Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dutchy
Topic Author

Putin's anual ice hockey "match"

Sat May 11, 2019 10:00 am

Russian president Vladimir Putin further burnished his action man status after scoring at least eight goals in an exhibition ice hockey game in Sochi. The 66-year-old leader breezed past largely static defenders several times to help his side to a 14-7 victory – before falling flat on his face while taking a victory lap

See the hilarious footage

Only in Russia and probably in North Korea will the "leader" do this kind of narcistisch cult status thinks. Seeing him fall flat on his face is just hilarious to see and a fitting karma fight back. :lol:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

anrec80

Re: Putin's anual ice hockey "match"

Sat May 11, 2019 3:15 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Russian president Vladimir Putin further burnished his action man status after scoring at least eight goals in an exhibition ice hockey game in Sochi. The 66-year-old leader breezed past largely static defenders several times to help his side to a 14-7 victory – before falling flat on his face while taking a victory lap

Only in Russia and probably in North Korea will the "leader" do this kind of narcistisch cult status thinks. Seeing him fall flat on his face is just hilarious to see and a fitting karma fight back. :lol:

Ok - what’s wrong here? The guy is into sports, plays hockey. One of his priorities in Russia - to promote healthy living and sporty lifestyle, and he’s setting example for that. Still much better when the leader is drinking, as one next to him.

zakuivcustom

Sat May 11, 2019 3:36 pm

At least this is not NK. Imagine if fatty Kim fell on his face like Putin, all those spectators are going into reeducation camp.

On the flip side, yes, what Putin is doing is somewhat narcissistic. On the other hand, can you imagined Trump even able to score 8 goals in hockey even if his opponent just stands there? Hack, can you imagine Trump doing any sport for more than 5 seconds?

dmg626

Sat May 11, 2019 3:52 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
At least this is not NK. Imagine if fatty Kim fell on his face like Putin, all those spectators are going into reeducation camp.

On the flip side, yes, what Putin is doing is somewhat narcissistic. On the other hand, can you imagined Trump even able to score 8 goals in hockey even if his opponent just stands there? Hack, can you imagine Trump doing any sport for more than 5 seconds?

Is golf not considered a sport anymore ?

Aesma

Sat May 11, 2019 3:57 pm

I don't watch hockey but for the little I've seen, a couple matches at the olympics, it's supposed to be 10 times faster than this, isn't it ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

zakuivcustom

Sat May 11, 2019 4:18 pm

dmg626 wrote:

I totally forgot :white: :white: .

But hey, Putin = multiple holes in one (Ok, that's fatty Kim), Trump = a bunch of (insert a random number here) bogies. :duck: :duck:

Redd

Sat May 11, 2019 4:42 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Ok - what’s wrong here? The guy is into sports, plays hockey. One of his priorities in Russia - to promote healthy living and sporty lifestyle, and he’s setting example for that. Still much better when the leader is drinking, as one next to him.

What's wrong? He plays like he belongs in a geriatric ward and the other players are letting him win. It's funny, very very funny. And a total farce.

alfa164

Sat May 11, 2019 5:45 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
On the other hand, can you imagined Trump even able to score 8 goals in hockey even if his opponent just stands there? Hack, can you imagine Trump doing any sport for more than 5 seconds?

Golf is a much better sport for Trump. It is hard to cheat at hockey.

Redd wrote:
What's wrong? He plays like he belongs in a geriatric ward and the other players are letting him win. It's funny, very very funny. And a total farce.

:checkmark: This. .Little LiliPutin wants to make the most naive Russians believe he is a real sportsman - so the real players lay back and let him score ("otherwise, it is the gulag for you, comrade!") - and then he falls flat on his face. I'll bet that scene didn't make the top-of-the-news on RT...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Moose135

Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 pm

dmg626 wrote:

I think it depends on how you play it. Walk 18 holes, yes it is. Hit the ball, ride in the cart to where it landed, hit it again then jump in the cart, not so much.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

Dutchy
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 10:43 pm

anrec80 wrote:

Only you could defend even this, like I said, Russian troll like behavior :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The rest of the world is laughing at this farce, rightfully so.

Aeroflot777

Sat May 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Only you could defend even this, like I said, Russian troll like behavior :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The rest of the world is laughing at this farce, rightfully so.

I usually stay out of political threads. But Dutchy, reading your various posts in multiple threads... all you do is overuse the word "troll" every single time someone says something about Russia you don't seem to agree with. Then consistently proceed to negatively bring things up yourself, especially when it comes to that country. Over and over again, you just end up sounding like a broken record.

Pushing your agenda, regardless of which side you are on, you sound like the same type of user you are accusing others of being.

In this particular instance, what in God's name is there to defend? And pray tell, what is wrong with playing hockey? In all honesty he probably plays better than 99% of people on this forum, not sure about your skills in that sport. I know that I can't do much on ice without falling, and when I do fall, thankfully don't have the internet watching. Time to grow up, kids.

Dutchy
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 11:08 pm

Aeroflot777 wrote:
I usually stay out of political threads. But Dutchy, reading your various posts in multiple threads... all you do is overuse the word "troll" every single time someone says something about Russia you don't seem to agree with. Then consistently proceed to negatively bring things up yourself, especially when it comes to that country. Over and over again, you just end up sounding like a broken record.

Pushing your agenda, regardless of which side you are on, you sound like the same type of user you are accusing others of being.

In this particular instance, what in God's name is there to defend? And pray tell, what is wrong with playing hockey? In all honesty he probably plays better than 99% of people on this forum, not sure about your skills in that sport. I know that I can't do much on ice without falling, and when I do fall, thankfully don't have the internet watching. Time to grow up, kids.

Not everyone, just everyone whom pushes the Russian agenda and anrec80 is a very good example. Not pushing my agenda, just calling out a Russian propagandist.

Nothing wrong playing hokey, just hilarious if a country leader does it and scores as much as he with the players obviously doing nothing about this. It isn't playing hokey, it is propaganda pur sang, personality cultus.

cpd

Sun May 12, 2019 12:03 am

Aesma wrote:
I don't watch hockey but for the little I've seen, a couple matches at the olympics, it's supposed to be 10 times faster than this, isn't it ?

I remember in Innsbruck staying in Ramada Tivoli, right across the road from the ice hockey venue. I could see the teenage kids practicing there. Even the practice looked brutal - and fast! They were probably 15-16 year old kids... I don’t want see an actual match.

Good on Putin for having a go, but if it were a real proper match even against those kids, they’d destroy him.

einsteinboricua

Sun May 12, 2019 1:01 am

zakuivcustom wrote:

It's a good thing Trump is not trying to get along with Kim Jong-Il, who once scored 38 under par at a golf course and bowled a perfect 300 the first time he bowled (per North Korean propaganda). In a battle of superlatives, it's already bad enough that Trump claims he's the universe's foremost expert on things (because nobody knows more than him about *item*) but imagine a Twitter battle to see who can do better.

NK: The Dear Leader golfed 38 under par
WH: The President managed to win games with all hole in one hits.
NK: The Dear Leader's golf courses are enormous with massage parlors between holes.
WH: Trump's courses contain the best buffets between holes and transportation in luxury vehicles.

And on and on.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

alfa164

Sun May 12, 2019 1:10 am

Dutchy wrote:
Not everyone, just everyone whom pushes the Russian agenda and anrec80 is a very good example. Not pushing my agenda, just calling out a Russian propagandist. .

:checkmark: There are a few posters on A.net who can safely be identified as Russian trolls. They aren't fooling anyone.

Dutchy wrote:
Nothing wrong playing hokey, just hilarious if a country leader does it and scores as much as he with the players obviously doing nothing about this. It isn't playing hokey, it is propaganda pur sang, personality cultus.

:checkmark: :checkmark: It - and the shirtless, horse-back-riding-machismo - would be laughable, if it weren't for LiliPutin's propagandists boosting them at every opportunity.

Aeroflot777 wrote:
Time to grow up, kids.

Maybe you should tell that to little LiliPutin - the Amazing-Teenaged-Skilled-Championship-Hockey-Player.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

zkojq

Sun May 12, 2019 2:06 am

I hope it hurt. A lot.

alfa164 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Not everyone, just everyone whom pushes the Russian agenda and anrec80 is a very good example. Not pushing my agenda, just calling out a Russian propagandist. .

:checkmark: There are a few posters on A.net who can safely be identified as Russian trolls. They aren't fooling anyone.

But....but they keep saying they're a liberal! Seriously though, criticising Russia or Putin is a surefire way to bring out a few of the trolls.
First to fly the 787-9

SQ22

Sun May 12, 2019 5:35 am

Thread went off topic and will be locked, please discuss the topci and not the users.