FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

More Americans Concerned About Fake News

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Americans view fake news as a bigger problem than terrorism

https://www.axios.com/americans-fake-ne ... ab99c.html

More people than ever realizing they've been getting duped by most of the MSM for much, if not all, of their lives. :o

casinterest

Re: More Americans Concerned About Fake News

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:01 pm

From the article:
Between the lines: While most Americans blame political leaders and activist groups for creating misinformation over journalists, most say "the news media" is the most responsible for fixing the problem.

Republicans blame journalists more for the issue than Democrats, according to the survey.

So everyone is concerned about Fake news. A greater share of Republicans are stupid enough to believe it is the Journalists fault that their politicians lie.
Where ever you go, there you are.

stratclub

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:23 pm

casinterest wrote:
From the article:
Between the lines: While most Americans blame political leaders and activist groups for creating misinformation over journalists, most say "the news media" is the most responsible for fixing the problem.

Republicans blame journalists more for the issue than Democrats, according to the survey.

So everyone is concerned about Fake news. A greater share of Republicans are stupid enough to believe it is the Journalists fault that their politicians lie.

You are delusional. The MSM trots out false narratives (lies) to support lying politician's lies. For 2 1/2 years the Democrat's MSM told lie after lie after lie about DJT in regards to Russian collusion and when the Mueller report was released, they dropped Russian collusion like a hot brick and went on to a different topic to misinform the public about.

MSNBC's Rachell Maddow has got to be one of the most devious and despicable swamp creatures in the journalistic swamp. Watch some Congressional hearing and compare what actually transpired to the fairy tail lies she presents as facts.

The MSM could "fix" the problem by actually reporting the facts like used to be an ethical standard for journalists. Many of todays journalists actually believe it is their job to shape public opinion with their bias for the public's greater good even if it means lying and spinning false narratives. Propaganda, is a VG description of what many of todays journalists report.

casinterest

Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 pm

stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:
From the article:

You are delusional. The MSM trots out false narratives (lies) to support lying politician's lies. For 2 1/2 years the Democrat's MSM told lie after lie after lie about DJT in regards to Russian collusion and when the Mueller report was released, they dropped Russian collusion like a hot brick and went on to a different topic to misinform the public about.

MSNBC's Rachell Maddow has got to be one of the most devious and despicable swamp creatures in the journalistic swamp. Watch some Congressional hearing and compare what actually transpired to the fairy tail lies she presents as facts.

The MSM could "fix" the problem by actually reporting the facts like used to be an ethical standard for journalists. Many of todays journalists actually believe it is their job to shape public opinion with their bias for the public's greater good even if it means lying and spinning false narratives. Propaganda, is a VG description of what many of todays journalists report.

For all the Brainwashed People out there. . Rachel Maddow is the same as Sean Hannity, and neither one of them is a journalist. The rest of your rant is typical Russian warped statements of ignorance.

If you watch any so called News channel between 7:00 P.M and 11:00 P.M, you are not watching news unless there is a real natural disaster , or real crisis going on.

You can check if it is real if all news networks are covering the same thing.

trpmb6

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:10 pm

I would just like to note that a large percentage of the population thinks that the american sign language symbol for "OK" is somehow linked to white supremacists despite the overwhelming evidence proving it was started by trolls on 4chan. They even are taking sport in it now. Saw cnn ran a story on the "fashtag" which is just a hashtag but the # looks like two H's stopped on top of each other for the non-avengers version of heil hydra.

Kilopond

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 pm

stratclub wrote:
[...]You are delusional. The MSM trots out false narratives (lies) to support lying politician's lies.[...]

Those totally indoctrinated Neo-Marxists are much too narrow minded to question any of the false dogmas of their ideological system. Thus, they believe in their own lies without any hessitation. Also their reflexes are perfectly trained in the manner of Pavlov´s dogs: for instance, as soon as they can hear the „racist“ bell ringing they will automatically bite the accused subject to death.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:38 pm

casinterest wrote:
From the article:

Huh? It is a journalist’s responsibility to report the news thoroughly and without bias. People rely on journalists to be honest, accurate and fair in disclosing all facts about events and issues and how they affect their lives. To do this well they must ferret out facts without regard to their personal political agenda. And in most cases those facts should (must?) not be based on single-source leaks which are notoriously unreliable.

Could it be that the average R can simply see through the fakery better? Remember, we’re on the subject of media fake news here, not Trump’s BS. Much of the time, though, the problem is not so much ‘fake news’ as it is 'no news.’ Case in point: Yesterday, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer questioned the importance of the Steele dossier. It was almost as if he didn’t know it existed. How would he know – did he ever report on it, let alone investigate it? Yet this will only now become big ‘NEWS’ because CNN, NYT, et al. will no longer be able to hide/bury the truth concerning this matter.

