Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:
People, this is VERY simple. Even if ANTIFA is a wonderful organization, it’s not okay to beat up journalists until their brain bleeds. Doing that was wrong and abhorrent. How can some people not be willing to admit this?


We don't need a lecture. To quote you from another thread: "That’s not a substantive response. Why don’t you throw in some relevant facts?"

It’s not a lecture. It’s a statement of fact. Do you think that it was okay for ANTIFA to beat up a journalist until his brain bled?
 
Babyshark
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:54 pm

Democrats wearing masks and terrorizing those they dont like has been their thing since... when was the KKK formed? 1865?

I loved when Antifa's overweight women and skinny men showed up to Auburn University a year or so ago in their masks and the cops told them you're not allowed to wear masks in Alabama- it was outlawed because of the KKK. The antifa crowd was so confused on what to do. It was hilarious.
 
User avatar
EstherLouise
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:10 am

Antifa is terrorist group. I thought that was common knowledge. Most are just hooligans with deadly weapons.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83
 
User avatar
Super80Fan
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:14 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:58 am

EstherLouise wrote:
Antifa is terrorist group. I thought that was common knowledge. Most are just hooligans with deadly weapons.


I thought so as well but the far left continues to surprise me daily, and not in a good way.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
 
Redd
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:41 am

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

And "conservatives" will proudly fly the flag of slave owners and racists and be the first to loudly defend neo Nazis. Even those middle of the road "both sides do it" types.

This did not start with the 24 hour news cycle. It started when the Fairness Doctrine was taken away. Right wingers were able to rant and rave about how "liberals" are destroying America 24/7 using shaky evidence they sold as gospel truth. Look at the "war on Christmas" and the Republican talking point of "Christians under attack." It is always violence with these people.

Righties can use the "both sides do it" excuse all they want to justify their hate and misinformation, but you have to admit that one side does it a hell of a lot more than "liberals"!


Yeah don’t know where you got that I or even any sane conservative defends neo nazis. They are pig headed turds.


When a right winger/conservative/Republican says "very fine people on both sides" and whine that one reporter had one milkshake thrown at him one time and are completely and totally silent at the calls to label counter protesters as terrorists, that is the same as defending neo Nazis. Screaming "BOTH SIDES DO IT SO BAN ANTIFA!!!" when one neo Nazi is beat up is defending neo Nazis.

Both sides do not do it.

I want to know exactly how counter protesters are funded. If both sides do it, they get money from manufacture and distribution of drugs and stockpile and selling firearms and extortion and tax fraud. If both sides do it, counter protesters distribute literature demanding specific ethnic and religious people leave. If both sides do it, counter protesters have a leader. If both sides do it, you right wingers/conservatives/Republicans have proof. So, let's see it.


N575ST is right here, and if you read through his words carefully he's presenting a very important point. Dividing ourselves into these polarized tribes of left and right, and then many many subtribes underneath that is not doing anything good for society. Not only is it being divisive but many of these small sub tribes are screaming very loud and are being mistaken for representing the larger majority. Antifa is despicable and I don't know of any sane liberal who in any way support them or make excuses for them. Luckily they're a band of sub-intelligent unorganized and undernourished thugs who will never be taken seriously. But what they do is, and this is applicable to the right wing fringe groups, is silence anyone who isn't following their narrative/ideaology to the letter, or at least that's what they're attempting to do... It's funny they call themselves anti-fascists because they are carrying themselves like fascists and authoritarians. They not only act like Mussolini's black shirts but they even dress like them.

The fact is this, the majority of people you sit down and have a conversation with regardless of their political views are generally good people, whichever side of the political spectrum they are on. What we should be doing as a society is not bickering and fighting amongst ourselves, but the fringe groups are making that impossible. Both the left and the right are behaving in horrible ways right now, dividing people and polarizing us against each other as human beings more than in any time in history. That's what we should be worried about, because a divided population is one which will never be able to accomplish anything collectively, and it leaves the politicians to do what ever the hell they want.
 
User avatar
Lilienthal
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:05 am

I would love to see some actual numbers on far left violence. By credible sources not a handful of self-proclaimed internet "journalists". The assumption that the non-existence of statistics that support the claims made in this thread is an indication of some kind of overarching media conspiracy is... doubtful to say the least. Violence, injuries and deaths create a paper trail. If there is far left violence that goes beyond a bunch of aggressive idiots throwing fists at a rally and into nationally organized, wide spread violence, then that should be easily recognizable by the numbers alone.

It seems like people are clinging to a handful of instances that get amplified in their social media filter bubbles through likes, shares and karma to a point where it really doesn't represent what's actually happening. One should also remember that this is exactly the modus operandi of non-US agitators that try to push a narrative on social media that deepens the political divide of the American society.

"ANTIFA" seems to be the new buzzword for the new right, also here in Germany, where we arguably have more far left violence than in the US. But that violence consists of a bunch of confused university freshmen lighting up cars and disrupting train traffic (you know... fighting the big bad capitalists). Only very rarely clashes with far right thugs. But just as in the US, the German far right party AFD tried - in light of numerous instances of organized far right violence - to push the narrative of overreaching far left ANTIFA violence to somehow paint a picture that "the left is just as bad". They got shut don quick because it's simply not true. And I've yet to see any evidence that it's different in the US...
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm

Redd wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

Yeah don’t know where you got that I or even any sane conservative defends neo nazis. They are pig headed turds.


When a right winger/conservative/Republican says "very fine people on both sides" and whine that one reporter had one milkshake thrown at him one time and are completely and totally silent at the calls to label counter protesters as terrorists, that is the same as defending neo Nazis. Screaming "BOTH SIDES DO IT SO BAN ANTIFA!!!" when one neo Nazi is beat up is defending neo Nazis.

Both sides do not do it.

I want to know exactly how counter protesters are funded. If both sides do it, they get money from manufacture and distribution of drugs and stockpile and selling firearms and extortion and tax fraud. If both sides do it, counter protesters distribute literature demanding specific ethnic and religious people leave. If both sides do it, counter protesters have a leader. If both sides do it, you right wingers/conservatives/Republicans have proof. So, let's see it.


N575ST is right here, and if you read through his words carefully he's presenting a very important point. Dividing ourselves into these polarized tribes of left and right, and then many many subtribes underneath that is not doing anything good for society. Not only is it being divisive but many of these small sub tribes are screaming very loud and are being mistaken for representing the larger majority. Antifa is despicable and I don't know of any sane liberal who in any way support them or make excuses for them. Luckily they're a band of sub-intelligent unorganized and undernourished thugs who will never be taken seriously. But what they do is, and this is applicable to the right wing fringe groups, is silence anyone who isn't following their narrative/ideaology to the letter, or at least that's what they're attempting to do... It's funny they call themselves anti-fascists because they are carrying themselves like fascists and authoritarians. They not only act like Mussolini's black shirts but they even dress like them.

The fact is this, the majority of people you sit down and have a conversation with regardless of their political views are generally good people, whichever side of the political spectrum they are on. What we should be doing as a society is not bickering and fighting amongst ourselves, but the fringe groups are making that impossible. Both the left and the right are behaving in horrible ways right now, dividing people and polarizing us against each other as human beings more than in any time in history. That's what we should be worried about, because a divided population is one which will never be able to accomplish anything collectively, and it leaves the politicians to do what ever the hell they want.


Let me ask you this, then:

since both sides have good people and both sides want the violence to stop, why does the right keep insisting that counter protesters have a name and have funding and have murdered in the name of their "organization"?

Further, what have Republicans done to stop neo Nazis and white supremacists? Like Steve King and David Duke?

I am still waiting on answers to pointed questions I have asked about counter protesters, too.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Magog wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:
People, this is VERY simple. Even if ANTIFA is a wonderful organization, it’s not okay to beat up journalists until their brain bleeds. Doing that was wrong and abhorrent. How can some people not be willing to admit this?


We don't need a lecture. To quote you from another thread: "That’s not a substantive response. Why don’t you throw in some relevant facts?"

It’s not a lecture. It’s a statement of fact. Do you think that it was okay for ANTIFA to beat up a journalist until his brain bled?


Both sides do it. A white supremacist drove his car into a crowd of counter protesters, killing one. Neo Nazis and KKK and white supremacists have murdered and maimed for their cause. So, if we go with the right wing talking point of "both sides do it" to justify the right's every action, then, yes. If we are playing by right wing rules. Apparently, that is what a majority of Americans are: right wing. So, let's play by their rules. Because "both sides do it".

It is a sick answer but that is what you want to hear, right?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 pm

This thread is about ANTIFA. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to talk about other groups. I’d love to join in the conversation.

Saying “both sides do it” is wrong. Only one side beats up gay reporters until their brain bleeds.
Last edited by Magog on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Redd
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:40 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
Redd wrote:
seb146 wrote:

When a right winger/conservative/Republican says "very fine people on both sides" and whine that one reporter had one milkshake thrown at him one time and are completely and totally silent at the calls to label counter protesters as terrorists, that is the same as defending neo Nazis. Screaming "BOTH SIDES DO IT SO BAN ANTIFA!!!" when one neo Nazi is beat up is defending neo Nazis.

Both sides do not do it.

I want to know exactly how counter protesters are funded. If both sides do it, they get money from manufacture and distribution of drugs and stockpile and selling firearms and extortion and tax fraud. If both sides do it, counter protesters distribute literature demanding specific ethnic and religious people leave. If both sides do it, counter protesters have a leader. If both sides do it, you right wingers/conservatives/Republicans have proof. So, let's see it.


N575ST is right here, and if you read through his words carefully he's presenting a very important point. Dividing ourselves into these polarized tribes of left and right, and then many many subtribes underneath that is not doing anything good for society. Not only is it being divisive but many of these small sub tribes are screaming very loud and are being mistaken for representing the larger majority. Antifa is despicable and I don't know of any sane liberal who in any way support them or make excuses for them. Luckily they're a band of sub-intelligent unorganized and undernourished thugs who will never be taken seriously. But what they do is, and this is applicable to the right wing fringe groups, is silence anyone who isn't following their narrative/ideaology to the letter, or at least that's what they're attempting to do... It's funny they call themselves anti-fascists because they are carrying themselves like fascists and authoritarians. They not only act like Mussolini's black shirts but they even dress like them.

The fact is this, the majority of people you sit down and have a conversation with regardless of their political views are generally good people, whichever side of the political spectrum they are on. What we should be doing as a society is not bickering and fighting amongst ourselves, but the fringe groups are making that impossible. Both the left and the right are behaving in horrible ways right now, dividing people and polarizing us against each other as human beings more than in any time in history. That's what we should be worried about, because a divided population is one which will never be able to accomplish anything collectively, and it leaves the politicians to do what ever the hell they want.


Let me ask you this, then:

since both sides have good people and both sides want the violence to stop, why does the right keep insisting that counter protesters have a name and have funding and have murdered in the name of their "organization"?

Further, what have Republicans done to stop neo Nazis and white supremacists? Like Steve King and David Duke?

I am still waiting on answers to pointed questions I have asked about counter protesters, too.


Let me answer your question with my own. Do you believe there are any good people who don't think like you?
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3038
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:36 pm

johnboy wrote:
Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.

I’d agree with you except that there are several people in this thread alone who have yet to concede that beating a reporter until his brain bled was at all a bad thing.
Last edited by Magog on Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
alfa164
Posts: 2912
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Magog wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.

I’d agree with you excthat there are several people in this thread alone who have yet to concede that beating a reporter until his brain bled was at all a bad thing.


They were only doing what Trump encouraged them to do. The media, you remember, is "the enemy of the people".
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:56 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.

I’d agree with you excthat there are several people in this thread alone who have yet to concede that beating a reporter until his brain bled was at all a bad thing.


They were only doing what Trump encouraged them to do. The media, you remember, is "the enemy of the people".

That doesn’t make it right, does it?
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17412
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Magog wrote:
This thread is about ANTIFA. Feel free to start a new thread if you want to talk about other groups. I’d love to join in the conversation.

Saying “both sides do it” is wrong. Only one side beats up gay reporters until their brain bleeds.

Yeah, because the other side just murders people:

Right-Wing Extremism Linked to Every 2018 Extremist Murder in the U.S., ADL Finds
Right-wing extremists killed more people last year than in any year since 1995

https://www.adl.org/news/press-releases ... -adl-finds
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:23 pm

One of the right wing leaders being accused of starting Cider Riots on May Day is being defended by the chair of the Multnomah County Republican Party, James Buchal

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtow ... 5LucnR1nyc

From the article:

Buchal advocated for right-wing protesters to bring their own security teams

So, explain to me again how counter protesters are only to blame for violence.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:31 pm

There is no credible evidence that it was NOT ANTIFA who committed the assault. If you have some please share it. I’m encouraged, however, that you agree that the assault was wrong. I was worried that some people out there in the public believed that it was okay as long as they don’t commit as much violence as other terrorist groups. Fortunately nobody here seems to subscribe to that. Since this thread is about Portland, I think it’s fair to say that between Patriot Prayer (aka Proud Boys) and Portland ANTIFA, ANTIFA is the more violent group. This matters quite a bit since Portland ANTIFA is allegedly responding directly to Patriot Prayer. Not that either group should be proud of their behavior.
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Magog wrote:
There is no credible evidence that it was NOT ANTIFA who committed the assault. If you have some please share it. I’m encouraged, however, that you agree that the assault was wrong. I was worried that some people out there in the public believed that it was okay as long as they don’t commit as much violence as other terrorist groups. Fortunately nobody here seems to subscribe to that. Since this thread is about Portland, I think it’s fair to say that between Patriot Prayer (aka Proud Boys) and Portland ANTIFA, ANTIFA is the more violent group. This matters quite a bit since Portland ANTIFA is allegedly responding directly to Patriot Prayer. Not that either group should be proud of their behavior.


Answer my questions, please.

As far as who beat up the right wing reporter that never should have been there in the first place, there was a melee. Allegedly both sides throwing things. I say allegedly because Republicans think neo Nazis are the most peaceful group on the face of the earth. Whatever the case, just like there was no evidence of cement in the milkshakes, there is no evidence that only one side did this.

Be that as it may, answer my questions, please.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:16 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
There is no credible evidence that it was NOT ANTIFA who committed the assault. If you have some please share it. I’m encouraged, however, that you agree that the assault was wrong. I was worried that some people out there in the public believed that it was okay as long as they don’t commit as much violence as other terrorist groups. Fortunately nobody here seems to subscribe to that. Since this thread is about Portland, I think it’s fair to say that between Patriot Prayer (aka Proud Boys) and Portland ANTIFA, ANTIFA is the more violent group. This matters quite a bit since Portland ANTIFA is allegedly responding directly to Patriot Prayer. Not that either group should be proud of their behavior.


Answer my questions, please.

As far as who beat up the right wing reporter that never should have been there in the first place, there was a melee. Allegedly both sides throwing things. I say allegedly because Republicans think neo Nazis are the most peaceful group on the face of the earth. Whatever the case, just like there was no evidence of cement in the milkshakes, there is no evidence that only one side did this.

Be that as it may, answer my questions, please.

Have you seen the video? I only saw ANTIFA in the video. I’m also not aware of any credible, unbiased source that suggests it may not have been ANTIFA. Also, ANTIFA specifically called for violence against Ngo prior to their rally. And ANTIFA has a history of threatening and assaulting journalists.

And why should the reporter not have been there?
Last edited by Magog on Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 
na
Posts: 9686
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:11 am

Antifa activists may not be as murderous as neo nazis, but they are extremists and as such potential criminals. Very often they are not only against neo nazis, but against anyone not sharing their pathological extreme-left view of the world. I despise all political extremists, may they be left, right, religious (islamist), or hard-core ecologists who work on bringing our society (and wealth) down. All are guilty of destroying societies.
Among the extreme left there are many antisemites, too. They are only calling themseves "Israel critics" to conceal their hatred. At the same time many shout for the Palestinians (who want to eradicate Israel and by that, the Jews), and by doing so, are supporting terrorism and potential genocide.
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
There is no credible evidence that it was NOT ANTIFA who committed the assault. If you have some please share it. I’m encouraged, however, that you agree that the assault was wrong. I was worried that some people out there in the public believed that it was okay as long as they don’t commit as much violence as other terrorist groups. Fortunately nobody here seems to subscribe to that. Since this thread is about Portland, I think it’s fair to say that between Patriot Prayer (aka Proud Boys) and Portland ANTIFA, ANTIFA is the more violent group. This matters quite a bit since Portland ANTIFA is allegedly responding directly to Patriot Prayer. Not that either group should be proud of their behavior.


Answer my questions, please.

As far as who beat up the right wing reporter that never should have been there in the first place, there was a melee. Allegedly both sides throwing things. I say allegedly because Republicans think neo Nazis are the most peaceful group on the face of the earth. Whatever the case, just like there was no evidence of cement in the milkshakes, there is no evidence that only one side did this.

Be that as it may, answer my questions, please.

Have you seen the video? I only saw ANTIFA in the video. I’m also not aware of any credible, unbiased source that suggests it may not have been ANTIFA. Also, ANTIFA specifically called for violence against Ngo prior to their rally. And ANTIFA has a history of threatening and assaulting journalists.

And why should the reporter not have been there?


Two groups who are extremely against one another show up in downtown Portland. Because of what the neo Nazis talk about (preparing for war, dressing for fights, carrying weapons, etc.) how can you be sure it was only the counter protesters? Neo Nazis have a history of threatening and assaulting journalists. Neo Nazis specifically call for violence against "liberal" journalists.

The reporter should not have been there because history. We know when neo Nazis are going to be wandering through the streets of Portland. Because of that, we also know there will be greater numbers of counter protesters. Knowing the violent history of neo Nazis and the counter protesters knowing the violent history of neo Nazis and wanting to give what they get, there will be violence.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Neo Nazis are historically violent. That is what they do. Counter protesters give them what they want, whether in self defense or organically. Go back and read about the Cider Riots. I posted a link up the thread. Those violent clashes were started by neo Nazis. Neo Nazis routinely wander the streets of downtown Portland looking for people to assault. But go ahead and keep blaming the counter protesters for all the violence.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:30 pm

na wrote:
Antifa activists may not be as murderous as neo nazis, but they are extremists and as such potential criminals. Very often they are not only against neo nazis, but against anyone not sharing their pathological extreme-left view of the world. I despise all political extremists, may they be left, right, religious (islamist), or hard-core ecologists who work on bringing our society (and wealth) down. All are guilty of destroying societies.
Among the extreme left there are many antisemites, too. They are only calling themseves "Israel critics" to conceal their hatred. At the same time many shout for the Palestinians (who want to eradicate Israel and by that, the Jews), and by doing so, are supporting terrorism and potential genocide.


I thought up the thread we were told that George Soros, a Jew, funded "antifa"? So these counter protesters are antisemitic but do not say a word about Jews and take money from Jews but hate Jews? I don't get it.

Neo Nazis actually spend time going out and openly hating Jews. The true antisemitic. They vandalize Jewish synagogues and murder Jews. But those protesting against neo Nazis are anti Semitic? Please explain.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
Magog
Posts: 850
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:54 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Nobody knows with 100% certainty that it was ANTIFA who assaulted the journalist until his brain bled. That’s a straw man argument. What we do know is that all of the credible evidence points to ANTIFA and that it takes some Alex Jones level of thinking to believe that it is probable that someone else did it.

Sure. Two groups showed up looking for a fight. But only one group looked to fight reporters that day. I couldn’t care less if they beat each other up, but ANTIFA arose above that and engaged in fascism and terrorism by beating up journalists, one of whom was hospitalized with a bleeding brain.
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:41 pm

Magog wrote:
Nobody knows with 100% certainty that it was ANTIFA who assaulted the journalist until his brain bled. That’s a straw man argument. What we do know is that all of the credible evidence points to ANTIFA and that it takes some Alex Jones level of thinking to believe that it is probable that someone else did it.

Sure. Two groups showed up looking for a fight. But only one group looked to fight reporters that day. I couldn’t care less if they beat each other up, but ANTIFA arose above that and engaged in fascism and terrorism by beating up journalists, one of whom was hospitalized with a bleeding brain.


You say yourself that "two groups showed up looking for a fight" but you also believe it is not possible at all that neo Nazis could have struck any kind of blow to the reporter? That is some serious Coast To Coast AM warping of time and space.

What was he hit with again? Mace canister? Tear gas canister? Which side was bringing mace anyway? Which side was told they have to arm themselves anyway? But, sure, blame only the counter protesters. Who have no organization at all but simply show up because they do not want neo Nazis in their city.

I also find it curious that, if he did suffer "brain bleeding" as you say, why was he out of the hospital within hours and giving interviews? That level of traumatic brain injury is serious. If he did suffer from "brain bleeding" he would have been under strict supervision in intensive care for at least two days. Wasn't it Ngo who also said he was hit by a milkshake filled with cement which turned out to be simply a milkshake?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
TSS
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:03 pm

Attacked by Antifa at Washington DC Free Speech Rally- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0JRQEgcKM&t=1784s

Bottom line: If you're going to do a public protest, news outlets will cover it (If they didn't, what would be the point of doing a public protest?), and journalists will try to get interviews to find out exactly what you're protesting against. Clamming up on camera, attempting to block the camera filming a public protest, or attacking the journalist do not help advance your cause.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17412
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:20 pm

TSS wrote:
Attacked by Antifa at Washington DC Free Speech Rally- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0JRQEgcKM&t=1784s

Bottom line: If you're going to do a public protest, news outlets will cover it (If they didn't, what would be the point of doing a public protest?), and journalists will try to get interviews to find out exactly what you're protesting against. Clamming up on camera, attempting to block the camera filming a public protest, or attacking the journalist do not help advance your cause.

This from the snowflakes who malign the press and journalists as enemies of the people *daily*. Your transparently hypocritical delusion borders on mental disorder.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
TSS
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
TSS wrote:
Attacked by Antifa at Washington DC Free Speech Rally- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0JRQEgcKM&t=1784s

Bottom line: If you're going to do a public protest, news outlets will cover it (If they didn't, what would be the point of doing a public protest?), and journalists will try to get interviews to find out exactly what you're protesting against. Clamming up on camera, attempting to block the camera filming a public protest, or attacking the journalist do not help advance your cause.

This from the snowflakes who malign the press and journalists as enemies of the people *daily*.


Are you sure you're not confusing me with another poster? When have I ever called the press or journalists "enemies of the people"?

Granted I am aware that all media is biased one way or the other and has been since before the days of William Randolph Hearst, and that lazy/sloppy journalism abounds as can be proven by reading almost any aircraft-related story ever published, but as an old Hollywood adage states "It's better to give the interview and have them get some of the facts wrong than to not give the interview and have them get all of the facts wrong".

MaverickM11 wrote:
Your transparently hypocritical delusion borders on mental disorder.


You're going to have to be more specific. To which transparently hypocritical delusion of mine, assuming you haven't confused me with another poster, do you refer?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
TSS
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:03 am

Antifa Radical Attacks ICE Facility, Gets Shot By Police- https://kprcradio.iheart.com/featured/the-pursuit-of-happiness/content/2019-07-15-antifa-radical-attacks-ice-facility-gets-shot-by-police/

Cops brace for more protests after man firebombs ICE detention center- https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/cops-brace-for-more-protests-after-man-firebombs-ice-detention-center/

Far Left Publishes Praise Of Antifa Terrorist Who Attacked ICE, Possible Motivations Revealed- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S376N3YfnP0
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:38 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
TSS wrote:
Attacked by Antifa at Washington DC Free Speech Rally- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0JRQEgcKM&t=1784s

Bottom line: If you're going to do a public protest, news outlets will cover it (If they didn't, what would be the point of doing a public protest?), and journalists will try to get interviews to find out exactly what you're protesting against. Clamming up on camera, attempting to block the camera filming a public protest, or attacking the journalist do not help advance your cause.

This from the snowflakes who malign the press and journalists as enemies of the people *daily*. Your transparently hypocritical delusion borders on mental disorder.


Wasn't it Republicans under GWB who decided there had to be "free speech zones" where protesters were banished to? The "fake media" only said the protesters were arrested "near" those "free speech zones". Which were far away from GWB. The outrage came when the same "free speech zones" rules were used under Obama. Oh, the outrage from the right that protesters could not block the motorcade!

There are anti Republican protests all across this country every day. Unless a "reporter" has a milkshake thrown at him, "fake news" does not care. Or something. I can't remember what I am supposed to be outraged over, thanks to Fox/AM radio propaganda........
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1548
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:31 am

johnboy wrote:
Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.


ANTIFA is doing a fine job of it on their own on a rather routine basis.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:44 am

DL717 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.


ANTIFA is doing a fine job of it on their own on a rather routine basis.


"Antifa" didn't become a word or a hate group until a RIGHT WING REPUBLICAN mowed down counter protesters (those protesting AGAINST NAZIS!!!) MURDERING ONE but nice try......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 1548
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:50 am

seb146 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
johnboy wrote:
Honestly, the only ones trying to make “Antifa” a thing are far-right nut jobs.


ANTIFA is doing a fine job of it on their own on a rather routine basis.


"Antifa" didn't become a word or a hate group until a RIGHT WING REPUBLICAN mowed down counter protesters (those protesting AGAINST NAZIS!!!) MURDERING ONE but nice try......


They’ve been around a lot longer than 2017. Their most recent shenanigans ramped up in 2016. By the way, Berkeley happened six months before anyone got “mowed down” as you put it.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?
 
Reinhardt
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:05 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Just to put a European countries perspective on this. ANTIFA exist in Germany. In the city I live there is a big very left wing neighbourhood. They hate the 'gentrification' that is cleaning up their area, they hate the rising rental costs, they hate the modern infrastructure being built, they say the older poor in the area cannot live there any more. Until 5 years ago the Police couldn't go there. There were riots there in 2015. The area is a dump IMO.

Earlier this week one of the founders of AfD (who left because it wasn't right wing enough for him), visited the City. He wanted to protest in this neighbourhood. Deliberately bating the left wingers.
A day before the protest, which the City actually approved, letters were given out in the area. It told residents to start collating rubbish outside of their houses, including bricks and paving slabs. They were all preparing for a riot. Messages on social media included members of ANTIFA and were stirring up locals to riot. Last time they did this, they destroyed their own areas. Entirely provoked by the far right, but they did most of the damage.

Luckily the CIty found out about the plans, and refused permission for it, and instead they got to protest outside of the City Court. Rather an important landmark.

The far left want completely open borders, don't recognise the authority of the Police, don't want to pay taxes, don't accept any form of capitalism, are quite happy living in a dump (because its' cheap) - many are perpetual students (since uni is free here).

At the same time you have real, full on Nazis' like the guy who was in the AfD on the far right.

So in my book, they are both to blame. Is one side worse than the other? In terms of how quick they are to be violent then the far left is actually worse. But in terms of what is said, what people stand for, the far right is by far the worse. So neither side is remotely acceptable to me.

We all really need to find a way to have more inclusive communities, instead of everyone being labelled as something. At the same time, people need to be better educated so they don't turn to the far right (and that means removing the idiots in power who they look up to), and the far left being more tollerent and more realistic about life.
 
TSS
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
TSS wrote:
Attacked by Antifa at Washington DC Free Speech Rally- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0JRQEgcKM&t=1784s

Bottom line: If you're going to do a public protest, news outlets will cover it (If they didn't, what would be the point of doing a public protest?), and journalists will try to get interviews to find out exactly what you're protesting against. Clamming up on camera, attempting to block the camera filming a public protest, or attacking the journalist do not help advance your cause.

This from the snowflakes who malign the press and journalists as enemies of the people *daily*. Your transparently hypocritical delusion borders on mental disorder.


Wasn't it Republicans under GWB who decided there had to be "free speech zones" where protesters were banished to?


I'm not sure but that sounds about right.

seb146 wrote:
The "fake media" only said the protesters were arrested "near" those "free speech zones". Which were far away from GWB. The outrage came when the same "free speech zones" rules were used under Obama. Oh, the outrage from the right that protesters could not block the motorcade!


Good for the goose is good for the gander. Or, as Rudyard Kipling put it in The Jungle Books "The Law is like the jungle creeper- Sooner or later it drapes across everyone's back".

seb146 wrote:
There are anti Republican protests all across this country every day.


Are there really? If so, where? You said "all across the country" so please cite examples other than Portland, where we already know there are protests, and Washington DC, where you can find somebody protesting anything you can imagine, even if it's just one guy by himself standing on a corner holding up a piece of notebook paper with crayon writing on it, any day of the week.

seb146 wrote:
Unless a "reporter" has a milkshake thrown at him, "fake news" does not care.


Andy Ngo is both reporter and Editor for Quillette. He has also authored Op-Ed pieces which were published in the Washington Post and the National Review. Whether you want to acknowledge the fact or not, Andy Ngo IS a reporter.

seb146 wrote:
Or something. I can't remember what I am supposed to be outraged over, thanks to Fox/AM radio propaganda........


My first suggestion to alleviate your dismay would be to stop listening to the seething, rage-bait cesspool that is AM talk radio. My second suggestion would be to start getting your news from a variety of sources including but by no means limited to major news networks because if you want to know how accurate and detailed their reporting is, just watch network coverage of any recent plane crash and count the obvious errors. Know going in that all news will be biased in one direction or the other, and the truth generally lies somewhere in the middle.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
Bigstud69
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:22 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
It seems pointing out lefty violence on this forum can get threads locked. And, not only that, can get seemingly innocuous posts completely deleted. Perhaps it was the title of the thread, which I suppose could be seen as triggering or inciting to some people.

So, in an attempt to reorient, I'd like to start a new thread about the important subject of Antifa (and, more generally, liberal/left) violence against the right. We all know that far-right violence gets a lot of headlines and attention. However, far-left violence typically gets downplayed or ignored altogether.

Exhibit A - The aforementioned assault on a journalist. (https://reason.com/2019/06/29/antifa-an ... -violence/) Not only did they beat up the gay, asian reporter and send him to the emergency room, they apparently stole his camera. Additionally, Portland police are claiming that some of the "milkshakes" the Antifa protesters were throwing contained quick-dry cement, which can apparently cause chemical burns (or blindness if it gets into the eyes).

Funny that you leave out the Patriots Proud Boy Pussy Prayer militias that show up every month it seems in Portland with the express intent to foment violence. Shockingly, it works sometimes. :roll:

TSS wrote:
Journalist Tim Pool's report on the situation, including how much of main stream media turn a blind eye to or grossly underreport ANTIFA violence- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gSGsaJ24wo

Probably because left wing violence doesn't hold a candle to the blazing sun of violence that emanates from the right, and that's with the administration hobbling fight against their base *whoops* I mean white supremacy.


Keep making excuses for left wing thug groups. If they can't handle not reacting violently when people think are Nazis just exist they should seek mental help.
 
Bigstud69
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 4:05 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:40 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Why is Antifa important? Seriously?

On a list of 1 million things, this might get ranked at the bottom 10 %.


Because they protest against the Republican base. They are hated because they want EVERYONE to be free, not just white evangelicals.

You mean protest against hard working people and normal people?
 
TSS
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Antifa Plans 10 Day "Siege" At US Border, Art Depicts Fire Bombs And Terror- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6RKOsVp2g

Inside violent anarchist group Antifa- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUu46J_OHQ4&t=257s
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
LittleSprocket
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:56 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:32 pm

TSS wrote:
Antifa Plans 10 Day "Siege" At US Border, Art Depicts Fire Bombs And Terror- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6RKOsVp2g

Inside violent anarchist group Antifa- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUu46J_OHQ4&t=257s


Can’t wait, let them go toe to toe with our military stationed there. I’d love to see MSM trying to portray them as innocent protesters like SOME posters here would like you to believe!
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Quick recap:

Protesting against white supremacists is wrong
Protesting children in cages is wrong
Wearing all black is wrong.

EDIT:

I find it ironic those who hate the anti fascist movement because of violence are quick to ignore the violence white supremacist did for decades. Since the 18th Century, more people have been murdered because of skin color than have been killed by anti fascist protesters. But, yeah, the anti fascists are totally worse......
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
TSS
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:52 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:21 pm

seb146 wrote:
Quick recap:

Protesting against white supremacists is wrong.


There's nothing wrong with peacefully protesting against anything or anyone you want, but:

A. ANTIFA have shown a marked fondness for unsubstantiated name-calling and a propensity for labeling anyone who doesn't share their extreme radical Leftist views as "Righties", "Republicans", "White Supremacists", "Neo-Nazis", and any other pejorative they can think of, even when they are referring to people who are verifiable life-long center-left Democrats.

B. ANTIFA don't simply protest those they disagree with, they by their own admission use any means necessary to shut down anyone who challenges their extreme radical far-left ideology.

seb146 wrote:
Protesting children in cages is wrong.


No, but trying to blow up an ICE detention facility full of illegal immigrants would seem to be at best an ill-thought-out plan and at worst counterproductive to the cause since I'd imagine very few people would sympathize with killing illegal immigrants rather than allowing them to remain in detention.

seb146 wrote:
Wearing all black is wrong.


Well, from a fashion perspective it's been done to death and it shows a distinct lack of imagination. From the ANTIFA perspective it allows their members to perpetrate acts of violence and mayhem during their "protests" without having to suffer any consequences because the perpetrators can immediately blend in with their comrades and thus avoid lawful arrest.

seb146 wrote:
I find it ironic those who hate the anti fascist movement because of violence are quick to ignore the violence white supremacist did for decades. Since the 18th Century, more people have been murdered because of skin color than have been killed by anti fascist protesters. But, yeah, the anti fascists are totally worse......


I find it ironic that a group of people who seem so certain that their ideology is the ONLY logical and correct one are so afraid of any alternate opinions that they refuse to engage in calm, reasoned debate in an open and moderated forum and instead resort to guerrilla tactics to try to silence any dissenting voices.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 11659
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 pm

In the US you like to have labels for everything and everyone. When talking about neonazis, kkk members, gang members, you can actually find out people are part of a chapter, an association, something, local usually. But "Antifa" are just "antifa". Do you think one antifascist in Portland is part of the same organized group as one in Texas ? Are there even organized groups at all ?

In France we have no problem shutting down such groups, neo nazi groups too, yet black block violence still happens, because they're very loosely organized, with no leader, no permanent member, no regular meeting place... When something big happens and you see hundreds of them, you can be certain most don't know each other at all, they just use the same tactics, have the same goals, and improvise the rest.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
lugie
Posts: 708
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:18 am

Three terrorist attacks within the last week (Gilroy, El Paso, Dayton), all committed by white nationalists/right wingers/MAGA extremists. And Trump wants to ban Antifa? really shows that this man has his priorities straight.

It's obviously all about protecting the lives of innocent Americans. /s


I'm pretty sure within the last 24 hours alone right-wing terrorists have killed more people than Antifa has in the history of the United States by a long, long shot.
So where are the calls to ban all these organizations? Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, Identitarians, TPUSA.
Ban MAGA hats instead of black masks.

But of course, the usual suspects on this forum don't want to face the facts.

I can understand that though because it would mean they have to reckon with the fact that they're absolutely on the dead wrong side of the argument.

Probably the same reason prominent right-wing figures are trying their best to deflect:
Image

Apparently the El Paso terrorist's twitter account did, in fact, follow Charlie Kirk
DH4 E75 E90 CR9 CRK M88 319 320 321 332 333 359 733 73G 738 739 748 764 772 788
X3 LH 4U TP US SN EI FR IB LX LA CM UA DL AA AS WN
FRA STR HAM TXL MUC ZRH ACE BRU BLL DUB MAN ARN MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT EWR ORD ATL SFO MDW SJO PTY
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:55 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Quick recap:

Protesting against white supremacists is wrong.


There's nothing wrong with peacefully protesting against anything or anyone you want, but:


the name calling, lies, and THREATS by these right wing domestic terrorist start. So what? Just sit back and let the right wing domestic terrorist win? What happened to the Republican golden rule of "do unto others before they do it to you"? Righties love to talk about arming everyone to the teeth and taking out all the bad guys. Maybe the anti fascist are starting to do just that? The biggest difference is:

ANTI FASCISTS ARE NOT MURDERING PEOPLE FULL STOP END OF DISCUSSION
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:58 pm

Beating people with bike locks and beating reporters until their brains bleed is bad. Full stop end of discussion.
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:15 am

VTK and Magog are talking about "brain bleed" about this right wing blogger but I still doubt it. He lied about the milkshake and I think he is lying about his brain bleed. There are several very excellent hospitals in Portland. Emanuel is a regional trauma center and OHSU is a research hospital with scores of state-of-the-art equipment. Doctors and brain specialists share information on traumatic brain injuries, like the one the right wing blogger claims to have suffered. IF it were bleeding in the brain, he would not have been on right wing media within hours whining about anti fascists. He would be in the hospital for a few says to at least a week.

He lied about the milkshake so it is reasonable he would lie about this too.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:45 am

Ahh... False flag operation. Weren’t we just lectured on not doing that?

He posted a photo while being he.d overnight in the hospital. He made a police report. It’s a crime to lie to the police. He hasn’t been charged with lying. Do the math.
 
seat64k
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:19 pm

seb146 wrote:
VTK and Magog are talking about "brain bleed" about this right wing blogger but I still doubt it. He lied about the milkshake and I think he is lying about his brain bleed.


Is a "real" journalist seeing his discharge form enough for you?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jo ... and-antifa

Even this unflattering profile - I'll stop short from calling it a hit piece, as that implies some level of dishonesty - from the ass-cancer that is buzzfeed, begrudgingly admits that he did not provoke the attack::

I was with Ngo, watching him, from an hour before he entered the demonstration until an hour after he arrived at a Portland hospital to be treated for his injuries. Nothing he did that day suggested that he planned or even secretly wanted to be assaulted, which has been a common enough refrain in the days since from some on the left. The attack was not provoked.


and yes, he suffered a brain bleed:

Skepticism about his motivations has led some on the left, in a perfect inversion of Ngo’s own hate crimes activism, to question whether he is exaggerating or fabricating the extent of his injuries. Recently, in the interest of addressing these doubts, I asked Ngo to show me proof of the brain hemorrhage he has said he suffered in the attack.

“I don’t feel obliged to share my personal medical records publicly to satisfy internet trolls,” he wrote. Nevertheless, Ngo sent me a copy of his discharge paperwork from the hospital. The document confirmed his claim that he had suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage — a brain bleed.


You seem awfully invested in justifying the attack on him. I wonder why...
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:01 pm

The Dayton shooter appears to have been inspired, at least to some extent, by Antifa. This is why it’s important to condemn, and to be honest about, any form of political violence, no matter which side it comes from.
 
seb146
Posts: 20248
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:37 pm

seat64k wrote:
seb146 wrote:
VTK and Magog are talking about "brain bleed" about this right wing blogger but I still doubt it. He lied about the milkshake and I think he is lying about his brain bleed.


Is a "real" journalist seeing his discharge form enough for you?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jo ... and-antifa

Even this unflattering profile - I'll stop short from calling it a hit piece, as that implies some level of dishonesty - from the ass-cancer that is buzzfeed, begrudgingly admits that he did not provoke the attack::

I was with Ngo, watching him, from an hour before he entered the demonstration until an hour after he arrived at a Portland hospital to be treated for his injuries. Nothing he did that day suggested that he planned or even secretly wanted to be assaulted, which has been a common enough refrain in the days since from some on the left. The attack was not provoked.


and yes, he suffered a brain bleed:

Skepticism about his motivations has led some on the left, in a perfect inversion of Ngo’s own hate crimes activism, to question whether he is exaggerating or fabricating the extent of his injuries. Recently, in the interest of addressing these doubts, I asked Ngo to show me proof of the brain hemorrhage he has said he suffered in the attack.

“I don’t feel obliged to share my personal medical records publicly to satisfy internet trolls,” he wrote. Nevertheless, Ngo sent me a copy of his discharge paperwork from the hospital. The document confirmed his claim that he had suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage — a brain bleed.


You seem awfully invested in justifying the attack on him. I wonder why...


I am just saying that, with all the research into concussions and traumatic brain injuries, it just seems odd that he would be released so quickly if he had "brain bleed" so badly or at all.

I am so sick of that dumbed down term "brain bleed". It sounds like some backwater hick at some yokel bar who don't know his right from his left telling everyone how smart he is cuz he knows where the brain is and what bleed is. This is the other reason I do not trust this right wing blogger. Besides the fact that he already lied about parts of the "attack".

I have no doubt something happened. Sidewalks are uneven. Maybe he tripped over one of those uneven parts and got caught in a skirmish between anti fascists and Nazis and he wanted to protect his Nazi base? Maybe one of the Nazis took a wild swing at a counter protester and missed and laid him out? Or maybe it did happen just how he described just a few hours after he was released being diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 8872
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Wouldn't it be amazing if these folks that are hell bent on demonizing Antifa would start a thread about the Proud Boys, and President Trump's calls for violence?
Where ever you go, there you are.

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos