:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1113829

And continues here:
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1115675

But wait, there's more!
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1116719

Thanks for posting those, Moose! I had forgotten just how rowdy this site used to be and in particular how funny UH60FtRucker was. I wonder how he's doing these days?

TSS wrote:
I think way way WAY back there actually was a straight couple that met on here, dated, and if I'm not much mistaken ended up getting married. That was a really long time ago, about the time I first joined so I was only aware of it peripherally at the time, but if memory serves correctly the female part of that couple had met, dated, and broken up with another male member here before going on to meet the "right" one. They posted a couple of pics and I can remember what she looked like but not him, and I can't remember either one's name at all. Blowing a little more dust off those old memory files, it seems like she was a flight attendant.

ER757 wrote:

VapourTrails wrote:
I’ve met and made friends here, but dating I’ll leave for others, and speaking of which there was a couple who met and married through this site, and they had a child. I recall one of the couple posted in a thread topic, the last time this was a topic, about two years ago?

I've been thinking about the couple we've referenced since this subject came up and it's driving me nuts that I can't remember the female half of the couple's name, yet I can picture her clear as day. I don't think the male half of the couple was as prolific a poster as she was, and I only knew who he was through his relationship with her. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, she ran into Superfly somewhere and they posted pics from that meeting as well. Didn't the first guy she dated from this site get all stalker-y and weird after they broke up, to the point that he eventually got permanently banned from this site, before she met the guy she wound up marrying?

I can't recall either - but was it Skygirl? I think maybe it was

FatCat

Tue May 07, 2019 7:18 am

pay attention girls:

:rotfl:
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

Max Q

Tue May 07, 2019 8:05 am

VapourTrails wrote:
Max Q wrote:

You mean that a heterosexual female cannot be interested in and have a passion for aviation? So not true. Or do you mean the guys on here? Probably not, this being an international site, for the most part it wouldn’t amount to much more than a private message or few. When I first joined the site, I seem to recall at the time, thinking it would be fun to meet people in the industry this way, but I now consider myself young and naive back then. Now I am not so young, and not so naive. I’ve met and made friends here, but dating I’ll leave for others, and speaking of which there was a couple who met and married through this site, and they had a child. I recall one of the couple posted in a thread topic, the last time this was a topic, about two years ago?

You are right and I stand corrected VT

My post was not well thought out, potentially insulting and unfair, not my intention, sexual persuasion is not an accurate barometer of an individuals interests

There are more women than ever interested in Aviation and that’s a great thing, I’ve flown with many good female pilots over the years

A more accurate statement would reflect
on this site’s (wonderful) propensity to
be more than a little nerdy at times and
that characteristic is not the most common
attraction for the females among us

Best wishes
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

Jouhou

Tue May 07, 2019 8:17 am

Max Q wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:
Max Q wrote:

My post was not well thought out, potentially insulting and unfair, not my intention, sexual persuasion is not an accurate barometer of an individuals interests

There are more women than ever interested in Aviation and that’s a great thing, I’ve flown with many good female pilots over the years

Best wishes

^ believe me, I'm 100% nerd and 100% female but I don't think true female nerds are what men are looking for either.

Somebody asked me about what was going on with the Boeing 737 max today. I nerded out so hard the surrounding crowd dissipated and the only person remaining was the guy who inquired about it in the first place. I even overwhelmed the guy who used to work for Boeing on the subject...

Veigar

Tue May 07, 2019 9:13 am

OH MY GOD this thread :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i do not think this will work out as planned!

VapourTrails

Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 am

Jouhou wrote:
Max Q wrote:
VapourTrails wrote:

Best wishes

^ believe me, I'm 100% nerd and 100% female but I don't think true female nerds are what men are looking for either.

Somebody asked me about what was going on with the Boeing 737 max today. I nerded out so hard the surrounding crowd dissipated and the only person remaining was the guy who inquired about it in the first place. I even overwhelmed the guy who used to work for Boeing on the subject...

I see myself as 50% to 100% nerd. The older I get the less I care about my (any) level of nerd. However, I am also very girlie and love all the girlie stuff, my life is compartmentalised, with some overlap. I wouldn’t wear a dress to go plane-spotting, that just isn’t practical, but if I was, for whatever reason, it wouldn’t stop me standing by the airport fence if I happened to pass by the airport and had spare time.

I also think nerdiness comes down to trust. If I nerded out and the crowd dissipated like that, it would freak me out a little, although sometimes people can be subtle, it can be difficult to see when to call closing time. My own experience and point of view. This is why going online can be easy street, particularly on forums with an edit and delete function.

I agree, I don’t think men are looking for true female nerds, but I am sure they enjoy their company and spending time with them all the same. :twocents:

It’s so good that more and more women are getting involved in aviation, they’re not on this site though it seems; reading maybe, but not participating.