bgm
Topic Author

Organisers of a 'Straight Pride' event have called in the bomb squad over glitter

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:27 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48852990

The organisers of a so-called "straight pride" parade in Boston have claimed to be victims of terrorism after receiving envelopes full of glitter.

Three members of Super Happy Fun America called the authorities over envelopes filled with a "granular substance".

The letters prompted a response from the FBI, three fire departments and the bomb squad.

The FBI is investigating but says there is no threat to public safety.

Super Happy Fun America call themselves "an advocacy group for straight rights," though members of the group have been found to have links to far-right and white nationalist groups.

I guess snowflakes are not compatible with glitter. :rotfl:
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

tommy1808

Re: Organisers of a 'Straight Pride' event have called in the bomb squad over glitter

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:20 am

bgm wrote:
"an advocacy group for straight rights,"

I guess snowflakes are not compatible with glitter. :rotfl:

well, they do have the right to be scared too. Rather progressive that they don´t fall for the "Man have to be strong and fearless" stereotype.....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

scbriml

Re: Organisers of a 'Straight Pride' event have called in the bomb squad over glitter

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:14 am

bgm wrote:
The letters prompted a response from the FBI, three fire departments and the bomb squad.

Good to see this horrible threat to straight, white folks was taken seriously. :sarcastic:

bgm wrote:
I guess snowflakes are not compatible with glitter.

They might suffer from sparkalaphobia. :lol:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Francoflier

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:57 am

Did they drop the envelopes and ran around with their hands up screaming like little girls?
:biggrin:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

TSS

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:04 pm

scbriml wrote:
bgm wrote:

Good to see this horrible threat to straight, white folks was taken seriously. :sarcastic:

bgm wrote:
I guess snowflakes are not compatible with glitter.

They might suffer from sparkalaphobia. :lol:

As we've seen with recent "milkshaking" incidents where the milkshakes contained highly caustic quick-drying cement, sometimes things aren't what they appear to be and the prudent choice would be to make sure that the glitter is indeed all glitter and only glitter.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

blueflyer

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:27 pm

TSS wrote:
As we've seen with recent "milkshaking" incidents where the milkshakes contained highly caustic quick-drying cement, sometimes things aren't what they appear to be and the prudent choice would be to make sure that the glitter is indeed all glitter and only glitter.

Except that just like the glitter, the milkshake was harmless...
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

ual763

Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:49 pm

I’d like to see what you all would have done if you had received a strange anonymous envelope in which you could feel/hear a strange substance through the envelope? It’s all fun and games to you idiots until someone actually gets hurt or killed.
From flying to the NOTAM office

scbriml

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:40 pm

TSS wrote:

Except the "highly caustic, quick drying cement" was no such thing. #FakeNews

blueflyer wrote:

Unless it was banana flavour. :yuck:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

ual763

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:51 pm

scbriml wrote:
TSS wrote:

blueflyer wrote:

Okay, forget the quick drying cement controversy... Still assault whether it had cement in it or not. But, besides that, they also bludgeoned a man in the head with a crow bar... Is this funny to you as well?
From flying to the NOTAM office

alfa164

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:34 pm

ual763 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
TSS wrote:

blueflyer wrote:

Okay, forget the quick drying cement controversy... Still assault whether it had cement in it or not. But, besides that, they also bludgeoned a man in the head with a crow bar... Is this funny to you as well?

It was a nerf bar - and that is funny...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

bgm
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:57 pm

ual763 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

That must be why he needed 25 stitches... The video is literally online of the antifa mob striking him in the head multiple times with the crowbar. You can see his head split open in the video. You can also see the shots of his injuries in the hospital. And yet, losers like you who will defend anything, even if it means downplaying actual violence in the pursuit of political aims. And you wonder why our society is going down the shitter.

Look no further than your disgusting dumpster fire President for inspiration. He’s the one that constantly incites violence at his rallies and tweets. But of course you conveniently ignore that, don’t you?
████ ███ █ ███████ ██ █ █████ ██ ████ [redacted]

seb146

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:07 pm

bgm wrote:
ual763 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

That must be why he needed 25 stitches... The video is literally online of the antifa mob striking him in the head multiple times with the crowbar. You can see his head split open in the video. You can also see the shots of his injuries in the hospital. And yet, losers like you who will defend anything, even if it means downplaying actual violence in the pursuit of political aims. And you wonder why our society is going down the shitter.

Look no further than your disgusting dumpster fire President for inspiration. He’s the one that constantly incites violence at his rallies and tweets. But of course you conveniently ignore that, don’t you?

If "both sides do it" how do we not know this was a neo Nazi beating of a gay Asian?

BACK ON TOPIC:

With all the suspicious envelopes of white powder making people sick being sent to Democrats and "liberal" media outlets, it makes me wonder what was in this guy's head that was the first thing he went to? hmmmmmmmmm.........
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jordanh

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:15 pm

ual763 wrote:
And yet, losers like you who will defend anything, even if it means downplaying actual violence in the pursuit of political aims. And you wonder why our society is going down the shitter.

It is hard to believe someone with "ual" in their name would call someone else a "loser".

:rotfl:

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:26 pm

ual763 wrote:
I’d like to see what you all would have done if you had received a strange anonymous envelope in which you could feel/hear a strange substance through the envelope? It’s all fun and games to you idiots until someone actually gets hurt or killed.

Let’s ask your buddy mailing bombs out from his MAGA van, shall we?
E pur si muove -Galileo

Magog

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 pm

ual763 wrote:

Very well said. I don’t blame anyone for playing it safe.

johnboy

Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Magog wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Well let’s face it, if it’s in your hands already not much you can do about it at that point.

Except have a sparkle party, one surmises.

alfa164

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Magog wrote:
ual763 wrote:

To quote you from another thread: "That’s not a substantive response. Why don’t you throw in some relevant facts?"
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Magog

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 pm

alfa164 wrote:
Magog wrote:
ual763 wrote:

To quote you from another thread: "That’s not a substantive response. Why don’t you throw in some relevant facts?"

Huh? They played it safe. That’s a good thing. Stop being silly.

blueflyer

Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:07 pm

scbriml wrote:
blueflyer wrote:

Nothing a bit of Grand Marnier can't fix...

ual763 wrote:

What happens when you go to unreliable sources, read headlines, and don't care about details, you miss key pieces of the story.

Yes, it was assault, and yes assault is reprehensible, It should have ended there rather than adding fake drama and undermining the credibility and seriousness of the story...
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic