Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

How Roy Moore Could Actually Win Alabama’s Republican Senate Primary

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:33 pm

How Roy Moore Could Actually Win Alabama’s Republican Senate Primary

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... e-primary/

"A large primary field may fragment the vote, making it unlikely that a candidate could win a majority and avoid a runoff and making it easier for Moore to advance to a runoff with only the support of his base.

The point is that Moore does have a path — especially a path to a primary runoff if there’s a crowded GOP field. And if he does get there, he would be only one step away from a rematch with Jones. Moore would still have a decent chance of winning a general election in conservative Alabama, and that is surely a big part of why he’s running again."

Run ROY Run ! ! !

Let's see what false accusers Karl Rove and the Dems will roll out this time....

NIKV69

Re: How Roy Moore Could Actually Win Alabama’s Republican Senate Primary

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:35 pm

In first before the lock

apodino

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:36 pm

I am sorry, but Roy Moore isn't qualified to be teacher at a Sunday school let alone a US senator. The only way in hell that Doug Jones holds onto his AL senate seat is if Roy Moore is the nominee. This guy needs to go away...period.

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:46 pm

apodino wrote:
I am sorry, but Roy Moore isn't qualified to be teacher at a Sunday school let alone a US senator.

I must admit that I do not know what the qualifications to be a Sunday School teacher are. I'll text Bill Clinton to see if he knows.

But, as for the qualifications to run for US Senate, here they are:

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution sets three qualifications for senators: (1) they must be at least 30 years old, (2) they must have been citizens of the United States for at least the past nine years, and (3) they must be inhabitants of the states they seek to represent at the time of their election.

Judge Roy Moore clearly exceeds those requirements.

johnboy

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:37 pm

I’m not sure how anyone could support such a heinous man (and trust - it says quite a lot about a person that supports him), but this quote from this article had me roaring in laughter:

“I’ll explain why, but first, I need to get one big caveat out of the way: Moore’s toughest fight will be for the Republican nomination. And I’m not convinced he can win for one reason — he lost to Jones last time.

That’s a pretty big L to tote around, and it makes for easy talking points for opponents. It’s so easy that Donald Trump Jr., a walking bottle of Axe Body Spray, already landed on it.

:bigthumbsup:

https://www.alreporter.com/2019/06/24/o ... ng-to-win/

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:41 pm

If Roy can win the primary, then, in a Presidential Election year, I think he can achieve a win. Presidential turnout is pretty significant. Those are some Big coat tails.

MaverickM11

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:32 pm

I don’t think a soul is surprised that a christian pedophile could win Alabama, as long as he’s republican.

einsteinboricua

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:13 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
I don’t think a soul is surprised that a christian pedophile could win Alabama, as long as he’s republican.

Dog shit can win. A dead person can win. All they need to do is have an (R) next to their name and have ads on their behalf talking about how they'll be Trump's rubberstamp (which is ironic considering that Republicans value loyalty only within their party; if Doug Jones were serving with President Hillary Clinton, ads would be coming about how he's a rubberstamp and a lackey for Clinton).

So yes, expect the race to be a "who's the most loyal to Trump" race, while also seeing ads at how Jones is loyal to Schumer and not Alabama.

sierrakilo44

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:36 am

In a way it would be fitting for Moore to win the election. Politicians should represent their people. And when you’re in a state that bans women from controlling their own bodies, grants parental rights to rapists, bans TV shows that feature gay people and has the worst education system of the 50 states maybe it is fitting a backwards child abuser is your representative.

LMP737

Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:38 am

apodino wrote:
I am sorry, but Roy Moore isn't qualified to be teacher at a Sunday school let alone a US senator. ..period.

Probably in his best interest to stay away from Sunday school. ;)

einsteinboricua

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:37 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
In a way it would be fitting for Moore to win the election. Politicians should represent their people. And when you’re in a state that bans women from controlling their own bodies, grants parental rights to rapists, bans TV shows that feature gay people and has the worst education system of the 50 states maybe it is fitting a backwards child abuser is your representative.

I'd agree with you if he were running for a House seat...but he's running for the Senate, which has decent power on how to shape the courts. Imagine if other states decide to elect their own Roy Moores. Imagine a small coalition of Senators enough to withhold support from more moderate nominees or even stop the confirmation process altogether until their version of Gideon is realized.

tommy1808

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 am

apodino wrote:
I am sorry, but Roy Moore isn't qualified to be teacher

Isn´t that just about the only thing he is qualified for?

best regards
Thomas