Magog

Re: Trump brings in tanks for 4th of July celebration in Washington DC

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

I didn't say I find it popularizing, did I?

Gotcha. I was just confirming that you did not find his speech to be at all polarizing.

It sounds like it was a great day and a great celebration!

I’m no Trump fan, but, like you, I can admit when he gets something right.

It is not that it was "not polarizing at all" but, rather, the LEAST polarizing speech he has given since moving into the White House.

That says a lot.

Actually, even CNN admits that it wasn’t polarizing. It turns out that the event was not about Trump as people had feared. Rather, it was a celebration of the country itself. Well done!

alfa164

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 pm

DL717 wrote:
[The liberal media tried to label him the center of attention. They failed miserably. Again.

The "liberal media" didn't have to do anything; he labeled himself, babbling on for a full hour while most everyone else would have preferred to eat hotdogs and watch fireworks. if you think his attempt failed, I guess even his most dogmatic apologists recognize his inadequacy.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

seb146

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Magog wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Magog wrote:
Gotcha. I was just confirming that you did not find his speech to be at all polarizing.

It sounds like it was a great day and a great celebration!

I’m no Trump fan, but, like you, I can admit when he gets something right.

It is not that it was "not polarizing at all" but, rather, the LEAST polarizing speech he has given since moving into the White House.

That says a lot.

Actually, even CNN admits that it wasn’t polarizing. It turns out that the event was not about Trump as people had feared. Rather, it was a celebration of the country itself. Well done!

Actually, CNN said it was the last polarizing speech he has given.

Read it again.

LEAST POLARIZING

And there was MAGA swag being sold and campaigning and photo ops of him looking like the despots he loves. This country has devolved into third world chaos because of him and his base. He needs to go and MAGA needs to wither away. We were great before, when we could all live how we wanted, love how we wanted, worship how we wanted, speak whatever language we wanted. Thanks to him and his MAGA base, violence by right wingers is up, Americans are losing rights, and we are all hating what this nation has become.

Maybe we should outlaw MAGA the same second we outlaw antifa.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Magog

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:47 pm

From CNN: “His remarks did not turn into the hyper-partisan campaign-style rally that some of his critics had feared would besmirch the normally nonpartisan atmosphere of the nation's Independence Day commemorations.”

You agree that this is a good thing, right?

casinterest

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:49 pm

It was a one hour snore fest of a history rehash speech, that really didn't do much. So in that regards it was a success.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Magog

Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:58 pm

casinterest wrote:
It was a one hour snore fest of a history rehash speech, that really didn't do much. So in that regards it was a success.

Definitely not worth burning flags over.

casinterest

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trump's speech was not what caused the Flag Burning. Those people were arrested prior to the speech.

Magog

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:14 pm

casinterest wrote:
Magog wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Trump's speech was not what caused the Flag Burning. Those people were arrested prior to the speech.

Yup. They didn’t even wait to see what Trump actually did. That’s some serious clever at work.

readytotaxi

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:56 pm

The" taking over airports" remark is just staggering.

I am speechless.

you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

casinterest

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:08 pm

readytotaxi wrote:

I am speechless.

flyingturtle

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:13 pm

readytotaxi wrote:

I am speechless.

Why? The national anthem mentions rockets. So it's plausible they had airports then.
Reading accident reports is what calms me down

ual763

Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:53 pm

It was one slip of the tongue in an hour long speech that many are hailing as one of his best ever. Instead of hyper-focusing on semantics, many here and in the media would do themselves good to focus on the incredibly uplifting, powerful, and unifying message this speech actually brought. This was THE moment Trump won a second term of the presidency!
From flying to the NOTAM office

alfa164

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:13 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
The" taking over airports" remark is just staggering. I am speechless.

Why? The national anthem mentions rockets. So it's plausible they had airports then.

The anthem obviously refers to UFO's; the English developed them a long time ago. Just ask Trump. He really, really wants a Space Force so we can match their superiority.

Or maybe the black helicopters the Trumpuppets fear so much.

ual763 wrote:
It was one slip of the tongue in an hour long speech that many are hailing as one of his best ever.!

Is thinking our fine air superiority in 1776 just a "slip of the tongue"? Coming from a "stable genius", I would think we all should expect more.

And I haven't seen anyone say it was a "best ever" speech; I have seen comments agreeing that it was less bad than his usual diatribes.

;)
Last edited by alfa164 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

casinterest

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:27 pm

ual763 wrote:
It was one slip of the tongue in an hour long speech that many are hailing as one of his best ever. Instead of hyper-focusing on semantics, many here and in the media would do themselves good to focus on the incredibly uplifting, powerful, and unifying message this speech actually brought. This was THE moment Trump won a second term of the presidency!

How uplifting was that speech really?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ion-227270
Trump staged his speech in the shadow of a monument to a president who spoke of “malice toward none,” a message nearly the opposite of his own political strategy; he was just a stone’s throw away from a memorial to American dead in Vietnam, a war he had avoided

And in Trump’s call to national service, encouraging young Americans to serve in the military, there was no hint of humility or irony that he had not chosen to do so.

Hopefully Trump took a long look into that Reflecting pool and realized that America is far greater when it works together, than when it's leaders seek to divide.

AirplaneFixer

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:40 pm

ual763 wrote:

Sorry, don’t usually comment or venture into the political mess of these threads. I will though in this case. Just a thank you for this post. I actually laughed out loud!! Thanks for the onionesque post!

Aesma

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:01 pm

ual763 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Sadly, some Left Wing Nut Case decided to burn an American Flag in front of the White House as a protest against President Trump. Between the Secret Service, and some Trump supporters, he got into a lot of trouble. Although I despise Trump before and since he became and as President, I cannot support this jerk's burning of the Flag. This stupid protester just kills the legit arguments of the Left as to Trump and just feeds the hate lust of Conservatives and Trump.

As a USAF veteran, an a true Patriot (one who loves his country but will not hesitate to criticize it when wrong), burning the flag is acceptable protest because that protest is representative against a greater offense against America.

BN747

Not only does this go completely against everything the Air Force has ever taught, and go against mostly every single code of conduct in it, it is also morally corrupt. Using your service and the sacrifices of others who died for that flag to denigrate and justify the burning of the flag is just wrong. Try that stunt in the Air Force today (or at any time since it’s founding) and your ass would have been thrown out to the curb so quickly, you wouldn’t even have time to know what happened.

P.S. - I find it hilarious you say Trump and the conservatives are the ones who are pissing and stompin all over our constitution. Exactly, what is he pissing on? Last time I checked, it was the Dems that openly called for abolishing certain amendments and clauses in our constitution, whereas Trump is just looking to uphold it... Oh, that’s right, you suffer from TDS, therefore anything Trump does is “against the constitution”.

No free speech in the military, then ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Olddog

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Trump does not ask people to love the country but pledge loyalty to him personally.

Magog

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:26 pm

Olddog wrote:
Trump does not ask people to love the country but pledge loyalty to him personally.

Where in his speech did he do that?

alfa164

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:10 pm

ual763 wrote:
It was one slip of the tongue in an hour long speech that many are hailing as one of his best ever.

He must have been recalling one of Paul Revere's most famous lines:

"One if by land! Two if be sea! Three, if arriving on the Delta shuttle from LaGuardia!"

casinterest

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:30 pm

alfa164 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
It was one slip of the tongue in an hour long speech that many are hailing as one of his best ever.

He must have been recalling one of Paul Revere's most famous lines:

"One if by land! Two if be sea! Three, if arriving on the Delta shuttle from LaGuardia!"

So everyone knows... Trump has blamed his flub on the Teleprompter going out. You know, the same guy that claimed Obama used it too much.

jdstJD

Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:46 pm

BN747 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Sadly, some Left Wing Nut Case decided to burn an American Flag in front of the White House as a protest against President Trump. Between the Secret Service, and some Trump supporters, he got into a lot of trouble. Although I despise Trump before and since he became and as President, I cannot support this jerk's burning of the Flag. This stupid protester just kills the legit arguments of the Left as to Trump and just feeds the hate lust of Conservatives and Trump.

As a USAF veteran, an a true Patriot (one who loves his country but will not hesitate to criticize it when wrong), burning the flag is acceptable protest because that protest is representative against a greater offense against America.

Burning the flag for shits n giggles is something than earn one a beatdown, but if this protester was railing against prez Porky and politicizing Independence Day in his flag burn..he's on solid ground. And anyone hitting him are lunatics. Officials arresting him are right to do so as starting a fire in public is a violation of some city ordinance.

We currently have a president wiping his ass with the America flag and pissing on the US Constitution on a daily basis...so where are the consequences?

BN747

THANK YOU!! If anyone from their opposing party had ever done any minute piece of what trump has done the republicans and these trump supporters on here would lose their minds and the person would have been impeached so fast we wouldn’t have been able to catch their name before they were kicked out of office. The hypocrisy is sickening.
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

Magog

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41 pm

BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:
Olddog wrote:

What a super silly reply, everyone and anyone casually observing prez Porky over the last 2 years has easily concluded by his own actions, statements, speeches, spokespersons that the only thing that matters, that is most important to him than MONEY ...is Loyalty.

The 1st gets his attention, the second gains his trust....until it doesn't.

Don't Vote Predator
BN747

Gotcha. He didn’t make any such reference in his speech. Since this thread is about that particular event, I thought that you might have known something that I wasn’t aware of. It’s almost as if people are upset that Trump did a good job.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 am

Magog wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

What a super silly reply, everyone and anyone casually observing prez Porky over the last 2 years has easily concluded by his own actions, statements, speeches, spokespersons that the only thing that matters, that is most important to him than MONEY ...is Loyalty.

The 1st gets his attention, the second gains his trust....until it doesn't.

Don't Vote Predator
BN747

Gotcha. He didn’t make any such reference in his speech. Since this thread is about that particular event, I thought that you might have known something that I wasn’t aware of. It’s almost as if people are upset that Trump did a good job.

The content of the speech was not problematic. The larger context of using the military as props and having a POTUS-focused celebration reeks of 45’s SPS on a holiday usually celebrated by families and the American people at large in their own various ways. It continues to be endlessly shameful for the country to have a ‘leader’ so desperate for validation.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Magog

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:38 am

Why is celebrating the military shameful? Nobody complains about the Blue Angels. The tanks weren’t even on full display. It was a very tasteful speech and ceremony. You’d think that people would be happy. It’s as if the air got let out of their complaint balloon.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:18 am

Magog wrote:
Why is celebrating the military shameful? Nobody complains about the Blue Angels. The tanks weren’t even on full display. It was a very tasteful speech and ceremony. You’d think that people would be happy. It’s as if the air got let out of their complaint balloon.

Didn’t say ‘celebrating the military is shameful’ - find the quote. Do you agree that 45 is quite needy for validation, whether caused by SPS or not? Yes or no?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

Didn’t say ‘celebrating the military is shameful’ - find the quote. Do you agree that 45 is quite needy for validation, whether caused by SPS or not? Yes or no?

It wasn’t for him.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:19 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

The content of the speech was not problematic. The larger context of using the military as props and having a POTUS-focused celebration reeks of 45’s SPS on a holiday usually celebrated by families and the American people at large in their own various ways. It continues to be endlessly shameful for the country to have a ‘leader’ so desperate for validation.

Yawn:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 642869001/

Weak sauce. Ike was Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, so having Shermans on display for him was completely logical. Next?

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Yawn:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 642869001/

Weak sauce. Ike was Supreme Allied Commander in Europe, so having Shermans on display for him was completely logical. Next?

Ah, I see. How’s about Kennedy then. On his inauguration no less. :roll: Talk about needing validation.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Magog wrote:

It wasn’t for him.

Prove it wasn’t. Last address of this type was by Ford for the Bicentennial in 1976. What’s the occasion now? :rotfl:

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:25 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

It wasn’t for him.

Prove it wasn’t. Last address of this type was by Ford for the Bicentennial in 1976. What’s the occasion now? :rotfl:

Celebrating Independence Day.

Prove it wasn’t? Very simple. It wasn’t an Obama speech. He didn’t say “I” 4,000 times.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:35 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Ah, I see. How’s about Kennedy then. On his inauguration no less. :roll: Talk about needing validation.

Bringing up JFK only proves my point - both spoiled rich kids, both using sexual conquest and fancy public appearances for endless validation, both with insecurity issues owing to overbearing fathers. Only difference? One went to war the other got out of it. As far as privileged families go, not really a point of pride to avoid service - but the WW2 generation were of a different mindset.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:37 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

It wasn’t for him.

Prove it wasn’t? Very simple. It wasn’t an Obama speech. He didn’t say “I” 4,000 times.

So there was no Independence Day occasion in the 39-43 adminstrations? Interesting. And you have also conveniently omitted 44 hosting a BBQs for service families. Noice.

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:19 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

So there was no Independence Day occasion in the 39-43 adminstrations? Interesting. And you have also conveniently omitted 44 hosting a BBQs for service families. Noice.

The left just can’t handle anything he does, even if it’s something good. It’s the 4th of July. It celebrates our Independence. It’s really quite unbelievable the lengths at which people will go to just wreck everything. Congrats. The left can’t even celebrate our nations birth, let alone any other holiday, without losing their collective shit.

I didn’t conveniently omit anything and I sure as hell didn’t criticize Obama over a BBQ. Good grief.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:31 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

The left just can’t handle anything he does, even if it’s something good. It’s the 4th of July. It celebrates our Independence. It’s really quite unbelievable the lengths at which people will go to just wreck everything. Congrats. The left can’t even celebrate our nations birth, let alone any other holiday, without losing their collective shit.

I didn’t conveniently omit anything and I sure as hell didn’t criticize Obama over a BBQ. Good grief.

Not just the left - many independents like me as well. Much less would be a problem if he were even remotely a quality person worthy of respect. Didn’t always agree with 43 or 44, but they were higher quality people than 41 and 42, and were worthy of respect. 45 demands (craves, solicits for) respect because supposedly his business and family are impressive (hardly compared to the major luxury hotel chains) and he insists his office has achieved things it factually has not (greatest economy ever? total joke - GDP exceeded 5% growth 11 times between 1955 and 1972....first military pay increases in 10 years? Also false) - he still doesn’t understand at 73 that respect is earned.

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:35 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Not just the left - many independents like me as well. Much less would be a problem if he were even remotely a quality person worthy of respect. Didn’t always agree with 43 or 44, but they were higher quality people than 41 and 42, and were worthy of respect. 45 demands (craves, solicits for) respect because supposedly his business and family are impressive (hardly compared to the major luxury hotel chains) and he insists his office has achieved things it factually has not (greatest economy ever? total joke - GDP is exceeded 5% growth 11 times between 1955 and 1972).

Like I said, no matter what he does, the left just can’t take a moment. It’s pretty sad. Check that. It’s really sad.

BN747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:38 am

DL717 wrote:

The left just can’t handle anything he does, even if it’s something good. .

You actually believe that don't you?

The guy's shit the bed every chance he's gotten...and all you see is 'the left just don't like him'.

Unbelievable, a wacky unstable president dishonoring the rule of established law, violating the Amolument clause (playing 'president' while lining his pockets every step the way)...and you have no problem strongly supporting someone like that?

SMH..

Don't Vote Predator...unless YOU like them!
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:43 am

BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

The guy's shit the bed every chance he's gotten...and all you see is 'the left just don't like him'.

Unbelievable, a wacky unstable president dishonoring the rule of established law, violating the Amolument clause (playing 'president' while lining his pockets every step the way)...and you have no problem strongly supporting someone like that?

SMH..

BN747

No, the left can’t handle anything he does. Not even a spectacular 4th of July celebration.

Good grief.

BN747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:59 am

DL717 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

SMH..

BN747

No, the left can’t handle anything he does. Not even a spectacular 4th of July celebration.

Good grief.

Of course not, you don't...no one should.

It's okay if a local 'known' neighborhood menace or nuisance steps in a helps an old lady to cross the street...

..that's one thing, but..

When the Captain of the Titan, holding the lives of everyone on board, puts on a great song and dance that makes HIM happy....instead of 'learning how to navigate his massive ship thru icebergs, NO...now is not the time to be patting him on his back saying 'good job'.

..there's perspective then there's errant perspective, look at what is obviously missing or 'wrong with this picture - the BIG picture.

Don't Vote Rapist!...unless you support them!
BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:11 am

He reads off the teleprompter about the air wars in the early days of this country. Remember the First Battle Of JFK also known as the Battle Of Idlewild?

More importantly, I thought it was a mortal sin against We The People of the United States to read off the teleprompter. Remember the right wing outrage every time Obama read off the teleprompter? And now the same right wingers are saying "you don't like anything he does!"?

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:12 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Not just the left - many independents like me as well. Much less would be a problem if he were even remotely a quality person worthy of respect. Didn’t always agree with 43 or 44, but they were higher quality people than 41 and 42, and were worthy of respect. 45 demands (craves, solicits for) respect because supposedly his business and family are impressive (hardly compared to the major luxury hotel chains) and he insists his office has achieved things it factually has not (greatest economy ever? total joke - GDP is exceeded 5% growth 11 times between 1955 and 1972).

Like I said, no matter what he does, the left just can’t take a moment. It’s pretty sad. Check that. It’s really sad.

If done for a benign and noble purpose, then it would be respected. But there is nothing to indicate this was done for anything except POTUS’s need for validation. He could have thrown a huge free party in large city parks nationwide for service families, or forgiven July’s federal taxes for them, something other than a ‘look at me onstage in front of Lincoln’ event. You deflect away but still can’t provide a cogent, logical example of how his conduct isn’t what has been described above.

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:17 am

BN747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

SMH..

BN747

Good grief.

Of course not, you don't...no one should.

It's okay if a local 'known' neighborhood menace or nuisance steps in a helps an old lady to cross the street...

..that's one thing, but..

When the Captain of the Titan, holding the lives of everyone on board, puts on a great song and dance that makes HIM happy....instead of 'learning how to navigate his massive ship thru icebergs, NO...now is not the time to be patting him on his back saying 'good job'.

..there's perspective then there's errant perspective, look at what is obviously missing or 'wrong with this picture - the BIG picture.

Don't Vote Rapist!...unless you support them!
BN747

Gotta be honest. Not sure if serious. Good lord. Again, it’s a 4th of July celebration. There’s nothing wrong with the picture.

BN747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:20 am

Patrotism Explained...since some did not like my prior explanation.

Patriotism is like your child.

True Parents love their child above all else.
True Patriots love their country above all else.

True Parents correct their child's behavior and conduct when it goes awry against social norms.
True Patriots love their country, but will criticize and do what ever is needed to keep it focused and on the path of continued improvement.

False Patriots need puffery, braggadocios behavior and will easily line up and stand behind a man who claims he doesn't make mistakes, a man who lies, a man who is immoral a man who has no respect for his nations citizenry, a man who has less appreciation for the nations allies than the nations enemies.

...that is Nationalism, the complete opposite of True Patriots, who love their country and call out bad stewards piloting it.

America's 4th of July was hijacked this year, by a very selfish egotistical frightened and dangerous person.

Don't Vote Rapist...unless you prefer that sort of thing.
BN747

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 am

BN747 wrote:

True Parents correct their child's behavior and conduct when it goes awry against social norms.
True Patriots love their country, but will criticize and do what ever is needed to keep it focused and on the path of continued improvement.

False Patriots need puffery, braggadocios behavior and will easily line up and stand behind a man who claims he doesn't make mistakes, a man who lies, a man who is immoral a man who has no respect for his nations citizenry, a man who has less appreciation for the nations allies than the nations enemies.

...that is Nationalism, the complete opposite of True Patriots, who love their country and call out bad stewards piloting it.

America's 4th of July was hijacked this year, by a very selfish egotistical frightened and dangerous person.

BN747

It’s not like your child. It’s a shared attachment your country and all that goes with it, good or bad. One may not feel the same way as another about it, but to each their own. Trying to denigrate those who disagree with you or shaking down companies who do something you think is offensive, but isn’t, isn’t exactly what I would call being patriotic. It’s clear there is a lack of understanding among some regarding the very close relationship between Patriotism and Nationalism as well.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:32 am

DL717 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

It’s not like your child. It’s a shared attachment your country and all that goes with it, good or bad. One may not feel the same way as another about it, but to each their own. Trying to denigrate those who disagree with you or shaking down companies who do something you think is offensive, but isn’t, isn’t exactly what I would call being patriotic. It’s clear there is a lack of understanding among some regarding the very close relationship between Patriotism and Nationalism either.

More than a few wise men said the following:

Patriotism is loving your country in your own way.

Nationalism is trying to selfishly keep your country to yourself and/or sharing in credit for shit you didn’t do that happened before you were born.

BN747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 am

DL717 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

It’s not like your child. It’s a shared attachment your country. One may not feel the same way as another about it, but to each their own. Trying to denigrate those who disagree with you isn’t exactly what I would call being patriotic. It’s clear there is a lack of understanding amount some regarding the very close relationship between Patriotism and Nationalism either.

It's exactly like your child, if need be a True Patriot will die for his country, many have, many are and many will...just like a child.
Yes the passion of the nation is a collective, but an unshakable poise...you negotiate for no one.

America has plenty of part-time Patriots, maybe Patriots, sometime Patriots...just like parents of children.

Stop trying to redefine what True Patriotism is. It does not waver.

You are one willing to place a very flawed man above the needs of the nation.

Don't Vote Rapist
BN747

DL717

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:40 am

Oh goodie. Let me go dust off that uniform I wore for 23 years while I get lectured about Patriotism. :roll:

seb146

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:43 am

Is it too soon to talk about the cost of the celebration of the occupant of the White House?

https://www.newsweek.com/irresponsible- ... 2vlgo4oqUs

seb146

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:44 am

DL717 wrote:
Oh goodie. Let me go dust off that uniform I wore for 23 years while I get lectured about Patriotism. :roll:

The man who got out of serving because of "bone spurs" even when playing basketball but yeah, totally the same thing.....

texdravid

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:38 am

Great speech and great turnout on the mall despite the bad weather.

Donald had a good week with this and the continued hot economy. Joe? Nah, a bad week of busing and other travails...
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

Aaron747

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:15 am

texdravid wrote:
Great speech and great turnout on the mall despite the bad weather.

Donald had a good week with this and the continued hot economy. Joe? Nah, a bad week of busing and other travails...

More spin. The jobs report is quite good - but real wage growth continues to suck - 1.1% year over year. Housing cost was growing 3% the last two years and is still at 1.6% now. Food prices are up 2% since last year. Healthcare cost growth is still at nearly 4%.