jdstJD
Topic Author

Only a matter of time...Trump turns on Fox News

Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 am

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-a ... ge-1429938

Everyone should have expected this. If you do anything Trump finds personally offensive he lashes out against you. I wonder if this will trigger backlash from his supporters for turning on fox so easily, or if his supporters will turn on Fox.

At least Fox News is trying to offer their viewers an opportunity to hear directly from the candidates from the other side of the majority of their viewers’ political perspectives. All of the cable news networks should do the same. I don’t understand why some of the Dem candidates are turning down Fox’s offer to them to have a town hall on their network. Makes no sense when they say they think their message would resonate with republican voters. They can’t if you don’t let them hear what you have to say.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

WarRI1

Re: Only a matter of time...Trump turns on Fox News

Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 am

jdstJD wrote:
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-attacks-fox-news-chris-wallace-over-positive-democrat-coverage-1429938

Everyone should have expected this. If you do anything Trump finds personally offensive he lashes out against you. I wonder if this will trigger backlash from his supporters for turning on fox so easily, or if his supporters will turn on Fox.

At least Fox News is trying to offer their viewers an opportunity to hear directly from the candidates from the other side of the majority of their viewers’ political perspectives. All of the cable news networks should do the same. I don’t understand why some of the Dem candidates are turning down Fox’s offer to them to have a town hall on their network. Makes no sense when they say they think their message would resonate with republican voters. They can’t if you don’t let them hear what you have to say.

That is interesting and not surprising, Chris Wallace is the only one on Fox News that I find fair and balanced and can watch. It does not surprise me that he has drawn fire from the biggest liar out there. This Buffoon does not like dissent from anyone. Shocking to him of course that someone from Fox should tell things accurately. BooHoo!! What a whiner.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

zakuivcustom

Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 am

WarRI1 wrote:
That is interesting and not surprising, Chris Wallace is the only one on Fox News that I find fair and balanced and can watch. It does not surprise me that he has drawn fire from the biggest liar out there. This Buffoon does not like dissent from anyone. Shocking to him of course that someone from Fox should tell things accurately. BooHoo!! What a whiner.

Shep Smith is not bad either. I can absorb a few other Fox News anchor myself (although not Hannity and definitely not that lunatic call Laura Ingraham) actually.

But seriously, what does IQ45 expect? Fox being the US version of Russia-1, Channel One, and NTV?

WarRI1

Mon May 20, 2019 3:12 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Shep Smith is not bad either. I can absorb a few other Fox News anchor myself (although not Hannity and definitely not that lunatic call Laura Ingraham) actually.

But seriously, what does IQ45 expect? Fox being the US version of Russia-1, Channel One, and NTV?

I agree, Shep Smith is not bad either, but sadly that is what he does expect, normally they are fawning over him every day, they are his puppets usually.

Aaron747

Mon May 20, 2019 3:25 am

jdstJD wrote:
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-attacks-fox-news-chris-wallace-over-positive-democrat-coverage-1429938

The real question is - if 45 is so alpha, why is he so desperate to have praise from a pipsqueak like Chris Wallace? His tweet today about Wallace just screams needy adolescent wiles.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

jdstJD
Topic Author

Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 am

Aaron747 wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

The real question is - if 45 is so alpha, why is he so desperate to have praise from a pipsqueak like Chris Wallace? His tweet today about Wallace just screams needy adolescent wiles.

Well that’s exactly his problem. He’s a narcissist. He lives off of praise and must constantly have all of the attention. It’s why any time there is a major domestic or global event involving him he says it’s the best thing that’s ever been done in the history of the world :roll: . Or if it weren’t for him basically America would have gone to hell in a hand basket. It’s ridiculous. This is exactly the wake up call that he needs...that he is not the only person that has ideas and potential solutions to the country’s problems and that Americans, even many of his supporters, are interested in hearing what others have to say.

aviationaware

Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 am

jdstJD wrote:
I don’t understand why some of the Dem candidates are turning down Fox’s offer to them to have a town hall on their network. Makes no sense when they say they think their message would resonate with republican voters. They can’t if you don’t let them hear what you have to say.

Fox News is the only fair and balanced network out there (don't take my word for it - look at this Harvard study: https://shorensteincenter.org/news-cove ... -100-days/ ), so naturally Democrats want nothing to do with them. They are only interested in networks where they control the narrative. Since the GOP does not have such a network, obviously that's a big downside for them.

Jouhou

Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 am

aviationaware wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
I don’t understand why some of the Dem candidates are turning down Fox’s offer to them to have a town hall on their network. Makes no sense when they say they think their message would resonate with republican voters. They can’t if you don’t let them hear what you have to say.

Fox News is the only fair and balanced network out there (don't take my word for it - look at this Harvard study: https://shorensteincenter.org/news-cove ... -100-days/ ), so naturally Democrats want nothing to do with them. They are only interested in networks where they control the narrative. Since the GOP does not have such a network, obviously that's a big downside for them.

https://web.stanford.edu/~ayurukog/cable_news.pdf

Oh, you like studies?
FOX news statistically alters the way people think, it's literal brainwashing.

That said, Shep Smith and Chris Wallace are actual news anchors, not opinion hosts like all the Fox prime time figures. That's the real difference. Reality has a liberal bias.

Also you didn't read your own quoted study:

Have the mainstream media covered Trump in a fair and balanced way? That question cannot be answered definitively in the absence of an agreed-upon version of “reality” against which to compare Trump’s coverage.

Trumps coverage might be mostly negative because he actually really sucks at his job. Has that occurred to you?

I should add that Fox news is the only reason why Trumps supporters haven't turned on him yet. Trump is terrified of the prospect of losing Fox's support for good reason. They're a real psychological weapon, trump is screwed without them.
Last edited by Jouhou on Mon May 20, 2019 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

alfa164

Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 am

aviationaware wrote:

Huh? There is nothing in the link you provided that says Faux News is "the only fair and balanced network". It does say that the other networks covered Trump more negatively that Faux - but it never disputes that he deserved that negative coverage. In fact, your own link points out:

"Any such assessment would also have to weigh the news media’s preference for the negative, a tendency in place long before Trump became president. Given that tendency, the fact that Trump has received more negative coverage than his predecessor is hardly surprising. The early days of his presidency have been marked by far more missteps and miss-hits, often self-inflicted, than any presidency in memory, perhaps ever."

Indeed, it further justifies the negative coverage by stating:

"Never in the nation’s history has the country had a president with so little fidelity to the facts, so little appreciation for the dignity of the presidential office, and so little understanding of the underpinnings of democracy."

So it appears clear that Faux's fawning coverage is not an example of "fair and balanced" news; it is instead an example of a propaganda machine for the Trumppuppets and their ilk. Be careful when you post truthful links - they might come back to bite you!

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

aviationaware

Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 am

Jouhou wrote:

Trumps coverage might be mostly negative because he actually really sucks at his job. Has that occurred to you?

Considering the level of negative coverage on the economy across most networks and given the fact that the economy is literally doing better right now than ever before, that's a pretty rich statement.

Jouhou

Mon May 20, 2019 6:14 am

aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Considering the level of negative coverage on the economy across most networks and given the fact that the economy is literally doing better right now than ever before, that's a pretty rich statement.

For one thing, presidents usually have little to do with the economy. If they did though, it's Obama's economic boom. It didn't suddenly become good because Trump was elected. It's been weathering quite the economic shitstorm he's been throwing at it via tariffs though. Even more proof presidents can't do much to the economy. And the next recession will happen next year just like was predicted before trump was elected.

Aaron747

Mon May 20, 2019 7:05 am

aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Not this again. First the silly notion any POTUS ‘controls’ the economy. Second, by what measure - the Dow, unemployment, GDP annualized, GDP per capita, real wages? Last time ya’ll made this wild claim, I fact checked some of the economic statements on the WH site and found numerous exaggerations and lies, but nobody wanted to answer in detail.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

aviationaware

Mon May 20, 2019 7:19 am

Jouhou wrote:
It didn't suddenly become good because Trump was elected.

