BN747
Topic Author

Republicans attend rally to carve out new Christian state:

Sat May 25, 2019 3:31 am

Republicans attend rally to carve out new Christian state
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/republ ... rty-state/

I seriously doubt if this will happen...but I hope are aware that they setting the stage for a future Muslim State within the US. Boy won't that piss off the X'tians...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

cranberrysaus

Re: Republicans attend rally to carve out new Christian state:

Sat May 25, 2019 5:19 am

The Liberty State Gala drew about 200 people

Why is this even news

Magog

Sat May 25, 2019 6:17 am

cranberrysaus wrote:

Why is this even news

It’s not.

flipdewaf

Sat May 25, 2019 7:36 am

Is it wrong that I want to see them try? Like just for the entertainment value.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anrec80

Sat May 25, 2019 7:44 am

I just hope this state will be on conservative side, and not with the new generation of Democrats. The latter simply don’t have adequate leadership that can be trusted even states, let alone the whole country.

scbriml

Sat May 25, 2019 7:48 am

cranberrysaus wrote:

Why is this even news

Because "oppressed", rich, white christians feel they need a safe space? :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

L410Turbolet

Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 am

BN747 wrote:
a future Muslim State within the US.

In addition to Minnesota and Michigan?

frmrCapCadet

Sat May 25, 2019 1:49 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian ... ructionism

There is a very broad but not well defined movement in right wing circles to re-establish a Christian (or more likely Christendom) base of the USA government. Some are Christians, more are non-believers who avow a non-defined Western Christendom sort of domination against enlightenment values.

This is a serious ongoing movement within, perhaps dominating the Republican Party. Follow the various links in the Wikipedia article.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

johns624

Sat May 25, 2019 10:46 pm

This would be so great. It would be like the Middle East where the men would be crossing into other states where they aren't watched so they could do the things that men do. Meanwhile, the subservient wife would be at home, cooking and cleaning, barefoot and pregnant...

Aesma

Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm not sure what's christian about their proposal, they seem more concerned with guns and violence.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

anrec80

Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 pm

scbriml wrote:
cranberrysaus wrote:

Why is this even news

Because "oppressed", rich, white christians feel they need a safe space? :rotfl:

Yes, it is time to say that.

NIKV69

Sat May 25, 2019 11:50 pm

cranberrysaus wrote:

Why is this even news

It's another low quality post that I am surprised doesn't get deleted
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11

BN747
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 1:01 am

johns624 wrote:
This would be so great. It would be like the Middle East where the men would be crossing into other states where they aren't watched so they could do the things that men do. Meanwhile, the subservient wife would be at home, cooking and cleaning, barefoot and pregnant...

No no, no..make it better than the ME states, make it a real REAL X'tian state - 'once in - you don't to leave' would be the state motto...only thing is, you actually are not allowed to leave!

The Handmaid's Tale actualized.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

BN747
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 1:29 am

NIKV69 wrote:
cranberrysaus wrote:

Why is this even news

It's another low quality post that I am surprised doesn't get deleted

But were it entitled 'Independents attend rally to carve out new MUSLIM state:...that would make you pull out your AK-47...just to shoot up your computer screen upon seeing the title alone!

BN747

NIKV69

Sun May 26, 2019 1:40 am

BN747 wrote:
But were it entitled 'Independents attend rally to carve out new MUSLIM state:...that would make you pull out your AK-47...just to shoot up your computer screen upon seeing the title alone!

BN747

No because it would be just as much rubbish as this post designed to just rabble rouse with complete bunk. Get up. Turn off monitor and walk outside for awhile. You will thank me later.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11

Aaron747

Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

No because it would be just as much rubbish as this post designed to just rabble rouse with complete bunk. Get up. Turn off monitor and walk outside for awhile. You will thank me later.

No see we have these little bricks with screens now where you can be in Appalachia looking over the Great Smokies and still continue arguing with a dipstick online :lol:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BN747
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 3:31 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Well hell, I'll thank you now - for demonstrating how to lie your ass off if the reversed title was the headliner, everyone knows exactly how you'd respond.

Any there'd be no screen to turn off after you're done with it. A calm relaxed demeanor does not, ever come to mind when the subject is muslims, stronger/smart women. We know that already.

BN747

bennett123

Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 am

Are these people for real?.

Magog

Sun May 26, 2019 10:40 am

bennett123 wrote:

They are meaningless. Their only hope is to seek attention. People here took their bait.

frmrCapCadet

Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm not sure what's christian about their proposal, they seem more concerned with guns and violence.

The very conservative Christian right is pro gun, pro war, pro ultra-nationalism. Many simply conservative Christians differ, but they are definitely out shouted by the 'very'.

frmrCapCadet

Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/opin ... 7aBLCfgp_M

This discusses the establishment of a new version of Christianity happening about 1919. In terms of the day it was neither a conservative Christianity, nor obviously a liberal or established Christianity. As they gathered power they allied or were co-opted with other radical conservative groups. Note: they specifically reject enlightenment values (further note, US Declaration of Independence and the constitution embody enlightenment values which increasingly are rejected by the modern Republican party)

seb146

Sun May 26, 2019 4:35 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

IIRC, there were posts about Muslims in America being Muslims in America which got hundreds of responses. Right wing outrage like "how dare they freely practice their religion!" and so forth. Same low quality thread start but with very different results.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

seb146

Sun May 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Magog wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

They are meaningless. Their only hope is to seek attention. People here took their bait.

The same thing was said about the radicals currently in control of the Republican party and even their supreme leader, so

casinterest

Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 pm

So seriously, WTF is this thread all about.
No one remembers history or how the US was formed?

The reason there were so few idiots in attendance is because even self-respecting idiots know that you don't establish a state based on Religion.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Sun May 26, 2019 9:43 pm

casinterest wrote:

The reason there were so few idiots in attendance is because even self-respecting idiots know that you don't establish a state based on Religion.

Republicans are trying to build it from the inside. Look at all their opposition to LGBTQ equality and all the hand wringing over "Christians being attacked" and so forth.

Magog

Sun May 26, 2019 11:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Republicans are trying to build it from the inside. Look at all their opposition to LGBTQ equality and all the hand wringing over "Christians being attacked" and so forth.

This is laughably hyperbolic. The peak of Christian influence in the Republican Party was in the 1980s. Trump isn’t even religious. Doesn’t that tell you something?

BN747
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 11:27 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

This is laughably hyperbolic. The peak of Christian influence in the Republican Party was in the 1980s. Trump isn’t even religious. Doesn’t that tell you something?

Dude, you took some old ladies medication (on purpose or mistake)?

Are you kidding, you just acted like there is no solid alignment of christian Right & the traitor president!

He blackmailed Jerry Falwell Jr (per Michael Cohen) to corral their support - and got it!

Just ask any X'tian if Brokahontas is a christian...they will affirm that for you.

Yea dude, the X'tian movement is painting itself in a corner it will not be able to escape from in the near future - at which point they'll start crying (Again)..'christianity is under Attack!'

...yeah, who's fault is that?
Hint:Mirror

X'tians now are far more disturbing than those snowflakes of the 1980s!

BN747

Magog

Sun May 26, 2019 11:46 pm

Pfft... Christians have far less pull over the party than in the past. They’ve been replaced by populists and libertarians. Just because some are still around does not mean that they exert the same influence. They most definitely don’t.

Aaron747

Mon May 27, 2019 1:15 am

Magog wrote:
Pfft... Christians have far less pull over the party than in the past. They’ve been replaced by populists and libertarians. Just because some are still around does not mean that they exert the same influence. They most definitely don’t.

That’s a fair point but the insanity of megachurches and televangelism look to be alive and well. Proof enough that critical thinking is still in the ER.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 am

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Republicans are passing law after law AGAINST people because Republicans feel "their Christianity" is under attack.

Republicans are praising individual number one as god like

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2019/03/2 ... ir-savior/

Even self proclaimed "christian" leaders think he is holy

https://twitter.com/franklin_graham/sta ... 36?lang=en
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pat-robe ... a44324a6bb
https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... isors.html

I, personally, would love to see the South become their own nation led by Bible based laws, no one paying taxes, no labor laws, no wage laws.... Just like evangelicals want. Then, we will see how wonderful that turns out......

seb146

Mon May 27, 2019 1:31 am

Magog wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. I just spent a week in evangelical eastern Washington. Simply reading the letters to the editor of the local newspapers or hearing conversations in public is very telling. Even reading the letters in the largest paper in Oregon is full of the same right wing, evangelical hate and misinformation. And they actually believe it. That whites and Christians are under attack. That they feel they have no voice. That they must fight to get their country back. And on it goes. And it is frightening.

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 1:40 am

These people don’t have the influence that they used to. Writing letters to the editor doesn’t give you power in DC. Only a person living under a rock would fail to see the populist/libertarian shift in the Republican Party.

TSS

Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 am

seb146 wrote:

If you follow Christian lore, specifically the book of Revelations, all those things point to "Individual Number One" being the Anti-Christ.

seb146 wrote:
I, personally, would love to see the South become their own nation led by Bible based laws, no one paying taxes, no labor laws, no wage laws.... Just like evangelicals want. Then, we will see how wonderful that turns out......

The group that are the subject of this thread, the ones who want to form their own new Christian state, are from up in your neck of the woods and not Southern at all aren't they?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Mon May 27, 2019 5:09 am

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If you follow Christian lore, specifically the book of Revelations, all those things point to "Individual Number One" being the Anti-Christ.

That is quite a stretch, considering the Bible was written in the middle ages by a bunch of church officials in Europe. Meaning, they knew nothing about North America.

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The group that are the subject of this thread, the ones who want to form their own new Christian state, are from up in your neck of the woods and not Southern at all aren't they?

Yes, I know. "Liberty" (a misnomer if ever there were one!) would be in the most racist and uninformed section of the West Coast.....

seb146

Mon May 27, 2019 5:10 am

Magog wrote:
These people don’t have the influence that they used to. Writing letters to the editor doesn’t give you power in DC. Only a person living under a rock would fail to see the populist/libertarian shift in the Republican Party.

And, yet, they vote and protest and call in to "liberal" talk shows on satellite radio and pick fights with others on message boards........

BN747
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 5:26 am

Magog wrote:

Like hell, that party has it's own fat orange Buddha king - end of story. Bogus Populist rhetoric is what delivered him and placed him front and center.

Libertarians (the real ones)...are looking for home.

BN747

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 10:34 am

BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Like hell, that party has it's own fat orange Buddha king - end of story. Bogus Populist rhetoric is what delivered him and placed him front and center.

BN747

How silly. Just look at a map. By winning Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa from the Democrats in 2016, Trump lessened the GOP’s dependence on the evangelical stronghold of the south. Trump carried the Midwest because of populism, not religion. These are just the facts.

johnboy

Mon May 27, 2019 10:37 am

anrec80 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
cranberrysaus wrote:

Why is this even news

Yes, it is time to say that.

Well, they can’t kill and jail the people they’d like to ... yet.
Hope springs eternal in their soulless eyes I’m sure.

seb146

Mon May 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Magog wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

BN747

How silly. Just look at a map. By winning Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa from the Democrats in 2016, Trump lessened the GOP’s dependence on the evangelical stronghold of the south. Trump carried the Midwest because of populism, not religion. These are just the facts.

Funny how laws are still being passed by Republicans and bills being proposed by Republicans are based on religion. Republicans are campaigning on religion.

My mistake. Not religion in general. Only their version of Christianity.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues ... y-no-harm/

But, please do go on about how Republicans are not playing the Christianity card.....

BN747
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Magog wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

BN747

Here's a FACT that TRUMPS your fact....in the 2018 midterms, each fled to DEM govs canceling out the gains of which your boast.
2018 being more recent, is more accurate to current undertones.
2016 being more distant ...gains has been wiped out.
Thinking otherwise is truly being Silly.

BN747

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 7:29 pm

BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Here's a FACT that TRUMPS your fact....in the 2018 midterms, each fled to DEM govs canceling out the gains of which your boast.

BN747

Um. Okay. None of that changes the reality that the Christian Right’s influence has waned.

BN747
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Magog wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

BN747

Um. Okay. None of that changes the reality that the Christian Right’s influence has waned.

um okay, so tell that to the politicians lining up to kiss their ass, and those WH prayer breakfast/meetings + the Mike Pence 'X-tian' activities...sure, NO influence - get some New political spectacles, the moderate ones are cracked, shattered providing obscured visions.

In the meantime, a RawStory RSS delivery for you - Undercover X'tians...lookout!
They're going undercover now...whatever you do... don't let them become hackers on the darkweb, imagine what they could get into. Or get bejesus scared out of them.

[b]Christian couple caught posing as orthodox Jews to gain converts for Jesus

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/christ ... for-jesus/

BN747

Magog

Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 pm

Of course they still court their vote. That doesn’t mean that their influence is still the same.

alfa164

Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 pm

bennett123 wrote:

They think they are.

“The lineup of speakers included (State Rep. Matt Shea, a Spokane Valley Republican who has championed the Liberty State movement; Spokane City Councilman Mike Fagan; Spokane City Council candidate Tim Benn; and Loren Culp, the police chief in Republic, Washington, who made national headlines when he pledged not to enforce a controversial gun control initiative that voters passed in November,” the Spokesman-Review noted. “County Prosecutor Larry Haskell, former Treasurer Rob Chase and gun activist Anthony Bosworth also were in attendance, as were Barry and Anne Byrd, who lead the Marble Community Fellowship in northern Stevens County.”

Some people still fall for these snake-oil salesmen; more enlightened people tend to laugh it off - until it becomes too serious.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

MaverickM11

Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

LOL you think it's about religion? It's always been about insatiable greed and bigotry, hence why Trump is the messiah to the evangelical herd, whether it's keeping black people out Trump properties like Falwell did with Liberty University, or selling end times junk to gullible old people like Jim Bakker and Trump University, or raping an underage girl like *cough* also Jim Bakker, or building a money pit monument to idiocy like the Ark experience or Trump Casinos, or low key admiring Hitler like Billy Graham and labeling Jews the 'synagogue of satan' like literally any of the evangelicals infecting the republican party. It's never been about the religion--it's always been about power, greed, and marginalizing anything that isn't straight, white, evangelical male.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Magog

Tue May 28, 2019 12:12 am

Exactly. It’s all about greed and bigotry. We must constantly refer to them as greedy bigots to show them how inclusive we are. Only when they are squashed like bugs and made completely subservient will we achieve equality for all. Republicans have done so well because we haven't called them things like 'racist' and ‘’fascist’ enough. We need to double our efforts. It's the only way we will convince them to stop voting for the stuff we don't like.

If we are to win against the evil fascists, we must:

- no-platform those who hold incorrect views
- enforce restrictions on speech
- have them removed from their jobs
- ensure they lose access to alternative financial support
- break eggs on their heads

Aaron747

Tue May 28, 2019 12:29 am

Magog wrote:
Exactly. It’s all about greed and bigotry. We must constantly refer to them as greedy bigots to show them how inclusive we are. Only when they are squashed like bugs and made completely subservient will we achieve equality for all. Republicans have done so well because we haven't called them things like 'racist' and ‘’fascist’ enough. We need to double our efforts. It's the only way we will convince them to stop voting for the stuff we don't like.

Eggboy’s target lost his reelection bid in Queensland - not exactly the most liberal corner of Oz at that.

BN747
Topic Author

Tue May 28, 2019 12:29 am

Magog wrote:

Boy, there's level of 'silly' that deep?

MaverickM11 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

LOL you think it's about religion? It's always been about insatiable greed and bigotry, hence why Trump is the messiah to the evangelical herd, whether it's keeping black people out Trump properties like Falwell did with Liberty University, or selling end times junk to gullible old people like Jim Bakker and Trump University, or raping an underage girl like *cough* also Jim Bakker, or building a money pit monument to idiocy like the Ark experience or Trump Casinos, or low key admiring Hitler like Billy Graham and labeling Jews the 'synagogue of satan' like literally any of the evangelicals infecting the republican party. It's never been about the religion--it's always been about power, greed, and marginalizing anything that isn't straight, white, evangelical male.

Precisely as Religion serves Perfectly as the Sheep (costume) disguise for those wolves you speak of....and the Sheeple are perfect fine with that.

BN747

seb146

Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 am

Just because not all righties act on their feelings does not mean they don't believe it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... c68db22df4

Brewer's radicalization began with his wife "...began with rightwing yet mainstream views such as those presented on Fox News,” Ansell’s sentencing memo said. “She then moved on to writings by Ben Shapiro and articles on Breitbart News"

We can not ban these hate peddlers but we must understand they condone hate. Not one apology from them. Not one.

Magog

Tue May 28, 2019 10:26 am

seb146 wrote:
Just because not all righties act on their feelings does not mean they don't believe it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... c68db22df4

Brewer's radicalization began with his wife "...began with rightwing yet mainstream views such as those presented on Fox News,” Ansell’s sentencing memo said. “She then moved on to writings by Ben Shapiro and articles on Breitbart News"

We can not ban these hate peddlers but we must understand they condone hate. Not one apology from them. Not one.

Only in Seb’s world could Ben Shapiro, that yarmulke-wearing, Israel-supporting, condemner of the Alt-right, Orthodox Jew, convince that guy to vandalize a synagogue.

Shapiro’s name does not appear in any of the FBI transcripts. It only appears once in a sentencing memorandum offered by the defense. The type of document that, by its very nature, tries to make excuses and to blame everyone else.

So what again does Ben Shapiro have to apologize for? I’m not very familiar with him, but based on everything I’ve seen, he actually appears to be one of reasonable voices on the right. The couple of times I’ve seen his name mentioned have been in the context of criticizing Trump and the Alt-Right.