UAUA
Topic Author

Cunard Queen's Grill VS Crystal VS Seven Seas Regents VS Silverseas. Which is the best?

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:31 am

Cunard Queen's Grill VS Crystal VS Seven Seas Regents VS Silverseas. Which is the best?

I heard that Cunard Queen's Grill Q1 is still cheaper than the best cabins on Seven Seas Regents and Silverseas. Is that true?
My former profile name was United Airline.

UAUA
Topic Author

Comments on Cunard Cruises?

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 am

Any comments? The food, drinks, service etc?

I have been on the QE2 as well as the QM2 and the new QE. I have tried Princess Grill as well as Britannia Restaurant and they were great. But that was back in 2014. Any recent experiences?

OA260

Re: Cunard Queen's Grill VS Crystal VS Seven Seas Regents VS Silverseas. Which is the best?

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:24 am

I did Cunard Q1 with my Mum and we loved it. If its space you want then you cant go wrong but it depends what grade of suite you are comparing to on the other lines. Crystal and Silversea are great brands too with Silversea being a nice luxury small ship experience. So you would need to factor in size of ship and compare like for like the suite sizes.

If you are getting a great deal with Cunard though you cant go wrong.

UAUA
Topic Author

Re: Cunard Queen's Grill VS Crystal VS Seven Seas Regents VS Silverseas. Which is the best?

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:42 am

Cunard is slightly cheaper?

aviationaware

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Cunard has this ghastly dress code though. Do the other high class cruise lines have that as well?

readytotaxi

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I quite like a Code of Dress, this is the standard we require to enjoy this experience in this particular place, you are free to choose to participate or not.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

OA260

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:03 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Cunard has this ghastly dress code though. Do the other high class cruise lines have that as well?

Cunard is for those that enjoy a more formal experience but that dress code is not every night. They relaxed it a bit and even on formal nights you can choose to dine at the buffet and wear non formal. Other lines have a variety of dress codes including formal.

jetwet1

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:32 pm

aviationaware wrote:

The dress code really isn't that hard to work with and when it comes down to it, it is more of a pain for women then men, on our 7 day trans Atlantic I made do with 2 suits, 1 tux and a few shirts, the wife on the other hand had a field day shopping for new evening gowns........That ended up costing way more than the voyage.

Okay, let me try and answer both your question regarding Cunard etc

As I said, we were on the QM2 this past December doing a trans Atlantic. In the past we have also been on Crystal and SIlverseas, as well as Seabourne and Seadream, never on Regent.

We were in a standard cabin, however, I guess somewhere in the Carnival PLC computer system I am flagged due to my companies spending habits with Carnival PLC as we were invited to use various parts of the Queens grill system.

Here is what I will say, the Queens grill is nice, but the other lines listed are clearly a large step above the Queens grill. The service level is not even close, the soft product is a better quality, the food I will get to in a minute.

Now again, for comparable prices you will get a larger cabin on Cunard, however, while the bed is fantastic (in our regular old Britannia balcony cabin) the rest of the product is very last generation.

TV's are not on demand, furnishings reminded me of Carnival with a different wood stain and fabric pattern, though again the bed is fantastic.

Service is good, the food.....Hmmmm, here is the thing, we only ate once in the Queens grill, the rest of the time in the main dining room as we happened to get lucky and had some great tables mates, but the word the keeps coming to mind is ordinary, there was nothing that jumped out at me as an amazing dish, however there wasn't anything that was bad.

The food on any of the other lines is superior in every way.

One thing I will say, Silversea and Seadream were more laid back than Crystal, there was a certain "old money" feeling on board, though I probably didn't help matters as we were sat with a bunch of Trump supporters on the first night and it didn't go down very well when the wife let her feelings be known.