Actually it did. But what are you even saying here? If you are of the opinion that the current economic expansion was Obama's doing, you are still basically conceding that Trump is at least doing a pretty damn good job in keeping it going. But it doesn't even matter what you think because almost all leading economists attribute this economy to Trump, not Obama.

Jouhou

Mon May 20, 2019 7:22 am

aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Actually it did. But what are you even saying here? If you are of the opinion that the current economic expansion was Obama's doing, you are still basically conceding that Trump is at least doing a pretty damn good job in keeping it going. But it doesn't even matter what you think because almost all leading economists attribute this economy to Trump, not Obama.

Lol, we've had a labor shortage where I live since 2014-2015, are you saying Trump feasibly could have had anything to do with that? And who are "all the leading economists" exactly? All the leading economists say tariffs are bad, and a recession is coming next year. Tariffs are the only thing the president has anything to do with, and they're toxic to the economy.

Aaron747

Mon May 20, 2019 7:23 am

aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Actually, no:

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/dont-g ... 1558047531

Jouhou

Mon May 20, 2019 7:36 am

Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Actually, no:

Interesting considering WSJ is Murdoch owned like FOX news.

aviationaware

Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

Actually, no:

That's an opinion piece.

So is this, but unlike what you posted this one actually builds on a study:
https://thehill.com/opinion/finance/368 ... or-economy

Aaron747

Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 am

aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Actually, no:

That's an opinion piece.

That’s over a year old before current data, 1% growth in real wages for nearly 18 months, deficit and trade imbalance expansion to the tune of a combined $1.5 trillion, and an overall reduction in labor participation, a more important stat than unemployment. Costs in housing and healthcare have continued rising unabated, far beyond wages. Furthermore 2018’s annualized GDP achieved 2.9% rather than the 5-6% 45 was touting at tax cut time, based on wild assumptions.

Anyway you said leading economists, so I figured a WSJ contributor from Princeton would suffice.

einsteinboricua

Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm

aviationaware wrote:

Ah yes. In the meantime, Republicans barely go to CNN and don't touch MSNBC, but please, tell me more about how it's just Democrats who don't step out of their comfort zone, about how the DNC has total control over every other network but Fox News, and how those networks have a history of producing misleading graphics and causing scandals from nowhere (Coffeegate, Umbrellagate, Tan Suit, Helmet...).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Aesma

Mon May 20, 2019 2:49 pm

jdstJD wrote:

Can you imagine Trump in a town hall full of Democrats ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

seb146

Mon May 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Elizabeth Warren has a point. Fox infotainment can go to advertisers and say "this proves we are not racist and fair and balanced" even though their audience has already made up their minds about every Democratic candidate.

As far as the occupant of the White House, this just shows how he can not take criticism. That is dangerous.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jdstJD
Topic Author

Mon May 20, 2019 7:27 pm

Aesma wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Can you imagine Trump in a town hall full of Democrats ?

Yeah, that would definitely be a tough, if not hostile, crowd. But I think that would mostly be due to his behavior when he was a candidate and since he’s been the president. However, conservatives feel just as passionate about their views but I watched Pete Buttigieg’s town hall last night with the Fox News crowd and they were open and receptive to his message. So you never know.

aviationaware

Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Ah yes. In the meantime, Republicans barely go to CNN and don't touch MSNBC

Why would they when even the "news anchors" like Don Lemon will shout at them like opinion contributors? Have you seen Chris Wallace this unhinged on Fox?

stratclub

Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Ah yes. In the meantime, Republicans barely go to CNN and don't touch MSNBC, but please, tell me more about how it's just Democrats who don't step out of their comfort zone, about how the DNC has total control over every other network but Fox News, and how those networks have a history of producing misleading graphics and causing scandals from nowhere (Coffeegate, Umbrellagate, Tan Suit, Helmet...).

Why would anyone go to MSNBC/CNN? FOX news does spin things to the right, but they do not promote completly false narritives like MSNBC/CNN does. 2 1/2 years of bold faced lies and half truths from MSNBC/CNN should tell you something.

einsteinboricua

Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 pm

stratclub wrote:
FOX news does spin things to the right, but they do not promote completly false narritives like MSNBC/CNN does. 2 1/2 years of bold faced lies and half truths from MSNBC/CNN should tell you something.

Oh yes. Because when Benghazi and Email-gate were happening, Fox News only gave it minimal air time and moved on to more important items, right?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

stl07

Mon May 20, 2019 9:12 pm

stratclub wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Why would anyone go to MSNBC/CNN? FOX news does spin things to the right, but they do not promote completly false narritives like MSNBC/CNN does. 2 1/2 years of bold faced lies and half truths from MSNBC/CNN should tell you something.

Obama wiretapped Trump??
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

jdstJD
Topic Author

Mon May 20, 2019 9:51 pm

stratclub wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

It’s over the top terms like “bold faced lies and half truths” that keeps the sides oceans apart. It was almost 18 months (not 2 1/2 years) of an investigation into what was a completely legitimate issue of foreign interference with our election process, blatantly invited by trump and his entourage. The basis and need for the investigation was of trumps own making and the FBI and CIA and other entities had every right and responsibility to investigate it. For ALL of our sakes. If Obama had done even an ounce of what trump and his ilk did he would have been out of office within a month of the start of the investigation and Republicans would have been shouting from roof tops about how sacred our electoral system is and how we must protect our democracy and the integrity of the office of the presidency...you know, all of the things Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell said 20 years ago when they tried to convince the country that Clinton’s lie about his affair was the beginning of the downfall of civilization and that impeaching him was the only way to protect the sanctity of our government :roll:

That’s like saying that if someone calls the police and reports a crime, then goes to the police station and drops off a video of the crime being committed, then writes a report about the crime and drops it on the desk of the police chief and the police department saying “well thanks for the information but we really can’t investigate this because people might think it’s a waste of time because they don’t think the information is important and although the very name of our agency the FBI has the word INVESTIGATION in it, it’s not really our job to investigate potential criminal activity unless we’ve already gotten proof that the crime occurred. ” “Oh and also, we don’t want to be accused of being partisan political hacks with a vendetta against the people we suspect may have committed the crime even though the head of our agency and the DOJ are life long members of the same political party as the paranoid subject of the investigation. But if you come across anything else feel free to send it over. we’ll be sure to put it in the box in the basement with everything else.”

Come on. Really?

WarRI1

Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 am

jdstJD wrote:
stratclub wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

It’s over the top terms like “bold faced lies and half truths” that keeps the sides oceans apart. It was almost 18 months (not 2 1/2 years) of an investigation into what was a completely legitimate issue of foreign interference with our election process, blatantly invited by trump and his entourage. The basis and need for the investigation was of trumps own making and the FBI and CIA and other entities had every right and responsibility to investigate it. For ALL of our sakes. If Obama had done even an ounce of what trump and his ilk did he would have been out of office within a month of the start of the investigation and Republicans would have been shouting from roof tops about how sacred our electoral system is and how we must protect our democracy and the integrity of the office of the presidency...you know, all of the things Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell said 20 years ago when they tried to convince the country that Clinton’s lie about his affair was the beginning of the downfall of civilization and that impeaching him was the only way to protect the sanctity of our government :roll:

That’s like saying that if someone calls the police and reports a crime, then goes to the police station and drops off a video of the crime being committed, then writes a report about the crime and drops it on the desk of the police chief and the police department saying “well thanks for the information but we really can’t investigate this because people might think it’s a waste of time because they don’t think the information is important and although the very name of our agency the FBI has the word INVESTIGATION in it, it’s not really our job to investigate potential criminal activity unless we’ve already gotten proof that the crime occurred. ” “Oh and also, we don’t want to be accused of being partisan political hacks with a vendetta against the people we suspect may have committed the crime even though the head of our agency and the DOJ are life long members of the same political party as the paranoid subject of the investigation. But if you come across anything else feel free to send it over. we’ll be sure to put it in the box in the basement with everything else.”

