enilria
Topic Author

AA Eagle/PSA Pilot Pulled Off Plane Minutes Before Takeoff, Charged in Triple Murder

Tue May 14, 2019 12:45 am

Didn't see this posted. Police arrested him as the plane was departing and pulled him from the plane it appears.

A pilot for an American Airlines subsidiary was arrested at a Kentucky airport on Saturday, after being indicted over the murders of three people.

Christian Richard Martin, a pilot for PSA Airlines, which is owned by American, was indicted Friday over the deaths of Calvin Phillips, 59, his wife, Pamela, 58, and neighbor Edward Danserau, 63, on Friday.

The killings took place on November 18, 2015, in Pembroke, Kentucky. Calvin Phillips was found shot dead in the cellar of his home, while police found Pamela Phillips and Danserau in a burned-out car belonging to Danserau in a nearby corn field.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23725394/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/transpor ... 3eb3da756c
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/pilot-pulled- ... 35768.html

KBUF

Re: AA Eagle/PSA Pilot Pulled Off Plane Minutes Before Takeoff, Charged in Triple Murder

Tue May 14, 2019 3:39 am

Seems this is the flight in question: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JIA ... /KSDF/KCLT
"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."-Terry Pegula, February 22, 2011

impilot

Re: AA Eagle/PSA Pilot Pulled Off Plane Minutes Before Takeoff, Charged in Triple Murder

Tue May 14, 2019 3:45 am

He had a storied 30 year military career. Interesting interview with him here regarding his previous charges brought by his ex wife. https://www.wsmv.com/news/raw-interview ... aac7d.html

Newark727

Tue May 14, 2019 4:19 am

This sounds like a Law and Order plot. Actually, in a few months this'll probably BE a Law and Order plot.

Q

Tue May 14, 2019 4:30 am

This is not the first time. I remembered years ago, United Airlines pilot murdered his ex-wife. They arrested the pilot before or after the flight I can't remember that news. He still in jail.

I found Google news: https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Q

BN747

Pilot Accused of Triple Murder, Double Life

Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Anyone heard about this???

‘Monster’ in the Cockpit: Inside the Crazy Case of the American Airlines Pilot Accused of Triple Murder'
https://www.thedailybeast.com/monster-i ... r?ref=home

Before Christian ‘Kit’ Martin was nabbed at an airport for the 2015 murders of his neighbors, he'd faced accusations before: of stealing military intel and terrorizing his ex-wife.
An American Airlines pilot charged with the 2015 murders of his Kentucky neighbors had a history of disturbing allegations leveled against him—including claims that he sexually abused his ex-wife and beat up her son.

Christian “Kit” Martin, 51, was arrested Saturday just before his commercial plane took off from Muhammad Ali International Airport in Louisville. In his booking photo, Martin appears emotionless while wearing his white pilot’s uniform.

One us has flown with him (unknowingly of course..) perhaps more than once.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Moose135

Re: Pilot Accused of Triple Murder, Double Life

Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Yes, saw it on the news yesterday. There's a thread in the Civil Av forum, but I think it's better as a Non-Av posting, since other than the fact that he works as a pilot, it's really not aviation related. I did report the other thread for placement.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1422519
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

atcsundevil

Re: Pilot Accused of Triple Murder, Double Life

Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Yes, saw it on the news yesterday. There's a thread in the Civil Av forum, but I think it's better as a Non-Av posting, since other than the fact that he works as a pilot, it's really not aviation related. I did report the other thread for placement.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... &t=1422519

The threads have been merged. Other than the fact that this involves a pilot, it's essentially a Non Aviation discussion.

dmg626

Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm

So the murders happened 3 1/2 years ago and they finally arrested him just at the time he was about to depart? Sounds like a da has a drama streak and wanted to get some big news headlines out of this arrest. The indictment came down the night before, he should have been immediately arrested outside of the airport environment for the safety of everyone involved

LMP737

Wed May 15, 2019 2:14 am

dmg626 wrote:
So the murders happened 3 1/2 years ago and they finally arrested him just at the time he was about to depart? Sounds like a da has a drama streak and wanted to get some big news headlines out of this arrest. The indictment came down the night before, he should have been immediately arrested outside of the airport environment for the safety of everyone involved

