Max Q

Re: Airliners.net dating

Tue May 07, 2019 11:35 am

VapourTrails wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Max Q wrote:

You are right and I stand corrected VT

My post was not well thought out, potentially insulting and unfair, not my intention, sexual persuasion is not an accurate barometer of an individuals interests

There are more women than ever interested in Aviation and that’s a great thing, I’ve flown with many good female pilots over the years

A more accurate statement would reflect
on this site’s (wonderful) propensity to
be more than a little nerdy at times and
that characteristic is not the most common
attraction for the females among us

Best wishes

^ believe me, I'm 100% nerd and 100% female but I don't think true female nerds are what men are looking for either.

Somebody asked me about what was going on with the Boeing 737 max today. I nerded out so hard the surrounding crowd dissipated and the only person remaining was the guy who inquired about it in the first place. I even overwhelmed the guy who used to work for Boeing on the subject...

I see myself as 50% to 100% nerd. The older I get the less I care about my (any) level of nerd. However, I am also very girlie and love all the girlie stuff, my life is compartmentalised, with some overlap. I wouldn’t wear a dress to go plane-spotting, that just isn’t practical, but if I was, for whatever reason, it wouldn’t stop me standing by the airport fence if I happened to pass by the airport and had spare time.

I also think nerdiness comes down to trust. If I nerded out and the crowd dissipated like that, it would freak me out a little, although sometimes people can be subtle, it can be difficult to see when to call closing time. My own experience and point of view. This is why going online can be easy street, particularly on forums with an edit and delete function.

I agree, I don’t think men are looking for true female nerds, but I am sure they enjoy their company and spending time with them all the same. :twocents:

It’s so good that more and more women are getting involved in aviation, they’re not on this site though it seems; reading maybe, but not participating.

Great post

I have to curb my inner nerd more often than
I’d admit but not as much as I should
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

Guns and the love of them by a loud minority are a malignant and deadly cancer inflicted on American society

FatCat

Tue May 07, 2019 1:05 pm

if someone may need advice from an avgeek that has (had) a quite normal intersex life interaction
to like to girls you need to
- shower (more generally: take care of yourself, you don't need fancy clothes, but let them be clean and not worn out; you don't need fancy car but keep it clean, you don't need to have short hair, but don't keep em greasy)
- listen - be the person that ask questions and listens to the answers not the person that makes life long statements
- look them in the eyes
- do not swear
- do not take her for a date with a friend of yours (try always to be intimate - she has to be the most important thing that day, even if you are in the middle of SEA ramp and Boeing Co. CEO asks you how the 797 should look)
- by the way, brush and floss (see point 1)
- try not to get in conflict when talking
- sarcasm doesn't work on dates
- try not to make separated checks - some time ago I dated a very rich - lambo rich in fact - girl. first date, very simple restaurant (tip: you don't need to spend a fortune to impress), but I paid. she told me that no man ever paid for her, and even if it was a small check, she appreciated it very much.
using these simple steps at least I had a, yes, quite successful couple life.
had - becouse now I only date one girl, and I have her ring on my left hand ;-)
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

SteelChair

Tue May 07, 2019 2:19 pm

bgm wrote:
Looking for a gal on a website that’s 99% male? :rotfl:

Good luck, you’re going to need it! :duck:

"So you're saying there's a chance!" (Lloyd Christmas)

vikkyvik

Tue May 07, 2019 3:20 pm

TSS wrote:
I've been thinking about the couple we've referenced since this subject came up and it's driving me nuts that I can't remember the female half of the couple's name, yet I can picture her clear as day. I don't think the male half of the couple was as prolific a poster as she was, and I only knew who he was through his relationship with her. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, she ran into Superfly somewhere and they posted pics from that meeting as well. Didn't the first guy she dated from this site get all stalker-y and weird after they broke up, to the point that he eventually got permanently banned from this site, before she met the guy she wound up marrying?

Was it Speedbirdie?

There was some weird love-triangle-type thing involving her, if I recall correctly.

Other females on here I can recall are Pilot_Kaz, RednGold (who randomly popped up again a few months ago), ScarletHarlot, Saxdiva (I think I met her at LAX), Vaporlock (sadly passed away, I believe), probably a few others here and there.

Jouhou wrote:
but I don't think true female nerds are what men are looking for either.

No generalizations possible here. Different men want different types of women.

FatCat wrote:
- do not swear

My wife swears as much as I do (which is a lot).

FatCat wrote:
- sarcasm doesn't work on dates

Very much depends on the woman.

einsteinboricua wrote:
If there are any gays in the Seattle area, feel free to let me know.

There are gays in the Seattle area. You're welcome.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

einsteinboricua

Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
If there are any gays in the Seattle area, feel free to let me know.

There are gays in the Seattle area. You're welcome.

And there are women everywhere, yet the purpose of the thread is finding a.netters open to date.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

bennett123

Tue May 07, 2019 8:10 pm

The other issue is do you want to go on a date and discuss the latest DL livery?.

stl07

Tue May 07, 2019 10:22 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
FatCat wrote:
- do not swear

It's 50/50

My fun swearing has been a major turnoff, especially with Catholics
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

jdstJD

Fri May 10, 2019 12:34 am

bennett123 wrote:
The other issue is do you want to go on a date and discuss the latest DL livery?.

You never know...this is a site with a very narrow focus. I could see that being a very exciting conversation for some people on here.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

TheFlyingDisk

Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 am

Jouhou wrote:
^ believe me, I'm 100% nerd and 100% female but I don't think true female nerds are what men are looking for either.

Somebody asked me about what was going on with the Boeing 737 max today. I nerded out so hard the surrounding crowd dissipated and the only person remaining was the guy who inquired about it in the first place. I even overwhelmed the guy who used to work for Boeing on the subject...

What I wouldn't give to have a female nerd for company...

Problem is female nerds like you are very incredibly hard to find in my neck of the woods.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Beardown91737

Fri May 10, 2019 4:37 am

Not here for dating because my wife and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this summer.

OK then why did I open the thread? Because several years ago I trled to access a.net from work and it was blocked as a "dating site", so I wanted to find out if the "net nanny" was correct after all.

Good luck to those of you seeking relationships.
135 hrs PIC (mostly PA-28) - not current. Landings at MDW, PIA, JAN.

Airstud

Fri May 10, 2019 4:46 am

vikkyvik wrote:

Gross.
Pancakes are delicious.

chimborazo

Fri May 10, 2019 6:07 am

Airstud wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:

Gross.

“Damn good swear is good for you, it gets the blood pumping”. **
- Mustrum Ridcully, Archancellor of Unseen University, Ankh-Morpork

** or words to that effect

FlyingColours

Fri May 10, 2019 12:01 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
Tinder and Bumble suck so I figured I'll try to make a dating section on airliners.net where I'll at least have aviation in common with other people. It's open to anyone with an a.net account Plus I'm bored lol.

So lets try this!

I'm TWA772LR, a straight, male, Houston transplant in Denver who loves to ski, bike, and camp while thinking about the next country to visit for my world conquest. I work for a major US airline so marry me and fly for free!

Good luck to you pal but I really think this is the wrong place to find love.

My best advice to you is to try something like Pof which is free, put up a few good pictures of yourself, fill out your profile with proper honest information about yourself and who you are looking for. They have a forum too where if you ask, people will look at your profile and give any tips on what to add or remove.

It is a hard game to play, I used Match and it was a waste of time with fake accounts purely there to get you to keep paying your monthly subscription. Pof has it's flaws too, it seems to be predominantly filled with men/boys seeking one thing so you need to stand out and make the first contact, read the girls profile and comment on that.

It seemed that most girls on there would not make the first move, in fact the only ones that did were younger and seemed to have a cargo hold full of baggage. As they all get bombarded with one-night offers you really need to make your profile stand out, a good headshot for starters and make sure there is details in there. She will check your profile before she even looks at your message.

I know I said it before but read her profile, look at her picture and comment on those things as it really makes a difference. It worked for me, I've been with my partner for 6 years now, engaged for coming up to 3 as we work towards setting the date. According to her I was the only one to get in touch and actually try and have a conversation.

Oh and thanks chaps, I'll never be able to look at a Snow Globe again ;)

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

FlyDeltaJetsATL

Sat May 11, 2019 1:59 am

FlyingColours wrote:
I used Match and it was a waste of time with fake accounts purely there to get you to keep paying your monthly subscription.

I met my wife on Match and we have been together for 14 years. I found it difficult to meet people that interested me in traditional ways whilst being a long haul pilot due to the hours and travel associated with the job. I also had no interest in aviation types or women from my culture. With the convenience of Match, my travels allowed me to experience women from dozens of different countries and cultures. Match made it so easy to meet women from specific countries during layovers. One woman eventually ticked all of the boxes and we have been together ever since. If it was not for Match I would not have had the chance to meet my lovely wife.

Jesse
FLY DELTA JETS

ER757

Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 pm

[quote="TSS"]

Other females on here I can recall are Pilot_Kaz, RednGold (who randomly popped up again a few months ago), ScarletHarlot, Saxdiva (I think I met her at LAX), Vaporlock (sadly passed away, I believe), probably a few others here and there.

[quote="Jouhou"]

Years ago ScarletHarlot and her husband organized a Seattle a.nut meet up - we had about 15 of us, met for drinks and dinner on Friday and then spotting on Saturday. We stayed in touch for a while but don't know what they're up to now. I miss her

RyanairGuru

Sun May 12, 2019 1:32 am

I have been ignoring this thread, to be honest my immediate reaction was to roll my eyes when I first saw it.

Having finally opened it and read threw the posts I have to say that this is one of my favourite threads that I've read in a long time. Too often on this site people become argumentative d**ks, and the level of bitching and sniping really makes this website difficult to interact with at times. This isn't limited to this website, look at any faceless interaction over the internet such as the level of cyber bullying that goes on through FB and IG, and this website is much, much better than those platforms, but we could all do more to treat each other with a bit more respect. This thread actually strips out a lot of that and is a bit more of a personal interaction with individual posters, a more intimate connection with the person behind the keyboard. We are all just people IRL.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

cpd

Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
I have been ignoring this thread, to be honest my immediate reaction was to roll my eyes when I first saw it.

Having finally opened it and read threw the posts I have to say that this is one of my favourite threads that I've read in a long time. Too often on this site people become argumentative d**ks, and the level of bitching and sniping really makes this website difficult to interact with at times. This isn't limited to this website, look at any faceless interaction over the internet such as the level of cyber bullying that goes on through FB and IG, and this website is much, much better than those platforms, but we could all do more to treat each other with a bit more respect. This thread actually strips out a lot of that and is a bit more of a personal interaction with individual posters, a more intimate connection with the person behind the keyboard. We are all just people IRL.

It’s the problem with being online, it is so cold and remote. You just fire away and no consequences. Some people go on full vendettas, online stalking, the lot. Not me.

People have feelings and that isn’t just a name, there is a real person there behind it.

I used to know some people on this site in real life, some of the old guard if you want to call them that. Then I drifted away after I stopped taking photos.

I ride a bike a lot overseas, meeting different people that way. It’s just the opposite of the online world. I made some great close friends that way - the online world doesn’t afford that. I don’t trust the online world.

FlyingColours

Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 am

FlyDeltaJetsATL wrote:
FlyingColours wrote:
I used Match and it was a waste of time with fake accounts purely there to get you to keep paying your monthly subscription.

I met my wife on Match and we have been together for 14 years. I found it difficult to meet people that interested me in traditional ways whilst being a long haul pilot due to the hours and travel associated with the job. I also had no interest in aviation types or women from my culture. With the convenience of Match, my travels allowed me to experience women from dozens of different countries and cultures. Match made it so easy to meet women from specific countries during layovers. One woman eventually ticked all of the boxes and we have been together ever since. If it was not for Match I would not have had the chance to meet my lovely wife.

Jesse

I'm glad to hear that :) I was a bit too quick in my original post, the joys of sneaking in some Anet time at work whilst making it look like I was working... I don't doubt that Match has success stories like yours but from my experience it wasn't so good, I was also rather skeptical when it was saying there were a couple of hundred single women in my local area, despite at the time being in a very small village with less than 200 people in it...

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

TSS

Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 am

FlyingColours wrote:
FlyDeltaJetsATL wrote:
FlyingColours wrote:

Jesse

I'm glad to hear that :) I was a bit too quick in my original post, the joys of sneaking in some Anet time at work whilst making it look like I was working... I don't doubt that Match has success stories like yours but from my experience it wasn't so good, I was also rather skeptical when it was saying there were a couple of hundred single women in my local area, despite at the time being in a very small village with less than 200 people in it...

Clearly to Match the phrase "local area" encompasses everything within a one hundred mile radius of your home, not unlike how the phrase "a stone's throw" in real estate ads means five miles or more.

On another note, I just came across this: The 14 Red Flags of Dating- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkK2AcOG854
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

FatCat

Wed May 15, 2019 1:46 pm

stl07 wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:
FatCat wrote:
- do not swear

It's 50/50

My fun swearing has been a major turnoff, especially with Catholics

I explained myself maybe badly. I was writing about a first date.
Since meeting implies having first date.
I do swear too - not much, because I don't like to. Mostly when I get mad, but I don't get mad very often, in fact, only very rarely - but I don't find swearing funny. Child find swearing funny. If you're a 4th grader you may find it funny. I do also fart, burp and pick my nose, but I don't think that those are ingredients for a succesful first date's recipe, in most of cases.
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

enilria

Wed May 15, 2019 2:31 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
For heteros, I hear going to supermarkets and libraries and book stores are good places to meet.

All those involve cold-starting a conversation with the object of one's interest without coming off as "creepy", though. It can be done, but that's one of those areas where having a natural talent for that sort of thing will help far more than any amount of study and instruction ever will.

"That cabbage looks tasty, so do you?"
"Your chicken legs are almost cooked you are so hot"
"Let's have that microwave popcorn while we Netflix and chill"
"You're too cute to be buying acne cream"
"How about we have this cereal in the morning?"
"What are you planning with that 2 liter bottle of wine?" This one is most likely to work...

TSS

Thu May 16, 2019 12:01 am

enilria wrote:
TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
For heteros, I hear going to supermarkets and libraries and book stores are good places to meet.

All those involve cold-starting a conversation with the object of one's interest without coming off as "creepy", though. It can be done, but that's one of those areas where having a natural talent for that sort of thing will help far more than any amount of study and instruction ever will.

"What are you planning with that 2 liter bottle of wine?" This one is most likely to work...

Oh dude… I can picture every one of those lines being delivered by a guy who looks exactly like Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or on a good day maybe by Keith Lemon during his "strawberry blond" period. Either way, a shiny shirt unbuttoned halfway to the bellybutton framing a thick gold chain with a fake rhino horn "potency pendant" on it would be involved.

enilria

Thu May 16, 2019 1:13 pm

TSS wrote:
enilria wrote:
TSS wrote:

Oh dude… I can picture every one of those lines being delivered by a guy who looks exactly like Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or on a good day maybe by Keith Lemon during his "strawberry blond" period. Either way, a shiny shirt unbuttoned halfway to the bellybutton framing a thick gold chain with a fake rhino horn "potency pendant" on it would be involved.

A shirt unbuttoned to the navel is a winner's move. Just ask Charlie Sheen.

TSS

Thu May 16, 2019 8:54 pm

enilria wrote:
TSS wrote:
enilria wrote:

A shirt unbuttoned to the navel is a winner's move. Just ask Charlie Sheen.

Oh yeah! Throw in hair color that looks like it was done with a black Magic Marker and I won't be able to control myself… I'll bust out laughing on the spot!

aaway

Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 am

vikkyvik wrote:
TSS wrote:
I've been thinking about the couple we've referenced since this subject came up and it's driving me nuts that I can't remember the female half of the couple's name, yet I can picture her clear as day. I don't think the male half of the couple was as prolific a poster as she was, and I only knew who he was through his relationship with her. Unless I'm grossly mistaken, she ran into Superfly somewhere and they posted pics from that meeting as well. Didn't the first guy she dated from this site get all stalker-y and weird after they broke up, to the point that he eventually got permanently banned from this site, before she met the guy she wound up marrying?

Was it Speedbirdie?

There was some weird love-triangle-type thing involving her, if I recall correctly.

I recall a 'Carmen' or 'Carmenlu'. I recall her being from & living in Central America.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

vikkyvik

Mon May 20, 2019 2:06 pm

aaway wrote:
I recall a 'Carmen' or 'Carmenlu'. I recall her being from & living in Central America.

Yep, forgot about her.

FatCat wrote:
Child find swearing funny. If you're a 4th grader you may find it funny.

It's not so much about swearing being funny. It's just a part of my language.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

anshabhi

Mon May 20, 2019 2:50 pm

While I don't like the idea of paying to see who likes me, this is just a bit too extreme. I am not sure but I think I have not met even a single female on India related threads that I am active on

cybergus

Mon May 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Not too many girls here, but good luck to you . :bigthumbsup:

Yup! couldn't agree more lol
LAN Excellence in Flight

TSS

Tue May 21, 2019 1:41 am

anshabhi wrote:
While I don't like the idea of paying to see who likes me, this is just a bit too extreme. I am not sure but I think I have not met even a single female on India related threads that I am active on

Be aware that not everyone here wears their identity on their sleeve. Over the years there have been several posters that I had absolutely no idea were female until they chose to say so for whatever reason. If someone wants to post on how they think DFW should be remodeled, for example, their gender is irrelevant to that topic and thus they'd have no reason to reference their gender in that thread.

falstaff

Thu May 23, 2019 3:48 pm

Moose135 wrote:
If you really want to attract the ladies, you need to get yourself a snow globe.

And be sure to track her flight across the country and tell her all about it.

TSS wrote:
At airports I've done quite well meeting people, but it does depend on the airport: At DFW and PHX no problem, but at LAX you'd need to be wearing Oscars for earrings and a necklace made of Emmys just to get someone to glance in your direction, let alone engage in conversation.

It used to be easier to talk to people in airport bars than it is today. Twenty years ago everyone was chatting with each other; today most of them and buried in their phone.

ER757 wrote:
I can't recall either - but was it Skygirl? I think maybe it was

She was good looking. I remember seeing a photo of her standing in a United 744 engine.

TSS wrote:
I had forgotten just how rowdy this site used to be

I remember there was a guy who had the FBI investigate him for something he said on here. I forget what it was about though.

Jouhou wrote:
but I don't think true female nerds are what men are looking for either.

Depends on what kind of nerd. I always liked nerdy academic women. The Japanese Anime kind of nerd, not so much.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

Moose135

Thu May 23, 2019 3:59 pm

falstaff wrote:
I remember there was a guy who had the FBI investigate him for something he said on here. I forget what it was about though.

There was a guy who asked some hypothetical questions about an airplane (I think he asked about a 707) crashing into a building - unfortunately, that was shortly before 9/11, so it got the attention of the Feds...
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

BlueberryWheats

Thu May 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Moose135 wrote:
falstaff wrote:

There was a guy who asked some hypothetical questions about an airplane (I think he asked about a 707) crashing into a building - unfortunately, that was shortly before 9/11, so it got the attention of the Feds...

More specifically I think he actually specified the World Trade Centre in his question.

Moose135

Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
More specifically I think he actually specified the World Trade Centre in his question.

I thought that was the case, but wasn't sure.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

DarkSnowyNight

Thu May 23, 2019 7:42 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Moose135 wrote:
falstaff wrote:

This is remembered. That question was asked because by sheer happenstance, there was an hour long documentary on the History Channel about the construction of the original WTC. During this presentation, it was mentioned that the towers could withstand an impact by a low-flying, approach velocity 707.

Turns out they were right and then some. This aired sometime in the last few months before that particular event.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

ER757

Fri May 24, 2019 4:11 pm

falstaff wrote:
Moose135 wrote:
If you really want to attract the ladies, you need to get yourself a snow globe.

ER757 wrote:
I can't recall either - but was it Skygirl? I think maybe it was

She was good looking. I remember seeing a photo of her standing in a United 744 engine.

yeah, I remember that photo - guess we've both been around this site too long. I also remember the Falstaff brewery over on the south side of Chicago way back in the 60's so your avatar brings back childhood memories

zakuivcustom

Fri May 24, 2019 5:50 pm

All these talk made me Google search Skygirl...and found a few decade-old "self-photo" threads. There were quite a few female members on this site :P . Most of them are no longer active, though :cry2: .

vikkyvik

Fri May 24, 2019 7:39 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Moose135 wrote:

This is remembered. That question was asked because by sheer happenstance, there was an hour long documentary on the History Channel about the construction of the original WTC. During this presentation, it was mentioned that the towers could withstand an impact by a low-flying, approach velocity 707.

Turns out they were right and then some. This aired sometime in the last few months before that particular event.

Here's the thread in question:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60625&p=450167#p450167

And a couple follow-up threads:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=107429&p=899803#p899803

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168949&p=1559635#p1559635

anshabhi

Sun May 26, 2019 3:18 pm

falstaff wrote:

TSS wrote:
At airports I've done quite well meeting people, but it does depend on the airport: At DFW and PHX no problem, but at LAX you'd need to be wearing Oscars for earrings and a necklace made of Emmys just to get someone to glance in your direction, let alone engage in conversation.

It used to be easier to talk to people in airport bars than it is today. Twenty years ago everyone was chatting with each other; today most of them and buried in their phone.

++ So true and sad

sccutler

Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:54 am

There was a girl (excuse me, woman) who posted here quite a lot - way back when, but I cannot recall her user name. She lived (lives still) in New Orleans.

---

Fact is, it takes a woman of exceptional fortitude to tolerate the male-dominated world of online aviation forums; too many guys go scent-marking and peak-up the creep-o-meter.

That said, I know a very happy married couple who met as a direct result of their participation in another (GA-oriented) aviation board (in fact, I met her well before he did, at a lively DFW-area meet up). They're both pilots (she, both big helicopters and, now, bizjets; he, mostly a twin turboprop they use to fly charitable missions. Fun couple, good people, beautiful kids.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

TSS

Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:49 am

sccutler wrote:
There was a girl (excuse me, woman) who posted here quite a lot - way back when, but I cannot recall her user name. She lived (lives still) in New Orleans.

---

Fact is, it takes a woman of exceptional fortitude to tolerate the male-dominated world of online aviation forums; too many guys go scent-marking and peak-up the creep-o-meter.

Good point, but it reminds me of something else:

I had a female friend who flatly refused to date any guy who didn't have or wasn't raised with sisters in the house, her reason being that on so many issues from minor to major guys who grew up with sisters just "got it" in regards to women's reactions and behavior whereas guys who only had brothers or were only children just didn't understand and frequently had to have basic stuff explained to them and often still didn't comprehend even then. I think the same might be true for women who grew up without brothers around in that they just don't get why guys act the way they sometimes do and how to deal with it effectively.

sccutler

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:42 pm

TSS wrote:
sccutler wrote:

---

I had a female friend who flatly refused to date any guy who didn't have or wasn't raised with sisters in the house, her reason being that on so many issues from minor to major guys who grew up with sisters just "got it" in regards to women's reactions and behavior whereas guys who only had brothers or were only children just didn't understand and frequently had to have basic stuff explained to them and often still didn't comprehend even then. I think the same might be true for women who grew up without brothers around in that they just don't get why guys act the way they sometimes do and how to deal with it effectively.

Interesting perspective - I grew up with three sisters (I was "oops"), so maybe they trained me well.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

TWA772LR
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:04 am

TSS wrote:
sccutler wrote:

---

Explains a lot about my SIL, who also teaches 3rd grade. She knows how to put up with me, my brother and even our dad when we're acting dumb. She also has a brother.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.