LH658
Topic Author

Re: NBC Presidential Democratic Debate

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:34 pm

slider wrote:
Pete Buttigieg is going to hurt himself if he falls off that high horse. Anyone else get the irony in him defending "all" religions (which would include Islam) even though he'd be fucking thrown off a roof in an Islamic country for being gay?

Mayor Pete can defend whoever, no matter if they like him or not in whatever part of the World. A head of state should have leadership skills, that evens means defending your people at home who don't view positively, especially one running "The Biggest Democracy in the World." I am sure Mayor Pete has Muslims supporters, his own fellow Christian's like VP Pence would like to have him go to Uyhgur reeducation camp in China, probably make him straight!
Last edited by LH658 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NIKV69

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:34 pm

seb146 wrote:

Name calling aside, each and every one will pwn the current occupant of the White House.

Doubtful but we will be discussing this the day after the election for sure.
"Some people did something" Rep Omar on 9/11

seb146

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:36 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Name calling aside, each and every one will pwn the current occupant of the White House.

Doubtful but we will be discussing this the day after the election for sure.

Putin is already rewriting our Constitution anyway.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-p ... d=63967271
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Super80Fan

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:45 am

Castro, Warren, Gabbard, and Booker were all pretty good. The rest were meh and De Blow Job is a disgrace as always, not even sure how they allow him to run.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

DL717

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:45 am

Night 2...Uncle Joe was a mess, Harris is just an ugly person. She sounded like the obnoxious drunk gal at the end of the bar about two shots from falling over. She doesn’t know how or when to shut up. Bernie just sounds old and stupid at this point. After two nights of rediculous pandering, Booker seemed to be the quasi sane one of the lead bunch. There rest are already done, they just don’t know it yet. Robert O’Rourke should just go back to his garage band, maybe he can replace Jon Heder in a sequel for Napoleon Dynamite.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

aviationaware

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:58 am

I thought the debates were great. Kamala Harris is certainly a threat to Trump. She has very little baggage that could make a nickname stick to her. The only thing you can say about her is that she basically slept her way to the top, but that wouldn't play well in a nickname and would come back to haunt Trump.

However, the peer pressure has forced _ALL_ serious contenders so far left that unless they don't manage the pivot of the century for the general election, they will have no shot at the White House:

1. Most of them are for taking away everyone's private health insurance to put everyone on a single payer system. The fact that hospitals would go bankrupt in droves if they were paid at Medicare rates for all patients was mentioned, but not even remotely discussed enough. The moderation clearly did not want to embarrass any of the candidates.

2. ALL of them raised their hands when asked if the single payer system should include illegal aliens. Sorry, but that makes anyone absolutely unelectable. It's an absolutely lunatic proposal and anyone who holds that view should end up in a straitjacket before they even come close to the White House.

3. My personal highlight was when Julian Castro demanded the right for trans women to abort. Not sure if he just fucked this one up or if he actually is that demented.

4. The pandering to latino voters (speaking Spanish) was absolutely puke inducing. Julian Castro forcefully pronounced every Spanish name in the most Spanish way possible despite not even being fluent in Spanish himself. We're in America, we speak English. If you want to connect to your voters in Spanish, go run for office in Mexico.

5. Why were half of those people even allowed on the stage? There were far too many people. Other than Biden, Booker, Harris, Buttigieg, Bernie and Pocahontas, nobody should have been on the stage. Who even are Andrew Yang and Marianne Williamson? Some weird kooks nobody has ever heard of before. And Beto is just sad to watch at this stage. How even half of those 20 can get away with claiming they have a full time campaign going is beyond me.

Aaron747

Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:44 am

aviationaware wrote:
However, the peer pressure has forced _ALL_ serious contenders so far left that unless they don't manage the pivot of the century for the general election, they will have no shot at the White House:

1. Most of them are for taking away everyone's private health insurance to put everyone on a single payer system. The fact that hospitals would go bankrupt in droves if they were paid at Medicare rates for all patients was mentioned, but not even remotely discussed enough. The moderation clearly did not want to embarrass any of the candidates.

Buttigieg stated clearly that a private option would have to remain as that’s the model most developed countries with NHS use. The only difference between us and them on hospital overhead is we’re the only country where hospital administrators make $300K and CEOs often make $1m plus. Also hospital costs would dramatically fall in terms of drugs and supplies, and current projections do not take that into account as they only look at Medicare billing for reimbursements.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

BN747

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:28 am

DL717 wrote:
Night 2...Uncle Joe was a mess, Harris is just an ugly person. She sounded like the obnoxious drunk gal at the end of the bar about two shots from falling over. She doesn’t know how or when to shut up. Bernie just sounds old and stupid at this point. After two nights of rediculous pandering, Booker seemed to be the quasi sane one of the lead bunch. There rest are already done, they just don’t know it yet. Robert O’Rourke should just go back to his garage band, maybe he can replace Jon Heder in a sequel for Napoleon Dynamite.

Wow!...a lot of rapid fire synapses malfunctions taking place in someone's brain...good lord!

aviationaware wrote:
I

4. The pandering to latino voters (speaking Spanish) was absolutely puke inducing. Julian Castro forcefully pronounced every Spanish name in the most Spanish way possible despite not even being fluent in Spanish himself. We're in America, we speak English. If you want to connect to your voters in Spanish, go run for office in Mexico.

Interesting, coming from a gay conservative...but the above quote is like, turn off the 'I'm offended by people speaking spanish' bitch mode.

More people in this country are becoming multilingual these days...spanish is relatively easy to learn. Get use to it kid, the world around you is changing...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

DL717

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:37 am

BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Wow!...a lot of rapid fire synapses malfunctions taking place in someone's brain...good lord!

aviationaware wrote:
I

Interesting, coming from a gay conservative...but the above quote is like, turn off the 'I'm offended by people speaking spanish' bitch mode.

More people in this country are becoming multilingual these days...spanish is relatively easy to learn. Get use to it kid, the world around you is changing...

BN747

Off the reservation libs will do that to a person. You guys are in trouble.

stratclub

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:37 am

Actually none of the Demo candidates will get my vote. When they had a show of hand about who would support giving my tax dollars for free medical to illegal aliens, I was just floored. All of the candidates raised their hands. Really? Illegal aliens from all over the planet are breaking our laws by just being here. Why should we give them free medical and welfare on the tax payer's dime? Why don't you Democrats ask the American people what they want instead of gaming our political system so you can buy illegal votes from illegal aliens?

New York and I think California and probably other states are already set up so that Illegal Aliens can get a drivers license, not disclose they are not citizens and vote in our elections. Do to the fact that voter registration is tied to your drivers license with no requirement to prove you are a citizen makes voter fraud close to impossible to prove which the Demos have no problem with.

aviationaware

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 am

BN747 wrote:

More people in this country are becoming multilingual these days

That's fine. I speak four languages fluently. That doesn't change that English is the official language of the United States and anyone who can only speak Spanish and not English is part of the problem we have with immigration.
It's fairly simple: If you want to talk to voters, you speak English. If you cannot speak English and have the right to vote anyway, something went seriously wrong in the immigration process.

And yes, I am absolutely offended by the fact that politicians on the stage who are running to represent me speak a language I don't understand. There's a common language in this country. Use it.

BN747

Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:31 am

aviationaware wrote:
BN747 wrote:

That's fine. I speak four languages fluently. That doesn't change that English is the official language of the United States and anyone who can only speak Spanish and not English is part of the problem we have with immigration.
It's fairly simple: If you want to talk to voters, you speak English. If you cannot speak English and have the right to vote anyway, something went seriously wrong in the immigration process.

And yes, I am absolutely offended by the fact that politicians on the stage who are running to represent me speak a language I don't understand. There's a common language in this country. Use it.

Well fella, like it or not, the largest Minority today are now my Latino brothers and sisters, as much as you despise them and their tongue...it's headed your way.

It looks like your misguided choice of languages ..for some reason missed the language that would come in most handy in the country you live in.
It appears you selected additional lingos for fun or some other pursuit...too bad something you dislike about Latinos/Spanish will only serve to piss you off even more as welcoming a 5th useful linguistic ability.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

aviationaware

Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:15 am

BN747 wrote:

Well fella, like it or not, the largest Minority today are now my Latino brothers and sisters, as much as you despise them and their tongue...it's headed your way.

I don't despise latinos and I don't despise the Spanish language. Don't ever put words in my mouth again. I never said anything remotely like that.

I despise pandering politicians who use it to communicate to people who are unwilling to assimilate in the US. Thank God most latinos are not like that.

zakuivcustom

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:38 pm

aviationaware wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Umm...US doesn’t have an official language. De facto language =/= de jure “official” language.

aviationaware wrote:
BN747 wrote:

I don't despise latinos and I don't despise the Spanish language. Don't ever put words in my mouth again. I never said anything remotely like that.

I despise pandering politicians who use it to communicate to people who are unwilling to assimilate in the US. Thank God most latinos are not like that.

While I do agree that it’s pandering, what’s to say the Latinx doesn’t habla inglés themselves? Sometimes it can be easier for the latinx to understand things en español.

On the other hand, yeah, those attempts at speaking Spanish would make any Spanish teacher bang their head. :banghead:

aviationaware

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:58 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Umm...US doesn’t have an official language. De facto language =/= de jure “official” language.

The constitution and all laws are in English. That's pretty official as far as I'm concerned.

ltbewr

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:59 pm

I didn't watch these so-called 'debates' but from a review of reports and comments, it likely culled, including from those not invited, about half or 12 of the field of 24 by the next 'debate' in August. The '1%'ers' won't be able to get more money to continue, some were just shown to be unqualified, too far left or made some real dumb comments. Of the 12 remaining likely 4 or more will be out after the August 'debate'. I have some serious issues with the yes/no questions and how this format limited the more nuanced and detailed answers needed. I also fear that the responses given as to immigration, single payer health care, raising taxes on the rich, will be weaponized by the Republicans in future ads.
I am a loyal Democrat and will vote for whoever is the D's nominee, but so far all of the more likely nominee candidates and party platforms have huge flaws that could or will hurt them vs. Trump.

seb146

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:08 pm

aviationaware wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:

The constitution and all laws are in English. That's pretty official as far as I'm concerned.

No where in the Constitution does it say anything about English being the official language. Just like Christianity is not the official religion because it does not say that anywhere. But, the same "it is implied" argument is used by Republicans and right wing evangelicals to not bake cakes and deny housing and employment to a sector of America.

MikeDrop

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 pm

stratclub wrote:
Really? Illegal aliens from all over the planet are breaking our laws by just being here. Why should we give them free medical and welfare on the tax payer's dime? Why don't you Democrats ask the American people what they want instead of gaming our political system so you can buy illegal votes from illegal aliens?

- The reality is that the majority of illegal aliens do productive work - albeit mostly outside of the tax framework that the rest of us have to submit to. So there is an argument for some level of amnesty to fix whats broken.
- Also, it is in the best interest of all of us that anyone here is healthy and gets medical care, so there is a rational argument that preventing disease from spreading is worth the cost.

However, we just don't have control of the border, so we are set with the prospect of an unlimited liability of providing expensive benefits to the entire planet - or at least those fortunate ones that can bribe and fight their way to get here. We will go broke. Its quite unfortunate because during the Obama administration the House Republicans were willing to talk about amnesty (immigration reform) in return for a more secure border, but Harry Reid and Obama wouldn't have any of it. So here we are, going broke with an open border, and unlimited liabilities. The future is not bright for the US.

stratclub wrote:
New York and I think California and probably other states are already set up so that Illegal Aliens can get a drivers license, not disclose they are not citizens and vote in our elections. Do to the fact that voter registration is tied to your drivers license with no requirement to prove you are a citizen makes voter fraud close to impossible to prove which the Demos have no problem with.

I have to call BS on this (respectfully) at least in California. I was worried about this and I looked into it, ready to be angry, but from what I can tell the ID/drivers license that is issued for illegal aliens in CA is not valid for voter registration.

Mike Drop

aviationaware

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:02 am

seb146 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:

No where in the Constitution does it say anything about English being the official language.

It's implied by the text being in English. But of course that's only if you're not an ideologically driven moron.

This is also your daily remdinder that a serious contender for the Democratic nomination demanded an abortion right for trans women on the debate stage and that ALL of them want you to pay for the entire world's health care.

Super80Fan

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:45 am

stratclub wrote:
Actually none of the Demo candidates will get my vote. When they had a show of hand about who would support giving my tax dollars for free medical to illegal aliens, I was just floored. All of the candidates raised their hands. Really? Illegal aliens from all over the planet are breaking our laws by just being here. Why should we give them free medical and welfare on the tax payer's dime? Why don't you Democrats ask the American people what they want instead of gaming our political system so you can buy illegal votes from illegal aliens?

You whine about giving "your tax dollars" to illegals, you whine about giving "your tax dollars" to wiping out student loan debt, but I'm going to guess you support all the aid we give to the wars in the Middle East and Israel?
RIP McDonnell Douglas

stratclub

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:04 am

Fair enough. Clearly I need to do more research on the voter aspects of this. You are spot on about not having control of our border will make us vulnerable to potentially funding welfare and medical care for anyone that can get here and enter the country.

Yes very true that most Mexicans are good people, but as you eluded to, open borders makes us fair game to everyone on the planet unlimited access to our country and benefits with us having no way to filter out the criminal element such as gangs, drug cartels and human traffickers and those that want a free ride on our dime. And the reality is that most illegal aliens are not Mexican anymore. Many if not most are in fact trafficked from all over the world through Mexico and Central America.

I'll stop hear because this is going somewhat off topic and I don't want to get banned again.
I probably will start a thread on this topic..........

On topic, I think Sleepy Joe has the best chance. Does he have enough to carry the day in 2020? I don't think so.

TSS

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:06 am

LH658 wrote:
I didn't hear much from Andrew Yang, someone I was kinda looking forward to hear him get active compete against his competitors, as he is the first Asian running for President.

There is a growing suspicion that Andrew Yang's microphone was deliberately muted- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJgnaONCo
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:57 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

No where in the Constitution does it say anything about English being the official language.

It's implied by the text being in English. But of course that's only if you're not an ideologically driven moron.

This is also your daily remdinder that a serious contender for the Democratic nomination demanded an abortion right for trans women on the debate stage and that ALL of them want you to pay for the entire world's health care.

It was implied for two plus centuries that two men or two women could marry, too, and look how that turned out.

Trans women can still get pregnant like if they are raped. What is wrong with keeping abortion a safe and legal option? I think you have "pay for the entire world's health care" confused with making health care affordable for Americans. Just like when anyone says "affordable health care" or "affordable education" the right automatically reads "free".

aviationaware

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 am

seb146 wrote:
Trans women can still get pregnant like if they are raped.

A trans woman is a male to female transsexual. Now that your confusion is out of the way, explain to me how a trans woman can get pregnant.

seb146 wrote:
I think you have "pay for the entire world's health care" confused with making health care affordable for Americans.

Not quite. They all raised their hands when asked whether they would provide free healthcare to all illegal aliens. Illegal aliens, of course, are not Americans. But offering them free healthcare is tantamount to inviting everyone in the world to come to America to get healthcare at the expense of the American people.

seb146

Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:34 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

A trans woman is a male to female transsexual. Now that your confusion is out of the way, explain to me how a trans woman can get pregnant.

Maybe if you had any idea what the LGBTQ community goes through, you would not be so condescending

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I think you have "pay for the entire world's health care" confused with making health care affordable for Americans.

Not quite. They all raised their hands when asked whether they would provide free healthcare to all illegal aliens. Illegal aliens, of course, are not Americans. But offering them free healthcare is tantamount to inviting everyone in the world to come to America to get healthcare at the expense of the American people.

So, by your own admission, they do not want to pay for the world's health care. There is a health care crisis at the concentration camps at the border right now. Children are dying from easily cured things like flu and not having an OB/GYN and not having clean water.

stratclub

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:48 am

seb146 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Maybe if you had any idea what the LGBTQ community goes through, you would not be so condescending

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So, by your own admission, they do not want to pay for the world's health care. There is a health care crisis at the concentration camps at the border right now. Children are dying from easily cured things like flu and not having an OB/GYN and not having clean water.

so what does the LGBTQP community go through? Having a mental disorder that causes them to have the delusion that somehow hormone treatments and mutilating their body can change their gender? Science begs to differ on that. I'm all for being compassionate for people with mental illness, but I do not support the mental illness delusion that there are more than 2 genders.

There are no "concentration camps" at the border. Just a human disaster caused by Congress refusing to do their job and write legislation to fix the problem. If we had a secure border and immigration policies that were not broken, we would not have people from every part of the world invading our country in droves through the southern border.

seb146

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:05 am

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

aviationaware wrote:

so what does the LGBTQP community go through? Having a mental disorder that causes them to have the delusion that somehow hormone treatments and mutilating their body can change their gender? Science begs to differ on that. I'm all for being compassionate for people with mental illness, but I do not support the mental illness delusion that there are more than 2 genders.

There are no "concentration camps" at the border. Just a human disaster caused by Congress refusing to do their job and write legislation to fix the problem. If we had a secure border and immigration policies that were not broken, we would not have people from every part of the world invading our country in droves through the southern border.

What do we go through? Your response shows exactly what we go through.

Republicans had TWO YEARS in full control of all sectors of government and you are now blaming Democrats? No. No. No. This is squarely on Republicans. They could still do something but they do not. They allow children to live in squalid conditions that many have compared to concentration camps. Including Asian Americans who were held in concentration camps all over the United States.

stratclub

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:34 am

seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Republicans had TWO YEARS in full control of all sectors of government and you are now blaming Democrats? No. No. No. This is squarely on Republicans. They could still do something but they do not. They allow children to live in squalid conditions that many have compared to concentration camps. Including Asian Americans who were held in concentration camps all over the United States.

Except that you are ignoring a very fundamental fact. The squalid condition you refer to are because Congress refuses to even acknowledge the border problem because their only answer to anything the President presents is ignored and especially with the Democrats, their only solution is to keep the collusion/obstruction smear job of DJT alive to railroad the President. I certainly don't want these pieces of human filth that are on a continual witch hunt to railroad a sitting POTUS running my country.

If you would read history, the Japanese people in the United States during WWII were not held in concentration camps. It is an embarrassment of out history, but they were interred during the war in the mistaken belief that they would collude with Japan. A really bad part of our history, but they WERE NOT held in concentration camps.

True about what you are going through. Failing to accept your delusional mental condition that contrary to established science refused to acknowledge that their are only 2 genders and that medical science cannot change a persons gender is the stuff fairy tale are made of. No. Gender is not fluid. It is binary and it's purpose is for procreation of the human race.

aviationaware

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:07 am

seb146 wrote:

I'm sorry, but the reason the situation on the border is the way it is is because the Democrats are trying to hold the nation ransom for their dystopian immigration plans of making all entry legal and of course droves are coming in anticipation already because they think Trump will lose in 2020.

The amount of illegal crossings at the southern border right now is solely attributable to the Democrats unwillingness to change our immigration laws and build the wall. There is a humanitarian crisis (which the Democrats have now finally accepted after vehemently denying it when Trump declared a national emergency only a few months ago) at the border, but the solution is not to let everyone flow into our country unchecked. The solution is to fight the root causes.

I disagree with a lot the Republican party is doing, but regarding the immigration question, the Republicans are the adults in the room. There can be no question about that. The Democrats have totally lost their marbles with regards to immigration. They went full on nuts.

Aaron747

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:03 am

aviationaware wrote:
seb146 wrote:

I'm sorry, but the reason the situation on the border is the way it is is because the Democrats are trying to hold the nation ransom for their dystopian immigration plans of making all entry legal and of course droves are coming in anticipation already because they think Trump will lose in 2020.

The amount of illegal crossings at the southern border right now is solely attributable to the Democrats unwillingness to change our immigration laws and build the wall. There is a humanitarian crisis (which the Democrats have now finally accepted after vehemently denying it when Trump declared a national emergency only a few months ago) at the border, but the solution is not to let everyone flow into our country unchecked. The solution is to fight the root causes.

I disagree with a lot the Republican party is doing, but regarding the immigration question, the Republicans are the adults in the room. There can be no question about that. The Democrats have totally lost their marbles with regards to immigration. They went full on nuts.

Sorry but your post made absolutist statements in complete ignorance of reality. I have rephrased to help:

The situation on the border is the way it is because both parties punted after the 1986 agreement and allowed the Koch network and Chamber of Commerce to maintain this ideal dual-status system where legal immigrants come in for high-skill jobs and illegal immigrants come in for low-skill jobs - and both at rates cheaper than native-born Americans will do those jobs. This is precisely what many industries want, and their lobbyists have guaranteed, the last three decades.

The amount of illegal crossings at the southern border is totally attributable to Central America being a horrendous place to live since the civil wars of the 1980s and five Mexican states being under cartel siege since the mid-2000s.

Only after including the above would some of your statement then be accurate.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

seb146

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:07 pm

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

Except that you are ignoring a very fundamental fact. The squalid condition you refer to are because Congress refuses to even acknowledge the border problem because their only answer to anything the President presents is ignored and especially with the Democrats, their only solution is to keep the collusion/obstruction smear job of DJT alive to railroad the President. I certainly don't want these pieces of human filth that are on a continual witch hunt to railroad a sitting POTUS running my country.

If you would read history, the Japanese people in the United States during WWII were not held in concentration camps. It is an embarrassment of out history, but they were interred during the war in the mistaken belief that they would collude with Japan. A really bad part of our history, but they WERE NOT held in concentration camps.

True about what you are going through. Failing to accept your delusional mental condition that contrary to established science refused to acknowledge that their are only 2 genders and that medical science cannot change a persons gender is the stuff fairy tale are made of. No. Gender is not fluid. It is binary and it's purpose is for procreation of the human race.

Have you ever been to one of the Asian concentration camps? I have seen the one near Lone Pine, California. Barbed wire, guard towers, no means of support, just keep throwing them in because they are a threat. Compare that to the children in the camps at the border. They get no beds, bedding, soap or toothpaste, no means of support, guard towers, disease, just keep throwing them in cages. We were told they are a threat to our way of life. Children.

The problem is Democrats understand that simply building a wall will not solve anything. The occupant of the White House has repeated this so many times that Republicans believe it. Other lies that have been repeated they are now true are the line about immigrants demanding free stuff and obstruction by Democrats. Go look at Democrat's proposals. Of which, there are many. They include reforming the immigration process, hiring more security to patrol the border, hiring more people to process immigrants,

The crisis at the border is the fault of Republicans for not doing anything for the two years they were in control of everything. They did not do anything to help the Central American countries, they did not do anything to help border patrol agents, they did not do anything except blame Democrats.

Republicans don't dare talk about the who knows how many of Europeans and Asians who are in this country illegally. Added bonus: they do not have to sleep on cement with only a piece of mylar to comfort them.

aerorobnz

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:54 pm

I wanted to see a whole lot more from them and I think it has been damaging to the democratic party, they all came off as insincere patronizing hypocirites who have all learned nothing since 2016. Outside of the debates I prefer Buttigieg and Gabbard as candidates but they or any other are going to have to undo the collective harm it has done the party first. They need to occupy some reasonable middle-ground if they want big chunks of swing voters. The worrying thing is that they increased the chance of voters staying home if "their" candidate doesn't get nominated, because they came across as a collective of misfits, frauds and delusionals..
A lot of improvement is needed. 1/5
Flown to 147 Airports in 62 Countries on 83 Operators and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:41 am

stratclub wrote:

They don’t have a problem with illegals being counted in the census either. This is exactly why they love their sanctuary cities. Congressional apportionment:

https://www.census.gov/population/appor ... t/how.html

How It's Calculated

The Constitution provides that each state will have a minimum of one member in the U.S. House of Representatives, and then the apportionment calculation divides the remaining 385 seats among the 50 states. Congress decides the method used to calculate the apportionment.

The method for calculating the apportionment has changed over time. The methods used through most of the 20th century have been based upon the use of a mathematically determined priority listing of states. Adopted by Congress in 1941 and used each census thereafter, the method of equal proportions also results in a listing of the states according to a priority value--calculated by dividing the population of each state by the geometric mean of its current and next seats--that assigns seats 51 through 435. The method of equal proportions is calculated according to provisions of Title 2, U.S. Code.

For a technical description of how the method of equal proportions was used in developing the apportionment counts, see Computing Apportionment.

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:24 am

seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Have you ever been to one of the Asian concentration camps? I have seen the one near Lone Pine, California. Barbed wire, guard towers, no means of support, just keep throwing them in because they are a threat. Compare that to the children in the camps at the border. They get no beds, bedding, soap or toothpaste, no means of support, guard towers, disease, just keep throwing them in cages. We were told they are a threat to our way of life. Children.

The problem is Democrats understand that simply building a wall will not solve anything. The occupant of the White House has repeated this so many times that Republicans believe it. Other lies that have been repeated they are now true are the line about immigrants demanding free stuff and obstruction by Democrats. Go look at Democrat's proposals. Of which, there are many. They include reforming the immigration process, hiring more security to patrol the border, hiring more people to process immigrants,

The crisis at the border is the fault of Republicans for not doing anything for the two years they were in control of everything. They did not do anything to help the Central American countries, they did not do anything to help border patrol agents, they did not do anything except blame Democrats.

Republicans don't dare talk about the who knows how many of Europeans and Asians who are in this country illegally. Added bonus: they do not have to sleep on cement with only a piece of mylar to comfort them.

And that followed years of no action by the Democrats. Just like the coming crash of Social Security, both parties would rather play to their bases at election time than actually do something.

BTW, TR said “there are no hyphenated Americans” and that was when German was the second most widely used language after English.

GF

seb146

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:18 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
And that followed years of no action by the Democrats. Just like the coming crash of Social Security, both parties would rather play to their bases at election time than actually do something.

BTW, TR said “there are no hyphenated Americans” and that was when German was the second most widely used language after English.

GF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... 6794a7c2ee
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4468 ... order-wall

Pretty much the same proposals Democrats have been putting out there for years. Nothing at all, right? Funding for border security and a path to citizenship. Nothing.

As far as Social Security, if Republicans would leave it alone, it would be solvent for decades. But, Republicans insist on cutting Social Security because giving our money back to us is making seniors and the disabled dependent on the government.