johnboy
Topic Author

Quinnipiac Poll June 11, 2019: Top Dems Lead Trump In Head-To-Head Matchups

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 am

Delightfully brutal news for Trump-Il-Sung!

“Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders over President Trump 51 - 42 percent;
California Sen. Kamala Harris ahead of Trump 49 - 41 percent;
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren tops Trump 49 - 42 percent;
South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg edges Trump 47 - 42 percent;
New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker by a nose over Trump 47 - 42 percent.”

“... In the Trump-Biden matchup, women back Biden 60 - 34 percent, as men are divided with 47 percent for Biden and 46 percent for Trump. White voters are divided with 47 percent for Trump and 46 percent for Biden. The Democrat leads 85 - 12 percent among black voters and 58 - 33 percent among Hispanic voters.”

“A total of 70 percent of American voters say the nation's economy is "excellent" or "good," but only 41 percent of voters say Trump deserves credit for an excellent or good economy. Another 27 percent say Trump does not deserve credit and 28 percent say the economy is "not so good" or "poor." American voters give Trump a negative 42 - 53 percent overall job approval rating.”

Better start preparing your escape to a country with a non-extradition treaty, Don.
PS: If I were you Ivanka, I’d be getting knocked up real quick for the pity factor.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-de ... aseID=2627
Last edited by SQ22 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title changed

Airstud

Re: Quinnipiac Poll June 11, 2019: Terrible News, Donald!

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:28 am

Good news for all the Democratic candidates.

Of course less than six months before the 2016 election, the news for Hillary was even "better."
Pancakes are delicious.

Aesma

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am

28 percent not happy about the economy, that's interesting, considering most numbers are in the green, whichever way you look at it. Does it mean the numbers hide a large amount of people that are poor or too close to poverty for comfort ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Spar

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:54 am

Aesma wrote:
28 percent not happy about the economy, that's interesting, considering most numbers are in the green, whichever way you look at it. Does it mean the numbers hide a large amount of people that are poor or too close to poverty for comfort ?

My take on that is: the national economy ought to be in great shape, everyone is working two jobs.

tommy1808

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Airstud wrote:

Of course less than six months before the 2016 election, the news for Hillary was even "better."

Actually no.... 6 month before the election Hillary and Trump where closer than this, ~3%, and that was within the polling error. Trumps win probability was about 35% at that time.

The notion serves as a good example for rapid myth making, even when not obviously true, and with 10 seconds of google-fu obviously untrue.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

DL717

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:43 pm

Airstud wrote:

Shhhh. Don’t tell them.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

zakuivcustom

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:41 pm

Meh...national polls only mean so much anyway.

Now if this is true:
https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2625

Then it doesn't matter what the national poll said anyway.

BTW, IQ45 is well behind in PA, MI, and is behind in WI and IA. Those 4 states alone can flip the presidential election in D's favor (Remember, IQ45 won PA, MI, and WI by a total of 70k votes). If TX turn blue alone with NC, then it's a total landslide.

Otherwise, though, yes, it's still WAY too early. For example, if IQ45 can get the China trade deal done with US economy getting explosive growth next year, then it will certainly turn things in IQ45's favor.

tommy1808

Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:45 pm

DL717 wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Shhhh. Don’t tell them.

good idea as it ain´t true... its not like the data has suddenly disappeared.... https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... -forecast/

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:43 pm

So, two things:

1. It is over a year to the presidential election
2. He and his MAGA fan boys will not accept any result other than him winning.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

trpmb6

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:53 pm

seb146 wrote:
So, two things:

Kind of like the democrats not accepting the result of Hillary losing, despite parroting that Trump and his supporters should stop claiming election fraud and accept whatever the results of the election end up being in the run up to election day...

Tugger

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So, two things:

Kind of like the democrats not accepting the result of Hillary losing, despite parroting that Trump and his supporters should stop claiming election fraud and accept whatever the results of the election end up being in the run up to election day...

It's the riots that MAGA's cause that will be the difference.

Dems accepted defeat and transitioned. Republicans would/will too, the question is what the MAGA's do. I am hopeful they won't do stuff involving harming others (we are all American's whether Bernie or Trump supporters) but I honestly don't know and will just have to wait and see.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

seb146

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:15 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So, two things:

You bring up two entirely different and unrelated topics. There is strong evidence to suggest that Russia interfered in our elections and team MAGA gleefully accepted. That is much more important.

EDIT:

Democrats are not demanding Hillary be installed but, rather, the current occupant of the White House and his swamp dwellers be fully investigated. There is a yuge difference there.
Last edited by seb146 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seb146

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Tugger wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So, two things:

Dems accepted defeat and transitioned. Republicans would/will too, the question is what the MAGA's do. I am hopeful they won't do stuff involving harming others (we are all American's whether Bernie or Trump supporters) but I honestly don't know and will just have to wait and see.

Tugg

And the concern would be "a small group of very fine people are violently rioting so that proves I am the most beloved president of all time and should remain forever" from the current occupant of the White House.

But, again, the election is still over a year away. Anything can happen.

Magog

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 pm

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
So, two things:

You bring up two entirely different and unrelated topics. There is strong evidence to suggest that Russia interfered in our elections and team MAGA gleefully accepted. That is much more important.

EDIT:

Democrats are not demanding Hillary be installed but, rather, the current occupant of the White House and his swamp dwellers be fully investigated. There is a yuge difference there.

I admire your tenacity. The Mueller report was a complete dud in terms of cooperation. And the idea that a few Facebook ads swung the election has never had any evidentiary airy basis.

And this is the root of the problem. Numerous Democrats do not see Donald Trump as a legitimate president despite there being no factual basis for that claim.

casinterest

Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:44 pm

All polls at this point are kind of meaningless unless it is to gauge whether the GOP has the stomach to mount a challenge to the Trump Cult.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Tugger

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Magog wrote:
Numerous Democrats do not see Donald Trump as a legitimate president despite there being no factual basis for that claim.

From everything I have seen on Fox and elsewhere this is an incorrect statement. Donald Trump has been and continues to be a poor president however I have not seen any (widespread or otherwise) news about people saying Trump is not the president.

And we know exactly what that looks like since we need look no further than our last president when numerous people (including members of the military),and groups and high profile pushes, claimed that Obama was not a/the legitimate president.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

jetwet1

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Spar wrote:
My take on that is: the national economy ought to be in great shape, everyone is working two jobs.

At least.

Tugger wrote:
I have not seen any (widespread or otherwise) news about people saying Trump is not the president.

Tugg

Then you are not looking hard enough, there are lots of people claiming there are lots of people are saying it...So it must be true !

zakuivcustom wrote:
Meh...national polls only mean so much anyway.

Now if this is true:
https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2625

Then it doesn't matter what the national poll said anyway.

BTW, IQ45 is well behind in PA, MI, and is behind in WI and IA. Those 4 states alone can flip the presidential election in D's favor (Remember, IQ45 won PA, MI, and WI by a total of 70k votes). If TX turn blue alone with NC, then it's a total landslide.

Otherwise, though, yes, it's still WAY too early. For example, if IQ45 can get the China trade deal done with US economy getting explosive growth next year, then it will certainly turn things in IQ45's favor.

All very very true, except maybe the last part, I just can't see the economy having a large growth spurt next year, an implosion maybe, for anything to really take hold by then it would have to happen in the next couple of months.

Tugger

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:45 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
I have not seen any (widespread or otherwise) news about people saying Trump is not the president.

Tugg

Then you are not looking hard enough, there are lots of people claiming there are lots of people are saying it...So it must be true !

No, there are not.

Tugg

seb146

Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

EDIT:

I admire your tenacity. The Mueller report was a complete dud in terms of cooperation. And the idea that a few Facebook ads swung the election has never had any evidentiary airy basis.

And this is the root of the problem. Numerous Democrats do not see Donald Trump as a legitimate president despite there being no factual basis for that claim.

He broke campaign finance law when he bribed Stormy Daniels. There were numerous meetings with Russians, one of which they gave team MAGA "dirt" (that we already knew about) on Hillary. Both are illegal. Those are not duds. Those are illegal.

Get over it.

zakuivcustom

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:00 pm

jetwet1 wrote:
All very very true, except maybe the last part, I just can't see the economy having a large growth spurt next year, an implosion maybe, for anything to really take hold by then it would have to happen in the next couple of months.

I personally don't see a huge growth either, nor Rust Belt (Which swing the election in IQ45's favor) all of a sudden will no longer be rusting. But you never know.

Magog

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

EDIT:

He broke campaign finance law when he bribed Stormy Daniels. There were numerous meetings with Russians, one of which they gave team MAGA "dirt" (that we already knew about) on Hillary. Both are illegal. Those are not duds. Those are illegal.

Get over it.

Meh. He’s still your legitimate President.

seb146

Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Get over it.

Meh. He’s still your legitimate President.

Who broke the law to get there...

EDIT:

Does any of this matter anyway since he already said he would break the law again and the FBI would do nothing about it

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/12/politics ... index.html

johnboy
Topic Author

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:25 pm

seb146 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Tugg

And the concern would be "a small group of very fine people are violently rioting so that proves I am the most beloved president of all time and should remain forever" from the current occupant of the White House.

But, again, the election is still over a year away. Anything can happen.

Yet our illustrious Senate Majority Leader still refuses to fund anything that smells anything like election security measures from foreign attack, even though the Mueller Report (and Mueller himself) *specificially* stated that all Americans should be much more concerned about it.

Wonder what dirt the Russkies have on McConnell?

dmg626

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Hold onto rosy poll numbers, meanwhile Trump will win again because he understands how to win.

johnboy
Topic Author

Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 pm

dmg626 wrote:
Hold onto rosy poll numbers, meanwhile Trump will win again because he understands how to win.

It’s like they’re not even trying anymore.
Understandable though ... it’s like saying “I love measles outbreaks!”

zakuivcustom

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:27 am

dmg626 wrote:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/preside ... d=63718268

So this is the rosy poll number you are referring to?

Or you will actually believe that the poll swing 18 points?

DL717

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Tugger wrote:
Dems accepted defeat and transitioned.

Tugg

Laughable.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Tugger

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:08 pm

DL717 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Laughable.

Not much of a response.

Tugg

seb146

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:12 pm

DL717 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Laughable.

Which explains the state legislatures that turned Democrat and the House turning Democrat and "solid" Republican states showing they will turn Democrat. You make such a valid point, DL....

alfa164

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:33 pm

Tugger wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Dems accepted defeat and transitioned. Tugg

Laughable.

Not much of a response.

Did you expect an informed response? As was mentioned in some peoples favorite book of ancient tales, in Proverbs 18:2:
"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

;)
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

johnboy
Topic Author

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:01 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Laughable.

Not much of a response.

Did you expect an informed response? As was mentioned in some peoples favorite book of ancient tales, in Proverbs 18:2:
"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

;)

That’s why there’s a block option for that one.

aviationaware

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:05 pm

RIP anyone who still believes mainstream polling after 2016.

You're going to be so sorely disappointed once again in 2020, but somehow you seem to be having a fetish for that.

zkojq

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:49 pm

johnboy wrote:

Yet our illustrious Senate Majority Leader still refuses to fund anything that smells anything like election security measures from foreign attack, even though the Mueller Report (and Mueller himself) *specificially* stated that all Americans should be much more concerned about it.

Wonder what dirt the Russkies have on McConnell?

Well, Deripaska (one of Putin's mates) is spending big in Kentuy.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/15/busi ... index.html
First to fly the 787-9

texdravid

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:25 am

Polls of “registered voters” in this case or “all adults” in other polls should always be held in low regard.

Most national polls are such until 2-4 months before the actual election when they all switch to “likely voters”. Then all of a sudden, the polls tighten.

Every republican trails in registered polls. Every one. Even Reagan!

I will start to worry next year after both conventions and after September 1, 2020. If those polls of likely voters show these results, then Donald should worry.

But pollsters a year out love to goose you leftists and make you guys daydream and fantasize.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

alfa164

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:26 am

zkojq wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Yet our illustrious Senate Majority Leader still refuses to fund anything that smells anything like election security measures from foreign attack, even though the Mueller Report (and Mueller himself) *specificially* stated that all Americans should be much more concerned about it. Wonder what dirt the Russkies have on McConnell?

Well, Deripaska (one of Putin's mates) is spending big in Kentuy.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/15/busi ... index.html

Interesting... and McConnell continues to block any bills that would investigate Russian intereference:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/06/ ... ttack.html

Quid pro quo?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:35 am

texdravid wrote:
Polls of “registered voters” in this case or “all adults” in other polls should always be held in low regard.

Most national polls are such until 2-4 months before the actual election when they all switch to “likely voters”. Then all of a sudden, the polls tighten.

Every republican trails in registered polls. Every one. Even Reagan!

I will start to worry next year after both conventions and after September 1, 2020. If those polls of likely voters show these results, then Donald should worry.

But pollsters a year out love to goose you leftists and make you guys daydream and fantasize.

A lot of us have been saying this, right, left, and center, so

jdstJD

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:20 am

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

EDIT:

I don’t think it’s that Democrats don’t think he’s a legitimate president. It’s that they don’t think he’s an appropriate person to BE president. All of the things Democrats said about Trump that would jeopardize the country’s standing in the world, demean the office of the presidency, the fact that he was not and is not prepared to run this country, did not and does not have the character to be the president, lacked basic knowledge of the history of this country, did not and does not have the intelligence to hold an office of such stature and importance, are ALL of the things that have proven to be true. It’s the fact that the people who voted for him were so reckless with their vote to allow someone like him to be elected president and be the representative of the country that we all now have to deal with everyday that infuriates them. I believe the mueller report accurately reflected what happened, both on the conspiracy and obstruction fronts. And it doesn’t change my belief one bit that this man is the worst possible person who this nation could have elected to be our leader. You’re damn right dems are angry. And there’s no reason for them to feel bad about being angry and resentful. It’s horrible what has happened and I hope the country learns from this and never takes the power of what can happen when you are irresponsible with your vote for granted again.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

Aaron747

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:26 am

jdstJD wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

EDIT:

I don’t think it’s that Democrats don’t think he’s a legitimate president. It’s that they don’t think he’s an appropriate person to BE president. All of the things Democrats said about Trump that would jeopardize the country’s standing in the world, demean the office of the presidency, the fact that he was not and is not prepared to run this country, did not and does not have the character to be the president, lacked basic knowledge of the history of this country, did not and does not have the intelligence to hold an office of such stature and importance, are ALL of the things that have proven to be true. It’s the fact that the people who voted for him were so reckless with their vote to allow someone like him to be elected president and be the representative of the country that we all now have to deal with everyday that infuriates them. I believe the mueller report accurately reflected what happened, both on the conspiracy and obstruction fronts. And it doesn’t change my belief one bit that this man is the worst possible person who this nation could have elected to be our leader. You’re damn right dems are angry. And there’s no reason for them to feel bad about being angry and resentful. It’s horrible what has happened and I hope the country learns from this and never takes the power of what can happen when you are irresponsible with your vote for granted again.

Of course it’s this. He’s a shit individual and businessman, wears his insecurities like an ill-fitting suit and is no kind of role model or leader whatsoever. My parents disagreed with many of Reagan’s policies when I was growing up but never disparaged him as a person - why? He wasn’t a terrible person and it showed.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:36 am

jdstJD wrote:
Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:

EDIT:

https://time.com/5518947/donald-trump-i ... -security/

Other presidents knew how to listen. Other presidents took advice into consideration. I believe that a President Cruz or President Rubio would be head and shoulders above this guy. I miss the days of debating policy but, instead, we have one side trying to explain why this guy is so dangerous for the Republic and the other side saying "he won, get over it, he is the best" with zero facts to back it up.

afcjets

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:50 am

seb146 wrote:

Get over it.

It is not illegal to meet with a Russian. What dirt did they give him on Hillary? I have never heard that before. Also, it was not a violation of campaign finance law to bribe Stormy because there are other reasons a married man would not want a mistress coming forward besides an election. Married men do not want to hurt their wife and kids or reputation by having an affair revealed.

tommy1808

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Get over it.

It is not illegal to meet with a Russian. What dirt did they give him on Hillary?

The FEC head made clear that the question is irrelevant, and attempting to get or accepting an offer to provide dirt on an opponent is already illegal.
That is why Mueller is pretty clear that crimes have been committed, only means rea coudn´t be proven to a juries satisfaction to secure a conviction.

Person caring about the law of the land wrote:
Let me make something 100% clear to the American public and anyone running for public office: It is illegal for any person to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with a U.S. election

best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:25 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Get over it.

It is not illegal to meet with a Russian. What dirt did they give him on Hillary? I have never heard that before. Also, it was not a violation of campaign finance law to bribe Stormy because there are other reasons a married man would not want a mistress coming forward besides an election. Married men do not want to hurt their wife and kids or reputation by having an affair revealed.

Seriously? They can keep it in their pants then - nothing to cover up in that case. Or don’t bother with sham marriage in the first place if you want to womanize till the cows come home.

As for Russian dirt, you obviously missed the details in the Mueller report about Don Jr’s meeting - which he lied about and embarrassed the WH with by covering up - especially since Bannon, Priebus, and Kushner all told Mueller the same story about the meeting, and their account was different from Junior’s. It’s illegal to lie to Congress - if the meeting was supposed to be to get HRC dirt but was a Russian ruse, just say so - why the coy disguises and claims about adoption policy? This family is unbelievably amateur.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:58 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Get over it.

When they gave him "dirt" on Hillary* and said nothing to the authorities, that is when they broke the law.

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/14/18677631/ ... llegal-fbi
https://reason.com/2019/06/13/is-accept ... democracy/
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/opinions ... index.html
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/dem ... countries/

Setting up a shell corporation, transferring campaign finances to said shell corporation, then paying a hooker from that same shell corporation is illegal the second campaign finance money became involved.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ion-357250
https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-and ... sonal-use/

Reading through the second link, I see nothing about paying hush money.

EDIT:

*We already know literally EVERYTHING on Hillary because Republicans have been investigating her and her husband for decades so anything that Russia had, we already knew.

afcjets

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:15 pm

You still didn't answer the question, what is the dirt or even recycled dirt as you now claim after moving the goal post you said they gave him on Hillary? Did they tell him her husband got a bj from a WH intern when he was President and she decided to stay married anyways?

zkojq

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:26 pm

afcjets wrote:
You still didn't answer the question, what is the dirt or even recycled dirt as you now claim after moving the goal post you said they gave him on Hillary? Did they tell him her husband got a bj from a WH intern when he was President and she decided to stay married anyways?

If you don't sleep with ladies who aren't you're wife then none of this is a problem. #FamilyValues
First to fly the 787-9

afcjets

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:50 am

True, but adultery is not illegal in most if not all US states today, and certainly not in California where it happened..

Aaron747

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 am

afcjets wrote:
True, but adultery is not illegal in most if not all US states today, and certainly not in California where it happened..

Yet you still conveniently don’t respond to the bizarre Don Jr situation..?

afcjets

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:13 am

Why didn't Mueller indict Jr then like he did all the others? There is no law you can't indict a sitting President's son.

afcjets

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 am

seb146 wrote:

Reading through the second link, I see nothing about paying hush money.

What do you think Trump and Stormy signed a legally binding contract for, deferred prostitution services? Not only did Stormy admit the sex was consensual and she did it because she wanted to, you cannot enter a legally binding contract for an illegal service or activity. Even this CNN headline is "Judge tosses Stormy Daniels' lawsuit against Trump over hush money agreement"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/07/politics ... ush-money/

"US District Judge James Otero says the suit, which sought to invalidate the $130,000 agreement that kept Daniels from speaking publicly about her allegations of an affair with Trump ahead of the 2016 election, should be sent back to California Superior Court.'

Aaron747

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 am

afcjets wrote:
Why didn't Mueller indict Jr then like he did all the others? There is no law you can't indict a sitting President's son.

Because if you read the report they indicated Junior was so incompetent they couldn’t prove he was even aware of the laws around foreign campaign contacts. Congress can still do something about lying to them though.