BN747
Topic Author

NYPD Apologizes for Stonewall

Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 am

NYPD’s Stonewall Apology Welcome in Ugly LGBT Pride Month Which Has Shown Why Pride Is So Necessary
https://www.thedailybeast.com/nypds-sto ... y?ref=home

If you're clueless. Stonewall is the name of the (brutal police raid on) Gay bar and the seminal event launching the modern day Gay Rights Movement.

Long past overdue with a long list of things they need to atone for!

..and then we have some Chuckleheads trying start a 'Straight Pride'movement, oh the centuries of hetero oppression!!!

...don't they know that's all the Church's fault?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

stl07

Re: NYPD Apologizes for Stonewall

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:52 am

Awesome news. Yeah, I don't seem to get why a lot of people are so triggered by pride month. It's funny though because they are usually the first to call others triggered.

Also, what is it with you against Christians in every post made. Yes, there is a bottom 5% of the westboro type but the other 95 percent aren't like that. Don't let the actions of some determine the characteristics of the majority
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

Aesma

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:10 am

I'm not a conservative snowflake, far from it, but isn't a month a bit long ? Same with black history month. Are there other months like that ?

Go for a week, maybe ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

seb146

Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm not a conservative snowflake, far from it, but isn't a month a bit long ? Same with black history month. Are there other months like that ?

Go for a week, maybe ?

There are things we are just now able to talk about. The Upstairs Lounge massacre, the early years of the AIDS crisis, the fact that some areas still allow discrimination based on LGBTQ status....

As with Latinos, Natives, Blacks we are everywhere. We need a whole month to keep reminding people we are still fighting for equality.

Besides, different cities celebrate on different days. I think San Francisco and Seattle are the same day but Portland is Father's Day? Oakland has a Pride Parade in like October.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

TSS

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:20 am

seb146 wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Go for a week, maybe ?

There are things we are just now able to talk about. The Upstairs Lounge massacre,

Until Seb mentioned it, I was not aware of the Upstairs Lounge arson attack. Here's the Wiki page that is absolutely worth reading- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UpStairs_Lounge_arson_attack
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Dieuwer

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Talk is cheap. Meaningless apologies even more so. Let's start with paying reparations to those who where badly hurt. Then come back with your "apologies".
And if they needed to wait 50 years to do so, perhaps send those fascist cops involved to 50 years in prison.

Pi7472000

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Aesma wrote:

Go for a week, maybe ?

A month is too short since everday in the U.S. is heterosexual pride day! We should have Pride month for 365 days a year to at least be equal!