Come on. Really?

I will tell you what is a real waste of time and brainpower and that is trying to convince a right wing apologist for this pathetic excuse for a President we have now. A liar, a womanizer, an adulterer, an exploiter of both women and workers, a serial filer of bankruptcy, and a good old fashioned big mouth, so much to admire in a man. He who admires such, take a guess????

alfa164

Tue May 21, 2019 2:31 am

aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Actually, no:

That's an opinion piece.

Perhaps you should read the byline on the opinion piece. you. .cite:

BY LIZ PEEK, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 01/14/18 09:30 AM EST 1,753
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED BY CONTRIBUTORS ARE THEIR OWN AND NOT THE VIEW OF THE HILL

aviationaware wrote:
Why would they when even the "news anchors" like Don Lemon will shout at them like opinion contributors? Have you seen Chris Wallace this unhinged on Fox?

Speaking of Chris Wallace:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4443 ... ting-trump
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

aviationaware

Tue May 21, 2019 4:44 am

alfa164 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

And? I disagree with what he said there, but did you see him scream at his interview partner like Don Lemon is known to do? Chris Wallace is a professional with many decades of untarnished reputation. CNN and MSNBC don’t have anyone even near his level of professionalism.

Aaron747

Tue May 21, 2019 5:09 am

aviationaware wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

And? I disagree with what he said there, but did you see him scream at his interview partner like Don Lemon is known to do? Chris Wallace is a professional with many decades of untarnished reputation. CNN and MSNBC don’t have anyone even near his level of professionalism.

You obviously know nothing about them. Jake Tapper, for instance, is a highly-talented political cartoonist, and wrote the award-winning book about Bush and Obama White Houses screwing Afghanistan soldiers nobody else wanted to:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/03161854 ... 031618540x

And unsurprisingly, you’ve again ignored factual responses in my earlier posts to your unfounded claims on this WH’s economy.

casinterest

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Say what you want, but at least the British have standards

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/3/18650282/t ... ox-news-uk
Hours after arriving in the United Kingdom for three days of vital meetings, President Donald Trump complained about not having access to one of his favorite home comforts: Fox News.

Here’s why: CNN International airs in more than 200 countries and territories, including the UK. Viewers can watch Fox News in many nations too, but it’s not available in Britain.

21st Century Fox, the news channel’s parent company, took it off the UK’s airwaves in 2017 because it didn’t prove a commercial success. What’s more, the UK’s media regulator said that the [i]conservative channel didn’t abide by the country’s impartiality rules.[/i]
Where ever you go, there you are.

hilram

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:31 am

Impartiality Rules? In Britain? That’s laughable! BBC had a 95 - 5 ratio in airtime negative to Brexit vs pro Brexit prior to the referendum. How is that abiding by “impartiality rules”?
Flown on: A319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343 | B732, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 743, 744, 772, 77W | BAe-146 | DHC-6, 7, 8 | F50 | E195 | MD DC-9 41, MD-82, MD-87

scbriml

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 am

hilram wrote:
Impartiality Rules? In Britain? That’s laughable! BBC had a 95 - 5 ratio in airtime negative to Brexit vs pro Brexit prior to the referendum. How is that abiding by “impartiality rules”?

That's laughable. But feel free to post some analysis to support your 95-5% bias claim. :scratchchin:

Both sides of the Brexit campaign complain about bias by the BBC, which suggests to me they're actually pretty balanced.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

hilram

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm

scbriml wrote:
hilram wrote:

That's laughable. But feel free to post some analysis to support your 95-5% bias claim. :scratchchin:

Both sides of the Brexit campaign complain about bias by the BBC, which suggests to me they're actually pretty balanced.

Your wish is my command.
For starters:
http://news-watch.co.uk/category/bbc-bias/

In 274 hours of monitored BBC EU coverage between 2002 and 2017, only 14 speakers (0.2 per cent of the total) were Left-wing advocates for leaving the EU. Yet a strong Eurosceptic movement existed within Labour and the trade unions throughout that period.

More to come.
Flown on: A319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343 | B732, 734, 735, 736, 73G, 738, 743, 744, 772, 77W | BAe-146 | DHC-6, 7, 8 | F50 | E195 | MD DC-9 41, MD-82, MD-87

Redd

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:48 pm

aviationaware wrote:
jdstJD wrote:

Are we looking at the same link? Do you know how to read?

BlueberryWheats

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Thread title wrote:
Only a matter of time... Trump turns on Fox News

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the Oompa Loompa figured out how to use the TV remote.

Tugger

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:09 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Not this again. First the silly notion any POTUS ‘controls’ the economy. Second, by what measure - the Dow, unemployment, GDP annualized, GDP per capita, real wages?

I think the president's economic impact should be graded based on the deficit....

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

jdstJD
Topic Author

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:48 pm

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Thread title wrote:

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the Oompa Loompa figured out how to use the TV remote.

What I meant was that he turned his BACK on Fox News. Fox had the audacity to try to be objective and give the Democrats some screen time to share their policy message to Fox’s audience and trump blew a gasket.

BlueberryWheats

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 pm

jdstJD wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Thread title wrote:

What I meant was that he turned his BACK on Fox News.

I know. I was just being silly.

jdstJD
Topic Author

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:56 am

BlueberryWheats wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:

What I meant was that he turned his BACK on Fox News.

I know. I was just being silly.

Oh, lol. Sorry :oops:

jdstJD
Topic Author

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Welp. He turned on the Mooch this time but Mooch gave it right back to him. Says he no longer supports trump after being a die hard supporter for a long time. Another one bites the dust. Let’s see what other republicans follow suit. Personally, I was surprised at this one.

casinterest

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:07 pm

jdstJD wrote:
Welp. He turned on the Mooch this time but Mooch gave it right back to him. Says he no longer supports trump after being a die hard supporter for a long time. Another one bites the dust. Let’s see what other republicans follow suit. Personally, I was surprised at this one.

Trump is fully triggered.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 3177181188

I thought Trump was out looking for his golf BALLS today?
Where ever you go, there you are.

MikeDrop

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Tugger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Not this again. First the silly notion any POTUS ‘controls’ the economy. Second, by what measure - the Dow, unemployment, GDP annualized, GDP per capita, real wages?

I think the president's economic impact should be graded based on the deficit....

Tugg

All presidents or just Trump?

Mike Drop

Aaron747

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:18 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Tugg

Mike Drop

Each POTUS takes overhyped credit (or runs from bad news) in different ways - but they don’t control the economy. The Trump WH is claiming that unemployment numbers and inflated Dow constitute a boom, when other indicators point to no boom at all. It’s total BS.

MikeDrop

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Mike Drop

Each POTUS takes overhyped credit (or runs from bad news) in different ways - but they don’t control the economy. The Trump WH is claiming that unemployment numbers and inflated Dow constitute a boom, when other indicators point to no boom at all. It’s total BS.

So, only Trump gets judged by the deficit then? Seems specifically narrow....

Mike Drop

Aaron747

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:38 am

MikeDrop wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

So, only Trump gets judged by the deficit then? Seems specifically narrow....

Mike Drop

I did not state that - find the quote. I don’t put words in your mouth - would appreciate the same courtesy.

I have posted consistently that weak housing starts, real wages, and the mismatch between housing/healthcare/food prices and earnings are the primary signs this is a ‘boom’ primarily for the moneyed class and others with extensive capital gains layouts.

Ask anyone over 70 and they agree with economists - the peak economy was in the 1955-1972 period, a far cry from the ‘greatest economy ever’ peddled by WH sycophants.