caliboy93
Topic Author

Consequences of Climate Change

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 pm

What are the long-term scenarios associated with unchecked climate change?

Dutchy

Re: Consequences of Climate Change

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Google it, and you will be shocked.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

NIKV69

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:37 pm

I thought according to Gore we were supposed to have vaporized already.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

johns624

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:46 pm

I don't care. I'll be 60 in 3 weeks and don't have any children so I'll be dead and gone before anything major happens.

Dutchy

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:02 pm

johns624 wrote:
I don't care. I'll be 60 in 3 weeks and don't have any children so I'll be dead and gone before anything major happens.

Pffff, can you have a more antisocial response?

Aaron747

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:15 pm

johns624 wrote:

I leave rooms more messy than I found them - signed, half or more of ‘humanity’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

johns624

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Yeah, I could. Ask someone who knows me. I recycle, drive a car that gets 35+mpg and all the other good stuff. But, you can't worry about everything and something which won't affect me isn't high on my list. I also find this is quite amusing on an aircraft website, since airlines (although really needed) are some of the largest polluters.

Aaron747

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:45 pm

johns624 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Yeah, I could. Ask someone who knows me. I recycle, drive a car that gets 35+mpg and all the other good stuff. But, you can't worry about everything and something which won't affect me isn't high on my list. I also find this is quite amusing on an aircraft website, since airlines (although really needed) are some of the largest polluters.

Aviation has drastically improved efficiency and reduced emissions in the last 60 years - it’s only a blip on carbon footprint now because of growth in short haul flights and support services. Biofuels have already been tested in the industry and may be available when production is properly scaled. By comparison, industry and developing country deforestation have such a large impact it’s almost silly to mention aviation in the same breath.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

johns624

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:14 am

Aaron747 wrote:
By comparison, industry and developing country deforestation have such a large impact it’s almost silly to mention aviation in the same breath.
Yet, we all keep buying cheap stuff made in polluting, cheap labor Asian countries and shipped halfway around the world. We're all doing it so I really don't care for some peoples' "holier than thou" attitude.

Dutchy

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Aviation has drastically improved efficiency and reduced emissions in the last 60 years - it’s only a blip on carbon footprint now because of growth in short haul flights and support services. Biofuels have already been tested in the industry and may be available when production is properly scaled. By comparison, industry and developing country deforestation have such a large impact it’s almost silly to mention aviation in the same breath.

Per flight or per seat mile you are right, aviation overall has seen massive growth thus the overall pollution due to aviation has grown massively. Moreover, aviation put itself in a position that exempts themselves from the Paris agreement, together with international shipping. The problem of course for aviation is that alternative propulsion is hard.

TSS

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:40 am

Dutchy wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Per flight or per seat mile you are right, aviation overall has seen massive growth thus the overall pollution due to aviation has grown massively. Moreover, aviation put itself in a position that exempts themselves from the Paris agreement, together with international shipping. The problem of course for aviation is that alternative propulsion is hard.

At least with aviation and shipping goods and/or people are being moved from Point A to Point B. Cruise ships are apparently notorious polluters and they only move people from Point A the long way round back to Point A.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesellsmoor/2019/04/26/cruise-ship-pollution-is-causing-serious-health-and-environmental-problems/#7f9fa7aa37db
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Dutchy

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 am

TSS wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

At least with aviation and shipping goods and/or people are being moved from Point A to Point B. Cruise ships are apparently notorious polluters and they only move people from Point A the long way round back to Point A.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesellsmoor/2019/04/26/cruise-ship-pollution-is-causing-serious-health-and-environmental-problems/#7f9fa7aa37db

Sure and they are.

ltbewr

Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:57 am

One huge problem, and already in progress, is the mass movements of people due to flooding of coastal areas, lack of rain in many areas so not enough water needed for survival for drinking and agriculture, too much rain in inland areas causing flooding,

DL717

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 pm

ltbewr wrote:
One huge problem, and already in progress, is the mass movements of people due to flooding of coastal areas, lack of rain in many areas so not enough water needed for survival for drinking and agriculture, too much rain in inland areas causing flooding,

Pfft. The only mass movements of people I’ve been seeing is those fleeing broken governments, not flooding of coastal areas.

That said, if someone built their house on the sand, that’s their stupid.

Climate change and population migration because of it has happened before, and it will happen again. There isn’t a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it. But hey, it keeps a lot of people gainfully employed and lines the pockets of corrupt politicians so it can’t be all bad.

