VTKillarney

Re: Antifa Violence

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:10 pm

casinterest wrote:
Wouldn't it be amazing if these folks that are hell bent on demonizing Antifa would start a thread about the Proud Boys, and President Trump's calls for violence?

The difference is that nobody on this forum is attempting to justify actual violent acts by any of those.

casinterest

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:33 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Wouldn't it be amazing if these folks that are hell bent on demonizing Antifa would start a thread about the Proud Boys, and President Trump's calls for violence?

The difference is that nobody on this forum is attempting to justify actual violent acts by any of those.

But why beyond right wing talking points do we care about Antifa?
Where ever you go, there you are.

VTKillarney

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:07 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You may not. That’s certainly your prerogative.

casinterest

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:13 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:

You may not. That’s certainly your prerogative.

These people are reactionary, not incendiary. The incendiary needs to be taken care of first.
Where ever you go, there you are.

MaverickM11

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:18 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Without the bogeyman of the antifa foil, republicans might have to actually face their own rampant political violence problem--but they'd probably just fall back on their tried and true blame-the-blacks/gays/jews/muslims/mexicans/you-name-it
E pur si muove -Galileo

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:20 am

According to Buzzfeed, the Twitter account of the black metal antifa band Neckbeard Deathcamp tweeted (then later deleted) that the Ohio shooter was a member of the band. They describe him as being antifa but “not great with women.”

seat64k

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
I am just saying that, with all the research into concussions and traumatic brain injuries, it just seems odd that he would be released so quickly if he had "brain bleed" so badly or at all.

Something that's "odd" to you might well be perfectly ordinary.

seb146 wrote:
I have no doubt something happened. Sidewalks are uneven. Maybe he tripped over one of those uneven parts and got caught in a skirmish between anti fascists and Nazis and he wanted to protect his Nazi base? Maybe one of the Nazis took a wild swing at a counter protester and missed and laid him out? Or maybe it did happen just how he described just a few hours after he was released being diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury?

And apparently you didn't didn't even bother to read the article.

seb146

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:42 pm

seat64k wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I am just saying that, with all the research into concussions and traumatic brain injuries, it just seems odd that he would be released so quickly if he had "brain bleed" so badly or at all.

Something that's "odd" to you might well be perfectly ordinary.

And basis for a lawsuit. This is why I do not believe events happened the way it was described. Portland doctors and trauma centers and ER are much more intelligent than "take two aspirin and call me in the morning".

Another thing I can think of is he went to the low cost clinic downtown where they do not have CAT scan equipment or any way to detect traumatic brain injury. It could be they saw blood on his scalp and told him to go to a proper hospital, at which point, he went on the Republican propaganda outlets and insisted he had "brain bleed". Or, as I said, things could have happened as he described them.

I will not excuse my critical thinking and asking questions of someone who blatantly lies.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

VTKillarney

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:45 pm

By your definition Alex Jones is just a “critical thinker.”

MaverickM11

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Surprise surprise Andy Ngo is lying again spreading rumors that antifa was coming to El Paso for a ten day siege. And Texas’ mentally deficient white nationalist gremlin Dan Patrick is dumb enough to believe it. Then again Republicans are petrified antifa is hiding under their mattresses while their buddies shoot up synagogues and walmarts because of the non existant "invasion of non whites" they've been screaming about.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... le-867499/
E pur si muove -Galileo

Jetty

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:00 pm

lugie wrote:
Three terrorist attacks within the last week (Gilroy, El Paso, Dayton), all committed by white nationalists/right wingers/MAGA extremists. And Trump wants to ban Antifa? really shows that this man has his priorities straight.

How do you reconcile being a fanatic supporter of Elisabeth Warren with being a white nationalist/right winger/MAGA extremist? :?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/dayto ... er-warren/

TSS

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:31 am

Tim Pool points out the mainstream media's sharp focus on Far-Right extremist terrorism and corresponding blind spot where Far-Left extremist terrorism is concerned.

Dayton Shooter May Be Antifa's First Mass Killer, Could it Be Accelerationism?- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwLrRA8uSxA
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:24 pm

TSS wrote:
Tim Pool points out the mainstream media's sharp focus on Far-Right extremist terrorism and corresponding blind spot where Far-Left extremist terrorism is concerned.

Dayton Shooter May Be Antifa's First Mass Killer, Could it Be Accelerationism?- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwLrRA8uSxA

As has been pointed out numerous times, anti fascists are far left. Also, those on the left want to ban guns, which has been the talking point for decades. So, following logic, there would be no leftist mass shooters. They only use bike locks and milkshakes. I am not joking. How many anti fascists kill people with guns vs. right wing?

TSS

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:44 pm

seb146 wrote:
TSS wrote:

As has been pointed out numerous times, anti fascists are far left. Also, those on the left want to ban guns, which has been the talking point for decades. So, following logic, there would be no leftist mass shooters. They only use bike locks and milkshakes. I am not joking. How many anti fascists kill people with guns vs. right wing?

The left also traditionally believes in free speech and opposes censorship. Apparently times change. Are you not familiar with Redneck Revolt- https://www.redneckrevolt.org, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Revolt
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:41 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
TSS wrote:

The left also traditionally believes in free speech and opposes censorship. Apparently times change. Are you not familiar with Redneck Revolt- https://www.redneckrevolt.org, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck_Revolt

Using the right wing terroist tactics to get people affordable helath care, free speech, freedom of/from religion, a living wage...

Tell me, how are they related to anti fascists? I mean, anti fascists are supposed to be highly organized and a solid revenue stream and everything. So how are they related? How many have "redneck revolt" or anti fascists murdered in the name of Obama or because Obama made comments?

olle

Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:54 am

The strange thing is that normally we do not even comment about violence here on A.net if less then 4 persons are killed. This group how many have they killed the last few years?

My experience from Scandinavia is that they try to be on every place where the extreme right is and they beat each other up.

But they as I know have not commit massmurder like Breivik or burned any immigration centers.

Regarding Soros he seems to have a hard time. The extreme right called him for a while anti semitist for he did not like Israel government friendly connections with some strange regimes in hungary poland. Then they seemed to regignized he is a jew, wich seemed to cause some problem for their definition of what he was.

I do not support the extreme left group or any group that go out and fight in the streets. My impression is that both them and the neo nazi groups seem to enjoy to fight pretty good with the impression that the extreme right over and over falls into terrorist territory.

MaverickM11

Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:42 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
TSS wrote:

No one is familiar with redneck revolt--is that the next boogeyman du jour for the right? I can't keep up with the number of non-threats that trigger the right.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Here is an interesting article about how and why Republicans give cover to white nationalists

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/13/how-tr ... bFUzdKAfT4

For reference the number of antifa terrorist attacks remains at zero and reports show that 100% of race-based terrorism in 2018 was committed by white supremacists. but, yeah, both sides do it.....