• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Derico wrote:
Everyone is supposed to believe a word coming from this US government? The Americans are so being played by shady actors it is truly mind blowing.



The left: Trump and his cronies need to accept the findings of the US intelligence community.

Also the left: The intelligence community is wrong, Iran couldn't possibly place mines in the gulf of Oman and attack civilian ships.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
The definition of a warmonger - a person who encourages or advocates aggression towards other countries or groups. And Trump & his lackeys surely have done so many times in the past few years.


:checkmark: Let me try to understand this.... the Trump/Bolton Axis of Bulls**t is trying to convince us that the Iranians would target a Japanese oil tanker at the very moment that the Japanese Prime Minister was sitting down to friendly, US-disapproved talks in Tehran on economic cooperation that can help Iran survive the effects of US economic sanctions;

...that Mike "Trump-was-sent-by-god" Pompeo immediately claimed Iran was guilty, ignoring the fact that Iran would have nothing to gain. An attack on the oil tankers would be much more to the benefit of Saudi Arabia, Qatar or Israel;

...and that, despite the presence of the USS Bainbridge and innumerable P-8 aircraft, and a range of intelligence assets to draw upon (all of whom are undoubtedly trained on any Iranian operations in the area), we did not see or hear about any operation that would have led to the explosions. I recall a senior C.I.A. official who said we have the capability of reading a license plate from our satellite surveillance.... yet, like two of the infamous three monkeys, saw and heard nothing?
.

We know now the Iranian's were actually the nation that rescued the crew and, if the boat in the extremely grainy and unconvincing video was indeed Irantan, may have very well been disarming and removing the alleged mine (and since when are "mines" attached above the waterline?). Ironically, despite our heavy US presence in the area, their is nothing to show when they were placed there - or, if there is, it is being hidden.

Maybe our Narcissist-in-Chief is starting to realize his dismal poll numbers are real... and believes Bolton's cries for a war would help shore-up his support. I think not - but who knows what the man who won't even read his daily intelligence reports believes.

Considering who is in charge, these are indeed scary times...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3779
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

The only thing Saudi Arabia wants more than a religious war with Iran is for the US Military to fight that war for them and for the US taxpayers to fund it.


alfa164 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:
The definition of a warmonger - a person who encourages or advocates aggression towards other countries or groups. And Trump & his lackeys surely have done so many times in the past few years.


:checkmark: Let me try to understand this.... the Trump/Bolton Axis of Bulls**t is trying to convince us that the Iranians would target a Japanese oil tanker at the very moment that the Japanese Prime Minister was sitting down to friendly, US-disapproved talks in Tehran on economic cooperation that can help Iran survive the effects of US economic sanctions;

...that Mike "Trump-was-sent-by-god" Pompeo immediately claimed Iran was guilty, ignoring the fact that Iran would have nothing to gain. An attack on the oil tankers would be much more to the benefit of Saudi Arabia, Qatar or Israel;

...and that, despite the presence of the USS Bainbridge and innumerable P-8 aircraft, and a range of intelligence assets to draw upon (all of whom are undoubtedly trained on any Iranian operations in the area), we did not see or hear about any operation that would have led to the explosions. I recall a senior C.I.A. official who said we have the capability of reading a license plate from our satellite surveillance.... yet, like two of the infamous three monkeys, saw and heard nothing?
.

We know now the Iranian's were actually the nation that rescued the crew and, if the boat in the extremely grainy and unconvincing video was indeed Irantan, may have very well been disarming and removing the alleged mine (and since when are "mines" attached above the waterline?). Ironically, despite our heavy US presence in the area, their is nothing to show when they were placed there - or, if there is, it is being hidden.

Maybe our Narcissist-in-Chief is starting to realize his dismal poll numbers are real... and believes Bolton's cries for a war would help shore-up his support. I think not - but who knows what the man who won't even read his daily intelligence reports believes.

Considering who is in charge, these are indeed scary times...

:roll:


:checkmark: Good post.

It's honestly unbelievable that some people are stupid enough to believe the nonsense that John Bolton has been spouting.
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
mad99 wrote:
The video shows very little of the ship so you can´t tell if its one that was attacked.

I thought mines were underwater? The damage is a fair bit above the water line.

Probably the DVD


It's difficult to tell from the pictures I've seen but one picture of the stern shows the ship slightly listed to one side. Likely after taking on water or possible bilge pump issues.


Screenshot from the video
Image

Picture taken later on
Image

I don't claim to be an expert but I am pretty sure it's the same ship, i.e. the Kokuka Courageous
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 pm

You can see the white "T" painted on the side is in the same location in both pictures.
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 pm

alfa164 wrote:
We know now the Iranian's were actually the nation that rescued the crew and, if the boat in the extremely grainy and unconvincing video was indeed Irantan, may have very well been disarming and removing the alleged mine (and since when are "mines" attached above the waterline?).

Where have you read this? I read several news webpages but none of them provided this important information.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8874
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:12 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Derico wrote:
Everyone is supposed to believe a word coming from this US government? The Americans are so being played by shady actors it is truly mind blowing.



The left: Trump and his cronies need to accept the findings of the US intelligence community.

Also the left: The intelligence community is wrong, Iran couldn't possibly place mines in the gulf of Oman and attack civilian ships.


It is a bit too convenient, and the rest of us all remember the evidence used to push the US into war with Iraq. It will take a bit more evidence of how the mines got there in the first place.
If there is proof, then the region will go through a very expensive and dangerous war, and the US will have to run massive deficits to make it happen.

If the US intelligence community has this level of evidence, it would be good to see what evidence we have of how the mines got there.

At this point, it will be enough to place fleet vehicles and perhaps small craft escorts around these ships to understand more.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
sierrakilo44
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 pm

THS214 wrote:

PanAm 103 was a result of IR 655. It doesn't make it right but understandable. .


Now that's conspiracy theorist nonsense without proof. Two Libyans were convicted of that crime with no Iranian involvement.

Suggest Iran was behind Pan Am 103 is as crazy as suggesting the US government was behind 9/11.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:25 pm

N14AZ wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
mad99 wrote:
The video shows very little of the ship so you can´t tell if its one that was attacked.

I thought mines were underwater? The damage is a fair bit above the water line.

Probably the DVD


It's difficult to tell from the pictures I've seen but one picture of the stern shows the ship slightly listed to one side. Likely after taking on water or possible bilge pump issues.


Screenshot from the video
Image

Picture taken later on
Image

I don't claim to be an expert but I am pretty sure it's the same ship, i.e. the Kokuka Courageous


The photo is before and the video after. In the video, they're removing the "mine". In the photo, the mine is there.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Also the crew of that same ship is saying they saw a flying object hitting their ship, that sounds like a missile (although considering the small hole, looks like a dud). It can probably be recovered from inside the ship.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Aesma wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

It's difficult to tell from the pictures I've seen but one picture of the stern shows the ship slightly listed to one side. Likely after taking on water or possible bilge pump issues.


Screenshot from the video
Image

Picture taken later on
Image

I don't claim to be an expert but I am pretty sure it's the same ship, i.e. the Kokuka Courageous


The photo is before and the video after. In the video, they're removing the "mine". In the photo, the mine is there.

Okay, thanks. My point was that it's the same ship.
trpmb6 wrote:
You can see the white "T" painted on the side is in the same location in both pictures.

Yapp, also the greyish area below the "T".

Aesma wrote:
The photo is before and the video after. In the video, they're removing the "mine". In the photo, the mine is there.

Which leads to the question: when was the video taken? If it is true that the video was taken later on, did they come back to remove the "mine" or whatever it is hours later and not during the evacuation? I thought the video was taken after sunset.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 pm

N14AZ wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
We know now the Iranian's were actually the nation that rescued the crew and, if the boat in the extremely grainy and unconvincing video was indeed Irantan, may have very well been disarming and removing the alleged mine (and since when are "mines" attached above the waterline?).

Where have you read this? I read several news webpages but none of them provided this important information.


"Sailors from two oil tankers damaged off the coast of the UAE have been rescued by Iran`s navy, media reported on Thursday."

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2019/6/13/iran-rescues-sailors-after-tanker-attack-off-fujairah-coast

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mide ... SKCN1TE107
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Derico
Posts: 4312
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 1999 9:14 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:32 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Derico wrote:
Everyone is supposed to believe a word coming from this US government? The Americans are so being played by shady actors it is truly mind blowing.



The left: Trump and his cronies need to accept the findings of the US intelligence community.

Also the left: The intelligence community is wrong, Iran couldn't possibly place mines in the gulf of Oman and attack civilian ships.


Sorry, but I am not "the left" as in what I suppose you are referencing to. In a foreigner, so US politics in all honesty are not of my interest or personal concern much. Thus I'm never seen in most of the topics here since they are Trump/US politic-centric.

