trpmb6

Re: Should Jerry Nadler be Removed for miss use Of Power?

Thu May 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Worth reminding folks that Nadler once held the position that the Starr report should not be released to the public.

casinterest

Thu May 09, 2019 6:53 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Neither of those exceptions apply in this situation.

Why? The Chief Executive is in a conflict of interest as he and his lying cronies are under investigation. That is a national security issue . Hands down.

Not in the context of the statute.

This is about the constitution and congressional oversight. not just the statute.
Where ever you go, there you are.

trpmb6

Thu May 09, 2019 7:29 pm

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Why? The Chief Executive is in a conflict of interest as he and his lying cronies are under investigation. That is a national security issue . Hands down.

This is about the constitution and congressional oversight. not just the statute.

And as I said up thread there are many court rulings on the limits of Congress's role of oversight. Remember, they are co-equal branches of government. President Trump is not a king, and neither is Jerry Nadler (to use his own words from his CNN appearance yesterday morning - yes, believe it or not, I listen to both CNN and Fox.)

casinterest

Thu May 09, 2019 7:31 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

And as I said up thread there are many court rulings on the limits of Congress's role of oversight. Remember, they are co-equal branches of government. President Trump is not a king, and neither is Jerry Nadler (to use his own words from his CNN appearance yesterday morning - yes, believe it or not, I listen to both CNN and Fox.)

Nadler is not a king, but Trump and Barr are lying to the US which makes them criminals. That means oversight gets a higher boost.

stratclub
Topic Author

Thu May 09, 2019 7:50 pm

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
No. The grand jury testimony can be protected by adhering to congress's request.

The ONLY national security issues is than Nadler and his goons are obstructing justice by undermining AG Bars ability to investigate the treasonous act of political surveillance (spying) and trying to overthrow a POTUS. What we are seeing now is the Democrats using their "insurance policy" to destroy a sitting President with the hopes that the Demos win the WH in 2020.

Was there a law passed that the Demos can by any illegal means throw an election? I would guess no, and there will be Some Demos that will be prosecuted and sent to prison for their heinous acts. Is it any wonder that those Demos that are bad actors are stepping up their efforts to torpedo AG Bar?

What's next? Are the Demos going to indicte AG Bar for having a BMI index higher than the national average?

casinterest

Thu May 09, 2019 8:05 pm

stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

The ONLY national security issues is than Nadler and his goons are obstructing justice by undermining AG Bars ability to investigate the treasonous act of political surveillance (spying) and trying to overthrow a POTUS. What we are seeing now is the Democrats using their "insurance policy" to destroy a sitting President with the hopes that the Demos win the WH in 2020.

Was there a law passed that the Demos can by any illegal means throw an election? I would guess no, and there will be Some Demos that will be prosecuted and sent to prison for their heinous acts. Is it any wonder that those Demos that are bad actors are stepping up their efforts to torpedo AG Bar?

What's next? Are the Demos going to indicte AG Bar for having a BMI index higher than the national average?

This has to be the DUMBEST Thing I have read. Full of lies, and unverifiable truths.

The President Obstructed Justice. Not the Dems. They are looking for transparency, but all they are getting is a swamp of lies from the most corrupt administration ever.

Magog

Thu May 09, 2019 9:17 pm

Do people realize that Barr was under no obligation whatsoever to release Mueller’s report?

This isn’t about transparency. It’s about politics. The Democrats want to hold Barr in contempt for releasing something he had no obligation to release and only redacting what he was required by law to redact. If that is not insanity, I do not know what is.

seb146

Thu May 09, 2019 10:03 pm

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Mueller's letter did not say that Mueller disagreed with AG Bar's summery of findings which AG Bar confirmed in a telephone conversation. Mueller's concern was that AG Bars summery of findings could have been larger in scope. When Mueller's report was released, ALL of Mueller's concerns were addressed. By any stretch of the imagination, AG Bar did not lie about anything.

I watched the entire five hours of AG Bar's testimony and was appalled that after the hearing, the bold faced lie after lie after lie that Negative Nancy spewed for what was it 15 minutes? No. AG Bar did not lie about Mueller's letter or anything else in that 5 hour Democratic kangaroo court. Both Negative Nancy Pelosi and Jerry Nadler both need to be recognized for their slimy despicable misconduct in executing their public office and forced to resign or forcibly removed from public office.

It sure is underhanded that MSNBC/CNN didn't feel the need to report actual and verifiable facts in regards to this and decided that a false narrative and bold faced lies are in the best interest of their viewers.

Mueller's letter and phone call said that Barr mislead the American people. Mueller raised the question about why his report and Barr's report were so far off.

And you still have not answered my question.

What question is that? Try reading my last post. The truth is in there.

If he is so innocent, why is he filing lawsuit after lawsuit to keep documents hidden and demanding his fellow swamp monsters not testify under oath? If he were innocent, wouldn't he want everyone to see everything? We have been asking this for 2 1/2 years with still no answer......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Thu May 09, 2019 10:04 pm

Magog wrote:
Do people realize that Barr was under no obligation whatsoever to release Mueller’s report?

This isn’t about transparency. It’s about politics. The Democrats want to hold Barr in contempt for releasing something he had no obligation to release and only redacting what he was required by law to redact. If that is not insanity, I do not know what is.

Withholding documents proves innocence. That is your defense. Is that really what you are going with?

Magog

Thu May 09, 2019 10:06 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Withholding documents proves innocence. That is your defense. Is that really what you are going with?

Did you miss what I said? What I said is that the Attorney General released a document that he was absolutely not under any sort of obligation to release. And yet the Democrats wish to hold him in contempt. You would think it was a comedy sketch show.

seb146

Thu May 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Did you miss what I said? What I said is that the Attorney General released a document that he was absolutely not under any sort of obligation to release. And yet the Democrats wish to hold him in contempt. You would think it was a comedy sketch show.

So The House is supposed to make an informed decision with only half the information.

alfa164

Thu May 09, 2019 10:25 pm

seb146 wrote:
So The House is supposed to make an informed decision with only half the information.

Why not? Some posters here do it all the time...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Magog

Thu May 09, 2019 10:26 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Well, for starters they could actually read the full version of the report that they have had made available to them. As for how much information they do not have, it amounts to two full lines that were redacted and four lines that were partially redacted, two of which were footnotes. So methinks you were being just a tad hyperbolic.

What is absolutely chilling is that Congress is prepared to hold an official in contempt for following the law.

stratclub
Topic Author

Thu May 09, 2019 11:15 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

No. There is no "decision" to reach. The only crime are the Democrat's never ending witch hunts. Watching 5 hours of the Democrats kangaroo court featuring Victim AG Bar made it very evident that anything that their witch hunt was hope against hope going to find led to a big fat goose egg.

The Democrats like any politician are suppose to serve the people that elected them, not use their oversight privileges to destroy innocent people's integrity. But hey, 2020 is coming and since the job they were elected to do is irrelevant to them, holding kangaroo courts to destroy their opponents is the only game plan they have left.

Magog

Fri May 10, 2019 12:05 am

Holding an official in contempt for following his legal obligation, and nothing more, really is uncharted territory.

It’s downright scary and I’m thoroughly embarrassed by my party.

Aaron747

Fri May 10, 2019 12:07 am

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:

No. There is no "decision" to reach. The only crime are the Democrat's never ending witch hunts. Watching 5 hours of the Democrats kangaroo court featuring Victim AG Bar made it very evident that anything that their witch hunt was hope against hope going to find led to a big fat goose egg.

The Democrats like any politician are suppose to serve the people that elected them, not use their oversight privileges to destroy innocent people's integrity. But hey, 2020 is coming and since the job they were elected to do is irrelevant to them, holding kangaroo courts to destroy their opponents is the only game plan they have left.

Pretty sure the midterm results showed that this is precisely what their voters (and millions more independents like me) wanted - to keep this administration in check. We’re not South Africa, right?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

casinterest

Fri May 10, 2019 12:26 am

Magog wrote:
Holding an official in contempt for following his legal obligation, and nothing more, really is uncharted territory.

It's downright embarrassing that you continue to lie about your party. You are also deeply mistaken about what is going on. That is the problem with Repbulicans. They hate the government so much that they have no respect for how it works.

Magog

Fri May 10, 2019 12:33 am

casinterest wrote:
Magog wrote:

It's downright embarrassing that you continue to lie about your party. You are also deeply mistaken about what is going on. That is the problem with Repbulicans. They hate the government so much that they have no respect for how it works.

Are you saying that Congress repealed the law requiring grand jury testimony to be redacted? Are you saying that Congress no longer has access to the version with only two full lines and four partial lines redacted? You are being vague.

casinterest

Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 am

Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Magog wrote:

Are you saying that Congress repealed the law requiring grand jury testimony to be redacted? Are you saying that Congress no longer has access to the version with only two full lines and four partial lines redacted? You are being vague.

You are not capable of discerning your own political affiliation. So I will not wast time with pointing out that this is about the constitution. Not dishonorable liars like Barr and Trump.

Magog

Fri May 10, 2019 1:26 am

casinterest wrote:
Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You are not capable of discerning your own political affiliation. So I will not wast time with pointing out that this is about the constitution. Not dishonorable liars like Barr and Trump.

You are still being vague. If you have a point, let’s hear it. I trust you aren’t comfortable with Congress holding Barr in contempt for following the law.

seb146

Fri May 10, 2019 1:32 am

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:

With all of the crimes committed by his fellow swamp dwellers you honestly think there is nothing else to find? C'mon, guys.... Y'all spend how many years investigating Democrats and found not much? Now, y'all do not want any investigations at all because one guy says so? This is not DPRK. This is not Yugoslavia. This is not Soviet Union.

casinterest

Fri May 10, 2019 1:33 am

Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Magog wrote:

You are still being vague. If you have a point, let’s hear it. I trust you aren’t comfortable with Congress holding Barr in contempt for following the law.

He lied. He isn't following the law. No vagueness about it. He witheld consent, and then the president claimed executive priviedge. Why would the President claim executive Privilege if the law was not on Congress's side? See if you can vaguely answer that.

Magog

Fri May 10, 2019 2:38 am

casinterest wrote:
Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:

He lied. He isn't following the law. No vagueness about it. He witheld consent, and then the president claimed executive priviedge. Why would the President claim executive Privilege if the law was not on Congress's side? See if you can vaguely answer that.

Still vague. Who lied? About what, exactly?

atcsundevil

Fri May 10, 2019 2:47 am

Stick to the topic or the thread will be locked.

✈️ atcsundevil

stratclub
Topic Author

Fri May 10, 2019 4:02 am

casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:

This has to be the DUMBEST Thing I have read. Full of lies, and unverifiable truths.

The President Obstructed Justice. Not the Dems. They are looking for transparency, but all they are getting is a swamp of lies from the most corrupt administration ever.

How so exactly. The President didn't lie to anyone. To go back to topic, tell me how Nadler should not be led away in handcuffs? His actions certainly warrant it.

alfa164

Fri May 10, 2019 4:41 am

stratclub wrote:
There is no "decision" to reach. The only crime are the Democrat's never ending witch hunts. Watching 5 hours of the Democrats kangaroo court featuring Victim AG Bar made it very evident that anything that their witch hunt was hope against hope going to find led to a big fat goose egg.

I don't want to be the cause of anyone gagging on their vodka shots, but this will probably come as a shock to you: Trump's own in-house propaganda organ, Faux News doesn't think Barr is a "victim" and blames him for all the hullabaloo. According to its leading legal expert:

Fox News legal analyst Andrew Napolitano on Thursday denounced Attorney General William Barr's summary of special counsel Robert Mueller's report as a "deceptive" and "foolish attempt to sanitize" the conclusions from Mueller's investigation.

"It is clear that Barr's four-page letter, about which Mueller complained to Barr and some of Mueller's team complained to the media, was a foolish attempt to sanitize the Mueller report," Napolitano wrote in an op-ed published on FoxNews.com.

"It was misleading, disingenuous and deceptive. Also, because Barr knew that all or nearly all of the Mueller report would soon enter the public domain, it was dumb and insulting."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/443046-foxs-napolitano-slams-barr-memo-as-dumb-and-foolish-attempt-to

Interestingly, he - not your "kangaroo court" - also suggests Barr himself might be facing obstruction charges, based on his actions:

"In a bit of bitter irony, the statute that the House Democrats now claim Barr violated is the same obstruction of justice statute that Mueller says the president violated -- engaging in deceptive or diversionary behavior for a corrupt purpose in order to impede a government investigation or inquiry," Napolitano wrote. "This is a gravely serious charge against the attorney general."

So that poor victim Barr (not Bar! Never has been... never will be...) seems to have alienated the leading mouthpiece of his own dear leader.... not a good sign for the Trumppuppets - or for the Russian trolls who hide under the rocky flats of A.net...

:roll:
Last edited by alfa164 on Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

BerenErchamion

Fri May 10, 2019 4:47 am

Magog wrote:
What is absolutely chilling is that Congress is prepared to hold an official in contempt for following the law.

Stop making shit up.

If he is legally bound to not say more than he says, the correct procedure is to show up to the hearing and state as much. The contempt is because he refused to even show up at all.

Stop lying.

Magog

Fri May 10, 2019 9:38 am

BerenErchamion wrote:
Magog wrote:

Stop making shit up.

If he is legally bound to not say more than he says, the correct procedure is to show up to the hearing and state as much. The contempt is because he refused to even show up at all.

Stop lying.

You are wrong. Flat out wrong.

From the New York Times:
The House Judiciary Committee voted Wednesday to recommend that the House hold Attorney General William P. Barr in contempt of Congress for failing to turn over Robert S. Mueller III’s unredacted report, hours after President Trump asserted executive privilege to shield the full report and underlying evidence from Congress.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/us/p ... eport.html

Or are you saying that the Times is fake news?

So, yes, Barr has been held in contempt for following the law. That is a chilling abuse of power. Especially when it’s only two full lines and four partial lines that have been redacted.
Last edited by Magog on Fri May 10, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron747

Fri May 10, 2019 9:45 am

Magog wrote:
BerenErchamion wrote:
Magog wrote:

Stop making shit up.

Stop lying.

From the New York Times:
The House Judiciary Committee voted Wednesday to recommend that the House hold Attorney General William P. Barr in contempt of Congress for failing to turn over Robert S. Mueller III’s unredacted report, hours after President Trump asserted executive privilege to shield the full report and underlying evidence from Congress.

So, yes, Barr has been held in contempt for following the law. That is a chilling abuse of power.

Meh you’re splitting hairs on this while B-52s are being sent to Qatar and carrier battle groups are arriving in the strait of Hormuz for Bolton’s little Gulf War IV project. Still wanna whine about abusing Congressional oversight, or shall we move on to more pressing matters?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Magog

Fri May 10, 2019 9:47 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:
BerenErchamion wrote:

Stop making shit up.

Stop lying.

From the New York Times:

So, yes, Barr has been held in contempt for following the law. That is a chilling abuse of power.

Meh you’re splitting hairs on this while B-52s are being sent to Qatar and carrier battle groups are arriving in the strait of Hormuz for Bolton’s little Gulf War IV project. Still wanna whine about abusing Congressional oversight, or shall we move on to more pressing matters?

Classic deflection. This thread isn’t about the Strait of Hormuz.

casinterest

Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm

Magog wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

From the New York Times:

Classic deflection. This thread isn’t about the Strait of Hormuz.

This thread should have been closed long ago, because it was opened by someone that doesn't understand Government oversight, or the US constitution.

SQ22

Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Due to the fact that you prefer to attack each other anbd derailing the thread by doing so instead of discussing the topic, thread will be locked.