Seems like the perfect place if you ask me. Don't have to worry about him being armed. Or at least one would think.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

910A

Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 am

impilot wrote:
He had a storied 30 year military career. Interesting interview with him here regarding his previous charges brought by his ex wife. https://www.wsmv.com/news/raw-interview ... aac7d.html

Are you aware that he was punitively dismissed from the Army? In May 2016, a court-martial found him guilty of two counts of mishandling classified information and of assault on a child under the age of 16. He was sentenced to be reprimanded, be confined for 90 days and be dismissed from the service. For those that never served in the US Military at an officer rank,a dismissal notice for an officer is equivalent to a dishonorable discharge. How he passed the background would be interesting to know.

910A

Wed May 15, 2019 3:31 am

LMP737 wrote:
dmg626 wrote:

Seems like the perfect place if you ask me. Don't have to worry about him being armed. Or at least one would think.

Bingo :checkmark:

The pilot qualified as a high risk..Allows time for the federal marshals, and local police to work on their plan of operation. Besides getting him at the checkpoint, will probably be the time his guard is let down making it easier to take him into custody.

ltbewr

Wed May 15, 2019 3:41 am

Pilots can be multiple murderers like anyone else. It is disturbing how this guy even got or kept his license, or an airport ID security check considering his dishonorable military record and general criminal record. Now PSA is out a pilot, their investment in him, the lost income from the flights he was scheduled for cancelled.
Apparently the murder was over the possible allegations of his wife cheating on him. I am quite sure the family and friends of the victims are relieved with this arrest of the alleged perpetrator of the murders, will face justice and if found guilty or admits guilt in a plea deal, will be sharing a cell with Bubba for most if not all the rest of his live.

impilot

Wed May 15, 2019 3:54 am

ltbewr wrote:
Pilots can be multiple murderers like anyone else. It is disturbing how this guy even got or kept his license, or an airport ID security check considering his dishonorable military record and general criminal record. Now PSA is out a pilot, their investment in him, the lost income from the flights he was scheduled for cancelled.
Apparently the murder was over the possible allegations of his wife cheating on him. I am quite sure the family and friends of the victims are relieved with this arrest of the alleged perpetrator of the murders, will face justice and if found guilty or admits guilt in a plea deal, will be sharing a cell with Bubba for most if not all the rest of his live.

You should read more on the case or watch the video linked before commenting. His wife was never actually his wife because she was married to someone else the whole time. The marriage got annulled because it was a fraud (on her part). Once he found out about that, he said he was going to divorce her. She threatens to ruin his military career if he tried. He did it anyway. He prepped the army for a bunch of stories coming forward because he knew it would happen. She told the military police/CID he was an international spy, child abuser, had classified info, and some other stuff.

It’s a lot more complex than most people realize. The guy who was murdered was to testify in 2 weeks. The accused murderer here claims that guy was his star witness, so it wouldn’t make sense for him to murder him.

Whether or not he did it, I have no idea. Whether or not he beat his kids before, I have no idea. Regardless of what he did do, the military justice system was questionable at best in his last case in their actions.

What they have on him now, 4 years later, that promoted this charge? I have no idea. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

LMP737

Wed May 15, 2019 4:00 am

Q wrote:
This is not the first time. I remembered years ago, United Airlines pilot murdered his ex-wife. They arrested the pilot before or after the flight I can't remember that news. He still in jail.

Q

Then there's this guy.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xp ... story.html
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

speedbird52

Wed May 15, 2019 4:29 am

Wasn't there a BA 747 pilot who murdered his wife with a hammer and then planned to crash the plane he flew next day?

DL717

Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 am

ltbewr wrote:

Honestly I don’t know how people like this can just walk around for 2 1/2 years like nothing happened. You’ve got to be some kind of effed up. This and he was discharged for the reasons mentioned above and still had a job? WTH?
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Aaron747

Wed May 15, 2019 5:24 am

DL717 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Honestly I don’t know how people like this can just walk around for 2 1/2 years like nothing happened. You’ve got to be some kind of effed up. This and he was discharged for the reasons mentioned above and still had a job? WTH?

The same way people three and four-time their partners, deal drugs, or go to TH/PH/Africa on sex holidays to monger preteens, or engineer overcharges on life-saving pharmaceuticals. They just do and feel nothing because they have no moral center.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Kiwirob

Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 am

LMP737 wrote:
Q wrote:

Q

Then there's this guy.

Didn’t we also have a member on a.net who is a pedo?

TSS

Wed May 15, 2019 5:54 am

impilot wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

You should read more on the case or watch the video linked before commenting. His wife was never actually his wife because she was married to someone else the whole time. The marriage got annulled because it was a fraud (on her part). Once he found out about that, he said he was going to divorce her. She threatens to ruin his military career if he tried. He did it anyway. He prepped the army for a bunch of stories coming forward because he knew it would happen. She told the military police/CID he was an international spy, child abuser, had classified info, and some other stuff.

It’s a lot more complex than most people realize. The guy who was murdered was to testify in 2 weeks. The accused murderer here claims that guy was his star witness, so it wouldn’t make sense for him to murder him.

Whether or not he did it, I have no idea. Whether or not he beat his kids before, I have no idea. Regardless of what he did do, the military justice system was questionable at best in his last case in their actions.

What they have on him now, 4 years later, that promoted this charge? I have no idea. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Now now, Impilot, people on here have already started sharpening their pitchforks, stacking up wood around their stakes, and carefully counting the loops as they tied up their nooses, and for you to suggest that a person is innocent until proven guilty and should be given a fair trial before sentencing commences is just raining on their lynch mob… erm, parade.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

DL717

Wed May 15, 2019 6:10 am

Kiwirob wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
Q wrote:

Q

Then there's this guy.

Didn’t we also have a member on a.net who is a pedo?

Gross.

DL717

Wed May 15, 2019 6:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

The same way people three and four-time their partners, deal drugs, or go to TH/PH/Africa on sex holidays to monger preteens, or engineer overcharges on life-saving pharmaceuticals. They just do and feel nothing because they have no moral center.

Agreed, there are a boatload if people without a compass, but the gap between that and mass murder is pretty wide. You have to be some kind of evil to kill three people like that then go about your business like nothing happened.

TSS

Wed May 15, 2019 8:07 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Agreed, there are a boatload if people without a compass, but the gap between that and mass murder is pretty wide. You have to be some kind of evil to kill three people like that then go about your business like nothing happened.

That, or be genuinely innocent. I'm not saying conclusively that he is, but based on the reports so far my money is on the ex wife.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

stratosphere

Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 am

speedbird52 wrote:
Wasn't there a BA 747 pilot who murdered his wife with a hammer and then planned to crash the plane he flew next day?

Don't know but I do remember the Eastern Airlines pilot that put his wife thru a wood chipper...

https://www.newstimes.com/local/article ... 256633.php

GalaxyFlyer

Wed May 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Yes, Richard Crafts is still in CT State Penitentiary, used drive by it on the way to work. Most pilots I flew with at EA and knew him said it was entirely believable.

GF

910A

Wed May 15, 2019 3:20 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Yes, Richard Crafts is still in CT State Penitentiary, used drive by it on the way to work. Most pilots I flew with at EA and knew him said it was entirely believable.

GF

Apparently not any more..According to the CTDOC inmate finder he is at Osborn now. Perhaps he has health issues..he has to be around 80 years of age now..
The facility is a medium security institution that houses one of the largest inmate populations of the correctional facilities in the state.The facility is one of three in the state which also provides trained, offender, hospice voulunteers who provide end of life care to fellow inmates.

jdstJD

Wed May 15, 2019 5:34 pm

stratosphere wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:

Don't know but I do remember the Eastern Airlines pilot that put his wife thru a wood chipper...

https://www.newstimes.com/local/article ... 256633.php

A wood chipper??? :o O...M...G.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

SXDFC

Thu May 16, 2019 4:02 am

Congrats to the first cadet for the "Pathway To Prison" (PTP) program.. Wonder how much the sign on bonus will be?