Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Spar

Re: GOP defies Trump and joins with Democrats on measure to block president from abandoning NATO

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 am

aviationaware wrote:
Spar wrote:
Before you bitch about Germany you should keep in mind that they are making a huge effort to undo some of the horrendous damage that the United states did in that ill conceived expedition into the ME in 2003. They are doing what we should rightfully be doing. If I were a German, I would be more than a little upset at your attitude.

Really? Like what, for example? Also, I am not and never was in favor of the Iraq war.

They are taking in refugees by the hundreds of thousands and allowing them to become German citizens.

aviationaware

Re: GOP defies Trump and joins with Democrats on measure to block president from abandoning NATO

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:20 am

Spar wrote:
They are taking in refugees by the hundreds of thousands and allowing them to become German citizens.

I hate to disappoint you but most of those people were no refugees.

Spar

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:32 am

aviationaware wrote:
Spar wrote:

The fact that you are a smartass doesn't change the fact that they all certainly are refugees.
Do you have any idea what living conditions currently are for Sunni Muslims in Iraq and Syria right now?

Even for Shiia, there is practically zero infrastructure left in either country.

aviationaware

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 am

Spar wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Spar wrote:

The fact that you are a smartass doesn't change the fact that they all certainly are refugees.
Do you have any idea what living conditions currently are for Sunni Muslims in Iraq and Syria right now?

Even for Shiia, there is practically zero infrastructure left in either country.

Do you know how many of those who arrived in Europe over the past years are from Iraq and Syria? Hint: It's not even close to half.

Spar

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:18 am

aviationaware wrote:
Spar wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

Do you know how many of those who arrived in Europe over the past years are from Iraq and Syria? Hint: It's not even close to half.

There are others but Germany has been accepting hundreds of thousands of refugees from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Background
2010–2017 events....................

Refugee crisis
"The greatest number of refugees fleeing to Europe originate from Syria"
"Afghan refugees comprise the second-largest refugee population in the world."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

Now quibble some more. That's what you do best.

Aesma

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:42 pm

EU "freeloaders" buy 25 billions of US weapons a year. US buys 2 billions of EU weapons. I offer this : all US military personnel leaves the EU, not one soldier left. EU stops buying US weapons.

Deal ?

Magog

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Aesma wrote:
EU "freeloaders" buy 25 billions of US weapons a year. US buys 2 billions of EU weapons. I offer this : all US military personnel leaves the EU, not one soldier left. EU stops buying US weapons.

Deal ?

That's not going to happen. There is a reason the EU sells so few weapons. It's because they aren't nearly as good.

alfa164

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Magog wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Deal ?

That's not going to happen. There is a reason the EU sells so few weapons. It's because they aren't nearly as good.

Facts? Evidence? References? Or are you just peeing in the wind?

Magog

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:38 pm

The evidence is where customers are choosing to spend their money.

alfa164

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:16 am

Magog wrote:

... and WalMart has more customers than Neiman-Marcus... because their products are so much better? Right?

What an inane response you make... :roll:

Magog

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:29 am

alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:

... and WalMart has more customers than Neiman-Marcus... because their products are so much better? Right?

You are seriously comparing nations shopping for weapons to consumers shopping for home goods? Seriously? Wow.

alfa164

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:52 am

Magog wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:

You are seriously comparing nations shopping for weapons to consumers shopping for home goods? Seriously? Wow.

Are you seriously unaware that nations must operate under budget restraints, too?

Are you seriously unaware that political pressures play a significant role in arms purchases?

Are you seriously incapable of producing any facts to back-up your claims?

Are you seriously incapable of offering anything other than inane responses when asked to provide evidence or proof?

Are you seriously interested in contributing anything to this forum - or merely playing the role of provocateur?

I think we all know the answer to that last question...

:roll:

Magog

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 am

I did produce facts - the data as to who is actually selling arms. Capitalism is quite the laboratory. Your argument depends on the suspension of basic economic principles. Good luck with that.

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Central Europe understands that our future rely ob that whole Europe l, south east and russia becomes democratic and rich.

The biggest misstake was not to include russia in the efforts EU did with eastern europe in mid 1990s.

If Russia had got the same development like Poland the current relation between EU and Russia would had been different.

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 am

olle wrote:
Central Europe understands that our future rely ob that whole Europe l, south east and russia becomes democratic and rich.

The biggest misstake was not to include russia in the efforts EU did with eastern europe in mid 1990s.

If Russia had got the same development like Poland the current relation between EU and Russia would had been different.

I think it was tried and rejected in the chaos that was Yeltsin.

Aesma

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Magog wrote:
I did produce facts - the data as to who is actually selling arms. Capitalism is quite the laboratory. Your argument depends on the suspension of basic economic principles. Good luck with that.

Plenty of countries around the world buy US weapons to get US protection attached. Sometimes it's painfully obvious, when the US bid loses then is bought anyway (Singapore for example).