What I am is a thinking person who cannot gloss over or pretend the criminally poor intelligence before Iraq never happened. Or even the poor intel about Libya or North Korea. Im being generous in suggesting criminally bad spies and gathering lead the US government to express such untruthful statements. If I'm not feeling generous, then I don't believe a word considering the US is a country that even refuses to acknowledge any mistake was made in the past. Add to this seminal feature this current administration's open disdain for facts (fake news, anti science), a track record of ripping up agreements all over the place, even the ones they themselves signed, and the moral and personality history of the top guy going back decades... Anyone can blame me?
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down
 
P1aneMad
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Image
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:30 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Derico wrote:
Everyone is supposed to believe a word coming from this US government? The Americans are so being played by shady actors it is truly mind blowing.



The left: Trump and his cronies need to accept the findings of the US intelligence community.

Also the left: The intelligence community is wrong, Iran couldn't possibly place mines in the gulf of Oman and attack civilian ships.


Umm no - in fact many online who are saying this is a ruse by KSA/UAE/Israel are libertarians and anti-intervention Trumpanzees.

Your first statement only applies to Dem politicians quoting intelligence assessments of Russian efforts to mess with our democratic process - an entirely different matter. Nice attempt at obfuscation.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Derico wrote:
Everyone is supposed to believe a word coming from this US government? The Americans are so being played by shady actors it is truly mind blowing.



The left: Trump and his cronies need to accept the findings of the US intelligence community.

Also the left: The intelligence community is wrong, Iran couldn't possibly place mines in the gulf of Oman and attack civilian ships.


Umm no - in fact many online who are saying this is a ruse by KSA/UAE/Israel are libertarians and anti-intervention Trumpanzees.

Your first statement only applies to Dem politicians quoting intelligence assessments of Russian efforts to mess with our democratic process - an entirely different matter. Nice attempt at obfuscation.


So this isn't just some sort of Bolton hatched plan to get us into another conflict over oil? Some of the conspiratorial natured posts above had me thinking otherwise...
 
BN747
Posts: 6545
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:34 pm

...in the meanwhile, the Somali Pirates are holed up in their lair...lol'ng to death.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
BN747
Posts: 6545
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Can Anyone take this president's word at what he says 'occurred in the Gulf?

We've done this 'Boat Attack = War' at least three times in the past -

"Remember the Maine" allowed us to take Cuba from Spain.
The Lusitania pushed us into WWI
The Gulf of Tonkin landed us in Vietnam.

...and nightmares of a Mushroom cloud (which Iraq could never deliver) gave us the Iraq War.

So, do we need to play to this ignorance again?


Why would Iran go out and bomb an oil tanker?
Answer" They wouldn't.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9378
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:51 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:


The left: Trump and his cronies need to accept the findings of the US intelligence community.

Also the left: The intelligence community is wrong, Iran couldn't possibly place mines in the gulf of Oman and attack civilian ships.


Umm no - in fact many online who are saying this is a ruse by KSA/UAE/Israel are libertarians and anti-intervention Trumpanzees.

Your first statement only applies to Dem politicians quoting intelligence assessments of Russian efforts to mess with our democratic process - an entirely different matter. Nice attempt at obfuscation.


So this isn't just some sort of Bolton hatched plan to get us into another conflict over oil? Some of the conspiratorial natured posts above had me thinking otherwise...


The world is more complex than laughably simplistic conspiracies that ignore a reality where things happen in parallel and perpendicular ways. Bolton is a hawk, and has an itch for Iran - not in dispute. 45 doesn’t want to be responsible for war, especially in the ME, but is easy to manipulate - not in dispute. KSA and Israel both have realpolitik interest in subjugation of Tehran - not in dispute. Russia enjoys any destabilization of the ME because it gives them opportunities - not in dispute. The GCC oil producers are hurting because of expanding oil production in Canada and the US - not in dispute. Khameinei is nuts but the Iranian government has many cooler heads that hope to prevail over IRGC tomfoolery - not in dispute. Kushner and Uday/Kusay Trump have business entanglements with KSA/UAE - not in dispute. All of these things are occurring at the same time - the only questions are where they intersect, how and why?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:04 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Aesma wrote:
The photo is before and the video after. In the video, they're removing the "mine". In the photo, the mine is there.

Which leads to the question: when was the video taken? If it is true that the video was taken later on, did they come back to remove the "mine" or whatever it is hours later and not during the evacuation? I thought the video was taken after sunset.


Here is the timeline : https://www.dvidshub.net/video/689676/u ... -gulf-oman
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:10 pm

alfa164 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
We know now the Iranian's were actually the nation that rescued the crew and, if the boat in the extremely grainy and unconvincing video was indeed Irantan, may have very well been disarming and removing the alleged mine (and since when are "mines" attached above the waterline?).

Where have you read this? I read several news webpages but none of them provided this important information.


"Sailors from two oil tankers damaged off the coast of the UAE have been rescued by Iran`s navy, media reported on Thursday."

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2019/6/13/iran-rescues-sailors-after-tanker-attack-off-fujairah-coast

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mide ... SKCN1TE107

I cannot open the first link and the second is a little bit outdated: „Tanker sinks after attack in Gulf“. None of the two ships sank.

I am not saying you are wrong but I just would like to fully understand what happened. In another online portal the question has been raised why the Iranians were allowed to remove the mine. As I said, would be nice to have some more information to fully understand what happened and to draw my own conclusions.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9282
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:21 pm

I tend to believe the evidence being presented.

But this is a big reason why Trump is such a poor president: He lies, all.the.time. And that leads to everyone doubting what he says even when true.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
N14AZ
Posts: 3759
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Aesma wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
Aesma wrote:
The photo is before and the video after. In the video, they're removing the "mine". In the photo, the mine is there.

Which leads to the question: when was the video taken? If it is true that the video was taken later on, did they come back to remove the "mine" or whatever it is hours later and not during the evacuation? I thought the video was taken after sunset.


Here is the timeline : https://www.dvidshub.net/video/689676/u ... -gulf-oman

Thanks this was extremely helpful.

Small detail: the crew of the other ship is now in Iran?

At 9:26 a.m. local time the Iranians requested that the motor vessel Hyundai Dubai, which had rescued the sailors from the M/T Altair, to turn the crew over to the Iranian FIACs. The motor vessel Hyundai Dubai complied with the request and transferred the crew of the M/T Altair to the Iranian FIACs.


No word about the fate of the crew in our press... :-/
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3779
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Tanker owners dispute US version of events.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese- ... ulf-attack
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17279
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:26 pm

mad99 wrote:
Probably the DVD


What? Of course, now it all makes sense. :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9282
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:36 pm

zkojq wrote:
Tanker owners dispute US version of events.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/japanese- ... ulf-attack

Hmmm... Don't know if he "disputes" it, he is just relating what he has been told.
“It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times.

We don't know where this exactly came from or through what sources.

The truth will come out in the investigation.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Topic Author
Posts: 6529
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:59 pm

And as we debate traders are pushing the price of crude skywards, invest now !
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
User avatar
Mortyman
Posts: 5687
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:22 pm

A false flag operation, no doubt. One can say a lot about the Iranians, but they are not fools. They would not play into the hands of the warmongers in the US like this.
 
mham001
Posts: 5519
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Mortyman wrote:
A false flag operation, no doubt. One can say a lot about the Iranians, but they are not fools. They would not play into the hands of the warmongers in the US like this.


If the Iranians show and tell the item they removed from the side of the ship and can say the item came from some other source, I would probably believe that. If the Iranians hide with silence the item they removed from the side of the ship, they did it. Another day or two of time will tell.
I too would have thought the Iranians smarter than all this.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:19 pm

mham001 wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
A false flag operation, no doubt. One can say a lot about the Iranians, but they are not fools. They would not play into the hands of the warmongers in the US like this.


If the Iranians show and tell the item they removed from the side of the ship and can say the item came from some other source, I would probably believe that. If the Iranians hide with silence the item they removed from the side of the ship, they did it. Another day or two of time will tell.
I too would have thought the Iranians smarter than all this.


At this point I'd need to be convinced the boat was Iranian, first.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Mortyman
Posts: 5687
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:03 pm

mham001 wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
A false flag operation, no doubt. One can say a lot about the Iranians, but they are not fools. They would not play into the hands of the warmongers in the US like this.


If the Iranians show and tell the item they removed from the side of the ship and can say the item came from some other source, I would probably believe that. If the Iranians hide with silence the item they removed from the side of the ship, they did it. Another day or two of time will tell.
I too would have thought the Iranians smarter than all this.



Are you sure that it was Iranians that did the removal ?
 
mham001
Posts: 5519
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Mortyman wrote:
Are you sure that it was Iranians that did the removal ?


Does any other entity own and operate that type of boat and could get it within 30 miles of the Iranian coast? Shouldn't be that hard to figure it all out.

Well that took about 30 seconds, this Iranian dissident site says it is..https://en.radiofarda.com/a/is-the-boat ... 99309.html
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Pretty obtuse to think that officials would release the video saying it was an Iranian revolutionary guard ship and not have confirmation that it really was. They are tracking these movements closely. I'm sure of that. Of course they knew where it came from and where it went. Probably even knew who was captaining the boat.
 
johns624
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:50 pm

If we could video it, why couldn't we stop it?
 
mham001
Posts: 5519
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:52 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:00 pm

johns624 wrote:
If we could video it, why couldn't we stop it?


Brilliant, what would we do, sink the speedboat? Then you would complain about trigger-happy Trump.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2621
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:09 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/14/politics ... index.html

Two pieces from this: an Iranian surface to air missile was launched towards a US Drone and missed. The UK are now reporting they are almost certain the IRGC were responsible for the attack.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Topic Author
Posts: 6529
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:33 pm

So at the moment it is a case of "he said she said".
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 pm

Watch 2 minutes of this guy talking about how to get a war with Iran started and tell me we're paranoid : https://youtu.be/fsvDWZTVP3E?t=4515
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 am

readytotaxi wrote:
So at the moment it is a case of "he said she said".

If you pretend that there is no video evidence.
 
Spar
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:58 am

Things are getting couriouser and couriouser.

Is this a point in history where the US president wants to be impeached and at the same time Iran wants the US to launch an air strike against them?
Machiavellian politics seem to be ascendant these days.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17279
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:36 am

trpmb6 wrote:
Pretty obtuse to think that officials would release the video saying it was an Iranian revolutionary guard ship and not have confirmation that it really was.


Colin Powell, UN, Iraqi WMDs.

Just sayin
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
AeroVega
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:03 am

johns624 wrote:
If we could video it, why couldn't we stop it?


Or at least show us where the boat went afterwards. Or did they stop filming right after the mine was detached?

If the US wants to convince us that this is an Iranian boat then there is no easier way than to publish the video showing this boat going back to Iranian shore or to an Iranian vessel.
 
Olddog
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:21 am

Just curious. Has an US president lost an election while the US was in war? If not I bet we will see more false flags until 2020....
When UK was in it wanted a lot of opt-outs, now it is out it wants opt-ins
 
petertenthije
Posts: 3706
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:00 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:09 am

Olddog wrote:
Just curious. Has an US president lost an election while the US was in war? If not I bet we will see more false flags until 2020....
I think the US has only been at peace for like 20 years of its existance. So there is a fair chance that if a president lost reelection, that he would have presided over a war.

If Trump wants to enter the history books for something positive, not starting a war would be the way to do it. It would also be a big FU to all the people constantly calling him a warmonger. The FU alone would probably be motivation enough to not start a war. :-)
Attamottamotta!
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:00 pm

The conspiracy theories in this thread are really shameful. Go watch 9/11 truther videos on youtube where you don't harm anyone with your ridiculous tinfoil antics.

If anything Trump has shown that he is not one to lightly jump into war where others, particularly HRC, would have jumped at the opportunity. Hillary Clinton has not met a war she didn't want other Americans to fight, Trump is not that foolish.

That being said, there will have to be a red line after which the Iranian junta will have to be obliterated.
 
johns624
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:07 pm

aviationaware wrote:
John Bolton has not met a war he didn't want other Americans to fight.

FIFY
 
aviationaware
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:24 pm

johns624 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
John Bolton has not met a war he didn't want other Americans to fight.

FIFY


John Bolton has no power to start a war.
 
THS214
Posts: 199
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:37 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
THS214 wrote:

PanAm 103 was a result of IR 655. It doesn't make it right but understandable. .


Now that's conspiracy theorist nonsense without proof. Two Libyans were convicted of that crime with no Iranian involvement.

Suggest Iran was behind Pan Am 103 is as crazy as suggesting the US government was behind 9/11.


Maybe you didn't read well enough what I wrote. I never wrote that Iran was behind PA103. If you read possible reasons behind PA103 it was US agency DIA that pointed Iran as culprit. All I know is that we don't know the truth and maybe conspiracies are the truth maybe the ruling. Peace.
 
johns624
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:01 pm

aviationaware wrote:
johns624 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
John Bolton has not met a war he didn't want other Americans to fight.

FIFY


John Bolton has no power to start a war.
As National Security Advisor, he does have a lot of influence in the matter.
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Big trouble in the Gulf of Oman

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:09 pm

johns624 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
johns624 wrote:
FIFY


John Bolton has no power to start a war.
As National Security Advisor, he does have a lot of influence in the matter.

So what. Trump has shown nothing but restraint so far.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TTailedTiger and 24 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos