Aesma

Re: The Iran Threat Thread

Tue May 21, 2019 1:52 pm

Trump got the US out of the Iran deal, imposed sanctions again, and made no effort to negotiate anything. That in itself is inciting.

Then he sends the military and makes threats.

Wars have been started over less.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Magog

Tue May 21, 2019 1:56 pm

All reports with sources in the White House say that he doesn’t want to start a war. He campaigned on avoiding wars in the Middle East. The same people who predicted nuclear war with North Korea are now saying that war with Iran is imminent. Relax, everyone. You’ve been proven wrong once already. Don’t make the same mistake again.

seb146

Tue May 21, 2019 2:07 pm

There are a lot of people who are against current military actions being taken right now in the Middle East. Congress would (I hope) reflect that. It is also worth mentioning that Republicans are the first to claim a Democrat will try to go to war or ignore the law but Republicans actually do it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Spar

Tue May 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Magog wrote:
Sure. If you don’t care about the predominant evidence, I guess you “fixed” it. Congrats.

The only "evidence" I can see is that Trump has sent a carrier group and B52s to the gulf while going on Fox to publically tell the Iranians that he will destroy and bring their 2,500 year old nation to an end if they don't kowtow to his wishes.

And when it comes to evidence........
Magog wrote:
Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:
And Iran is a bully too.

Easy to say, impossible to demonstrate.

Jason Rezaian. Aggression in Syria.

I’ve got more.

Where's your "more"?

You throw around words as if they have no meaning.

LMP737

Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Magog wrote:
There’s no spin. I’m just stating facts. Bolton wants more military action and Trump has said no. I get the sense that you’ve never worked with other people in an organization. If you had, you would know that people don’t get fired just because they have a different opinion than their boss. It’s actually a good thing to have a diversity of opinions. Trump SHOULD surround himself with people who can argue both sides of the issue.

And I get the sense that you don't seem to understand that the boss should be standing up to one of his employees as you previously stated. In this case Trump standing up to Bolton. Which quite frankly is one of the most ridiculous things I have read.

This whole mess we have right now is a manufactured one that should never have happened in the first place. And it is all on Trump, no one else. Because either he is a willing participant or he's nothing more than a rubber stamp for war monger like Bolton.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Aesma

Wed May 22, 2019 8:22 am

Magog wrote:
All reports with sources in the White House say that he doesn’t want to start a war. He campaigned on avoiding wars in the Middle East. The same people who predicted nuclear war with North Korea are now saying that war with Iran is imminent. Relax, everyone. You’ve been proven wrong once already. Don’t make the same mistake again.

Trump also said he would drain the swamp. Yet he's drowning in it.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

kaitak

Wed May 22, 2019 2:49 pm

No one is saying that the regime in the Islamic Republic are saints, far from it, but the attitude of successive Republican administrations towards Iran has been "stick, stick, stick" - no carrot. You can't treat a country like this and expect to get positive results, especially not a country of 70m which has a fairly central role (even just geographically). Israel has a beef with Iran? Let it sort it out itself. US administrations need to take a longer term view; is continuing conflict - even just "cold war" - with Iran really in America's long term interest. The brief "Iran spring" following Obama's nuclear deal, even if it was flawed and limited in some respects, showed the potential for commercial relations with Iran. Surely, at some level, it must be recognised that if you box in a country, impose sanctions on it and generally make life difficult for it, it will seek ways to beat those sanctions. Conversely, a country that is able to meet its needs and becomes a stable, exporting and growing economy will be a far better partner, commercially, politically and in every other way. It's not a question of "rewarding terrorism"; it's a question of recognising the reality on the ground - is Iran REALLY the cause of all tension in the ME, and Israel and the Saudis (in Yemen, for example) get a completely free pass? That kind of "black and white" approach gets no one anywhere.

Time to grow up, America. See the real story on the ground. Engage with the world as it actually is, not as you think it is or want it to be.

Aaron747

Wed May 22, 2019 9:15 pm

kaitak wrote:
No one is saying that the regime in the Islamic Republic are saints, far from it, but the attitude of successive Republican administrations towards Iran has been "stick, stick, stick" - no carrot. You can't treat a country like this and expect to get positive results, especially not a country of 70m which has a fairly central role (even just geographically). Israel has a beef with Iran? Let it sort it out itself. US administrations need to take a longer term view; is continuing conflict - even just "cold war" - with Iran really in America's long term interest. The brief "Iran spring" following Obama's nuclear deal, even if it was flawed and limited in some respects, showed the potential for commercial relations with Iran. Surely, at some level, it must be recognised that if you box in a country, impose sanctions on it and generally make life difficult for it, it will seek ways to beat those sanctions. Conversely, a country that is able to meet its needs and becomes a stable, exporting and growing economy will be a far better partner, commercially, politically and in every other way. It's not a question of "rewarding terrorism"; it's a question of recognising the reality on the ground - is Iran REALLY the cause of all tension in the ME, and Israel and the Saudis (in Yemen, for example) get a completely free pass? That kind of "black and white" approach gets no one anywhere.

Time to grow up, America. See the real story on the ground. Engage with the world as it actually is, not as you think it is or want it to be.

You’re making too much sense - especially when IAEA has reported that established terms of JCPOA were being adhered to. And Iran is closer to 81m in population now.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

alfa164

Wed May 22, 2019 10:31 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
kaitak wrote:

You’re making too much sense - especially when IAEA has reported that established terms of JCPOA were being adhered to. And Iran is closer to 81m in population now.

Bolton is probably telling Trump Iran has a population of about 500 people... and and all of them would come out waving American flags if we would only attack their government.

And Trump probably doesn't know any better...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Spar

Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Pentagon asking Trump to send several thousand more troops to Mideast as Iran tensions grow
https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-iran-pentagon-troops-warplanes-20190523-story.html

So "The Pentagon" aka the Trump administration, asks the Trump administration for more troops in the Gulf (including a complete fighter squadron) for the purpose of "protecting out troops" (who are 7,000 miles away from the US mainland) because of heightened Iranian "alert status".

Of course the heightened Iranian "alert status" is due to the recent increase in forces the US has sent to the Gulf to "protect our troops because of heightened Iranian alert status."

This is the same script that was used to escalate the Vietnam war in 1965.
https://www.stripes.com/news/special-re ... w-1.375808

The escalation worked great back then: the war, not so much.

LMP737

Fri May 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Spar wrote:
Pentagon asking Trump to send several thousand more troops to Mideast as Iran tensions grow
https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-iran-pentagon-troops-warplanes-20190523-story.html

So "The Pentagon" aka the Trump administration, asks the Trump administration for more troops in the Gulf (including a complete fighter squadron) for the purpose of "protecting out troops" (who are 7,000 miles away from the US mainland) because of heightened Iranian "alert status".

Of course the heightened Iranian "alert status" is due to the recent increase in forces the US has sent to the Gulf to "protect our troops because of heightened Iranian alert status."

This is the same script that was used to escalate the Vietnam war in 1965.
https://www.stripes.com/news/special-re ... w-1.375808

The escalation worked great back then: the war, not so much.

So the Trump Administration wants the Trump Administration to send troops to protect the troops due to a crisis of their own making. All because Trump has surrounded himself with war mongers like Bolton and Pompeo along with his almost pathological obsession/hate of Barrack Obama fueled in part by the talking heads over at Fox News.

Lets not forget his Secretary of Defense who even if he were opposed to the current course of action is probably too gutless to voice his opinion.

Magog

Fri May 24, 2019 11:34 pm

Or the troops are being sent there to show Iran that if they mess with our oil tankers or other assets they will regret it. But I guess with Trump you always have to assume the worst, like that time everyone said we’d be in a nuclear war with North Korea.

Spar

Sat May 25, 2019 12:11 am

Now Trump declares an emergency so that he can sell weapons to Saudi Arabia.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics ... index.html

We should be at war with them for what they have done to us; Iran has done nothing to the United States.
We should send the Saud family back to their tents in the desert.

Francoflier

Sat May 25, 2019 12:16 am

This is interesting... :scratchchin:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48404923

Could Trump have escalated a non-existent conflict all by himself to justify the sale of US military hardware to the KSA that the lobbies who supported him will profit massively on?

Surely, he's much too honest for something like this.
:rotfl:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Magog

Sat May 25, 2019 12:18 am

Spar wrote:
Iran has done nothing to the United States.

Not true.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_an ... _terrorism

Aaron747

Sat May 25, 2019 12:33 am

Magog wrote:
Spar wrote:

Not true.

They took hostages who were Americans in their part of the world, after having staged a democratic revolution to overthrow the US-installed dictator. Sounds like workaday realpolitik to me. Still nothing done to the US homeland or civilian Americans - unlike other ‘allies’ in the Gulf.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Magog

Sat May 25, 2019 12:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:
Spar wrote:

Not true.

They took hostages who were Americans in their part of the world, after having staged a democratic revolution to overthrow the US-installed dictator. Sounds like workaday realpolitik to me. Still nothing done to the US homeland or civilian Americans - unlike other ‘allies’ in the Gulf.

Why are you ignoring other entries such as the USS Cole?

Aaron747

Sat May 25, 2019 12:47 am

Magog wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Didn’t even get that far - and anyway that’s stupid. AQ and a Saudi AQ planner executed the Cole attack, IIRC. Iran is a Shia nation and AQ hates that sect. Still nothing done to US civilians or homeland.

Spar

Sat May 25, 2019 1:02 am

Aaron747 wrote:
And that was 40 years ago.

Spar

Sat May 25, 2019 1:12 am

Magog wrote:
This is too good! You think the Iranians bombed the Cole???????

That was done by Jamel Ahmed Mohammed Ali Al-Badawi's network. Jamel Ahmed Mohammed Ali Al-Badawi was a Sunni and an Al Qaeda operative.

This tops the cake, I wonder how many more of the ill educated Trump supporters are so confused.

This makes claiming Saddam had nukes sound half way reasonable.

LMP737

Sat May 25, 2019 1:13 am

Magog wrote:
Or the troops are being sent there to show Iran that if they mess with our oil tankers or other assets they will regret it. But I guess with Trump you always have to assume the worst, like that time everyone said we’d be in a nuclear war with North Korea.

Amazing that you continue to ignore that this is a crisis of Trumps own making.

LMP737

Sat May 25, 2019 1:22 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Not true.

The Iranians paid a far bigger price than we ever did for that. When they took those hostages they essentially gave Saddam Hussein the green light to invade. We all know how that turned out.

LMP737

Sat May 25, 2019 1:39 am

Magog wrote:
Or the troops are being sent there to show Iran that if they mess with our oil tankers or other assets they will regret it. But I guess with Trump you always have to assume the worst, .

Most of our oil does not come from the Middle East so I don't know whose oil tankers you are talking about. And just to remind you if those troops are used to make Iran "regret" it a lot of them will die. Just remember that the next time you want to talk tough.

Magog wrote:
But I guess with Trump you always have to assume the worst,

No, I assume that he's incompetent and has no idea what he's doing and is just going along with what a couple of war mongers say he should do

Aaron747

Sat May 25, 2019 2:16 am

LMP737 wrote:
No, I assume that he's incompetent and has no idea what he's doing and is just going along with what a couple of war mongers say he should do

That much is certain since pulling out of JPCOA was the lynchpin to current destabilization. But who knows - that was probably done at Bibi or someone else's suggestion.

alfa164

Sat May 25, 2019 3:59 am

Spar wrote:
Now Trump declares an emergency so that he can sell weapons to Saudi Arabia.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics ... index.html
We should be at war with them for what they have done to us; Iran has done nothing to the United States.
We should send the Saud family back to their tents in the desert.

It won't happen - as long as Trump personally profits fro m the Saudis' largesse.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-s ... es-2018-10
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Magog

Sat May 25, 2019 6:16 am

Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

Why don’t you read the article and become informed?

Here is the pertinent part:
In March 2015, U.S. federal judge Rudolph Contreras found both Iran and Sudan complicit in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole by al Qaeda, stating that "Iran was directly involved in establishing Al-Qaeda's Yemen network and supported training and logistics for Al-Qaeda in the Gulf region" through Hezbollah.

marcelh

Sat May 25, 2019 7:02 am

Magog wrote:
Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

In March 2015, U.S. federal judge Rudolph Contreras found both Iran and Sudan complicit in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole by al Qaeda, stating that "Iran was directly involved in establishing Al-Qaeda's Yemen network and supported training and logistics for Al-Qaeda in the Gulf region" through Hezbollah.

An U.S. federal judge. The same U.S. that stated something about having evidence of “weapons of mass destruction” in Iraq...

Spar

Sat May 25, 2019 7:03 am

Magog wrote:
Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

That ruling isn't what you are trying to make it be. The ruling is from a civil suit that was uncontested by the defendants, Iran and Sudan. It was a political show proceeding, brought by relatives of Cole victims. With nobody to contest the allegations, there was nothing to decide, Contreras court ruled in favor of the plantiff - slam dunk, it is not a judge's job to provide a defense for an absent defendant.

The reality is that Iran would have nothing to do with a bunch of Salafi nutcases, they are blood adversaries with these Sunni extremists, sorta like the Hatfields and the McCoys. Each of these religious groups considers the other as apostates. Please note that the Iranian army along with Iranian irregulars were very active in Syria expelling the AQ offshoot "ISIS". The normal Islamic man on the street in the ME, or anywhere else, may have no problem with another person of the other side of Islam but the extreme branches of either group (AQ or the Iranian ruling party) would only communicate with the other out of some tactical necessity.

This post of yours reaffirms that you are completely lost: you have zero knowledge of events in the Middle East, not even that of an attentive American high school student. There is nothing debatable about any of this to a person with even a rudimentary knowledge of the Islamic world.

You have overreached on this one.

Aaron747

Sat May 25, 2019 7:53 am

Magog wrote:
Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

Total nonsense. Anything relating to Iran in Yemen is decoy political cover established by KSA to discredit the Houthis since Iran started backing them in the 1990s. Seriously, learn about the region before believing whatever is out there. Shia don't work with Salafi groups like AQ, period.

MaverickM11

Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

Normally I'd say surely no one can be stupid enough to believe republicans starting a third war under false pretenses in the last two decades yet here we are.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Spar

Sun May 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Finally we find public confirmation for what is no doubt an unpleasant truth for gulf war fans.

Iraq vows to stand with Iran amid US-Iran tension
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/iraq-vows-stand-iran-us-iran-tension-190526153054539.html

This complicates things. But then most people already knew that Iraq was going to stand with Iran.

casinterest

Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Spar wrote:
Finally we find public confirmation for what is no doubt an unpleasant truth for gulf war fans.

Iraq vows to stand with Iran amid US-Iran tension
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/05/iraq-vows-stand-iran-us-iran-tension-190526153054539.html

This complicates things. But then most people already knew that Iraq was going to stand with Iran.

Iraq and Ira are Shia for the majority. Of course they are going to stand against Saudi Arabia (Sunni). The question though is whether Israel or Saudi is the ultimate goal, and in both the US have distant, but trusted Allies.

There are some deep underlying currents going on, and the goal of Iran is to destabilize the region. The US backing out of the Iranian deal may have been the goal of Saudi Arabia and Israel, but was it the right move to avoid war?
Where ever you go, there you are.

Spar

Mon May 27, 2019 1:37 pm

casinterest wrote:
the goal of Iran is to destabilize the region

Absurd.

How can any American make that claim with a straight face after the Gulf war (PNAC war)? It is Israel that is, and always has been, working to destabilize the region. The current episode of increased tensions and religious strife has been manufactured by the US, at Israel's behest. Is there anyone who seriously doubts that?

Saudi Arabia has been armed and set against its neighbor in a fashion identical to the way Saudi Arabia itself was created by the British. These US and Israeli actions are setting the stage for generations of future warfare in the middle east. Israeli's of Netanyahu's stripe and Americans of Bolton's ilk will not be happy until the entire region, including Saudi Arabia, are wastelands in the fashion of Gaza.

If you want to fan this war, you would be on better ethical ground to travel to Yemen and involve yourself directly in the bloodbath that is taking place there.

Aaron747

Mon May 27, 2019 2:00 pm

In Tokyo today, Japanese PM Abe offered to act an an intermediary with Tehran, since Japan has maintained friendly relations with Iran since the pre-revolution era, despite US protestations. 45 has apparently agreed to this overture from Abe.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news ... 0/amp.html

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
In Tokyo today, Japanese PM Abe offered to act an an intermediary with Tehran, since Japan has maintained friendly relations with Iran since the pre-revolution era, despite US protestations. 45 has apparently agreed to this overture from Abe.

Fascinating. And here we were told that Trump was starting a war.

Aaron747

Mon May 27, 2019 2:09 pm

[twoid][/twoid]
Magog wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Well no, some of us have been quite clear that the drum-beating has been by Bolton, Pompeo, Bibi and Riyadh.

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
Magog wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Well no, some of us have been quite clear that the drum-beating has been by Bolton, Pompeo, Bibi and Riyadh.

Gotcha. I went back and re-read the comments in this thread and let’s just say that most people firmly blamed Trump himself for wanting to start a war. But as with North Korea the hyperbole was proven to be just that.

Aaron747

Mon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Magog wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
Magog wrote:

Gotcha. I went back and re-read the comments in this thread and let’s just say that most people firmly blamed Trump himself for wanting to start a war.

No, I was also clear that these tensions could largely have been avoided if he read reports, educated himself on the region, didn’t blithely accept the lies from other Gulf states, and had not unilaterally pulled out from JPCOA. But none of us know if he was put up to that or had the idea on his own - lots of POTUSes get shitty foreign policy advice from folks with ulterior motives and strange bedfellows.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Mon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olddog

Mon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm

No. It means Trump started the warmongering and discovered that no other country took the bait.
When UK was in it wanted a lot of opt-outs, now it is out it wants opt-ins

Spar

Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Olddog wrote:
No. It means Trump started the warmongering and discovered that no other country took the bait.
It looks to me to be more like Bibi started the warmongering and got the United States, Saudi Arabia and the UAE to take the bait.

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Olddog wrote:

Oh, I see. I knew it had to be solely Trump’s fault!

LMP737

Mon May 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Magog wrote:
Oh, I see. I knew it had to be solely Trump’s fault!

Quite frankly yes. All the people Trump has surrounded himself with did not have the authority to unilaterally withdraw from JPCOA. Nor do they have the authority to deploy more forces to the Middle East. Only one person has that sort of authority, you know who he is.

Spar

Tue May 28, 2019 6:14 pm

This morning there were about 30 posts removed from this thread which constituted a debate on whether or not Iran has a goal of "destabilizing" the region. That discussion obviously didn't go the way that some people wanted it to.

But that doesn't change the fact that it is the US and Israel that have been intentionally destabilizing the region, not Iran.

casinterest

Wed May 29, 2019 6:28 pm

Iran does destabilize the region through their shipment of weapons and "advisors" to many regions where civil strife is ripe for the undertaking of war. This is why Iran finds itself under sanctions constantly. Why else would Iran currently be building land bridges between Syria and Iraq?

blacksoviet

Wed May 29, 2019 10:09 pm

Iran is not the threat. Israel and the United States have been threatening Iran for years. It's makes perfect sense that Iran wants to have a uranium enrichment program.

Israel's greatest fear is that Iran will acquire nuclear weapons because that will basically end the Greater Israel project. Israel would no longer be able to bully Syria and Lebanon because Iran would give them nuclear weapons. If Israel attempts to steal more land from Syria, Pakistan may end up giving Iran nuclear weapons. Israel has already killed a top Iranian nuclear scientist.

Israel wants to control all the land west of the Euphrates River, east of the Gulf of Suez, and south of Turkey, including Northern Saudi Arabia.

Spar

Thu May 30, 2019 2:34 am

casinterest wrote:
Iran does destabilize the region through their shipment of weapons and "advisors" to many regions where civil strife is ripe for the undertaking of war. This is why Iran finds itself under sanctions constantly. Why else would Iran currently be building land bridges between Syria and Iraq?
"many regions"? Is that all you have is vague innuendos? And who is doing this "sanctioning"? It's hard to have a conversation based on vague innuendos.

BTW
Where are you from that you can be so caviler?

Spar

Thu May 30, 2019 2:50 am

blacksoviet wrote:
Iran is not the threat. Israel and the United States have been threatening Iran for years. It's makes perfect sense that Iran wants to have a uranium enrichment program.

Israel's greatest fear is that Iran will acquire nuclear weapons because that will basically end the Greater Israel project. Israel would no longer be able to bully Syria and Lebanon because Iran would give them nuclear weapons. If Israel attempts to steal more land from Syria, Pakistan may end up giving Iran nuclear weapons. Israel has already killed a top Iranian nuclear scientist. Israel wants to control all the land west of the Euphrates River, east of the Gulf of Suez, and south of Turkey, including Northern Saudi Arabia.

I doubt that Iran would ever give nuclear weapons to Syria, Assad or otherwise, if Iran ever obtained nukes it would be for the same reason everyone else has them, to preclude any invasion of their country. It is also must be recognized that it is impossible to imagine that Iran would ever use a nuke in a first strike; the mutual assured destruction scenario would work in the ME just as it works between the US and Russia currently.

One more thing. I have my doubts that Israel would stop once they reach the Euphrates, the Zionists will always lust for just a bit more room for a buffer just as they do now, and besides, they could always use some more farmland now that they have all that water from the Euphrates.

casinterest

Thu May 30, 2019 9:28 am

Spar wrote:
casinterest wrote:
"many regions"? Is that all you have is vague innuendos? And who is doing this "sanctioning"? It's hard to have a conversation based on vague innuendos.

BTW

We already discussed the regions? how can you be so caviler that you cannot remember previous threads.
But since you need to be reminded.

Syria,
Lebanon
Gaza,
Yemen,
Iraq.

All Regions where Iran is arming people that are actively using those weapons on others.

blacksoviet

Thu May 30, 2019 9:47 am

casinterest wrote:
Spar wrote:
casinterest wrote:

BTW

We already discussed the regions? how can you be so caviler that you cannot remember previous threads.

Syria,
Lebanon
Gaza,
Yemen,
Iraq.

All Regions where Iran is arming people that are actively using those weapons on others.

Iran is arming resistance organizations in Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen and Iraq.
The Palestinian people support Hamas. The Syrian people support Assad. The Lebanese people support Hezbollah. The Yemenis support the Houthis and the Iraqis support the Palestinians. Iran is helping all five of those races fight against Zionist terrorism, aggression and expansion. The one thing all of those countries have in common is that they all support the Palestinians. The reason that the United States killed Saddam Hussein is because Saddam Hussein supported the Palestinians.

It remains a possibility that in 30 years Iran will have nuclear weapons. That would turn the tables in favor of the Palestinians. The question is, will the United States invade Iran to prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons? I believe that would require implementing the draft as I don't think the army has enough soldiers to invade Iran. There could very well be Vietnam-style protests across the United States.

casinterest

Thu May 30, 2019 10:14 am

blacksoviet wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Spar wrote:

BTW

Syria,
Lebanon
Gaza,
Yemen,
Iraq.

Iran is arming resistance organizations in Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen and Iraq.
The Palestinian people support Hamas. The Syrian people support Assad. The Lebanese people support Hezbollah. The Yemenis support the Houthis and the Iraqis support the Palestinians. Iran is helping all five of those races fight against Zionist terrorism, aggression and expansion. The one thing all of those countries have in common is that they all support the Palestinians. The reason that the United States killed Saddam Hussein is because Saddam Hussein supported the Palestinians.

It remains a possibility that in 30 years Iran will have nuclear weapons. That would turn the tables in favor of the Palestinians. The question is, will the United States invade Iran to prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons? I believe that would require implementing the draft as I don't think the army has enough soldiers to invade Iran. There could very well be Vietnam-style protests across the United States.

Israel hasn't expanded in years, and as long as Iran keeps supplying the terrorists that continue to destabilize the region, then there will be consequences such as embargos. The US will not need to implement a draft to fight Iran. the US has no plans to invade it. Just prevent them from obtaining nuclear weapons that they would supply to terrorists.