MaverickM11
Topic Author

Trump would protect Kim Jong Un from the CIA

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:02 pm

Another bee-yoo-tee-ful letter from one of the world's most ruthless despots to Trump, and another admission Trump would side with the despot against the US.

"“I did receive a beautiful letter from Kim Jong Un ... I appreciated the letter,” Trump said. “I saw the information about the CIA with respect to his brother, or half-brother. And I would tell him that would not happen under my auspices.”"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1TC256
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dutchy

Re: Trump would protect Kim Jong Un from the CIA

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Just shakes my head, nothing unexpected though and that might be most shocking.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

stl07

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Just shakes my head, nothing unexpected though and that might be most shocking.

Exactly. That's the sad part is that it's nothing unexpected. And now we will have some of the same people come in and "clarify" or "but Obama/Clinton" the situation.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

einsteinboricua

Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Waiting to hear from the "But Obama/Clinton" brigade...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Magog

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 pm

He might just be protecting sources. There isn’t enough information to really know.

Spar

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Magog wrote:
He might just be protecting sources. There isn’t enough information to really know.

He also might be negotiating a Trump Tower site in Pyongyang. There isn’t enough information to really know.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

He also might be negotiating a Trump Tower site in Pyongyang. There isn’t enough information to really know.

We only have 40-50 years of information and history to go on so it's a bit too soon to judge. I'm sure it's tertally legit. :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

afcjets

Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

Of course he is, he has all but said that. Personally I would rather them have a Trump tower than nuclear weapons.

sw733

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:44 am

Would any Trump supporters explain how this isn't absolutely bonkers? I just don't understand how any American could side with him on this.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:15 am

You all should really charge Trump for all the time he spends in your heads! Really, ignore the BS, take your kids to the park, watch FlightAware or visit a strip club for God sakes. Life is too short to spend it worrying about Trump.

BTW, he was murdered while Trump was president, so apparently, Trump didn’t any such thing.

The absolutely worst thing he has personally done to anyone here is increase their 401k accounts?

Magog

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:34 am

sw733 wrote:
Would any Trump supporters explain how this isn't absolutely bonkers? I just don't understand how any American could side with him on this.

He may be protecting an asset.

johnboy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:53 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
You all should really charge Trump for all the time he spends in your heads! Really, ignore the BS, take your kids to the park, watch FlightAware or visit a strip club for God sakes. Life is too short to spend it worrying about Trump.

BTW, he was murdered while Trump was president, so apparently, Trump didn’t any such thing.

The absolutely worst thing he has personally done to anyone here is increase their 401k accounts?

To those that wonder why anyone could side with Trump, I give you Exhibit B (S).

I would say why any American but I’m pretty sure none of these people are American.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:38 am

johnboy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

To those that wonder why anyone could side with Trump, I give you Exhibit B (S).

I would say why any American but I’m pretty sure none of these people are American.

I’m not a Trumpist, I just don’t get how worked up people get over trivia.

ltbewr

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:51 am

Just when your think Trump couldn't be any worse, yep, he gets worse. I have no respect for Donald Trump, never had, and only the most minimal legal acknowledgment he is the President. Stuff like this, his ignorance, his arrogance, his narcissism, his improper behaviors, racism, anti-Islamic, anti-immigrant attitudes, only caring about his ego and not for the country just makes me angry and frustrated he may be in office until Jan. 2020 or longer.

BN747

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:04 am

afcjets wrote:
Spar wrote:
Magog wrote:

Of course he is, he has all but said that. Personally I would rather them have a Trump tower than nuclear weapons.

Oh yeah, that go over like a lead balloon.

Skit:
The Traitor President: "Hey Little Kim, how about I give you a trump Tower in exchange for your nuclear arsenal"
The Little Dictator: Hmmm gee...that sounds like a fair trade (pause)...NOT!!! GTFOH! ...and You Fatter than Me! And Orange! Not yellow, not white...but Orange, you;re weird!"

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Here's the prime Example of what the above comment really meant to push ...

1) "You people worry too much, there really is NO Russian threat, NO criminal conduct, NO corruption, NO flaunting Laws, Nothing to notice in this WH. Now go do something much much unimportant than caring about ethics, America's global prestige - leave it to the people in power...YOU can TRUST them. Trust ME, I know."

