MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tax payer funded religious liberty discriminates against...religion

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:35 am

If christian discrimination *cough* I mean "religious liberty" is used to discriminate against other religions, on the taxpayer dime, is it still religious liberty? Bonus! It screws orphans too! Just as Jesus would have wanted:

"Officials at Miracle Hill defend the policy and their doctrinal statement asking applicants to agree that the Bible is “the only…authoritative Word of God” – a statement that excludes Catholics and many other Christians who do not base their beliefs on the Bible alone. "

"South Carolina officials are not alone. There are at least nine other states that have passed laws allowing child placement agencies to turn away anyone who doesn’t match their religious beliefs "

"“This bill simply protects those individuals from government interference when practicing their religious beliefs,” Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves said in a news release. "...unless you're Catholic/Muslim/Jewish...probably non white...etc.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 359072001/
E pur si muove -Galileo

Francoflier

Re: Tax payer funded religious liberty discriminates against...religion

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:34 am

I like that this simply underlines the hypocrisy and stupidity of these so-called 'religious freedom' bills.

It turns out that 'religious freedom' as advocated by politicians who like to pander to certain specific religious groups, usually leads to full on religious discrimination (or even other kinds of discrimination).
Their goal is clear: favor the religion of the majority of their constituents (and their own) and use the apparent revival of religious fundamentalism in the US to their benefit.

The problem with that is that this encourages sectarianism and segregation between groups of beliefs within the US which further increases the fracture within the society while the government just stands idly by saying that it's not their job to prevent groups of people to discriminate against others because constitution...

Behold the age of regression.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Aesma

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 am

The US doesn't have religious wars in its history, maybe it's overdue.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tommy1808

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:57 am

Francoflier wrote:
I like that this simply underlines the hypocrisy and stupidity of these so-called 'religious freedom' bills..

Just check out how the people of Oklahoma had no problem with their Ten Commandments Monument in front of the state capitol being allowed, because that is ok as it was privately funded, freaked out when a Satanist temple wanted to fund a statue of Baphomet in the same place they pretty much freaked out.... up to some, according to his mother good Christian, but the Devil made him do it, ran over the Ten Commandments.....

"Academic Freedom Bills" are also just thinly vailed protections for Teachers wanting to indoctrinate other peoples Childrens with their religious nonsense without parents consent, or even against it, without having to fear any consequences from that......

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Francoflier wrote:
I like that this simply underlines the hypocrisy and stupidity of these so-called 'religious freedom' bills.

Much like the census question, the intent and the outcome have always been clear as day to anyone but the usual apologists
E pur si muove -Galileo

frmrCapCadet

Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Actually it is pretty clear to the 'apologists'. They know what they want, and they have some political power today to get it.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

afcjets

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
If christian discrimination *cough* I mean "religious liberty" is used to discriminate against other religions, on the taxpayer dime, is it still religious liberty? Bonus! It screws orphans too! Just as Jesus would have wanted:

Just as God can use someone who likely posted this article more if not only out of his hatred for Christianity rather than his concern for orphans for his glory and to help these children follow him, he can also use parents who are not of faith to do the same thing. Thanks for posting this and bringing awareness to these orphans, even if that wasn't your intent.

Francoflier

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Just as God can use someone who likely posted this article more if not only out of his hatred for Christianity rather than his concern for orphans for his glory and to help these children follow him, he can also use parents who are not of faith to do the same thing. Thanks for posting this and bringing awareness to these orphans, even if that wasn't your intent.

I'm certain you will have no problem with a Muslim orphanage refusing adoptions to Christians parents. God bless your tolerance to all religions, since this is what these laws are supposedly about...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

afcjets

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:28 am

Francoflier wrote:
I'm certain you will have no problem with a Muslim orphanage refusing adoptions to Christians parents. God bless your tolerance to all religions, since this is what these laws are supposedly about...

That is sorta what this country was founded on.

Btw how many Muslim orphanages are there in the US?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Just as God can use someone who likely posted this article more if not only out of his hatred for Christianity rather than his concern for orphans

Don't you think you may have unwittingly put your finger on the reason people might "hate" Christianity, when their top priority is using orphans as pawns? And it's not hate, it's "sincerely held religious belief".
E pur si muove -Galileo

tommy1808

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:18 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Just as God can .

an imaginary friend can do exactly nothing.

afcjets wrote:

It was founded on eliminating discrimination due to religion, the polar opposite of what you seem to think.

Allowing unfair treatment, that is part of the definition of persecution, because of religion, is exactly what the US was founded to prevent. Some law allowing discriminating because of religion is pretty much respecting the establishment of one. It is no coincidence that the First Comment says "Thou shalt have no other gods before me" and the first Amendement says "shut up" to that.

How out of wack the first interpretation of the first Amendement in the USA is these days is clearly evident by the fact that Iranian (!) Science Text books for schools teach Evolution in earnest, full spectrum and complete, while your academic "Freedom" laws allow "Answers in Genesis" Hogwash in Classrooms. An Islamic theocracy beats a supposedly secular country on protecting classrooms from Religion flowing in... how about that...

See Elise K. Burton "Evolution and Creationism in Middle Eastern Education: A New Perspective".

best regards
Thomas

alfa164

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Just as God can .

Ahhh... but here you are wrong! An imaginary friend can do anything - in the minds of his/her/its feeble-minded followers...

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

tommy1808

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:16 pm

alfa164 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Just as God can .

Ahhh... but here you are wrong! An imaginary friend can do anything - in the minds of his/her/its feeble-minded followers...

;)

Aside of defeating iron chariots of course ;)

The holy fable says so..

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:18 pm

afcjets wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

The country was founded on religious freedom. Freedom to practice whatever religion one chooses with zero government involvement. Government is separate from religion.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

afcjets

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 pm

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

The country was founded on religious freedom. Freedom to practice whatever religion one chooses with zero government involvement. Government is separate from religion.

For once we agree on something.

Dieuwer

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

It that were true there would be no tax payers funded religious practice.

seb146

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

It that were true there would be no tax payers funded religious practice.

That is where we are headed with bakeries denying service based on their own personal religious beliefs and doctors denying service based on their own personal beliefs and national chains telling their employees what medications they can take based on personal beliefs. Church and state are slowly being blended. By Republicans. And it needs to stop.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!