Mueller had an opportunity to look into (briefly stated) every aspect of the 2016 election, with the purpose of determining if Trump colluded with the Russians, obstructed justice or committed any other crime. He did a bang-up job relative to many of those associated with Trump, even to the level of NYC taxi medallions. However, this was related to a Trump lawyer, not DJT himself. Nothing to do with Russia or the 2016 election.

Yet, the aforementioned Steele dossier implicates Trump directly. What little MSM coverage it received painted this picture: Trump pissed on a bed he was told the Obamas slept on. Of course, the Russians would know about this -- probably had the room wired. So, Putin blackmails Trump and he therefore reveals state secrets, etc. Simple. End of story.

OK, now why didn’t Mueller follow up on that? There was a huge red flag hanging on that dossier-related stuff when he got the assignment and it is still there. Why did he avoid that aspect like the plague? Possibly because it may have implicated his buddy James Comey and others in a scheme to protect HRC and/or just get Trump. Falsifying information to a fisa court. Wow! Mueller has been around DC for a very long time, and he knows the more you play with political $hit, the more it stinks.

As a side note, I am not a Republican. I am an independent voter who could not bear the thought of either HRC or DJT winning the 2016 election. But I am a believer in fairness and regardless of his mindless tweets, clenched fist, self-applause, etc., I think he has accomplished some positive things and deserves a fair shot. Maybe this will all be for naught. If roles were reversed this would have already been investigated thoroughly by the media, which is upset because AG Barr is doing his job.

But then I digress.

So, back to the original subject. Would anyone be so stupid to believe DJT was stupid enough to do such a thing? Especially in a Russian hotel room that is almost certainly audio/visual recorded? The MSM, that’s who. And the people who watch/listen/read and believe.

Believe me, I think that for the most part Trump is not very bright, but he is not stupid. This is what is (politically) stupid: believing a comment “Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.” Believing this was said seriously and using it to kick-start the “get Trump” campaign kinda proves the point. The liberal MSM was all over this and as far as I can tell the watchers/listeners/readers actually bought it. Even DJT is capable of dispensing a tongue-in-cheek quip.

Making sure to not convey politicians’ lies. This is the journalist’s duty (these days). Your response seems to imply journalists should rely on what politicians say. Let’s see how the MSM handles what is becoming a hot potato.

casinterest

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:43 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
From the article:

Huh? It is a journalist’s responsibility to report the news thoroughly and without bias. People rely on journalists to be honest, accurate and fair in disclosing all facts about events and issues and how they affect their lives. To do this well they must ferret out facts without regard to their personal political agenda. And in most cases those facts should (must?) not be based on single-source leaks which are notoriously unreliable.

Could it be that the average R can simply see through the fakery better? Remember, we’re on the subject of media fake news here, not Trump’s BS. Much of the time, though, the problem is not so much ‘fake news’ as it is 'no news.’ Case in point: Yesterday, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer questioned the importance of the Steele dossier. It was almost as if he didn’t know it existed. How would he know – did he ever report on it, let alone investigate it? Yet this will only now become big ‘NEWS’ because CNN, NYT, et al. will no longer be able to hide/bury the truth concerning this matter.

Mueller had an opportunity to look into (briefly stated) every aspect of the 2016 election, with the purpose of determining if Trump colluded with the Russians, obstructed justice or committed any other crime. He did a bang-up job relative to many of those associated with Trump, even to the level of NYC taxi medallions. However, this was related to a Trump lawyer, not DJT himself. Nothing to do with Russia or the 2016 election.

Yet, the aforementioned Steele dossier implicates Trump directly. What little MSM coverage it received painted this picture: Trump pissed on a bed he was told the Obamas slept on. Of course, the Russians would know about this -- probably had the room wired. So, Putin blackmails Trump and he therefore reveals state secrets, etc. Simple. End of story.

OK, now why didn’t Mueller follow up on that? There was a huge red flag hanging on that dossier-related stuff when he got the assignment and it is still there. Why did he avoid that aspect like the plague? Possibly because it may have implicated his buddy James Comey and others in a scheme to protect HRC and/or just get Trump. Falsifying information to a fisa court. Wow! Mueller has been around DC for a very long time, and he knows the more you play with political $hit, the more it stinks.

As a side note, I am not a Republican. I am an independent voter who could not bear the thought of either HRC or DJT winning the 2016 election. But I am a believer in fairness and regardless of his mindless tweets, clenched fist, self-applause, etc., I think he has accomplished some positive things and deserves a fair shot. Maybe this will all be for naught. If roles were reversed this would have already been investigated thoroughly by the media, which is upset because AG Barr is doing his job.

But then I digress.

So, back to the original subject. Would anyone be so stupid to believe DJT was stupid enough to do such a thing? Especially in a Russian hotel room that is almost certainly audio/visual recorded? The MSM, that’s who. And the people who watch/listen/read and believe.

Believe me, I think that for the most part Trump is not very bright, but he is not stupid. This is what is (politically) stupid: believing a comment “Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing.” Believing this was said seriously and using it to kick-start the “get Trump” campaign kinda proves the point. The liberal MSM was all over this and as far as I can tell the watchers/listeners/readers actually bought it. Even DJT is capable of dispensing a tongue-in-cheek quip.

Making sure to not convey politicians’ lies. This is the journalist’s duty (these days). Your response seems to imply journalists should rely on what politicians say. Let’s see how the MSM handles what is becoming a hot potato.

This entire spew of bs proves you didn't read what i wrote, or what was in the article. But if you really want to go on about Mueller, of read the document i posted in the other thread about how Barr mislead the American public about Mueller's report.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:04 pm

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
From the article:

But then I digress.

This entire spew of bs proves you didn't read what i wrote, or what was in the article. But if you really want to go on about Mueller, of read the document i posted in the other thread about how Barr mislead the American public about Mueller's report.

Of course I read it (what you wrote/the article/thread post). Insofar as what you posted in the other thread, it's a matter of opinion, i.e., who misled whom.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I would just like to note that a large percentage of the population thinks that the american sign language symbol for "OK" is somehow linked to white supremacists despite the overwhelming evidence proving it was started by trolls on 4chan. They even are taking sport in it now. Saw cnn ran a story on the "fashtag" which is just a hashtag but the # looks like two H's stopped on top of each other for the non-avengers version of heil hydra.

It may have been a trolling act started in 4chan, but the fact that some actual white supremacists have adopted it as their own is what's being reported.

As an example, the swastika existed long before the Nazis even formed, but through association with them, it has become a taboo sign.

Try flying a swastika (even if reversed, inclined, or whatever) and seeing how far you get.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

casinterest

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:24 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

But then I digress.

Of course I read it (what you wrote/the article/thread post). Insofar as what you posted in the other thread, it's a matter of opinion, i.e., who misled whom.

Not when it comes to the responsibility of Congress to investigate further as the DOJ cannot charge president with a crime.

Tugger

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I would just like to note that a large percentage of the population thinks that the american sign language symbol for "OK" is somehow linked to white supremacists despite the overwhelming evidence proving it was started by trolls on 4chan.

Not quite sure if you are actually speaking of the true ASL sign or what people imagine is the sign.

ASL signing can be seen here:
https://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/o/okay.htm
Or here:
https://www.handspeak.com/word/search/index.php?id=1545

Because some people think this is the sign:

And it is not.
Just curious.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

stratclub

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:30 pm

casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:
From the article:

For all the Brainwashed People out there. . Rachel Maddow is the same as Sean Hannity, and neither one of them is a journalist. The rest of your rant is typical Russian warped statements of ignorance.

If you watch any so called News channel between 7:00 P.M and 11:00 P.M, you are not watching news unless there is a real natural disaster , or real crisis going on.

Sure I agree. although Rachel Madcow does take trash journalism to a very despicable new low.

stratclub

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:47 pm

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
From the article:

But then I digress.

Ag Bar didn't mislead anybody. His constraints were current laws and the constitution, while Mueller's constraints were political. Why would Mueller have published a report that didn't meet the requirements of prosecutional law? His job was to find or not find and report probable cause for crimes which he didn't do on obstruction. Instead he wrote 400 odd pages of a "what if" lack of probable cause fairy tale.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:55 pm

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Not when it comes to the responsibility of Congress to investigate further as the DOJ cannot charge president with a crime.

It will be interesting to see what the investigations (Congress and Barr) come up with, if anything. :?:

jdstJD

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:36 am

casinterest wrote:
stratclub wrote:
casinterest wrote:
From the article:

Perfectly said. I will just add that before ANYONE who is a fan of Fox News criticizes Rachel Maddow they’d better admit that tucker Carlson is a complete and total idiotic fool.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

stratclub

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:47 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

It will be interesting to see what the investigations (Congress and Barr) come up with, if anything. :?:

No. Congress does not have the responsibility to investigate further. The findings of no collusion and no obstruction have already been released by the DOJ. The only thing they could investigate in an oversight capacity is to why Mueller's report is such a hatchet job that was for the most part political and since the investigation was about Russian influence, why the origins of framing Trump on Russian collusion by the Democrats were not investigated. That would be oversight. I doubt that after spending upwards of $25 million to investigate bogus claims against the President, Jerry Nadlers kangaroo court would find anything implicating the Trump organization.

With the DOJ having criminal investigations about the origins of collusion gate in work, Jerry Nadler's kangaroo court needs to back off so that criminal acts can be investigated according to the law by the DOJ. I could imagine that Jerry Nadler and Adam Shiff could be censured or even charged with interfering with ongoing DOJ criminal investigations.

casinterest

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:19 am

stratclub wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

No. Congress does not have the responsibility to investigate further. The findings of no collusion and no obstruction have already been released by the DOJ. The only thing they could investigate in an oversight capacity is to why Mueller's report is such a hatchet job that was for the most part political and since the investigation was about Russian influence, why the origins of framing Trump on Russian collusion by the Democrats were not investigated. That would be oversight. I doubt that after spending upwards of $25 million to investigate bogus claims against the President, Jerry Nadlers kangaroo court would find anything implicating the Trump organization.

With the DOJ having criminal investigations about the origins of collusion gate in work, Jerry Nadler's kangaroo court needs to back off so that criminal acts can be investigated according to the law by the DOJ. I could imagine that Jerry Nadler and Adam Shiff could be censured or even charged with interfering with ongoing DOJ criminal investigations.

So a man that was hired to do 2 years of work is politcal, while the AG appointee basically sucked off some favors to get the job did the right thing?

BS. Go back to Russia

casinterest

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:20 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

That is why the investigations have to happen. The president asked for something and got it. We need to see how deep that river is.

stratclub

Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 am

No. Rachel Madcow is not the same as anyone else. Her misdirections and false lying narratives would make Satin himself blush in regards to truthful reporting.

Aaron747

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:21 am

stratclub wrote:
No. Rachel Madcow is not the same as anyone else. Her misdirections and false lying narratives would make Satin himself blush in regards to truthful reporting.

LOL! This is a fantastic post. I don’t necessarily disagree but Handjob Hannity is in the same sludgy pool of muck from which she sprang. I would post a meme that shows the depths he stoops to, but it would get me banned :spin:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

LOL! This is a fantastic post. I don’t necessarily disagree but Handjob Hannity is in the same sludgy pool of muck from which she sprang. I would post a meme that shows the depths he stoops to, but it would get me banned :spin:

The difference is Fox KNOWS they can lie to their viewers and know they can get away with it. MSNBC knows they are not news and does not lie about it. MSNBC knows they are opinion and does not LIE to their viewers. Fox LIES and we need to keep repeating that fact.

FOX LIES.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

trpmb6

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:23 pm

Tugger wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
I would just like to note that a large percentage of the population thinks that the american sign language symbol for "OK" is somehow linked to white supremacists despite the overwhelming evidence proving it was started by trolls on 4chan.

Not quite sure if you are actually speaking of the true ASL sign or what people imagine is the sign.

ASL signing can be seen here:
https://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/o/okay.htm
Or here:
https://www.handspeak.com/word/search/index.php?id=1545

Because some people think this is the sign:

And it is not.
Just curious.

Tugg

I stand corrected! Feel a bit ashamed of that. I always assumed since it's used in Diving that it was the universal ASL.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:03 pm

seb146 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

The difference is Fox KNOWS they can lie to their viewers and know they can get away with it. MSNBC knows they are not news and does not lie about it. MSNBC knows they are opinion and does not LIE to their viewers. Fox LIES and we need to keep repeating that fact.

FOX LIES.

It seems many Fox ‘lies’ are now morphing toward certitude, whereas MSNBC is taking a divergent course. This quote will apply to its audience (and the Left in general) as the DOJ unmasks certain undertakings by its own (mostly previous) hierarchy:

"Never underestimate the difficulty of changing false beliefs by facts"
Henry Rosovsky

afcjets

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 pm

That's a great point. When Ann Coulter promoted her book "Godless" about 15 years ago she said Liberalism is their religion (since they don't have one). That is perhaps why liberals fall for fake news so easily. They want to believe their beliefs so badly, just the way a Christian like me believes in heaven despite no evidence, and why a Muslim terrorist will kill because he believes 72 virgins are waiting for him on the other side. It reminds me of a late 80s Brett Michaels / Poison song I heard on the radio yesterday "Something to Believe In". Great song and great lyrics...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2ItpKiabc