NOT

2) The Nation is beyond repair as far as unity is concerned, we need to retool our leadership to reflect US and get things done, the current state of American political landscape is at it's most ripe for corruption to run completely amok and steal everything not nailed down....from the American public.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:22 am

BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Spar wrote:

Skit:
The Traitor President: "Hey Little Kim, how about I give you a trump Tower in exchange for your nuclear arsenal"
The Little Dictator: Hmmm gee...that sounds like a fair trade (pause)...NOT!!! GTFOH! ...and You Fatter than Me! And Orange! Not yellow, not white...but Orange, you;re weird!"

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

1) "You people worry too much, there really is NO Russian threat, NO criminal conduct, NO corruption, NO flaunting Laws, Nothing to notice in this WH. Now go do something much much unimportant than caring about ethics, America's global prestige - leave it to the people in power...YOU can TRUST them. Trust ME, I know."

NOT

2) The Nation is beyond repair as far as unity is concerned, we need to retool our leadership to reflect US and get things done, the current state of American political landscape is at it's most ripe for corruption to run completely amok and steal everything not nailed down....from the American public.

BN747

No, my point is, don’t take Trump seriously or literally. He’s a buffoon, but so have other presidents been likewise. The Republic will survive. Spending your life worrying about pols is a serious waste.

All but one state’s legislature (Minnesota being the exception) is held exclusively by one party of the other. We are intensely divided, that’s a fact. The Federal government has swung back and forth between both parties since the fall of communism, that’s a demonstration of our divisions which are t being addressed by either party. The problem is the expectation politics will fix these divisions.

As to your number 1: politicians are ALWAYS looking out for their careers, like every other sentient American does. Dividing the body poltic, robbing Peter to pay Paul is their means of advancing their careers. Of course there’s corruption, criminal conduct in office, flaunting laws. Politicians do it all the time and numbers of them have gone to jail for it while others have escaped judgement. See the Brothers Bulger in Massachusetts, a number of the governors in Illinois, for starters. I do MOT want any if them with power, devolve the power where it belongs—to sovereign citizens who can earn and spend their money at their discretion, attend local governments, vote locally. Do NOT trust me, but do NOT trust a politician whose incentives are not aligned with your goals.

You’re on record as believing the US should run the world, I disagree. As John Quincy
Adams said,

“America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy.”

BN747

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:39 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
BN747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Skit:

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

NOT

BN747

No, my point is, don’t take Trump seriously or literally. He’s a buffoon, but so have other presidents been likewise. The Republic will survive. Spending your life worrying about pols is a serious waste.

All but one state’s legislature (Minnesota being the exception) is held exclusively by one party of the other. We are intensely divided, that’s a fact. The Federal government has swung back and forth between both parties since the fall of communism, that’s a demonstration of our divisions which are t being addressed by either party. The problem is the expectation politics will fix these divisions.

As to your number 1: politicians are ALWAYS looking out for their careers, like every other sentient American does. Of course there’s corruption, criminal conduct in office, flaunting laws. Politicians do it all the time and numbers of them have gone to jail for it while others have escaped judgement. See the Brothers Bulger in Massachusetts, a number of the governors in Illinois, for starters. I do MOT want any if them with power, devolve the power where it belongs—to sovereign citizens who can earn and spend their money at their discretion, attend local governments, vote locally. Do NOT trust me, but do NOT trust a politician whose incentives are not aligned with your goals.

You’re on record as believing the US should run the world, I disagree. As John Quincy
Adams said,

Good thing we aren't in John Quincy Adams' day/era...we just might have to seek out the monsters.

You completely distorted my 'America Lead' theme approach...and on purpose I suspect.

I merely state that America's political platform (human rights, etc) are indeed the LEAD to be followed - meaning we are the Leaders to follow - OR name your choice.

But make no mistake...someone WILL.

As for self-serving politicians, you're kidding yourself if you think that you just 'informed me of something new'...and you are also kidding yourself if you think for one minute that there is any other method available to humans to govern and police themselves - there ISN'T!

Humans are flawed, temperament, easily frightened, panicky animals...they need guidance, leadership. They depend on it.

And you calling our Chunky, lying president 'a buffoon'? Weren't you like his #3 A.net supporter just a few weeks ago????

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:57 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

He praises dictators and the economy is showing signs of slowing. Gloat about your 401k when we see the true scope of his business prowess....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Aaron747

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:54 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

No POTUS gets credit for that - investors and the hard working Americans making the economy hum do.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Aesma

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Yeah for example when the USSR had to admit the Chernobyl catastrophe (they didn't call it that), they immediately mentioned Three Mile Island and other accidents, as if Chernobyl was almost routine.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

sw733

Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Magog wrote:
sw733 wrote:

That wasn't my question. My question wasn't "why is Trump doing this?" but rather "how is anyone defending Trump doing this?"

afcjets

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

No POTUS gets credit for that - investors and the hard working Americans making the economy hum do.

Right, like when the market skyrocketed once Hillary (Obama's third term) and Trump won. Investors and hard working Americans didn't lower the corporate tax rate to compete with other countries, make America more of an oil exporter than importer (and lower the price of fuel), bring back manufacturing jobs which Obama said were never coming back, lower your taxes, etc. other than voting for Trump. But let's give Obama credit or say no President has control over the economy. Also the trade war is Trump's fault but when he wins we can once again thank Obama.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:52 pm

afcjets wrote:
But let's give Obama credit or say no President has control over the economy.

As if Trump inherited a depression and turned it around in a month. Of course, we wouldn't know with distorting Fox News graphics and constant blares from Trump at how the economy was collapsing, how the unemployment rate was close to 42%, and how the Fed was keeping rates low intentionally to help Obama.

Obama apparently had control over oil prices when they went up but it was the free market when it collapsed. When Bush was president, he was praised for low prices but exonerated when oil peaked (because it was the free market).

Unemployment began a steady decline during the Obama years. He apparently didn't have control. Trump comes in, the pace continues, and "OH MY GOD IT'S THE TRUMP ECONOMY!!".

Stock market skyrocketed under Obama, but that wasn't an indicator of the overall economy. Stock market continues to climb under Trump (though it's stalled since) and "OMG! BEST ECONOMY EVER!!".

afcjets wrote:
Also the trade war is Trump's fault but when he wins we can once again thank Obama.

Yes. The farmers are winning so much that bailouts have to be authorized for them (not counting the floods from the totally normal weather patterns we've had). The factory workers are winning so much that plants continue to shut down or lay off workers due to automation (you know, because factories need more tax breaks). Tell me you don't believe that tariffs are "replenishing the Treasure coffers" because if you do, I have a forest in Libya I'd like to sell to you.

jetwet1

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Brought to us by the folks that proclaimed North Korea part of the axis of evil....

Remember folks, dictators who starve their people are good folks.....

FFS seriously, I mean is this a game where Trump is trying to figure out what he has to say so he won't have to go through another 4 years ???

Magog

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:32 pm

sw733 wrote:
Magog wrote:
sw733 wrote:

That wasn't my question. My question wasn't "why is Trump doing this?" but rather "how is anyone defending Trump doing this?"

Nobody should be condemning him or applauding him for doing this. That is because we just don’t know what is going on behind the scenes. The only thing we know for certain is that nobody on this forum has enough information to make an informed opinion one way or the other. Of course that never stopped anyone.

afcjets

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
afcjets wrote:
But let's give Obama credit or say no President has control over the economy.

As if Trump inherited a depression and turned it around in a month. Of course, we wouldn't know with distorting Fox News graphics and constant blares from Trump at how the economy was collapsing, how the unemployment rate was close to 42%, and how the Fed was keeping rates low intentionally to help Obama.

Obama apparently had control over oil prices when they went up but it was the free market when it collapsed. When Bush was president, he was praised for low prices but exonerated when oil peaked (because it was the free market).

Unemployment began a steady decline during the Obama years. He apparently didn't have control. Trump comes in, the pace continues, and "OH MY GOD IT'S THE TRUMP ECONOMY!!".

Stock market skyrocketed under Obama, but that wasn't an indicator of the overall economy. Stock market continues to climb under Trump (though it's stalled since) and "OMG! BEST ECONOMY EVER!!".

afcjets wrote:
Also the trade war is Trump's fault but when he wins we can once again thank Obama.

Yes. The farmers are winning so much that bailouts have to be authorized for them (not counting the floods from the totally normal weather patterns we've had). The factory workers are winning so much that plants continue to shut down or lay off workers due to automation (you know, because factories need more tax breaks). Tell me you don't believe that tariffs are "replenishing the Treasure coffers" because if you do, I have a forest in Libya I'd like to sell to you.

Barring right after 9/11, the economy under Bush who I didn't vote for (him or his dad) was fine for 7.5 of 8 years, except for a time when gas was too high (not the $5 per gallon Obama wanted though) Naturally the economy is going to go up after a near depression, and Obama deserves credit for overseeing the slowest recovery in our nation's history.

You are confirming what I said about the trade war, it's Trump's fault until we win.

TWA772LR

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:05 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

I'll drink to this post.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Spar

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:51 pm

afcjets wrote:
Naturally the economy is going to go up after a near depression

The question here is: are you trying to lie to us or are you lying to yourself? Or is this really an example of your understanding of economics?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:13 pm

afcjets wrote:
Obama deserves credit for overseeing the slowest recovery in our nation's history.

....which is continuing to this day, virtually unchanged, and that's *with* the tax scam, and millions more without healthcare. When will it get faster, pray tell?
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:41 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

As to your number 1: politicians are ALWAYS looking out for their careers, like every other sentient American does. Dividing the body poltic, robbing Peter to pay Paul is their means of advancing their careers. Of course there’s corruption, criminal conduct in office, flaunting laws. Politicians do it all the time and numbers of them have gone to jail for it while others have escaped judgement. See the Brothers Bulger in Massachusetts, a number of the governors in Illinois, for starters. I do MOT want any if them with power, devolve the power where it belongs—to sovereign citizens who can earn and spend their money at their discretion, attend local governments, vote locally. Do NOT trust me, but do NOT trust a politician whose incentives are not aligned with your goals.

Adams said,

First of all, we had to spend eight years listeining to the right whine and complain about how Obama destroyed the country. Every. Single. Day. OMG!!! HE IS WEARING A TAN SUIT!! IT IS THE END OF THE REPUBLIC!! OMG!!! HE WANTS AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE FOR ALL!!! IT IS THE END OF THE REPUBLIC!! OMG!! HE IS MEETING WITH PAKISTANI LEADERS!! IT IS THE END OF THE REPUBLIC!! OMG!!! HE IS USING DIJON MUSTARD!! IT IS THE END OF THE REPUBLIC!! Even today we have to hear how Obama is still to blame. Two years after he left office.

As far as your Adams quote, that does not explain the right demanding the invasion and occupation of Iraq and "training" exercises near Iran and Libya and Syria.

None of that excuses the fact that individual number one defends and supports and gushes over dictators. Not the people of those countries but the leader who executes or disappears political opponents. Something Republicans seem to also support.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
....which is continuing to this day, virtually unchanged, and that's *with* the tax scam, and millions more without healthcare. When will it get faster, pray tell?

Watch out. He's likely gonna say "it could be faster if Democrats cooperated instead of obstructing"...because, you know, holding Congress for 4 years (2 under Obama and 2 under Trump) wasn't enough for the GOP to come up with sensible actions that could gather bipartisan support, ramming everything through reconciliation instead.

910A

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
No, my point is, don’t take Trump seriously or literally. He’s a buffoon, but so have other presidents been likewise. ”

Humor me, since 1950 in your opinion have we had a buffoon for president before Trump?

If not who do you consider our last buffoon president?

johnboy

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:14 am

910A wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
No, my point is, don’t take Trump seriously or literally. He’s a buffoon, but so have other presidents been likewise. ”

Humor me, since 1950 in your opinion have we had a buffoon for president before Trump?

If not who do you consider our last buffoon president?

Oh , *now* he’s a buffoon. ;)

I used to get riled up at people here who had the audacity to defend the indefensible. Then they opened up their pieholes enough for me to realize: 1) there’s a serious mental deficiency occurring; 2) they’re so amoral as to render themselves shockingly out of touch with the human race; or 3) their lives are so uninspiring that trolling is the only meaningful contact they have with others.

Thoughts and prayers to them all. :wave: