BN747
Topic Author

Republicans attend rally to carve out new Christian state:

Sat May 25, 2019 3:31 am

Republicans attend rally to carve out new Christian state
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/republ ... rty-state/

I seriously doubt if this will happen...but I hope are aware that they setting the stage for a future Muslim State within the US. Boy won't that piss off the X'tians...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

flipdewaf

Re: Republicans attend rally to carve out new Christian state:

Sat May 25, 2019 7:36 am

Is it wrong that I want to see them try? Like just for the entertainment value.

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L410Turbolet

Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 am

BN747 wrote:
a future Muslim State within the US.

In addition to Minnesota and Michigan?

frmrCapCadet

Sat May 25, 2019 1:49 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian ... ructionism

There is a very broad but not well defined movement in right wing circles to re-establish a Christian (or more likely Christendom) base of the USA government. Some are Christians, more are non-believers who avow a non-defined Western Christendom sort of domination against enlightenment values.

This is a serious ongoing movement within, perhaps dominating the Republican Party. Follow the various links in the Wikipedia article.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

johns624

Sat May 25, 2019 10:46 pm

This would be so great. It would be like the Middle East where the men would be crossing into other states where they aren't watched so they could do the things that men do. Meanwhile, the subservient wife would be at home, cooking and cleaning, barefoot and pregnant...

Aesma

Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 pm

I'm not sure what's christian about their proposal, they seem more concerned with guns and violence.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

BN747
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 1:01 am

johns624 wrote:
This would be so great. It would be like the Middle East where the men would be crossing into other states where they aren't watched so they could do the things that men do. Meanwhile, the subservient wife would be at home, cooking and cleaning, barefoot and pregnant...

No no, no..make it better than the ME states, make it a real REAL X'tian state - 'once in - you don't to leave' would be the state motto...only thing is, you actually are not allowed to leave!

The Handmaid's Tale actualized.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

bennett123

Sun May 26, 2019 10:24 am

Are these people for real?.

Magog

Sun May 26, 2019 10:40 am

bennett123 wrote:

They are meaningless. Their only hope is to seek attention. People here took their bait.

frmrCapCadet

Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm not sure what's christian about their proposal, they seem more concerned with guns and violence.

The very conservative Christian right is pro gun, pro war, pro ultra-nationalism. Many simply conservative Christians differ, but they are definitely out shouted by the 'very'.

frmrCapCadet

Sun May 26, 2019 2:55 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/25/opin ... 7aBLCfgp_M

This discusses the establishment of a new version of Christianity happening about 1919. In terms of the day it was neither a conservative Christianity, nor obviously a liberal or established Christianity. As they gathered power they allied or were co-opted with other radical conservative groups. Note: they specifically reject enlightenment values (further note, US Declaration of Independence and the constitution embody enlightenment values which increasingly are rejected by the modern Republican party)

seb146

Sun May 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Magog wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

They are meaningless. Their only hope is to seek attention. People here took their bait.

The same thing was said about the radicals currently in control of the Republican party and even their supreme leader, so
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

casinterest

Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 pm

So seriously, WTF is this thread all about.
No one remembers history or how the US was formed?

The reason there were so few idiots in attendance is because even self-respecting idiots know that you don't establish a state based on Religion.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Sun May 26, 2019 9:43 pm

casinterest wrote:
So seriously, WTF is this thread all about.
No one remembers history or how the US was formed?

The reason there were so few idiots in attendance is because even self-respecting idiots know that you don't establish a state based on Religion.

Republicans are trying to build it from the inside. Look at all their opposition to LGBTQ equality and all the hand wringing over "Christians being attacked" and so forth.

TSS

Mon May 27, 2019 1:55 am

seb146 wrote:

If you follow Christian lore, specifically the book of Revelations, all those things point to "Individual Number One" being the Anti-Christ.

seb146 wrote:
I, personally, would love to see the South become their own nation led by Bible based laws, no one paying taxes, no labor laws, no wage laws.... Just like evangelicals want. Then, we will see how wonderful that turns out......

The group that are the subject of this thread, the ones who want to form their own new Christian state, are from up in your neck of the woods and not Southern at all aren't they?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Mon May 27, 2019 5:09 am

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

If you follow Christian lore, specifically the book of Revelations, all those things point to "Individual Number One" being the Anti-Christ.

That is quite a stretch, considering the Bible was written in the middle ages by a bunch of church officials in Europe. Meaning, they knew nothing about North America.

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I, personally, would love to see the South become their own nation led by Bible based laws, no one paying taxes, no labor laws, no wage laws.... Just like evangelicals want. Then, we will see how wonderful that turns out......

The group that are the subject of this thread, the ones who want to form their own new Christian state, are from up in your neck of the woods and not Southern at all aren't they?

Yes, I know. "Liberty" (a misnomer if ever there were one!) would be in the most racist and uninformed section of the West Coast.....

alfa164

Mon May 27, 2019 10:46 pm

bennett123 wrote:

They think they are.

“The lineup of speakers included (State Rep. Matt Shea, a Spokane Valley Republican who has championed the Liberty State movement; Spokane City Councilman Mike Fagan; Spokane City Council candidate Tim Benn; and Loren Culp, the police chief in Republic, Washington, who made national headlines when he pledged not to enforce a controversial gun control initiative that voters passed in November,” the Spokesman-Review noted. “County Prosecutor Larry Haskell, former Treasurer Rob Chase and gun activist Anthony Bosworth also were in attendance, as were Barry and Anne Byrd, who lead the Marble Community Fellowship in northern Stevens County.”

Some people still fall for these snake-oil salesmen; more enlightened people tend to laugh it off - until it becomes too serious.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Tue May 28, 2019 8:19 am

Just because not all righties act on their feelings does not mean they don't believe it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... c68db22df4

Brewer's radicalization began with his wife "...began with rightwing yet mainstream views such as those presented on Fox News,” Ansell’s sentencing memo said. “She then moved on to writings by Ben Shapiro and articles on Breitbart News"

We can not ban these hate peddlers but we must understand they condone hate. Not one apology from them. Not one.

bhill

Tue May 28, 2019 6:15 pm

Mexico....they can have Mexico. Lots of Christians there..;-)
Carpe Pices

sccutler

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:49 pm

This is fascinating.

Who has been calling for deportation of "... LEGAL Americans like Jews, Blacks, Latinos, LGBTQ..."?

And, to where are they to be deported?

Looking for specifics, citations to names, dates, sources. Very interested in learning something here.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

TSS

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:00 am

sccutler wrote:
This is fascinating.

Who has been calling for deportation of "... LEGAL Americans like Jews, Blacks, Latinos, LGBTQ..."?

Looking for specifics, citations to names, dates, sources. Very interested in learning something here.

As am I.

While we're asking questions, how about those kind, gentle, friendly representatives of the Left Wing who call themselves ANTIFA, whose reason for existence seems to be fighting imaginary fascism and censorship with genuine fascism and censorship? They're not exactly going around pinning daisies to people's chests.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

MaverickM11

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:32 am

TSS wrote:
sccutler wrote:
This is fascinating.

As am I.

While we're asking questions, how about those kind, gentle, friendly representatives of the Left Wing who call themselves ANTIFA, whose reason for existence seems to be fighting imaginary fascism and censorship with genuine fascism and censorship? They're not exactly going around pinning daisies to people's chests.

Imaginary is right. They're not doing much of anything other than ensuring the right's panties remain bunched. Seems so quaint to whine about antifa when the right is shooting up mosques and synagogues, marching around in an endless parade of white nationalist militias, mailing out package bombs from your Trump covered van down by the river, running people over in cars, and committing all extremist linked murders last year. But yah antifa hurt Milo's fee-feez once. Sad!
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:01 am

sccutler wrote:
This is fascinating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 70d4f595a7
https://truthout.org/articles/deporting ... se-of-law/
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... permanence
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

I know none of these are right wing sources but they naturally will not report this, so

BN747
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:12 am

The everyday ramifications of such an 'ideal state are terrifying'...

Watched about 5 christian movies, The Apocalypse (2007), 2012 Doomsday (2008) and a few other unforgetables over the past few week because I'd never heard of the titles...and now I know why..

All the scripts are interchangeable, meaning story lines/plots, characters even their dialog ... is just annoying AF!

So I can only imagine a place that blocks internet content, HBO etc and ONLY airs Barney (makes a comback), Pat Robertson 700 Club Marathons Daily, I Love Lucy and Mayberry RFD, TV Land will rule!

I think after a month large numbers of people will be attempting to escape 'christianLand' seeking asylum by the second!

BN747

Magog

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 am

BN747 wrote:
The everyday ramifications of such an 'ideal state are terrifying'...

Good thing it will never happen.