BN747
Topic Author

Christian Activist boasts of his ‘God-given duty to discriminate’ against LGBTQ people in Missouri House Hearing

Fri May 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Christian boasts of his ‘God-given duty to discriminate’ against LGBTQ people during Missouri House hearing

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/christ ... e-hearing/

A Christian activist this week testified to the Missouri House Committee on General Laws that he believed Americans had a divine calling to discriminate against LGBTQ Americans.

The Kansas City Star reports that Missouri businessman Ron Calzone told lawmakers this week that barring discrimination against the LGBTQ community would be defying God’s will that gay people face discrimination.

....I really can see this ignorance bleeding well into the 22nd Century.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

BestWestern

Re: Christian Activist boasts of his ‘God-given duty to discriminate’ against LGBTQ people in Missouri House Hearing

Fri May 10, 2019 6:15 pm

How Christian or him.

The Radical Christian is as bigoted as the Radical Moslem
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

BN747
Topic Author

Re: Christian Activist boasts of his ‘God-given duty to discriminate’ against LGBTQ people in Missouri House Hearing

Fri May 10, 2019 6:41 pm

BestWestern wrote:
How Christian or him.

The Radical Christian is as bigoted as the Radical Moslem

Yep, that page is the same in both 'HandBooks'

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

zakuivcustom

Fri May 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Ahh...the Christian Sharia lovers...

Seriously, these are probably the same people that condemn stoning of LGBT in Muslim nations (b/c...well, it's Muslim nations), but if it's some place like Uganda, probably cheer for it.

TSS

Fri May 10, 2019 6:51 pm

BestWestern wrote:
How Christian of him.

The Radical Christian is as bigoted as the Radical Muslim

From the story:

“I believe that we have a God-given right to discriminate,” he said. “We actually have a God-given responsibility, a duty, to sometimes discriminate.”

When asked during his testimony if businesses should be allowed to discriminate against people with freckles, he argued that they should.

“If a restaurant owner doesn’t want to serve people with freckles, that should be his choice,” he said.

So can we infer from that statement that he'd be perfectly okay with it if, say, a country club or business association chose to discriminate against people whose names end in a vowel? It wasn't that long ago when that exact type of discrimination was both common and widespread.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

zakuivcustom

Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 pm

TSS wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
How Christian of him.

The Radical Christian is as bigoted as the Radical Muslim

From the story:

“I believe that we have a God-given right to discriminate,” he said. “We actually have a God-given responsibility, a duty, to sometimes discriminate.”

When asked during his testimony if businesses should be allowed to discriminate against people with freckles, he argued that they should.

“If a restaurant owner doesn’t want to serve people with freckles, that should be his choice,” he said.

So can we infer from that statement that he'd be perfectly okay with it if, say, a country club or business association chose to discriminate against people whose names end in a vowel? It wasn't that long ago when that exact type of discrimination was both common and widespread.

I actually didn't even read that part.

As I've always said - be careful of what they wish for, b/c business owners can certainly turn around and kick them out the second they babble anything about their twisted religious belief.

BestWestern

Fri May 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Doesn’t the bible say something about ‘judge not’ or was it ‘Judge Judy’ ?

seb146

Fri May 10, 2019 7:55 pm

I didn't realize the Bible is now law. When did that happen?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

T18

Fri May 10, 2019 8:11 pm

BestWestern wrote:
Doesn’t the bible say something about ‘judge not’ or was it ‘Judge Judy’ ?

Let he that is without sin cast the first stone. Also the parable about the speck in your brother and plank in your own come to mind here.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

BestWestern

Fri May 10, 2019 8:35 pm

But isn’t that new testimony stuff.. only Old Testament matters. Post Jesus is fake news

BestWestern

Fri May 10, 2019 8:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
I didn't realize the Bible is now law. When did that happen?

In late 2016.

Didn’t you hear that we have a homophobe as Vice President. He’s also afraid of meeting women by himself. He might grab em by the Bible Belt.

Tugger

Fri May 10, 2019 10:33 pm

BestWestern wrote:
But isn’t that new testimony stuff.. only Old Testament matters. Post Jesus is fake news

The Old Testament is the Fox News of the Bible.
The New Testament is the MSNBC of the Bible.
:spin:
Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

scbriml

Fri May 10, 2019 10:49 pm

If Ron Pizza-pie says it's OK, then it must be! :sarcastic:

Seriously, how are views like this still alive in 2019? :banghead:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

einsteinboricua

Fri May 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Ah, but remember. It's only OK for THEM to discriminate, not for us regular people. If we choose to boycott, we're oppressors because we're infringing on "his 'God-given' right to discriminate".
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

MaverickM11

Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm

This was (let's be honest--is) standard operating procedure during segregation as well. It's why Liberty University was started--evangelicals believed the bible told them not to mix races.
E pur si muove -Galileo

BestWestern

Fri May 10, 2019 11:21 pm

These are radical Christians. All remaining Christians should apologise for their actions. If they don’t, they are radical sympathisers l too.

zakuivcustom

Sat May 11, 2019 1:24 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
This was (let's be honest--is) standard operating procedure during segregation as well. It's why Liberty University was started--evangelicals believed the bible told them not to mix races.

And here is one of those probable Liberty U grad:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1421941

BestWestern wrote:
These are radical Christians. All remaining Christians should apologise for their actions. If they don’t, they are radical sympathisers l too.

:white: Nice one.

But yes, then you will just hear those people being call “Christian apologists”.

seb146

Sat May 11, 2019 4:27 am

Let's run down what these people believe:

Trans and out gay are bad. Stay in the closet and stay depressed.
Some life is sacred.
Guns everywhere. Oh well if there is a mass shooting.
Women have zero control over their bodies.
English is the only language.
Christianity is the only religion.

I know I am missing a lot. These people align themselves with Republicans. And the current occupant of the White House.

stl07

Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 am

We have a saying in Missouri. St. Louis is New York. KC is California. And everything in between is Alabama.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

BN747
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 4:47 am

seb146 wrote:

Some life is sacred.

I know I am missing a lot. These people align themselves with Republicans. And the current occupant of the White House.

And that last statement 'These people align themselves with Republicans. And the current occupant of the White House.' there...is why anyone in that line up is christian in name only.

BN747

BestWestern

Sat May 11, 2019 7:31 am

seb146 wrote:

Some life is sacred.

Or self loathing Christians.

A3801000

Sat May 11, 2019 8:52 am

If you want to know more about him and his views or even leave him a comment: https://www.facebook.com/ron.calzone.3

DL717

Sat May 11, 2019 1:48 pm

BestWestern wrote:

You think he’s a Christian?
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Aesma

Sat May 11, 2019 3:10 pm

I wonder why all these fundamental christians don't speak Aramaic, you know, the language Jesus spoke ? Seems like a good first step if you're serious about your religion.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

c933103

Sat May 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Christian family organization in my city also protest against a law that would make discriminating homosexual illegal. They think it is discriminatory against people who find homosexuality unacceptable if the government ban discrimination against homosexuality.
This is a placeholder.

luckyone

Sat May 11, 2019 4:21 pm

Aside from irritation, I always end up feeling so sorry for people like this. Locked in their own heads, always so wound up about what somebody else is doing.

seb146

Sat May 11, 2019 6:01 pm

DL717 wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

You think he’s a Christian?

Yes. Yes he is. This is Christianity in America in the 21st Century. Hate and lie and lust and greed. That is why they love Republicans so much.

seb146

Sat May 11, 2019 6:03 pm

Aesma wrote:
I wonder why all these fundamental christians don't speak Aramaic, you know, the language Jesus spoke ? Seems like a good first step if you're serious about your religion.

How dare you! The Bible is written in English! Clearly Jesus spoke English because we can read the Bible in English! /sarcasm

DL717

Sat May 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Aesma wrote:

Um... so everyone can read and understand it rather than rely on false readings by the so called “enlightened” few, as was the case before the Bible was actually translated

stl07

Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Aesma wrote:

That's because "fundamental" = rape young girls, slap your wife, ban interracial marriage, ect, ect

"traditional" Christian is what you are looking for. These people live humbly and piously, knowing that one of the most fundamental themes of the bible is to not judge others and correct yourself instead. One famous line in the Bible is that people should "remove the log in their own eye before trying to remove the spec in someone else's
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

stl07

Sat May 11, 2019 9:26 pm

DL717 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Um... so everyone can read and understand it rather than rely on false readings by the so called “enlightened” few, as was the case before the Bible was actually translated

Exactly, every time this happens people assume that all or a good percentage of Christians (or any religion) are like this, but that is simply not true. All of the Christians at least where I like would denounce something like this

Aesma

Sat May 11, 2019 9:57 pm

DL717 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Clearly it's not working. At least if it wasn't translated they would have that excuse back.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

DL717

Sat May 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Aesma wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Clearly it's not working. At least if it wasn't translated they would have that excuse back.

Not everyone is capable of being literate, or having the ability to comprehend, regardless the language.

Tugger

Sat May 11, 2019 11:15 pm

DL717 wrote:
Aesma wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Not everyone is capable of being literate, or having the ability to comprehend, regardless the language.

Which is why most are followers and not able to ask key or critical questions.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

alfa164

Sun May 12, 2019 1:14 am

stl07 wrote:
Exactly, every time this happens people assume that all or a good percentage of Christians (or any religion) are like this, but that is simply not true. All of the Christians at least where I like would denounce something like this

How long must we wait until we hear them speak up?

Crickets...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

stl07

Sun May 12, 2019 1:30 am

alfa164 wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Exactly, every time this happens people assume that all or a good percentage of Christians (or any religion) are like this, but that is simply not true. All of the Christians at least where I live would denounce something like this

How long must we wait until we hear them speak up?

Crickets...

Well multiple posters that are Christian already have. It's not like "Christianity" can put out a press release like DL every other day when they feel threatened by the big bad radical middle eastern carries.

stl07

Sun May 12, 2019 1:31 am

stl07 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

*Live (not like)

alfa164

Sun May 12, 2019 1:34 am

stl07 wrote:
Well multiple posters that are Christian already have. It's not like "Christianity" can put out a press release like DL every other day when they feel threatened by the big bad radical middle eastern carries.

"Christianity" - in the form of church leaders - put out press releases all the time - albeit usually asking for more money to support their dogma.

On this issue... still crickets...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

stl07

Sun May 12, 2019 2:53 am

alfa164 wrote:
stl07 wrote:

"Christianity" - in the form of church leaders - put out press releases all the time - albeit usually asking for more money to support their dogma.

On this issue... still crickets...

That's because this is such a non issue that it doesn't even warrent an official condemning. Obviously this guy is an ass and no more discussion is needed.I live in mo, and I didn't even here about this until I found it on a.net, and I'm very up to date in terms of newsworthy items. That's because this fool is so unimportant he doesn't even matter. And btw, no organized denomination of Christianity puts out press releases asking for money, at least not often. Only the fanatical cult independent churches do that, which this guy seems like he is part of, bringing me back to my main point that most Christians don't do this. Thanks for proving my point

johnboy

Sun May 12, 2019 4:29 am

stl07 wrote:
... Only the fanatical cult independent churches do that, which this guy seems like he is part of, bringing me back to my main point that most Christians don't do this. Thanks for proving my point

Or, quite a lot more meekly, the slightly more mainstream ones would say true Christians would never do this and - smug in their non-protest - never give it a second thought.

#truthfairy

BerenErchamion

Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 am

He's not a Christian. Opposition to human love and sex between consenting adults is a form of Satan-worship, and those engaged in it are going to spend all eternity in Hell if they don't repent.

bennett123

Thu May 16, 2019 6:41 am

IMO, discrimination against any person/group due to who they are is not Christian.

There should be laws to prevent harmful actions.