LH658
Topic Author

NBC Presidential Democratic Debate

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:45 am

What were you guys opinions? Which candidates did you like? Beto O'Rourke speaking Spanish, surprising Cory Booker was a good moment!

aviationaware

Re: NBC Presidential Democratic Debate

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:56 am

Well it sure lead to a new drinking game: If you downed a shot every time someone said the word "free" you'd have been smashed beyond repair.

LH658 wrote:
Beto O'Rourke speaking Spanish, surprising Cory Booker was a good moment!

Beto is toast. Why he was even allowed on the stage is beyond me, there's fare too many people up there.

EstherLouise

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:19 am

None of it matters. The only thing the Democratic voters HAVE to do is to vote for the Democrat whose name is printed on the final ballot on November 3, 2020. The rest is like playing tiddlywinks.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

Aaron747

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 am

EstherLouise wrote:
None of it matters. The only thing the Democratic voters HAVE to do is to vote for the Democrat whose name is printed on the final ballot on November 3, 2020. The rest is like playing tiddlywinks.

Precisely what most independents like myself are thinking. Though Tulsi was still the only one on stage with the balls to say all of our recent wars have been a pointless waste of life and treasure.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Pellegrine

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:06 pm

It was completely lackluster. I was happy to see Elizabeth Warren totally school her students though.
oh boy, here we go!!!

zakuivcustom

Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Personal 2 cents:
- Cory Booker will most likely see a bump after the debate. He definitely has a strong performance.
- Beto is really meh. I doubt he'll go anywhere after being totally burned by fellow Texans Julian Castro (IMHO, those two should be in the D's primary for Texas Senate instead of President anyway)
- Liz Warren didn't do much. Her performance is kind of "as expected" but certainly didn't stands out too much, either.
- Tulsi Gabbard stuck to her anti-war message. Foreign policy is just not a thing that swing many people, though, even though it's probably the area that president has the most control over.

Oh well, the debate tonight should be more interesting. Hopefully Andrew Yang gets the attention that he deserves. Plus there's Joe "I'm not Trump" Biden and Bernie "I'll just do the same thing I do in 2016" Sanders.
Free Hong Kong! Free China!

DarkSnowyNight

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Though Tulsi was still the only one on stage with the balls to say all of our recent wars have been a pointless waste of life and treasure.

Not before reading her whole goddamned resume. Not impressed.

In any case, it was about what we can expect for something this far out. Nothing over specific or committal, except as required in the vaguest sense. Which is fine. I'll be more interested when we're down to five or six, and we're not pandering to the more extremist (e.g. completely unelectable) elements.

zakuivcustom wrote:
- Beto is really meh. I doubt he'll go anywhere after being totally burned by fellow Texans Julian Castro (IMHO, those two should be in the D's primary for Texas Senate instead of President anyway)

Yep. He lost me at showing off his ability to do a thing that almost everybody can already do. Not impressed with his willingness to bust up half his first reply time to do so either.

I did actually think he had more to say in that moment about corporate taxes. He should have done.

Castro looked like he was desperate to yoink an issue that someone else hadn't grabbed yet. But I'll be interested to see where he's headed. Certainly among the least boring, though that is not saying much.

zakuivcustom wrote:
- Liz Warren didn't do much. Her performance is kind of "as expected" but certainly didn't stands out too much, either.

Sure, ok, I can see that. She struck me as someone running for Bail Commissioner or something.

zakuivcustom wrote:
- Tulsi Gabbard stuck to her anti-war message. Foreign policy is just not a thing that swing many people, though, even though it's probably the area that president has the most control over.

True, but that's also about the least bold position to take. Anyone who's not anti-war by now shouldn't even be in this thing. She's going to need to offer (a lot) more than that.

afcjets wrote:
As someone who is pro-life and is against taxpayer funded abortion,...

You would need to ask yourself what you were doing wasting your time watching. Opposing your stance on those things are mandatory minimums not only for Democrats, but the rest of mainstream America as well. We will not nominate someone who doesn't offend those somewhat perplexingly archaic sentiments on the issue.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

DL717

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:04 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
It was completely lackluster. I was happy to see Elizabeth Warren totally school her students though.

From the clips I’ve seen on the news this morning, she appeared as she always has. A frazzled school teacher that looks like she’s about to have a stroke.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Tugger

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 pm

Very Meh.
I wish the NBC hosts had kept them more on point and made more of an effort to get them to answer the questions being asked rather than just allow it to devolve into talking-point fest.

I guess the big result is that no one made a horrible mistake. The winnowing of the Dem candidates will have to happen slowly, boringly.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

zakuivcustom

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:52 pm

Tugger wrote:
I guess the big result is that no one made a horrible mistake. The winnowing of the Dem candidates will have to happen slowly, boringly.

B/c "Mr. Gaffe" Joe Biden is not there yesterday. :duck: :duck:

Well, the like of Tim Ryan or Inslee or even Delaney (Even though he made that point about the drawbacks of "Medicare for All" without Private Insurance) will probably go nowhere either way. At least there's no Lincoln Chafee, so far...

Pellegrine

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:14 pm

DL717 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

From the clips I’ve seen on the news this morning, she appeared as she always has. A frazzled school teacher that looks like she’s about to have a stroke.

Ok conservative. :embarrassed2: :butthead:
oh boy, here we go!!!

sw733

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:12 pm

My favorite part was Inslee saying they sling hash at McD's. I guess I don't go to that McD's very often...

apodino

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:39 pm

IMO all Warren had to do was avoid a major gaffe, and she did. Beto had the worst night of anyone, and one wonders how much longer he will be around. One possibility is he drops out and instead challenges John Cornyn for the senate seat in TX. Castro and Gabbard turned out to have good nights as reports indicate they lead in google searches afterwards. De Blasio made a play for the progressive wing of the party, but I don't think he is going to eat into Bernie/Warren too much unless Bernie has a bad night tonight. Klobuchar tried to play the electability card. Booker had a good night, and he played up his roots, which may help him short term but long term he will have to address wall street ties. Biden was not on stage nor was he mentioned, so that's a win for him.

Winners

Tulsi Gabbard
Joe Biden
Julian Castro
Cory Booker

Losers

Beto O'Rourke
NBC News (Both for the technical difficulties, plus for the criticism of the moderators)
All the lower tier candates

ER757

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:17 pm

DL717 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

Thank you for putting into words what I couldn't as far as my view of her. She always seems on the verge of bursting into tears when making her points. Not a fan of hers.
As much as I like Inslee (I live in WA) he didn't break out and he'll be relegated to also-ran status very shortly.
Bottom line is there were far too many people on stage to have a "debate" - it was more a Q&A session where everyone had a chance to say their piece and that was about it. Until we are down to four or five, it will just be talking points. Once the field is narrowed to those that have a realistic chance at the nomination, then a true debate can be held.

jdstJD

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:23 pm

LH658 wrote:
What were you guys opinions? Which candidates did you like? Beto O'Rourke speaking Spanish, surprising Cory Booker was a good moment!

After watching it and I must say that I was really excited. It was finally a REAL debate!! No one bashed each other and when de Blasio did speak over the others it was clearly pre-planned. I think his intent was to challenge the others to defend their positions but in a way that was not too personally insulting. His main point was that generally the party needs to refocus on what its responsibility is to the American people and that it has always been to look out for the working man and that it has gotten too far away from that.

Everyone’s points were well made and it was clear how each person’s views differed from one another but were all well thought out. To me it gives the American people a lot to think about. Americans HAVE to pay attention and really think about the policy options and make a good decision on who they want to support. They have to get away from following the oversimplified talking points and really delve into the issues and make the hard decisions on what the policies should be.

I really can’t say that I walked away with a favorite. They each brought a really going perspective and position to the issues. I will say that I kinda like Delaney. He is taking a more collaborate approach with respect to working with the other side in order to get things done as opposed to just drawing a hard line against a policy because because the party demands it with no room for compromise.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

DIRECTFLT

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:50 pm

Very under-impressed with Hi. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard's performance.

Best Hair & Makeup goes to: Sen. Amy Klobuchar

Best WTF moment goes to Robert O'Rourke for answering his question first in español.

Best crazy eyes goes to John Delaney.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

EstherLouise

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:42 pm

It would have been so much better if the entire stage was a huge lime Jello and whipped cream salad and someone would have yelled, "Food fight!" Seriously... I'm more enthused about clipping my ingrown toenail tonight than I am about watching some total idiots spew some far left stuff while trying to be politically correct about it. Tonight will be better because of Biden. Can we just fast forward to the Biden versus Trump debates just before the election? We all know that's who the two finalists will be.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

N14AZ

Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:21 pm

I might be wrong but I think neither of them have a chance against Trump.
DL717 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

She reminds me of Hillary. Would be a huge mistake to nominate her and Trump would party seven days in a row if they would do this.

NIKV69

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 pm

Was surprised to see Diblasio do well. I know he had to go after it because his #s are bad but he is a better debater than many on that stage.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

LH658
Topic Author

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Tonight is Bernie, Mayor Pete, Biden, Andrew Yang, and the rest. What do y'all think about Andrew Yang?

zkojq

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:41 pm

N14AZ wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

She reminds me of Hillary. Would be a huge mistake to nominate her and Trump would party seven days in a row if they would do this.

I don't understand? Trump's going to name call and hurl childish insults at whoever the democratic nominee is.

Warren is a policy wonk. I don't think that's a bad thing.
First to fly the 787-9

Ken777

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 pm

How you rate the first debate might be based on your political opinions, Trump Lovers will not be impressed and will toss all the digs they can.

Democrats, on the other hand, are going to be looking at the entire field to develop their opinions to a higher degree.

The important factor last night was that 24,000,000 people watched the debate - a record for primary level debates. One might think that there were a lot watching who voted for Deadbeat Donald, but are disgusted with him and are looking for a Democrat they would like to vote for.

That assumes, of course, that Trump actually makes it to the RNC Convention and gets the nomination. How many Republicans are praying that Trump does't get it - rather a rational, responsible politician is chosen that can return the party back to one I can vote with again,

NoTime

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:13 pm

The only winner was Trump.

Second place would probably go to Gabbard.

The rest appeared to be feckless idiots pandering to Twitter.

LH658
Topic Author

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Well it the first major debate, lets hope tonight debate and future ones more interesting. We are still 500 plus days away from election night. So it was a good night for these politicians to get a feel what their competitor can throw at etc.

fr8mech

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:44 am

So, will this be a double-elimination deal? The top 5 performers from yesterday go head-to-head with the top 5 from tonight (winner's bracket). The bottom 5 from each (loser's bracket) get a go at each other. Then whittle it down until it gets a little more manageable?

For the record, much like 2015, I like a big field early on.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:28 am

fr8mech wrote:

For the record, much like 2015, I like a big field early on.

Maybe. . . I feel like the other side of that sword is the idea that with that many, each trying to outreach on some specific issues, they have a tendency to become indistinguishable.

There's a lot of this and that, but over the last several hours worth, there was only one thing that would cause me to look further into a given candidate with any real interest.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

N14AZ

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:39 am

zkojq wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
DL717 wrote:

I don't understand? Trump's going to name call and hurl childish insults at whoever the democratic nominee is.

Warren is a policy wonk. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Maybe, but unfortunately we are living in an era of populism. I guess the average guy would not vote for her. That’s what I meant.

fr8mech

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:46 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Maybe. . . I feel like the other side of that sword is the idea that with that many, each trying to outreach on some specific issues, they have a tendency to become indistinguishable.

They become indistinguishable because they are indistinguishable. When they all toe the party line, they sound alike.

The campaign, and the message to the base, will differentiate them.

Disclaimer...I have not watched, nor will I watch any of the these primary debates. Two reasons: a)I live in a closed primary state, b)unless there's some fluke, our primary is way too late to make a difference.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.
Unless it's expressly prohibited, it's allowed.
You are not entitled to a public safe space.
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

Pellegrine

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:31 am

N14AZ wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:

To be fair, Warren is not a perfect nominee by any stretch of the imagination. I just like her policies and gusto. I don't really want her to be the nominee, she's unfortunately probably too liberal for middle America.
oh boy, here we go!!!

seb146

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:07 am

Pellegrine wrote:
N14AZ wrote:
DL717 wrote:

To be fair, Warren is not a perfect nominee by any stretch of the imagination. I just like her policies and gusto. I don't really want her to be the nominee, she's unfortunately probably too liberal for middle America.

They have all already been labeled "too liberal" for America. They are Democrats, after all. The propaganda machine has already told the base how much hate they should have for every one of the Democratic candidates and why. They all want to give immigrants and brown people free stuff. Not true but the base believes it. They want to tax the wealthy to pay for free stuff for immigrants. Again, not true but the base believes it.

"Democrats want free stuff for immigrants" will be the entire Republican campaign.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

N14AZ

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:13 am

seb146 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

They have all already been labeled "too liberal" for America. They are Democrats, after all. The propaganda machine has already told the base how much hate they should have for every one of the Democratic candidates and why. They all want to give immigrants and brown people free stuff. Not true but the base believes it. They want to tax the wealthy to pay for free stuff for immigrants. Again, not true but the base believes it.

"Democrats want free stuff for immigrants" will be the entire Republican campaign.

The sad thing is it works, populism. (not only in the USA, the same in Europe). Never would I have though that I would live in such an era where you can have success with lies, hate and so on. I always thought that in the information and digital media era people would get more educated. The opposite seems to be the case....

The election campaigns remind me of Wrestling shows. You just pretend to do something. It doesn't matter if it's real or not, the most important thing is that the show is good and people will love it and vote for you.

Pellegrine

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 am

seb146 wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Yeah this is unfortunate, that characterization. I'm a registered Dem, a "bi-coastal elite", but I didn't grow up that way and I never forgot what I came from. Dems actually do things for non-rich and non-white people.
oh boy, here we go!!!

Pellegrine

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 am

N14AZ wrote:
The sad thing is it works, populism. (not only in the USA, the same in Europe). Never would I have though that I would live in such an era where you can have success with lies, hate and so on. I always thought that in the information and digital media era people would get more educated. The opposite seems to be the case....

It's terrible how one can lie and have a bunch of idiots chanting your phrases. "MAGA", "Build The Wall", "Fake News".
oh boy, here we go!!!

LH658
Topic Author

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:10 am

I didn't hear much from Andrew Yang, someone I was kinda looking forward to hear him get active compete against his competitors, as he is the first Asian running for President.

I like to listen to both side Democrats and Republicans, I don't really choose sides, though yes it is quite horrendous hearing how Trump can lie away, and hear people chanting away "MAGA", "Build The Wall", and "Fake News" etc. I can get some people are upset with something like trade, job shifting, or solutions to immigration, and etc.

2nd round of debate seemed more goal orientated and focused a bit, versus Wednesday debate was just candidates blabbing random stuff.

seb146

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:11 am

Pellegrine wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

It's terrible how one can lie and have a bunch of idiots chanting your phrases. "MAGA", "Build The Wall", "Fake News".

You forgot "Lock Her Up!" since the occupant of the White House and the MAGA fan boys are still going after Hillary. Also, when is the appropriate time to tell the "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!" base that there are children dying and needing basic things like water and soap and a bed and food on the border? Oh, silly me.... they are brown and do not speak Spanish so they do not count....

seb146

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:13 am

LH658 wrote:
I didn't hear much from Andrew Yang, someone I was kinda looking forward to hear him get active compete against his competitors, as he is the first Asian running for President.

I like to listen to both side Democrats and Republicans, I don't really choose sides, though yes it is quite horrendous hearing how Trump can lie away, and hear people chanting away "MAGA", "Build The Wall", and "Fake News" etc. I can get some people are upset with something like trade, job shifting, or solutions to immigration, and etc.

2nd round of debate seemed more goal orientated and focused a bit, versus Wednesday debate was just candidates blabbing random stuff.

Calm down. There are like 25 people running at the moment. We have over a year. I like Booker but I will take any functioning adult who can speak like an adult and act like a leader over what Russia installed.

Aaron747

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:30 am

LH658 wrote:

At the very least, ‘twas nice hearing Biden admit he’s finished.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

zakuivcustom

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Biden's "Time is Up", indeed. He's the front-runner by default and to me, convince nobody that he won't be frontrunner if not for the fact that people just know who he is.

Bernie is still Bernie - he's still following his 2016 playbook - except the "anti-establishment" is no longer just him this time around. To me, he didn't "lose", but certainly won't get too far past his hardcore base.

Kamala stands out, although sooner or later she'll get questions about her own history as a prosecutor. We'll see how she response then.

Mayor Pete shows why he's able to garner the amount of support despite being a total unknown in the beginning.

Otherwise, I was definitely looking for more from Andrew Yang. Too bad he barely get to speak, and AFAIK did not even have one single mention of his signature policy - i.e. Universal Basic Income.

Otherwise, Swalwell sounds like somebody who just want to be "that person" without working for it (But then, he's more or less a single issue candidate, i.e. gun control, to begin with). The other people on stage are just not notable at all.

LH658
Topic Author

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:49 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Biden's "Time is Up", indeed. He's the front-runner by default and to me, convince nobody that he won't be frontrunner if not for the fact that people just know who he is.

Bernie is still Bernie - he's still following his 2016 playbook - except the "anti-establishment" is no longer just him this time around. To me, he didn't "lose", but certainly won't get too far past his hardcore base.

Kamala stands out, although sooner or later she'll get questions about her own history as a prosecutor. We'll see how she response then.

Mayor Pete shows why he's able to garner the amount of support despite being a total unknown in the beginning.

Otherwise, I was definitely looking for more from Andrew Yang. Too bad he barely get to speak, and AFAIK did not even have one single mention of his signature policy - i.e. Universal Basic Income.

Otherwise, Swalwell sounds like somebody who just want to be "that person" without working for it (But then, he's more or less a single issue candidate, i.e. gun control, to begin with). The other people on stage are just not notable at all.

They gave Yang like 1 min 30 seconds, and asked him about his plan on universal income, Yang first response was "What?!?!" Only time he talk was at the closing statement, and when all the candidates answered that one question from Chuck Todd.

Other candidates seemed to learn from the first debate, to just start talking or else your voice won't get heard or won't even be called on.

Aaron747

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:05 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:

Add to that - Bernie just trying to yell over everyone isn’t going to win him support either.

BN747

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:39 pm

Biden...is finished. He can't come back from framing himself by as a 'woke' candidate. He 'dated himself' by defending his past positions, how he got along with the old segregationists, his anti-busing stance and least of all his being the senior politician on stage and letting Harris step up and take command of the noisy food-fight squabble and squash it. He should have done that. That he did not...showed he's slow on 'the draw' and nowhere near as quick as the younger candidates - his age became more of an issue.
His living in the 'past thoughts' give young voters Nothing to be enthusiastic about.

The longer he stays, the more opportunity for fubars and his current strategy of 'digging in' won't cut it and he can't become a fiery AOC overnight - it's just not him.
He's painting himself as the 'old steady n stable'...unfortunately will not cut it for most Dems.

Next debate round or so, rape victim E. Jean Carroll and Anita Hill will come up ...and he will not fare well.

Mayor Pete did some near Harry Houdini antics with his 'black problem' in his town of South Bend. His 'owning up to' "I couldn't get the job done" was a noble admission but it might as well have been a falling on his sword.

Marianne who? Where'd she come from?

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

jdstJD

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:40 pm

I was far less impressed with last nights debate than I was with Wednesdays. Biden didn’t do as well as a I had hoped. Mayor Pete did a good job and I have always liked Marianne Williamson. I know she comes across as loopy and too “lovey” to most people but she is very smart and I actually like her message. But she has been written off and it showed last night. The moderators ignores her and I don’t think that was fair at all.

jdstJD

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:45 pm

BN747 wrote:
Biden...is finished. He can't come back from framing himself by as a 'woke' candidate. He 'dated himself' by defending his past positions, how he got along with the old segregationists, his anti-busing stance and least of all his being the senior politician on stage and letting Harris step up and take command of the noisy food-fight squabble and squash it. He should have done that. That he did not...showed he's slow on 'the draw' and nowhere near as quick as the younger candidates - his age became more of an issue.
His living in the 'past thoughts' give young voters Nothing to be enthusiastic about.

The longer he stays, the more opportunity for fubars and his current strategy of 'digging in' won't cut it and he can't become a fiery AOC overnight - it's just not him.
He's painting himself as the 'old steady n stable'...unfortunately will not cut it for most Dems.

Next debate round or so, rape victim E. Jean Carroll and Anita Hill will come up ...and he will not fare well.

BN747

Agree with all that you said. However from a practical standpoint I still think he has a better chance of winning the broader population of voters against trump. People right now need “steady” over radical to make them feel safe and normal after trumps earthquake. Biden can do that AND can sufficiently run the country. He has a repertoire or experience in both domestic and foreign affairs and can handle complex issues on day one. I don’t really care about his past faux pas because if you’ve served in government as long as he has it’s not possible that he wouldn’t have made some mistakes. Doesn’t mean he destined to screw up the country.

BN747

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:48 pm

jdstJD wrote:
I was far less impressed with last nights debate than I was with Wednesdays. Biden didn’t do as well as a I had hoped. Mayor Pete did a good job and I have always liked Marianne Williamson. I know she comes across as loopy and too “lovey” to most people but she is very smart and I actually like her message. But she has been written off and it showed last night. The moderators ignores her and I don’t think that was fair at all.

Unfortunately, as 'unfair' as you say that and my feeling the same about Andrew Yang (I like that guy)...fair just has nowhere to sit in this roadshow.

This last season of VEEP was all about fair or the lack of it I should say - left me with the feeling that REAL political gutter battles are far worse than seen on that show.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

slider

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:57 pm

My liver hurts, haha...

* Cory Booker's Spanish sucks. Robert Francis O'Rourke's isn't all that good either. But the pandering was in full bloom and it was hilarious. I was disappointed there was no Yiddish. Just a friendly reminder that Beto eats tacos with a fork, which is a deportable offense in Texas.

* Pete Buttigieg is going to hurt himself if he falls off that high horse. Anyone else get the irony in him defending "all" religions (which would include Islam) even though he'd be fucking thrown off a roof in an Islamic country for being gay?

* Marianne Williamsonoma is all kind of cuckoo. She made a few good points though, before going total batshit cray cray.

* Kamala Harris is a fraud. Even beyond Willie Brown, she has no merit, talks a great game. She's not even "African-American" she's freaking Jamaican and Indian. And her family were slaveowners. GTFO with that.

* Biden looks like he should just cash his chips and go to the titty bar.

* Warren dominates the stage with her faux emotion. It was the best comedy I've seen in ages. SNL should hire her as a writer.

* All 10 last night promised free health care for illegals. And Santa Claus is clearly on the ballot once again.

Bottom line: we're probably fucked.

slider

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Oh, and Tulsi Gabbard's foreign policy stance was refreshing and dead on. Sometimes it takes a soldier to realize we don't need to spill more American blood for naught. She owned.

Her domestic policy is far too leftist for me, but shit, I'd make her Secretary of State tomorrow.

zakuivcustom

Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Add to that - Bernie just trying to yell over everyone isn’t going to win him support either.

And it's exactly the reason why I never like Bernie - he does sound 100% like that crazy uncle that just needs to go away.

LH658 wrote:
Other candidates seemed to learn from the first debate, to just start talking or else your voice won't get heard or won't even be called on.

Well, I guess Yang doesn't want to go full Bernie, either (i.e. just yell over everyone). He speaks by far the fewest words in the whole debate, though, even when you compare to the like of Marianne or Hickenlooper (or Inslee/Delaney/Tim Ryan from the first debate).

DIRECTFLT

Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Cenk's Winners And Losers Of First Democratic Debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTqDYNLWKgY
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

NIKV69

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:45 pm

slider wrote:
My liver hurts, haha...

* Cory Booker's Spanish sucks. Robert Francis O'Rourke's isn't all that good either. But the pandering was in full bloom and it was hilarious. I was disappointed there was no Yiddish. Just a friendly reminder that Beto eats tacos with a fork, which is a deportable offense in Texas.

* Pete Buttigieg is going to hurt himself if he falls off that high horse. Anyone else get the irony in him defending "all" religions (which would include Islam) even though he'd be fucking thrown off a roof in an Islamic country for being gay?

* Marianne Williamsonoma is all kind of cuckoo. She made a few good points though, before going total batshit cray cray.

* Kamala Harris is a fraud. Even beyond Willie Brown, she has no merit, talks a great game. She's not even "African-American" she's freaking Jamaican and Indian. And her family were slaveowners. GTFO with that.

* Warren dominates the stage with her faux emotion. It was the best comedy I've seen in ages. SNL should hire her as a writer.

* All 10 last night promised free health care for illegals. And Santa Claus is clearly on the ballot once again.

Sad thing was Kamala was the best debater by far and the most prepared and killed it. Too bad she has no chance to win this primary. Biden is not a good debater has the media wants you to believe but he held his own even after Kamala owned him.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die,

seb146

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:09 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
slider wrote:
My liver hurts, haha...

Sad thing was Kamala was the best debater by far and the most prepared and killed it. Too bad she has no chance to win this primary. Biden is not a good debater has the media wants you to believe but he held his own even after Kamala owned him.

Name calling aside, each and every one will pwn the current occupant of the White House.