Dutchy wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
johns624 wrote:

Not to worry. With all the land that is about to be reclaimed, there will be fewer places to fly.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

NoTime

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:32 pm

caliboy93 wrote:

Here's a good start (from a biased source, but with links to source content/reports): https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/10/30/ ... edictions/

Hint - No one knows, but everyone likes to make dire predictions that rarely pan out.

N14AZ

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:00 pm

I think sooner or later the focus will shift from avoiding greenhouse emissions to kind of „end-of-pipe“-solutions, e.g. “capturing“ CO2 or absorbing it, example:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06 ... rectly-air

Why? Because I don’t think „we“, i.e. humanity, we will manage to reduce greenhouse gases sufficiently. We will simply not make it. As you said, it doesn’t help if let’s say Germany reaches all targets in that respect but other larger nations do not.

Once „we“ realize we cannot reach our targets by reducing greenhouse gases in due time, governments will put their... well, our money into „End-of-pipe“-solutions , similar to solid waste disposal or sewage disposal.

aviationaware

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:45 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Why? Because I don’t think „we“, i.e. humanity, we will manage to reduce greenhouse gases sufficiently. We will simply not make it. As you said, it doesn’t help if let’s say Germany reaches all targets in that respect but other larger nations do not.

Good. The sooner everyone comes to that realization, the better will we all be off. Now the next thing you should realize is that any meddling with the atmosphere is a pipedream and that we should focus our assets on protecting us from the inevitable, as in rising sea levels, changing precipitation and draught patterns, and get the Board Shorts out because we're all going to be having much nicer weather in the northern hemisphere of the future.

As an example, our dear sad excuse for a mayor Bill de Blasio should stop wasting tax payer money on making the city worse and instead commissioning a plan to protect New York harbor from flooding.

WildcatYXU

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:06 pm

TSS wrote:

Strictly speaking, one could use the same optics to a great chunk of air travel and definitely to a big part of cargo as well.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

einsteinboricua

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:07 pm

aviationaware wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Good. The sooner everyone comes to that realization, the better will we all be off. Now the next thing you should realize is that any meddling with the atmosphere is a pipedream and that we should focus our assets on protecting us from the inevitable, as in rising sea levels, changing precipitation and draught patterns, and get the Board Shorts out because we're all going to be having much nicer weather in the northern hemisphere of the future.

As an example, our dear sad excuse for a mayor Bill de Blasio should stop wasting tax payer money on making the city worse and instead commissioning a plan to protect New York harbor from flooding.

This is a contradiction.

First you state that we should come to the realization that we can't reduce greenhouse gases and instead protect ourselves from the inevitable. But if flooding, drought, and others are inevitable, what's the point of protecting ourselves? Shouldn't we come to the realization that floods, drought, hurricanes, and heat waves will become more commonplace and learn to accept them? How do we know our preparations are enough in the first place?

And what is so wrong about creating jobs in the green energy and sustainability sectors?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

einsteinboricua

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:25 pm

TSS wrote:
Cruise ships are apparently notorious polluters and they only move people from Point A the long way round back to Point A.

Isn't that what buses and cars do?

At least cruises are moving cities so it's understandable that they would require more power to move around.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

aviationaware

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:38 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
This is a contradiction.

First you state that we should come to the realization that we can't reduce greenhouse gases and instead protect ourselves from the inevitable. But if flooding, drought, and others are inevitable, what's the point of protecting ourselves?

How is that a contradiction? Should we just sit there and take what nature throws at us? How stupid is that. Humans are at the pinnacle of evolution because of a supreme ability to adapt, and I am advocating for a further step of adaption to a changing environment that we can't realistically influence other than by trying to mitigate the effects it has on us.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:55 pm

Science has predicted all kinds of horrible outcome, including famines by 1985 in Europe, but the human mind has muddled thru. I have more faith in humanity than in some predictions.

GF

Aaron747

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Science has predicted all kinds of horrible outcome, including famines by 1985 in Europe, but the human mind has muddled thru. I have more faith in humanity than in some predictions.

GF

This RAN Admiral and former coal lobbyist disagree big-time:

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/148cb0_a ... c1e687.pdf

Climate change intersects with pre-existing national security risks to function as a threat multiplier and accelerant to instability, contributing to escalating cycles of humanitarian and socio-political crises, conflict and forced migration.

Climate-change impacts on food and water systems, declining crop yields and rising food prices driven by drought, wildfire and harvest failures have already become catalysts for social breakdown and conflict across the Middle East, the Maghreb and the Sahel, contributing to the European migration crisis.

Understanding and foreseeing such events depends crucially on an appreciation of the real strengths and limitations of climate-science projections, and the application of risk-management frameworks which differ fundamentally from conventional practice.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:16 pm

TSS

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 pm

WildcatYXU wrote:
TSS wrote:

Strictly speaking, one could use the same optics to a great chunk of air travel and definitely to a big part of cargo as well.

I get the point you're making with regard to air travel because I'd imagine the vast majority of passengers are either going from A to B or returning from B back to A within a relatively short span of time, but with cargo I don't get it. What good is produced at A, shipped to and sold or put into use at B, then returned to it's place of production in A at some point?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Redd

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:35 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
TSS wrote:
Cruise ships are apparently notorious polluters and they only move people from Point A the long way round back to Point A.

Isn't that what buses and cars do?

At least cruises are moving cities so it's understandable that they would require more power to move around.

No.

People need to get to work and back and transportation is necessary. Cruises are not, they are a totally needless activity. Who the hell wants to be locked up with 4000 people drinking mediocre drinks, watching shitty entertainment, eating in mediocre restaurants anyways. How badly does your life have to suck? I might get flamed for this but seriously? The only thing nearly as bad is all-inclusive resorts where people go to drink non stop, paddle food into their mouths and beach themselves by the pool all day. Have people no imagination?

The world can do without cruise ships. Learn to sail, rent a sailing yacht. :duck:

Apropos climate change, if we went all nuclear where renewables were not possible, especially with the new liquid metal cooled and sodium-cooled reactors which are super safe and can use depleted uranium and run at more than 90% efficiency...... and stopped eating meat, we'd have no more problems with CO'2 emissions or global warming. As everything associated with meat production comes somewhere close to 40-45% of CO2 emissions, and energy production is quite a big one as well. We could even probably have guilt free cruises for those so inclined.

slider

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:40 pm

We only have 12 years to live!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

casinterest

Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:52 pm

slider wrote:
We only have 12 years to live!

Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

There is a chance( slim to 0) that it could be Sept 9 , 2019.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/06/world/as ... index.html
Where ever you go, there you are.

WildcatYXU

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:24 pm

TSS wrote:
WildcatYXU wrote:
TSS wrote:

I get the point you're making with regard to air travel because I'd imagine the vast majority of passengers are either going from A to B or returning from B back to A within a relatively short span of time, but with cargo I don't get it. What good is produced at A, shipped to and sold or put into use at B, then returned to it's place of production in A at some point?

What I'm talking about is the is the perceived "necessary" travel or shipping. So applying the logic of bashing the cruise ships as unnecessary travel, we could say the same about vacation travel. Why travel south? One should stay home for vacation. And why vacation? One should shut up and work! VFR travel? Same thing. Why did you move away when you want to meet your relatives? Use Skype!
Cargo? Same story. Actually, not the same. Not the same by a long shot. I'm getting a bit serious here. For example, The Netherlands exports 9 billion Euros worth of flowers and trees yearly. Why? Why to spend non renewable resources on transporting cut flowers? Another example, beer export. Why do we need to transport a product that's 95% water and the mass produced stuff is tasteless regardless of the country of origin? Why supermarkets in southern Ontario have to sell carrots from China? Or why is so difficult in the country with the longest shore line in the world to find frozen fish that wasn't packaged in China?
So if we are going to criticize the cruise ships, we should look elsewhere too. Or we can just admit that cruises are the favourite way of spending their vacation for many people. Not my cup of coffee, but who am I to pass judgement?
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

ER757

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:26 pm

johns624 wrote:

I'm in a similar demographic (got you by a few years) and yeah, we will be gone before the worst of the effects are felt. But I do have nieces/nephews who will be around for a long time (hopefully) and I do have compassion for them.

In response to the OP's question - one of the effects will be countries going to war over water rights. As snowpacks in some of the great mountain ranges decline, countries farther downstream of the major rivers fed by these ranges will get less and less water - they'll fight with the upstream countries for a bigger slice of the pie. There are small-scale conflicts of this sort already, wait until it becomes life-threatening for the downstream countries........

Magog

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:08 pm

Most people when they travel don’t drag a city with them. That’s one reason why cruises are worse than other methods of travel.

sierrakilo44

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:11 pm

NoTime wrote:

Here's a good start https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/10/30/ ... edictions/

Hint - No one knows, but everyone likes to make dire predictions that rarely pan out.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Both sources written by authors who are not qualified in climate science and receive funding from fossil fuel companies. They are both cranks feeding out nonsense to people who cannot come to terms with the scientifically established truth.

johns624 wrote:

Well is it any surprise then why the latest popular movement to do something about it is being led by a 16 year old and school aged children walking out of classes to protest? They’ll be the ones to live with the consequences of today’s actions.

You probably think these youngsters should stay in school and study? If that’s the case maybe some of our climate denying politicians should be forced to take some high school science classes and learn the basic science about this issue, because they sure don’t say andything educated on the topic.

jetwet1

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 pm

It's interesting reading a lot of the answers here.

My take..

In the end mother nature will yet again show how weak and puny humans really are....It will not be fun for those who live through it and the few that survive....

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:35 pm

SK44,

Perhaps a substantive argument is in order.

noviorbis77

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:51 pm

We’ll have to adapt.

Most people in the developed world seem unwilling to make significant sacrifice and no elected government would make draconian legislation that’ll see them voted out at the next election.

Aaron747

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
SK44,

Perhaps a substantive argument is in order.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/GranthamInstitute/ ... d-poverty/

Lomborg is an obvious polemicist - and a sloppy academic at best if the above fact check is any indication. A thorough search reveals he has made a side career of op-eds and has no identifiable scientific papers credited to him.

What are the black marks on the Aussies I quoted from?

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:55 am

So what, he has an opinion like everyone here. Fact is, nothing, as in NOTHING is going to change. Rich countries are not about to enact changes the climate extremists want because they’ll be thrown out of office. Poor countries are not about to tell the emerging middle class that their children are going back to the rice paddies to solve the problem, if it is one, caused by the rich countries. In the end, the science, the polemicists, the e tremists on either of the argument don’t matter.

Paul Ehrlich said science and demographics meant we’d all have starved during the ‘80s. Scientists and geologists have been screaming about peak oil for a century. I’m not denying, but not believing Chicken Little to serve a political agenda with an end result of more government.

You could say I don’t care and you’d be right because it doesn’t matter.

GF

Aaron747

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:28 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
So what, he has an opinion like everyone here. Fact is, nothing, as in NOTHING is going to change. Rich countries are not about to enact changes the climate extremists want because they’ll be thrown out of office. Poor countries are not about to tell the emerging middle class that their children are going back to the rice paddies to solve the problem, if it is one, caused by the rich countries. In the end, the science, the polemicists, the e tremists on either of the argument don’t matter.

Paul Ehrlich said science and demographics meant we’d all have starved during the ‘80s. Scientists and geologists have been screaming about peak oil for a century. I’m not denying, but not believing Chicken Little to serve a political agenda with an end result of more government.

You could say I don’t care and you’d be right because it doesn’t matter.

GF

Pretty emotional - fortunately, the universe is indifferent.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:29 am

Where’s the emotion, it’s the facts.

GF

Magog

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:43 am

It’s true. Nobody wants to make sacrifices to the extent that are necessary. That’s why I’m counting on advances in technology.

KentB27

Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Gore would have said anything to make a few more bucks off of climate change. He doesn't actually care about climate change. All he cares about is the millions and millions of dollars he's made talking about it.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:25 am

KentB27 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Gore would have said anything to make a few more bucks off of climate change. He doesn't actually care about climate change. All he cares about is the millions and millions of dollars he's made talking about it.

When I see people, Al Gore to that bar tending idiot from NYC, actually change their behaviors I’ll believe that THEY believe in climate change. Right now, it is just another hammer for their political agenda.

Classa64

Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:15 pm

caliboy93 wrote:

Not a scenario, but the bogus Carbon tax I have to pay now seems to be a result.

As usual in situations like this the worst offenders are doing little to curb there output such as China being the worst and the rest of us have to deal with it , so instead of taxing me for driving a civic and recycling maybe get you money from the country that's the worst.

C.
"Freedom is the miles i'm rolling on"

blueflyer

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:19 pm

DL717 wrote:
That said, if someone built their house on the sand, that’s their stupid.

Everyone is in favor of denying FEMA and other emergency and disaster relief benefits to homeowners on the beach or in flood zones.... until it is their home.

Every politician in Congress will still vote to authorize emergency funding because their state might be next. Except for Ted Cruz, who does vote according to his principles. Until Texas gets hit. And every other member of Congress makes him beg to get their vote for emergency funding for Texas...

Written from a home safe from any-but-biblical flooding. Tornadoes, on the other hand...
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

steveinbc

Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:53 pm

Regardless of ones belief in climate change, It seems to me that pumping billions of CO2 into the year annually, disposing the equivalent of 332 plastic bottles per second (yes per second) into our oceans etc. Is not sensible behaviour. Maybe if we focused on that we could deal with the issue more effectively. Ultimately unregulated industry, over population, and over farming/fishing are at the roots of what must change.
A319 320 321 330 340 380 B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 BAe1-11 Trident 1, 2, 3B Viscount Lancaster VC10 HS748, ATP DHC-1, 3 Dash-8 Dash-400 Shorts 330 360 Embraer Banderiante Brasileria 175 190 BAe146 Saab 200 DC-3 -8 -9 -10 MD-11 ATR42-72

Aaron747

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Classa64 wrote:
caliboy93 wrote:

Not a scenario, but the bogus Carbon tax I have to pay now seems to be a result.

As usual in situations like this the worst offenders are doing little to curb there output such as China being the worst and the rest of us have to deal with it , so instead of taxing me for driving a civic and recycling maybe get you money from the country that's the worst.

C.

China is only the worst offender with rare earths mining and coal emissions. There are even worse offenders on the planet - Indonesia and Brazil are clear-cutting rainforest like it's going out of style - and that action alone is the largest driver of human impact according to most researchers now. Massive reduction in rainforest ground cover will alter rainfall and climate patterns throughout South America and SE Asia, and drastically reduce natural CO2 absorption.

Aaron747

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:34 pm

steveinbc wrote:
Regardless of ones belief in climate change, It seems to me that pumping billions of CO2 into the year annually, disposing the equivalent of 332 plastic bottles per second (yes per second) into our oceans etc. Is not sensible behaviour. Maybe if we focused on that we could deal with the issue more effectively. Ultimately unregulated industry, over population, and over farming/fishing are at the roots of what must change.

Overpopulation is definitely a major issue. Anywhere GDP per capita has increased even incrementally, people are breeding like the plague just ended. It's absolutely crazy. In an ideal world, there would be a 15-year moratorium on new humans just so we could get a handle on some shit.

KentB27

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:59 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
When I see people, Al Gore to that bar tending idiot from NYC, actually change their behaviors I’ll believe that THEY believe in climate change. Right now, it is just another hammer for their political agenda.

Exactly. Politicians love to talk about issues like climate change, but what are they actually doing to combat climate change in their daily lives? Are they really practicing what they preach? I seriously doubt that most of them are. In "An Inconvenient Truth" I distinctly remember Al Gore driving around in his V8 powered Cadillac Seville that probably got about 15 mpg. I realize that it's an old film these days, but if climate change is so alarming to him then he shouldn't be driving a gas guzzling vehicle like that. How much pollution do you think the private jets he flew around in to talk about climate change all over the world caused?

N14AZ

Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:26 pm

aviationaware wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Good. The sooner everyone comes to that realization, the better will we all be off. Now the next thing you should realize is that any meddling with the atmosphere is a pipedream

Is it?

It is already been discussed:

In the OECD Environmental Outlook to 2050 released at the 2011 United Nations Climate Change Conference, the authors commented on the need for negative emissions, stating "Achieving lower concentration targets (450 ppm) depends significantly on the use of BECCS".

BECCS = Bio-energy with carbon capture and storage

Another source claims that even 1.5 degrees celcius cannot be achieved without negative emissions, i.e. carbon capture and storage.

Several technologies have already been developed:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_ ... nd_storage

It will be expensive for all of us... similar to all the dams that will have to be built or extended. I am convinced we will see a combination of both, adaptations (higher dams) and mitigation (reduction of emissions, supported by negative emissions through carbon capture and storage).

NoTime

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:12 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Here's a good start https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/10/30/ ... edictions/

Both sources written by authors who are not qualified in climate science and receive funding from fossil fuel companies. They are both cranks feeding out nonsense to people who cannot come to terms with the scientifically established truth.

Yeah? The IPCC? NOAA? NASA? The BBC? Rutgers University? Those are the people not qualified in climate science? The website just provides links to reports, from those sources, which contradict global warming claims.