scbriml

Re: Trump brings in tanks for 4th of July celebration in Washington DC

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:47 am

ual763 wrote:
It was one slip of the tongue in an hour long speech that many are hailing as one of his best ever.

That's a pretty low bar for a man that can't string a coherent sentence together. :sarcastic:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

BN747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:32 am

DL717 wrote:
Oh goodie. Let me go dust off that uniform I wore for 23 years while I get lectured about Patriotism. :roll:

That's where the 'patriotism is'...in the closet. Now it ALL makes sense.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Magog

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:50 am

The outrage over the July 4th celebration is manufactured. The left banked on Trump giving a horrible speech. Trump gave a good and now the left has been embarrassed, so they are grasping at straws.

None of this will win back Ohio. It may win back those three votes they are missing from San Francisco.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:42 am

Magog wrote:
The outrage over the July 4th celebration is manufactured. The left banked on Trump giving a horrible speech. Trump gave a good and now the left has been embarrassed, so they are grasping at straws.

None of this will win back Ohio. It may win back those three votes they are missing from San Francisco.

Still deflecting from the actual, substantive criticism. Reality can’t be augmented by simply bleating the same red herrings time and again.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ltbewr

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:32 pm

Trump's speech is already gone from the news but for some lingering comments mainly about his 'airports' comments. Most people didn't pay attention to it, didn't care about it. The tanks are gone, the mall area cleaned up. He is playing golf at his NJ club this weekend and likely to put out some tweets to keep the media attention on him as usual bashing critics of his speech, Democrats in general, pushing for the citizenship question in the census and other topics.

What gets me concerned about his participation and speech is that it became a rally of his 'MAGA' hat crowd who dominated and well filled the Lincoln Memorial end of the mall. That was part of his reasoning for his speech, using the military display to counter the Democrats, to make them look like they hate the military, are unpatriotic while he, his devoted followers and Republicans in general love the military and 'real' patriots. It was also a way to get his ego fix, for him such events, rallies are like a sexual rush, a 'high' for him he is addicted to.

Many bash Trump for being as dumb as a stump but he is a master showman in twisting people's emotions in his favor. I just hope he doesn't do this next year but likely will to use as part of his campaign for re-election.

Magog

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Yup. And the Democrats played right into it. The horror of a couple of tanks! Give me a break.

seb146

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:05 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Trump's speech is already gone from the news but for some lingering comments mainly about his 'airports' comments. Most people didn't pay attention to it, didn't care about it. The tanks are gone, the mall area cleaned up. He is playing golf at his NJ club this weekend and likely to put out some tweets to keep the media attention on him as usual bashing critics of his speech, Democrats in general, pushing for the citizenship question in the census and other topics.

What gets me concerned about his participation and speech is that it became a rally of his 'MAGA' hat crowd who dominated and well filled the Lincoln Memorial end of the mall. That was part of his reasoning for his speech, using the military display to counter the Democrats, to make them look like they hate the military, are unpatriotic while he, his devoted followers and Republicans in general love the military and 'real' patriots. It was also a way to get his ego fix, for him such events, rallies are like a sexual rush, a 'high' for him he is addicted to.

Many bash Trump for being as dumb as a stump but he is a master showman in twisting people's emotions in his favor. I just hope he doesn't do this next year but likely will to use as part of his campaign for re-election.

And a majority of us recognize this was just a campaign stunt that WE paid for. This is why We The People demand any functioning adult to be elected to get this man child out. He just keeps giving reason after reason that he is not capable or worthy of leading this great nation. He is in it only for himself. We keep seeing it and keep saying it. The propaganda machine (Fox and AM talk radio) will not be able to stop the facts and what we centrists want.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

alfa164

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:22 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:
The outrage over the July 4th celebration is manufactured. The left banked on Trump giving a horrible speech. Trump gave a good and now the left has been embarrassed, so they are grasping at straws. None of this will win back Ohio. It may win back those three votes they are missing from San Francisco.

Still deflecting from the actual, substantive criticism. Reality can’t be augmented by simply bleating the same red herrings time and again.

:checkmark: It is useless to even reply to the three or four "members" who are determined to either:

1) Shout undying cries of support to the current, temporary occupant of the White House, all the while spouting belligerent and obnoxious names for anyone who disagrees with them; or

2) Make inane, pointless, and factless comments which add nothing to the discussion, but allow them to achieve some modicum of attention, which they obviously crave.

Unfortunately, both these types tend to derail the discussion, leaving anyone looking for a serious conversation lost in the rhetoric. As their deranged hero might say... "sad"...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

BN747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:01 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:
The outrage over the July 4th celebration is manufactured. The left banked on Trump giving a horrible speech. Trump gave a good and now the left has been embarrassed, so they are grasping at straws. None of this will win back Ohio. It may win back those three votes they are missing from San Francisco.

:checkmark: It is useless to even reply to the three or four "members" who are determined to either:

1) Shout undying cries of support to the current, temporary occupant of the White House, all the while spouting belligerent and obnoxious names for anyone who disagrees with them; or

2) Make inane, pointless, and factless comments which add nothing to the discussion, but allow them to achieve some modicum of attention, which they obviously crave.

Unfortunately, both these types tend to derail the discussion, leaving anyone looking for a serious conversation lost in the rhetoric. As their deranged hero might say... "sad"...

:roll:

That about sizes things up perfectly...

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

alfa164

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:15 pm

Cartoonists are having a field day:

https://c-3sux78kvnkay76x24osm-y-syt-iu ... _$/$/$/$/$

...and...

https://c-3sux78kvnkay76x24osm-y-syt-iu ... _$/$/$/$/$

The second one would definitely get under his skin, if he saw it!
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....