NoTime
Topic Author

Antifa Violence

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:59 pm

It seems pointing out lefty violence on this forum can get threads locked. And, not only that, can get seemingly innocuous posts completely deleted. Perhaps it was the title of the thread, which I suppose could be seen as triggering or inciting to some people.

So, in an attempt to reorient, I'd like to start a new thread about the important subject of Antifa (and, more generally, liberal/left) violence against the right. We all know that far-right violence gets a lot of headlines and attention. However, far-left violence typically gets downplayed or ignored altogether.

Exhibit A - The aforementioned assault on a journalist. (https://reason.com/2019/06/29/antifa-an ... -violence/) Not only did they beat up the gay, asian reporter and send him to the emergency room, they apparently stole his camera. Additionally, Portland police are claiming that some of the "milkshakes" the Antifa protesters were throwing contained quick-dry cement, which can apparently cause chemical burns (or blindness if it gets into the eyes).

TSS

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Journalist Tim Pool's report on the situation, including how much of main stream media turn a blind eye to or grossly underreport ANTIFA violence- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gSGsaJ24wo
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:36 pm

Antifa=those who rally against neo nazis.

Ngo is a far right wing neo nazi sympathizer.

PPD does not know where the milkshakes came from.

Maybe if people would quit supporting neo nazis things like this would not happen.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

NoTime
Topic Author

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:28 pm

seb146 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surely you've got some evidence to support that claim?

(By the way, Ngo is a gay asian man... not quite friend material for neo-nazis.)

Once you answer my first question, I'd like for you to answer this one - By your reasoning, do groups like the proud boys have the right to attack far-left communist sympathizers? I mean, that's essentially what you're saying...

TSS

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm

seb146 wrote:

Just so we understand, who in ANTIFA's, and apparently as well in your, eyes are "neo nazis"?

seb146 wrote:

Andy Ngo is a journalist for The Quillette https://quillette.com. After a quick perusal of their articles, I couldn't find anything that seemed remotely nazi-esque, nor indeed anything that I would consider "far right wing". Please provide links to examples of Mr. Ngo's work that support your assertion that he is a "far right wing neo nazi sympathizer".

seb146 wrote:

Are you suggesting that a nearby milkshake tree just happened to be laden with ripe fruit at the time of the protest? In Tim Pool's report he stated that there was video of the milkshakes being handed out to demonstrators. It apparently has not been made public yet, and may be currently being held as evidence in an ongoing investigation.

seb146 wrote:
Maybe if people would quit supporting neo nazis things like this would not happen.....

If the far left in general and ANTIFA in particular would engage in open, reasoned debate in a public forum as rational adults should rather than resorting to unfounded name-calling and unprovoked violence as spoiled toddlers do, these things most certainly would not happen.

jetwet1

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:41 pm

There are good people on both sides......

There are also Neo Nazi a'holes and the people that want to fight them (also A'holes) so how about instead of calling out one side or the other, we call out all the A'Holes together and stand united against them ????

And again, only 491 days until the next election.....

seb146

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:46 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Just so we understand, who in ANTIFA's, and apparently as well in your, eyes are "neo nazis"?

seb146 wrote:

Andy Ngo is a journalist for The Quillette https://quillette.com. After a quick perusal of their articles, I couldn't find anything that seemed remotely nazi-esque, nor indeed anything that I would consider "far right wing". Please provide links to examples of Mr. Ngo's work that support your assertion that he is a "far right wing neo nazi sympathizer".

seb146 wrote:

Are you suggesting that a nearby milkshake tree just happened to be laden with ripe fruit at the time of the protest? In Tim Pool's report he stated that there was video of the milkshakes being handed out to demonstrators. It apparently has not been made public yet, and may be currently being held as evidence in an ongoing investigation.

seb146 wrote:

If the far left in general and ANTIFA in particular would engage in open, reasoned debate in a public forum as rational adults should rather than resorting to unfounded name-calling and unprovoked violence as spoiled toddlers do, these things most certainly would not happen.

Just to be clear, this is who is being defended as patriots and attacked and wanting to be silenced and rational adults

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/proud-bo ... 035b928683
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/th ... ht-n922946
https://www.thedailybeast.com/video-pro ... antifa-nyt
https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtow ... er-lawsuit
https://www.opb.org/news/article/oregon ... r-lawsuit/

If you have to ask what neo Nazis are and who they are, maybe you should not comment?

TSS

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:20 pm

seb146 wrote:
TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

seb146 wrote:

seb146 wrote:

seb146 wrote:

Just to be clear, this is who is being defended as patriots and attacked and wanting to be silenced and rational adults

I didn't see Andy Ngo's name mentioned anywhere in any of those articles. Again, please provide links to examples of Mr. Ngo's work that support your assertion that he is a "far right wing neo nazi sympathizer".

seb146 wrote:
If you have to ask what neo Nazis are and who they are, maybe you should not comment?

I know who neo nazis are. I asked you to tell us who in ANTIFA's, and apparently as well in your, eyes are "neo nazis"? Thus far you have only listed the "Proud Boys". Can you provide a link between Andy Ngo and the Proud Boys movement?

casinterest

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Why is Antifa important? Seriously?

On a list of 1 million things, this might get ranked at the bottom 10 %.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Aesma

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:41 am

Here in France antifa and far right nuts are now participating in the same protests, both attacking the police, how things can evolve in strange directions.

Their new weapon is the cacatov, caca=poop and tov as in molotov cocktail...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

MaverickM11

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:40 am

NoTime wrote:
It seems pointing out lefty violence on this forum can get threads locked. And, not only that, can get seemingly innocuous posts completely deleted. Perhaps it was the title of the thread, which I suppose could be seen as triggering or inciting to some people.

So, in an attempt to reorient, I'd like to start a new thread about the important subject of Antifa (and, more generally, liberal/left) violence against the right. We all know that far-right violence gets a lot of headlines and attention. However, far-left violence typically gets downplayed or ignored altogether.

Exhibit A - The aforementioned assault on a journalist. (https://reason.com/2019/06/29/antifa-an ... -violence/) Not only did they beat up the gay, asian reporter and send him to the emergency room, they apparently stole his camera. Additionally, Portland police are claiming that some of the "milkshakes" the Antifa protesters were throwing contained quick-dry cement, which can apparently cause chemical burns (or blindness if it gets into the eyes).

Funny that you leave out the Patriots Proud Boy Pussy Prayer militias that show up every month it seems in Portland with the express intent to foment violence. Shockingly, it works sometimes. :roll:

TSS wrote:
Journalist Tim Pool's report on the situation, including how much of main stream media turn a blind eye to or grossly underreport ANTIFA violence- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gSGsaJ24wo

Probably because left wing violence doesn't hold a candle to the blazing sun of violence that emanates from the right, and that's with the administration hobbling fight against their base *whoops* I mean white supremacy.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Super80Fan

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:02 am

Antifa = Against anyone who's views deter from theirs.

I have a leftist friend (as in someone who voted twice for Obama, despises Bush & Trump, is gay, checks off all of the boxes on the list) who got physically attacked by Antifa in Boston because he dared to tell them to stop physically attacking others who weren't doing anything but expressing their opinion.

There is no question groups like "The Proud Boys" and others are dangerous extremist groups, but Antifa is as well and it scares be that the lefties on this forum don't see or understand that.

Antifa is a Nazi group within themselves because you are an enemy if your views do not coincide with theirs.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

VSMUT

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:10 am

Aesma wrote:
Here in France antifa and far right nuts are now participating in the same protests, both attacking the police, how things can evolve in strange directions.

Same here. That's the only time you ever hear about "antifa".

My work colleagues who are right wing oriented, practically consider Antifa as the biggest threat to humanity ever. If you were to believe them they are lurking everywhere, on street corners, in basements, in dumpsters, on attics, in their dreams and so on. Personally I have never seen anything remotely related to "antifa".

Aesma

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:22 am

Super80Fan wrote:

I have a leftist friend (as in someone who voted twice for Obama, despises Bush & Trump, is gay, checks off all of the boxes on the list) who got physically attacked by Antifa in Boston because he dared to tell them to stop physically attacking others who weren't doing anything but expressing their opinion.

There is no question groups like "The Proud Boys" and others are dangerous extremist groups, but Antifa is as well and it scares be that the lefties on this forum don't see or understand that.

Antifa is a Nazi group within themselves because you are an enemy if your views do not coincide with theirs.

Well in the US you have plenty of nazi groups and don't care about them, so why care about "antifa" ?

BTW, "antifa" is not a group, there is no organization, no leader.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

sierrakilo44

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:37 am

VSMUT wrote:
My work colleagues who are right wing oriented, practically consider Antifa as the biggest threat to humanity ever. If you were to believe them they are lurking everywhere, on street corners, in basements, in dumpsters, on attics, in their dreams and so on. Personally I have never seen anything remotely related to "antifa".

They also think people like Bernie Sanders, Ilhan Omar and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are secret Antifa agents, and anyone left of conservative Republican is a “Marxist”. In reality these people are centrists from a European standard, and they would have a heart attack if they met an actual Marxist, as there are none in the American political scene at the moment.

Antifa groups probably consist of a few dozen 19yr old anarchist college students in each city who throw things at an equal number of Proud Boys at every rally. They have as much political influence as the North Portland Women’s Latin Gospel Choir.

VSMUT

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:56 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
Antifa groups probably consist of a few dozen 19yr old anarchist college students in each city who throw things at an equal number of Proud Boys at every rally. They have as much political influence as the North Portland Women’s Latin Gospel Choir.

To be fair, the few antifa protestors in my country don't seem so set on gaining power, as much as preventing the other extreme from getting it. If they even vote, it is for existing left-oriented parties. The far right on the other hand has no qualms about seeking power. The recent election here featured 2 new far-right extremist parties and one existing established one...

slider

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Aesma wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Well in the US you have plenty of nazi groups and don't care about them, so why care about "antifa" ?

No leader, per se, but there are George Soros' funding ties to an Antifa organization. Par for the course, really.

TSS

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:45 pm

"We are frogs in a pot, and the pot is boiling"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bis-yaANE

zkojq

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:59 pm

slider wrote:

No leader, per se, but there are George Soros' funding ties to an Antifa organization. Par for the course, really.

Enough with blaming everything on Soros. I'm sick of the anti-Semitism.
First to fly the 787-9

seb146

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:25 pm

casinterest wrote:

Because they protest against the Republican base. They are hated because they want EVERYONE to be free, not just white evangelicals.

MaverickM11

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:31 pm

TSS wrote:
"We are frogs in a pot, and the pot is boiling"- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bis-yaANE

And 2018 was even worse:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/extremist-rel ... d=60568464

"Based on the 17 incidents that the ADL included in their report, which resulted in 50 deaths, the group concludes that right-wing extremists killed more people in 2018 than any year since 1995 when the Oklahoma City bombings took place."
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:32 pm

Aesma wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Plenty of people care about neo nazis. That is why they had milkshakes and eggs thrown at them by counter protesters. The police are quick to defend neo nazis because there are neo nazis among them. Right wingers need to lump everyone into groups. They need one name to point at and say how much they hate. They can not say "anti nazi protesters" because that goes against their base. So, they simply made up a name. "Anti-" (against) and "-fa" (fascist).

So, again, righties are upset over people protesting fascists.

seb146

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:36 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
TSS wrote:

I didn't see Andy Ngo's name mentioned anywhere in any of those articles. Again, please provide links to examples of Mr. Ngo's work that support your assertion that he is a "far right wing neo nazi sympathizer".

seb146 wrote:

I know who neo nazis are. I asked you to tell us who in ANTIFA's, and apparently as well in your, eyes are "neo nazis"? Thus far you have only listed the "Proud Boys". Can you provide a link between Andy Ngo and the Proud Boys movement?

Don't side step. YOU asked about neo nazis. I provided links about how violent they are. Now you are side stepping to Ngo, who reports on neo nazis for right wing outlets. He spins their hate into victimhood. That is what extremist sites do.

casinterest

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Because they protest against the Republican base. They are hated because they want EVERYONE to be free, not just white evangelicals.

My point is that we are stuck on this thread because Portland allowed a bunch of right wing nutcases to march, and because a fight broke out between aggressive members of the organizations ,the snowflakes on the right are crying about Antifa.

If they were decent law abiding folks, the right wing would allow the police to do their investigation into what caused the altercation.

MaverickM11

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:00 pm

slider wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Why was my post deleted? Are we not allowed to draw the bright red line between republicans blaming Soros for bringing in violent immigrants with the gunman that shot up a synagogue because someone--I won't say who!--convinced him the Jews were bringing in violent immigrants? Or the line between republicans' pervasive islamophobia and the multiple mosque shootings? It's probably all a coincidence. :roll:

casinterest wrote:
If they were decent law abiding folks, the right wing would allow the police to do their investigation into what caused the altercation.

The cops are often buddy buddy with the militias:

Texts Between Portland Police and Patriot Prayer Ringleader Joey Gibson Show Warm Exchange
https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2019/ ... -exchange/
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:09 pm

Quick back history on Portland:

In the 1980s and 1990s, people in California saw cheap housing in Oregon, so they moved. Some came from places like Oakland, Ventura, and others came from very Republican areas like San Diego and Orange County and IMMEDIATELY started complaining about all the Mexicans and queers and "liberals" and why is there transit everywhere and those damn Californians ruining Oregon.

IIRC, the leader of Proud Boys lives in Vancouver, Washington, across the river from Portland. I suspect one reason he does not march in his home town is he would not get the media coverage and/or we would see just how small this group is if they do march alone.

I wonder how many neo nazis there actually were vs. counter protesters? I would guess it would be a very large gap favoring counter protesters but neo nazis don't want anyone to see that......

TSS

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Sky News Australia's take on Sunday's events- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnXcupWXaAc

casinterest

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:30 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Texts Between Portland Police and Patriot Prayer Ringleader Joey Gibson Show Warm Exchange

This seems to be more an more a local issue with the city of portland allowing demonstrations to get progressively worse. The police should probably set up demonstration points with barricades, and allow both sides to shout at each other with the police in the middle. March permits should not be granted to either organization for the foreseeable future.

Redd

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm

slider wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

I've heard Soros is working with the Martians and the Lochness monster, Crazy times.

seb146

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm

casinterest wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

This seems to be more an more a local issue with the city of portland allowing demonstrations to get progressively worse. The police should probably set up demonstration points with barricades, and allow both sides to shout at each other with the police in the middle. March permits should not be granted to either organization for the foreseeable future.

I had an interesting thought:

Let the neo nazis march but only through north Portland (which is mostly minorities) and let the counter protests march through Lents (mostly white) and see how that plays out.

Kilopond

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:04 pm

Close to 100% of the apologetics of the fraudulent "western democracy" system do believe they were the "good guys". Almost none of them is aware of all the lies fabricated by J. Edgar Hoover and the likes. Otherwise they would realise that Antifa is a front organisation of the City and the Wall Street. Composed of notorious useful idiots who strengthen the system by pretending to fighting it.

aviationaware

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Antifa are just as bad as nazis. They are the brownshirts of our time. Antifa and their sympathisers are despicable and have no place in our country.

Redd wrote:

I've heard Soros is working with the Martians and the Lochness monster, Crazy times.

There's hard proof linking Soros to Antifa. Your ridiculing it just shows that you are one of the despicable antifa apologists.

Super80Fan

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:04 am

seb146 wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Plenty of people care about neo nazis. That is why they had milkshakes and eggs thrown at them by counter protesters. The police are quick to defend neo nazis because there are neo nazis among them. Right wingers need to lump everyone into groups. They need one name to point at and say how much they hate. They can not say "anti nazi protesters" because that goes against their base. So, they simply made up a name. "Anti-" (against) and "-fa" (fascist).

So, again, righties are upset over people protesting fascists.

You definitely come up with some creative conspiracy theories.

Just face it, you support a group that does the same things as the people they "fight" against.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Super80Fan

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 am

casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

My point is that we are stuck on this thread because Portland allowed a bunch of right wing nutcases to march, and because a fight broke out between aggressive members of the organizations ,the snowflakes on the right are crying about Antifa.

Except when you take your blinders off you see that both sides are extremist and violent. This is not a Charlottesville or KKK counterprotest, this is a far left extremist violent group.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Aaron747

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:37 am

aviationaware wrote:
Antifa are just as bad as nazis. They are the brownshirts of our time. Antifa and their sympathisers are despicable and have no place in our country.

Redd wrote:

There's hard proof linking Soros to Antifa. Your ridiculing it just shows that you are one of the despicable antifa apologists.

Manufactured proof - they are a front that sows sympathy for major corporations. My friends and I stood and watched at a peaceful Iraq War protest in downtown SF in 2003 as 12 rabid freaks in head-to-toe black pulled post boxes and newspaper stands out of the sidewalk and heaved them through the nearest Starbucks and Wells Fargo windows. We reported them 5 minutes later to SFPD. They were well-funded/trained as they had the tools and ability to get things unmounted from the sidewalk in what seemed like seconds.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

NoTime
Topic Author

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:37 am

seb146 wrote:

Still waiting on that proof, buddy...

casinterest wrote:
My point is that we are stuck on this thread because Portland allowed a bunch of right wing nutcases to march

You seem to act as if that's a terrible thing. Of course they allowed them to march... that's kind of a right in our country.

and because a fight broke out between aggressive members of the organizations ,the snowflakes on the right are crying about Antifa.

What in the world are you even talking about? This thread was about a gay/asian journalist, who was peacefully taking video, who was attacked and sent to the emergency room.

aviationaware wrote:
Antifa are just as bad as nazis. They are the brownshirts of our time.

Absolutely correct. Antifa are cowardly thugs.

Notice how quickly the left went from "words are violence" to calling everyone that disagrees with them a "Nazi", to saying that it's OK to punch Nazis? When everyone to the right of Marx is considered a Nazi, that makes for a lot of targets.

ltbewr

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:48 am

The use of physical or verbal violence hurts a cause, no matter which 'side' it is. We have seen more aggressive behaviors over social and political issues, to get attention for and show disgust for the 'others' views. Today's social media, fear and frustration with changes in our society or lack of them, economic imbalance and insecurity, major issues are being ignored or overplayed in some's views, racism, sexism, anti-immigration, religoius views all parts of what drive extremism. How do we deal with it is difficult but as history shows, if we don't we will all suffer.

casinterest

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:23 am

NoTime wrote:
casinterest wrote:
My point is that we are stuck on this thread because Portland allowed a bunch of right wing nutcases to march

You seem to act as if that's a terrible thing. Of course they allowed them to march... that's kind of a right in our country.

and because a fight broke out between aggressive members of the organizations ,the snowflakes on the right are crying about Antifa.

What in the world are you even talking about? This thread was about a gay/asian journalist, who was peacefully taking video, who was attacked and sent to the emergency room.

This thread is a recurring disaster about Cowardly thugs (Proud (dishonorable) boys that keep marching for some sort of right to what is it?
Why do they always protest in portland? Are they Stupid or do they just like the publicity?

The cowardly thugs were outnumbered 4-1 by counter protestors sick of having their saturdays ruined by racist cowardly thugs that are not from portland.
Amidst the non-permited march ( no permit was granted) a fight broke out with members of the counter protestors getting into a skirmish with the cowardly thugs from proud boys that show up at these "peaceful free speech events" with weapons.

Three people are in jail for the attack on the right wing journalist who was dressed like a street thug, and justice will be served.

Not a terrorist event or a nazi event .
Just a recurring event of escalation led by dishonorable right wing idiots that are not from portland.

casinterest

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:24 am

Super80Fan wrote:
casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Except when you take your blinders off you see that both sides are extremist and violent. This is not a Charlottesville or KKK counterprotest, this is a far left extremist violent group.

No, this is a recurrent trend of outsiders invading one specific town and protesting like morons every 2-6 months.

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:29 am

aviationaware wrote:

For people who lose their mind at the mention of concentration camps on the border (but not when Joe Arpaio runs them)...do you even know what a Nazi is?

NoTime wrote:

Two violent groups meet periodically in Portland inevitably resulting in violence and you totally absolve the Proud Boy Pussy Patriot Prayer Parade completely, every single time. This will happen again in a few weeks and I'm sure you'll whine about it again, *completely* ignoring the other half of the equation.

NoTime wrote:
to saying that it's OK to punch Nazis? When everyone to the right of Marx is considered a Nazi, that makes for a lot of targets.

How many times did the president tell his supporters to punch people? I've lost count. How many Democrats have pile-drived journalists, in the spirit of demonizing journalists from the president on down? I can't remember--maybe you could help me out. :roll:

casinterest wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
casinterest wrote:

No, this is a recurrent trend of outsiders invading one specific town and protesting like morons every 2-6 months.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: It's like white supremacist groundhog day, and every single time Bill Murray learns the wrong lesson.
E pur si muove -Galileo

alfa164

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:52 am

TSS wrote:
I didn't see Andy Ngo's name mentioned anywhere in any of those articles. Again, please provide links to examples of Mr. Ngo's work that support your assertion that he is a "far right wing neo nazi sympathizer".?

Start here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/wall-st ... and-2018-8

TSS wrote:
Andy Ngo is a journalist for The Quillette https://quillette.com. .

Perhaps in the same sense that I am (or you are) a "journalist" for A.Net; his reputation is more like that of a provocateur than an honest, objective reporter:

https://medium.com/@BJ_Murphy/no-andy-n ... a24ce4012a

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quillette
Last edited by alfa164 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Super80Fan

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:58 am

casinterest wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Yeah, by racists and violent far left anarchists.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

seb146

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:15 am

casinterest wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
casinterest wrote:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/andy-ngo ... 6ca5811e0c

From the article

The real common thread between these rallies has always been the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer, semi-regular insurgencies in a city their leaders don’t call home. The only thing that changes is the number of people who show up to protest, and now the extremists are often outnumbered 4-to-1 by throngs of protesters demanding that they leave.

The neo nazi extremists are not from there, outnumbered, and not wanted in Portland. But, yeah, let's blame the counter protesters and have neo nazis play victim.....

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:20 am

From the last time this happened, rinse and repeat:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1405759

alfa164 wrote:
TSS wrote:
I didn't see Andy Ngo's name mentioned anywhere in any of those articles. Again, please provide links to examples of Mr. Ngo's work that support your assertion that he is a "far right wing neo nazi sympathizer".?

Start here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/wall-st ... and-2018-8

TSS wrote:
Andy Ngo is a journalist for The Quillette https://quillette.com. .

Perhaps in the same sense that I am (or you are) a "journalist" for A.Net; his reputation is more like that of a provocateur than an honest, objective reporter:

https://medium.com/@BJ_Murphy/no-andy-n ... a24ce4012a

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Quillette

Aaaaaand we get the real story, to no one's surprise:

"A few days ago, Andy and his buddies at Quillette decided to dox several journalists (some of whom were Jewish), claiming them to be “members” of AntiFa. In doing so, they helped a bunch of neo-nazis and white supremacists make a “kill-list” based on the names revealed by Andy et al."

OH and no concrete milkshakes. Quelle surprise.

"Portland PD has failed to offer any actual evidence that these milkshakes contained any quick-drying cement."
E pur si muove -Galileo

TTailedTiger

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:05 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Funny that you leave out the Patriots Proud Boy Pussy Prayer militias that show up every month it seems in Portland with the express intent to foment violence. Shockingly, it works sometimes. :roll:

TSS wrote:

Probably because left wing violence doesn't hold a candle to the blazing sun of violence that emanates from the right, and that's with the administration hobbling fight against their base *whoops* I mean white supremacy.

Sad that you won't condemn antifa's violence.

TTailedTiger

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:09 am

zkojq wrote:
slider wrote:

I haven't seen any anti-Semitic remarks made against Soros here. Why are you making such claims? When the left constantly attacks Ben Shapiro can I also call it antisemitism?

MaverickM11

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:09 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

TSS wrote:

Sad that you won't condemn antifa's violence.

50 right wing murders in 2018. Not a single one left wing. You first.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Aesma

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:12 am

Aside from Soros (who will you blame when he's gone ?) can you cite any prominent politician supporting what you call "antifa" ?

I will continue to put "antifa" in quotes because here in Europe antifascists are a real thing, far left political groups that sometimes clash with neo-nazi types (one died a few years ago during such a fight), however what we see during protests aren't these groups, but what we call "black blocks", people who are there to fight, with a strategy and an organization for that purpose only, and have very little to no political view at all, aside from "fuck the police". There can be some overlap between the two, just like most members of both are usually young men, but they're not the same thing.

seb146

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:21 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
zkojq wrote:
slider wrote:

I haven't seen any anti-Semitic remarks made against Soros here. Why are you making such claims? When the left constantly attacks Ben Shapiro can I also call it antisemitism?

When anyone speaks out against Israel, they are anti Semitic. Why not use the same logic about Soros?

Redd

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:41 am

aviationaware wrote:

Redd wrote:

Thanks for bringing that to light, I had no idea I had been an Antifa apologist all this time. You learn something everyday I guess.