stratosphere
Topic Author

Jon Stewart slams congress

Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:58 pm

I don't always agree with Jon Stewart or agree with his politics but listened to him address the house judiciary committee during an appeal to pass reauthorizing the bill to provide benefits and health care to sick firefighters and other first responders after the 9/11 attacks he was spot on. I have no doubt in my mind that 9/11 claimed far more victims than the initial attack through being exposed to toxins. I graduated HS with a guy who became an FBI agent and was tasked with going though the debris from the attack that had been moved to a landfill and came down with stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma and died in 2011 at age 46 and he is not the only one. Typical of politicians plenty of platitudes to go around like "never forget" but in the end they are all self serving bastards. I don't even know why I bother voting it's not like it makes a difference.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jon ... 21185.html

casinterest

Re: Jon Stewart slams congress

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Good article on what happened to the fund.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-reduce-payouts ... 51934.html

7 billion sounds like a lot, but when treatments run into the hundreds of thousands it is not enough to cover the claims of these responders.

Let that sink in for a bit.

We owe it to ourselves to pay out these claims, and to find ways going forward to ensure that we have affordable healthcare for ALL.
Where ever you go, there you are.

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:13 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I don't always agree with Jon Stewart or agree with his politics but listened to him address the house judiciary committee during an appeal to pass reauthorizing the bill to provide benefits and health care to sick firefighters and other first responders after the 9/11 attacks he was spot on. I have no doubt in my mind that 9/11 claimed far more victims than the initial attack through being exposed to toxins. I graduated HS with a guy who became an FBI agent and was tasked with going though the debris from the attack that had been moved to a landfill and came down with stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma and died in 2011 at age 46 and he is not the only one. Typical of politicians plenty of platitudes to go around like "never forget" but in the end they are all self serving bastards. I don't even know why I bother voting it's not like it makes a difference.

Jon Stewart is a liberal shill. I’ll never watch or listen to a single thing that he does. He built his career on bashing Republicans daily. The only take away possible from anything that he does is that whatever it is is designed to “get Trump” and the Republicans. No serious person trying to solve any problem would have him be the face of the solution.

Mike Drop

Airontario

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:15 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Jon Stewart is a liberal shill. I’ll never watch or listen to a single thing that he does. He built his career on bashing Republicans daily. The only take away possible from anything that he does is that whatever it is is designed to “get Trump” and the Republicans. No serious person trying to solve any problem would have him be the face of the solution.

Mike Drop

Good for you.

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
Good article on what happened to the fund.

https://news.yahoo.com/u-reduce-payouts ... 51934.html

7 billion sounds like a lot, but when treatments run into the hundreds of thousands it is not enough to cover the claims of these responders.

Let that sink in for a bit.

We owe it to ourselves to pay out these claims, and to find ways going forward to ensure that we have affordable healthcare for ALL.

I guess one would have to watch for fraud which I am sure happens in any government funded liability issue but even if all were legit like you said long term health care for a chronic issue like cancer is astronomical.

stratosphere
Topic Author

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:19 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Mike Drop

Pretty much agree with your statement but in this case I have no issues. Jon Stewart and his wife also have an animal sanctuary so that's also cool..

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:47 pm

stratosphere wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Mike Drop

Pretty much agree with your statement but in this case I have no issues. Jon Stewart and his wife also have an animal sanctuary so that's also cool..

Perhaps, but it’s pretty predictable that if he is testifying few Republicans will show up. Why would they? The organizers knew this and are playing it for maximum effect. The Democrats are using the victims of 911 for political gain. Shameful, yet not surprising.

Mike Drop

910A

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Perhaps, but it’s pretty predictable that if he is testifying few Republicans will show up. Why would they? The organizers knew this and are playing it for maximum effect. The Democrats are using the victims of 911 for political gain. Shameful, yet not surprising.

Mike Drop

Oh please..as a retired first responder we sometimes had to go into hell to do our jobs and that's what the community expected. In this case the scare shitless first responders in this case, who had no idea what they were facing in terms of hazards, should have their medical bills paid for life. It's called workers compensation. The Republican Congressman Johnson from Louisiana insulted the entire first responder community with his comment "we have other priorities and other emergencies to deal with".

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:04 pm

910A wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Mike Drop

Oh please..as a retired first responder we sometimes had to go into hell to do our jobs and that's what the community expected. In this case the scare shitless first responders in this case, who had no idea what they were facing in terms of hazards, should have their medical bills paid for life. It's called workers compensation. The Republican Congressman Johnson from Louisiana insulted the entire first responder community with his comment "we have other priorities and other emergencies to deal with".

Thank you for making my point. You have turned this into a partisan issue in order to build support for your political agenda.

And, why would I believe anything you say on an Internet forum? It’s as if the liberals in this country expect us to forget the last three years of abuse by the left. All you did by bringing up this jerk (Stewart) is remind us that you did it for eight years from 2000 to 2008 and then gave a pass to Obama for eight years. Spare us your crocodile tears.

Mike Drop

jetwet1

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:08 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Mike Drop

MikeDrop wrote:
And, why would I believe anything you say on an Internet forum? It’s as if the liberals in this country expect us to forget the last three years of abuse by the left. All you did by bringing up this jerk (Stewart) is remind us that you did it for eight years from 2000 to 2008 and then gave a pass to Obama for eight years. Spare us your crocodile tears.

Mike Drop

Oh bull, John Stewart has been speak out about this subject for many many years.

So what you are saying is a liberal shill lambasted a group of Dems for not standing up for the first responder ?

Maybe, just maybe, for once, you can put politics aside and actually stand up for what is right ?

Actually, you know, welcome to the first place on my ignored list.....
Last edited by jetwet1 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

petertenthije

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Jon Stewart is a liberal shill ... The only take away possible from anything that he does is that whatever it is is designed to “get Trump” and the Republicans.
Boy, aren't you a big tough guy.

Look, there is no denying that Stewart is left of center on the US political spectrum. But he is not just attacking Trump. Earlier this year he said, and I quote: "The Trump justice department is doing an excellent job administrating this program. The claims are going through faster and the awards are coming through."

I know you won't believe it untill you see it, so watch below clip from 0:55. You only need to watch for 10 seconds or so. I am sure a tough guy like you can handle watching Stewart for 10 seconds.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment ... vp-BBUpNzO

Also, Stewart has been pushing for the Zadroga act for years. First to get it approved, then to get it funded and, now he is pushing to get it refunded.
Attamottamotta!

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:31 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Mike Drop

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Oh bull, John Stewart has been speak out about this subject for many many years.

So what you are saying is a liberal shill lambasted a group of Dems for not standing up for the first responder ?

Maybe, just maybe, for once, you can put politics aside and actually stand up for what is right ?

Actually, you know, welcome to the first place on my ignored list.....

I don’t know what he said or who he lambasted, because I’ll never waste my time listening or watching anything he does or says. All I’ve seen is the reactions in social media calling out Republicans for not attending his BS.

If the organizers of his presentation truly wanted to solve a problem they would have chosen someone with credibility to speak, not some anti-Republican comedian.

As to being number one on your ignore list. I don’t mind, and I hold you no I’ll will for it.

Mike Drop

stl07

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
910A wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Thank you for making my point. You have turned this into a partisan issue in order to build support for your political agenda.

Mike Drop

Wait so you are the one that bought politics into this discussion by talking about how he is a "liberal" but now you are upset that this has become a partisan debate?
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

LMP737

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

So you're against 9/11 first responders getting funding for their health issues.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

LMP737

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:44 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
I don’t know what he said or who he lambasted, because I’ll never waste my time listening or watching anything he does or says. All I’ve seen is the reactions in social media calling out Republicans for not attending his BS.

You admit you didn't bother to listen to what he the had to say. So where do you get off attacking him on his appearance in front of a congressional committee? If you had bothered to watch it you would have known that he did not go after any particular party. He went after every congressmen who should have been there and was not. Regardless of what party they're a member of.

MikeDrop wrote:
If the organizers of his presentation truly wanted to solve a problem they would have chosen someone with credibility to speak, not some anti-Republican comedian.

Would Dennis Miller be more to your liking?

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

LMP737 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

So you're against 9/11 first responders getting funding for their health issues.

Where did you get that idea? I certainly have never said that.

Mike Drop

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm

LMP737 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

You admit you didn't bother to listen to what he the had to say. So where do you get off attacking him on his appearance in front of a congressional committee? If you had bothered to watch it you would have known that he did not go after any particular party. He went after every congressmen who should have been there and was not. Regardless of what party they're a member of.

MikeDrop wrote:

Would Dennis Miller be more to your liking?

LOL - that is quite the reaction you have there. I don’t need to watch or listen to him. His history speaks for itself. Pretending that his presentation is a serious effort to legislate is an insult to any Republican. This exchange and fake indignation on your part shows that the Democrats achieved their goal. Shameful and sadly predictable.

Mike Drop

Dutchy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:05 pm

So basically it comes back to good health insurance. These people deserve not to have to worry about health care - everybody does, but that is another matter - these people went out to help people in their time of need, why hasn't this been taken care of, seems logical that these people got sick on the job.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Dutchy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:06 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
LOL - that is quite the reaction you have there. I don’t need to watch or listen to him. His history speaks for itself. Pretending that his presentation is a serious effort to legislate is an insult to any Republican. This exchange and fake indignation on your part shows that the Democrats achieved their goal. Shameful and sadly predictable.

Mike Drop

Don't you think this shouldn't be a political issue at all? Why make it so political? These people clearly need help, are you prepared to give it to them?

LMP737

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:07 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

You admitting that you didn't even bother to listen to what he had to say is an admission that you are afraid to leave you protective bubble of talk radio and Fox News. You're initial reaction is also an admission that you could care less about the 9-11 first responders

LMP737

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:09 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

I got that impression by you're reaction to this thread which was "John Stewart is liberal shill". Which tells me you could give hoot about them.

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:17 pm

LMP737 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

I got that impression by you're reaction to this thread which was "John Stewart is liberal shill". Which tells me you could give hoot about them.

Say that a Republican lead congress decided that a particular subject was important to the nation and wanted to bring in someone to testify about it in order to rally support from the entire nation. Then they decide to have Rush Limbaugh be the expert that they bring in. Any self respecting democrat would assume that this was not a serious attempt at a bipartisan solution that would actually make a difference.

This is exactly what has happened. Jon Stewart is divisive and toxic and no serious person would consider having him speak if they wanted to solve a problem in today’s political environment.

Mike Drop

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 pm

LMP737 wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

You admitting that you didn't even bother to listen to what he had to say is an admission that you are afraid to leave you protective bubble of talk radio and Fox News. You're initial reaction is also an admission that you could care less about the 9-11 first responders

Again LOL. You go ahead and think whatever you want to think. But if you think that after the last 3 years of toxic bullying from the left towards Republicans is going to be forgotten for one second when you put this liberal shill on the stand then you are sadly mistaken. The subject that he is speaking about may or may not be worthy, but it’s going nowhere as long as you types continue to play your dirty politics.

Mike Drop

seb146

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:31 pm

What is Jon Stewart's back story on 9/11 First Responders? Sure he is political. So what? We all are. We all also have very specific causes we are passionate about. Human trafficking, childhood hunger, animal rights, HIV/AIDS..... Attacking someone because their political opinion show does not align with your own opinions is silly, when they are testifying on something they are passionate about.

But, if you want to go down that road, Jon Stewart was/is critical of Democrats. He hated ACA. He had on right wingers and had very intelligent and thoughtful discussions with them.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Don't you think this shouldn't be a political issue at all? Why make it so political? These people clearly need help, are you prepared to give it to them?

Why would I believe anything that any of these people say? Just about a year ago they were, in the same building, accusing now Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh of drugging and gang raping multiple women based on the efforts of Michael Avanatti (who is now in jail by the way). Do you really think that bringing in this toxic A-Hole (Stewart) is going to burn through all of the remnant bad feelings and anger? No serious person would - and they didn’t. Because the entire purpose of the sham testimony was a political hit job.

Mike Drop

Dutchy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:06 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Why would I believe anything that any of these people say? Just about a year ago they were, in the same building, accusing now Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh of drugging and gang raping multiple women based on the efforts of Michael Avanatti (who is now in jail by the way). Do you really think that bringing in this toxic A-Hole (Stewart) is going to burn through all of the remnant bad feelings and anger? No serious person would - and they didn’t. Because the entire purpose of the sham testimony was a political hit job.

Mike Drop

Ok, no problem, you are biased and it clouds your judgement and you do not want to hide it.

johnboy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:21 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

He has turned it into a partisan issue? My word.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Then they decide to have Rush Limbaugh be the expert that they bring in. Any self respecting democrat would assume that this was not a serious attempt at a bipartisan solution that would actually make a difference.

What cause has Rush Limbaugh supported all throughout his career that would make him an "expert" and has bipartisan support? Go on. I'll wait.

For all the criticism that Jon Stewart has levied against Republicans, the one constant thing has been his steadfast support to this fund, which previous Congresses supported because it wasn't a Democrat-Republican issue.

MikeDrop wrote:
Why would I believe anything that any of these people say?

Why would I believe anything Republicans have to say when after several inquiries into Benghazi, they always came up empty handed? When after constant promises of "tax cuts pay for themselves" we have yet to see that materialize? When we were told that to pass the ACA or allow same sex marriage will mean the end of the US?

Two can play at that game.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Mike Drop

Ok, no problem, you are biased and it clouds your judgement and you do not want to hide it.

So I’ve gone back and watched as much of his testimony and I could stomach. It just reinforces the reality that having a hyper partisan shill be the face of an issue damages the cause.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions about my judgement and such, but I would submit to you that whoever decided to make him the face of this issue was either intentionally trying to add to the division in this country or suffers from their own naive and clouded judgement.

Mike Drop

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:59 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
I would submit to you that whoever decided to make him the face of this issue was either intentionally trying to add to the division in this country or suffers from their own naive and clouded judgement.

Except he's been the face of it since the start. Are you such a snowflake that you can't breath the same air he does?

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:22 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

So , you are just saying that Republican Representatives are lying dishonorable cowards that can't do the job they were elected to do. Then you try to blame that on Democrats. That is what is pathetic about the republican party. Pathetic losers that can't get along with anyone, or do their jobs. So they blame everyone else.

winginit

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:40 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

So I’ve gone back and watched as much of his testimony and I could stomach. It just reinforces the reality that having a hyper partisan shill be the face of an issue damages the cause.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions about my judgement and such, but I would submit to you that whoever decided to make him the face of this issue was either intentionally trying to add to the division in this country or suffers from their own naive and clouded judgement.

Mike Drop

Jon Stewart has had tremendous success bringing attention to this issue, and getting legislation passed and renewed around this issue, for years. You should applaud his successes around what is objectively an important cause.

Or just keep crying about his partisanship while ignoring the underlying cause. You do you snowflake.

MaverickM11

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:41 pm

Seems like as with everything good and decent, it's bound to be blocked or ignored by Mitch:
House panel passes 9/11 victims fund bill a day after Jon Stewart's emotional testimony
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/house- ... 0g3kz0VjUU
E pur si muove -Galileo

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:54 pm

winginit wrote:
Jon Stewart has had tremendous success bringing attention to this issue, and getting legislation passed and renewed around this issue, for years. You should applaud his successes around what is objectively an important cause.

LOL - I've never heard of any of it until they decided to make an issue of it this week. The only thing Ive ever seen him do is bash Republicans, make fun of their efforts to secure the border, and call President Trump names on twitter. Suddenly he's this noble saint who is above it all? Please, spare me.

If the left wants the right to work with them on real issues they could start by presenting someone who inst a partisan shill, who then bashes the Republicans for not attending his presentation.

Mike Drop

Scorpio

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Oh please. He didn't turn it into a partisan issue, YOU DID.

Right here:

Mike Drop

THAT, right there, is the very moment this discussion stopped being about the 9/11 first responders, and started being about partisan politics. Because of you, and ONLY because of you.

LittleFokker

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:09 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
LOL - I've never heard of any of it until they decided to make an issue of it this week. The only thing Ive ever seen him do is bash Republicans, make fun of their efforts to secure the border, and call President Trump names on twitter. Suddenly he's this noble saint who is above it all? Please, spare me.

Here's a video clip from 2010 where Stewart invited the 9/11 first responders on "The Daily Show" to talk about the Zadroga Bill. 2010, back when Dems controlled Congress and the Presidency:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/nuwe6u/th ... filibuster

In fact, he devoted an entire episode to the cause. But go on, don't watch and continue to be an ignorant twatwaffle contributing to the decline of America.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Scorpio wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Right here:

Mike Drop

THAT, right there, is the very moment this discussion stopped being about the 9/11 first responders, and started being about partisan politics. Because of you, and ONLY because of you.

The title of this thread is:

Jon Stewart Bashes Congress.

OP talked specifically about Jon Stewart and his politics. So there’s that....

Mike Drop

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:22 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Scorpio wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Right here:

Mike Drop

Mike Drop

Jon Stewart Slammed all of Congress. Not just those who were there, while advocating for a worthy cause. As Representatives of US Citizens, all congress members should have been present or had a good excuse to miss an important meeting such as this. OP mentioned that he doesn't always agree with someone, but he paid attention to the issue brought forth. Why shouldn't the other members of congress?
If they are too ignorant to listen, those representatives do not belong in Congress.

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 pm

casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
Scorpio wrote:

Right here:

Mike Drop

Jon Stewart Slammed all of Congress. Not just those who were there, while advocating for a worthy cause. As Representatives of US Citizens, all congress members should have been present or had a good excuse to miss an important meeting such as this. OP mentioned that he doesn't always agree with someone, but he paid attention to the issue brought forth. Why shouldn't the other members of congress?
If they are too ignorant to listen, those representatives do not belong in Congress.

I’m not going to inundate you with the many links available to articles that document the many many times that Democrats in the Senate and House have boycotted important hearings and testimony because of Trump. And other political reasons. No one should be surprised or offended that any Republican decided to avoid listening to this blowhard. Again, if the Dems were serious about the issue they would have gone about it differently. This entire spectacle is only about gaining political points for the left, on the backs of people who are suffering.

Disgusting

Mike Drop

910A

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:34 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
910A wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

Mike Drop

You didn't any sense with your comment..Show me where I even wrote Jon Stewart name in my post..I don't understand your 2000 to 2008 comment either. This bill was passed in 2010, so what the heck are you talking about. Thanks for admitting to the forum that you have no idea what you were talking about.

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:36 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Mike Drop

I’m not going to inundate you with the many links available to articles that document the many many times that Democrats in the Senate and House have boycotted important hearings and testimony because of Trump. And other political reasons. No one should be surprised or offended that any Republican decided to avoid listening to this blowhard. Again, if the Dems were serious about the issue they would have gone about it differently. This entire spectacle is only about gaining political points for the left, on the backs of people who are suffering.

Disgusting

Mike Drop

Oh so it is OK to dishonor service members and first reponders if you are a cowardly republican right?
That is all you are saying here.

Please explain how the "Democrats" should have gone about trying to get adequate medical care for those responders that came to America's aid when it was required.

Your rant only serves to prove Jon Stewart 100% correct about the dishonor of those that were not present.

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:41 pm

casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Disgusting

Mike Drop

Oh so it is OK to dishonor service members and first reponders if you are a cowardly republican right?

Please explain how the "Democrats" should have gone about trying to get adequate medical care for those responders that came to America's aid when it was required.

Your rant only serves to prove Jon Stewart 100% correct about the dishonor of those that were not present.

So now if I choose to ignore a partisan hack who has been bashing my party and beliefs for the last what, 15 years, I’m dishonoring someone?

Not hardly.

Clearly we aren’t going to convince each other of anything so let’s move on.

Mike Drop

Dutchy

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
So now if I choose to ignore a partisan hack who has been bashing my party and beliefs for the last what, 15 years,

So Mike, you ignore anyone whom you perceive to criticize your party? Man o man, that attitude is kind of scary.

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
casinterest wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

Disgusting

Mike Drop

So now if I choose to ignore a partisan hack who has been bashing my party and beliefs for the last what, 15 years, I’m dishonoring someone?

Not hardly.

Clearly we aren’t going to convince each other of anything so let’s move on.

Mike Drop

Jon Stewart is far from a Partisan hack. He is an American that believes in getting care for his Fellow Americans.
From your writeup, i can pretty much guarantee you are not an American first. But rather a partisan hack that only sees with lies about what his Conservative Propaganda wants him to believe.

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:
So now if I choose to ignore a partisan hack who has been bashing my party and beliefs for the last what, 15 years,

So Mike, you ignore anyone whom you perceive to criticize your party? Man o man, that attitude is kind of scary.

It's Narcissism, and he revels in it.

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:05 pm

On the plus side.
The House Panel Passed the bill and has sent it to the House floor for Approval.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/house-pane ... testimony/

We will see soon whether the senate will take it up.

MikeDrop

Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

I didn’t say that. I would expect many here to ignore anything Sean Hannity says if he were to testify in Congress on any issue. This is what happens when an entertainer becomes a partisan mouthpiece, he/she may gain a following, but they lose all credibility with the half of the people they are bashing.

No serious lawmaker would put Hannity on the stand about border security and expect support from the Democrats.

Mike Drop

einsteinboricua

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 pm

casinterest wrote:
We will see soon whether the senate will take it up.

If they get swamped with MikeDrop-like people, it won't pass, because they prefer everyone suffer than pass something whose main voice of support hurts their feelings.

jetwet1

Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Seems like as with everything good and decent, it's bound to be blocked or ignored by Mitch:
House panel passes 9/11 victims fund bill a day after Jon Stewart's emotional testimony
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/house- ... 0g3kz0VjUU

This will be interesting, I really can't see Uncle Mitch trying to block/ignore this one, not with an election cycle just around the corner.

casinterest

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:01 pm

MikeDrop wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
MikeDrop wrote:

I didn’t say that. I would expect many here to ignore anything Sean Hannity says if he were to testify in Congress on any issue. This is what happens when an entertainer becomes a partisan mouthpiece, he/she may gain a following, but they lose all credibility with the half of the people they are bashing.

No serious lawmaker would put Hannity on the stand about border security and expect support from the Democrats.

Mike Drop

How is Stewart a Partisan Mouthpiece? Hannity's show is all about being an ignorant dishonorable hack. While Stewart was able to pick on all sides equally.